How to change ball colour?

Sorry if I have missed the answer to this somewhere else, but how do you change the ball colour? I am having trouble always spotting the white ball and would like to try a different colour ball to see if it helps. I have gone into the settings and skins, and I think i have changed the colours of the ball and the winter ball. When I go into my next game the ball is still white. I've tried before a couple of games and not sure if there is something else I need to do to make the change happen. When I go back into the skin settings, the ball colour is still the same as I last set it to (red last time, just to try something different), but doesn't change in the match. If I have done it correctly and it may be a bug, I will report next time I play.

I wrote it for someone else here:

Though, I have heard you might need to restart the game after you changed it? Don't know for sure, but that's how it's done anyway.

Edited by XaW

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

I wrote it for someone else here:

Though, I have heard you might need to restart the game after you changed it? Don't know for sure, but that's how it's done anyway.

Hi I appreciate the instant reply, but that is exactly what I have done, its what I tried to explain in my post just not very clearly! - I have set those colours to other colours, then gone into a game and its still a white ball. Go back into the skin settings and the ball colour is red- it hasn't taken effect. Like you say, will see what happens if I restart the game.

Thing is, when you change the setting for the colours of the player attributes on that same page, it does not need a restart to take effect, it has changed the next time you look at a player profile.

7 minutes ago, Valleyg said:

Hi I appreciate the instant reply, but that is exactly what I have done, its what I tried to explain in my post just not very clearly! - I have set those colours to other colours, then gone into a game and its still a white ball. Go back into the skin settings and the ball colour is red- it hasn't taken effect. Like you say, will see what happens if I restart the game.

Thing is, when you change the setting for the colours of the player attributes on that same page, it does not need a restart to take effect, it has changed the next time you look at a player profile.

Yeah, I posted it just in case. If it doesn't stick, then you should report it as a bug in the bugs section. Seems to be working for others.

OK I will try it again later and restart the game to see if that helps....I have changed the ball colour for quite a few years now (well definitely in fm20 anyway, not sure if you could always do this) and never had an issue. I was just wondering if there was anything needed to make the change happen. Thanks for the reply, it confirms I'm looking in the right place.

Edited by Valleyg