Brexit in FM21

So speculative post-brexit WP rules applied, however well founded.

But implemented badly - scouting, DoF etc, as reported here.

Defenders - but its brexit and we are all doomed.

Other camp - I want to play the game my way and not be subject to these restrictions so I can buy more than a few % of my database.

I think an easy way to turn-off brexit and live in an alternate future would suit both sides.  (At least those who do not want to impose their view on the other side.).  But SI say no - apparently.

Hopefully the pre-game editor will come to rescue.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Do all top athletes pay tax in this country then?

Genuine question (and probably off topic so mods delete if required!) I wouldn't be so sure. There are loopholes which we have already learned that business owners and politicians allegedly exploit.

I don't know why sports people wouldn't be the same but who knows.

In terms of the wage they earn from their clubs yes they will be paying tax before the money even gets to their bank account. What they do with their business outside of their club will be on an individual basis.

You did say it was off topic anyway but the government would still want the footballers to be in country regardless as they still contribute so much tax wise. Massive losses would be made if all of a sudden those top earning footballers were gone from the country.

41 minutes ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Other camp - I want to play the game my way and not be subject to these restrictions so I can buy more than a few % of my database.

I think an easy way to turn-off brexit and live in an alternate future would suit both sides.  (At least those who do not want to impose their view on the other side.).  But SI say no - apparently.

Just to make it clear, I dont think anyone is defending the broken implementation.

Btw SI, apart from this issue and the zoom issue during matches I am loving the game. But this is a very big issue

Edited by francis#17

4 hours ago, bringbacklilnux said:

No - the actual current rules which will be applied as things stand are being applied, they just don't work very well.

Not sure anyone has said "but it's Brexit and we're all doomed", but at the same time some people seem to have their heads in the sand.

People from outside the European Union have had to obtain work permits before brexit, both in and out of football. The home office has quite openly said that the new system will see a decrease in immigration from BOTH EU and non EU countries.

Therefore the restrictions for everyone will be stricter.

No doubt the Premier League is going to try and get round that - but as it stands things are moving towards the scenario that is badly modelled in the game.

Honestly, this nonsense about people "scaremongering" over Brexit has resulted in a bit of a mess in reality. There is nothing to be gained from pretending it is happening here too. 

Factually - the speculation at this point would be to assume that things will be different for football than they are for owt else. There is no evidence that this will be the case as it stands. This is fact. It's not scaremongering.

As for your other point, completely understand that people want to play their game their own way. I don't think SI will include an easy option to turn it off and on because they don't do that with any other league rules aside from in the editor.

3 hours ago, francis#17 said:

Just to make it clear, I dont think anyone is defending the broken implementation.

Btw SI, apart from this issue and the zoom issue during matches I am loving the game. But this is a very big issue

This. 

I want it to work properly and I want it to reflect reality.

The problem is that the people who are saying it's "not realistic" and it "won't end up like that" are basing this on a combination of hope, speculation and guess work.

11 minutes ago, Manu_41 said:

I can only sign 42 players out of 6845. This is not normal please fix it.

20201122173657_1.thumb.jpg.a77366a0909c883fbe48e8a8a0b56a34.jpg

20201122173752_1.thumb.jpg.d6f2032cba3741671caaea4fa405ae27.jpg

Who can't you sign that you think you should be able to? I don't need a list of all 6000 odd obviously. Just a couple of examples would be good. Then the developer can understand who can't sign who should be able to.

Just saying "I want to sign more" isn't constructive.

1 hour ago, Manu_41 said:

I can only sign 42 players out of 6845.

20201122173752_1.thumb.jpg.d6f2032cba3741671caaea4fa405ae27.jpg

Yes it impoverishes the game.

And may likely impoverish the 'reality'.

Or not, depending on your perspective of course.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Who can't you sign that you think you should be able to? I don't need a list of all 6000 odd obviously. Just a couple of examples would be good. Then the developer can understand who can't sign who should be able to.

Just saying "I want to sign more" isn't constructive.

It's about work permit issue. 

1 hour ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Yes it impoverishes the game.

And may likely impoverish the 'reality'.

Or not, depending on your perspective of course.

Of course i want this game to be realistic but this is about work permit. 6000 players are already interested about joining me but after the work permit filter only 42 player that i can sign. Is this realistic to you?

5 minutes ago, Manu_41 said:

It's about work permit issue. 

Yes, I understand that.  

42 out of 6845 is obviously quite a low number.  But we can see some of the players you can sign from your screenshot.  Could you show us some you can't sign so we can understand?

From those screenshots of @Manu_41 the 6000+ players include those that don't need a WP (so will include all the UK and those that don't need one etc.). It would be interesting to see a list of just those that would require one and then obviously those that are likely to get one (I don't actually know what those work permit drop down options are) and see what the discrepancy is.

55 minutes ago, Manu_41 said:

Of course i want this game to be realistic but this is about work permit. 6000 players are already interested about joining me but after the work permit filter only 42 player that i can sign. Is this realistic to you?

Certainly not what I want.

But whether it is realistic depends on the actual rules implemented by the FA and whether these are accurately implemented in the game.

The latter seems not to be case in the beta according to comments here.  The former is still speculation, although some claim (probably correctly) the likely reality post 31 December 2020.

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Hey @AllyJoseph and @Manu_41 could you post your examples in the bugs forum please. The mod in the beta feedback thread asked for it to be reported there

All the mods have been telling people to do this, yes. so cheers for reminding people.

If people think there is a bug with how it works (not that post-2020 transfers from abroad will require work permits, because they will), post it in the bug forum. This includes if you think the work permits aren't being applied correctly and international players who perhaps would get a work permit aren't receiving them.

