Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame and ways to increase realism (updated 03. May 21) *links updated*

Love this thread! It's the same stuff where I can thinker a lot about before starting my first real save!

I'm thinking about making the top 2 leagues from 20-25 nations in Europe playable together with Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, USA, China and South Africa.
Should I still add some extra players? 

Btw, I'm not expecting to be manager outside of Europe, probably, it's just for realism and immersion.
Probably will stick to RSC Anderlecht in my first save..how is your save going?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, swippy said:

Suggesting to load 27 nations minimum is bad advice to most people who want to have a fairly fast game.

There is no need to load more than 80k players or more than 8 nations with their leagues. Extra top level leagues just give the player an advantage over the AI when it comes to offloading players. And I don't think the player needs any extra advantages considering how bad the AI squad building is.

So why do you load 8 nations instead of one nation? See, that's the reason why we load more nations. 8 nations are a very small football world.

Edited by Tom 99

vor 7 Stunden schrieb BadAss88:

Love this thread! It's the same stuff where I can thinker a lot about before starting my first real save!

I'm thinking about making the top 2 leagues from 20-25 nations in Europe playable together with Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, USA, China and South Africa.
Should I still add some extra players? 

Btw, I'm not expecting to be manager outside of Europe, probably, it's just for realism and immersion.
Probably will stick to RSC Anderlecht in my first save..how is your save going?

Thanks! If you load that many leagues playable I would set the others as view only with players loaded from all top leagues:) Otherwise in could be a bit unbalanced IMO

Oh I just haven't updated my status:lol:

I haven't really "played" fm 21 yet. Steam says 400+ hours, but this is all testing and try to improve fm-experience for you all:D

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

5 hours ago, Daveincid said:

Thanks! If you load that many leagues playable I would set the others as view only with players loaded from all top leagues:) Otherwise in could be a bit unbalanced IMO

Oh I just haven't updated my status:lol:

I haven't really "played" fm 21 yet. Steam says 400+ hours, but this is all testing and try to improve fm-experience for you all:D

Cheers

Daveincid

And what if I didnt add Mexico, USA, China and South-Africa? 

Will this make Asia, North America and Africa more balanced? Because I don't favour any nation or more unbalanced because there's no playable nation selected? 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb BadAss88:

And what if I didnt add Mexico, USA, China and South-Africa? 

Will this make Asia, North America and Africa more balanced? Because I don't favour any nation or more unbalanced because there's no playable nation selected? 

More balanced is maybe the wrong word. It will be more balanced because you treat every Nation in Asia, North America and Africa the same. But this problem really only affects longterm-save.

3 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

More balanced is maybe the wrong word. It will be more balanced because you treat every Nation in Asia, North America and Africa the same. But this problem really only affects longterm-save.

Yes, but that's my main focus as I only plan to manage in Europe and maybe in Argentina and Brazil. So only the other European and South America nations on view only? And adding top division players globaly? 

vor 1 Minute schrieb BadAss88:

Yes, but that's my main focus as I only plan to manage in Europe and maybe in Argentina and Brazil. So only the other European and South America nations on view only? And adding top division players globaly? 

Sounds good to me!

• Daveincid changed the title to Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame (updated 26. Nov. 2020)

I have just made some testing. It needs further testing to confirm it definetly.

Influence of league-setup in terms of Injuries

According to my test-scenario I was quite surprized.  When you set a League as playable you will have about 30% more injuries  in average, than view only. 

Conclusion:

set a league playable will give you a more realistic scenario with injuries

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

5 hours ago, Daveincid said:

I have just made some testing. It needs further testing to confirm it definetly.

Influence of league-setup in terms of Injuries

According to my test-scenario I was quite surprized.  When you set a League as playable you will have about 30% more injuries  in average, than view only. 

