[FM 21] Arsenal - Still Waiting For Arteta's Tiki Taka!

VP.

1 saat önce, hickmanrocks said:

@dido53 

How are you getting the likes the Neves, Maddison, Calvert Lewin and Grealish in the 1st season?

That's like £100 mil to £200 mil worth of talent. Are you selling players, paying in structured fees, etc?

actually ım surprised as well board gave 139 mıllıon euros ı sold el neny and xhaka total 60 chambers 14 and fees willian 11 and fees.signed grealish for 40 maddison for 50 calvert levin 14 ndidi30 and neves 30and fees.Everton always around relegatıon zone easy to get dcl,grealish was a surprise to me they accepted leicester was also awful both players wanted to leave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a brief update, will do a longer one in a little while. 

We have conducted a lot of summer business and turned a profit. Our first eleven when all fit now consists of:

Screenshot_20210617-160013.thumb.png.8798a3b2508ee18a6d266896643b2d77.png

Leno left the club in a huge deal on deadline day to Bayern Munich for £71m. His replacement was between Woj, Dean Henderson or Gulacsi from Leipzig. The romantic in me could not turn down the chance to resign Woj - even on £10m p/a wages! £10m upfront with another £10m due after 50 appearances. We've upgraded and have about £50m left in the balance profit. 

Bellerin left for AS Monaco, after his agent demanded a £5m pay off from his current contract. Pepe left for Ajax as he was in his last year and Partey was in the same contractual position and left for PSG. 

Hale End boys Nketiah and Maitland-Niles also left the club. With Saka, Willock, Smith-Rowe and Nelson still at the club in rotational roles. Willock now being more of a left sided inverted winger these days. 

Martinelli has made the starting striker position his own, despite competition from Werner and Vlahovic, and has impressed in the opening games.

ı need advice on how to play ın 433.ıts my third season ı won two championships 1 euro 1 champıons league but ı want to change to 433.this year ı cant create much chances and ı dont wanna use gegenpress 4231 ın all teams as tactics.

ı searched some tactics here they reccomend to use advanced playmaker to make more support from cm's 

and mallen is great advanced striker pace speed fınıshıng but ım tryıng to lınk hım with other players

image.thumb.png.5c48dbc9a962cfe23350e5435d0cd875.png

I've always found 4-3-3 a really tough nut to crack tactially. I would usually got for something like an anchorman, box-to-box midfielder for more conservative sides and like your above - halfback, advanced playmaker (attack) and mezzala (support).

You could try a focus play down the middle, coupled with a look for underlap? This should boost the mentality of the central midfielders. Maybe try a winger on one side (or have one side as a winger or have instructions on the IW with stay wider as the instruction. 

Could you be struggling with a bad match of players and PPMs? Does Grealish have a likes ball played into feet trait? Neves would not be breaking the lines either? Could it be worth trying the below

Neves as DLP in the DM strata, Ndidi as a box-to-box or ballwinner. Grealish stays as Mezzala. I've always interpreted the Mezzala on attack as a goal scoring central midfielder (think Ramsey) and support as a more creative player (Grealish, picking up the ball, dribbling, then laying off the pass). 

I would try the striker in a support role - as a general rule of thumb - if a player is up front alone, I've always gone for a support duty unless there is a number 10 behind him. 

My tactical set-up is fairly simple and seems to be working quite well.

image.png.9092c6e459a1372b49778f199de4d922.png

As mentioned before, Martinelli has started very well so far. He is only behind Martial in the scoring charts. (who is ridiculous on FM21 this year!) 

image.png.ef7fdc1ff9aabbb272d33ff3b4cdd4be.png

Furthermore, Olmo has hit the ground running and having a world-class number 10 makes a massive difference:

image.png.2cee47f37deb858609f979dadb2d4d72.png

A bit more detail on the transfers below. We are in for a huge fee for Leno, alonside very good fees for Munoz and Gortler (both bought for under £1m). Bellerin had run his course at the club and we were overstocked at right wing, hence the Pepe exit.

