FM21 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

look as the state of this guy from San Marino! Not interested in coming to me, but i wanted him just for fhe novelty of him being sanmarinese. and he's rather good at football!

edit: (thanks @Biscotti ) 

Spoiler

412845908_Screenshot(500).thumb.png.6c13db7460f627caf391628fdbdeae64.png

Edited by aldojags
  • Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, aldojags said:

look as the state of this guy from San Marino! Not interested in coming to me, but i wanted him just for fhe novelty of him being sanmarinese. and he's rather good at football!

You want to take another run at that? :)

spacer.png

Stefano  -  Casale Foot Ball Club  -  2022/2023 (Season 2)  -  Serie C/A

After a very promising first season in charge of the Nerostellati (in which we finished 6th and reached the QF of the play-offs), I felt that I would only have a shot at another decent season if I would bolster the squad and change my formation. Problem was however that our finances were in the red and declining with somewhat around 80k a month. I really wanted to switch to a 5-3-2 DM, but I needed a few decent FB that wouldn't cost a lot of bucks. Luckily for me, my scouting department had done their work and I was able to sign some decent players on free (2 RB & 1 LB, as I already had one LB). I also managed to loan my GK Meli for another season, as well as loaning the young Bove from Roma. After signing Afonso, a very decent CB I scouted from Benfica (I know they have one of the best youth networks in the world, so I scouted a few players they let go), I thought I was ready, but my biggest signing was yet to come: Magazzu, released by Inter, the ideal partner for De Rigo up front. He didn't want to come whilst still playing for Inter, but was interested enough the join me once released... lucky me!

The season started with the Italian Cup. We faced Livorno (R1), Casertana (R2) and Catania (R3) and somehow managed to win them all (with some decent tactical performance, so I was very pleased). This meant we had to face a decent opponent in the 4th qualifiying round, Sassuolo, but if we managed to win, we would get into the 1st round, where the appearance money was... 545k - an astonishing amount, and exactly what I needed to get out of the financial slide we were in. We faced Sassuolo in September, and even though we only had 1 shot on goal, it ended up being enough... Awesome performance by our GK, who scored a 8.9!

In the competition, it was smooth sailing from day one. Even though the RB I bought didn't perform well at all, striker-duo Magazzu and De Rigo did, and we managed to win a lot of our matches, which saw us taking the top spot of the league after the 7th round. We declined a little through January and February - prompting me to loan 2 more players for the failing players in the DR and DM spot - causing us to almost drop of the top of the league. We picked ourselves together however and had a nice run of form in March & April ; good enough to pick up the title! We gained promotion to the Serie B! To top things off, we managed to beat the other two Serie C leaders (Palermo and Entella), grabbing the Serie C Super Cup!

Mid-season, we had a change of chairman. The new chairman immediately loaned 800k from the bank, ensuring a positive bank balance - especially combined with the 600k+ we gained from our Italian Cup adventure. As a result, our Finances are quite OK, I'm hoping the TV-money in the Serie B - as well as the Sponsorships - gain me some more money, so I can keep paying my ever increasing wage bill. We have to sign better players if we want to have a shot at staying up next season, so I'm busy scouting players as we speak!

Hanvikens SK - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Table | Squad | Transfers

Made an indifferent start to the season before going on a 14 match unbeaten run albeit with too many draws in that run. This took the club to around the playoff spots but ended with needing to win the last game to overtake Huddinge into 2nd. In the playoffs the team faced GAIS and won the home leg 3-1. In the away leg the team was really poor but luckily GAIS were no better to only win 0-1 and the team were promoted.  In the swedish cup the team beat L2 Enskede 3-2 away before facing Malmo. The game was switched to away and the team were well beaten 0-2.

Finances really increased as a result of the cup game against Malmo and i got the board to increase Junior coaching and youth rec.

There were a number of strong performances and i got in some good players like Navarrete and Vassiljev who can improve. Kucys was injured for 3 months and has declined as a player as a result,  Laaksonen was able to step up well. Diawara was very patchy in his form and is possibly on the decline as a player. The creative force was definitely Bardiqi who is still improving.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2nd Div NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (22)

Hjort (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div North

13th

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (16)

Diawara (9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (16)

Kucys (13)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

6th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (25)

Kucys (9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (17)

Yosef (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (19)

Kucys (7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Laaksonen (17)

Bardiqi (14)

Basic

Poor

Average

Adequate

Promoted via playoffs

@Siepe1990well done on your promotion, some nice players there and a ridiculous season from your 2 forwards! Good luck for serie b!!

@Thebakerwell done on your promotion also! Diawara still averaged over  a 7 but yeh i think we are used to him scoring more than 14! Hes been a great player for you though! Good luck for next season!

I am in my 2nd champions league final in a row, vs man city, will try and play it tonight. This is my fourth european final, lost the previous 3, hoping for a completion  tonight but if last season is anything to go by i am about to lose 3-4 key starters in the weeks leading up to game!

58 minutes ago, aldojags said:

I am in my 2nd champions league final in a row, vs man city, will try and play it tonight. This is my fourth european final, lost the previous 3, hoping for a completion  tonight but if last season is anything to go by i am about to lose 3-4 key starters in the weeks leading up to game!

Hope you have better luck this time.

1 hour ago, aldojags said:

fingers and toes crossed for you @aldojags :thup:

Posted (edited)

Yip, here we go.

Lose my best player in build up to CL final. This happened last year too, lost my first choice GK., RB and CM before the final last year. Now I lose this guy. F this game sometimes. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4f3444f2fb86e2bbb303640b8159b99f.png

image.thumb.png.8701de47e7bacbb82e1ad9384f048767.png

to be fair, its my fault, I let him play a bounce match 3 weeks before the biggest game of the save!

Edited by aldojags

image.png.a5d215e7746ed3c6339fb4afa47f097b.png

Spartak Pleven Season Review 2038-2039 (Challenge Completed!)

