[FM] 21 - Circle in the tactics screen next to the players role

GOODNAME

So in FM 21 SI removed this, and i saw some skins that can added them back

Im using "Dark Polish skin" and its amazing, but the circle part in the tactic screen is missing

Anyone can tell me maybe what's is the code that added the circle in the tactic screen and where to put it?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

it'll prob the tactics icon info overview.xml in the tactics folder - just move it over. 

I tried it but the dark polish skin has pictures of the players in the tactics, when i replaced the file, the pictures are gone and circle works.

Thats why i asking if anyone knows the code of the circle in tactics that i can add it to the "tactics icon info panel overview.xml" file

35 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I tried it but the dark polish skin has pictures of the players in the tactics, when i replaced the file, the pictures are gone and circle works.

Thats why i asking if anyone knows the code of the circle in tactics that i can add it to the "tactics icon info panel overview.xml" file

It'll be at hte bottom of that file.. 

<container>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<!--pos/role/duty indicator-->
        <widget class="position_role_duty_suitability_pie" id="prdF" width="25" height="25">
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="5"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="25"/>
        </widget>
    </container>

Evening lads,

I'm currently using the Dark Polish skin and have added the green circles, but could someone guide me into how i can change them to this style?

I like the circles in the Vincechup skin better, could anyone help me with what needs changing please as I've compared to the two panel edit files and cant see anything different, yet they're different lol

Cheers

tactic_circles.jpg

On 17/11/2020 at 16:25, Sir Jake said:

Evening lads,

I'm currently using the Dark Polish skin and have added the green circles, but could someone guide me into how i can change them to this style?

I like the circles in the Vincechup skin better, could anyone help me with what needs changing please as I've compared to the two panel edit files and cant see anything different, yet they're different lol

Cheers

The 'wheels' are probably in the graphics folder of the skin, you might need to copy those.

On 14/11/2020 at 16:58, wkdsoul said:

It'll be at hte bottom of that file.. 

<container>
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<!--pos/role/duty indicator-->
        <widget class="position_role_duty_suitability_pie" id="prdF" width="25" height="25">
        </widget>
    </container>

Thanks for providing this code. Great help in bringing the role suitability icons back.

Would you be able to advise if there any simple solutions to move the role suitability icon further left or smaller?

Unfortunately, the icon seems to cover any role which has three letters in it, i.e. BWM or BPD.

Thanks.

Example.jpg

9 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Thanks for providing this code. Great help in bringing the role suitability icons back.

Would you be able to advise if there any simple solutions to move the role suitability icon further left or smaller?

Unfortunately, the icon seems to cover any role which has three letters in it, i.e. BWM or BPD.

Thanks.

Example.jpg

paly with inset humbers to mvoe it about. 

8 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

paly with inset humbers to mvoe it about. 

Legend! I settled on:

"<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="bottom" inset="27"/>"

On 26/11/2020 at 00:07, McClane29 said:

Thanks.

Example.jpg

where did you get the solids? I cant seem to find them in at all. Can you share it?? Thanks.

Edited by hekaton266

I have these added to my skin (kojuro v2) on the main tactics screen and they work fine but they do not display on the tactics/pitch screen whilst in a match... Does anyone know which file that needs to be edited for that?

Furthermore, is it possible for the aforementioned in-game tactics / pitch screen to be set to be expanded by default? I always need to toggle it everytime I load the game.

4 hours ago, Sir Jake said:

downloaded the vincechup skin from sortitoutsi website, then copied the icons folder from the graphics folder inside of that skin folder.

created graphics folder in the skin i was using, paste the icons folder into that

Rather than broken role ratings, its solid again after deleting the role rating folder. Thanks for the assist.

On 27/11/2020 at 10:39, hekaton266 said:

where did you get the solids? I cant seem to find them in at all. Can you share it?? Thanks.

I just used the following panels file (attached) in a copy of the Base skin and added the code posted by @wkdsoul above.

The only issue I've noticed is that when you change a players' role in their position (i.e. BPD to CD) the coloured icon does not change instantly. If you click away from the tactics screen and then return, it will then succesfully refresh the icon and it will change colour to reflect role suitability. The only exception seems to be if you move a player from DEF-MID-FWD, where the role suitability does refresh instantly.

Find this a little annoying as the role suitability icon always refreshed straight away in FM20. Any suggestions to how this can be resolved?

Thanks.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml

5 hours ago, McClane29 said:

I just used the following panels file (attached) in a copy of the Base skin and added the code posted by @wkdsoul above.

The only issue I've noticed is that when you change a players' role in their position (i.e. BPD to CD) the coloured icon does not change instantly. If you click away from the tactics screen and then return, it will then succesfully refresh the icon and it will change colour to reflect role suitability. The only exception seems to be if you move a player from DEF-MID-FWD, where the role suitability does refresh instantly.