Player Out To Fee
Bernd Leno FC Bayern £38M (£73M)
Thomas Partey PSG £32.5M
Aihen Muñoz Wolves £31.5M
Héctor Bellerín Monaco £30M
Eddie Nketiah Bayer Leverkusen £22.5M (£29M)
Nicolas Pépé Ajax £20M
Lukas Görtler Fenerbahçe £12.25M
Ainsley Maitland-Niles Valencia £12.25M
Asier Villalibre Krasnodar £10.75M
Matt O'Riley Hamburg £9M
Anthony Caci KV Mechelen £3.7M
Runnarson Norwich £5m
Joao Pedro Everton £16.5m (£27.5m)

The marquee signings here being Olmo and Szczesny who I hope transform the team back into title contenders. Declan Rice was an excellent deal from the relegated West Ham. Cuisance is likely to be a player I hold onto for a season or two then sell for a big profit. André Anderson should provide good depth at number 10. A number of regens and young players also joined. 

Players In From Fee
Dani Olmo RB Leipzig £49M (£59M)
Declan Rice West Ham £19.75M (£23.5M)
Wojciech Szczęsny Juventus £11.5M (£25M)
Mickaël Cuisance FC Bayern £4.8M (£7.75M)
Sami Tlemcani Chelsea £1.1M
Malik Mothersille Chelsea £1.1M
Gédéon Mouandza Mapata* Augsburg £1.1M
Andrés Domínguez* América de Cali £925K
Kai Ludvigsen Free Transfer Free
Nigel Lonwijk Free Transfer Free
Tyreece Briscoe Free Transfer Free
Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge Free Transfer Free
Rafael Garcia Free Transfer Free
Teo Pozo Valencia Mestalla Free
André Anderson Lazio Free
Alejandro Balde Barcelona B Free
Philipp Wydra Köln Free
Juan Bri Castellón Free
Ignacio Maestro Puch* Atl. Tucumán Free

The table looks very competitive at this early stage. Manchester City are now performing to expectations with Luis Enrique at the helm. Manchester United are still ridiculous, and score goals for fun! You will also be very please to see Tottenham nowhere near the top! 

image.png

Edited by Swills417

1 saat önce, Swills417 said:

I've always found 4-3-3 a really tough nut to crack tactially. I would usually got for something like an anchorman, box-to-box midfielder for more conservative sides and like your above - halfback, advanced playmaker (attack) and mezzala (support).

You could try a focus play down the middle, coupled with a look for underlap? This should boost the mentality of the central midfielders. Maybe try a winger on one side (or have one side as a winger or have instructions on the IW with stay wider as the instruction. 

Could you be struggling with a bad match of players and PPMs? Does Grealish have a likes ball played into feet trait? Neves would not be breaking the lines either? Could it be worth trying the below

Neves as DLP in the DM strata, Ndidi as a box-to-box or ballwinner. Grealish stays as Mezzala. I've always interpreted the Mezzala on attack as a goal scoring central midfielder (think Ramsey) and support as a more creative player (Grealish, picking up the ball, dribbling, then laying off the pass). 

I would try the striker in a support role - as a general rule of thumb - if a player is up front alone, I've always gone for a support duty unless there is a number 10 behind him. 

My tactical set-up is fairly simple and seems to be working quite well.

image.png.9092c6e459a1372b49778f199de4d922.png

As mentioned before, Martinelli has started very well so far. He is only behind Martial in the scoring charts. (who is ridiculous on FM21 this year!) 

image.png.ef7fdc1ff9aabbb272d33ff3b4cdd4be.png

Furthermore, Olmo has hit the ground running and having a world-class number 10 makes a massive difference:

image.png.2cee47f37deb858609f979dadb2d4d72.png

A bit more detail on the transfers below. We are in for a huge fee for Leno, alonside very good fees for Munoz and Gortler (both bought for under £1m). Bellerin had run his course at the club and we were overstocked at right wing, hence the Pepe exit.