Conclusion:

set a league playable will give you a more realistic scenario with injuries

Cheers

Daveincid

In running the benchmarking exercise from @Brother Ben, it was a real eye opener that is seems to me the level of simulation detail plays a much larger role in speed than playable vs view only. I'm going to set up my league with all leagues playable, and fiddle with detail level more to fine tune my speed.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb PatrickReynolds:

In running the benchmarking exercise from @Brother Ben, it was a real eye opener that is seems to me the level of simulation detail plays a much larger role in speed than playable vs view only. I'm going to set up my league with all leagues playable, and fiddle with detail level more to fine tune my speed.

eye opener is good. this is what I try to achieve with the guide:)

On 25/11/2020 at 14:12, Harper said:

I created a couple .fmf files that can be loaded at the Advanced Setup screen; just drop them into your ...\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\game_setup

I have not tested performance on any of these.

Player count will reduce if you switch to a default small database.

Global Load (~105k)

The goal here is to be globally representative with an expansive player load. 35 leagues across 29 nations. Uses a custom small DB: Players with national reputation and from clubs in continental competition from UK & Ireland, Central and Eastern Europe, East Asia, South America (East & West), North America, Western Africa.

Reveal hidden contents

Europe

UK and Ireland: England (2), Scotland (1), Ireland (1)

Central Europe: Austria (1) Belgium (1), France (1), Germany (1), Italy (1), Netherlands (1), Portugal (1), Spain (1)

South Europe: Greece (1), Turkey (1)

Eastern Europe: Croatia (1), Czech Republic (1), Poland (1), Russia (1), Ukraine (1)

Scandinavia: Denmark (1), Sweden (1)

Africa

South Africa (1)

Asia

Australia (1), China (1), South Korea (1)

North America

Mexico (1), USA (1)

South America

Argentina (1), Brazil (1), Colombia (1)

Large Load (~88k): 

The goal here is to be globally and regionally representative with a large player load. Loads 25 leagues across 20 nations using custom small DB: Players with national reputation and from clubs in continental competition from UK & Ireland, Central and Eastern Europe, East Asia, South America (East & West), North America, Western Africa

Reveal hidden contents

Europe

UK and Ireland: England (2)

Central Europe: Belgium (1), France (2), Germany (2), Italy (2), Netherlands (1), Portugal (1), Spain (2)

Eastern Europe: Croatia (1), Russia (1), Ukraine (1)

Scandinavia: Denmark (1)

Africa

South Africa (1)

Asia

China (1)

North America

Mexico (1), USA (1)

South America

Argentina (1), Brazil (1)

Medium Load (~71k)

The goal here is to be globally and regionally representative with a moderate player load. Loads 17 leagues across 16 nations using custom small DB: Players from clubs in continental competition from UK & Ireland, Central and Eastern Europe, East Asia, South America (East & West), North America, Western Africa

Reveal hidden contents

Europe

Central Europe: France (1), Germany (1), Italy (1), Netherlands (1), Spain (1)

Eastern Europe: Russia (1), Ukraine (1)

Africa

South Africa (1)

Asia

China (1)

North America

Mexico (1)

South America

Argentina (1), Brazil (1)

Light Load (~57k)

The goal here is to be globally and regionally representative with a small player load. Loads 13 leagues across 12 nations using custom small DB: Players from clubs in continental competition from UK & Ireland, Central and Eastern Europe, East Asia, South America (East & West), North America, Western Africa

Reveal hidden contents

Europe

Central Europe: France (1), Germany (1), Italy (1), Spain (1)

South Europe: Turkey (1)

Eastern Europe: Ukraine (1)

Africa

South Africa (1)

Asia

China (1)

North America

Mexico (1)

South America

Brazil (1)

Euro Load (~76k)

Euro-Centric load with 26 leagues from 21 nations and a moderate player load. Uses custom Medium DB: Players with national reputation and from clubs in continental competition from UK & Ireland, Central and Eastern Europe, South America (East & West), Western Africa

