[FM 21] Arsenal - Still Waiting For Arteta's Tiki Taka!

VP.

10 hours ago, 1984mattyd said:

i play 4-2-3-1 and i play willock next to partey, best cm pairing tbh

What roles do you use? I went ahead with McTominey and it's working okay, but I do think I should have found another target.

I rotate Willock and Aouar at AMC and both are great. Although I do play Willock and Partey/McTominey at times (DLPs - CMd)

On another note, Nketiah is absolutely broken. Last I checked he had 27 goals in 27(4) games. Hoping someone comes in for Lacazette as I don't see the point in having both

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In May, my team has had to play 11 games. This includes the two legged semi-final for the Europa League, the FA Cup Final and the Europa League Final.

Not played the EL final yet, but both Pepe and Aubameyang have picked up injuries in this period and will miss it.

Is it a bug or a feature?

hace 17 minutos, james_wilko dijo:

In May, my team has had to play 11 games. This includes the two legged semi-final for the Europa League, the FA Cup Final and the Europa League Final.

Not played the EL final yet, but both Pepe and Aubameyang have picked up injuries in this period and will miss it.

Is it a bug or a feature?

There is always fixture congestion if you get to the final in every cup, and this season the schedule is more condensed than usual, so it is probably not a bug.

24 minutes ago, kidd_05_u2 said:

There is always fixture congestion if you get to the final in every cup, and this season the schedule is more condensed than usual, so it is probably not a bug.

I'm a Newcastle fan, so getting to cup finals is something of an anomaly for me.

About to kick off the EL final, Saka, Saliba, Nkeitah, Willock and Smith Rowe all away on international duty... 

Edited by james_wilko

9 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

What roles do you use? I went ahead with McTominey and it's working okay, but I do think I should have found another target.

I rotate Willock and Aouar at AMC and both are great. Although I do play Willock and Partey/McTominey at times (DLPs - CMd)

On another note, Nketiah is absolutely broken. Last I checked he had 27 goals in 27(4) games. Hoping someone comes in for Lacazette as I don't see the point in having both

im trying to shift lacazette at the end of the season but no takers, just signed haaland and got dunnarumma on a free! i use partey as a b2b and willock strangely enough as a BWP defend,  hes not amazing dont get me wrong, but he averages a 7.6 rating over the games, and hey if you want to see a proper pisstake result...this was last game of the season, us v liverpool, whoever wins wins the league and this was the end result..

Arsenal v Liverpool_ Review.png

image.png.e6f425405b5c2dc6a4bcbebb99ce69e7.png

image.thumb.png.edad8d10e516dc83e48b6291d5882577.png

The game feels bizarre, Nketiah is like the second coming of Christ and last years Haaland rolled into one, he rarely starts but when he does he gets a brace, otherwise on at 59/60 mins and averages almost a goal a game ...

I bought Depay to rotate on the left side as Auba ( along with Tierney and Partey) seems Injury prone and he is doing alright.image.thumb.png.6c9897a069896ad5b050ccfaf12713b8.pngimage.thumb.png.14323a1cfb37e679e883e071fd3473af.png

Again though, a tad upset or annoyed at how few youngsters at Arsenal seem or feel like they can move up to the first team. They win loads at youth levels and many move onto other clubs at high levels too. Utd and others seem to have more than two handfuls that go on to be world beaters and we have less than 1.

This feels like a very weird beta right now and basic formations seem very strong right now.

3 minutes ago, Kieran87 said:

image.png.e6f425405b5c2dc6a4bcbebb99ce69e7.png

image.thumb.png.edad8d10e516dc83e48b6291d5882577.png

The game feels bizarre, Nketiah is like the second coming of Christ and last years Haaland rolled into one, he rarely starts but when he does he gets a brace, otherwise on at 59/60 mins and averages almost a goal a game ...

I bought Depay to rotate on the left side as Auba ( along with Tierney and Partey) seems Injury prone and he is doing alright.image.thumb.png.6c9897a069896ad5b050ccfaf12713b8.pngimage.thumb.png.14323a1cfb37e679e883e071fd3473af.png

Again though, a tad upset or annoyed at how few youngsters at Arsenal seem or feel like they can move up to the first team. They win loads at youth levels and many move onto other clubs at high levels too. Utd and others seem to have more than two handfuls that go on to be world beaters and we have less than 1.

