FM and apple silicon

On 15/04/2021 at 21:52, Mars_Blackmon said:

Not sure why you need that but whenever I get a chance.

To prove it.

5 years is not really in depth.

Usually get about 30 seasons in before slowdown.

I am really curious to setups. Anytime I ask nobody really responds.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Smurf said:

To prove it.

5 years is not really in depth.

Usually get about 30 seasons in before slowdown.

I am really curious to setups. Anytime I ask nobody really responds.

Wouldn’t a video prove that? Not sure how a screenshot will prove anything unless you are suggesting that I am lying…

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Wouldn’t a video prove that? Not sure how a screenshot will prove anything unless you are suggesting that I am lying…

I just want to see the setup so I can fully understand it.

5 seasons isn't a lot. A few posts in and still no screenshot, why is that?

5 hours ago, Smurf said:

I just want to see the setup so I can fully understand it.

5 seasons isn't a lot. A few posts in and still no screenshot, why is that?

That wasn’t what was asked by the user. I’m also not doing any beta test and don’t spend hours in from of FM. I’ll post when i have the free time to waste. Are you in the market for a Mac? I’m not sure why you are concern about this. There is a benchmark thread that I’m sure someone would be happy to run tests for you.

10 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

That wasn’t what was asked by the user. I’m also not doing any beta test and don’t spend hours in from of FM. I’ll post when i have the free time to waste. Are you in the market for a Mac? I’m not sure why you are concern about this. There is a benchmark thread that I’m sure someone would be happy to run tests for you.

My only concern is getting the right information - you have plenty of time to post here, not sure what the issue is with doing a quick screenshot is?

If someone is going to drop a lot of money on buying a Mac for playing football manager - then the info for them needs to be accurate, how many legaues/divisions/clubs/database size and years before the game starts slowing down. 

That's the whole idea of this thread - how good is Apple Silicone chip for playing FM. 

Anytime I ask anybody a question about this on this particular thread - nobody answers, why is that?

I don't have a Mac for playing games, I have a Mac for doing graphic design work, but it's not the M1 chip. I might in the future be forced to buy the M1 chip when Apple eventually stop serving up Intel based computers, so I will probably in the future, but need the software to be redeveloped and working properly on M1 chips before I can personally make the switch.

It's really no issue to post a screenshot - it's quick and easy.

*edit I don't play on Mac, it's a 4 year old laptop with an i7 7700hq, 8gb RAM and a 1050TI graphics card*

Here's mine, although in FM2012 - it consists of 52 leagues with a large database, and 19 playable leagues. 

I usually get about 40-50 seasons in before getting any slowdown.

image.png.8c5f64b6112333c91ccc2ac610e0feaf.png

I also have only View Only leagues that are not playable:

image.png.c4502d94ba6b27f349f4831ec0bec09f.png

Edited by Smurf

4 hours ago, Smurf said:

Anytime I ask anybody a question about this on this particular thread - nobody answers, why is that?

Most likely because you've ruined this thread with your BS and nobody wants to feed the troll. It's amazing  how fast this thread turned toxic once you started commenting. 

3 minutes ago, rsihn said:

Most likely because you've ruined this thread with your BS and nobody wants to feed the troll. It's amazing  how fast this thread turned toxic once you started commenting. 

That's not true. I have never given any BS.  I speak the truth and offer impartial advice. Whether you like that advice or not is not important. Everything I've said is true. There is nothing toxic about anything I say. 

When I ask for proof, I don't get it. I ran the new laptop thread for over 2 years, and I help run that thread now for the past 1 and half years. I know what I'm talking about.

I'm a graphic designer for 25 years, I know about computers, systems, and how it all works. I'm an Adobe Certified Professional, and a moderator on their forums. 

I have 25 years of experience to help people.

So when I ask for proof, and I don't get the proof - then I have to query the validity of the claims. 

What is wrong with that?

7 minutes ago, rsihn said:

If you have a problem with my posts flag it with a moderator. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Smurf said:

My only concern is getting the right information - you have plenty of time to post here, not sure what the issue is with doing a quick screenshot is?

If someone is going to drop a lot of money on buying a Mac for playing football manager - then the info for them needs to be accurate, how many legaues/divisions/clubs/database size and years before the game starts slowing down. 

That's the whole idea of this thread - how good is Apple Silicone chip for playing FM. 