Reveal hidden contents

Europe

UK and Ireland: England (2), Ireland (1), Scotland (1)

Central Europe: Austria (1), Belgium (1), France (2), Germany (2), Italy (2), Netherlands (1), Portugal (1), Spain (1), Switzerland (1)

Eastern Europe: Croatia (1), Czech Republic (1), Poland (1), Russia (1), Serbia (1), Ukraine (1)

Scandinavia: Denmark (1), Sweden (1)

UK & Ireland Load (54k)

British Isles-centric loads seventeen leagues from the five nations in a custom medium DB: Players with national reputation and from clubs in continental competition from UK & Ireland, Central and Eastern Europe, East Asia, South America (East & West), North America, Western Africa

Includes England (6), Scotland (4), Ireland (2), N. Ireland (3), and Wales (2)

1-Global Load.fmf 20.48 kB · 6 downloads 6-UK & Ireland Load.fmf 20.27 kB · 4 downloads 5-Euro Load.fmf 20.19 kB · 3 downloads 4-Light Load.fmf 19.93 kB · 3 downloads 3-Medium Load.fmf 19.97 kB · 5 downloads 2-Large Load.fmf 20.41 kB · 4 downloads

Has anyone tested this?  Im surprised nobody has responded to this post - these set ups look pretty interesting.  

8 hours ago, PatrickReynolds said:

I believe having leagues playable and having a detail set also increases the scouting return/frequency of a given nation. 

I work on editor projects to increase the realism of Football Manager 2021, you can find my file here!

https://community.sigames.com/topic/539696-fm21-alternative-youth-rating-v10-by-daveincid/

I highly recommend the files from @majesticeternity which can be found in the editors hideaway download forum too. I work on projects with her and I have to say, her work is just amazing!

https://community.sigames.com/forum/834-editors-hideaway-download-forum-fm21/

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

• Daveincid changed the title to Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame and ways to increase realism (updated 27. Nov. 2020)

First of all, really apreciated this, it's gonna help me a lot in my future saves. But I have a question, my future big save it's gonna be the Hexagon challenge, so I want to add a lot of middle east leagues, african and oceanic countrys. How many countrys with costum leagues do you recommend for a better continental club experience?

Thanks for the help 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb leandro:

First of all, really apreciated this, it's gonna help me a lot in my future saves. But I have a question, my future big save it's gonna be the Hexagon challenge, so I want to add a lot of middle east leagues, african and oceanic countrys. How many countrys with costum leagues do you recommend for a better continental club experience?

Thanks for the help 

Thanks!

It takes a lot of time to complete this challenge. IMO If you want to keep some kind of balance I would load as much as you can and prioritise the ones with higher league reputation and set it to view only, only the Nation you play and the next Nation you are planning to go as playable.

I would recommend to simulate the games from the continental champions league in full detail. This way you save some time for processing but you still keep some realism.

Cheers

Daveincid

This thread has completely changed the way I setup FM.  CPU has never really been an issue (i7 8700k today), excluding some laptop days back in early 2010's.  Historically went England (League 2 and above), and France, Germany, Italy and Spain.  Occasionally threw in Argentina, Brazil, Holland, and typically 35-45k players with medium DB.  I rarely move countries and stick for 3-5 years with Chelsea (same since the 90s).

Today 27 leagues from 20 nations:
- England (top 4 leagues)
- France, Germany, Italy Spain (top 2)
- Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Argentina, Brazil, USA

DB Small with Continents (~103K loaded):
- EUR (current international, top division clubs, players with continental rep)
- All Other Continents EUR (current international, players with continental rep)

I will tweak the detail level for expanded international and European fixtures.  May even try top league from big 4 outside England.  Just always liked a fast game, but the benchmarking thread delivered reasonable performance.  

