FM21 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

look as the state of this guy from San Marino! Not interested in coming to me, but i wanted him just for fhe novelty of him being sanmarinese. and he's rather good at football!

edit: (thanks @Biscotti ) 

Spoiler

412845908_Screenshot(500).thumb.png.6c13db7460f627caf391628fdbdeae64.png

Edited by aldojags
  • Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, aldojags said:

look as the state of this guy from San Marino! Not interested in coming to me, but i wanted him just for fhe novelty of him being sanmarinese. and he's rather good at football!

You want to take another run at that? :)

spacer.png

Stefano  -  Casale Foot Ball Club  -  2022/2023 (Season 2)  -  Serie C/A

After a very promising first season in charge of the Nerostellati (in which we finished 6th and reached the QF of the play-offs), I felt that I would only have a shot at another decent season if I would bolster the squad and change my formation. Problem was however that our finances were in the red and declining with somewhat around 80k a month. I really wanted to switch to a 5-3-2 DM, but I needed a few decent FB that wouldn't cost a lot of bucks. Luckily for me, my scouting department had done their work and I was able to sign some decent players on free (2 RB & 1 LB, as I already had one LB). I also managed to loan my GK Meli for another season, as well as loaning the young Bove from Roma. After signing Afonso, a very decent CB I scouted from Benfica (I know they have one of the best youth networks in the world, so I scouted a few players they let go), I thought I was ready, but my biggest signing was yet to come: Magazzu, released by Inter, the ideal partner for De Rigo up front. He didn't want to come whilst still playing for Inter, but was interested enough the join me once released... lucky me!

The season started with the Italian Cup. We faced Livorno (R1), Casertana (R2) and Catania (R3) and somehow managed to win them all (with some decent tactical performance, so I was very pleased). This meant we had to face a decent opponent in the 4th qualifiying round, Sassuolo, but if we managed to win, we would get into the 1st round, where the appearance money was... 545k - an astonishing amount, and exactly what I needed to get out of the financial slide we were in. We faced Sassuolo in September, and even though we only had 1 shot on goal, it ended up being enough... Awesome performance by our GK, who scored a 8.9!

In the competition, it was smooth sailing from day one. Even though the RB I bought didn't perform well at all, striker-duo Magazzu and De Rigo did, and we managed to win a lot of our matches, which saw us taking the top spot of the league after the 7th round. We declined a little through January and February - prompting me to loan 2 more players for the failing players in the DR and DM spot - causing us to almost drop of the top of the league. We picked ourselves together however and had a nice run of form in March & April ; good enough to pick up the title! We gained promotion to the Serie B! To top things off, we managed to beat the other two Serie C leaders (Palermo and Entella), grabbing the Serie C Super Cup!

Mid-season, we had a change of chairman. The new chairman immediately loaned 800k from the bank, ensuring a positive bank balance - especially combined with the 600k+ we gained from our Italian Cup adventure. As a result, our Finances are quite OK, I'm hoping the TV-money in the Serie B - as well as the Sponsorships - gain me some more money, so I can keep paying my ever increasing wage bill. We have to sign better players if we want to have a shot at staying up next season, so I'm busy scouting players as we speak!

Hanvikens SK - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Table | Squad | Transfers

Made an indifferent start to the season before going on a 14 match unbeaten run albeit with too many draws in that run. This took the club to around the playoff spots but ended with needing to win the last game to overtake Huddinge into 2nd. In the playoffs the team faced GAIS and won the home leg 3-1. In the away leg the team was really poor but luckily GAIS were no better to only win 0-1 and the team were promoted.  In the swedish cup the team beat L2 Enskede 3-2 away before facing Malmo. The game was switched to away and the team were well beaten 0-2.

Finances really increased as a result of the cup game against Malmo and i got the board to increase Junior coaching and youth rec.