Competitions

As you can see, I won every competition I entered, and completed the challenge! Had a great group stage in Champions League, but scraped through the knockout rounds, winning 2 ties on away goals! Conceded in the final after 20 seconds, but fought back to win it late on! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c697845f28a36a0bb43eafb873288bdd.png

The team who achieved this feat...

Romic

Diks

Novakovic

Sova

Pahontu

Cortes

Hajradonovic

Vlcek

Almasky

Manea

Augusto

Whilst he didnt play in the final due to injury, no season review is complete without mentioning the player of the save, Juan Martinez.

Finances upon completion

Manager Profile upon completion

Homegrown players who have featured (all my youth academy)

Ayoub Madi - looks incredible but doesnt get the goals he should,

Boev - 4 star potential, will make a good winger

Neykov - 5 star potential but i dont see him fulfilling it, he'd be better by now. Will give him a run of games now ive completed and pressure is off

Malinov - solid BWM or CB, steady though unspectacular

Stefanov - good on paper but yet to shine when he gets a game

Another Stefanov - pick of the bunch who came through this year, really like the look of him

Zografikis - should make steady left back one day

Delighted to finish challenge, probably the best thing I've ever done in FM, winning CL with a Bulgarian club, in a league with no money, struggling to sign players from a lot of countries as they dont want to live in Bulgaria due to lack of infrastructure! SO had to be patient and build slowly, but got there in the end!

Sestao River Club - Wikipedia

Francisco | Sestao River Club | Spain | 2041/42 (Season 21)

After barely scraping into the playoff last season and then barely missing out on going up, the objective was to make it at least comfortably into the playoffs, even if the media prediction didn't agree. We had a bit of a slow start, not getting an away win until our 5th away match of the season, but once we got going there weren't many who could stop us. Our defence wasn't quite at the standard of last season, but we made up for it by scoring a fair few more goals. In the end an agonising final day saw us needing to win and hope other games went our way to ensure automatic promotion, but it didn't quite work out and left three teams on 78 points. The first tie-break is results between teams, meaning we occupied 3rd place and went into the playoff.

We dispatched Mallorca fairly comfortably in the semi-final, but came unstuck with a bunch of injuries for the final against Malaga which led to a 3-1 loss over two legs. I'm not sure how big a difference those missing players would have been, but I can't help but wonder "what if". Interestingly, the playoffs were so late in the year that the one player of mine who went away to the World Cup had crashed out of the group stage and returned to us in time to play the second leg of the final!

Competitions (Playoff) | Transfers 1 & 2Youth Intake | Fixtures Part 1 & Part 2 | New Records/PotS | Finances | Best XI (All-Time)

The first half of the season saw Rareş Florea find his form again, but this attracted the vultures, so when a January bid came in from China I decided it was time to cut him loose. It was less than I probably should have got for him, but my shortlist was bursting with possible replacements, which I set about opening negotiations for. In his place came Juan Manuel for a fee of 5m from a struggling Espanyol. He wasn't quite at the same level as Florea this season, but he certainly looked like a good fit for us. Just to confuse matters, our man between the sticks is also called Juan Manuel. Only 16 clean sheets in 44 games seems a little low, but as a team we gave away 9 penalties this campaign which really skewed things against him in that regard. The number 10 role hasn't really felt like a strong position for us ever since di Vaio left us when we got relegated, but about a third of the way into the season I gave Renan a chance (previously he'd been out on the fringes of the squad) and he seemed to come alive in the role. His favourite trick is to run from deep while the strikers occupy the centre-backs to receive a pass coming in from the wings, and his return of 13 in 28 starts reflects this.

In terms of the academy graduates, David Bengoetxea (YP21) looks like the only one with any real promise. Hopefully he'll develop nicely and I'll at least have a home-grown backup 'keeper again. On the developed players front, it seems Yann Magne (YP18a) is becoming a very dependable squad player, although I still have some doubts about his ability to make the step up to first-choice. Gorka Marco (YP18c) also got a bit of a look in this season as a "jack of all trades" utility player, but I never really trusted him and I think I'll be looking to move him on. Asier Ibáñez (YP3b) returned to us this year to see out his career, but his inability to break into the first team has caused him to choose to retire at the end of the season. I'm giving some serious consideration to hiring him as my assistant, even though his staff attributes aren't all that wonderful.

Basque count: 1 players (At least 10 starts, or 20 games overall) 

Hard luck @Biscottithat was a tight finish to the league. A lot of big teams in there with u so thats a good season. That keeper for 15...he’s gna be good! 
i like the centre half too, maybe not a la liga centre half when u get back there, but as u say solid squad player! 

spacer.png

Stefano  -  Casale Foot Ball Club  -  2023/2024 (Season 3)  -  Serie B

My first season in the Serie B promised to be a very special one. But, I'm getting ahead of the story - back to the summer of 2023. We managed to win the Serie C and get back up to the Serie B, and I knew I had to strengthen my squad if I wanted to stay up. Problem was, I only had a balance of 230k to work with. Lucky for me, Crotone decided to bid on one of my talents - Mutti - and whilst they started bidding at his face value of 25k, I managed to get a deal worth 675k (+30% profit clause). I didn't want to sell him, since he was a great talent, but for 675k I could pay wages for a few top players for the entire year! So after selling Mutti, I dipped into the market and came up with some improvements: Saranic on MC (already signed before selling Mutti), Pinna on RB, Colina on LB, Ingelsson on MC and, the most surprising signing of them all, Kabadayi on STC. I noticed Kabadayi was wanted by Dortmund after being release by Bayern, so I gave it shot, but was very surprised he wanted to sign with me.

After a few more transfers I got set for the season to start - and what a start! We managed to beat SPAL in de Cup, not by hanging on but by being the better team, and in the league we were on fire as well. We even topped the league a little while (round 3-7), but we had a bad October / November so we dropped a few places. December and January saw us picking up the pace again - we managed to get into the First Round of the Cup 2nd year in a row, landing another 545k prize money! - and we were en route to have a very, very good season.