Player Out To Fee
Bernd Leno FC Bayern £38M (£73M)
Thomas Partey PSG £32.5M
Aihen Muñoz Wolves £31.5M
Héctor Bellerín Monaco £30M
Eddie Nketiah Bayer Leverkusen £22.5M (£29M)
Nicolas Pépé Ajax £20M
Lukas Görtler Fenerbahçe £12.25M
Ainsley Maitland-Niles Valencia £12.25M
Asier Villalibre Krasnodar £10.75M
Matt O'Riley Hamburg £9M
Anthony Caci KV Mechelen £3.7M
Runnarson Norwich £5m
Joao Pedro Everton £16.5m (£27.5m)

The marquee signings here being Olmo and Szczesny who I hope transform the team back into title contenders. Declan Rice was an excellent deal from the relegated West Ham. Cuisance is likely to be a player I hold onto for a season or two then sell for a big profit. André Anderson should provide good depth at number 10. A number of regens and young players also joined. 

Players In From Fee
Dani Olmo RB Leipzig £49M (£59M)
Declan Rice West Ham £19.75M (£23.5M)
Wojciech Szczęsny Juventus £11.5M (£25M)
Mickaël Cuisance FC Bayern £4.8M (£7.75M)
Sami Tlemcani Chelsea £1.1M
Malik Mothersille Chelsea £1.1M
Gédéon Mouandza Mapata* Augsburg £1.1M
Andrés Domínguez* América de Cali £925K
Kai Ludvigsen Free Transfer Free
Nigel Lonwijk Free Transfer Free
Tyreece Briscoe Free Transfer Free
Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge Free Transfer Free
Rafael Garcia Free Transfer Free
Teo Pozo Valencia Mestalla Free
André Anderson Lazio Free
Alejandro Balde Barcelona B Free
Philipp Wydra Köln Free
Juan Bri Castellón Free
Ignacio Maestro Puch* Atl. Tucumán Free

The table looks very competitive at this early stage. Manchester City are now performing to expectations with Luis Enrique at the helm. Manchester United are still ridiculous, and score goals for fun! You will also be very please to see Tottenham nowhere near the top! 

image.png

thanks a lot mate wıll try these :)

Has anyone contemplated selling Saka? I've just had an offer from HSC Berlin for about £71m.

Not sure if that's acceptable considering I would use that to replace him with either Sancho or Kuvlevski from Juventus and both would cost well over £100m

Edited by Swills417

On 22/06/2021 at 09:38, Swills417 said:

Has anyone contemplated selling Saka? I've just had an offer from HSC Berlin for about £71m.

Not sure if that's acceptable considering I would use that to replace him with either Sancho or Kuvlevski from Juventus and both would cost well over £100m

Yeah, if I'm not using him as much as I like and the offer's good enough. Of course, I'll personally sell anyone for the right offer. It just sometimes has to be over 100m to be right.

On 22/06/2021 at 10:38, Swills417 said:

In Summer 2026, Saka has won the World Cup Golden Ball (England lost the final to Brazil…on penalties; Saka and Smith Rowe in the team) and I’ve been getting routine news items that Real Madrid are plotting a £110M move. I’m not touting him, but if the offer came in, I’d have to consider.

Fortunately, Hale End has provided me with one Rory Seymour, who is also left footed, natural left winger but also capable of cutting in from the right as a IF or IW. So, don’t really have the conundrum of how to replace Saka if he does go.

Plays in every game except the final (Peter Bosz was the manager).