I don't have a Mac for playing games, I have a Mac for doing graphic design work, but it's not the M1 chip. I might in the future be forced to buy the M1 chip when Apple eventually stop serving up Intel based computers, so I will probably in the future, but need the software to be redeveloped and working properly on M1 chips before I can personally make the switch.

It's really no issue to post a screenshot - it's quick and easy.

*edit I don't play on Mac, it's a 4 year old laptop with an i7 7700hq, 8gb RAM and a 1050TI graphics card*

Here's mine, although in FM2012 - it consists of 52 leagues with a large database, and 19 playable leagues. 

I usually get about 40-50 seasons in before getting any slowdown.

image.png.8c5f64b6112333c91ccc2ac610e0feaf.png

I also have only View Only leagues that are not playable:

image.png.c4502d94ba6b27f349f4831ec0bec09f.png

Im never on this site from a computer it’s always mobile.

You’re pretty much asking me to go out my way to do something that doesn’t benefit me. If you were someone else asking for this then I would be glad to help. Your tone in this thread haven’t really been worth interacting with let alone going out my way to prove something to. I’ve posted countless videos in here in the past and it was like talking to a brick wall.

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Im never on this site from a computer it’s always mobile.

You’re pretty much asking me to go out my way to do something that doesn’t benefit me. If you were someone else asking for this then I would be glad to help. Your tone in this thread haven’t really been worth interacting with let alone going out my way to prove something to. I’ve posted countless videos in here in the past and it was like talking to a brick wall.

My tone is fine. I often find you make outlandish claims and never back them up - that's why I ask. And you never deliver.

If you have a problem with me, you can ignore me - it's a forum function - or you can report me or any of my posts. 

But I will not stand by and watch ill-advisement go by. It's my right to reply on the forum, and I've never flounted the forum rules in this thread. If you don't like it - don't reply.

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

My tone is fine. I often find you make outlandish claims and never back them up - that's why I ask. And you never deliver.

If you have a problem with me, you can ignore me - it's a forum function - or you can report me or any of my posts. 

But I will not stand by and watch ill-advisement go by. It's my right to reply on the forum, and I've never flounted the forum rules in this thread. If you don't like it - don't reply.

What outlandish claim did I make?

ill-advisement? Dude…Who are you the specs police?

I’m obviously not the only one that will have you on ignore in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the MBA M1 and can't wait for it to arrive! Was very doubtful whether I should be getting the MBP instead, but I don't believe I actually need it. Plus, that also saved me some money, so happy days! :lol:

I had been thinking about it for a while, but decided that today was going to be it. Dropped my MBP Retina 2015 last Wednesday and saw that half a centimer of the screen on the left side had turned black. Now it's Sunday and that half a centimer has now turned into a few centimers. Bought a 256 gb USB stick right away when I noticed it. I suspect that in two weeks or so, the entire screen will be "eaten", so to speak. :(

Edited by Xander2000

On 19/12/2020 at 18:00, Neil Brock said:

Okay, we believe this is an issue related to a problem with the how the upscaling should be working on Mac - it's not doing so when the game first launches, so would suggest if you change your resolution in game (either directly or via changing say into windowed) this should then rectify this and work as intended. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Sorry to summon you, was this fixed?

• Administrators
19 hours ago, craiigman said:

Sorry to summon you, was this fixed?

Yes, was addressed in a previous update. If you're still having issues now, would be worth contacting support at help@sega.co.uk. 

Thanks. 

On 04/05/2021 at 06:55, craiigman said:

Does anyone know if the bug where you have to start the game in windowed mode has been fixed?

Haven’t experienced that in a while.

Just bought the  MBA M1 8GB, I tried to run the FM 20 IGE but sadly it doesn't work (I completely forgot that). It's my first time with a Macbook so I'm having some issues with things that in Windows used to be... easier. I can't find the way to make a downloaded DB works, for example.

Anyway, the game is really smooth, I came from an 8GB i5 10th gen and I can really feel the difference. After 3 hours of gaming the MBA is as fresh as the beginning, with my previous i5 the fans were screaming after that amount of time.

If I only could figure out how to put the DB and those things I'm not gonna hesitate and buy the FM21 ( :

PS: If someone knows how to resolve this, please help me! 

