Currently in pre-season with Chelsea, season 1

All penalties so far:

Hudson-Odoi (Missed)

Jorginho (Missed)

Werner (Missed); Jorginho (Scored)

Mount (Scored)

Jorginho (Scored)

Werner; Jorginho (Both Missed)

8 penalties in 6 games, only 3 converted. 

Hudson-Odoi was on a hattrick, hence why he took one (since unticked it). But Jorginho (17;19 Cmp/Pen) and Werner (13;14) are good takers, I feel it's a bit too many penalties and the conversion rate is far too low for the quality of the players taking the penalties. 

I've changed my kick takers to Mount, Abraham, Giroud, Werner and Havertz as my top three (all have a good blend of Finishing, Composure and Penalties), but surely some improvement is expected...

• SI Staff
18 hours ago, Brett1999 said:

Currently in pre-season with Chelsea, season 1

All penalties so far:

Hudson-Odoi (Missed)

Jorginho (Missed)

Werner (Missed); Jorginho (Scored)

Mount (Scored)

Jorginho (Scored)

Werner; Jorginho (Both Missed)

8 penalties in 6 games, only 3 converted. 

Hudson-Odoi was on a hattrick, hence why he took one (since unticked it). But Jorginho (17;19 Cmp/Pen) and Werner (13;14) are good takers, I feel it's a bit too many penalties and the conversion rate is far too low for the quality of the players taking the penalties. 

I've changed my kick takers to Mount, Abraham, Giroud, Werner and Havertz as my top three (all have a good blend of Finishing, Composure and Penalties), but surely some improvement is expected...

Thanks for getting in touch.

Our stats regarding missed penalties are not showing an imbalance at the moment. 

But we will keep an eye out for this for sure. 

Thanks again.

Jemal.

I too feel that penalty misses are too often, though number of penalties is ok for me. In my case piatek has 17 finishing, 18 penalty taking, 15 composure & almada has 12 finishing, 16 penalty taking, 13 composure. surely scoring should be higher around 80% as xG also takes every penalty as 0.79.

Screenshot (211).png

Feel like this is a little bit too much . Jorginho is 3/6 with 19 penalty taking , 17 composure , 8 finishing.
Mount now 1/5 with 15 penalty taking, 15 composure and 14 finishing. I know misses can happen but that feels a bit extreme.

0f4341b096b04a203f00fa77c4b9c504.png

I haven't had a problem with this at all, I don't think my team has missed a penalty yet and I've had a few. 

My issue with penalties which I will find the appropriate thread or create one is them being awarded when the animation clearly shows the tackler getting the ball.

Okay, so an update:

2 penalty shootouts, and 2 separate penalties

Werner, Kovacic, Mount and Abraham all scored in the first shootout.

Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Abraham, Jorginho and Thiago Silva all scored in the second shootout.

Mount has scored both of his penalties in all comps too (atm our main taker).

So for now, it's good. Bound to get some misses soon but the number of penalties isn't OTT.

I had Aubameyang missing 4 consecutive penalties in my first season with Arsenal. - best penalty taker in the team. Removed him from penalty duty, and the other players missed only 1 of 7. 

On my second season I bought a new striker with even better penalty taking stats - missed his first two penalties so far.

I am starting to think players with good penalty taking stats have some issue with converting the penalties. 

This absolutely is an issue. 

I'm currently playing as Manchester United for the Beta, im on 11 August 2021.

Bruno Fernandes has taken 16 penalties  scoring only 8. 

To put this into perspective, in his real life career to date he has taken 34 Penalties scoring 31. 

He has a 19 Penalty Taking Attribute in FM21 Beta.

I'm having the same issue,  in my first season with Spurs, I've been awarded 6 penalties so far. 4 have been taken by Kane (20 pens), all 4 missed, 2 by Carlos Vinicius (15 pens) 1 of 2 missed. At first I thought it was just bad luck but that would be a pretty incredible run of luck...