448772694_ScreenShot2021-06-24at2_46_21PM.thumb.png.e2a6b62f3b46dbbe569b569019c71625.png

1816583870_ScreenShot2021-06-24at2_46_45PM.thumb.png.a06f2d0cc44c63706bfc5159ce0bf3c6.png

Edited by Harper

2 hours ago, _mxrky said:

Anyone got a pic of saka’s attributes on their save. Hes’s barely improved after 4 seasons on nine. Don’t understand it at all

May 2021

Spoiler

1936550362_ScreenShot2021-06-24at3_00_31PM.thumb.png.ff206e2a80a61aff2ace87ff6d4a0e12.png

July 2026

Spoiler

1480468991_ScreenShot2021-06-24at2_57_15PM.thumb.png.faec9d44d66325daa56753593c1db16f.png

Edited by Harper

On 22.06.2021 at 17:38, Swills417 said:

I am finishing my 6th season with arsenal and january transfer window psg bid 95 for saka ı didnt wanna sell him so asked 195 and they acccepted ı let hım go.İt is very good money to be honest ı played hım nearly all games attributes gone up but ın goals and assists he was not unsellable.Only two season he was very good in assist 

image.thumb.png.b6248a90c0e9ec476e3b259c977dd3da.png

On 27/06/2021 at 13:16, dido53 said:

I am finishing my 6th season with arsenal and january transfer window psg bid 95 for saka ı didnt wanna sell him so asked 195 and they acccepted ı let hım go.İt is very good money to be honest ı played hım nearly all games attributes gone up but ın goals and assists he was not unsellable.Only two season he was very good in assist 

image.thumb.png.b6248a90c0e9ec476e3b259c977dd3da.png

For whatever reason, I never seem to get 9 figure bids for my players. I get news items that say Real/Barça/PSG are rumored to be making a >100M bid for any number of players, but they never come in with anything close to it.

57 dakika önce, Harper said:

For whatever reason, I never seem to get 9 figure bids for my players. I get news items that say Real/Barça/PSG are rumored to be making a >100M bid for any number of players, but they never come in with anything close to it.

same here its the first time ı get a bid like this and by the time ı am writing you this psg came for bellingham a bid for 112 ı wıll negotiate for 180 :)and they bid 192 for bellıngham too and accepted waow

Edited by dido53

I think it depends on a couple of factors. I've found the biggest boost to values usually occurs if after you win the champions league but before the massive reputation boost kicks in. Therefore, the big clubs with the budgets for £100m+ players have a higher rep and your players pop up onto their radar.

I remember seeing something on this forum a few years back that suggests the larger the database of players the fewer offers you get for your players? Something to do with the algorithm that determines player value based upon supply? Not sure if this was ever proven though.

I find offering players out in December gets Chinese clubs interested and as soon as you have your next season's budget message in your inbox, offer players out. Again, I'm not sure if this is correct but I think all the club's get the assigned budget on the same in-game date? 

Hope to get a bit more done of my save soon. Into my 4th season, with the aim of doing 5.

I've tried to keep a track of the club's finances and see how much we've grown. I started doing it quarterly in game but that became far too tedious. I think the "balance" for my finances has gone up 300% or something ridiculous like that. 

I do have quite a few good regens at the club now who are probably about 1-2 seasons from being starters. That might increase the longevity of the save. Might keep bugging the owners for a new stadium even though the Emirates is only about 18 or 19 years old in game :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a season finished on my new save and not a bad season overall. Found it difficult to sell players so a few loans with options to buy which I'm really hoping are taken up, Aour was only bought after I asked the board to sign him and they agreed!

Have also just agreed a fee of £20.5m for John Stones after Man City listed at the end of the season. Would like to move on one of Laca or Auba now but again it'll probably prove very hard though both had great seasons.

paGKsd2.png

8dZQ5yf.jpg

Usual starting line up

K4vsfbN.png

2 minutes ago, Swills417 said:

@VP. How did Rice do as a CAR for you? I've got him in my save for quite a cut price deal and he's displaced Weigl as the starting DLP. 

What sort of numbers did Saka put up for you? 

I'll post up a couple of pics when home later, should also add that the deal was £73m but £48m of that was spread over 3 seasons in case people are wondering where I got the money from!