Edited by chocanokling

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2021 at 00:36, chocanokling said:

Just bought the  MBA M1 8GB, I tried to run the FM 20 IGE but sadly it doesn't work (I completely forgot that). It's my first time with a Macbook so I'm having some issues with things that in Windows used to be... easier. I can't find the way to make a downloaded DB works, for example.

Anyway, the game is really smooth, I came from an 8GB i5 10th gen and I can really feel the difference. After 3 hours of gaming the MBA is as fresh as the beginning, with my previous i5 the fans were screaming after that amount of time.

If I only could figure out how to put the DB and those things I'm not gonna hesitate and buy the FM21 ( :

PS: If someone knows how to resolve this, please help me! 

FM20 IGE works on M1 MacBook and Customer DB's should be fine as well. Have you managed to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there everyone.

So, I bought a MacBook Air with the new M1 chip a few months ago and recently, whenever I'm playing FM, it sometimes crashes with a purple screen and reboots. After the most recent macOs update, it has become more often.

anyone knows how to solve this?

3 hours ago, carlosdbtorres said:

Hey there everyone.

So, I bought a MacBook Air with the new M1 chip a few months ago and recently, whenever I'm playing FM, it sometimes crashes with a purple screen and reboots. After the most recent macOs update, it has become more often.

anyone knows how to solve this?

Every time this has happened to me has been the fault of Steam rather than FM.  Steam pushes out periodic updates to its servers and it seems to screw up FM until you update Steam.  This also happens with non-M1 Macs but it only crashed the FM app rather than crashing the entire operating system.  I now always close Steam and let it install any updates (to Steam, not FM)  before I start playing FM to get rid of this problem. 

Em 09/06/2021 em 20:35, rsihn disse:

Every time this has happened to me has been the fault of Steam rather than FM.  Steam pushes out periodic updates to its servers and it seems to screw up FM until you update Steam.  This also happens with non-M1 Macs but it only crashed the FM app rather than crashing the entire operating system.  I now always close Steam and let it install any updates (to Steam, not FM)  before I start playing FM to get rid of this problem. 

I actually have it on Epic Games, you reckon it's the same problem or a different one?

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Offish said:

Hey guys,I had a steam update and straight after I realised the gameplay has slowed down and become laggy.

Any tips?

*i have a MacBook Air M1 chip

It’s best to close FM before doing the Steam update and restarting FM after the update is complete. If Steam updated while FM was open, shut it down and reopen.

On 20/07/2021 at 00:27, Offish said:

Hey guys,I had a steam update and straight after I realised the gameplay has slowed down and become laggy.

Any tips?

*i have a MacBook Air M1 chip

Yes, do what Harper told you to do. If you still have any problems, you can follow the steps from this article that I found by some searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be interested to know what skin people are using for the Macbook Air M1?

I seem to be having difficulty finding a skin that fits it's native resolution exactly

Many thanks 

Edited by Connor

4 hours ago, Connor said:

Would be interested to know what skin people are using for the Macbook Air M1?

I seem to be having difficulty finding a skin that fits it's native resolution exactly

Many thanks 

It's an issue definitely, i'm currently using Rensie's skin which scales pretty well.  A few issues here and there like creating mentor groups but if you make the buttons down the left hand side just buttons then its workable 

Hi All

I am looking at getting either the M1 Macbook Pro or Air. I've not decided yet. I've seen videos and bits where they state the difference is minimal so go with the Air. I will be wanting to play Football Manager 21 on the go with it, would both play it well? I'm not one to go over the top with leagues loaded and don't tend to go past 8 major countries and around 20 leagues on large database. I currently use a 2013 iMac which still runs the above fine, but the 3D match engine is a no go. 

Please can anyone who has either let me know what their experience is like? Would I be future proofing thr next 5/6 years of any FM play purchasing the Air or Pro?

The screen size could be an issue for me. If there's anything out there on a 16" screen with more power to play FM better, I'm more than happy to be linked to in order to better make my decision.

I appreciate any advice.

Edited by LiamG1878

1 hour ago, LiamG1878 said:

Hi All

I am looking at getting either the M1 Macbook Pro or Air. I've not decided yet. I've seen videos and bits where they state the difference is minimal so go with the Air. I will be wanting to play Football Manager 21 on the go with it, would both play it well? I'm not one to go over the top with leagues loaded and don't tend to go past 8 major countries and around 20 leagues on large database. I currently use a 2013 iMac which still runs the above fine, but the 3D match engine is a no go. 