This feels like a very weird beta right now and basic formations seem very strong right now.

i agree about the youth, literally all of them can go as far as im concerned, no major stats with any of them, plus with this brexit ruling to makes it harder to snap up younger foreign youth players to.i absolutely hate tierney in this game, injury prone left right and centre, im considering selling him just for that, player selling is so hard, laca is rated at 60mill, got offered 24, its a joke

When you remember this is just a beta save and even if you were to do a long term Arsenal save it'd be after release (there's no way they don't upgrade our youngsters, surely? Or at least Saka)

732422472_Screenshot2020-11-19at10_13_29.thumb.png.e9cf9db502d342d0b48a217151e548c7.png

Time to make some dreams come true. First/Second XI below... (not sure between ElNeny & Guendouzi)

1316878202_Screenshot2020-11-19at10_14_43.png.ec1799f5cc214b485f86b29117115e3b.png

563835301_Screenshot2020-11-19at10_15_49.thumb.png.076cb2f859d086466e47aa24063090c1.png

4th in the league, won the EFL Cup and Europa in season 1. Hoping to challenge for the PL and CL with this squad

Edited by Aizo4576

I'm struggling to sell anyone, end of second season and no interest in Leno or Lacazette and been trying to sell Mari from the start of the game but he rejects every team ffs. 

Finished season 2 2nd in prem, runner up in CL after leading PSG 2-0 and FA Cup semis but did win the League Cup.

Signed Semedo and Odegaard after the first season and have just signed Onana to replace Leno for season 3.

Will possibly continue this when the full game releases as certainly doesn't seem to be anything game breaking in the beta so don't really see the point in starting again.

Nice to see a little variation in the tactics everyone's using this year. I'm tempted to start a save but it never goes well.

I get too invested in every player and care too much about the development of minor youth players like Ben Cotteral or the young Estonian lad we have in goal.

Would love a 4-2-3-1 with a front four of Saka, ESR, Nelsen and Eddie or Martinelli up front. 

33 minutes ago, Swills417 said:

Nice to see a little variation in the tactics everyone's using this year. I'm tempted to start a save but it never goes well.

I get too invested in every player and care too much about the development of minor youth players like Ben Cotteral or the young Estonian lad we have in goal.

Would love a 4-2-3-1 with a front four of Saka, ESR, Nelsen and Eddie or Martinelli up front. 

I'm hoping that when the full game comes out there will be some upgrades to our youth - if so, I'll start a long term youth focused save

il y a 22 minutes, Aizo4576 a dit :

I'm hoping that when the full game comes out there will be some upgrades to our youth - if so, I'll start a long term youth focused save

In the data thread they stated that they wont upgrade Saka because they do think his potential is accurate (which is something I can respect) and they dont see him improve to be a star.

I think that at 18yo Saka should have at least a (spoiler for anyone who dont wanna see PA/CA )

Révélation

negative PA and not a set PA of 160. He only gained 2 pts after a breakout season. He's too young to be sure about his potential...but hey Reiss Nelson got better potential ! :rolleyes: 

It killed a bit of my interest for this save tbh, but at least they took time to explain this.

Saka is clearly underrated because he is a star already, but every other youngster in Arsenal is either fine or overrated, so no need to hold off on youth-focused saves. Martinelli, Saliba, Nelson, Nketiah and ESR have MAD ratings, Niles would be good engouh to start if Arsenal didn't have really good fullbacks ahead of him, and Willock is rated realistically, in my opinion. Saka and maybe Balogun are the only ones who should be better, but that is somewhat compensated by how good they made everyone else. 

You have youngsters like Patino that are being quoted as amazing from every youth manager that faces the team, plus Catalin keeps being called up to first team training amongst others.

The Arsenal youth setup is VERY good in the uk, and many, many head off to Spain, Italy, Ligue 1 and Championship/prem. Many in this side right now would be hard pressed to compete as a full season as a simulation of the under 23's and to be near top half of the table... they win most if not all youth competitions across many age groups.

Saka is an England squad starter and should be rated as such, Balogun and Martinelli should be adapted at least also.

I was more just making a point that many other top half squads in the prem keep a large portion of their youngsters, Arsenal in game will shift 9/10ths inside 18 months

2 hours ago, Kieran87 said:

You have youngsters like Patino that are being quoted as amazing from every youth manager that faces the team, plus Catalin keeps being called up to first team training amongst others.