There were a number of strong performances and i got in some good players like Navarrete and Vassiljev who can improve. Kucys was injured for 3 months and has declined as a player as a result,  Laaksonen was able to step up well. Diawara was very patchy in his form and is possibly on the decline as a player. The creative force was definitely Bardiqi who is still improving.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2nd Div NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (22)

Hjort (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div North

13th

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (16)

Diawara (9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (16)

Kucys (13)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

6th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (25)

Kucys (9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (17)

Yosef (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (19)

Kucys (7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Laaksonen (17)

Bardiqi (14)

Basic

Poor

Average

Adequate

Promoted via playoffs

@Siepe1990well done on your promotion, some nice players there and a ridiculous season from your 2 forwards! Good luck for serie b!!

@Thebakerwell done on your promotion also! Diawara still averaged over  a 7 but yeh i think we are used to him scoring more than 14! Hes been a great player for you though! Good luck for next season!

I am in my 2nd champions league final in a row, vs man city, will try and play it tonight. This is my fourth european final, lost the previous 3, hoping for a completion  tonight but if last season is anything to go by i am about to lose 3-4 key starters in the weeks leading up to game!

58 minutes ago, aldojags said:

I am in my 2nd champions league final in a row, vs man city, will try and play it tonight. This is my fourth european final, lost the previous 3, hoping for a completion  tonight but if last season is anything to go by i am about to lose 3-4 key starters in the weeks leading up to game!

Hope you have better luck this time.

1 hour ago, aldojags said:

fingers and toes crossed for you @aldojags :thup:

Posted (edited)

Yip, here we go.

Lose my best player in build up to CL final. This happened last year too, lost my first choice GK., RB and CM before the final last year. Now I lose this guy. F this game sometimes. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4f3444f2fb86e2bbb303640b8159b99f.png

image.thumb.png.8701de47e7bacbb82e1ad9384f048767.png

to be fair, its my fault, I let him play a bounce match 3 weeks before the biggest game of the save!

Edited by aldojags

image.png.a5d215e7746ed3c6339fb4afa47f097b.png

Spartak Pleven Season Review 2038-2039 (Challenge Completed!)

Competitions

As you can see, I won every competition I entered, and completed the challenge! Had a great group stage in Champions League, but scraped through the knockout rounds, winning 2 ties on away goals! Conceded in the final after 20 seconds, but fought back to win it late on! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c697845f28a36a0bb43eafb873288bdd.png

The team who achieved this feat...

Romic

Diks

Novakovic

Sova

Pahontu

Cortes

Hajradonovic

Vlcek

Almasky

Manea

Augusto

Whilst he didnt play in the final due to injury, no season review is complete without mentioning the player of the save, Juan Martinez.

Finances upon completion

Manager Profile upon completion

Homegrown players who have featured (all my youth academy)

Ayoub Madi - looks incredible but doesnt get the goals he should,

Boev - 4 star potential, will make a good winger

Neykov - 5 star potential but i dont see him fulfilling it, he'd be better by now. Will give him a run of games now ive completed and pressure is off

Malinov - solid BWM or CB, steady though unspectacular

Stefanov - good on paper but yet to shine when he gets a game

Another Stefanov - pick of the bunch who came through this year, really like the look of him

Zografikis - should make steady left back one day

Delighted to finish challenge, probably the best thing I've ever done in FM, winning CL with a Bulgarian club, in a league with no money, struggling to sign players from a lot of countries as they dont want to live in Bulgaria due to lack of infrastructure! SO had to be patient and build slowly, but got there in the end!

Sestao River Club - Wikipedia

Francisco | Sestao River Club | Spain | 2041/42 (Season 21)

After barely scraping into the playoff last season and then barely missing out on going up, the objective was to make it at least comfortably into the playoffs, even if the media prediction didn't agree. We had a bit of a slow start, not getting an away win until our 5th away match of the season, but once we got going there weren't many who could stop us. Our defence wasn't quite at the standard of last season, but we made up for it by scoring a fair few more goals. In the end an agonising final day saw us needing to win and hope other games went our way to ensure automatic promotion, but it didn't quite work out and left three teams on 78 points. The first tie-break is results between teams, meaning we occupied 3rd place and went into the playoff.

