Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame and ways to increase realism (updated 03. May 21) *links updated*

vor 1 Minute schrieb Gee_Simpson:

I worry about loading a small amount of leagues but then adding thousands of players as I read that it can flood the market with too many players meaning the transfer market is negatively affected, but maybe that's not the case? 

Try it out? Simulate a few seasons over night? I personally don't think that this is the case, but I currently don't have the focus on this right now, my main project is still my megapack.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Daveincid

Finally got round to buying new laptop and fm22...

Looking to start a journeyman save and was wondering what sort of amount of leagues I could load.

New laptop specs.

MSI GF63 Thin 10SC, i5 10500h CPU @2.5GHz 2.5GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200mhz, GeForce GTX1650 Max Q

Cheers in advance.

Edited by craiglowerson1984

3 minutes ago, craiglowerson1984 said:

Hi Daveincid

Finally got round to buying new laptop and fm22...

Looking to start a journeyman save and was wondering what sort of amount of leagues I could load.

New laptop specs.

MSI GF63 Thin 10SC, i5019599h CPU @2.5GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200mhz, GeForce GTX1650 Max Q

Cheers in advance.

I’m also curious to learn with Dave’s advice here.

Congrats on your super new gamer machine. I also have a fast laptop, but I think FM is a sluggish software in any case.

A slow computer will slow down FM, but a fast computer will not make FM fast, unfortunately…

:kriss:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I'm trying set up optimal database for my needs - and I have a question (maybe stupid but...):

Is there a maximum amount of active leagues in FM22? Can I set up 200 leagues (playable + view olny) from 170 countries?

I'm asking because I tested this settings:

1) All countries listed in the first post of this thread in points 1-3 - mixed playable and view only - that is: vanilla + Europe and South America by DaveTheEditor + other countries by Riddler ( + Daveincid megapack of course). That is about 140 leagues and everything worked perfectly - 1,5 year was simulated without any problems.

2) when I add less important countries from point 4 in the first post (leagues by Dave/Riddler; all as view only) - that is more than 200 leagues in total - the game crashes after couple of weeks of simulation (in June or July 2021). Could too many leagues be a problem? What do you think about it?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

vor 1 Minute schrieb mucca_pacca:

Is there a maximum amount of active leagues in FM22? Can I set up 200 leagues (playable + view olny) from 170 countries?

No there isn't :)

vor 1 Minute schrieb mucca_pacca:

1) All countries listed in the first post of this thread in points 1-3 - mixed playable and view only - that is: vanilla + Europe and South America by DaveTheEditor + other countries by Riddler ( + Daveincid megapack of course). That is about 140 leagues and everything worked perfectly - 1,5 year was simulated without any problems.

Awesome!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb mucca_pacca:

when I add less important countries from point 4 in the first post (leagues by Dave/Riddler; all as view only) - that is more than 200 leagues in total - the game crashes after couple of weeks of simulation (in June or July 2021). Could too many leagues be a problem? What do you think about it?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Too many leagues shouldn't be a problem unless your PC only has 4GB RAM. I would just check if all drivers are up-to-date.

Cheers

Daveincid

vor 9 Stunden schrieb shortshifted78:

@Daveincid since it seems there is a significant decrease in fan created leagues (at least at this point) in FM22, how do you suggest doing the balance?

I don't agree with that. The game is only out for 2 months. There are some great files out already. Beside that it's much more difficult to create realistic league-files during the pandemic.

if you select from this screen about 15 countries "current international players" and players from top clubs- are you likely to flood the database and contribute to a much slower game in yrs to come.

This screen V the main one confused me in terms of the difference of playing influx and game performance.

when i was setting up the game initially it only dropped a star but welcome feedback on what i can/should expect in next few seasons ( i typically last 5-10) thank you

image.thumb.png.8c7f473f57d20d54ebcfbb7ec488a73b.png

image.png

vor 5 Minuten schrieb pizzachips:

if you select from this screen about 15 countries "current international players" and players from top clubs- are you likely to flood the database and contribute to a much slower game in yrs to come.