Bandeira, Flores and Azeez are exciting talents in real life as well. Oyegoke is a very highly rated right back and touted to be one of the most exciting ones in that position that has come through at Arsenal (even more so than Hector (who, to be fair, played on the wing as well)), but he's not exciting at all in game. 

En 19/11/2020 a las 21:18, Sysiphus dijo:

Bandeira, Flores and Azeez are exciting talents in real life as well. Oyegoke is a very highly rated right back and touted to be one of the most exciting ones in that position that has come through at Arsenal (even more so than Hector (who, to be fair, played on the wing as well)), but he's not exciting at all in game. 

If you were to rate youth prospects by those type of comments, every team would have like 10-15 prospects with world class potential every year. Oyegoke may well turn out to be much better than FM 21 thinks, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the researchers. Especially when Arsenal is already full of youth prospects with potential to be great premier league players (including Patino, Flores and Azeez. In my save their potential looks pretty high).

Edited by kidd_05_u2

Having mucked around with the Beta, for the 1st real save I'll be signing Aouar in the first full summer window once I've shifted the mountains of deadwood at the club. Lyon wouldn't go lower than £25m up front (£15m in add-ons) for Aouar, so if you want to pre-empt Arteta's next big signing, you'll need to be nifty with your money.  

From the start I'll buy, Szoboszlai MC, Sidibé DR (who turned out to be a good signing as he's also good at DC) and Milik ST (Laca has good games but against smaller teams for me).

Holding, Saliba and Gabriel were far better than Luiz or Mari.  Sidibe made up the 4 centre backs. Nelson, Luiz, Laca, Saka, AMN, and Tierney have all been very disappointing. Auba turning out to be a super sub up front. His passing is worse this year so his wing-play isn't as effective. 

Might even sign Wilshere on a free, AMC ends up being a problem, though if you sell Papa and Ozil even part-paying their wages can free up £5m in transfer funds by moving the wages allowance down.

It's been mentioned but our squad is usually adjusted for the main release. Leno, Saka and Martinelli are under-rated in game. 

5 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

Having mucked around with the Beta, for the 1st real save I'll be signing Aouar in the first full summer window once I've shifted the mountains of deadwood at the club. Lyon wouldn't go lower than £25m up front (£15m in add-ons) for Aouar, so if you want to pre-empt Arteta's next big signing, you'll need to be nifty with your money.  

From the start I'll buy, Szoboszlai MC, Sidibé DR (who turned out to be a good signing as he's also good at DC) and Milik ST (Laca has good games but against smaller teams for me).

Holding, Saliba and Gabriel were far better than Luiz or Mari.  Sidibe made up the 4 centre backs. Nelson, Luiz, Laca, Saka, AMN, and Tierney have all been very disappointing. Auba turning out to be a super sub up front. His passing is worse this year so his wing-play isn't as effective. 

Might even sign Wilshere on a free, AMC ends up being a problem, though if you sell Papa and Ozil even part-paying their wages can free up £5m in transfer funds by moving the wages allowance down.

It's been mentioned but our squad is usually adjusted for the main release. Leno, Saka and Martinelli are under-rated in game. 

Definitely worth signing wilshere, wont cost you more than 30k a week and a great option to have in the team! i thought luiz was crap and was happy that his contract was up after a year of the game, in the first season i signed milik (seems everyone signs him here) Kehrer from psg, purely to get Papa off the books in an exchange and 2ill, Marcus edwards i signed in the jan window and what a revelation he has been in big games! pepe has suffered two major injuries in 2 seasons now, Haaland for his release clause and donnarumma on a free, gonna use leno to get more cash in the bank. 

7 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Are PSG still paying £425k a week of his wages? :eek:

He left them for a free on mine but I resisted the temptation to sign him.

if you add percentage of next sale 50% so easy to sing in beta. example: start of the game Sancho 33m +next sale 50% 

Finished the first season as Arsenal on the Beta. Had a lot of fun trying to get rid of deadwood, but it was halted when Tonali, Esposito and Aouar were unable to get work permits in summer 2021. Hopefully WP rules won't be enforced so relentlessly in the full game.

