[FM21]I Heard You’re A Player.Nice To Meet You,I’m The Manager.

March 2049

Fixtures

fe002933adf38578dbeab24c0dab222e.png

League Table

12bae6dd8c6a2d1fc18572f096d4ea34.png

We won our league game quite easily as we ran out 2-0 winners over Resources Capital,there wasn't any problems coming out of the game and this match actually secured us qualification for the Confederation Cup next season,this win also kept us three points ahead of Kitchee who beat Eastern AA during the month.Our match against Eastern AA was actually an unfair result on the opposition as the only reason why we won it was due to being more clinical as Eastern AA were actually the better side in the game,quite harsh on the opposition but I am laughing as I am the one in the final.

Three games in April,one in the league,one in the FA Cup and one in the Sapling Cup.In the league we are facing Eastern District,again it should be an easier game for us as they have quite a leaky defence and our attack has been sensational this season as we are the second highest scorers in the league.In the FA Cup we are facing HKFC in the semi-final,we have the weakest team in the draw so I am expecting us to win and move onto the final.We are the only confirmed team in the Sapling Cup final,we will be facing the winners of Kitchee and TSW Pegasus,no matter who we will be facing it will be a difficult match but at least this competition doesn't matter although I do want to win it.We will also be having our next youth intake so I am quite excited to see who we get through.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Intake 2049

a2645d4eea6f4a4d7fb894e95f8f9524.png

Ng Ho Man

Hon Chun Yu

Lo Wai Lok

Wong Chun Yin

The most unsurprising thing about this intake was that when it came through it got the golden generation line and from what I can see there are several of the players coming through who would actually improve the first team.Ng Ho Man and Hon Chun Yu would find it a bit harder to feature straight off in the first team as there are quality players ahead of them and Hon Chon Yu would need a bit of extra work as I don't use MR or ML in my current formation so he will need training to AML or AMR.

Lo Wai Lok and Wong Chun Yin on the other hand have an easy path into the first team,my defence is that weak in comparison to the attack that Wong Chun Yin is actually regarded as the second best DC in the team behind one of my new signings!Lo Wai Lok is a very useful player as he can play either DC or DR but I think I will train him in the DR role so he has a natural rating in it like DC,this would beneficial in the future as he won't lose much if he becomes more familiar with a role.

April 2049

Fixtures

faf42ae843c2e937cb4db7d01b7fc110.png

Table

7a45532c34999af491afd816696a89b3.png

We kicked the month off with the FA Cup against HKFC,I thought we were more than strong enough to get the win and we did so with an emphatic 6-0 win which means we moved onto the final.Up next was the Sapling Cup final,we gave it our best shot but in the end we fell just short as we lost 3-2 to kitchee,can't really complain about the result as they were the better side and should of won in ninety minutes instead of extra time,this means it's 1-1 when it comes to the trophy count this season.We responded brilliantly in the league as we thumped Eastern District 6-0,they were never in contention in the match and the score line showed that,it was great to see that we kept our three point lead at the top and with two games left to play,it is still up for grabs.

We're into the final month of the season where we will play three times,two in the league and one in the FA Cup.In the league we are facing Eastern AA and Southern District,we have a slight lead in the league but that means nothing now as we need to match or better Kitchee's results in the league if we are to clinch the title,the goal difference is far too close for my liking as one defeat could see us end up in second place and that will be very annoying after we have topped the table from the start so far.In the FA Cup final we will be facing Kitchee,when it comes to finals this season it is one a piece as we beat them in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield final and they have just beat us in the Sapling Cup final,I smell a competitive rivalry brewing here.We met the board's expectations of reaching the final but I hope to go one better and win the cup.

May 2049

Fixtures

3d69118996093f7d288092bade67f1cc.png

Table

c29f141f3a7d51eea5665418d8b7cda4.png

We ended up picking up one more trophy as we won the league title,we actually won the league title against Eastern AA as the first choice to decide the title is results between the two teams and I won one and drew the other against Kitchee hence why we won the title against Eastern AA,the other league match against Southern District was annoying as we should of won that but my attackers failed to turn up and we ended up drawing.As for the FA Cup final,we had a miserable time in the run up as we lost three players to injury which took our tally to five missing for the game,my luck didn't improve much in the game as we were reduced to ten men late on and they took full advantage of the numbers as they netter the winner in injury time.This means it was two trophies a piece for ourselves and Kitchee this season.I can see this being a pattern for quite some time.

End of Season update to follow then onto the 2049/50 season and our first go at the Champions League!

b90673bb9b2ea068764974c57aee1494.png

Hong Kong Rangers - Hong Kong First Division League - End of Season - 2048/49

Season Review

Transfers - Released - Youth

The cut-off dates for the transfer window and league reset have kind of messed up the screenshots for this.Three players were released as they were not good enough and wanted too much money while one player left the club to join someone else on a free transfer.We bought in five players in total,four appeared on the 47/48 screen shot while one other appeared on this screenshot,the five players were all for the first team and cost us a grand total of £0.Yoon-Suk Kim comes in as my foreign Asian player and will play a massive part in the DC role,the one unusal thing about him is that he came through at one of my old clubs which was Persita Tangerang before being released.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Hong Kong First Division League - Winners

691a69ea753464409416d60db8271d86.png

It was a very close race between ourselves and Kitchee from start to finish and there was never more than a three point difference in the race but we snuck over the finish line and won the title by one point.We would of won the title if we finished on the same points anyway due to having a better head to head in the league against them.