This screen V the main one confused me in terms of the difference of playing influx and game performance.

when i was setting up the game initially it only dropped a star but welcome feedback on what i can/should expect in next few seasons ( i typically last 5-10) thank you

image.thumb.png.8c7f473f57d20d54ebcfbb7ec488a73b.png

image.png

IMO "players based in Nation" and "Players with Nationality" is overkill and even if it's "only" more players without necessary adding more leagues, which is a much bigger factor of slowing down your game, I wouldn't tick those 2 boxes at all.

Edited by Daveincid

3 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

IMO "players based in Nation" and "Players with Nationality" is overkill and even if it's "only" more players without necessary adding more leagues, which is a much bigger factor of slowing down your game, I wouldn't tick those 2 boxes at all.

Thanks- if that mistake has been made/ game starts to slow down, it isnt possible to undo this is there to "speed it up"? it 

unlike for example where you can here simply remove

image.thumb.png.7a9e3605cb314d4a1cff6596de59969d.png

vor 18 Minuten schrieb pizzachips:

Thanks- if that mistake has been made/ game starts to slow down, it isnt possible to undo this is there to "speed it up"? it 

unlike for example where you can here simply remove

image.thumb.png.7a9e3605cb314d4a1cff6596de59969d.png

I don't recommend to change settings once the game has started, but this is a personal preference.

Sorry I don't meant to clog this thread, but do you know if it is possible as I am 4 seasons into my game where I can remove what I had ticked below when setting up my game initially.

I don't want to re start equally I am mindful of the player count will only keep increasing= game slowdown. I have looked but cant find where

image.thumb.png.06dfac071cfc36d403655009777134b8.png

vor 4 Minuten schrieb pizzachips:

Sorry I don't meant to clog this thread, but do you know if it is possible as I am 4 seasons into my game where I can remove what I had ticked below when setting up my game initially.

I don't want to re start equally I am mindful of the player count will only keep increasing= game slowdown. I have looked but cant find where

image.thumb.png.06dfac071cfc36d403655009777134b8.png

no, this isn't possible I'm sorry.

On 18/11/2021 at 11:44, Daveincid said:

Hi mate

Yes, it's currently at BETA-Stage and available on Patreon. Public release will be in the first week of December :)

Edit: If you mean my setup for leagues, this will also be available arround early December, as my focus is still 100% on my "Increase Realism"- Megapack ;)

Cheers

Has the league setup been made available as yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 16:58, Daveincid said:

I realized, that many people don't really understand how the setup works exactly. So I made this guide to give you some kind of overview  how it works.  Any constructive feedback is welcome. 

It's impossible to show everyones different way of play. This is only a rough guideline for a orientation.This is my view of fm, so if you are seeing it different, that's completely fine.  Maybe some mechanics changed in fm21 which I haven't tested yet, I will update the guide if necessary.

I created a short video version. It's not as detailed as the thread but it gives you a short overview:

General:

There are differences between unloaded Nations, view-ony, playable and playable with full details. In a Nation, you can select some leagues playable, view-only, or unloaded. The effect is roughly the same as for a whole Nation:

unloaded Nation 

• No schedule, games are fully simulated in background
  • No visible league table
  • No full squads (only if you load them via the advanced db)
  • No staff (After the first sacking of the real manager, there will be in most cases no new head-coach and other staff members)
  • Low transfer-activity
  • Games will be simulated with the quick Match-Engine
  • Less injuries

Nation view only

• League-schedule
  • League table
  • No full squads (only if you load them via the advanced db)
  • No staff (After the first sacking of the real manager, there will be in most cases no new head-coach and other staff members)
  • Low to medium transfer-activity
  • Games will be simulated with the quick Match-Engine
  • Less injuries

Nation playable

• League-schedule
  • League table
  • Full Squads
  • Existing Staff
  • Realistic transfer-activity
  • Some games will be simulated with the Full Match Engine.
  • increase of injuries

Nation playable + full detail

• League-schedule
  • League table
  • Full Squads
  • Existing Staff
  • Realistic transfer-activity
  • Games will be fully simulated
  • More injuries than only playable

What is the benefit of simulating Leagues in full detail?