In the Transfer Window however, 3 things happened. First off, my CB Nagy almost left on free - he attracted attention and didn't want to sign. In the end, after other clubs offered contracts, he wanted to listen to me as well, so I gave him a huge increase and... he decided to stay! Second, I found out that Magazzu - who was having another insane seasons with 18 goals in 20 matches - had a 750k release clause... An amount Crotone paid without thinking twice. Third, FC Porto came in for my star CB Afonso - I managed to sell him for 2,2 million (!!!) + 40% profit and a friendly match, and to loan him back for free the remainder of the year... Nice deal!

I managed to keep a good run of form and when we snatched 2nd place in round 31, we didn't give it away again... We got promoted to the Serie A, a league in which the Nerostellati haven't played since 1934! Main thanks to my strikers Magazzu and Kadabayi - look at them goals! The prize money is 2,7 million and now, finally, we have a decent Balance - and a Projection that states I'll have almost 45 million by the end of next year.

I'm really surprised by the back-to-back promotion and I'm actually anxious that it might be going to fast... But I guess we'll find out in the Serie A next year!

On 01/05/2021 at 18:43, aldojags said:

Delighted to finish challenge, probably the best thing I've ever done in FM, winning CL with a Bulgarian club, in a league with no money, struggling to sign players from a lot of countries as they dont want to live in Bulgaria due to lack of infrastructure! SO had to be patient and build slowly, but got there in the end!

Congrats @aldojags! Amazing achievement, a nailbiter in the Final too. 

1 hour ago, jmarchand said:

Congrats @aldojags! Amazing achievement, a nailbiter in the Final too. 

Thank you mate! What did u get up to after completion? U still playing? Ive been at a loss with what to do now im done! 

feel like i dont want to quit the save now im at the top of the tree, should try and build a dynasty! Also fancy now im like a big manager in the game taking on some giants in other leagues! Also toying with idea of the youth save altho i dunno if i have the patience for that!

On 03/05/2021 at 13:13, aldojags said:

Thank you mate! What did u get up to after completion? U still playing? Ive been at a loss with what to do now im done! 

feel like i dont want to quit the save now im at the top of the tree, should try and build a dynasty! Also fancy now im like a big manager in the game taking on some giants in other leagues! Also toying with idea of the youth save altho i dunno if i have the patience for that!

Hehe. I took a small break from the FM altogether, then tried to start a save in Spain, but didn't find the level of excitement that I had found in my Dubrovnik save, so I went back to it and I'll try to see how well I can do again for one more season! 

Yeah, that's a pretty potent duo up front... 20 goals in 33 shots on target in 12 games. 

image.thumb.png.dbe3f54b49a5614d879c8728ff7b3904.png

Give us a look at Matas @jmarchandand Menendez, have you always had him I dont remember?

I couldn't decide what to do for 3-4 days after completion, but after you saying you went back, I've went back for some more fun in Bulgaria, got a plan now long term to get the Bulgarian national job and try and use Pleven to build up some talents.

That said, whilst I want to focus on youth, I have just spent a ridiculous amount of money this summer,  just going to live out a fantasy as I was quite shrewd for most of the save, but I'm just going to act the big daddy now, I sold a ton of fringe players, had £400m in the bank, and signed this ridiculous left winger for £90m from Hertha Berlin,

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.76f320aa21632663602a1c8583858483.png

I also signed this left back/centre half from Barca for £50m

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b246635d5ba2f00b485de1637868eb48.png

And last but not least, signed this centre half from Bayern for £80m!! Spending over for the summer I think! Apparently onto fail FFP so that could be a problem! Which I dont understand, I'm just spending money that I raised myself, what's unfair about that!!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f966e817eab78d93b61332db1ee2bbb2.png

Started this season quite well but a 3 month injury to Diawara sent the team into a decline, it was only due to there being 3 worse sides than auto relegation was avoided. In the relegation playoff the team faced Trelleborgs, after losing the away leg 2-3 the team won 3-1 at home with late goals from Kucys to stay in the league. In the swedish cup the team went past 3rd Div Rynninge 6-0 to make the group stage for the 1st time.

The prize money of 630K has improved finances although the board have decided its not enough to improve the facilities.

The board sold Martin with no sell on which was a blow, the fb's were both really poor all season no matter who played there. The fb's i signed struggled.

I have been looking for a new GK for 2 seasons as Jeib didn't seem to make enough saves or have outstanding games, the board signed Jovovic who was the teams player of the season.

Johansson also had an encouraging 1st season with the club.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2nd Div NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (22)

Hjort (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div North

13th

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (16)

Diawara (9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (16)

Kucys (13)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

6th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (25)

Kucys (9)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (17)

Yosef (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (19)

Kucys (7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Laaksonen (17)

Bardiqi (14)

Basic

Poor

Average

Adequate

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div Elite

13th

Group St

N/A

Diawara, Johannson(12)

Johannson (7)

Basic

Poor

Average

Adequate

Sestao River Club - Wikipedia

Francisco | Sestao River Club | Spain | 2042/43 (Season 22)

I have to say, I thought by this many seasons I'd at least be challenging to make the Champions League spots in La Liga, but there you go. After consecutive playoff finals, the media were kind enough to predict we'd finish 13th. Thanks guys.

We, of course, had other plans and after a couple of early losses we really found our mojo. A run of 24 unbeaten which included a 9-win streak saw us start to build a bit of a gap at the top which honestly never looked under threat. In the end we finished one point short of the league record and were really good value for our promotion.

Based on my transfer activity, I actually think we'd have gone into the red this season if I'd not made the sales I had, so while I'm sad to see some players go I do feel it was necessary. Happy enough with the replacements I got in, though.