Spurs got relegated in the first season for me :lol:

Harry Kane still there and ripping it up in the Championship:

1157058301_HarryKane-Championship.thumb.png.d436301ae5784768c3b5a59d98b8d708.png

If only I wasn't Arsenal then maybe I could buy some of their players!

----

Finished 4th first season and won the Europa League. Now only 4 games in but have won all 4.

First season I signed:

• Yunus Musah for £20m
  • Luiz Felipe for £25m
  • Ilias Akhomach for £5.5m
  • Alvyn Sanches for £650k

This season I've splashed the cash and brought in:

• Yusuf Demir for £31.5m
  • Ismael Bennacer for £45.5m
  • John Stones for £22.5m
  • Luke Thomas for £29m
  • Sergio Romero for £675k
  • then the big one....brought in Haaland for £117m

Squad is looking like this - wondering what I should aim to improve?

2080644191_SquadPart1.png.c6a26a97b2db9b129700602bbbbc9c86.png

1696982861_SquadPart2.png.dbc78cd810af7535ebda19e8d11516f2.png

12 hours ago, Swills417 said:

@Duckelfsc perhaps try bring in a long term replacement for Leno? I find eventually Bayern Munich always come in for Leno and are usually willing to pay quite a lot! 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Is Onana good enough for that or not? 

Just a little update of the financials of the Leno deal. Making big money on him, although that average rating at Bayern is quite something!

1049468008_leno1.PNG.7aa5c3f994a2feb8d71d4b38be40432b.PNG

impressive.thumb.PNG.6863274ed9be9b5cbd099fb9a4b5dc91.PNG

I also made a big January purchase of my own in this window. :eek: He is also on £14m p/a. 

lulusevski.PNG.6f8bdef1627216631bf285fc318a704e.PNG

2kulul.PNG

9 hours ago, Swills417 said:

Just a little update of the financials of the Leno deal. Making big money on him, although that average rating at Bayern is quite something!

1049468008_leno1.PNG.7aa5c3f994a2feb8d71d4b38be40432b.PNG

impressive.thumb.PNG.6863274ed9be9b5cbd099fb9a4b5dc91.PNG

I also made a big January purchase of my own in this window. :eek: He is also on £14m p/a. 

lulusevski.PNG.6f8bdef1627216631bf285fc318a704e.PNG

2kulul.PNG

Kulusevski looks brilliant in this years game but seems strange to me as I don't really rate him in real life. Where are you going to play him?

Love that you got £71m for Leno hahaha. That's excellent value.

I'm plan on using him as an inverted winger on the right. He has started reasonably brightly so far with a goal or assist in his first few games.

I've had to bin off David Neres though as I was overstocked in that position. Joe Willock is the latest Hale end casualty. He was sent to Porto for £20m as he was never getting ahead of Kessie. I fancy Patino to fulfil a role in central midfield at somepoint next season. 

I aim to pay for the Kulusevski transfer by selling Memphis Depay to one of the elite clubs in Europe. This should give Nelsen or Martinelli the chance to finally have a season as the starting LW. 

Martinelli has blown hot and cold. Has double figures in the league by February but only has a low 7.00 rating. Werner tears it up in Europe but is rubbish in the league against the farmers in the bottom half of the table. 

I started a save as arsenal, I went unemployed till a big job became available. But I'm at the end of Jan, lost my first 4 games only 1 goal scored, can't bring in players as no wages, can't sell anyone as squad too thin. Playing 4 1 2 3 but what ever I try I can't seem to get anything going

Approaching the end of the 2024 season, it's going to be a close one. Looks like a 2 horse race, but City and Liverpool will both have their say in deciding what part of London the trophy will go to. We have just limped to a quarter final defeat to Barcelona in the ECL. 

image.png.6eabd45cecf0c2d310cdb1058dc7c174.png

Been playing a bit with a new update, so we have White, Sambi and Tavares plus no European Football

332675758_Arsenal_TransferHistory.png.341e4f3b69059c4532252c2629e795a9.png

The big summer signing was Martinez who has been a great signing, mainly due to Aubameyang picking up loads of niggly injuries. Barkley came in for 6 months as cover for ESR as there were no number tens available.

