FMH 2008 - My story so far.

I always manage Rangers in my first game them being the club I love.

I always start 442 until I have scouted the player market and played a few games to suss out my squad.

My back story is Walter Smith had health problems and had to retire immediately, due to the perilous state of finances in Scottish football the club had to turn to me an ex-pro who had limited first team success in the late 90's and who was coaching the kids.

442 was working at home but I was dropping a lot of points away from home so reverted to my trusted 2007 tactic of 4132. I made a few signings including Denilson, Trabelsi and Kleberson on free transfers. I signed Bojan for 1.5m and a couple of other free transfers. In January I made one big purchase in Skirtel (DC) as I had a leaky defence.

The league went to the wire and on the last day of the season I was 1 point behind Celtic. I was at Hibs and they were at Inverness. After 20mins I was 2-0 down and Celtice were 2-0 up.

At half time I had pegged Hibs back to 2-2 but Celtic were now 3-1 up and the title was slipping from my grasp. A good second half showing saw me take a 4-2 lead so I used the new live score feature and nervously watched the Celtic game. In the last 12 minutes Inverness pegged it back to 3-3 and Rangers were the new champions. the fans had a new Helicopter Sunday to celebrate.

I signed a load of Bosmans in the next window, all signed up in January. I think I da 14 in total. The ones to look out for are Silvestri (i think) Italian RB from Lazio now worth 5m, Barbosa GK, Alavez AMC/SC and Volnathen SC. The last one is the young Swiss striker who is a potential star in real life. In my second season for me he has scored 27 in 27.

I am streaking ahaead in the SPL this season and will keep you updated as to how I am doing with tactics, formation, players etc.

Oh one last thing sign Bojan he is going to be a legend.

I always manage Rangers in my first game them being the club I love.

I always start 442 until I have scouted the player market and played a few games to suss out my squad.

My back story is Walter Smith had health problems and had to retire immediately, due to the perilous state of finances in Scottish football the club had to turn to me an ex-pro who had limited first team success in the late 90's and who was coaching the kids.

442 was working at home but I was dropping a lot of points away from home so reverted to my trusted 2007 tactic of 4132. I made a few signings including Denilson, Trabelsi and Kleberson on free transfers. I signed Bojan for 1.5m and a couple of other free transfers. In January I made one big purchase in Skirtel (DC) as I had a leaky defence.

The league went to the wire and on the last day of the season I was 1 point behind Celtic. I was at Hibs and they were at Inverness. After 20mins I was 2-0 down and Celtice were 2-0 up.

At half time I had pegged Hibs back to 2-2 but Celtic were now 3-1 up and the title was slipping from my grasp. A good second half showing saw me take a 4-2 lead so I used the new live score feature and nervously watched the Celtic game. In the last 12 minutes Inverness pegged it back to 3-3 and Rangers were the new champions. the fans had a new Helicopter Sunday to celebrate.

I signed a load of Bosmans in the next window, all signed up in January. I think I da 14 in total. The ones to look out for are Silvestri (i think) Italian RB from Lazio now worth 5m, Barbosa GK, Alavez AMC/SC and Volnathen SC. The last one is the young Swiss striker who is a potential star in real life. In my second season for me he has scored 27 in 27.

I am streaking ahaead in the SPL this season and will keep you updated as to how I am doing with tactics, formation, players etc.

Oh one last thing sign Bojan he is going to be a legend.

Bah that's nothing pal! icon_smile.gif

I took York City - random selection - to Blue Square title and FA Trophy glory in first season and scored an amazing 116 goals with a 4-4-2 in an attacking formation and normal passing with the season starting squad and one additon who hardly played.

Used counter attack too. The only downside was that I conceded a lot of goals - 66 - relative to my closest rivals. But better defenders might help that.

That's pretty cool by both of you. In my first season I took Ebbsfleet United to the Blue Square Title, the FA trophy, the Setenta trophy, scored 124 goals using a 3-5-2, but conceded 100 goals also. It was a pretty exciting season full of great football.

Ah, you did even beter and got the Setamta Shield. I shoudl have won it but got a tough away tie and just could quite match the home team.

It does seem though that if you have decent attacking players and go on the offensive you will get a lot of goals - more than in FHM07.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

It does seem though that if you have decent attacking players and go on the offensive you will get a lot of goals - more than in FHM07. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And everyone tends to be conceding a lot of goals too, but im not complaining. Id prefer 6-5 over 1-0 any day icon_biggrin.gif

Archived