Sophara United - Academy players only, for better or worse (The sequel to the Kafra series)

2 hours ago, abulezz said:

Two years in the League Two is not bad at all, although I'm bunkering down for a few years in League One from what I see just looking around the other teams. 

I found the move from L2 to L1 to be the hardest and spent 5 years in L1 - and that is with me signing players!

You are doing really well @abulezz- keep it up!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I found the move from L2 to L1 to be the hardest and spent 5 years in L1 - and that is with me signing players!

I uses to always think the jump to Championship was always the hardest but you do have some big teams in League 1 as well! 

1 hour ago, abulezz said:

After years of stability, a new chairman was voted in a couple of months ago. This guy just destroyed the team in a matter of 2 days.

Absolutely gutting! However - the plus side is that your academy is capable of producing players like that semi-regularly...

On 31/12/2020 at 11:40, _Ben_ said:

Absolutely gutting! However - the plus side is that your academy is capable of producing players like that semi-regularly...

Had to take a short break from FM but back in action! The board sold 3 key players in one window, I don't think that has ever happened to me before. Destroyed the team in one shot. 

Losing players like that is very tough, what is your transfer budget, I know you are not using it but the board would think, great bit of money for club and you can go for good but cheaper replacements.

On 30/12/2020 at 05:12, _Ben_ said:

Thanks! So far, the hardest move up was the Vanarama National in this save. We seem to managing well in the League 2 and 1. 

On 09/01/2021 at 05:17, Maw74 said:

Losing players like that is very tough, what is your transfer budget, I know you are not using it but the board would think, great bit of money for club and you can go for good but cheaper replacements.

Yea, it makes financial sense especially since our balance dropped in the red for the first time last season. It still screws me over big time though!