Hong Kong FA Cup - Runner-Up

79e5d6fa7ec6ac8498d71c788d949a47.png

We easily beat TSW Pegasus and HKFC in our run to the final.The final saw us have a bad time in the lead up as we ended up missing five player for the game due to injuries,the game itself saw us reduced to ten men late on after a sending off and Kitchee netted the winner in injury time.It was a fair result in the end but we will get our moment in the FA Cup one day,

Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield - Winners

3e9c11e61b6ce3b2824367e716bca381.png

Again no problems in the quarter final and semi-final as we easily dispatched of Eastern AA and Resources Capital to make it to the final.Once again it was a close game but this time we edged it out against Kitchee as we lifted the Hong Kong Senior Challenge Shield after a narrow 2-1 victory.

Sapling Cup - Runner-Up

bba280c5691f42532156e6fff438996d.png

We easily topped our group stage which contained TSW Pegasuds,Resources Capital and Happy Valley with a 100% win record.We played Eastern AA in the semi-finals,I think there is a bug with the screenshot as it is shown us winning the game while drawing 1-1,we actually won that game 3-1 but I think it is only showing what happened in 90 minutes as it took extra time to get past them.We played Kitchee in the final again and once again we lost 3-2 to them (despite what the screenshot says!),no complaints about the result as the better team won the match.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

97fb4d7e5a21f78e3386a57f28197e65.png

Chau Chun Pong

Lee Joyce

Lionel Mpondo

Tse Chun Ho

Keiran Hillier

Manager's Thoughts

What a fight this season turned out to be as ourselves and Kitchee matched either other blow for blow and both of us walked out of this season with two trophies.I think my win of the league was the biggest of the trophies up for grabs as winning the title means we will be going straight into the group stage of the Champions League next season so that is massive for us and I hope we can build up from here.We had some excellent performances which was mainly in attack but I was able to easily identify where we need to improve and last seasons youth intake actually helped massively as that give us bit more depth in defence.We have one foreign spot which will be free in the summer but I will be replacing him with someone who plays in the same position as I want a better option in that position.My main aim is to strengthen the team in the Summer as I want us to push for the title again and maybe even win more silverware.

For next season I want us to at least finish top two for the Champions League spots,try for more silverware and give a good showing in the Champions League.I know where we need to strengthen so I will be doing that as soon as possible.Nothing will be getting upgraded as we cannot afford to,we are now back in the black and we have £68k in the banks so as you can see there is no chance of us getting a facility upgrade.I will state now though,if the Kitchee job ever came up then I'd attempt to get it as they have the best setup in the country,they have a lot of money and it would be easier to win the Champions League with but for now I will see what I can do at Hong Kong Rangers.

Career Stats

Link (For entire career)

2f8e24b969a28919fd829a9414e23f90.png

You finished with the HK Rangers....Nice! I played with them in a now aborted ROTW Journeyman.....that saw me travel to India (Chennai City), HK Rangers, and South Africa can't remember the team (It was founded and named after someone who played in the NASL with Pele!)

Are you going to take a break from FM?

Or are you going to start a nice relaxing save with your favorite team?

11 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

You finished with the HK Rangers....Nice! I played with them in a now aborted ROTW Journeyman.....that saw me travel to India (Chennai City), HK Rangers, and South Africa can't remember the team (It was founded and named after someone who played in the NASL with Pele!)

Are you going to take a break from FM?

Or are you going to start a nice relaxing save with your favorite team?

Still going to carry on with HK Rangers,I foresee an epic rivalry with Kitchee forming and I will beat them to the Champions League :D 

I think the South Africa team might be Jomo Cosmos as that is the only team I can think of with Cosmos in the name and Pele played at New York Cosmos.

No breaks from FM for me,updating maybe a bit infrequent at times due to work but I will be carrying on.

I won't be playing a relaxing save with my favourite team,I don't like to play games on beginner setting :lol:

Great save ! i'm in love with your topic name :) how did u came up with that ?

Thought about managing in North Korea ?

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Great save ! i'm in love with your topic name :) how did u came up with that ?

Thought about managing in North Korea ?

For the topic name I just changed it slightly,the original quote was "I heard you're a player,nice to meet you I am the coach" but I can't remember where I saw it though.As we are playing FM I decided to change coach to manager.

Honestly never thought about managing in North Korea,if I did an A-Z with add on leagues it would be a possibility but I think there is only one file I know of in a megapack for 21.4 or I'd have to do that sort of thing in 21.3.I wouldn't manage in North Korea if it was just a one club save though.

Hong Kong Rangers - Hong Kong First Division League - Pre-Season - 2049/50

Season Preview - Expectations

As usual the cut off date has screwed things so the screen shots are of "this season".Truth is we released seven players as they were not good enough for the first team and with a combination of that and higher wages,I couldn't warrant them a spot in the first team when I had youngsters just as good as them,the biggest player who was released was Iddrisu Addo who held one of the foreign player spots.One player also left the club on loan and that was Eric Kounasso who left on loan and this freed up a second foreign spot.We bought in seven players in total,two of these were Kitchee "rejects" and one of them has been capped 23 times by Hong Kong!We filled in both foreign spots who were like for like in their positions but these new foreign players are quite a big step up.

Pre-Season Fixtures

2c29ff9f225843b306370e0edc293ac6.png269cb05b425d61ae3f13b513f9d90e2c.png

A nice easy pre-season as we easily won every game we played using the 4-2-4 system we used from last season.The only annoying thing to come out of these pre-season fixtures is that one of my new MC's managed to get injured between the HKFC and Club Wanderers games and was ruled out for up to seven weeks which means he misses the start of the season!

The Team

4c222153599fcf1b58bb2e814c316d95.png7e925cc43e79e79410842cb9800138b5.png

Lee Joyce

Chau Chun Pong

Wong Chun Hin

Guido Carli

Juan Guardiola

Manager's Thoughts

My overall thoughts is that I am really happy with how I have improved the squad with the signings I have made,we have even added international experience to the team in the shape of Wong Chun Hin who left Kitchee on a free after having most of is appearances last season being sub appearances.My general belief was that we were closing the gap on Kitchee in regards to the strength of the team as a whole but that belief has been shattered as Kitchee went out and spent £190k on one player and that is the second biggest transfer involving a Hong Kong club with the first biggest also being Kitchee which occurred in the 32/33 season.No real issues to speak of with the only exception being Carli getting injured during pre-season which means he is a serious doubt for the first game of the season.