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Phil930:

This thread has completely changed the way I setup FM.  CPU has never really been an issue (i7 8700k today), excluding some laptop days back in early 2010's.  Historically went England (League 2 and above), and France, Germany, Italy and Spain.  Occasionally threw in Argentina, Brazil, Holland, and typically 35-45k players with medium DB.  I rarely move countries and stick for 3-5 years with Chelsea (same since the 90s).

Today 27 leagues from 20 nations:
- England (top 4 leagues)
- France, Germany, Italy Spain (top 2)
- Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Argentina, Brazil, USA

DB Small with Continents (~103K loaded):
- EUR (current international, top division clubs, players with continental rep)
- All Other Continents EUR (current international, players with continental rep)

I will tweak the detail level for expanded international and European fixtures.  May even try top league from big 4 outside England.  Just always liked a fast game, but the benchmarking thread delivered reasonable performance.  

Nice! I am testing other setups right now, maybe I can tweak it a bit more to get the same level of realism with less processing power

12 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Nice! I am testing other setups right now, maybe I can tweak it a bit more to get the same level of realism with less processing power

While not to your level, in a similar boat that I've spent two weeks tweaking a game setup.  It's really time for me to start playing!

Gerade eben schrieb Phil930:

While not to your level, in a similar boat that I've spent two weeks tweaking a game setup.  It's really time for me to start playing!

I know! I usually start my first save in January or even February:lol: Have fun!

What set up would you suggest  for an Intel core i3 -4160 @3.60ghz, 8gb ram

Normally do England (League 2 and above) playable, then Spain, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Scotland View only, never changed the detail level 

Want to get a better experience for a new long term save.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb jaylg:

What set up would you suggest  for an Intel core i3 -4160 @3.60ghz, 8gb ram

Normally do England (League 2 and above) playable, then Spain, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Scotland View only, never changed the detail level 

Want to get a better experience for a new long term save.

because it's dualcore only, I wouldn't add full detail at all, I'm afraid. If you feel there is some room left in terms of speed, I would suggest to add Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Turkey, USA, Mexico, China and South Korea. All set to view only of course. Then you can add the players from theese leagues via the advanced db. If you want to save as much speed as possible, you can literally load the players for a specific league only.

Cheers

Daveincid

Edited by Daveincid

Update 29.11.2020

FM has problems to retain the amount of players when a League is set to view-only

Due my testing I spotted a problem by the AI to keep the amount of players compared to the start-amount. This happends, when a Team get's relegated and the team from down below doesn't have a squad. The relegated team will loose players over time. My test-db had 85k players in 2020. Further in 2033 there were only 40k left. The test-setup contained only one playable Nation, all the others were view-only. So my conclusion is, that you really should set leagues to playable if you are planning a longterm-save. I haven't completed the testing yet, I will keep you updated as soon as it's finished.

Cheers

Daveincid

• Daveincid changed the title to Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame and ways to increase realism (updated 29. Nov. 2020)
15 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

Update 29.11.2020

FM has problems to retain the amount of players when a League is set to view-only

Due my testing I spotted a problem by the AI to keep the amount of players compared to the start-amount. This happends, when a Team get's relegated and the team from down below doesn't have a squad. The relegated team will loose players over time. My test-db had 85k players in 2020. Further in 2033 there were only 40k left. The test-setup contained only one playable Nation, all the others were view-only. So my conclusion is, that you really should set leagues to playable if you are planning a longterm-save. I haven't completed the testing yet, I will keep you updated as soon as it's finished.

Cheers

Daveincid

Doesn't make good reading but I assume it's the same bug that has been logged in the bug forum?

I guess there's something really wrong with my setup.

All my players are wanted. Half of them are wanted by teams from Qatar and UAE. Screenshot is from day 1 when starting the save.

For playable leagues I have:
Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy and Finland = 1 league
Iceland, England and Germany = 2 leagues
Denmark, Sweden and Norway = 3 leagues

So 20 leagues playable.