You will get more realistic stats and results. The player development takes more calculations into account.  If you simulate other Leagues and Nations with full detail you will get a stronger AI, especially when you play against them.

What slows the game processing speed down the most:

• Setting leagues to simulate in full detail uses multicore pretty heavy. 
  •  A lot of leagues playable 
  • custom data in general slows down performance. There are big differences what kind of custom data is used. As orientation you can go by file size. Larger files need more processing time. LLM-files for example are quite heavy.
  • Incredible amount of players loaded also affects performance. Down to my experience, if you don't load 200k+ players, this effect is not that big compared to the others
  • All custom graphics loaded do not have any influence at game speed at all. As far as I know it has some influence in terms of RAM usage

Extra Tip:

As a human manager you have some "benefits" over the AI. You can be much better in transfers because you don't "feel" pressure or concerns which teams have IRL. I think that's a reason why the AI is not that aggressive vs a human player fighting against a specific talent. It looks like a weak programmed AI, for me it is just insane programming-skills by SI-devs.  WIth that in mind, you might not just buy a  wonderkid for 20 million while managing a team that would never do that IRL, even if it would be possible. This gave me a much more immersive game-experience.

Most important Nations to load according to my database for a balanced world (1 highest, 4 lowest)

I usually set number 1 and 2 as playable, 3 view-only and number 4 I don't load at all. This guarantees you a balance between Continents aswell

Reveal hidden contents

1. Most Important (Worldwide Balance)

Egypt
Algeria
Argentinia
Australia
Brazil
China
DR Kongo
Germany
England
France
Iran
Italy
Japan
Qatar
Marokko
Mexiko
Portugal
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Spain
South Africa
South Korea
Tunisia
USA
UAE

2. Important (Worldwide Balance)

Angola
Aserbaidschan
Bahrain
Belgium
Benin
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Chile
Costa Rica
Denmark
Ecuador
El Salvador
Ivory Coast
Finnland
Ghana
Greece
Guinea
Honduras
Irak
Israel
Jamaica
Cameroon
Kasachstan
Columbia
Croatia
Libya
Mali
Nee Zealand
Holland
Nigeria
Norway
Austria
Paraguay
Peru
Poland
Republic of  Congo
Romania
Zambia
Scotland
Schweden
Switzerland
Senegal
Serbia
Slowakia
Slowenia
Syria
Thailand
Czechia
Turkey
Uganda
Ukraine
Hungary
Uruguay

Usbekistan

3. Important (Worldwide Balance)

Albania
Equatorial Guinea
Armenia
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegowina
Botswana
Estland
Gabun
Gambia
Georgien
Guatemala
Haiti
India
Indonesia
Irland
Island
Jordania
Canada
Cap Verde
Kenia
Cuba
Quwait
Lettland
Libanon
Litauen
Luxemburg
Malawi
Malaysia
Montenegro
Mosambik
Nordirland
North Corea
North Mazedonien
Panama
Ruanda
Zimbabwe
Singapur
Sudan
Togo
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkmenistan
Venezuela
Vietnam
Wales
Belarus

Cyprus

4. Less Important

Afghanistan
American Samoa
Andorra
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Aruba
Äthiopien
Bahamas
Bangladesch
Barbados
Belize
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bonaire
British Virgin Islands
Brunei
Burundi
Cayman Inseln
Cook Islands
Curaçao
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominikanische Republik
Eritrea
Eswatini
Färoerinseln
Fidschi
Franz Guyana
Gibraltar
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guam
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Hong Kong
Jemen
Kambodscha
Kirgisien
Kiribati
Komoren
Kosovo
Laos
Lesotho
Liberia
Liechtenstein
Macao
Madagaskar
Malediven
Malta
Martinique
Mauretanien
Mauritius
Mayotte
Micronesia
Moldawien
Mongolei
Montserrat
Myanmar
Namibia
Nepal
Neukaledonien
Nicaragua
Niger
Nördliche Marianen
Oman
Osttimor
Pakistan
Palästina
Papua New Guinea
Philippines
Puerto Rico
Réunion
Saint Barthélemy
Saint Martin (France)
Salomonen
Samoa
San Marino
Sansibar
São Tomé and Príncipe
Seychellen
Sierra Leone
Sint Maarten (Netherlands)
Somalia
Sri Lanka
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Pierre and Miquelon
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Südsudan
Suriname
Tadschikistan
Tahiti
Taiwan (Chinese Taipei)
Tansania
Tonga
Tschad
Turks and Caicos Islands
Tuvalu
US Virgin Islands
Vanuatu
Wallis and Futuna
Zentralafrikanische Republik