My aims for this season is to be like last season and go head to head for every single trophy against Kitchee again and I want to end this season with more trophies than they did,they won three trophies to our two last season and I want to get do better than them this season.As for the Champions League,I just want a good showing from the team as I seriously doubt we are getting past the group stages,this team is quite a bit weaker than my Melaka side who the Champions League and we will probably look at 2053 at the earliest so our current crop of youngsters have time to develop as I don't see a bunch of youngsters who are under 18 winning the Champions League any time soon.To the new season and the new decade we go!

August 2049

Fixture

7ffae3b0522fd7a0d137f839398f6ed5.png

League Table

4e70492de83e3656c5a71496c160cb94.png

What a brilliant start that was as we picked up maximum points and start the season off as being the team at the top of the table.It was actually a very comfortable game as we were 2-0 up in the 88th minute when Happy Valley pulled one back,Chau Chun Pong decided he wanted his hat-trick and netted twice very late on to give us a 4-1 win.We also had some encouraging news off the field,our season ticket holders went from 47 to 63 which has netted us an extra £480 for the clubs finances,I know it doesn't sound a lot but at this level it is quite a bit so I am grateful to see that.

Three games in September,two in the league and one in the Community Cup.In the league we will be facing HKFC and Eastern AA,I would love us to keep our winning run going as we need to stay ahead of Kitchee and the only way to do that is by bettering everyone of their results,if we can finish the month at the top then that will be a couple of small steps closer to the title.In the Community Cup we are facing Eastern AA,I have no idea what this competition is as we were not in it last season,the board don't care about this competition but I want to win it as it is a trophy!

September 2049

Fixtures

f0a76d7c0d051a676bad8af698b4158c.png

League Table

7bc33858731a6cebea3ce7a4ffd2cd9c.png

We kicked the month off with the Community Cup and it was an ideal build up to the game as we lost eight players to international duty,with that being we did manage to win 2-0 despite being nowhere near our best but Eastern AA did finish the game with nine men after two sending offs,it's not often I come across a team who manage to out do me when it comes to being the worse disciplined team.In the league we picked up maximum points,we easily beat HKFC and we managed to beat Eastern AA 4-3,I generally thought we were going to lose that match as we were 3-1 down after 51 minutes but when Joyce pulled one back we then went into another gear and took full control of the match and eventually won,this win was made all the sweeter as Kitchee drew with Happy Valley so we now have a two point lead at the top.Off the pitch saw Carli return to full fitness and score on his debut,on the day it was announced he was fit we also received news that Guardiola was out injured for up to eight weeks,so get one key player back and lose another!

Four games in October,three in the league and one in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield.In the league we are facing Eastern District,Southern District and Kitchee,I am quite confident that I can get maximum points against the two district teams as I think our firepower will be too great for them.As for the Kitchee match,we are away from home so it will be a tough game but they have not been great up front as nearly all of their goals have come from their midfield so if we can nullify that then it may be possible to win the match.We kick off our campaign to retain the H.K Challenge Shield with a match against Eastern AA.we've already had two tough games against them in the last month and I am expecting a third but I think we can beat them again and I want to as the board want us to win the competition.

October 2049

Fixtures

1549f5cb434a3cd841d0cba191222f53.png

League Table

d7f88ced8d5eb9147de5fe083be7f516.png

What a month in the league it was as we on all three matches,we had zero problems in the game against Eastern District and Southern District and we fully deserved the maximum points we picked up in these two games.As for the match against Kitchee,I set out my plan of nullifying their midfield as that for me was the biggest threat and we did manage to do so although it did take to the 89th minute to actually win the game as we should of done earlier,the goal we conceded was a defender from a set piece which was quite annoying.As you can see we won both games in both cup competitions 8-0,I wouldn't read too much into this as we put out a near full strength teams both times while the opposition fielded fringe players and if I had known that then I would of done the same.Five point lead at the top and we are sitting pretty at the moment as we only have eight games left to play.

Two games in November and both of them are in the league,we will be facing HKFC and TSW Pegasus.I have been surprised with the start HKFC have made as I had expected them to be at the bottom so in this case I cannot afford to underestimate at any cost.TSW Pegasus have been struggling in defence and I think with how my attack has been then we should be able to win pretty easily,anything less than four points will be unacceptable as it is easily achievable and will keep us at the top.

Your form looks great, and you’ve hit the ground running.
I think the injuries are the only thing that looks like being a bother for you.

The clubs colours though are really vivid. Do you think that is a secret weapon on the pitch blinding the opposing team? :lol:

2 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

Your form looks great, and you’ve hit the ground running.
I think the injuries are the only thing that looks like being a bother for you.

The clubs colours though are really vivid. Do you think that is a secret weapon on the pitch blinding the opposing team? :lol:

If I didn't get an injury or a suspension quite frequently then we'd be in some sort of break or it's not my save :lol: 

It could be as we do have the brightest home kit in the league,I think it maybe the brightest kit at a club I've managed outside of Persita Tangerang which was bright pink!

Posted (edited)

Ngovember 2049

Fixtures

4e160741589388771b31317b9f75839a.png

League Table

f13dd888203b51662a6074464ce613e0.png

We picked up maximum points in November which saw us maintain our five point lead at the top of the table over Kitchee.We were slow to start in the match against TSW Pegasus as they actually took the lead and we responded brilliantly as we easily won the match 4-1.The HKFC match was tight in the first half as it went in at 1-1 then floodgates opened in the second half as we ran out 5-1 winners.I'd give this month an A rating as it was great but we conceded stupid goals which is why it doesn't get an A+.