In January Ramsey came in on loan to replace Elneny. Partey and Xhaka have been my main midfield duo. Trippier came in to replace Chambers. My plan is to shift Cedric and replace with a younger guy. Yazici came in to replace Barkley, but his form has been so good that he's currently my main 10

1240570022_Arsenal_Competitions.png.2918467844705655dc8a34f41be79165.png

We've been fantastic, unbeaten in the league. However United have had an almost 100% record, losing only one game which was to us at Old Trafford. We have United now, which will be key for the title race.

803906152_Arsenal_Players-2.png.bdf929c1929679d9070f5a10656ce322.png527320536_Arsenal_Players.png.da963032e2370303500f7c6089ffc5cc.png

Saka broke his ankle in January so Nelson returned from Hertha on loan to cover. ESR has been our POTS so far, has been excellent both at CAM and on the left.

386058830_Arsenal_Overview.png.abe0e6022a5f3f4f81f41f182fe2f202.png

My current strongest eleven and the side that will play v United

2023/24 Season - Summary

#1900914409_PremiCarabou.PNG.66ace0ab61217c37dca32801c1097a0a.PNG

We won a domestic double, confidently taking the title back from Manchester United to win our 3rd league in 4 seasons. We ended up winning with Chelsea as our main competitor, with both Manchester clubs making up the rest of the top 4. Ole managing to keep united in the top four after winning the league last season, and a resurgent Manchester City led my Luis Enrique. Everton were the suprise package of the season, narrowly missing out on the promised land. Graham Potter and Brighton had another stellar season, who have now replaced Leicester as the best of the rest (who were also relagated). 

prem.PNG.5c773ae89f65b492be0693f39b347e28.PNG

I won't go into too much detail about player performances as a number of the starting eleven do not start at the club at the start of the game. But I do have to mention that Dani Olmo is an absolute monster. He was the star in a quite talented side. 

982501380_lINEUP2024.PNG.b64d3d3dab9a4c2c133c80aa10eca1ca.PNG

I will do a short write up of the Hale-end players and how they have developed in game in another post. 

PLAYER AWARDS 2024.PNG

Also started again myself once we signed Lokenga, will be my last save as quite enjoying it.

zEpJCjH.png

qrTtyaY.png

7UMD5hX.png

7ykJa1g.png

rkTKeAF.png

Also had my own promising striker come through, made his debut aged 15 and scored 61 goals for the u23's last season :D

Touted as the next Stan Mortensen

iA84Ugx.png

So my first season ended limply and we finished 3rd with no trophy. I decided to be aggressive in the market

116526963_Arsenal_TransferHistory-3.png.3f4b0c57caadef299f1d4972cd3137ed.png

1418541789_Arsenal_TransferHistory-2.png.8d0214d99d719510b7ce4bfd46fc4ad7.png

In came Bastoni, Locatelli, Dodo and Maddison to improve the starting eleven. Ramsdale came in to really challenge Leno. Abraham came in as Martinez picked up a 2 month injury in January. Abraham was bad. Maddison also broke his leg in Jan and ESR had an injury hit season after an incredible first one, so the #10 position was the most problematic.

Saka had a few knocks too. Martinelli and Aubameyang were fantastic down the left hand side.

We started the season terribly, lost to Chelsea at home 1-0, drew 0-0 at Southampton and 0-0 with City. We then got an undeserved 2-1 win at Anfield which kicked off our season.

And what a season

1440648788_PremierLeague_Stages.png.d3322151c035ea11c1dfdf7172304a1c.png

United led the way for so much of the season before they completely **** the bed.

951253963_LiverpoolvArsenal_Review.png.500821ed4b654054d97e7cebca206376.png

We robbed Liverpool again

131776160_ArsenalvParisSaint-Germain_Review.png.d8085dec93d5904f30f9bd64496271e3.png

We had to play all of ET with 8.5 men as Aubameyang pulled his groin. We were dominant until then as PSG sat deep. 

So yeah, treble winners. Transfer wise Gabriel lost his place and demanded a new deal so he's off as Valencia bid £70m for him.

Sambi Lokonga wants a new deal of £160k a week and won't budge so he'll be sold too. I can get Ruben Neves for £30m or go all in on Moriba for £78m

I have just started my second season and I have a situation that I need advice with.

Here is my team

Gk. Leno

RB. Trippier

Lb. Tierney 

CB. Stones

CB. White

Cm. Rice

Cm. Torreira/partey 

Lw.  Aubameyang

Am. Grealish

Rw.  Saka/pepe 

Cf. Haaland 

I signed haaland at the start of the summer window 2nd season. Part of his contract was a promise to sign a defender. It was locked in so couldnt get rid. On the same day he signed I signed Stones so thought that would do. Now I am coming to the end of the summer window at start of season 2 but his promise hasnt been fulfilled. 

I am happy with my squad and dont feel we need another defender but should I sign one anyway to keep haaland happy or risk upsetting him?  I dont want him to want to leave after just signing. I have transfer kitty money to buy a defender we just dont need one really

Not been able to play much recently but currently working from home for a couple of days which means I can. Just passed the halfway mark in season 4, title looks out of the question this season already due to Man Utd being currently unbeatable ffs. Progressed through our CL group in first place above Barcelona to be rewarded with Juventus in the next round...

No big name signings this season as I instead decided to bring in some future prospects, tried for ages to sign Harry Kane though as Tottenham have dropped a lot. Must be hardcoded in that he won't join Arsenal as he never shows any interest to join whatsoever. Have been thinking of Leno's replacement too, last season I promoted Okonkwo but he never improved despite playing a number of cup and CL games. This season I've dropped him back down and given James Hillson a go who has been slowly improving.

I also decided to sell Martinez, he was top scorer for the two seasons he was here but I wasn't happy with his overall performance. Martinelli has been great though so not really missing him.

mNI7l9r.png

DK13LCz.png

guIeU0g.png

Zola joins next season, Dwomoh and Francekovic have gone back to their respected clubs on loan for the remainder of the season.

SZevlf2.png

YGiL6Et.png

rn0jXjS.png

EDT9PHH.png

KZCslze.png

gaWHaRj.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just signed the following Arsneal legends as staff 😎

Loving it!

Marc Overmars - dof

Coaches

Thierry Henry

Robin van Persie

Dennis Bergkamp 

Jensen Lehman u23

Freddie Lungberg u18

Unfortunately Kolo Toure, Koscielny's and Cesc Fabregas failed to get work permits because they didn't have a high enough coaching qualification

• 2 weeks later...

I normally dislike managing arsenal since it's too easy for me knowing the squad inside and out as a die hard arsenal fan since i got into football in 2010... but I suppose I'll show off my expertise and do an arsenal save

Tactics:

1770700317_Arsenal433.png.e0b77a25bcf6f2c2087515988bd5b7ce.png1003351453_Arsenal352.png.a0934d82cd25318c257bff1c13461f6b.png

4-3-3:

Obviously with Odegaard and ESR at the club I have to fit them both in and i feel this tactic does that perfectly by having ESR control the play and telling Martin to do whatever he wants because it'll work. Thomas Partey will normally be sitting in behind them but this will be rotated a lot as they'll have to the job of two-three men in this position and Martinelli and Saka both encouraged to cut inside from the wings with whoever plays up front being a pressing forward to pressure opposition CBs as in the words of a certain german manager "there is no better playmaker than a good counter press". This tactic will be used the majority of the time unless results go badly or injuries curse me

3-5-2:

3-5-2, 5-3-2, Kathmandu, call it whatever you want but I've used this previously to devasting affect as a counter attacking system.

Lineups

Squad.png.ec8fa1b1bcf2adf23e8935fe60a98450.png

Areas for improvement = Backup CBs, Backup DM, Backup to ESR, Backup to Martinelli, First choice striker 

7692893_Arsenalsquad352.png.95165f7bbd14bfc356fbaeac18b86095.png

More happy with the squad in a 3-5-2 shape

Ugh... Sometimes this game hates me I swear Ugh.png.50c185b97bbfd01908f792b73689f10c.png 

In other news

chambers.png.a69c85da3d6a8ace3b0312fcc4a24d56.png

That takes my budget up to 39.25m

Kola.png.22d155316ac880eb924bdf579557ea60.png

Budget now 45.34m

Got one signing through the door please welcome to The Arsenal, Marcos Senesi from FeyenoordSenesi.png.840047e8905542cae981eab2a42f68aa.png

Stats.png.d00c4f9903a543e2302fafa70fbaa399.png

Doing what Edu and Arteta should have

Bisto.png.c6a4d54a11a463ef8be5adedd851f018.png

Well I'll be back with an update once I've played a few games

• 4 weeks later...

My latest save with arsenal.I thought Arsenal is good team with potentıal and also good academy  so my last save before new game :)

first season ı won the league and euro league

second season ı won the league and champıons league.

first two season ı played 4231(ı normally use 433 because dm covers places and better defensive shape)

ın my third season ı bought mılan skrınıar so ı have good defenders ı wanted to play 3 at the back,so ı tried my inter 352 with minor tweaks.ı changed one cm to dm with no wing backs ı use defensive wingers only and ıt was goıng good ı was anxıous to see ıt agaınst bıg teams and ıt worked well also :)

if ı play hakan çalhanoğlu ı use hım as advanced playmaker otherwise b2b for cm's

Lautaro martinez is sensational ı sıgned hım this year and he rocks the league.

Arsenal is really fun challenge this is my second arsenal save and ıts nıce to play with them,also two seasons ı became champıon but united and city was always on my neck but unlıke real lıfe we made no mıstake :)

image.thumb.png.50964911574b841805af1c8a51f901c0.png

image.thumb.png.6d33b288606ce505e6e57c7fd627b82b.png

image.thumb.png.a814d25b00c8d3c62249280595ae6035.png

image.thumb.png.e1e27a5ebbe9cbf0ca4cae13a36c7538.png

With Beta Day nearly upon us, I'm starting to wonder what this year's Arsenal database has in store. 

On paper it's a pretty good squad, I'm expecting a slight improvement in the abilities of Gabriel, Xhaka, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tavares and ANC.  

Significant improvements for Saka and Smith-Rowe.

Reductions for Laca, Auba, Pepe, Holding, Cedric, Chambers and Leno. 

I think a young striker, Dortmund's  Moukoko maybe, and Max Aarons will be top of my shopping list.  I'll see how our midfielders do, but Partey really hasn't been all that in FMs 20 & 21.

I'll report back once I've had a gander around the Beta tomorrow (all being well at SI)

I think a lot of players might use Tierney as a wide centre back if playing with 3 at the back. 

I think Arsenals first 11 is good. Young and should have potential, Saka, Smith Rowe both leading that. I think buying a striker at the the start of the second second will be top of the list. Laca's contract has only 1 year left and Auba getting older and starting to decline. 

I think finding a partner in the middle of the field next to Partey will be important. Xhaka im not a fan of and Sambi is still very young. 

Still to get a lot of dead wood out of the club to free up wages a priority also. 

It'll certainly be a change of pace for Gooners in FM22. No European matches should make the season fly past, I'm actually looking forward to being able to genuinely focus on upcoming league opposition without having to worry about post-midweek match fatigue and resting players for big knock-out round away matches.  How many times did Man Utd (A) seem to crop up before those crucial Europa/ECL away legs in past editions? 

I'm also fascinated to see how FM manage to make a credible version of our 3rd shirt if they've not updated the kit templates.