Competitions | Transfers | Youth Intake | Fixtures Part 1 & Part 2 | New Records/PotS | Finances | Best XI (All-Time)

You may have seen the snip I grabbed of a great goal-scoring start by a player. Well in the end, Juan Manuel amassed 39 goals from 43(1) appearances. I'm not sure how he'll do making the step up, but those are some ridiculous numbers no matter what level you're playing at. That he's not made his way into the overall best XI astounds me (nor anyone else from our current crop). A lot of clubs were trying to convince me to sell him in January, and I told him I needed him for this season but that I'd definitely accept bids in the summer. Now that we've been promoted, he's withdrawn his complaint and is happy to stay with us, which is fantastic news! Speaking of our current crop, Ciprian Redinciuc is our captain fantastic. 4 seasons with us now, with 2 of them as captain, and I've been lucky enough to convince him that he doesn't want to leave (yet). His 10 assists have been pretty important, but not as important as the 15 provided by Javier Telletxea. I spent slightly less on him than I brought in with the outgoing Sáez, but I was still worried I was overpaying merely because of his Basque-ness. Turns out I needn't have worried and he turned out to be our best signing this season.

Exciting times in our academy, as both Aitor Martínez (YP22a) and Gaizka Moreno (YP22b) look like great talents. I don't think they're anywhere near the first team yet, but I'd like to think that in two or three years they'll be showing themselves to be worth consideration. As for players who are in and around the first team, Yann Magne (YP18a) was part of the 4-man rotation at centre-back. His season was solid, albeit not much better than that, but at only 20 I'm hardly expecting him to pull up trees just yet. David Bengoetxea (YP21) was able to get a chance this season, playing some early cup games and the odd league game as well. Unfortunately, there were a couple of big errors made at the end of the season after we'd already secured the title which told me he's not ready yet. I feel like at 16 it's a little too early to be loaning him out, but I'm not ready to have him as my number two - especially in La Liga.

Basque count: 3 players (At least 10 starts, or 20 games overall) 

great season @Biscottiglad you're back where you belong! Unbelievable from Manuel, I share your point that he maybe doesn't look like a bonafide La Liga striker, but he deserves a shot given that season! Redinciuc on the other hand! He is every inch the La Liga player, you need to keep him!!

Some good youngsters floating about, and yeh be patient with that keeper he'll be at least a solid back up for you in the future.

We've all had them folks, the one that got away.

I had this guy on the hook about 4 years ago when he was playing in Argentina - all I had to do was hit confirm transfer, and I would have had him for about £15m i think it was. BUt at the time his finishing was 10-11, I just backed out in the end as I didn't think I'd play him.

THen Liverpool signed him and he turned into this...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.30dde5d75adae9aa9e6434842374f9b1.png

@Biscotti- great season there, Juan Manual obviously fits your system really well.

I assume your youth is numbered from the start of the save, confused me a bit since i number mine in the year they come through.

7 hours ago, Thebaker said:

@Biscotti- great season there, Juan Manual obviously fits your system really well.

I assume your youth is numbered from the start of the save, confused me a bit since i number mine in the year they come through.

It is indeed. Honestly, when I saw the way you do it I found myself thinking "that's a much more sensible way to do it"

spacer.png

Stefano  -  Casale Foot Ball Club  -  2024/2025 (Season 4)  -  Serie A

After winning back-to-back promotions, I knew I really needed to bolster my squad this time to have a shot of staying up. However, even though the financial projection was fine, my board gave me only a very small transfer budget, meaning I had to delve into the free transfer market once again. Lucky for me, I've become quite decent at that throughout my many years of playing FM. I had already secured signatures of three players at the start of the transfer season, of whom Croatian DM Dira was the finest signing. But then, on the 8th of July, I struck gold. I managed to sign three, of whom two were coveted by the greats of Europe (Real, Barcelona, City, you name 'em, they wanted 'em): Adria Perez as a GK and Juan Ramon Perez as a ST. Where Adria was still a talent - I did play him all season though - Juan Ramon was already a first class player... Look at them stats! I finalized my transfer dealings by spending my transfer money on CB/LB Lemus - top recommendation from my main scout Vicente - and signing Machado on a free. Just to be complete: I also signed 22 (!!!) players for my U20-team on the last 5 days of the transfer window (Part I - Part II), because I wanted to have some decent emergency backups ready if I needed them, and my current U20 squad was just terrible.

So, time for the season to start! I didn't much fancy my chances in my first Serie A season, and our start was not encouraging, 2 draws and 2 losses. We picked up the pace though, winning the next two, before repeating this schedule, so that after 12 matches we had scored 4 / 4 / 4. We were not in direct danger of a straight relegation, so I was quite content. Then came December & January, the months in which I have sucked all along this challenge so far...  It wasn't great this time neither, but I see some improvement: 3 / 2 / 4.

Halfway through the season, I was not in any danger of a straight trip back to the Serie B, but I was not impressed with our soccer. I was still playing the 5-3-2 Wide DM (with 2 attacking wing backs) I got promoted with, but I created next to nothing. It was excruciating to watch at times, we played entire matches getting only 1 or 2 shots at goal, whilst getting 20+ shots against (all hail the mighty talent Adria Perez for keeping most of them out). I decided it was time for a change, and I swapped to a 4-1-3-2 (with 2 defensive full backs, 2 Mezzala's and 1 attacking Advanced Playmaker from the midfield). For that, I had to bring in some players, and I decided to loan 3: Kambwala (DC), Adam (MC) and Mosquera (DR). I also sold some, most notably Colina, who was a decent attacking LB but who didn't fit into my defending LB approach.

When we got the show on the road again, the results were astonishing. I mean, just look at that form! We won 3 of our 4 matches in February, March and April, only slipping up that roll in March, where we won 'only' 2. Most amazing results included a 3-2 victory against Napoli, a 5-2 victory against Fiorentina (we were 5-0 up with 80 minutes played), a 3-0 victory against reigning champions Lazio and a 3-0 dismantling of Inter.  The results had us shooting up the table in no time, and European Soccer was within our grasp. Up until the last match, we even had a chance of qualifying for the Europa League, but we had to 'settle' for the Europa Conference League after 'losing' to Bologna on goal difference (by 1 goal... can you picture that?).

