Jump to content

Text mostly unreadable, blurry/fuzy, no matter settings, causes eye strain.


Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is the correct sub forum to post this. Please move if not. Thank you.

This has made it unplayable for me personally unfortunately. It makes my eyes hurt. No matter what zoom level I put it at, it doesn't resolve the text. I do not have this issue in FM20 or anything else on my PC.

My resolution is set at 1920x1080 (default recommend setting by NVIDIA) using a 32" Samsung curved monitor.  Let me know any other info you need.

 

Here are some screen shot examples of what I'm seeing in game (this is at 100% zoom, it looks the same at any other zoom level, just larger or smaller):

text1.png.98c4273b68c3b6b93bed325c6e84f659.pngtext2.png.e827143515c472690bf436579dba978b.pngtext3.png.595796cf76ffafb20c7f77b5a40e4a02.pngtext4.png.bccff341bbeb221d1d73b81b4fc5ca37.png

 

As you can see, it isn't on all text. But all white text. Especially bold white text. Not sure if it is the font or what. But I can't read most things in game currently without my eyes starting to feel strained. Its almost like the white text is haloed or something.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, we are sorry you are experiencing this issue, please provide us with the following info: OS, default system resolution,in game resolution, windowed/ full screen? and graphic card. Thank you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • OS: Windows 10, updated
  • Resolution: 1920x1080 (default/recommended by windows and nvidia), system and in game.
  • Windowed and full screen has the issue
  • GTX 960 (latest drivers)
Edited by oulzac
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll also add that I don't have an option in Windows settings or nvidia settings, to set the resolution any higher than 1920x1080. Which seems odd. Must be a limitation of the Samsung 32R500 monitor. I never really payed attention to this until now. As I don't really play many PC games besides FM. And oddly FM20 looks fine on this monitor.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have the exact same problem with samsung 27inch monitor..it worked ok on my 24inch samsung but have purchased a new one and got this.  My settings as well

  • OS: Windows 10, updated
  • Resolution: 1920x1080 (default/recommended by windows and nvidia), system and in game.
  • Windowed and full screen has the issue
  • GTX 960 (latest drivers)
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Do I have to buy a new smaller monitor just to play the game :( 

It seems to be an issue with 1920x1080 resolution. They will fix it. But it might be a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Hopefully because I can’t play it for very long at the moment because of eye strain 

Try using this skin: https://www.fmscout.com/a-wannachup-fm21-instant-result-skin.html

Or this Skin: https://www.fmscout.com/a-priisek-dark-fm21-skin.html

It is not a fix, and the text is still blurry and hard to read. But the contrast makes it much less of a strain on my eyes. And I am now able to play in short burst now. The contrast with the black/dark back ground makes the fuzzy white text not so much of strain for me. Maybe it will for you too. Until they fix the game to render properly in 1080 this is the best its going to get I think.

Edited by oulzac
spelling, second link
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, oulzac said:

Try using this skin: https://www.fmscout.com/a-wannachup-fm21-instant-result-skin.html

Or this Skin: https://www.fmscout.com/a-priisek-dark-fm21-skin.html

It is not a fix, and the text is still blurry and hard to read. But the contrast makes it much less of a strain on my eyes. And I am now able to play in short burst now. The contrast with the black/dark back ground makes the fuzzy white text not so much of strain for me. Maybe it will for you too. Until they fix the game to render properly in 1080 this is the best its going to get I think.

Thanks I have tried both but still not great. Just tweeted Miles and he responded so hopefully he is aware. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is still happening to me on my laptop

 

  • OS: Windows 10, updated
  • Resolution: 1920x1080 (default/recommended by windows and nvidia), system and in game.
  • Windowed and full screen has the issue
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 4gb (latest drivers)
  • Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
  • 8gb RAM
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fulhamross said:

this is still happening to me on my laptop

 

  • OS: Windows 10, updated
  • Resolution: 1920x1080 (default/recommended by windows and nvidia), system and in game.
  • Windowed and full screen has the issue
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 4gb (latest drivers)
  • Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
  • 8gb RAM

Can you try it on the integrated graphics too and see if the problem persists? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IrrelevantLion said:

All: is it just Nvidia cards? I will try my integrated intel graphics when I get home to see if it makes a difference 

No. Its an issue with the game trying to render in 1080P. All our monitors with the issue are 1920x1080 (1080P, like a TV and not a standard monitor). Which is why we can't change to higher resolutions like 1440.

I've already tested using my same video card, but with my old 1440 monitor, and it looks just fine. They have to fix the game to render in 1080P. Since so many monitor makers are now selling 1080P monitors. From what I can gather this was an issue with last years beta as well. And they fixed it by release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, oulzac said:

No. Its an issue with the game trying to render in 1080P. All our monitors with the issue are 1920x1080 (1080P, like a TV and not a standard monitor). Which is why we can't change to higher resolutions like 1440.

I've already tested using my same video card, but with my old 1440 monitor, and it looks just fine. They have to fix the game to render in 1080P. Since so many monitor makers are now selling 1080P monitors. From what I can gather this was an issue with last years beta as well. And they fixed it by release.

Fingers crossed :brock:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...