My recommended setup for a longterm or just a balanced savegame:

recommendedsetupbyDaveincid.fmf 21.6 kB · 1,516 downloads

1988813418_setuppart1.thumb.jpg.11fa8ca5a829c0e0596390d0bdd4b408.jpg718122717_setuppart2.thumb.jpg.f9e82282abc3729575b32e31a981830c.jpg1348562037_setuppart3.thumb.jpg.57d0e8811dd99563eafe8b9e7925a47c.jpg

detail level

I recommend to set all national teams simulated in full detail as well as the european competition if you play in Europe. You can change this to every other continent if you play there. Also the top 20 leagues. I would set at least the top division and the cup as simulated in full detail.

1200084714_detaillevel2.thumb.jpg.476e71d1d2ab94ed1c4e3ee99aac8b98.jpg

These are some examples of setups that I think people use most. It's not that easy to create a compact overview. I hope it's not too much info:)

- Loading top 5 nations and top 2 in South America playable and top 20 as view only with a small/medium/big db: 

This is the lowest setup I recommend

- Loading top 5 nations and top 2 in South America playable and top 20 as view only with players loaded from the top 20 nations with the advanced-db option: 

You will have a higher player count, and these players from the top 20 will be newly generated in the future. This leads to a more balanced gameworld. It will give you a decent db for low to mid-range systems.

- Loading top 5 nations and top 2 in South America playable and all others as view only with players loaded from all nations with the advanced-db option:

It gives you a big db an a overview of players around the world. IMO it feels much better than the setup above, because there is a wider variety of players from different nations. The loss of processing speed is little but maybe already too much for low-end systems.

- Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others leagues view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with small/medium/big db:

This is the start of a balanced world for longer saves. It depends how many playable leagues your system can run at a decent speed. For some it's 15 nations for some 30.

- Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with the advanced db-option for all players from first divison and national reputation

This setup Is IMO the general sweetspot for a realistic longterm-save. Mid-range processor recommended.

- Loading all nations playable, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with players loaded from all nations with the advanced-db option (ca 194k players):

This setup guarantees you a balanced game world and high transfer activity around the globe. Leagues which aren't available with the vanilla version will have problems in being competitive in the long run. As soon as you are setting games to simulated in full detail, I recommend a modern 8-core 16-threaded processor

- Loading all nations playable, all games simulated in full detail:

Without a monster CPU or plenty of time, I do not recommend this setup. Processing-speed is very long and the gain of realism doesn't really weights up the time of processing compared to the setup above. But if your CPU can handle it, it really does make a lot of fun!

- Loading all nations playable, all games simulated in full detail with all players in the db(ca 500k players):

This setup will give you all players in the db. So there will be a player from 6th. division in sweden without seeing the league being active in the game. This slows down your system pretty much in relation to what you are getting for. I do not recomend this setup.