Two games in December,one in the Sapling Cup and one in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield.In the Sapling Cup we are facing HKFC in matchday 2 of the Sapling Cup group stage,I am pretty confident we can win this comfortably which would then put us on the verge of qualifying for the next round.In the Senior Challenge Shield we are facing Kitchee in the semi-finals,this will be an extremely difficult match but we have beat them once this season so we could do it again if we can snuff out their midfield again,the only thing I can say about this game is that whoever wins will win the competition.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2049

Fixtures

aa293c457d4f936e91ba77b2d344dd8c.png

These two fixtures certainly turned out to be interesting as we were missing eight players due to international call ups for the u23 Asian Cup.Even with a weakened team we easily beat HKFC in the Sapling Cup which has left us with two wins from two with one game left.The Kitchee match was quite hilarious,a Hong Kong rangers side missing eight players vs a Kitchee side missing eleven players,so a battle of the two fringe teams ended up with us winning 4-1 which showed we have a better squad depth than the biggest team in Hong Kong.Onto the final we go!

We're kicking the new decade off by facing Happy Valley in the league....and in the Sapling cup....and in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield.It could possibly be the case that Happy Valley may not be so Happy come the end of January.For the league,no matter what the result we will still be top of the league come the end of January.I want us to win the Senior Challenge Shield game as it is the final while we have already qualified in the Sapling Cup so I am not bothered by that result.

Posted (edited)

Youth Intake Preview 2050

afd95f9331162316cbd387a7559fc104.png
I like the fact that it has the potential for a real golden generation for the club,the weird bit for me is that the intake preview is mainly yellow.I am glad to see we have a full back has plenty of promise,fingers crossed it's a DL as that role has been problematic for me.You can never have enough DC's so I am happy to see at least two look promising and a Striker just makes things better for me as I don't actually have a striker who is just one role so I am hoping that is the case here.

Edited by B.W.G

More good progression, and also into cup finals.

That youth intake suggests almost a whole back four plus a forward. Will be interesting to see what you get.

14 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

More good progression, and also into cup finals.

That youth intake suggests almost a whole back four plus a forward. Will be interesting to see what you get.

Thanks :D Only thing to note from January is that we failed to win a game but it didn't really matter anyway.

I'm currently on 1/2 so I've got about 2.5 months to wait before we get it but I am excited for it.

January 2050

Fixtures

f4dc655a0ec47fe25d2fde396cb82e1d.png

League Table

1070d727a8e1d6586c3420ba33dd9335.png

I guess Happy Valley are happy that this month is over after we faced each other three times.The first game of importance was in the league where we won 2-0,this game also marked the return of the players who were with Hong Kong u23's so I was really happy to have a near full strength team available,the win kept us five points clear at the top and with five games left we have one hand on the title.The second most important match was the final of the Senior Challenge Shield,we fully destroyed them with Chun Pong netting a hat-trick which took his tally to 20 goals in 12 games for the season,this also meant we picked up our second bit of silverware for the season.The game which didn't matter was the Sapling Cup as we were already through but I am annoyed that we blew a 3-0 lead as we ended up drawing 3-3 which is unacceptable.

February brings us two games at the minute but I am pretty positive that it will be more as the Champions League group stage should be starting.The two games we are playing are against Eastern AA in the league and either TSW Pegasus or C&W District in the FA Cup.I think we should be able to win both games but we still have to be careful of Eastern AA as they a good counter attacking side.I can't make any further comments on the Champions League as the draw hasn't even been made yet,all I can hope is that we can avoid a very hard group.

The Past Catches up to you!

Champions League Draw

86b1613d0e321c5653f94d695a1d1ba9.png

Well that was certainly unexpected,not one but two of my past teams in the same group,we could of had three past teams but Urawa Red Diamonds ruined that.It's going to be a very tough group,Western Sydney Wanderers are still among the top teams in Australia,Urawa Red Diamonds will be a pain to deal with as their grey players are quite high in standards.Persita Tangerang on paper would be on a paper a team to beat but they still have five of my players in their team from when I won the Champions League with back in 2038!

Also every team I have ever managed in Asia are in this seasons group stages.Dempo SC are in Group B,FC Seoul are in Group I while Shandong Luneng and Melaka have been drawn in Group G!

February 2050

Fixtures

36646ca31216316c89c7c3909d175d7a.png

Tables

1263d660171f1368892fee7835d56240.png

83e1122c43df94a75071108fb265d3e4.png

The league match against Eastern AA was really annoying,two rash and stupid tackles from John Connor saw us reduced to ten men in the first half,it was an uphill battle after which we did eventually lose but this loss has meant Kitchee have closed the gap to two points with four games left to play so I am a bit nervous now.No problems in the FA Cup as we easily dispatched of TSW Pegasus in the quarter finals with a 6-0 victory as we moved on.The big surprise of the month came in the Champions League as we beat Western Sydney Wanderers 5-4,we were 2-0 up before we went 3-2 down,seven minutes after going 3-2 down we would then find ourselves 4-3 up before settling the game late on as we made it 5-3.I think I need to lie down after that game.

Four games in March,one in the league,two in the Champions League and one in the Sapling Cup.In the league we will be facing Eastern District,we need to bounce back after our recent loss as Kitchee are right behind us and any further slip ups could mean we lose out on the title if Kitchee keep winning so a win is needed.In the Champions League we are facing Persita Tangerang and Urawa Red Diamonds,I am not expecting anything from either game as we are still the underdog despite our win over Western Sydney Wanderers,if we are going to lose then I want to make it at least competitive.The Sapling Cup sees us play Happy Valley in the semi-finals,the board really don't care about this competition so I don't care what happens,I will be fielding a strong team though as I don't want to throw the match and will be giving it a good go.