Please can anyone who has either let me know what their experience is like? Would I be future proofing thr next 5/6 years of any FM play purchasing the Air or Pro?

The screen size could be an issue for me. If there's anything out there on a 16" screen with more power to play FM better, I'm more than happy to be linked to in order to better make my decision.

I appreciate any advice.

I have the M1 Air and it runs like a dream.  Doesn't get hot, is completely silent and in it's 13" form factor it's completely unrivalled in terms of performance for FM.  It also runs the 3D match engine on high.

It's my first ever Mac and I can't recommend it enough.

You can check out the benchmark results here

2 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I have the M1 Air and it runs like a dream.  Doesn't get hot, is completely silent and in it's 13" form factor it's completely unrivalled in terms of performance for FM.  It also runs the 3D match engine on high.

It's my first ever Mac and I can't recommend it enough.

You can check out the benchmark results here

Thank you for the response.

Did you add any additional memory or storage or go with the out if the box build? I always thought the Pro would be the better purchase due to no fan on the Air. Doesn't sound like it would be the case. Please can you let me know what leagues you have running along with nations, database and what the speed shows?

The Air is all of a sudden becoming the front runner. The screen size when looking at it seems fine and iMac still runs great despite being 8 years old so trust Apple when it comes to years down the oad.

24 minutes ago, LiamG1878 said:

Thank you for the response.

Did you add any additional memory or storage or go with the out if the box build? I always thought the Pro would be the better purchase due to no fan on the Air. Doesn't sound like it would be the case. Please can you let me know what leagues you have running along with nations, database and what the speed shows?

The Air is all of a sudden becoming the front runner. The screen size when looking at it seems fine and iMac still runs great despite being 8 years old so trust Apple when it comes to years down the oad.

I'm using the base model, I read up a fair bit before I made my purchase and its 

I've not pushed it in terms of leagues but if you look at the benchmarks I've linked it beats every other laptop tested bar one (a 2.5kg gaming laptop, so aimed at a different type of buyer with all leagues loaded and a large database of 202,000 players

Ignore the stars for speed its well documented that they aren't that accurate and slow for me may be fast for you etc.  Trust the benchmarks, they are a controlled experiment with the same parameters.

The real question about whether you're happy with the size of the Mac and the operating system itself

2 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

I'm using the base model, I read up a fair bit before I made my purchase and its 

I've not pushed it in terms of leagues but if you look at the benchmarks I've linked it beats every other laptop tested bar one (a 2.5kg gaming laptop, so aimed at a different type of buyer with all leagues loaded and a large database of 202,000 players

Ignore the stars for speed its well documented that they aren't that accurate and slow for me may be fast for you etc.  Trust the benchmarks, they are a controlled experiment with the same parameters.

The real question about whether you're happy with the size of the Mac and the operating system itself

Thank you. I did take a look at the benchmark spreadsheet and I was impressed. It would seem the Air is just as good a purchase as the Pro. Been wanting to replace the iMac with a Macbook for years as I trust Apple. Previously had a HP laptop which was a monster but after about 4 years it couldn't keep up. iMac after 8 years is still producing, I just don't have the time to sit on a desktop playing now. I much prefer a laptop.

The stars are all over the place on my iMac. I didn't realise this was an issue.

The screen size was a problem until I seen one. It isn't a 27" iMac, but not like I can carry that about in the back of the car on a long journey or sit it on my lap.

6 hours ago, LiamG1878 said:

Thank you. I did take a look at the benchmark spreadsheet and I was impressed. It would seem the Air is just as good a purchase as the Pro. Been wanting to replace the iMac with a Macbook for years as I trust Apple. Previously had a HP laptop which was a monster but after about 4 years it couldn't keep up. iMac after 8 years is still producing, I just don't have the time to sit on a desktop playing now. I much prefer a laptop.

The stars are all over the place on my iMac. I didn't realise this was an issue.

The screen size was a problem until I seen one. It isn't a 27" iMac, but not like I can carry that about in the back of the car on a long journey or sit it on my lap.