If you want to improve realism with a special skin, take a look here:

If you don't know if your PC/Laptop is low/mid/high-end you can check the following thread:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/539412-fm21-performance-benchmarking-thread/

To discuss about realism in FM21 @Junkhead has created this wonderful thread. Sharing ideas, your own and all other stuff that can be linked in this area.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/539688-fm21-realism-thread/

I have created a megapack to increase the realism of Football Manager 2021, you can find it here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/545609-fm21-increase-realism-megapack-by-daveincid

There is a great megapack from @davie77 which makes all Nations playable ingame. I worked close together with him and tested his files, so I know about the high quality-standard.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/550750-fm21-around-the-globe-megapack-by-dave-46-completed

I also recommend the data-updates from @pr0

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539013-fm21-transfers-data-update-packs-by-pr0-fmtu/

I finally found my way on social media, feel free to take a look in here to get more informations about my projects for Football Manager 2021

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/546553-daveincids-info-channels-for-the-increase-realism-megapack-and-more/

Cheers

Daveincid

Hello

I would like to ask, is there a similar list of important save leagues for fm22, or will this one wori for fm22 too? And another question,  there are leagues in the picture that are not playable in the game, as I understand it, you will also need to download a megapack with a large number of game leagues?

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Xӕxxon_dziglo:

Hello

I would like to ask, is there a similar list of important save leagues for fm22, or will this one wori for fm22 too? And another question,  there are leagues in the picture that are not playable in the game, as I understand it, you will also need to download a megapack with a large number of game leagues?

I'm currently working on the Guide for FM22. It's a big project, so it takes time. 

The downloadable files are all made for the the default game, so there aren't any custom leagues needed. Some of the recommended setups require custom league files.

Cheers

Daveincid

On 18/11/2021 at 02:45, myfunnygame said:

image.png.58eabe03d24ead70bf07de19de126242.png

hello I read the whole thread from cover to cover :)
What is sweetpot?
What is IRL?

Now I would like to boast, I play the following equipment:
i5 8600K 3,6 (default -> 4.0 (actual) -> 5.0 (max I can)
32 GB RAM
SSD 18 free GB for saves, and all saves go to HDD if i have no space on SSD again
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
win 10

I play in all leagues and use all players from all continents plus full level of detail of all competitions (xD)
On the first day I spent about 90 days with periods to load the game for the AI community and test being the manager of the national team and the club and giving up the national team and other elements of the game. (so this time should be longer)

What do you think: 90 days in 1 real day is good? I want to play 30 seasons, in the first window the transfer market is closed so that the game speeds up faster: D additionally I turned off conferences in the middle of the season - I handed them over to the assistant
The following IRL days are approximately 40 INGAME days. This is because I spend about 6-7 hours away from work.

The worst thing is that I can hire a scut 5/5 xd playing in Northern Ireland lvl 3, so it should be normal xD
Saturdays and Sundays are the most loaded when it comes to the transition to the next day, often over 5-10 minutes waiting for the results to be processed, this way, I have time to read a book, study or turn on the movie on YT (although at the same time processing is taking place, so better to do on the phone)

The attached graphic shows what my assumptions are to play 30 full seasons until the next edition of FM (31 days to play every day)
I plan to start one more save, but with a better team because I have been doing this save on average since the middle of the season, I don't know what's wrong.
An additional advantage of a career in this league is that in the season we have 20 league games plus a few cup games (especially when we are weak), not 40+ as in most of the top leagues.
I plan to play in this location because in FM22 you can count on the youth ratio variables depending on the results in the cups, I want to make a power out of a weak league and the national team

What do you think about it?

This is madness.

I love it

Hi, after reading the whole thread I am still confused about something.
1. What affects the number of regens? Will "playable" generate more regens than "unloaded" and "view only"?
2. If I don't use a custom database to load more players, how will "view only" and "unloaded" behave in the transfer market? Will they buy or loan my players?
3. I have only loaded the top leagues of 5 countries (GER, ITA, ENG, ESP, FRA) and I am managing a Serie A team. Should I set the other 4 countries to full detail?

I am using your Increase Realism Megapack and am thoroughly enjoying it. Thank you so much for your work!

vor 1 Minute schrieb Wonder of U:

Hi, after reading the whole thread I am still confused about something.
1. What affects the number of regens? Will "playable" generate more regens than "unloaded" and "view only"?
2. If I don't use a custom database to load more players, how will "view only" and "unloaded" behave in the transfer market? Will they buy or loan my players?
3. I have only loaded the top leagues of 5 countries (GER, ITA, ENG, ESP, FRA) and I am managing a Serie A team. Should I set the other 4 countries to full detail?