That’s amazing, beating WSW 5-4!

Getting tight at the pointy end of the season. That loss against Eastern AA was annoying to read about. Moment of madness etc.

Now on to beat Persita :D

On 05/05/2021 at 23:33, Sonic Youth said:

That’s amazing, beating WSW 5-4!

Getting tight at the pointy end of the season. That loss against Eastern AA was annoying to read about. Moment of madness etc.

Now on to beat Persita :D

It was one of those games which leaves you exhausted after it even if you weren't playing it :lol:

As annoying as it was,we responded really well in the league but it just means our final game of the season against Kitchee could mean a whole lot more.

We didn't just beat Persita,we thrashed them as we ran out 5-0 winners :D 

March 2050

Fixtures

3f92675df6a20c2015bc9c63197a6b91.png

Tables

878a5bd391e9fac0d5447adc71e88ca1.png

5198e003247aafc1734b3eb01b6612c7.png

We responded brilliantly in the league after our loss to Eastern AA as we beat Eastern District 5-0,I really couldn't of asked for a better performance from the team although I would of like to see some goals in the second half as we had everything done by the 39th minute,we are currently top by two points but with only three games left to play it will be a really tight finish to the season.In the Champions League we beat Persita Tangerang 5-0 and it was as easy as it looked as we were in control the entire time,the match against Urawa saw us start off brilliantly then we were battered after that as we lost 3-1 to the Japanese side,it's a very tight group and with three games left to play,there is still a lot to play for.The Sapling Cup match against Happy Valley saw us go through but we were not even close to playing at our best which is annoying but we have so many games coming up that rotation will be seen more often.

Five games in April,one in the league,two in the Champions League,one in the FA Cup and one in the Sapling Cup.In the league we are facing Southern District,every game is now must win if we are to retain the title as Kitchee are right behind us and any losses now could be devastating.In the Champions League we are facing Persita Tangerang and WSW,I think we could easily pick up three points against the Indonesian side,the match against the Australian side will be a tough ask but we do have it in us to surprise them so we will be trying our best.In the FA Cup we are facing Eastern District,it was the easier of the draws so I think we could beat them again,I will have to play a rotated side against them due to the CL but I am stil confident.In the Sapling Cup final we are playing Kitchee,this competition doesn't really matter but I will still be taking it seriously as if we can beat them then it could give us a bit of a boost for the rest of hte season.

Youth Intake 2050

d01d2e69ba0b9ed742fc9ff9fb27155b.png

Pang Chun Wai

Wong Chun Hei

Wu Tsz Lung

It was another solid intake this season as we had several players come through who could feature in the first team at some point in their careers.The best three players of the intake are easily distinguishable from the rest,Tsz Lung needs some retraining in the AMR position as I don't really use the MR role but he should be able to get feature in the first team by the time he is around 19-20.The two best players are Chun Wai and Chun Hei,both players will be in the first team next season and should easily get some game time as well.Chun Wai is regarded as the 4th best ST at the club so that is massive for us as was lack in depth slightly and I now feel that we have enough options for up front.Chun Hei is that highly rated that he would get first team action with very little problem,unfortunately for him is that his appearances for us will be off the bench due to our partnership of Guardiola and Connor but he is rated in third place for DC's so game time will be given to him next season.

April 2050

Fixtures

c99b4a3f7eac491afb189531154a5b68.png

Tables

91c3c3482f5b68e0078afc9eaa76db35.png

6fd6715e8ceea4515efc84ef330dfcef.png

Another solid performance in the league saw us beat Southern District 2-0,unfortunately the gap has remained at two points due to Kitchee beating HKFC 4-2 so this is going to go to the last game of the season!The Champions League saw us do a double over Persita Tangerang as we beat them 4-2 away from home which is a great result for us considering we are one of (if not) the smallest team in the competition,unfortuantely WSW did beat us 2-1 and it could of been much worse than that as they dominated us but we are currently in second with one game left to go.No problems in the FA Cup as we easily beat Eastern District to move onto the final.The Sapling Cup against Kitchee was a thrilling match,we were 2-0 up then 3-2 up,Kitchee then equalised just after half-time to make it 3-3 and then came the turning point,Kitchee were redeuced to ten men after 58 minutes and we took advantage of the numbers difference as we ran out 5-3 winners to lift the Sapling Cup.

We're heading into the final month of the season with four games left to play and all three of them are extremely important for us as we play twice in the league,once in the Champions League and once in the FA Cup.In the league we are playing TSW Pegasus and Kitchee,I am confident we can beat Pegasus which means it will go to the last game of the season if Kitchee win on matchday 13,a last of game of the season match against Kitchee for the title,that is a very high pressure game for anyone.In the Champions League we are facing Urawa Red Diamonds in the final group game,if we win then we go through,if we draw there is no guarantee we go through as only a certain amiount of runners-up go through,a loss means I'd have to rely on Persita Tangerang to beat WSW so we can stay in second.The FA Cup brings us even more pressure as we are faing Kitchee in the final,this actually comes before our league game against them so whoever wins this could get a boost in morale going into the final league game.Talk about a high pressured month!

May 2050

Fixtures

4d217607154307be94d02f9ff5cacf2d.png

League Table

c08fb1b4855bf8a72518cb274ce0127f.png

Well that was certainly interesting end to the season,we beat TSW Pegasus 4-0 but Kitchee won their match which meant it went to the last game of the season,we fell behind twice against Kitchee in the last game of the season and when they went 2-1 up in the 77th minute I thought we were done,up step Tam Wing Hang who is our third choice right back to score the equalizer who won us the title!The Champions League saw us lose to Urawa Red Diamonds,the 1-0 score line actually flatters us as we were battered which shows we are currently out of our depth in the Champions League but we did pick up nine points which is credible.We gained even more silverware as we recorded a comfortable 3-1 win in the FA Cup final against Kitchee,we had no problems in this game and we fully deserved the win.