This performance, of course, landed us some awards... Where to start? In chronological order: my striker Kabadayi, after delivering top performances in both the Serie B and the Serie A, managed to win the World U21 Player of the Year 2024 - and well deserved! My other striker, Juan Ramon Perez, not only became top scorer in the Serie A - he managed to grab the European Golden Shoe! Both of my Perez' boys - Juan Ramon and Adria - won best player in their position in the Serie A as well. And, to top it off, I (of course) won the Manager of the Year.

So... we managed to land European Soccer next season, whilst building up our Finances. I managed to persuade the board to build a new stadium (4.000 > 16.000+ in 2026), so things are looking nice. It'll be interesting to see if I manage to keep my players - especially Juan Ramon Perez is chased by the entire game - lucky for me, his release clause is a healthy 21.5 million. The Nerostellati are coming to conquer Europe!

@Siepe1990what a season!! Some great signings, Perez looks every inch the wonderkid! And Kabadayi is a stud. You could win the European Conference with that squad, all a good age too. 

New stadium too, exciting times!

Posted (edited)

I played another season after my completion, not sure what my longterm plan is, but I won another Champions League. My 3rd final in a row, winning the past 2, unbelievable form. The final wasn't the best performance, my keeper, Valentino Romic, saved me multiple times, including 3 saved penalties in the shoot out.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.25316a06137a8ccec04dbaa24c2e738d.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.81c9fc16475cf4eb5700a9a034d85c29.png

My league performance was ridiculous, lost 2, drew 1, won 28. Annoyed as an invincible season was do-able! Won every competition I entered, beat psv 6-0 in super cup.

Some of the best players to come through my academy featured heavily - Neykov has decent stats but everytime I played him he was involved, i think the "gets into opposition area" trait is a huge trait when you have the chances and possession I do, he is involved in so many goals and performs as one of my best players, despite average looking attributes when compared to other wingers I have.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a3a06edce13ea56c4158fd7db60f5f2f.png

And Ayoub Madi - came through my academy, now a French international!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8fa67801ddbbe7201dbfd9acba85b6a0.png

Keep thinking I'm going to go down the route of more youth in the save, then I see a shiny new player, and can't help myself, like this one!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.289e90f357330113d7dae168dc758b31.png

image.png

Edited by aldojags
12 hours ago, aldojags said:

@Siepe1990what a season!! Some great signings, Perez looks every inch the wonderkid! And Kabadayi is a stud. You could win the European Conference with that squad, all a good age too. 

New stadium too, exciting times!

Perez has insane quality - he scored 27 and gave 8 assists in 37 apps in that season, he struggled (like my entire team) in my 5-3-2 formation, but as soon as I changed to my 4-1-3-2 he started firing them in match after match. I was very interested to see how much he could score in a full season with an even better squad... sadly - spoiler alert - Atletico Madrid decided it was a no-brainer to active his 21.5 million release clause, leaving me with a pile of money, but without my best striker... Very curious to see how his replacement will fare, and very excited for the European Conference League as well, will be interesting to see how far we can get! Can't wait for the new stadium, quadrupling my Gate Receipts is something I'm looking forward to ;-)

@aldojags what's the Bulgarian coefficient now you've won the CL twice? They must be up there by now surely? Are any of the other teams in the league doing anything in Europe as well or is it just you?

11 hours ago, Britrock said:

@aldojags what's the Bulgarian coefficient now you've won the CL twice? They must be up there by now surely? Are any of the other teams in the league doing anything in Europe as well or is it just you?

We are 7th in terms of competition coefficient - I think maybe 1 more good season from me away from overtaking Portugal, which would be good as it gets 2 automatic group stage spots. The other Bulgarian clubs, Ludogorets usually make it to 2nd knockout round of Europa League, and maybe another club (usually Levski or CSKA Sofia) get to 2nd knockout of Euro Cup II, but nothing more than that.  Hoping I can get the 2 group stage spots and this could improve things for us.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.15dd3ad09bae464a4c50aff65649205e.png

image.thumb.png.b5a01f5349a02171fd56c8c19a77ffc3.png

I am 3rd overall in Europe, again 1 more good season and I reckon I'll be number 1.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e8088e718024ff4c6e11394d96639c12.png

Now I have completed, I set my sights on converting to a sort of build a nation type save, I applied for Bulgaria job and got it, this could be interesting! It kinda goes against my recent policy of spending tons of money on foreigners! But I'll try and shoehorn some more Bulgarians in and see how far I can take them!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3453f05daf2bed914fa845ce1030aeb1.png

Getting heads on back to this save. Full report coming in later...! 

Turns out that it finished with quite a stunner for a back-to-back win of the Champions League. :D

image.png.e7bb61407ceac5a00ee888aca5b01ce5.png

image.thumb.png.59f1807275c2362482e9d222e211ffcf.png

Started the season with a few draws but kicked into form by losing only 1 game in 10 to go into 3rd and a playoff spot with 8 games to go. The team then collapsed to only get 5 points from the last 8 games and slide down the table.

In the swedish cup the team played the group stage from last season  and performed well to finish 2nd behind premier div Orebro and ahead of premier div Halmstad in the 4 team group.

In this season's  swedish cup the team beat D1S Lindome  2-1 away in the 2nd rd to make the group stages again.

Finances went up and I persuaded the board to improve both the youth recruitment and junior coaching.

Hansen and Ali had been long time players but were let go at the end of the season, my chairman sold Jovovic which contributed to the poor form at the end of the season.  

Diawara and Johansson were the standout players.

Instead of building on last season the team struggled in this season taking 7 games to get a win. A match winning streak in the 2nd half of the season took the club clear of relegation but only 2 wins from the last 6 games meant the club were not too far above the drop by the end.