Find this a little annoying as the role suitability icon always refreshed straight away in FM20. Any suggestions to how this can be resolved?

Thanks.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml 6.88 kB · 1 download

Thanks mate, and solved

On 28/11/2020 at 18:31, McClane29 said:

Thanks.

tactics icon info panel overview.xml 6.88 kB · 8 downloads

Hey, did you find a solution to the role suitability refreshed straight away ?

You do all know that the old style Role Suitability Rating wasn't actually all that useful - all it did was tell you what their strongest role was in their strongest position, it gives you zero information as to whether one player is better than another nor was their any context as to why certain roles got certain ratings, and unlike with Position ratings there is no need to play players in their 'natural' role as their is no penalty for playing them in a lower rated role (outside of the fact that their average key attributes are lower for that role) so it's better to put players in a role that suits your tactic rather than picking a role they have a 'natural' rating for,

Now the new Role Rating Stars are worth adding to the tactics screen, however it isn't possible at the moment as the id for them is broken (shows their best role rating, instead of the selected role rating).

(If anything it would be more useful to add the Position Rating back to the tactics screen ahead of trying to get the Role Suitability rating back).

59 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You do all know that the old style Role Suitability Rating wasn't actually all that useful - all it did was tell you what their strongest role was in their strongest position, it gives you zero information as to whether one player is better than another nor was their any context as to why certain roles got certain ratings, and unlike with Position ratings there is no need to play players in their 'natural' role as their is no penalty for playing them in a lower rated role (outside of the fact that their average key attributes are lower for that role) so it's better to put players in a role that suits your tactic rather than picking a role they have a 'natural' rating for,

Now the new Role Rating Stars are worth adding to the tactics screen, however it isn't possible at the moment as the id for them is broken (shows their best role rating, instead of the selected role rating).

(If anything it would be more useful to add the Position Rating back to the tactics screen ahead of trying to get the Role Suitability rating back).

You cant say it wasnt all that usefull, maybe for you it didnt play a big role if u ever watched it, but for me it was VERY IMPORTANT, I was often doing my tactic based on the role suitability and combining all the possible tweaks for my team. Because sometimes the slighest margins which were showed in role suitability were the difference between a bad team and a very good team. 

And watching some of the forums threads all over the internet, I can say many people are missing the old system and they did find a lot of success with green circle rating for the player.

• 1 month later...

I am also having an issue where the role suitability icons are not refreshing straight away on the tactics screen when changing a players role. Anyone have the appropriate code? Pretty sure last year when the option was standard it refreshed straight away.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, a31632 said:

You have to add:

<boolean id="should_force_refresh" value="true"/>

at the top of the panel and it will work, no issues

I've placed the line of code at the top of the panel and in various other places in the config to try make the icon refresh, but to no avail.

Just noticed that this line of code is already in the config near the top. My config file starts like this:

<panel use_hit_mask="true" navigation_focus_target="true">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<flags id="appearance" value="boxes/custom/tactics kit/paper"/>

Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

I've placed the line of code at the top of the panel and in various other places in the config to try make the icon refresh, but to no avail.

Just noticed that this line of code is already in the config near the top. My config file starts like this:

<panel use_hit_mask="true" navigation_focus_target="true">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

<flags id="appearance" value="boxes/custom/tactics kit/paper"/>

Any ideas?

Make sure you make the changes in the "icon info" panel where the player faces and/or kits are coded in, not the regular panel.

With me the code of the panel looks exactly the same, so that is not the issue.

10 minutes ago, a31632 said:

Make sure you make the changes in the "icon info" panel where the player faces and/or kits are coded in, not the regular panel.

With me the code of the panel looks exactly the same, so that is not the issue.

By "icon info" panel are you talking about a seperate panel to the 'tactics icon info panel overview'?

I only have that one panel.

10 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

By "icon info" panel are you talking about a seperate panel to the 'tactics icon info panel overview'?

I only have that one panel.

If your tactics screen is pointing to that file as the file that holds the graphics on the pitch, that should be the one.

I had the same issue with this, added this line to have the contents of the screen refreshed immediately and worked, so if it doesn't with you something else is "wrong" in your coding.

See my little video:

14 minutes ago, a31632 said:

If your tactics screen is pointing to that file as the file that holds the graphics on the pitch, that should be the one.

I had the same issue with this, added this line to have the contents of the screen refreshed immediately and worked, so if it doesn't with you something else is "wrong" in your coding.

See my little video:

Appreciate your efforts with the video, but I think you've misunderstood the issue.

Swaping players or moving their position on the tactics pitch has always instantly refreshed. The issue is when a player is not moved, but their role is simply changed.

For instance, if you change Calvert-Lewin's role from complete forward (CF) to a role he is less suitable to like false nine (F9), does the indicator change to reflect the inferior role?

Edited by McClane29

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...