Is This The Hardest FM Yet????

With Norwich, Big Andy, I'm Currently 6th. Get Rid Of The Guy In My Name, If You Haven't Already, He Doesn't Perform That Well And Eats Up Over 12k A Week. If You're In A Decent Position Come November Time, Request More Funds And You Can Quite Often Get Nearly 3 Million.

I Do Think Clingan Is Underrated On The Game, As Is Hoolihoops, In My Opinion.

*Just Noticed, I've Started Each Word With A Capital Letter. Looks Kinda Neat I Reckon.

With Norwich, Big Andy, I'm Currently 6th. Get Rid Of The Guy In My Name, If You Haven't Already, He Doesn't Perform That Well And Eats Up Over 12k A Week. If You're In A Decent Position Come November Time, Request More Funds And You Can Quite Often Get Nearly 3 Million.

I Do Think Clingan Is Underrated On The Game, As Is Hoolihoops, In My Opinion.

*Just Noticed, I've Started Each Word With A Capital Letter. Looks Kinda Neat I Reckon.

I was just about to comment on that usage of capital letters! ;) Must have taken some time.

im winning games etc but it's still annoying. if the Fm crew were going for all out realism, then hey, heres a lesson game developers always miss. ahem. CONSUMERS BUY GAMES TO ESCAPE REALISM. think about it. the most realistic games always bomb and die because they stop being fun. real life sucks. i cant eat 50 bullets and be fine in real life, nor can i do a triple backflip of a wall and shoot 3 guys in the face 9 times each in real life. but thats what makes games FUN. you take the fun out of the game then your casual gamer base will start to dwindle. which let;s face it, is FMs target market. it has just felt like a half arsed addition in 09, few new ideas. "we made the engine worse BUT LOOK AT THE 3d LOOK AT THE 3D, theres loads of bugs BUT LOOK AT THE 3D OMG THE 3D". style of substance eternally in this outing. the whole game feels slower. my favorite part of the game was the transfer window, now it takes me 27 hours to get through a season. FM is just starting to cash in on the franchise and pending on updates/patches, this will be the last one i buy.

im winning games etc but it's still annoying. if the Fm crew were going for all out realism, then hey, heres a lesson game developers always miss. ahem. CONSUMERS BUY GAMES TO ESCAPE REALISM. think about it. the most realistic games always bomb and die because they stop being fun. real life sucks. i cant eat 50 bullets and be fine in real life, nor can i do a triple backflip of a wall and shoot 3 guys in the face 9 times each in real life. but thats what makes games FUN. you take the fun out of the game then your casual gamer base will start to dwindle. which let;s face it, is FMs target market. it has just felt like a half arsed addition in 09, few new ideas. "we made the engine worse BUT LOOK AT THE 3d LOOK AT THE 3D, theres loads of bugs BUT LOOK AT THE 3D OMG THE 3D". style of substance eternally in this outing. the whole game feels slower. my favorite part of the game was the transfer window, now it takes me 27 hours to get through a season. FM is just starting to cash in on the franchise and pending on updates/patches, this will be the last one i buy.

But if there's no realism in FM, you're pretty much spending you whole day clicking the mouse left button and watching circles scoring goals.

It must be pretty damn realistic for a single team to hit the goalpost multiple times every single game.

A forward who gets paid $10M/yr to put the ball in the back of the net misses almost all the 1 on 1 sitters. Realism huh? o_O

It must be pretty damn realistic for a single team to hit the goalpost multiple times every single game.

A forward who gets paid $10M/yr to put the ball in the back of the net misses almost all the 1 on 1 sitters. Realism huh? o_O

Check the statistics before getting too upset about this. Even the best strikers have, on average, only a 33% ratio of scoring one-on-one chances. And I mean true one-on-ones, not just the rate of overall chances converted. Scoring when under goalkeeper pressure is not quite as easy as you think.

FM is just starting to cash in on the franchise and pending on updates/patches, this will be the last one i buy.

Just by looking at your forum join date, the chances are it was the first one you bought as well. (I await the obligatory "I've been playing for years but lost access to my old account", blah, blah, response - hehe.) ;)

But on to your point. Some games are bought for escapism, sure. But unless most FM players are secretly masquerading in the daytime as a real football manager, I'd say there isn't much to escape from in the first place. People play THIS game for a realistic simulation of being a manager. They want to feel what it's like to really manage a football team, and THAT'S the fun.

I'd say that - although it is necessary to not find it boring - realism is more important to this particular type of game.

That's true for me too but it's not my strikers doing the scoring. They're non-existent. As is my attacking midfielder. The tactics have been ruined for me.

Same here!

I play 4-3-3 (wingers) and it is my 5-man midfield that scores almost every goal. I could see it happen IRL if it was 50-50 or something like that, but in my case it is very weird that my striker only seem to find the net every five matches...

The 18000 or whatever words really can't help when you hit the post 4 times in a game. And the fact that this happened in two games in a row. Has anyone actually seen a game where a team hit the post 4 times? I don't recall ANY.

Archived