In last seasons swedish cup the club were disappointing in getting well beaten by premier league Varbergs and Norrkoping and only beating Brage. The team reached the group stage by easily beating L2 IFK Malmo 3-0 away in this seasons swedish cup.

At the start of the season the board asked about increasing the physio's wages, i asked to improve the training facilities instead to shut down the conversation knowing they would not as even improving the youth recruitment was not deemed affordable by the board. I was surprised therefore when they did agree to a £750k improvement, finances took a hit as a result as this wiped out most of the money i had.

My best player Vassiljev left on a free at the start of the season although i never managed to get the best from him.

The squad was unbalanced with no decent RB, i played Hatipoglu there for a lot of the season until bringing in Ilarionov and putting Hatipoglu in midfield which brought about the winning run. The LM  position was also poor all season and there was a lack of goals from the whole team.

Lind was brought in to replace Diawara and did well for the mid part of the season. Martin was re-signed on a free but Navarette was my best player, a broken leg ending his season although it did help me extend his contract for a 1/4  in wages of what he  wanted a month before the injury.

I had my best youth intake yet  although some of the personalities were poor.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (17)

Yosef (8)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

7th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (19)

Kucys (7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Fairly Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Laaksonen (17)

Bardiqi (14)

Basic

Poor

Average

Adequate

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div Elite

13th

Group St

N/A

Diawara, Johannson(12)

Johannson (7)

Basic

Poor

Average

Adequate

1st Div Elite

8th

Group St

N/A

Diawara(18)

Bardiqi (12)

Basic

Poor

Adequate

Average

1st Div Elite

11th

Group St

N/A

Lind(20)

Bardiqi (6)

Below Average

Poor

Adequate

Average

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Stefano  -  Casale Foot Ball Club  -  2025/2026 (Season 5)  -  Serie A

After finishing 7th in our very first Serie A season, I wasn't really sure what to expect of our second season. I hoped to keep my best players for at least another season, but sadly Atletico Madrid noticed the 21.5M release clause on my wonderkid Juan Ramon Perez, so I had to let him go. Chelsea had been unsettling Machado all season long and he finally demanded to leave as well if they came in with a 'decent bid'... we settled on 7.5M, I managed to get 10.5M including clauses - not enough, but better than nothing. All other outgoing transfers were loans.

This however did mean we had some money to spend - I exchanged some of the money to pump up my wage budget a little, so I could sign more players on free. As a replacement for Perez, I managed to land Sadiq - he had scored 102 goals in 181 matches for Almeria in the 2nd Division of Spain in a span of 5 years and came highly recommended by my scouting department. I also managed to sign the RB I had loaned in last year - Mosquera - for only 3M, which really surprised me, because I know him from previous saves and he is an amazing talent. My news feed suddenly exploded when SPAL decided to transfer list Esposito, one of the highest recommendations for a midfield position and the perfect replacement for Machado - and that for only 925k! I finally decided to splash the cash on a very, very good CB from Romania: Sabo. I had to wait until deadline day to get two of the biggest signings: I spent another 10M on a 2nd CB named Queiros and... I managed to land Thomas Muller! He was on my radar the entire transfer window and on the last day, he finally decided to join! (For full disclosure: Transfer Pt.1 - Transfers Pt. 2).

It turned out to be a pretty straightforward season. We started the season with some good results, qualifying for the group stage of the Euro Cup II and getting a group with PSV, AEK and Spartak Moscow. The 2nd quarter of the season had us struggle a little, but we managed to qualify from the group and keep racking up points in the league. Come January, I decided to strengthen the club with a few more signings, most notably Arrue (a wonderkid DM) and Xavi Simons on a free, but I decided to buy him straight away as I needed more options in midfield - really surprised by his low rating though, I think he deserves 3 / 3.5 stars at least... (some outgoing transfers as well, nothing much to say about that).

The 3rd quarter of the season we played really well, getting some serious points in the league and knocking out Slovan Bratislava, Kristiansund and Braga in the Euro Cup II, before getting handed a Italian tie with Bologna. We managed to beat them, which meant we had to face Getafe in the final! But before that, we had to finish strong in the league to ensure the best possible European spot for next seasons. Because Napoli failed on the last day of the season and we didn't, we qualified for the Champions League, finishing 4th! Never thought we would managed that already, but very excited to be there already! All that was left was the final against Getafe... which we managed to win! We needed extra time after a late equalizer from Getafe, but we managed to grab that one goal lead and hold on to it!

Prize wize: Kabadayi managed to land another World U21 Prize, two times in a row now. Sadiq had an insane season, landing him the European Golden Shoe! And, most surprisingly, Kubr, whom I'm not even playing regularly as a LB because Lemus is slightly better, managed to land the NxGn-award!

I'm very curious to see if, now that we've qualified for the Champions League, more players want to join - the most heard of response in the previous seasons has been that the 'stature of the club' wasn't big enough, so let's hope this will change things! Financially everything is looking great, can't wait to start playing in the new stadium and racking up even more money!

Edited by Siepe1990
Posted (edited)

image.png.17701bd61cd23c11a89ba98ccc56d188.png

Season 12 - 2032-2033 | The year after the year we won the CL

After winning the Champions League, the team went to a month of vacation in Ibiza, took their minds off football completely and partied like it was 2019. With a fresh mind, we thus decided to take a shot at continuing the legacy of the famed 2031-2032 edition of GOSK Dubrovnik. 

Croatian First League

In the league, we started with a loss 0-1 to Osijek, likely because we were rusty from the partying, but form came back quickly and then followed with 27 matches without losing. We were favourites for winning the title again and duly delivered. Towards the end of the season, our form faltered a bit because I started to give much more playing time to my youngsters, to see what they were capable of. Turns out, they're pretty good, but still a bit green. Had I not rotated our guys up front heavily, the all-time record of 107 goals for would certainly have 

image.thumb.png.01af86440f31e99919b9aa213253bc8d.png

Croatian Cup

For some reason, the board still cares about winning the Croatian Cup, so we have to put on somewhat of an effort in this competition, but at this point, I'm not worried about anyone in the competition, not even Dinamo (but when we face them, I put on a full-strength team). We conceded 3 goals in the whole competition, scored 24 in 5 matches (including a 11-0 beating of poor Jadran LP in the first round), so that makes it 15 games without losing in the Croatian Cup. Yet another trophy, the third in a row in the Croatian Cup. 