End of Season update to follow then onto the 50/51 season we go!

That’s a tough end of season! Looks like it will need to become routine. 

Congrats on winning the league and another cup :applause:

So did you make it through in Asian Champs League?

A bit of love for Chau Chun Pong, who scored two hattricks in a row: against Persita In Asia and the in a cup final against Kitchee!

12 hours ago, Sonic Youth said:

That’s a tough end of season! Looks like it will need to become routine. 

Congrats on winning the league and another cup :applause:

So did you make it through in Asian Champs League?

A bit of love for Chau Chun Pong, who scored two hattricks in a row: against Persita In Asia and the in a cup final against Kitchee!

I foresee ourselves and Kitchee going at it for many seasons it will become an epic rivalry in Hong Kong!

I'm afraid we didn't make it through in the Champions League,WSW beat Persita in their last game of the group which meant they leaped frogged us.

Chaun Chun Pong is far too good for the standard of football in Hong Kong,he is brilliant and still has a bit of room for further growth :D 

Hong Kong Rangers - Hong Kong First Division League - End of Season - 2049/50

Season Review

These screenshots don't show everything due to cut off dates.We released seven players who were not up to the standards I would like in the team so off they went.One player left on a free while two others went out on loan,Kounasso went out on loan to free up a foreign spot while Lai Wing Chin went out on loan for developmental reasons.We bought in six players for a grand total of £0 so I think we have done well in the transfer window,all of these players who were signed would strengthen the first team which in turn would increase the strength in depth at the club.

Fixtures 1 - 2

Competitions

Hong Kong First Division League - Winners

298fdea99ff40e2685a8fda1720855fe.png

It was a close run league campaign as we just beat out Kitchee on the last day of the season.The final game of the season was actually ourselves against Kitchee,they took in the lead in the 77th minute and I generally thought that was it but a 90th minute equaliser from my third choice won us the title.This means we have now done to back titles and I think we need to keep doing that if we are to stay in the Champions League.

Champions League -  Group Stage

056e680f3f285a839d9a57ae2c04e107.png

This was our first time in the competition and I think we gave it a real good go as we won three and lost three, unfortunately this meant we crashed out in third place with nine points but it was a very credible display from the team in quite a tough group.

Hong Kong FA Cup - Winners

a744b434779c345e6727b1c72e4d8521.png

We started off our FA Cup campaign with two very easy wins against TSW Pegasus and Eastern District.The final itself was one of our easier victories over Kitchee as we won the FA Cup for the first time in my spell in Hong Kong.

Senior Challenge Shield - Winners

f1eeada0266fdceb090b229ae9a57e0f.png

This was the easiest of all trophies to win as we easily beat Eastern AA and Kitchee in the run to the final,I was espcially surprised at the Kitchee result as I thought it would of been a lot closer than it actually was.The final itself left me with questions of why did Happy Valley even bother turning up,we were in control from start to finish and we fully deserved our 5-0 win over them and even then we could of score more.

Sapling Cup - Winners

efb8a9146d740b9d43c0d658ee53537f.png

This was in my opinion the toughest of the cups to win.We came top of our group with a record of 2-1-0 in which we dropped points to Happy Valley.We then play Happy Valley in the semi-final in which we actually won 2-1 after extra time despite the screen shot saying we won 1-1!The final against Kitchee was a real treat to the neutrals,we were 2-0 up and we went into half time with a 3-2 lead.Just after half-time Kitchee pulled it back to 3-3,the entertainment continued as Kitchee were then reduced to nine men after two red cards and we fully took advantage of that as we ran out 5-3 winners.

Community Cup - Winners

db80dd1272ce11e19f88e511b06c8d57.png

It was a solid victory over Eastern AA even if we weren't at our best but it is more silverware for our ever expanding trophy cabinet.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Accolades 1 - 2 - Best XI

5e9daab0855ad9e21fee7e3d3045a0da.png

Chau Chun Pong

Lee Joyce

John Connor

Lionel Mpondo

Wong Chun Hin

Manager's Thoughts

A brilliant display this season when it came down to domestic football as we completed a clean sweep and won every competition we were in,needless to say that some competitions were a lot closer than others and I very relieved to have won the title as it means we will be in the Champions League next season.As for the Champions League we gave it a good go but we fell just short in the end but it was quite a tough group which contained a team from Japan and Australia so to walk out with nine points was a solid first attempt and gives us something to build upon in the coming seasons.On the financial side of things we are in trouble as we are £828k in debt so that is really troublesome as we need the money to upgrade so we can catch and overtake Kitchee's setup.

As for next season,it will be a case of looking at free transfers in Hong Kong to see if anyone can improve some areas of the team,I won't be looking at foreign players as I don't have enough free spots to use them in games.I am hoping we can carry on our domestic dominance in the league as the more we win then the more we gain rep and the more likely we are to overtake Kitchee in the long run.I will also looking to see if we can progress further in the Champions League but that will depend on the group we get drawn,if it's like this season then it will be tough to progress but if it is like a group I got while at Melaka then we could progress with very little problems.I don't think I will be able to do anything to solve the issues of the finances so that will be another problem next season and there isn't any plans for an expansion as we are pretty much fulling the ground out but we cannot afford to expand which will limit the money we get into the club.