I am using your Increase Realism Megapack and am thoroughly enjoying it. Thank you so much for your work!

1. As a general rule: Everywhere you loaded players at the start of the game, ther will be newgens generated

2. They will buy or loan players if they have real players at the start of your game otherwise they won't .Their focus will mainly be domestic players (unfortunately). 

3.Yes

You're welcome :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm about to set up my first journeyman save which means I want to load more leagues than usually (used to always have 11 leagues from 8 nations + big database).

I want to play as 6 managers on this save (5 attached to the original clubs + 1 journeyman). What do you think at below set up?

19 nations

29 leagues

Database size: I'm not sure which one would be the best? Big would have 77k players, medium 74k, and small 71k

My laptop is HP Pavilion 15 with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U and 8 GB RAM

vor 1 Minute schrieb gggfunk:

Hi,

I'm about to set up my first journeyman save which means I want to load more leagues than usually (used to always have 11 leagues from 8 nations + big database).

I want to play as 6 managers on this save (5 attached to the original clubs + 1 journeyman). What do you think at below set up?

19 nations

29 leagues

Database size: I'm not sure which one would be the best? Big would have 77k players, medium 74k, and small 71k

My laptop is HP Pavilion 15 with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U and 8 GB RAM

- Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with the advanced db-option for all players from first divison and national reputation

This setup Is IMO the general sweetspot for a realistic longterm-save. Mid-range processor recommended.

Thanks! what database it would be the best to use? Is there any bigger difference between big, medium and small when you have 20 nations?
Also, can AMD Ryzen 7 4700U be described as Mid-range processor?

Gerade eben schrieb gggfunk:

Thanks! what database it would be the best to use? Is there any bigger difference between big, medium and small when you have 20 nations?
Also, can AMD Ryzen 7 4700U be described as Mid-range processor?

It's written in my answer:

advanced db-option for all players from first divison and national reputation

I would consider a 4700U as a mid-range processor

Hey. Great Content in here, amazing stuff! 

could you possibly recommend which set up to work with for my laptop specs please for a long term save?

Intel® Core™ i5-8300-h 2.3ghz quad core

RAM: 16 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Thankyou :)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Tomafu:

Hey. Great Content in here, amazing stuff! 

could you possibly recommend which set up to work with for my laptop specs please for a long term save?

Intel® Core™ i5-8300-h 2.3ghz quad core

RAM: 16 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Thankyou :)

The guide and the links provided should help you already enough to set-up a save game. I do answer some questions from time to time but this is more the exception as the rule. :)

Cheers
Daveincid

14 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

The guide and the links provided should help you already enough to set-up a save game. I do answer some questions from time to time but this is more the exception as the rule. :)

Cheers
Daveincid

Thanks, yeh I’ve read through every page now, I think it’s because I don’t really know where my laptop sits in the bad-ok-good table lol. Probably should of just asked -  Would the below be suitable for what I have? Or the 5 top euro and 2 South American? Thanks again :)

oading top 20 nations playable, all the others view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with the advanced db-option for all playersfrom first divison and national reputation

1 hour ago, Tomafu said:

Thanks, yeh I’ve read through every page now, I think it’s because I don’t really know where my laptop sits in the bad-ok-good table lol. 

Go have a look at the performance benchmark thread and find a CPU that's similar to yours, you should be able to get an extimate of how it's going to perform

7 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Go have a look at the performance benchmark thread and find a CPU that's similar to yours, you should be able to get an extimate of how it's going to perform

Yeh I found a version of my laptop in there, thanks.

i can’t quite figure out what it suggests though lol, but it answers if it would stand the test of 20 leagues etc. 

thanks for the help. 

• 4 weeks later...
vor 25 Minuten schrieb анонимный:

Hi @Daveincid, are you *able to link your .fmf file for the ideal database setup for FM22? 

I've tried the file you linked in your original post, but it gives me a message saying the file cannot be imported whenever I try.

I haven't created it yet I'm sorry

• 3 weeks later...