For the record, I don't have an issue with foreign player squad limits, or wondering why I can't get a WP for someone from Mongolia... but Tonali has 62 Seria A apperances and 7 caps for Italy.

Won the FAC and EL in the first season and could have pushed for the league (6 points off the winner) if I didn't rotate so much as the games came thick and fast, which makes me think Arsenal are a bit OP. Laca and Nketiah both got over 25 goals (all comps) which is nice but a bit... daft :)

3 minutes ago, gooner-joe-1989 said:

Finished the first season as Arsenal on the Beta. Had a lot of fun trying to get rid of deadwood, but it was halted when Tonali, Esposito and Aouar were unable to get work permits in summer 2021. Hopefully WP rules won't be enforced so relentlessly in the full game.

For the record, I don't have an issue with foreign player squad limits, or wondering why I can't get a WP for someone from Mongolia... but Tonali has 62 Seria A apperances and 7 caps for Italy.

Won the FAC and EL in the first season and could have pushed for the league (6 points off the winner) if I didn't rotate so much as the games came thick and fast, which makes me think Arsenal are a bit OP. Laca and Nketiah both got over 25 goals (all comps) which is nice but a bit... daft :)

Can't remember which player it was (Andre Onana or Ruben Semedo maybe) but was refused a work permit, I still finalised the deal then appealed once he signed and it was accepted.

Anyone sold/replaced Auba yet? I sold him at the end of season 2 to Roma, infact they also signed Lacazette during the same window. Done a fair bit of scouting to find a player with similar attributes and decided on Nice's Amini Gouiri, cost me £43m and or though is slightly better on the left I've been playing him upfront as an AF. 26 goals in 31 apps so far this season (3rd season).

SBZJdoM.png

On 21/11/2020 at 13:11, gooner-joe-1989 said:

Hi, who did you get rid of, how much did you get for them and how did you do it? I'm trying to shift people like Özil, Cédric, Papastathopoulos and Mustafi, but I can't seem to get them out the door. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Arsenal1886 said:

Hi, who did you get rid of, how much did you get for them and how did you do it? I'm trying to shift people like Özil, Cédric, Papastathopoulos and Mustafi, but I can't seem to get them out the door. Thanks. 

i will give you a few what i done

papa to psg in exchange for kehrer and £3.5 mill

david luiz left end of season,

ozil on a free to lazio and i paid half of wages for rest of the season

cedric to brighton 7.25

mustafi to wolves £10mill

My transfers over the three seasons, also managed to loan Cabellos every season and will now sign on a free when his contract finishes. Illan Meslier will sign from Leeds for £21m due to a relegation release clause, tried earlier on in my save but they wanted ridiculous money for him.

5I3DLMU.png

WxREp6v.png

2cUU7mL.png

m5BIV7O.png

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

End of first season and managed to win the league, FA cup and EL. Looking into the players of the relegated teams (e.g. Maddison, Vardy, Justin, Mitchell) as they might be on sale now.

image.png.ec9aaae696864915c5896cdaf514c74a.png 

Highlight of the season was the first leg of EL semifinal win against Real Madrid, They had 0 shots and thus 0 xG.  I hope there will be ME changes for the full version as this is way too easy at the moment.

image.png.ccfd92a1d82656ccf65fc2921bc55cf0.png

I've had to get the editing 'pen' out for my main save.  The youngsters on my save will struggle to get signed for Spurs when they're at the top of their game.  Some Potential Abilities are out of date given performances this season (from after when the data for FM was collated for the initial version).

Don't forget, it's not as simple as CA/PA though. If you're looking to, let's say "Modify" your team, save a version of your new game and have a play around. CA of 150 is about an average EPL player as a guide and I don't think in real life any of our 1st team youngsters have breached that yet, maybe Saka, just.

I won't go into my side's CA/PA that's for you to decide whether you want to know your own squad's or not. Besides every new save is slightly different.  

Edited by Nonlondoner

Just finished my first season, won EPL, Euro Cup, and FA Cup.

EPL: Leicester was relegated, Spurs were in relegation zone for most of the season. Finished the year with 11 games in May - with Liverpool, Man City, Man U, Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs to end the season.

Rodgers and Mourinho fired in December, Rodgers took over Spurs. Klopp and Guardiola fired after the season.

