Hi, sorry to hear about this issue. So when it crashes, it doesn't produce any crash dumps either? Are you using any custom files e.g logo packs. If you are, does the error persist if you remove all the custom files? 

Also, FM20 is crashing in the same way. This never happened before I downloaded the beta. I therefore don't think there is an issue with my drivers as my laptop never had any problems running FM20, so why isn't it launching either? Is this something I should contact Steam about?

Have you tried uninstalling the graphics card as instructed by FrazT and Neil? We would suggest you to manually download and update the graphics card driver instead of using the automatic update software.

Could you post an up to date dxdiag file now that you've updated the graphics card?

The fact that it's also happening on 20 means it isn't a FM21 specific issue, so we need to try and figure out the issue with your hardware.

No, what I meant when I said I'd tried manually installing new graphics drivers was that it I cannot seem to update them that way either, displaying the error message "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Does this mean I need to get a new laptop?

Whoever it was checked my DxDiag, are you certain that the issue is with my graphics drivers? Because if so I could get a new graphics card in the sales this weekend, but I wouldn’t want to buy one and the problem turned out to be something else