European Super Cup

By virtue of winning the Champions Cup, we get one more chance at silverware. We have not wasted it and completely blew Borussia Dortmund out of the water 5-0. It wasn't even close. 

Champions League

The real show was in the European stage. After our win from last year, we were seeded 1st and were really looking for an "easier" group. With Milan, Valencia and Bayer 04, we got a very manageable group, which we got in first place, drawing against away at Milan and Valencia, but winning the rest quite comfortably. 

image.thumb.png.b0bc9395f53d32b6a2fe0046b4821f8a.png

In the First Knockout Round, we were drawn against Paris St-Germain. Gulp. We had not beaten them in our last 4 encounters, but this time, the guys delivered. They came out strongly, Menéndez scored in the first minute and never looked back. We won 3-0 away at Paris, then survived on the second leg by winning 3-2! 

In the Quarter final, we were drawn against Manchester United, currently ranked 2nd in the world... The first leg was very closely fought, and it came down all the way to the end and we finally opened the valve at the 84th minute. 

image.png.84e60442d089a579770ead7c719692a5.png

We were quite nervous in the second leg, going to Old Trafford. We were much more on our heels in this leg, holding our breath at the last minute when Manchester United was really coming after us. It came to an offside goal away from extra time, but I'm glad that we held on. 

image.png.abaca937f7a3712527a96856e8fd8da8.png

The semi-final drew us against Chelsea, ranked 7th in the world. What do they say... To be the best, you have to beat the bests! A 3-2 win in the first leg got us in a good position, but the second leg was a real rollercoaster, with Dubrovnik ultimately emerging victorious on away goals. Good chances on both sides and a lifeline goal from Daniel Matas (who else?) at 90'+2 got us in the final! 

image.png.adc4777eb8d4393eaf9556548e673c4c.png

That would be our second consecutive CL Final, which got us against Liverpool, which, you've guessed it, are ranked first in the world. A crazy match, where once again, Daniel Matas has shown why he's a real legend to the club (at only 23 years old). After falling behind 2-1 and having a goal turned over by offside, Matas comes right back and scores at the 63rd minute to tie things up at 2-2. Another disallowed goal for Liverpool kept my hopes up and Matas scored at the 90th minute on an epic counter attack, on a pass from Menéndez.

image.png.a20eb1068396b1f11d7e514419fb83e2.png

image.png.be60ed8dc977ff381fbf8e16fa16b78f.png  

image.png.e7bb61407ceac5a00ee888aca5b01c

And, just like that, we were crowned winners of the Champions League again! With the help of Fernando Menéndez and Daniel Matas up front, we scored 31 goals in 10 games, which in itself is quite a fabulous achievement at this level of football. 

image.png.c86caf4012c3ac81d6f56dc0b80d1340.png

Transfers 

It was mostly calm in the transfer market, with a few exceptions. Coming in were Camilo González and Marcos Quintana, which both came in to contribute to my problem about non-EU players, but were too good to pass up. In the out column, early in the year Boris Kordic, my starting left back, started to complain about not getting a new contract (his demands were a bit ridiculous) and at 28 years old, I felt he was somehow plateau-ing. So off he went, for a 8.5 M€ deal. In the January window, I decided to move my captain Eduardo Pérez to China for 18 M€, it was now or never and was a victim of the non-EU congestion. Finally, Real Madrid came in to sweep for Matej Silny, my young star defensive midfielder, who still had a 40.5 M€ relegation clause in his contract. He now earns 155 k€ per week and is valued at 57 M€, so I'm sure that Real Madrid did a pretty good piece of business here. I still made a 30 M€ profit after a season and a half, which isn't too bad either. 

image.png.8b3e1d641e85668bfc284ed4050059a9.png

A few bright spots on loan:

- Niksa Simunic started all year at Hajduk in central defence, scoring 7 goals (!) and maintaining an average rating of 7.08. He's going in my first team next year. 

- Leon Sipos, now aged 33, won the Second League scoring title with Kustosija, our feeder club, with 22 goals. His contract won't get renewed, but he's been a great servant to the team and I hope he turns out good as a staff member. 

- Elvis Varvodic got a pretty good run at right back at Rijeka, in the First League, he is going to be a good rotation option next year. 

The stars of the show

Daniel Matas - 41(5) apps, 45 goals, 12 assists, 9 PoM, 7.63 avg. rating

Honestly, I don't understand why he's that good. There must be something that particularly clicks between his stats and the way we're playing, but he's been ridiculous for us ever since he's come up the youth ranks. Now ranked like a Club Legend (at only 23 years old, mind you), he has single-handedly helped me make progress in this save. 

image.thumb.png.4b0445de58f1a25dad9fa787db79ea82.png

Fernando Menéndez - 38(1) apps, 49 goals, 10 assists, 15 PoM, 7.74 avg. rating

Yup. I got this guy on a Free Transfer from River. Second Champions League title in two years with us. He often got rotated in the league due to his non-EU status, but he still scored 29 goals in 22(1) appearances, which is a pretty insane ratio. 

image.thumb.png.92d208dd31eb830ed4a361bb51979a29.png

Antonio Dalic - AMC - 38(4) apps, 13 goals, 27 assists, 3 PoM

With these two up front, of course the guy passing them the ball is going to look good. This year, it was Antonio Dalic who came from Red Star 3 years ago, but really stepped up this year. 

image.thumb.png.17d8b3e069d6c04f76e59c74d22019e8.png

Other News

- Our finances are quite healthy, we have 209 M€ in the bank now. We might want to splurge on a player or two if we see something on the market, but we're really controlling the costs... :) 

- We have 6 European spots this year, two automatic group places for the Champions Cup, so that will save Dinamo the hassle of qualifying. Hajduk takes the 3rd spot. There's not much gap between qualifying for Europe and being relegated now (3 points, in this year's standings!)