@Daveincid

Considering that Russian teams are banned from UEFA competitions  and that some leagues in Europe don't allow to sign Russian players, (and not to mention the EU and US economic boycott of the Russian economy) is it even worth having Russia set up as "playble" when setting up a new save?

Edited by hdsnviefbvs

vor 14 Minuten schrieb hdsnviefbvs:

@Daveincid

Considering that Russian teams are banned from UEFA competitions  and that some leagues in Europe don't allow to sign Russian players, (and not to mention the EU and US economic boycott of the Russian economy) is it even worth having Russia set up as "playble" when setting up a new save?

yes

In the case of realism, I noticed something important too:

I played a longterm save in FM18 for 90+ seasons. After reviewing the finalists of the Champions League and Europa League, I found out that only teams from playable leagues plus the 16 biggest teams from elsewhere were able to reach and/or win the finals of those continental cups. All other teams were not reaching the finals. Not even once. The only exception is when they still have their original manager, but as soon as they stop signing a manager, they are not able to reach the finals anymore.

The nations I loaded: The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.
The 16 big teams from the other nations: Arsenal, Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool, Spurs, Inter, Juventus, Milan, Napoli, Barça, Atlético, Real, Sevilla, PSG and Benfica 

Even if you have your ideal gamesetup in terms of your favorite leagues and clubs and your wished amount of players; in the end the game is messed up. You have to accept that teams from unselected leagues will never grow to world beaters with a CL or EL in their honors list, or you'll have to accept that you need a bigger league setup if you do want this to happen. Otherwise it is SELECTED + BIG REP without exceptions.

2 Strange things I noticed: Porto did sign a new manager once but never again. And Inter did sign new managers for decades, but finally they stopped and never did again.

More info:

I haven't checked my FM20 savegame yet, to see if this still happens (as I am not that far in the future at the moment) but if this is still happening in FM22, I think it is a problem for long term saves. I found out that the "life of clubs" is very organic. Teams from Austria won European titles, even when I was not managing there and Germany produced lots of world beating clubs. The longer I was playing this savegame, the better it got. When I started only a handfull of Eastern European clubs had reach the group phase of the Champions League. A few decades in, each year between 40 and 50% of the teams in the group phase came from nations like Hungary and Romania. That added to the realism and made me feel connected to the created FM world. It also felt very natural and realistic. But, finding out that teams like Marseille, Monaco, Lyon, Sporting, Everton and Galatasaray, etcetera could never reach the finals also killed a bit of the fun. As I had The Netherlands as playable league, I have no idea what Ajax would do, if The Netherlands were not playable. It is hard to imagaine though, if a top 10 club (by Elo rating, and/or worldwide reputation) was not beaing able to get some glory.

If someone could check if this is problem still exists, it could be a useful addition to your opening post considering what teams to load, if someone is not able to run so many leagues.

@Daveincid

It's stated that it's not recommended to load more than 200 000 players (which sounds very correct and decent).

However, when I set up a new save and click on all the leagues I prefer, I get an approximately player count of 172 000 (this is stated on the screen where I can enter the adveced DB before starting new save).
However, when I start the new save and add a manager, and then go to the screen "Add/Remove leages" just to check, it states that the approximately player count is 236 000 which is totaly different from what was stated before I generated the save.

So regarding the recomended 200 000 limit, should I look at the approximately count befoe the save is made (the screen where you can enter the adveced DB) and don't worry about anyting else afterwards?
Or shold I take in consideration of the player count stated in the "Add/Remove leages" screen after the save is generated?

vor 1 Minute schrieb hdsnviefbvs:

It's stated that it's not recommended to load more than 200 000 players (which sounds very correct and decent).

Simply ignore that ;)

vor 1 Minute schrieb hdsnviefbvs:

So regarding the recomended 200 000 limit, should I look at the approximately count befoe the save is made (the screen where you can enter the adveced DB) and don't worry about anyting else afterwards?

See answer above

The difference is most likely due to additional players added to teams, which didn't have enough in their squad/datsbase

Cheers

Daveincid