Career Stats

(Link - to see entire career)

f7c99fad78463791da3efb2a93656024.png

England 30 Year Special Update

As I've now gone through 30 seasons,I thought I'd give a brief update on what has been happening in England and more specifically the Premier League,who has been it and if they have won anything else.

e26bf8cc8c5f0e24485d6438208f0970.png24b2b1925fea441a32cdccfaac15ec09.png

There has only been four winners of the Premier League in 30 years which is disappointing but the number of teams who have been in the Premier League has been quite impressive with 31 teams having competed in the Premier League.As you can see Leeds have managed to finish in 2nd place and that happened twice in successive seasons,it's just a shame that they couldn't take the title.The biggest surprise for me is that Tottenham have been relegated twice as it normally takes a bit longer for one of the bigger teams to fall like that.

In Europe the biggest winners were definitely Man City as they picked up 10 Champions League titles as well as a Europa League title while Bournemouth are the biggest surprise winners as they won the Champions League against Real Madrid in 2049.Interestingly only Arsenal and Chelsea have managed to do a clean sweep when it comes to Europes three titles but Man City and Man Utd have been that dominant that they have never been in the ECL.

Outside of the top flight,the biggest fairy tail story has to be Chester FC,they start FM21 in the 6th tier of English football and this season they finished in 9th place in the Championship!Despite all of these promotions they have actually only won one league title which was the league one title in 2048.

Hopefully the next ten years will see someone else who isn't called Chelsea,Liverpool,Man City or Man Utd win the Premier League and hopefully a team who starts in non-league will make it to the promised land of Premier League football.

The Winner of the 2050 World Cup is...

333d2713812a668cf8836c6b118c8b89.png

Can't say anyone saw that coming....this is up there with South Korea winning the World Cup!

45 minutes ago, B.W.G said:

The Winner of the 2050 World Cup is...

333d2713812a668cf8836c6b118c8b89.png

Can't say anyone saw that coming....this is up there with South Korea winning the World Cup!

Who were Romania's stars that made this magic happen?

Other than Muzac, it doesn't seem they have any other high profile player. That man just became a football legend in your game world if he had a good World Cup. 

2 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Other than Muzac, it doesn't seem they have any other high profile player. That man just became a football legend in your game world if he had a good World Cup. 

His ratings were always above 7 but Romania's keeper actually came in 2nd for the World Cup's best player,he averaged at 7.46!

Hong Kong Rangers - Hong Kong First Division League - Pre-Season - 2050/51

Season Preview - Expectations

Transfers (49/50,50/51) - Released (49/50,50/51) - Youth

Eleven players were released,each of these players was not up to standard of the first team anymore so I had no trouble in releasing them as it freed up out wage budget quite significantly.We sold a player for actual money as we sold Siu Kwan for an initial fee of £1k,he was a reserve player who's contract was up at then end of the season so I wasn't bothered by selling him.Two other players left on frees while we loaned two players out for developmental reasons.We bought in three players who have helped add a lot of depth to the team.Kwok Fai and Jenkins are both Hong Kong Internationals so I was over the moon to get them on a free.Makara is a player I had my eye on for over a year,he was fully capped by Cambodia at 16 and he will be our first choice AMR at the start of the season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

d4f0f50c567951b6aefcb1d893c86e04.png

A simple pre-season  in which we won all three games with no problems what so ever.Not really bothered by the score against Resources Capital as we were missing ten players due to the ongoing Asian Games.

The Team

6f2db391f9d6a7c383e5b243057fe48a.png690a8967a82e494ef49e2b486f359c2e.png

Lee Joyce

John Connor

Ko Chi Yin

Chau Chun Pong

Wong Chun Hin

Manager's Thoughts

It was a pretty stress free pre-season all around,we let more players go than we bought in so we have saved about £5k p.w in wages so that is massive for us in the long run as we now have a bit of room to adjust things if I need to.The finances have improved significantly in which we currently have £197k in the bank which is mainly down to our new sponsorship deal,it isn't enough to do anything with but it is a start so improvements can possibly be seen in the future.My overall thoughts with the squad is that is a solid team now and a lot of players still have room to grow so that is very encouraging for us,I could do with a new second choice keeper but there isn't anyone of available for that sort of role so that is one to keep an eye on in the future.The signing of Jenkins is massive as he joined us on a free after leaving Kitchee,he was one of Kitchee's first choice full backs so to get a player of that calibre for us is massive and will help us in the future.

As for this season,the board want us to win the league,the FA Cup and the H.K Senior Challenge Shield as they don't care for the other two domestic competitions,we do have a difficult start as we are missing nine players due to the Asian games while Chun Pong will miss the start of the season due to injury.Luckily for us,Kitchee are missing thirteen players due to the Asian games so it could go down to the quality of the depth of the team for whoever it to top the table early on.The Champions League will see us enter at the group stage,we are stronger than last season so we should be able to have another respectable showing but it will depend on the group stage draw,if we get an easier draw then we could make the knockouts so it is a case of wait and see who we get in this competition before we can make any expectations in regards to how we could do.Time to get this show on the road!

That’s a bunch of interesting stuff happening in a short time in your game.

Romania winning in Brazil? So funny, especially seeing Norway get runners up. What was the score, and did they knock Brazil out in the semi’s?

Picking up a starter fullback from Kitchee? Nice signing :thup:

How are Hong Kong doing in the Asian Cup?

A starter AMR who is Cambodian? That’s a rare signing.

On 16/05/2021 at 08:14, Sonic Youth said:

That’s a bunch of interesting stuff happening in a short time in your game.

Romania winning in Brazil? So funny, especially seeing Norway get runners up. What was the score, and did they knock Brazil out in the semi’s?

Picking up a starter fullback from Kitchee? Nice signing :thup:

How are Hong Kong doing in the Asian Cup?

A starter AMR who is Cambodian? That’s a rare signing.

I love all this interesting stuff happening in the game as it gives it a unique feeling.

Romania beat Norway 1-0 in the final.Norway were actually the ones to beat Brazil in the semi-final,Romania beat Sweden on penalties to get to the final.We were so close to an all Scandinavian final!