In the database I loaded all national team players in Europe
And all Scandinavian players with high reputation.

billede.png.269767f44d0c526154a24de2c0c0e411.png

Gerade eben schrieb mernild:

I guess there's something really wrong with my setup.

All my players are wanted. Half of them are wanted by teams from Qatar and UAE. Screenshot is from day 1 when starting the save.

For playable leagues I have:
Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy and Finland = 1 league
Iceland, England and Germany = 2 leagues
Denmark, Sweden and Norway = 3 leagues

So 20 leagues playable.

In the database I loaded all national team players in Europe
And all Scandinavian players with high reputation.

billede.png.269767f44d0c526154a24de2c0c0e411.png

Yeah....I think this is because of poor transfer preferences by default....There is still a lot of work to do to....happends to me too all the time

1 minute ago, Daveincid said:

Yeah....I think this is because of poor transfer preferences by default....There is still a lot of work to do to....happends to me too all the time

So it's not becuase there is something obviously wrong with my setup?

Does anyone have any thoughts on adding Brazil and Argentina for an English start, especially given Brexit?  While no official benchmarking, I've tested 4 game setups all playable and simply go on holiday for one week and observe the processing time. I should probably skip to a deeper week in the season, but was still using this to gauge initial speed.  Given I am still loading players from top division clubs in South America, I wonder if this is really necessary for ARG and BRA to be playable for regen purposes.  The game just feels a little slow for my speed when doing so (i7 8700k). 

DB - Normal, Continents Current Intl and Continental Rep (all); Continents Top Division Clubs (EUR and SA only) (same for all tests)

Test A - Playable (1), Leagues (4) - 64k - 29 seconds
ENG (top 4)

Test B - Playable (10), Leagues (17) - 85k - 38 seconds
ENG (top 4) FRA, GER, ITA, SPA (top 2), BEL, NED, POR, RUS, SCO (top)

Test C - Playable (15), Leagues (22) - 88k - 42 seconds
ENG (top 4) FRA, GER, ITA, SPA (top 2), AUS, BEL, DEN, NED, POR, RUS, SCO, SWI, TUR, UKR (top)

Test D - Playable (17), Leagues (24) - 103k - 54 seconds
ENG (top 4) FRA, GER, ITA, SPA (top 2), AUS, BEL, DEN, NED, POR, RUS, SCO, SWI, TUR, UKR, ARG, BRA (top)

Also I did complete the benchmarking thread tests, but imo they go from reasonable to high demand immediately.  Fully appreciate there is no right or wrong way to set up; just trying to strike the right balance of speed and realism without superfluous loads.  This also doesn't take into account increasing certain comps to Full Detail - just really trying to address the regen aspect.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Phil930:

Does anyone have any thoughts on adding Brazil and Argentina for an English start, especially given Brexit?  While no official benchmarking, I've tested 4 game setups all playable and simply go on holiday for one week and observe the processing time. I should probably skip to a deeper week in the season, but was still using this to gauge initial speed.  Given I am still loading players from top division clubs in South America, I wonder if this is really necessary for ARG and BRA to be playable for regen purposes.  The game just feels a little slow for my speed when doing so (i7 8700k). 

DB - Normal, Continents Current Intl and Continental Rep (all); Continents Top Division Clubs (EUR and SA only) (same for all tests)

Test A - Playable (1), Leagues (4) - 64k - 29 seconds
ENG (top 4)

Test B - Playable (10), Leagues (17) - 85k - 38 seconds
ENG (top 4) FRA, GER, ITA, SPA (top 2), BEL, NED, POR, RUS, SCO (top)

Test C - Playable (15), Leagues (22) - 88k - 42 seconds
ENG (top 4) FRA, GER, ITA, SPA (top 2), AUS, BEL, DEN, NED, POR, RUS, SCO, SWI, TUR, UKR (top)