I forgot to finish my first sentence but I was going to say that 8gb is plenty on Mac M1.  I read somewhere that it is a lot better than 8gb on PC and considering the cost difference I don't think its worth the extra to be fair and the Benchmark results show that it makes no difference for FM and probably only worth considering for heavy video editing or similar

2 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I forgot to finish my first sentence but I was going to say that 8gb is plenty on Mac M1.  I read somewhere that it is a lot better than 8gb on PC and considering the cost difference I don't think its worth the extra to be fair and the Benchmark results show that it makes no difference for FM and probably only worth considering for heavy video editing or similar

Thank you for your help. I'm now a proud owner of M1 Macbook Air. Managed to get it for £837 with work discount from Currys so I am very pleased with the price. Only moved a save over from cloud and played one game. Seemed to run much quicker between days and match day looked great. Gone from 1 star or below to full stars and high. I just need to get used to the screen size as you could fit so much on the screen with iMac. That won't take long. Outside of FM it's a lovely bit of kit. Always thought I needed a Pro when considering the Macbook but very pleased with this forum, your help and videos online comparing the two. Saved me £250.

14 hours ago, LiamG1878 said:

Thank you for your help. I'm now a proud owner of M1 Macbook Air. Managed to get it for £837 with work discount from Currys so I am very pleased with the price. Only moved a save over from cloud and played one game. Seemed to run much quicker between days and match day looked great. Gone from 1 star or below to full stars and high. I just need to get used to the screen size as you could fit so much on the screen with iMac. That won't take long. Outside of FM it's a lovely bit of kit. Always thought I needed a Pro when considering the Macbook but very pleased with this forum, your help and videos online comparing the two. Saved me £250.

No problem at all, the M1 chip is a game changer, I'm still tied in to Windows work-wise but OneDrive and Office integrate seamlessly.

You'll be suprised how quickly you get used to the screen.  That said I often plug mine into a monitor if I know i've got a good few hours for some FM

• 2 months later...
On 27/02/2021 at 16:56, Harper said:

You seem to be fixated on the price point / performance debate. The intent of my post isn't about whether or not the processor can perform well running FM and other programs. It does. I thought we settled that shortly after the release of the game and the M1 chip.

There are a few people that had reported crashes here about a month ago, and I'm trying see if people were still experiencing crashes playing the game.

Is it the game itself,  or a mod, or if there's a third party program in play. A couple skins are mucking around with the match panels to restore some old functionality and information. Could that be causing a crash during matches or is it just correlation?

I haven't been experiencing crashes in the last month or so of playing. Mars indicated his was because of a funky DB. jwa is playing FM20, which, while using the same emulator, wasn't developed with the M1 in mind or a dev kit available for in-house testing, so out of scope, in my opinion. @jessejessterand @Icondacarver?

Yeah, would expect so, but the Windows machines don't have the additional wrinkle of running the third party tool and FM on an emulator. It could still be unique to M1 Macs, right?

Excuse the delay here @Harper. Truth be told I experienced a panoply of crashes, crashdumps, and horror stories but that's also bc I had every custom file, database and other add-on under the sun so who knows how much that had to do w/ the M1. Mostly, I was thrilled w the speed of playing FM on an M1, i was able to play w/ more leagues than ever before and the game just made so much more sense not waiting an hour to advance a day in the year 2055. I recommend FM on Silicon to all.

On 22/10/2021 at 07:32, jessejesster said:

Excuse the delay here @Harper. Truth be told I experienced a panoply of crashes, crashdumps, and horror stories but that's also bc I had every custom file, database and other add-on under the sun so who knows how much that had to do w/ the M1. Mostly, I was thrilled w the speed of playing FM on an M1, i was able to play w/ more leagues than ever before and the game just made so much more sense not waiting an hour to advance a day in the year 2055. I recommend FM on Silicon to all.

I’m interested in seeing how the M1 Pro/Max perform. Not interested in buying either machine, but wonder if the additional two cores will significantly improve speeds.

I’m assuming it will be marginal, and certainly not worth the cost between a Mac Mini/MBA/MBP

I've never had a computer run FM as well as the M1 MacBook Pro. Glad it's running 22 Beta seamlessly too. Not once have I heard the fan on this machine; a world of difference to the Dell Gaming Machine I endured between 2016-2020, which doubled as a jet engine and weighed me down!

Fighting the urge to splurge on the new 16" M1 Pro (it'd be a ludicrous purchase really..but...). 