- Other Croatian clubs in Europe this year: 

• Dinamo: Did not qualify for the CL Groups, won their EURO Cup Group and got knocked out in the Second KO Round by AS Monaco
  • Hajduk: Qualified for the EURO Cup Groups, came in second behind OL, knocked out by Young Boys in the 1st KO Round. 
  • Rijeka: Qualified for the EURO Cup II Groups, where they finished 3rd, behind SV Ried and Aberdeen
  • HNK Gorica: Knocked out of EURO Cup II qualifying rounds early, by ZTE. 

- Croatia is now firmly ranked as 6th in Europe, we'll see if we can overtake France next year. The next step in the qualifying places comes at 4th place, but that's still a long way to go. 

image.thumb.png.78cd825446dbe827512b6245613e6cd8.png

- With the new rankings, we've climbed in 4th place in European Clubs! 

image.thumb.png.8b1d09fdb3d73e06495e5f7b453d3cb1.png

- For those keeping score, yes, that is a quadruple this year (League, National Cup, Champions League and Euro Super Cup). Looking forward to see if we can get a quintuple by adding the Club World Championship this summer. 

image.thumb.png.9e9c84bbaddd90738e4872c3ea18b54f.png

Edited by jmarchand

@jmarchand Matas looks like a really good player, he has high pace and acc and high flair so probably scores more than his Xg. I'm also convinced that dribbling is important to a striker esp AF, strikers without a high rating seem to not do so well. Menendez looks like he will be a better striker though as his stats are already showing.

Yeah, I keep downplaying him because of long shots, headers and natural fitness, but at the same time, he’s already shown that he’s great, I was more looking for an outside eye on him... :-)

Season Review 2040-41

Completed this 2 seasons ago, but still playing so thought I'd update as long as I'm playing, not sure how much longer that will be!

Won my third Champions League in a row, beating Man City 1-0 in final - fixtures.

Won the super cup, beating Marseille 3-0. Won my 15th Bulgarian Premier League in a row, missing out on an invincible season by 1 game, which happened late on so I was disappointed as was about 4 games away!

I am now the number 1 ranked club in Europe, and Bulgaria have now climbed to 6th in coefficients, which means 2 automatic group stage places (which is a joke as normally the Bulgarian clubs are rubbish in Europe besides me - although this year 2 of them did make the semi's of the European Conference, and Getafe beat Levski in the final, but in the 20 years of this save that's the only time a Bulgarian club has done anything apart from me.

Finances remain ridiculous, I still struggle at times with FFP though, I think as I built up a huge pile of cash, didnt spend much for years, then a year or 2 ago went ona massive spending spree, so wound up having to sell some players due to FFP!

Best players  - Valentino Romic - best keeper I ever had,  @jmarchandsigned him from Rijeka for £40m, worth every penny, he is phenomenal. Keeper is a position I've never worried about in FM really, just always got a cheap bosman and rolled with it, even at a big club have never spent tons on a keeper, but this guy has probably been the best player of the save, just in the big moments, consistent, never injured, won me the Champions League last year saving 3 pens in the shootout, he is world class.

Augusto - great striker, constantly turning down bids for him.

Einsedel - I paid Hertha £90m for him last year, worth it, he scored the winner in champions league final, he is one of the best players in the world.

Manea-injured a bit this season after 2 incredible seasons, still top notch though. 

Same with Martinez, unstoppable for years, cruciate injury this year, anonymous when he came back, im tempted to punt him in the summer, still think id get a fortune for him, its crazy to say but we could cope with losing him. Used to score a free kick a week, but he's just not involved as much anymore.

Hajradinovic - great Bosnian midfielder, never lets me down.

Ferrer - I paid Villareal £50m for him in the summer, not hard to see why.

Mateus -this is why I'm ok if Martinez went, got this guy from Brazil for £30m, he looks special.

Home grown players from youth academy

The 2 best I have produced by far - Ayoub Madi, now French international striker, I feel like I should sell either Augusto or Manea to give this guy a run, he deserves it he could be amazing. Doesn't seem to do it on the big stage, gets hat tricks domestically, but we win 5-0 every week so that's not too difficult, but i cant rely on him in champions league.

Stoyan Neykov - reliable winger, I'm wasting him as he doesn't get enough game time to develop, i should probably loan him out or something.

So I have my first ever world club championship, toying with idea of doing that then ending the save. I have said that every season though then i want "one more year". It seems pointless to end the save once you get to top of the tree, want to enjoy being the big club and throwing the money about and just winning trophies for a few years!

15 hours ago, aldojags said:

@jmarchand love seeing your updates and how Matas continues to dominate, love the "beating players repeatedly" and flair of 19, must be a joy to watch!

Thanks! You've been doing great in Bulgaria too, really going to the top of the world!

Regarding Matas, he is indeed a joy to watch, somehow always coming strong in key moments. Generally, he's been sprinting past defenders and receiving passes from everywhere, controlling it with his chest, both feet or sometimes just volleying it directly behind the keeper.  

I also got him new friends to play with... :) Joao Felix available on a free transfer and willing to sign with us for a year? I won't say no to that, even if he's 33 now. 

image.thumb.png.c3b5f8e15453f29ed3b269c24c246c02.png

And Luciano Leon, a young regen from River was brought over for 2.5 M€ only and is already impressive, with 11 goals in 8 matches, in a 3 man rotation with Matas and Menéndez. And that offered a nice relief for my disease of signing promising strikers from non-EU countries... 

image.thumb.png.bcf03fa3e9f09eee2f7641653a6349b1.png