Test D - Playable (17), Leagues (24) - 103k - 54 seconds
ENG (top 4) FRA, GER, ITA, SPA (top 2), AUS, BEL, DEN, NED, POR, RUS, SCO, SWI, TUR, UKR, ARG, BRA (top)

Also I did complete the benchmarking thread tests, but imo they go from reasonable to high demand immediately.  Fully appreciate there is no right or wrong way to set up; just trying to strike the right balance of speed and realism without superfluous loads.  This also doesn't take into account increasing certain comps to Full Detail - just really trying to address the regen aspect.

have you done the test at the start of the save? If yes, they could be missleading because of the pandemic, some leagues won't start yet. for a proper result I would do the test in august 2021.

Cheers

Daveincid

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 05:58, Daveincid said:

- Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others leagues view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with small/medium/big db:

This is the start of a balanced world for longer saves. It depends how many playable leagues your system can run at a decent speed. For some it's 15 nations for some 30.

Hi, I'm really new to this style of playing the game so I'm sorry if this is too obvious of a question, but my machine really struggles with the demand. I just ran a Benchmark A test and it took 3 minutes. Outside of developing monk-like patience, does this mean that I really can't play the game in this way? 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb bielsadidnothingwrong:

Hi, I'm really new to this style of playing the game so I'm sorry if this is too obvious of a question, but my machine really struggles with the demand. I just ran a Benchmark A test and it took 3 minutes. Outside of developing monk-like patience, does this mean that I really can't play the game in this way? 

It is just my personal recommendation, I am very perfectionistic in terms of realism. I know it's a really demanding setup. There are other opinions which disagree with my view, so just give it a try and when it's too slow, tweak it as long as you want until it matches with your system:) 

People are always shocked when I tell them I'm planning to play using 50 leagues, not sure myself as I tend to get impatient 😅

I'm going Man Utd so I think that 50 leagues may be overkill, but to others it's probably fine or not even enough! I have a i9 9900k with 16GB RAM. Minimum I'll run is 25 leagues, considering that vs 50, I may give 50 a go for a season to see how it feels. From what I've tested, FM21 is actually slower than FM20 apart from loading and saving which is considerably faster on FM21. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

vor 1 Minute schrieb Gee_Simpson:

People are always shocked when I tell them I'm planning to play using 50 leagues, not sure myself as I tend to get impatient 😅

I'm going Man Utd so I think that 50 leagues may be overkill, but to others it's probably fine or not even enough! I have a i9 9900k with 16GB RAM. Minimum I'll run is 25 leagues, considering that vs 50. May give 50 a go for a season to see how it feels. From what I've tested, FM21 is actually slower than FM20 apart from loading and saving which is considerably faster on FM21. 

Since I had the patience once back in FM18 to load almost all leagues playable and played until 2030, there is just no way back anymore. The worldwide realism was just too good:lol: So many little stories written by the AI, just faboulus!

Lol I tend not to bother about that stuff, although my main reason for maybe loading 50 leagues is for more newgens but maybe it's unnecessary for a team like Man Utd. Although the current bug where hardly any newgens spawn in inactive leagues makes me think I should load lots of leagues.

Also I know some people swear by small database even when loading lots of leagues as apparently it increases transfer activity? 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Gee_Simpson:

Also I know some people swear by small database even when loading lots of leagues as apparently it increases transfer activity? 

I don't understand the logic behind. Loads of players won't slow down your game too much. So for the Immersion factor I would always load players via the advanced db, in every scenario. Usually all top division players worldwide and national reputation. If you load some leagues playable and a lot of view-only, even with a midrange system it's playable and you get a decent transfer activity worldwide.

Edited by Daveincid

I think the main reason for a smaller database is yes to help the market. Very few playable leagues with lots of players, is said to mean that you have X amount of clubs, with way too many players available. So it will become very difficult to offload a player, and easy to buy a free agent or cheap player.

on the other hand, a small database would mean players are more “rare” and then your players will be wanted by clubs and more easily sold.

