FM21 Global (Less England) Small Club to Big Club Challenge

image.png.a5d215e7746ed3c6339fb4afa47f097b.png

Spartak Pleven Season Review 2033-34

Same old story, domestic treble (League, Bulgarian Cup and Bulgarian Super Cup), for 2nd year in a row I got out my champions league group, frustratingly giving up a 4-2 first leg win over AC MIlan in the first knockout round, to lose 4-1 away, and continue my dreadful record against the European big teams (although I did beat Dortmund twice in the groups!).

Really hitting a brick wall in Champions League, I just cant hold onto my best players long enough to build a team to compete. My plan is to persist, and try and build the Bulgarian leagues profile, which I've done to an extent, now the 9th ranked competition in Europe, and this season coming is first year I get automatically into group stages. I'm ranked 18th in Europe now as a club too, so I'm "knocking on the door" of the big clubs, I just cant beat them!

Player of the season, Juan Martinez - world class. Will be surprised if he's still here next season. 

Finances are ridiculous, I've never had this much money in FM, ever! I just keep accepting bids of silly money from Chinese clubs for my players, Ive been turning down bids too so I could have way more than this. Considering I play in a poor country, with hardly any TV or prize money, and average gate of 13k a week, I just shouldn't have this much cash! Had to sell my star player to Chelsea, he wasn't happy I rejected bid and unsettled dressing room, so he went for £54m!

New signings - Cortes, Hajradinovic (signed for £26m - stud!), Esperito da Santo - £24m from Monaco - stud!. Vlcek - top scorer. Garcia - £10m well spent!

Got this guy coming in in the summer for £7m. Think I'll flip him for £40-£50m in a few years he looks incredible. Got this guy coming in on a free transfer, think he'll be good for us!

Had a decent youth intake which I posted details of few posts up, heartbreakingly, I brought the French striker (ayoud?) into the squad at end of season, he scored in the cup semi, then did his cruciate ligaments - 6-9 months out. But got a few youngsters involved with 

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanvikens SK - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Squad | Table | Transfers

I didn't make the signings i wanted and as a result the team that started the season was a worse version of the team that finished last season and struggled as a result. A late run took the club clear of the bottom three to end the season in the relegation playoff. The club faced Hassleholm in the relegation playoff and won 1-0 away and then 4-2 at home to stay in the division. Not entered in the swedish cup.

Finances remain poor although the 30k for winning the playoff was welcome.

The club lost both wingers as Johnson decided he was too good for the club and the chairman sold Alchahin the day before the 1st game of the season, neither were properly replaced. I could not find a new CB, defensive CM  or LB and both FB's were appalling all season.   I could do with an upgrade on my strikers although this is less important as Avernas and Diawara were the best players.

A better set piece player would also be welcome as the club managed to get no penalties and scored just 1IDF, 2DF and 3 corners and generally looked less than threatening most of the time especially away.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2nd Div NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (22)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div North

13th

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (16)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

On 31/03/2021 at 22:40, aldojags said:

I get the frustration @Britrockbut 2 European finals you are on the right lines it'd be a shame to pack it in! Wee bit of a drop off this year but you obviously know what you're doing with the run you've had in the save so far!

I think the domestic annoyances blind me to the fact that we're actually doing really well! Like you say, two European finals is a pretty good achievement even if we lost both of them pretty comprehensively. I just need to take that next step to the Champions League so that financially we can compete with the big three and I'm worried I'll get stuck in a cycle where I can't improve upon the Conference League. Although if I keep making the final the Greek coefficient should keep improving to the point where we get more Champions League places which will definitely help!

21 hours ago, Britrock said:

I think the domestic annoyances blind me to the fact that we're actually doing really well! Like you say, two European finals is a pretty good achievement even if we lost both of them pretty comprehensively. I just need to take that next step to the Champions League so that financially we can compete with the big three and I'm worried I'll get stuck in a cycle where I can't improve upon the Conference League. Although if I keep making the final the Greek coefficient should keep improving to the point where we get more Champions League places which will definitely help!

yeh it's a frustration when you get stuck in a rut like that but you'll get the year where it all clicks!! keep at it daddio!

keep going @aldojags - you're not far off making that next step in Europe, and you are bringing in some good players there.  @Thebaker - tough season there but it was a step up and you survived so mission accomplished.  Good luck next season.

I think I need to try this again.  So Scotland this time, at East Kilbride.  Please note, I holidayed for two seasons, as there is a known bug after one season in Scotland.

Club Introduction

East Kilbride

East Kilbride F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

rAgMMX8.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Adequate         Adequate           Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Betfred Cup                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

East Kilbride

East Kilbride F.C. - Wikipedia

Season Summary

After a slow start, we dominated the league, securing the title with six games left to play.

Season Details

League Table - We were clearly the best side in the division, winning the league title and securing promotion, by a huge twenty four points.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We only won two of our opening nine games, but then went on a monster unbeaten run and won the league with ease.

Scottish Cup - A fantastic cup run as we made it to the quarter final before losing at home to top flight Motherwell.  The away win against Premier League outfit Hamilton Academicals is the clear highlight.

Betfred Cup - After finishing third in our group, we were eliminated at the first hurdle.

SPFL Trust Trophy - We went out in the first round, losing at home to Celtic Reserves.

Pre Season Friendlies - We only had time for three matches and we lost them all, so not an ideal way to start the season.

Squad - We have enough quality to compete for a play off place next season.

Squad Dynamics - After a tough start, this is now much better, though team cohesion needs some work.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - A huge number of free transfers arrived together with some loans, as I completely overhauled the squad.

Transfers Out - I raised over £20,000 in player sales as the fringe players departed.

Youth Candidates - A decent enough intake, with two players being offered professional contracts, of which right back Gary Hughes YP23A1 looking like the best prospect.

Finances - We are narrowly in the red though we are losing money each month.

Key Players

Ben Worman  - A return of 22 goals in 35 appearances represent an excellent first season at the club.

Harvey Davies - Teenage goalkeeper who won points on his own.

Jordan Rossiter - He only arrived in late January on a free transfer and is already one of the best players at the club.  The former Liverpool midfielder slotted into the side with ease.

Callum Smith - Versatile forward who I deployed on the right wing.  A solid campaign.

Jeremiah Chilokoa-Mullen - Another highly versatile player, he was usually used at right back.  A disappointing season from him as he is capable of so much more.

Next Season

I want to challenge for a play off place.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   None =               4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Adequate         Adequate           Regional   (1.50*)
2022/23    Adequate =           Adequate =        Adequate =            Adequate =       Adequate =         Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      46        31        9        6          82              37                 +45              67.39%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          46        31        9        6          82              37                 +45              67.39%             309 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2022/23    Scottish League Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Scottish League Two (2022/23)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Betfred Cup          Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Scottish League Two                   1st       Quarter final         Group stage          Promoted as champions.  SPFL Trust Trophy first round.

RW Essen

Season 0 -  2020/2021

Let's start this adventure. This is not my main save this year in footman but I hope I can update as much as possible ;).

Manager | Squad

Edited by gb2003

RW Essen

Season 2 -  2022/2023

4th place was great because I could play the playoffs (Bayern II can't promoted to 2.Bundesliga). I won the first game 3-2 against 1860 Munich but lost away 2-1 against them so they stayed in the 2.Bundesliga because of the away goals.

Koura was my best player this year with 39 goals in the league.

Stats | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Edited by gb2003

RW Essen

Season 3 -  2023/2024

Yes, we did it. We finished 2nd at the end of the season. 98 goals in the league is crazy. Koura had "only" 28 goals ( btw not the top scorer of the league) but I doesn't care. I play next year 2.Bundesliga. Lost both games again Bayern and against the 20th in the league. Missing points for the 1st place ;).

Stats | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Hope I can update the 2.Bundesliga season end of the week.

Want to present you Daniel Stefulj. I love this guy. Had so many better options in the last two years but he never wanted to leave RW Essen.

Fun fact: In real life his daddy played for RW Essen.

image.png.9d2b8c33e1d8909ce4c4c9aec6a01ba9.png

Veroia FC - 2031/32 end of season review

This season turned into quite the epic. With the season starting in the Europa Conference League second qualifying round in mid-July and ending in another (!) Conference League final 10 months later. In total we played a crazy 64 games and finally picked up our first piece of top level silverware!

The league campaign was easily our best so far, but the top teams are just one step above us. After the first 26 games (each team home and away) and going into the Championship round we were actually top of the league, but we only picked up 11 points from the 10 games in the Championship group while PAOK collected 22. This means that we ended the season in an annoying 3rd position, once again outside of the Champions League spots. We were just mowing teams down in the first part of the season, we had a 6-0 win, a 5-0 win and a 4-1 victory and were just trouncing the bad teams. It was all in our hands until 3 games left when we failed to beat Panathinaikos for the first time in 4 attempts in the league. That draw was followed by a loss to AEK and PAOK and we ended 8 points off the top. So close and yet so far once again. 

In a sign of PAOK's ridiculous financial position, they spent £46.5m on a striker from Man Utd in January. All of that money and he isn't as good as Lazarevic who I signed for £650k...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.591808b4be8134f2c1050a17c8d9a24e.png

image.thumb.png.8a68876abff1741a8ce01309d2a3b602.png

image.thumb.png.9ecf8cc2424b1e6f74bce261518bd993.png

image.png.d8ad8743b2b4786f449ff8910f513d54.png

The Kypello Ellados isn't something I've mentioned at all since I've been at Veroia as I've never actually done anything in it before, but this season we finally had a bunch of backups who were good enough to get out from the 5th and 6th rounds. A good draw gave us Super League 2 Apollon in the quarters and Panathinaioks in the semis and we reached the final for the very first time in club history to face AEK. We were outplayed for most of the game after conceding very early (a common occurrence vs AEK for some reason) but after going to very attacking late on we stole an equaliser in the 84th minute. We were then the better team through extra time but couldn't find a way through so we went to penalties. Silvestri missed our third, but their third and fourth players missed only for Stergidis to miss the potential winning 5th penalty. In sudden death we Parreno and Pavlakis scored and they missed their 7th and so we won the Kypello Ellados!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3ede9316403c9d20aab0d6d92e0a0b6f.png

image.png.ebe854436e4b93e817432c0e29f53102.png

image.thumb.png.16ecf5defcc05cfb960c1911a8df753c.png

In the Conference League, we made easy work of the qualifying rounds and ended in a nice comfy group with St Gallen, St Patrick's Athletic and Zulte Waregem. We won 5/6 with a draw in the 6th to easily win the group and take us to the knockout rounds again. For the third time we walked through the elimination rounds, beating Besiktas, Real Betis and Basel with relative ease. The final put us up against another English team however, this time Tottenham instead of Leicester. We were completely outplayed (as you'd expect) but somehow we took the lead in the 64th minute. We had a second goal ruled out for a marginal offside call 6 minutes later only to see Spurs equalise after 81 minutes. We took them to extra time and just like the cup final we made it to penalties. Nothing exciting this time though as Tubin missed the first and Wirz the third to see us lose 4-3. Three European finals three defeats. At least our club coefficient should be pretty strong now! In fact, if I'm looking in the right place Greece should be 6th in Europe next season so we get 2 entrants straight into the CL group stages with 3rd place getting a qualifying round spot. Maybe next year I can crack the top three again and actually make it to the promised land!

Spoiler

image.png.452b4dcbf8f5ca01f217dd8646ada9a1.png

image.png.bb7a3f74ee91c400ad288d49c9bcff85.png

We were fairly busy on transfers last summer and found a few players who turned into absolute studs. Baha Baloglu was signed on a free from Galatasary and played in 48 games, averaging a stonking 7.10. He's only just turned 19 and is hopefully going to be the bedrock of my defence for a long long time. Fabricio Leguizamon was another free, from Uruguay this time, and in my new 4312 he got plenty of playing time and banged in 16 goals in 26 appearances with 7 assists to boot. Half the EPL were sniffing around him in January but I kept them away and got him to sign a new deal so I'm hopeful of keeping him for a few more years now. Robertson and Pavlakis were both signed as rotational MC pieces and did the role very well through the season for me. Stiven Morales was signed on loan from PAOK and was a consistent performer up front, with Dehmel arriving in January after the board sold Lazarevic for £14m to Beijing. The only other significant departure was Fortuin who I sold back to Belgium after he never quite developed for me.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1384a726fee981ee3d15529b8e097ca6.png

image.png.4d8a5b559bd2c7b7fd1c754337e8193d.png

image.png.ebcf7251d0147cb51dd65efe166b15d8.png

image.png.01ec1740718b2a63a6c27b1f829fdbde.png

image.png.42adac189d01f752e60901d7a0e9af8b.png

image.png.f66cfd08e970be2e4516296b0737edcc.png

image.png.4b24b2274bccad8385898581394fdaa1.png

The stars of the show for the season were Wirz in goal (28 clean sheets in 53 appearances), Baha at the back, Martin racking up another 16 assists from midfield and Leguizamon up front. There was a lot of rotation as we played so many games, so a lot of players got a performance and most of them performed well. All the strikers contributed, with Jara on 11 the one I'm contemplating moving on as he just doesn't seem to have the "it" factor and regularly disappears. I've got Tolios in my U19 squad that I want to promote to take his place and I've got a 16 year old who looks very promising as well.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.70256277f37a1b467f8747685ade9e91.png

Financially we're ok, with the prize money from Europe keeping us afloat. I got the board to upgrade the facilities again, so we're slowly making improvements everywhere.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fa775a25196e6ec9b50a7f67155284d3.png

We're in the Europa League next season and with 3 places for the CL up for grabs I want one of them!

image.thumb.png.8a5afbfd54cdc3355a0a0f6649df0890.png

Things are getting serious as I managed to convince the board to buy our stadium. Don't think I've ever done this before, hopefully we can expand it in the future!

image.png.713470d70921d8db735e420dbb7ca45c.png

@Britrockgreat progress! Silverware, stadium, and getting to a european final again. The breakthrough in the league is coming soon i can sense it 👍

i missed previous posts about paok, do they have a benefactor? How does a greek club have that money? 

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started off this season in really strong form and was battling for the title until about halfway through the season when a poor run sent the team down the table. Thereafter Dalkurd were clear in 1st and the team was in a 3 way battle for 2nd.

Going into the last game (against 3rd) the team were in 2nd place and 2 points clear of 4th. A draw was enough to get into the promotion playoff against Jonkopings. In the 1st leg at home the team went 4-0 up before being pegged back to 4-2. In the 2nd leg a sending off for my team meant they were up against it and lost 4-0 chasing the game at the end.

In the swedish cup the team went past a lower division side in the 1st rd before drawing premership Elfsborg in the 2nd rd. The team lost 2-5 at home.

Finances are continuing to go down and are beginning to look quite poor.

The squad was particularly strong in attack with Diawara and Kucys forming a really potent partnership. Avernas also chipped in with a few. From the wing Pyne-Cole had a great season but left at the end along with Uppenberg as the squad wasn't good enough.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2nd Div NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (22)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div North

13th

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (16)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (16)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Apologies if there is a known bug with this, but is there a penalty bug with game?

ive noticed it over a few seasons, but last season and this season ive been taking note of it, last year, i had 11 penalties, scored 3, missed 8. This year so far ive had 5, missed 4, scored 1!!

added to this, i legitimately dont remember last time my keeper saved one. Andwhen i began noticing it last uear i put penalties into my training once a month, and its worse this hear! So in a season and a half, ive had 16 pens, and scored 4 of them! A lot of different takers, but all high attributes 

i cant be imagining this!?

2 hours ago, aldojags said:

Apologies if there is a known bug with this, but is there a penalty bug with game?

ive noticed it over a few seasons, but last season and this season ive been taking note of it, last year, i had 11 penalties, scored 3, missed 8. This year so far ive had 5, missed 4, scored 1!!

added to this, i legitimately dont remember last time my keeper saved one. Andwhen i began noticing it last uear i put penalties into my training once a month, and its worse this hear! So in a season and a half, ive had 16 pens, and scored 4 of them! A lot of different takers, but all high attributes 

i only missed 1 out of 7 last season, its rare to see a missed penalty in my game even though the takers are only 9 or 10 in penalties for my team or the opposition. Perhaps its the standard of the keepers in yours.

Sestao River Club - Wikipedia

Francisco | Sestao River Club | Spain | 2039/40 (Season 19)

In a complete shock to nobody at all, we were predicted to finish bottom this season. This has probably been my least favourite season of the save. With how we got on last season, I thought that a couple of strong signings could see us cement our place in the upper reaches of the mid-table, but for whatever reason we really struggled to string anything together. By the time we found anything resembling some form, we had already been relegated. I'm absolutely gutted and haven't been able to will myself to open the game for a few days as a result, but I've not been sacked so we go again. The stadium has at least been expanded to a capacity of 22,125, which is nice, and we've got a healthy bank balance built up, but I suspect it won't be too many seasons without promotion before it will dry up.

Competitions | Transfers | Youth Intake | Fixtures Part 1 & Part 2 | New Records/PotS | Finances | Best XI (All-Time)

It's difficult to praise any individuals this season, although Marcos Gori was tipped to get an Argentina call-up toward the end of the season (but he didn't get it). Top scorer was Rareş Florea, but with only 13 that's not saying much. Lozaro had a terrible season and will be off in the summer.

Another good looking intake sees Sergio Martínez (YP19a)Rubén Aranburu (YP19b) and Oier Lasheras (YP19c) come through. Once again I'm not totally sold on them at this time, but I'm prepared for them to need time to grow. None of our academy graduates really did much to trouble the first team squad this season.

Basque count: 2 players (At least 10 starts, or 20 games overall)

18 hours ago, aldojags said:

My keepers have saved a few over the years but the vast majority are scored. My takers only have 13-14 for penalty taking as well

Table | Squad | Transfers

This was an indifferent season where the team were always just outside of the top 2 sides without really being in a position to get into those spots. The teams performances against teams at the bottom was particularly poor and the main reason for the drop off in position and points. A poor end meant the team finished 6th. In the swedish cup the team eased past D1N Enskede in the first rd before meeting premier Norrkoping away in the 2nd rd. The team went into extra time at 2-2 with 10 men but after losing another player to injury lost 2-5.

Finances improved as the cup game against Norrkoping was switched to away and the club earned 70k from it.

My transfers didn't really work, Bengtsson was good but Malteskog was awful and the shortest CB i realized I've ever seen and failed to notice at the time of signing. Martin is a swiss u-21 who i somehow signed but he was injured for 4 months. Due to not being able to replace pyne-cole he played at LM but that didn't work and i swapped him over with Hansen.

Player performances were average and the goal contribution was almost nil apart from Diaware and Kucys.

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

2nd Div NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (22)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Promoted via playoffs

1st Div North

13th

Not entered

N/A

Diawara (16)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

2nd

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (16)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

1st Div North

6th

2nd Rd

N/A

Diawara (25)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Season Review 2035-36 (first of a double season review)

Won the league

Knocked out in group stages of Champions League again, and didn't turn up in Europa League.

Best player was again Juan Martinez, I'm knocking bad bids all the time for him, highest was £159m from Man City - I probably regret that one, but he's my favourite FM player for years I'm determined to keep him as long as possible.

Signed this incredible keeper for £40m, and he's been worth every penny.

Finances continue to be the healthiest I've ever had in FM.

Some of the youth prospects that featured in first team, all home grown from my own academy. 

Ayoub Madi - suffered torn ACL almost the minute he was signed from youth candidates team, but he has obvious potential.

Mirosalv Botev - steady player in the number 10 role. Unfortunately plays in same position as Martinez so he'll likely not develop much beyond his current stats, but he's decent enough.

Miroslav Stefanov - like the look of him, need to get him some more minutes.

Nikolov - pacy right winger, coaches report him as a future star so i am persevering with him when I can. Ludogorets have offered me £9m for him on a few occasions, I am not selling as I dont need the money and I dont fancy facing someone with his pace as I've sold a few pacy wingers to other teams in the league and they always score against me.

Stoyan Neykov - winger I like to play as inverted winger on the left.

Ventisalv Malinov - the pick of the bunch. Future international and regular starter when he fully develops surely.

Manager profile

Manager stats

Bulgaria profile - they actually made it to the Euros! Bulgarian league has moved up quite a bit in the rankings since I came along, but most the top players still play outwith Bulgaria, so unsure how much I;ve had to do with it! But still nice to see them make a tournament!

Same old same old, just cant get it done in Europe, despite me having a run of qualifying from my group, and reaching 2 Europa leage finals in3 years, I now just capitulate it seems, very frustrating!

It's a wee bit boring as the domestic stuff is so routine now, that the European failures are beginning to sour the save for me. As you'll see from my next season review, not much has changed...

Season Review 2036-37

Won the league, now 11 in a row. If you'd told me I'd be 11 in a row and having never saw the quarter final of the champions league i think i'd have just deleted the save then!

Huge disappointment in Champions league - I somehow win my first two games, away from home, to Roma and Barcelona! Then proceed to get knocked out the group. Unbelievable. I then got pumped out the Europa in the quarters from Port0/.

Best player continues to be Martinez, what more needs said, world class. My GK, Romic, is right up there also, he is top notch.

Martin Vlcek had a good season. As did Arturzinho.

Continued to give some youth it's shot when able, Stefanov continues to develop, think he'll be a first teamer for me or at least bench player, and Malinov is already playing regularish for me, love his versatility too.

Youth Preview

Actual intake

Finances - I'm rich. Got a bit a bored tonight so have spent a ton of cash, have a few players arriving in the summer that I dont really need but just wanted to spend! Horvoka coming in for £18m. I have signed so many players from Slavia Prague they are kinda an unofficial feeder team for me, I think this kid could be special. 

Flavio Augusto coming in for £18m - young but undeniably talented.

Dusan Cvijovic - likewise, young but huge potential, he's costing £5m.

Club vision.

Bulgaria profile - they got to the Euro's last year as I mentioned in above post, lost 2 and won 1 of the group games, knocked out, but still pleased they made it to a tournament and hopefully can rise up the rankings and increase our reputation as a nation.

So to summarise, same as previous season, same as previous 5-10 seasons! How can I win in Rome, and Barca to start the group, then still crash out. I did not lay a glove on Liverpool in the 2 games, couldn't get out my own half. I don't know what to do, I have a squad packed full of top class players, all my midfielders are wanted by the giants of Europe, my forwards too. I recognise that I am probably too weak in defence, but finding high quality defenders, that want to come to me, is a bit difficult. It's probably the missing link, as I have a great keeper. 

Past day or 2 I've though about stepping away for a bit, just doing through the motions and not enjoying it as much being stuck in this limbo. See how I feel, may have one more season at it! I want to see how long I can hold onto Martinez, and some of the youth I'm getting through is of a decent standard, want to see if i can get a few more in the national team.

@aldojags- that's tough with those groups, really hard teams. You need to get to a point where you are the 3rd ranked side and have a couple of easy games to win, that way wins against the others is enough to qualify usually. 

I played in hungary last year and had much the same issue. i wasn't even able to nick many players from slavia as they were better than me and paying huge wages, they had some great players though.

@ThebakerI have for some strange reason moved up 8 places in European rankings to 12th, I have no idea why as I've had some poor years there, but I'll take it! So I'll now be in 2nd seedings pot, if I don't qualify next year I'll be fuming!

Yeh I can poach from all the eastern european teams, slavia prague, the belgrade teams in Serbia always have talented youngsters, I can usually buy anyone I want from those teams, toughest one to sign from is Dinamo in Croatia, they don't really part with their stars as cheap as the other teams do!!

One of my favourite parts of a long term save at one club is when players have been with you long enough that they can change their nationality. I've had a few players do it while at Veroia, all of them giving the reason that basically "it's much easier to get in the Greek national team than my birth country's" :lol: The only one for whom that has actually worked however is Alonso Martin. After he passed the 7 years it takes to get Greek nationality, he immediately got himself a passport and since then has started in every international I believe, with 6 caps and 1 goal so far.

image.png.e2b07a5eef16b2933d9259b05989730e.png

Veroia FC - 2032/33 end of season review

What a load of dross. I didn't make any moves in the summer to try and improve the team, thinking I could just run things back and stick in the top 3. That didn't work out as planned, and we were bumbling along in 6th come January so I went big. I sold Simoes, Kristjansson and Sanchez to China for about £38m total and used that with the idea of reinvigorating the team. I signed 6 players with the money (and also invested it in getting 2 training facility upgrades), but after that things didn't go well. We ended the season in 6th and will go back into the Europa Conference League yet again. I know need to sell off a few more players in the summer to make sure we don't go bankrupt next year!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e25687100bae8d35977ba7859e9beb92.png

image.thumb.png.9eb77bb5e23c1e7c96677da5b0a17e3e.png

image.thumb.png.53fee1482e88f224f8287876ba5c5dd6.png

I paid a frankly ridiculous amount for this guy (£16m + £32.5k/pw wages), but he has everything I want in a striker. He took a few games to get going but had a good run of a few games before I instant resulted the last 4 games to finish the season quickly and stopped paying attention to how people were performing

Spoiler

image.png.0823ce94674fe6d0dce6f7660cf39179.png

The summer is a chance for a rethink and to work out what we're going to do moving forwards. There is a solid team in there I'm sure of it, I just need to fit all the pieces into the right holes.

image.thumb.png.81fddf6a2a289f68ff99686b36adf6a5.png

7 hours ago, gb2003 said:

@aldojags Martinez is great. With 20 freekick he should score more goals or is he not your 1st choice for the fk?

No he is my main fk taker, and to be fair its almost like a penalty when he lines up a free kick, scores a lot of them. I prob rotate too much for him to get 20+ goals. He is by far best player in Bulgaria he sticks out like a sore thumb!