We dispatched Mallorca fairly comfortably in the semi-final, but came unstuck with a bunch of injuries for the final against Malaga which led to a 3-1 loss over two legs. I'm not sure how big a difference those missing players would have been, but I can't help but wonder "what if". Interestingly, the playoffs were so late in the year that the one player of mine who went away to the World Cup had crashed out of the group stage and returned to us in time to play the second leg of the final!

Competitions (Playoff) | Transfers 1 & 2Youth Intake | Fixtures Part 1 & Part 2 | New Records/PotS | Finances | Best XI (All-Time)

The first half of the season saw Rareş Florea find his form again, but this attracted the vultures, so when a January bid came in from China I decided it was time to cut him loose. It was less than I probably should have got for him, but my shortlist was bursting with possible replacements, which I set about opening negotiations for. In his place came Juan Manuel for a fee of 5m from a struggling Espanyol. He wasn't quite at the same level as Florea this season, but he certainly looked like a good fit for us. Just to confuse matters, our man between the sticks is also called Juan Manuel. Only 16 clean sheets in 44 games seems a little low, but as a team we gave away 9 penalties this campaign which really skewed things against him in that regard. The number 10 role hasn't really felt like a strong position for us ever since di Vaio left us when we got relegated, but about a third of the way into the season I gave Renan a chance (previously he'd been out on the fringes of the squad) and he seemed to come alive in the role. His favourite trick is to run from deep while the strikers occupy the centre-backs to receive a pass coming in from the wings, and his return of 13 in 28 starts reflects this.

In terms of the academy graduates, David Bengoetxea (YP21) looks like the only one with any real promise. Hopefully he'll develop nicely and I'll at least have a home-grown backup 'keeper again. On the developed players front, it seems Yann Magne (YP18a) is becoming a very dependable squad player, although I still have some doubts about his ability to make the step up to first-choice. Gorka Marco (YP18c) also got a bit of a look in this season as a "jack of all trades" utility player, but I never really trusted him and I think I'll be looking to move him on. Asier Ibáñez (YP3b) returned to us this year to see out his career, but his inability to break into the first team has caused him to choose to retire at the end of the season. I'm giving some serious consideration to hiring him as my assistant, even though his staff attributes aren't all that wonderful.

Basque count: 1 players (At least 10 starts, or 20 games overall) 

Hard luck @Biscottithat was a tight finish to the league. A lot of big teams in there with u so thats a good season. That keeper for 15...he’s gna be good! 
i like the centre half too, maybe not a la liga centre half when u get back there, but as u say solid squad player! 

spacer.png

Stefano  -  Casale Foot Ball Club  -  2023/2024 (Season 3)  -  Serie B

My first season in the Serie B promised to be a very special one. But, I'm getting ahead of the story - back to the summer of 2023. We managed to win the Serie C and get back up to the Serie B, and I knew I had to strengthen my squad if I wanted to stay up. Problem was, I only had a balance of 230k to work with. Lucky for me, Crotone decided to bid on one of my talents - Mutti - and whilst they started bidding at his face value of 25k, I managed to get a deal worth 675k (+30% profit clause). I didn't want to sell him, since he was a great talent, but for 675k I could pay wages for a few top players for the entire year! So after selling Mutti, I dipped into the market and came up with some improvements: Saranic on MC (already signed before selling Mutti), Pinna on RB, Colina on LB, Ingelsson on MC and, the most surprising signing of them all, Kabadayi on STC. I noticed Kabadayi was wanted by Dortmund after being release by Bayern, so I gave it shot, but was very surprised he wanted to sign with me.

After a few more transfers I got set for the season to start - and what a start! We managed to beat SPAL in de Cup, not by hanging on but by being the better team, and in the league we were on fire as well. We even topped the league a little while (round 3-7), but we had a bad October / November so we dropped a few places. December and January saw us picking up the pace again - we managed to get into the First Round of the Cup 2nd year in a row, landing another 545k prize money! - and we were en route to have a very, very good season.

