I've recently relapsed after 19 years of not playing... so have catching up to do.

Playing my first pre-season game, first vs second eleven.  Cannot seem to progress to second half?  Buttons top right (eg "Dressing Room (Watford)") simply prompt a pop up with the same text but don't go anywhere.  Not sure whether this is a bug or my own incompetence...

Okay we believe there's an issue with inductions which may be causing this which we're investigating. In the meantime It may be worth clicking the large question mark (found just to the left of 'FM' on the in-game screens) and mark all the Match Inductions as complete.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks. 

Have done as advised - selected the Experienced profile which sets all inductions to "Complete".  However this doesn't affect my current lack of navigation.  Certain buttons, specifically DRESSING ROOM as above, but also MATCH from the HOME screen, merely prompt small popup windows containing the same text, but nothing else.

Just now, BigMatt said:

Have done as advised - selected the Experienced profile which sets all inductions to "Complete".  However this doesn't affect my current lack of navigation.  Certain buttons, specifically DRESSING ROOM as above, but also MATCH from the HOME screen, merely prompt small popup windows containing the same text, but nothing else.

Actually a few of the inductions DON'T reset, presumably because I'm mid-match (Match Induction) 

11 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

When you say 'crash out' you mean it actually crashes/closes or produces an error message, or you mean you can no longer interact with buttons and continue? 

Because I couldn't get past half-time, I couldn't get out of the game without forcibly closing down, so the latter.

When I went back in (same game from previous auto-save) and selected the Experienced profile, most of the inductions were cancelled but not all (as @Captain Cabinets reports above).  However I no longer have the "unable to get past half time" issue, so as you suggested it seems to have been something to do with the inductions that caused the problem.

thanks guys, sorry you're experiencing this.

We are investigating, though it might be helpful if we know what happened when this started - mainly wondering:
- did an induction trigger?
- had you completed many inductions?
- Does this happen over and over (as in if you quit the game and go back in does it still happen?)

If you have a save before where this happens & it happens every time, please upload to us & we will examine it to see what happens (please include what you do to trigger it, even if it's as simple as "play half the match and try to get into the dressing room")

Cheers for your patience while we investigate

I had turned on all the inductions.  I haven't played FM before, last experience was ChampMan in around 2002 so needed reminding.  I had completed maybe 4 or 5 of them.  

However no induction triggered at the point of the freeze.  I just couldn't progress... couldn't access Dressing Room, couldn't access Match from Home screen.

When I reloaded from previous save (which was before any fixtures had taken place) and set to "experienced" cancelling most of the inductions I was able to progress fine.