Erling Haaland (FM21)

marcMCFC1986

The guy a god! Only played one season with Dortmund and he won me the lot. Top scorer in both the league and Champions League and won himself the Ballon d'Or 5 months into the save. Cheat code, Silver bullet, god like or whatever you want to call him, his the ultimate must have. I'm about to do a YouTube save the with Spurs using the same tactics as the Dortmund save and if Kane is half as good as Haaland he'll clean up too

He really is a god! Genuinely feel like I’m cheating haha 

I wasn’t going to sign him as I signed him on FM20 - and didn’t just want to repeat what I did last season. But the 5* Scout Report was too tempting to go against.

I was torn between him at £69m, or Myron Boadu from AZ Alkmaar but they wanted £90m. 

Anybody signed Myron Boadu? 

34 minutes ago, marcMCFC1986 said:

He really is a god! Genuinely feel like I’m cheating haha 

I wasn’t going to sign him as I signed him on FM20 - and didn’t just want to repeat what I did last season. But the 5* Scout Report was too tempting to go against.

I was torn between him at £69m, or Myron Boadu from AZ Alkmaar but they wanted £90m. 

Anybody signed Myron Boadu? 

I guess by the time it got to when he moved to dortmund last year his original ratings in fm20 as good as they were, were kind of out of date im interested to see what hes like on this years as hes probably going to be a multiple ballon d'or winner in the next few years if he carries on like he has been. he pretty much has everything 

Edited by benlufc

I'm currently playing with dortmund. I'm at January in the first season.

Scores for fun but struggling to keep him fit. I'm getting messages saying he is fatigued and in need of a rest every other week.

Anyone else had this issue?

Anyone have an idea what his PA is (include spoiler as there will be some that don't want to see).  I won't give it away, but in my test save he has already maxed out (which doesn't quite feel right).  Mbappe aside, not sure there is a better young striker in world football.

Edited by Phil930

4 hours ago, Phil930 said:

Anyone have an idea what his PA is (include spoiler as there will be some that don't want to see).  I won't give it away, but in my test save he has already maxed out (which doesn't quite feel right).  Mbappe aside, not sure there is a better young striker in world football.

I've heard his PA isn't fixed this year when it was on FM20 after the January window update.

Playing Dortmund as my BETA save and he has 21 league goals in 12 games :lol: (very few are pens as well). was injured for 6 weeks then came back and just continued.

He is absolutely incredible and its refreshing as I couldn't get my strikers to score goals in FM20.

So aye, top goalscorer in the league by 9 goals even though he missed 6 games due to injury.

HERO!

I just finished my first season at Dortmund and I won the Bundesliga and the Champions League thanks to him... 50 goals throughout the season... He played as an advanced forward pretty much the entire season, few games I used him as a complete forward.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/12/2020 at 08:48, Fieldsy said:

his release clause has disappeared after Jan 2021 - is this normal?

From memory, his release clause was questioned by the research team and there was no official confirmation about its existence, so since it was speculation only, the clause was removed.

26 minutes ago, FrazT said:

From memory, his release clause was questioned by the research team and there was no official confirmation about its existence, so since it was speculation only, the clause was removed.

Interesting. Should mean he goes for absolute megabucks then :D

Edited by Gee_Simpson

• 2 weeks later...

Haaland is outstanding. Perhaps the best striker in the game. I manage Lazio and 3 seasons in I needed someone to replace ageing Immobile (who was also great). Tried Zirkzee in one season who did a decent job but was never 100% confident that he could lift the heavy burden. So I skipped Zirkzee to Milan and somehow managed to buy Haaland from Dortmund. For some reason he was not being purchased by Man U, Man C, PSG, Liverpool and those type of rich clubs even though he banged in 40+ goals in Bundesliga. And oh boy. Still have a few games left in the season but he is destroying Serie opponents. 

So far 59 goals in approx. 44 appearances, hereof 46 goals in 32 Serie appearances with 4 matches left in season. Guess he will reach 50 Serie A goals.

Haalaand.png

5 hours ago, 303jonas said:

Haaland is outstanding. Perhaps the best striker in the game. I manage Lazio and 3 seasons in I needed someone to replace ageing Immobile (who was also great). Tried Zirkzee in one season who did a decent job but was never 100% confident that he could lift the heavy burden. So I skipped Zirkzee to Milan and somehow managed to buy Haaland from Dortmund. For some reason he was not being purchased by Man U, Man C, PSG, Liverpool and those type of rich clubs even though he banged in 40+ goals in Bundesliga. And oh boy. Still have a few games left in the season but he is destroying Serie opponents. 

So far 59 goals in approx. 44 appearances, hereof 46 goals in 32 Serie appearances with 4 matches left in season. Guess he will reach 50 Serie A goals.

Haalaand.png

What role you using him in?

14 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah that seems to be the most successful striker role for most people. Was it as a lone striker in a 4231 or 433 I'm guessing?

Mostly lone striker in 4231. But have also paired him as AF with Immobile ad DLF  in a two striker setup in 352. That also gave some fine results.

19 minutes ago, 303jonas said:

Mostly lone striker in 4231. But have also paired him as AF with Immobile ad DLF  in a two striker setup in 352. That also gave some fine results.

Thanks.

Yeah most people seem to get the AF working in a 4231. I'll be trying to purchase him for my Man Utd save so will use him as a CF (A) or an AF.

• 2 months later...

ive followed the trend and purchased him at the end of season one. he now plays for man united. he is unreal. hes scored like 4 hat tricks on the bounce.

my question is what makes him so good? is it his ppms or his stats?