Kithchee are a team to keep an eye out on as quite a few players want a new challenge so we may be able to pick them up on frees in the future.

Hong Kong have only played one game so far and it was a 4-2 win against Thailand,I am fully expecting them to get out of the group stages as it looks to be a simple group as Thailand are their toughest opposition.

Leng Makara is a dual nationality player of Cambodia/Hong Kong so he doesn't take up any foreign spots and that made this signing a must have even more than his ability.

August 2050

Fixture

102b7321f485b0a56d750d118287a8e3.png

Table

8a220681005e617bb07e6a2c2bfc4a52.png

Despite missing ten players (nine international and one injury),we recorded a very easy straight forward win over Eastern District,we were that dominant in the game that we restricted the opposition to one shot which was off target anyway.It's great to be at the top but it is kind of annoying that Kitchee also won 4-0 while missing thirteen players.

Three games in September,two in the league and one in the Community Cup.We are facing Happy Valley and Resources Capital in the league,I know it will be difficult as I don't have my strongest team available but I am confident we can beat both teams as our backups are as good as their starting players.In the Community Cup we are facing Eastern AA,I want us to win as that will be an early piece of silverware for the team.

September 2050

Fixtures

cc39f62bffb4ec60e30da961ed520b1d.png

Table

68908889fad9ce8b7381aaa3c88128b1.png

Two wins from two in the league,the Happey Valley match was actually quite a tight game but we showed that we were the more clinical side,the game against Resources Capital saw us set a new league record after beating them 8-0,it was a bit harsh in the end as they were reduced to ten men when it was 4-0 and we took full advantage of the numbers.Chau Chun Pong made his return in that game,scored a hat-trick and got injured after the match and will miss a few more weeks!We lifted our first bit of silverware after beating Eastern AA in the Community Cup,it was one sided and we could of scored more.

We play four times in October,three in the league and one in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield.In the league the highlight fixture sees us travel to face Kitchee,a win here will give us an early advantage in the league,it's a pretty tough month for us as we also face Southern District and TSW Pegasus so I am not really liking the fixture list in October.In the H.K Senior Challenge Shield we are facing Happy Valley,I am expecting us to win as the board want us to win the competition so it will be a near enough full strength team being fielded in that match.

October 2050

Fixtures

6a7b60e2858efa1e748245168611b836.png

Table

f0b862a6bd3c921f5fffe18f550dda6c.png

What a month that was as we won every single match,the biggest fixture of the month was against Kitchee and it was a real back and forth match but it was the Lee Joyce show as he netted all four goals in our 4-2 win over Kitchee although we were slightly fortunate after getting two penalties,no problems in either of the other matches as we finished the month at the top of the table with a three point lead.We kicked off our Sapling Cup campaign with a 5-0 win over Eastern District which left us at the top while we beat Happy Valley in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield to progress to the semi-final.

Just the two matches in November as we play Resources Capital in the Sapling Cup and Eastern AA in the league.I don't actually care about the Sapling Cup so whatever happens will happen as the board don't care about that competition while I want us to win in our league match against Eastern AA as that will mean we keep our place at the top of the table.

A very big boost for Hong Kong!

40a6f32bb6ca0d9e1589ceacac2bd837.png
Kitchee won the Confederation Cup and that is massive for Hong Kong as that could see Hong Kong move up the competition rankings.That 4-0 score line was fully deserved as well,well played to our league rivals!

November 2050

Fixtures

30540b3d49a13f74c3dc11b503ad4a70.png

Table

fc1fee49fca9d706ad62f3ca4c29da71.png

The perfect run carried on as we won both games.In the Sapling Cup we beat Resources Capital 4-0 which means that we have qualified from the group with a game to spare,we did all this with ten men after John Connor was sent off in the 34th minute so playing with ten men didn't really make a difference for us.The league game against Eastern AA was actually pretty tough but a fantastic second half performance saw us clinch a 3-1 win as we stayed at the top,we now have a six point lead but we have played a game more than Kitchee.

Three more games in December as we play one in the league,one in the Sapling Cup and one in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield.In the league we will be facing Happy Valley,I want us to avoid defeat as that will keep us at the top going into the new year.The Sapling Cup match against Eastern AA is a dead rubber for us as we are already through to the next round.In the H.K Senior Challenge Shield sees us play Southern District in the semi-final,I need to win this as the board expect us to win the competition so I need to get to the final to stand a chance of doing so.

December 2050

Fixtures

3a9ae7e665845d60e6c1ed0aa877e99d.png

Table

e0db13b52a60c2fa6f88ed73b08de9a9.png

That's the winning run in the league over as we drew 1-1 with Happy Valley,it could of been a different story if Chau Chun Pong had put away the penalty when the score was at 1-0 but he didn't and Happy Valley equalised late on as we dropped two points,we now have a one point lead over Kitchee so there is quite a bit pressure on us now.No problems in either of the Cup games as we beat Eastern AA in our last group stage match in the Sapling Cup while be Southern District in the semi-final of the H.K Senior Challenge Shield to progress to the final.

Just the one game in January and that is against Kitchee in the H.K Senior Challenge Shield,I really want us to win this match as it means more silverware but I know it will be tough as Kitchee are an extremely good team and their Confederation Cup win proved that so we need to be at our best to win the competition.January will also see our next youth intake preview so I am excited to see who what the preview is this time around.

Youth Intake Preview

93d706a5eecc1e553885a76d7d221644.png
That is one long youth intake preview and it has the potential to be a golden generation which is great news for my future at the club.The players to look out for when the intake arrives are two fullbacks and a striker.The striker position is a role we are lacking quality in so fingers crossed he is the best player of the intake.Fullbacks are always useful and it is an area we have struggled to fill but our current options are good enough for the immediate future so I will have time to train them up.