Hi, my game is not fitting on the screen properly in the FM 21 beta see the photo attached.

Is this a bug or do I need to fix something in the settings? 

I've played around with the resolution, zoom and windowed mode since this screenshot and have been able to fix it slightly but still not perfect.

I've never had this problem in any FM before or game for that matter.

- T1399186399_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.c06c5a73b3b2dfc7ea963d07982665a2.pnghanks 

12 hours ago, liverpool_877 said:

Hi, my game is not fitting on the screen properly in the FM 21 beta see the photo attached.

Is this a bug or do I need to fix something in the settings? 

I've played around with the resolution, zoom and windowed mode since this screenshot and have been able to fix it slightly but still not perfect.

I've never had this problem in any FM before or game for that matter.

- T1399186399_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.c06c5a73b3b2dfc7ea963d07982665a2.pnghanks 

Hi this is something we can looking into.

Can you provide the following information so we can report back to the dev team, please?:

System resolution:

In-game resolution:

Windowed mode/full screen:

Graphics Card Driver:

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you provide the following information so we can report back to the dev team, please?:

System resolution:

In-game resolution:

Graphics Card Driver:

Hi

Not the original poster but having the same issue, 50% zoom very far away and then 85% too close, see screenshots

Windows 10

1920 x 1080

1920 x 1080

Fullscreen

i5-4460 (Intergrated GPU)

50fm.png

85fm.png

15 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

System resolution:

In-game resolution:

Graphics Card Driver:

Hi thanks for the reply find the requried information below.

System resolution: 1920 x 1080

In-game resolution: 1920 x 1080

Full screen

Graphics card: Intel (R) UHD Graphics 620

I have two issues. One, the page a bit too big for the screen and cuts the the buttons at the bottom of the screen and two, the mouse pointer does not align properly with the buttons (buttons slightly lower).  It is Beta after all

1 hour ago, mateusg said:

J'ai deux problèmes. Un, la page un peu trop grande pour l'écran et coupe les boutons en bas de l'écran et deux, le pointeur de la souris ne s'aligne pas correctement avec les boutons (boutons légèrement plus bas). C'est Beta après tout

Pareil pour moi 

Le pointeur ne s'aligne pas correctement... 

9 hours ago, mateusg said:

I have two issues. One, the page a bit too big for the screen and cuts the the buttons at the bottom of the screen and two, the mouse pointer does not align properly with the buttons (buttons slightly lower).  It is Beta after all

same here it is unplayable, a lot of people say to make the zoom 85% but it makes it worse as the buttons on the bottom get even farther down

2 hours ago, Kaustin98 said:

I am having this problem when I very first start the game fresh from download. It will not let me move on as the bottom of the screen is cut off?

9881B501-B12D-40AF-9893-20D022623F6F.png

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue, it's one we're aware of and investigating as noted in our Known Issues thread - 

https://community.sigames.com/topic/532894-crash-and-tech-known-issues/

Thanks.

Thanks dantkelly!

Yeah, we are looking into this, but at least on Windows, you can do the fullscreen/windows swap (and back again) with left alt + enter key

There is also scaling in the game, but also the Safe Zone to make sure nothing is cut off - if you use the Safe Zone option use the up + down arrow keys to adjust the FM window's size.

I have the solution, first do this :

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on Football Manager 2021-> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM201 through Steam

After this change to full screen ingame. You can now see the whole screen and the buttes will work correct also. You have to change to full screen every time ingame but better then the problems before where you can't play. 

Edited by Ripperpa
5 hours ago, Ripperpa said:

I have the solution, first do this :

- Open Steam and access your Games Library

- Right-click on Football Manager 2021-> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed

- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM201 through Steam

After this change to full screen ingame. You can now see the whole screen and the buttes will work correct also. You have to change to full screen every time ingame but better then the problems before where you can't play. 

Thankyou!

This is the first solution I have found that actually worked for me!

Hopefully they get a proper fix soon, but at least its playable for now!

Same problem here even with the full game updated... Now after the game initiates i can't even click on any button... the buttons are completely off grid and can't do anything just press enter to enter the game or enter to "Yes" after i force the shutdown from steam.

In Beta i was able to play but the screen was not fitting... tried every resolution option combined with 100% 95% 85% and 50%.... the 50% option solved the problem but hell no... everything is so small...

Computer
Macbook Pro 13' Early 2015

1280x800

Also tried the "-small_screen -windowed" via steam but then the game just won't start.

With FM2020 i had no problems running the game in 125% option retina display.

Edited by eyetoshi

Are they just ignoring this now? All’s I keep seeing as ‘we are aware’ and ‘will hopefully have a fix soon’ ... they have been aware of this issue since Beta 2 weeks ago, now they are charging people money for the full game without fixing it?? The game is unplayable for a lot of people who had NO ISSUES running FM20. Guess it’s more important to hit deadlines and make money than to have the game actually working. Never had any issues with the football management team but this is a 💩show! 

6 minutes ago, rickmof said:

Are they just ignoring this now? All’s I keep seeing as ‘we are aware’ and ‘will hopefully have a fix soon’ ... they have been aware of this issue since Beta 2 weeks ago, now they are charging people money for the full game without fixing it?? The game is unplayable for a lot of people who had NO ISSUES running FM20. Guess it’s more important to hit deadlines and make money than to have the game actually working. Never had any issues with the football management team but this is a 💩show! 

Completely agree. Never had problems with any FMs in the past and every time I load up the game it crashes. Haven't even made it past creating my manager yet!

For me its only since the update the beta was working and ive got a decent save running with watford today on load up just crashes and wont allow me to play the save. Seems the upgrade has screwed the entire game v frustrating this.

I have also had this but it seems to be working through the small screen windowed preference. However, for some reason, whenever I try to press continue after a match has finished it does not allow me and I have lost my save quite a few times. Any advice