18 minutes ago, aj2kuk said:

I've never had a computer run FM as well as the M1 MacBook Pro. Glad it's running 22 Beta seamlessly too. Not once have I heard the fan on this machine; a world of difference to the Dell Gaming Machine I endured between 2016-2020, which doubled as a jet engine and weighed me down!

Fighting the urge to splurge on the new 16" M1 Pro (it'd be a ludicrous purchase really..but...). 

Same experience. I’m also fighting the urge to splurge on the M1 Max but not sure if these machines will be yearly released or not. The new M1’s still have some outdated components.

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Same experience. I’m also fighting the urge to splurge on the M1 Max but not sure if these machines will be yearly released or not. The new M1’s still have some outdated components.

Webcam is the big downside to the M1 MacBook Pro I have, but honestly, can't very much justify the new 16" edition just for that. Even I'm not that stupid!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, new to this forum and was searching for threads specifically for FM on apples new M1 chips. 

I am debating whether to take the plunge and buy a M1 Imac 24 inch or patiently wait for the 27 inch to be released probably with pro/max chips. Currently i have a late 2014 27 inch iMac. Used to play FM really well but over the years has slowed down and now cant play the game unless with settings on low for 3d graphics.

Im integrated into the apple eco system so only will consider macs not window machines. Im aware even if apple announce the 27inch models next march due to the chip shortages it could be early summer earliest before they are shipped. hence why i'm thinking about the 24 inch model. Price is secondary in reality i just want to understand performance. However i need to understand how FM22 plays on the machine ideally if i am to take the plunge. I dont think my current iMac has long life left in it in al honesty. 

If i were to buy the M1 24 inch iMac i would get the following specs

• 8 core CPU & 8 core GPU
  • 16gb memory
  • 512 gb SSD

So my question is - is there anyone currently playing FM22 on an iMac 24 inch M1 machine ? i see a lot of posts about the MacBooks but not the desktop. 

If so what i really want to know / find out is how well the game plays including 3d match engine? i generally only play with 5/6 leagues playable for multiple seasons mainly due to my current computer specs. However i would like to be able to play more if i choose to. Main importance would be the match engine playing with no lag or stuttering in high quality though.

Also finally, long shot i know has anyone gone down from a 27 inch to the 24 inch? if so how have you found it adapting to size of the screen and any downsides playing FM22 on it etc? 

Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, ANDM said:

Hi all, new to this forum and was searching for threads specifically for FM on apples new M1 chips. 

I am debating whether to take the plunge and buy a M1 Imac 24 inch or patiently wait for the 27 inch to be released probably with pro/max chips. Currently i have a late 2014 27 inch iMac. Used to play FM really well but over the years has slowed down and now cant play the game unless with settings on low for 3d graphics.

Im integrated into the apple eco system so only will consider macs not window machines. Im aware even if apple announce the 27inch models next march due to the chip shortages it could be early summer earliest before they are shipped. hence why i'm thinking about the 24 inch model. Price is secondary in reality i just want to understand performance. However i need to understand how FM22 plays on the machine ideally if i am to take the plunge. I dont think my current iMac has long life left in it in al honesty. 

If i were to buy the M1 24 inch iMac i would get the following specs

• 8 core CPU & 8 core GPU
  • 16gb memory
  • 512 gb SSD

So my question is - is there anyone currently playing FM22 on an iMac 24 inch M1 machine ? i see a lot of posts about the MacBooks but not the desktop. 

If so what i really want to know / find out is how well the game plays including 3d match engine? i generally only play with 5/6 leagues playable for multiple seasons mainly due to my current computer specs. However i would like to be able to play more if i choose to. Main importance would be the match engine playing with no lag or stuttering in high quality though.

Also finally, long shot i know has anyone gone down from a 27 inch to the 24 inch? if so how have you found it adapting to size of the screen and any downsides playing FM22 on it etc? 

Thanks in advance

Answered you in the laptop thread

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

Check the benchmark thread.

It will play like any other mid to top end machine. Very well.

You could get the Mac mini and buy a 27 inch monitor.

Or get the 24 inch and a 2nd larger display.

When looking at the new Mac's any of them will run FM well.

Go top end of your budget, there's no upgrade paths for the Mac.

Get the most for your money you can with you first buy.