Euro Cup: Beat Spurs 1-0 in Final. 4-0 first leg win over Milan in Semis, followed up with 3-0 loss in second leg. Came back from 1-0 first leg loss to beat Roma in Quarters.

FA Cup: Beat Liverpool 5-1 in Quarter Final

---

Barca, Juvetus, Bayern, PSG won their leagues

Incoming Transfers

Wilshere - Signed on a free - ended up starting 20+ games with a 7.21 avg rating as MEZ(s)

Camavinga - $70 million Jan signing. Replaced Xhaka as DLP(d)

Outgoing Transfers

Papa - $7.5 million (up to $10) to Wolves

Luiz - $2million to Real Sociedad

Mustafi - $7.5 million to Roma

---

No takers for Ozil even for no fee and 200k wages paid.

Xhaka and Kola both asked to leave after Jan window but no decent offers. Barca and Real bid $17.5 million for Kola, but value is $35 so I declined. Hopefully a better bid comes in.

Untitled-2.png.eb15e341d8f8c3b4a554187bc9ddb667.png

Stuck with my 4-3-1-2, Auba finished with 29 goals/12 assists as CF(a), Pepe with 24 as PF(s). Laca added 15 filling in for both, Willian and Nelson had 11 and 7 as T(a).

I usually start a new save after the beta, but going to start next season just to try a 4-4-2 with Tierny/Saka on the left and Bellerin/AMN on the right.

arsenal_0000_Layer-4.png.eeaf714aff38bc7f088d1ee4066a5d36.pngarsenal_0001_Layer-3.png.7e79d63ef0d69b54373251d051b723b6.png

arsenal_0003_Layer-1.png.0bec2052dacc46ef639861ccf9706adf.pngarsenal_0002_Layer-2.png.fae381339b8ed117e7b6f7d499be4230.png

5 minutes ago, DE94 said:

Does anyone have any staff recomendations?

I feel like the staff is a bit underwhelming compared to previous games.

I spent many hours renewing the whole staff, it was quite tedious tbh. You have staff recommendations in FM stories site, I could try exporting my shortlist but I don't know if its possible with staff.

1 hour ago, DE94 said:

Does anyone have any staff recomendations?

I feel like the staff is a bit underwhelming compared to previous games.

I was asking for applicant's through the job center but never get any decent people interested. Best bet is to just search and look through them yourself, new work permit rules don't help either.

1 hour ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

I was asking for applicant's through the job center but never get any decent people interested. Best bet is to just search and look through them yourself, new work permit rules don't help either.

That first transfer window is vital for players and vital to sign all the staff u can before it all changes i find, spent about 30mins getting rid of staff who wasnt good enough to concentrate on signing staff that are and on 5 year deals, so can send them on courses if they dont have the appropriate qualifications to

3 minutes ago, 1984mattyd said:

That first transfer window is vital for players and vital to sign all the staff u can before it all changes i find, spent about 30mins getting rid of staff who wasnt good enough to concentrate on signing staff that are and on 5 year deals, so can send them on courses if they dont have the appropriate qualifications to

Yeah I should have but didn't know about the changes on the beta. Will probably start a new game with the full version, though I did manage 3 seasons with the beta.

Wanna edit a club in the National League South and add most of our U23 players to it and take them up the league's. Though not sure how long this would take and I'm ***** on the editor :D

37 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Yeah I should have but didn't know about the changes on the beta. Will probably start a new game with the full version, though I did manage 3 seasons with the beta.

Wanna edit a club in the National League South and add most of our U23 players to it and take them up the league's. Though not sure how long this would take and I'm ***** on the editor :D

i didnt either but i always knew my beta save was just going to be that, a beta save, did a season and half on mine so i know it a bit better now, just managed to ship ozil out for 7.5 mill and pay half his wages on the full game haha

On 23/11/2020 at 19:44, king_A said:

End of first season and managed to win the league, FA cup and EL. Looking into the players of the relegated teams (e.g. Maddison, Vardy, Justin, Mitchell) as they might be on sale now.

image.png.ec9aaae696864915c5896cdaf514c74a.png 

Highlight of the season was the first leg of EL semifinal win against Real Madrid, They had 0 shots and thus 0 xG.  I hope there will be ME changes for the full version as this is way too easy at the moment.

image.png.ccfd92a1d82656ccf65fc2921bc55cf0.png

What formation you using?