On 08/03/2021 at 13:11, the SLC said:

ive followed the trend and purchased him at the end of season one. he now plays for man united. he is unreal. hes scored like 4 hat tricks on the bounce.

my question is what makes him so good? is it his ppms or his stats?

Height, attributes and PPMs I’d say. Plus it’s programmed in the game that he’s very consistent. Taller strikers tend to be ridiculous on the game, I especially found that with Calvert-Lewin on my first Everton save this year.

41 minutes ago, ShaunG95 said:

Height, attributes and PPMs I’d say. Plus it’s programmed in the game that he’s very consistent. Taller strikers tend to be ridiculous on the game, I especially found that with Calvert-Lewin on my first Everton save this year.

Considering going for him as an alternative to Haaland as I've missed out on him to PSG. May restart when the final data update is released though because I would like to try Haaland out and this thread isn't helping :lol:

Calvert Lewin was scoring for fun for Everton but for some reason they have now stuck him out wide and play Boadu up top.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

8 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

reason i asked is that i have a scouting tool which mentions his PA which is a bit low for the results that everyone is having. other players with a higher PA that dont seem to be getting the same praise as haaland which made me wonder if its more than just PA. 

i shall pair him with a taller striker and see what happens

8 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Considering going for him as an alternative to Haaland as I've missed out on him to PSG. May restart when the final data update is released though because I would like to try Haaland out and this thread isn't helping :lol:

Calvert Lewin was scoring for fun for Everton but for some reason they have now stuck him out wide and play Boadu up top.

just finished season two. season one with haaland in the team. he scored 95 goal and was injured for the first 7 weeks

15 hours ago, the SLC said:

reason i asked is that i have a scouting tool which mentions his PA which is a bit low for the results that everyone is having. other players with a higher PA that dont seem to be getting the same praise as haaland which made me wonder if its more than just PA. 

i shall pair him with a taller striker and see what happens

Assumably you started this save before the latest update? Haaland had a potential that varied on the original patch for some reason, more often than not for me on multiple saves it’d be on the lower end of the range whereas he has a fixed world class potential now.

37 minutes ago, ShaunG95 said:

Assumably you started this save before the latest update? Haaland had a potential that varied on the original patch for some reason, more often than not for me on multiple saves it’d be on the lower end of the range whereas he has a fixed world class potential now.

I updated it using the in game editor among a few other things on my save, kinda feel bad for doing it now but I'm probably going to start over again anyway. It just didn't feel realistic him being at the lower end of that range as it's obvious he's going to be one of the best players in the world, or probably already is. His fixed potential now reflects that imo. Not sure why they didn't stick with it being fixed like it was on the last patch for FM20.

8 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

nope i am using the latest update

13 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I updated it using the in game editor among a few other things on my save, kinda feel bad for doing it now but I'm probably going to start over again anyway. It just didn't feel realistic him being at the lower end of that range as it's obvious he's going to be one of the best players in the world, or probably already is. His fixed potential now reflects that imo. Not sure why they didn't stick with it being fixed like it was on the last patch for FM20.

I thought that. He was already potentially world class on that update and realistically I can't imagine his latest buff will result in him becoming that much better than he was on that FM20 update.

Well there must be something about Wilson as he's ripping up the Prem in season 3 of my Man Utd save! He didn't score against me thankfully but he has scored the same amount of goals as the number of league games he's played. Not bad considering it's the AI in charge!

On 14/03/2021 at 02:08, Gee_Simpson said:

Well there must be something about Wilson as he's ripping up the Prem in season 3 of my Man Utd save! He didn't score against me thankfully but he has scored the same amount of goals as the number of league games he's played. Not bad considering it's the AI in charge!

I wish the AI was in charge in real life 😞 

Since the new patch he's impossible to sign , at least for me with Man Utd. I offered a structured deal of up to 200m which they flat out declined. Which is kinda ridiculous given everyone knows that dortmund are skint now.

No issues with him wanting to play for me dortmund just flat out won't accept any offers , start of first season on this save literally just installed the latest winter patch !

4 hours ago, MartsMac1982 said:

Since the new patch he's impossible to sign , at least for me with Man Utd. I offered a structured deal of up to 200m which they flat out declined. Which is kinda ridiculous given everyone knows that dortmund are skint now.

No issues with him wanting to play for me dortmund just flat out won't accept any offers , start of first season on this save literally just installed the latest winter patch !

Pretty annoying especially as he's meant to have a release clause in his contract to worth around 55-60mil

3 hours ago, TheBigBoss said:

Pretty annoying especially as he's meant to have a release clause in his contract to worth around 55-60mil

Yeah I read about that too. That combined with the fact that theres no way Dortmund would turn down a structured 80-100m deal for him given their finances In real life. It's very annoying. Oh well I'll have to see if dortmund win nothing then they'll be more willing to sell him at the end of the season.

I did manage to snag Moukoko from them for 20 mill though so all is not lost lol.

35 minutes ago, MartsMac1982 said:

Yeah I read about that too. That combined with the fact that theres no way Dortmund would turn down a structured 80-100m deal for him given their finances In real life. It's very annoying. Oh well I'll have to see if dortmund win nothing then they'll be more willing to sell him at the end of the season.

I did manage to snag Moukoko from them for 20 mill though so all is not lost lol.

exactly and given their model in real life is to buy low and sell big. Might have to play the long game and declare interest and set as top target with Haaland