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

I don't understand the logic behind. Loads of players won't slow down your game too much. So for the Immersion factor I would always load players via the advanced db, in every scenario. Usually all top division players worldwide and national reputation. If you load some leagues playable and a lot of view-only, even with a midrange system it's playable and you get a decent transfer activity worldwide.

I disagree with this. I'm not a fan of loading extra players in without having the leagues active as it over saturates the market imo.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb majesticeternity:

I think the main reason for a smaller database is yes to help the market. Very few playable leagues with lots of players, is said to mean that you have X amount of clubs, with way too many players available. So it will become very difficult to offload a player, and easy to buy a free agent or cheap player.

on the other hand, a small database would mean players are more “rare” and then your players will be wanted by clubs and more easily sold.

I have to test it, it just doesn't make sense to me. In a view-only or unloaded league there is less transfer-activity, so they won't buy or sell players in a high frequency anyway. If you now load a small db, they will buy players for even a higher amount of money as they already do. And it's too high by default already IMO. If you want to offload low quality players with less playable leagues, it's difficult, but they would go for free IRL aswell.

I mostly play with all leagues playable and arround 265k players. There are thousands of free agents, but quality has it's price. It's easy to sell your own players for cheap yes, but not for a bunch of money if they aren't worth it. They are always wanted by someone, especially with our transfer preference file.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Gee_Simpson:

I disagree with this. I'm not a fan of loading extra players in without having the leagues active as it over saturates the market imo.

I'm not a fan of it too, but IMO it's better than not loading players from top divison at all, because their league, the national team and in the end, the balancing between different nations is a big problem. I do not disagree with you, I just think it's less worse to do it in my way. But this is just personal opinion:)

The only problem i see when loading  players via adv db is selling your great players for the real price, i give you an example im on year 2022 with benfica from portugal, my striker is darwin nunez top score in portugal won all cups + league title, i reach semi finals and lost againts bayern decent performance for benfica, yet no one offers more than 50 milion for darwin, he is a 162 potential player currently at 159.

Im trying so hard to find a good balance between having players playable leagues and good transfer market but cant find a good solution.

Sorry if my english is bad.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Domyos:

The only problem i see when loading  players via adv db is selling your great players for the real price, i give you an example im on year 2022 with benfica from portugal, my striker is darwin nunez top score in portugal won all cups + league title, i reach semi finals and lost againts bayern decent performance for benfica, yet no one offers more than 50 milion for darwin, he is a 162 potential player currently at 159.

Im trying so hard to find a good balance between having players playable leagues and good transfer market but cant find a good solution.

Sorry if my english is bad.

And what's the problem with offers around 50mil, why should someone pay more than that? Sounds perfect to me?  He isn't as good as Joao Felix IRL and ingame. This was the record transfer for a portuguese club, followed by Dias, Fernandes and Militao. Theese 3 players are similar to Darwin Nunez, so it's pretty accurate.

Edited by Daveincid

Gerade eben schrieb Domyos:

Maybe i'm being a little picky about the value, but irl there are rumors about a possible transfer for 100M + and maybe im thinking to much and in game he is not as good.

getting 50mil for a player who's in the portuguese league with a CA/PA of 159/162 is well balanced IMO. But I'm curious, have you set the player to transfer list and tried to sell him? What offers do you get? What leagues have you load (playable, view-only), and what's your db-size?

Yeah, i search almost every day for players opinions about database setup, i like to have top players from all continents cuz it triggers more regens for every club even if they are not playable, but in the end i found myself having hard time selling players for a "decent price". You can say darwin nunez for 50 Milion is good but to find a player with his caliber or with his potential, you have to spend almost the same. With my tests, i realise that having league on playable without adv db transfer market increase his value and the diference between average players and good players are huge, if i dont have extra players from adv db i could sell darwin maybe for 80 milion, but with so many regens coming from all arround the world with equal potential the value of player decreases.