In the Transfer Window however, 3 things happened. First off, my CB Nagy almost left on free - he attracted attention and didn't want to sign. In the end, after other clubs offered contracts, he wanted to listen to me as well, so I gave him a huge increase and... he decided to stay! Second, I found out that Magazzu - who was having another insane seasons with 18 goals in 20 matches - had a 750k release clause... An amount Crotone paid without thinking twice. Third, FC Porto came in for my star CB Afonso - I managed to sell him for 2,2 million (!!!) + 40% profit and a friendly match, and to loan him back for free the remainder of the year... Nice deal!

I managed to keep a good run of form and when we snatched 2nd place in round 31, we didn't give it away again... We got promoted to the Serie A, a league in which the Nerostellati haven't played since 1934! Main thanks to my strikers Magazzu and Kadabayi - look at them goals! The prize money is 2,7 million and now, finally, we have a decent Balance - and a Projection that states I'll have almost 45 million by the end of next year.

I'm really surprised by the back-to-back promotion and I'm actually anxious that it might be going to fast... But I guess we'll find out in the Serie A next year!

On 01/05/2021 at 18:43, aldojags said:

Delighted to finish challenge, probably the best thing I've ever done in FM, winning CL with a Bulgarian club, in a league with no money, struggling to sign players from a lot of countries as they dont want to live in Bulgaria due to lack of infrastructure! SO had to be patient and build slowly, but got there in the end!

Congrats @aldojags! Amazing achievement, a nailbiter in the Final too. 

1 hour ago, jmarchand said:

Congrats @aldojags! Amazing achievement, a nailbiter in the Final too. 

Thank you mate! What did u get up to after completion? U still playing? Ive been at a loss with what to do now im done! 

feel like i dont want to quit the save now im at the top of the tree, should try and build a dynasty! Also fancy now im like a big manager in the game taking on some giants in other leagues! Also toying with idea of the youth save altho i dunno if i have the patience for that!

On 03/05/2021 at 13:13, aldojags said:

Thank you mate! What did u get up to after completion? U still playing? Ive been at a loss with what to do now im done! 

feel like i dont want to quit the save now im at the top of the tree, should try and build a dynasty! Also fancy now im like a big manager in the game taking on some giants in other leagues! Also toying with idea of the youth save altho i dunno if i have the patience for that!

Hehe. I took a small break from the FM altogether, then tried to start a save in Spain, but didn't find the level of excitement that I had found in my Dubrovnik save, so I went back to it and I'll try to see how well I can do again for one more season! 

Give us a look at Matas @jmarchandand Menendez, have you always had him I dont remember?

I couldn't decide what to do for 3-4 days after completion, but after you saying you went back, I've went back for some more fun in Bulgaria, got a plan now long term to get the Bulgarian national job and try and use Pleven to build up some talents.

That said, whilst I want to focus on youth, I have just spent a ridiculous amount of money this summer,  just going to live out a fantasy as I was quite shrewd for most of the save, but I'm just going to act the big daddy now, I sold a ton of fringe players, had £400m in the bank, and signed this ridiculous left winger for £90m from Hertha Berlin,

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.76f320aa21632663602a1c8583858483.png

I also signed this left back/centre half from Barca for £50m

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b246635d5ba2f00b485de1637868eb48.png

And last but not least, signed this centre half from Bayern for £80m!! Spending over for the summer I think! Apparently onto fail FFP so that could be a problem! Which I dont understand, I'm just spending money that I raised myself, what's unfair about that!!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f966e817eab78d93b61332db1ee2bbb2.png

Hanvikens SK - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started this season quite well but a 3 month injury to Diawara sent the team into a decline, it was only due to there being 3 worse sides than auto relegation was avoided. In the relegation playoff the team faced Trelleborgs, after losing the away leg 2-3 the team won 3-1 at home with late goals from Kucys to stay in the league. In the swedish cup the team went past 3rd Div Rynninge 6-0 to make the group stage for the 1st time.

The prize money of 630K has improved finances although the board have decided its not enough to improve the facilities.

The board sold Martin with no sell on which was a blow, the fb's were both really poor all season no matter who played there. The fb's i signed struggled.

I have been looking for a new GK for 2 seasons as Jeib didn't seem to make enough saves or have outstanding games, the board signed Jovovic who was the teams player of the season.

Johansson also had an encouraging 1st season with the club.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec