FM21 - Training - Weak Foot no Longer Trainable?

I started the Beta and was going through some players and wanted to try and train some players (both 1st team and youth) who had poor weak foots and I didn't see "train weak foot" as an option under technique training the way it has been.  The only related option there was to train a player to avoid using his weak foot, but no option to improve his weak foot.  Am I missing something, has is changed location or for some unknown reason does SI believe that improving your weak foot is "unrealistic" or some such?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive got a player who is attempting to develop his weaker foot in his spare time. This is a young player with great potential and brilliant mental attributes.

Its a bit of a silly decision by SI to remove the option to suggest a player develops his weaker foot. From watching real life football for over 20 years, I’ve seen players benefit immensely from improving their weaker foot.

I can accept it’s not something a coach can train per se so I can see why SI might think it shouldn’t be in the game. I think they have this wrong. As a manager I should be able to ask a player to improve their weaker foot. Whether they choose to do so is up to them!

Perhaps training an “inverted” role will help them improve ?

On 14/11/2020 at 23:27, Barcafan27 said:

I suspect they just removed it.  There are a lot of other traits that are no longer available to train, such as "dictates tempo" and "plays one twos."

I was looking for the same thing earlier, plays one-twos is still there it's under movement training, but tbh I think playing one twos and through balls should be something on the team Instructions, maybe a trait training to improve the frequency with which they execute said moves yeah but why can't we just tell our team to try threading through balls