Problem With the Heart Icon

For example

If Both my Central Defenders are showing a red heart icon during a match, in previous FM's if both showed red their % might be for example 45% the other 50%.  I could then Sub the 45% player as the other one still had a little bit left in the tank. Under the current system with hearts (excuse me if i have missed something)  it is a guess which one to substitute.

On the big plus side, in my humble opinion this FM is probably even in BETA one of the best if not the best (Been playing since FM2009)

I think that's the point that they've brought it in, you don't really know the exact % of how fit someone is in real life. I'd just like to know the boundaries of when someone goes from bright green to the next one down, etc to give a rough idea of how seriously knackered they are.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, blitzcreed said:

I really do hope that SI go back to the previous health/condition indicators.

The colour scheme is a little off in my opinion and looks like a kids game. I would much rather have the percentages back.

I'd like to think that most people would agree 

SI have said that the change was to replicate real life where a manager does not know to the nearest 1% how tired the player is- I would suspect that there is no chance that it will be changed back at this stage of the cycle.  I also suggest that along with may of the changes made from game to game, once you get used to it, it wont feel unreal.

On 14/11/2020 at 03:24, Toonsufferer said:

For example

If Both my Central Defenders are showing a red heart icon during a match, in previous FM's if both showed red their % might be for example 45% the other 50%.  I could then Sub the 45% player as the other one still had a little bit left in the tank. Under the current system with hearts (excuse me if i have missed something)  it is a guess which one to substitute.

On the big plus side, in my humble opinion this FM is probably even in BETA one of the best if not the best (Been playing since FM2009)

That's the whole point of hearts ?  Players in real life don't run around with a % on their heads tell you how fatigued they are ? Just like in real life its a bit of guess work and a bit of observation . You have to work out where and who you want to sub off 

2 minutes ago, alian62 said:

That's the whole point of hearts ?  Players in real life don't run around with a % on their heads tell you how fatigued they are ? Just like in real life its a bit of guess work and a bit of observation . You have to work out where and who you want to sub off 

but they do on FIFA!

I do really like new hearts but I suspect in the background they work in the same way as previous editions. Hope SI change the way they work in the future so that player condition is better reflected with heart icons.

Edited by CM

As a tip, you also get indication of knackered players by observing their graphical animations in the match. Seeing as this is a manager simulation I am behind SI's decision to remove them. It is unrealistic to know exactly to the percentage how fit your players are.