Posting screenshots and bugs in this thread does just about zilch to help get any potential bugs with the work permit system sorted before the release of the full game on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I did. yes. so cheers for reminding people.

If people think there is a bug with how it works (not that post-2020 transfers from abroad will require work permits, because they will), post it in the bug forum. This includes if you think the work permits aren't being applied correctly and international players who perhaps would get a work permit aren't receiving them.

Posting screenshots and bugs in this thread does just about zilch to help get any potential bugs with the work permit system sorted before the release of the full game on Tuesday.

Cheers, If you have a read thread through this thread you will see that there are game breaking bugs (literally and I'm not just saying that) with the brexit implementation so in order to avoid this biting SI in the butt come release I think this should be sent to SI regardless of people in this thread deciding to post in the bugs forum.

16 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Cheers, If you have a read thread through this thread you will see that there are game breaking bugs (literally and I'm not just saying that) with the brexit implementation so in order to avoid this biting SI in the butt come release I think this should be sent to SI regardless of people in this thread deciding to post in the bugs forum.

Entirely possible, but without the uploaded saves from these people, etc, SI have no way to quickly replicate the circumstances in people's careers, and aren't able to fix it.

Therefore - SI can look at threads across the forum, but if people don't post to the bug forum and provide the information SI actually needs to review the issue (such as copies of saves), the speed with which any issue gets fixed is greatly reduced, so if you want bugs to be fixed sooner rather than later, post reports and info in the bug forum. 

Otherwise, what's the point of having a single place for all bugs to be reported?

1 hour ago, Mikal said:

From those screenshots of @Manu_41 the 6000+ players include those that don't need a WP (so will include all the UK and those that don't need one etc.). It would be interesting to see a list of just those that would require one and then obviously those that are likely to get one (I don't actually know what those work permit drop down options are) and see what the discrepancy is.

I put my stats on yesterday regarding this (previous page I think). 55,000 search results, 46,000 required a WP and of those it was about 150 that returned as "work permit likely" or "work permit likely after appeal"

On 22/11/2020 at 19:41, Jonthedon26 said:

I put my stats on yesterday regarding this (previous page I think). 55,000 search results, 46,000 required a WP and of those it was about 150 that returned as "work permit likely" or "work permit likely after appeal"

If it really is that bad then this is a little worrying. Hopefully this can be edited out.

Edited by dys0n

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Entirely possible, but without the uploaded saves from these people, etc, SI have no way to quickly replicate the circumstances in people's careers, and aren't able to fix it.

Therefore - SI can look at threads across the forum, but if people don't post to the bug forum and provide the information SI actually needs to review the issue (such as copies of saves), the speed with which any issue gets fixed is greatly reduced, so if you want bugs to be fixed sooner rather than later, post reports and info in the bug forum. 

Otherwise, what's the point of having a single place for all bugs to be reported?

It's very difficult to send them a save when its a bug from a subjective stand point. Is the feature working as intended? Yes! The bug isn't that people are not getting work permits, that's the issue. The problem is the game hasn't been balanced to take the decreased work permits into account. Sending them my save will not prove that fact? I could perhaps send them my save to show them that all my scouting recommendations are for players who can not get work permits, but I don't think that tackles the actual issue.

This isn't a bug issue, this is a balance issue. Less work permits means less players, less players means things like club visions need to be tweeked to account for that, it means that the AI needs to be tweeked to stop them buying young foreigners who will never play, it means the domestic transfer market would need re-jigging, it would require younger British players to be more receptive and proactive about wanting moves without first team football.

These are not bugs, everything for me(except scouting) is working as intended, it's the intended outcome itself which is flawed.

37 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

It's very difficult to send them a save when its a bug from a subjective stand point. Is the feature working as intended? Yes! The bug isn't that people are not getting work permits, that's the issue. The problem is the game hasn't been balanced to take the decreased work permits into account. Sending them my save will not prove that fact? I could perhaps send them my save to show them that all my scouting recommendations are for players who can not get work permits, but I don't think that tackles the actual issue.

This isn't a bug issue, this is a balance issue. Less work permits means less players, less players means things like club visions need to be tweeked to account for that, it means that the AI needs to be tweeked to stop them buying young foreigners who will never play, it means the domestic transfer market would need re-jigging, it would require younger British players to be more receptive and proactive about wanting moves without first team football.

These are not bugs, everything for me(except scouting) is working as intended, it's the intended outcome itself which is flawed.

You should upload the save and just say theres hardly any players getting a work permit and this causes an imbalance and then SI can deal with it from there. Best not to worry yourself about the small details like if it meets the technical term of a bug exactly. It's an issue and that's the most important thing.

As a side note the work permit acceptance rate likely is a bug. Common sense tells me 150 out of 6000 players getting a WP is not something SI or anyone else believe to be true, the only reason we cant say it's a bug for sure is because the WP rules arent transparent so it's best to let them know as it looks like a bug. This isnt about me not being happy with the implementation it's about an implementation that I'm 99% sure isnt working how SI want it to. A Serie A regular starter than plays for his national team is getting a WP, that has never been the debate with the FA, Home Office and Premier League, it's more about the players that play in more obscure leagues.

Edited by francis#17

3 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

You should upload the save and just say theres hardly any players getting a work permit and this causes an imbalance and then SI can deal with it from there. Best not to worry yourself about the small details like if it meets the technical term of a bug exactly. It's an issue and that's the most important thing.

As a side note the work permit acceptance rate likely is a bug. Common sense tells me 150 out of 6000 players getting a WP is not something SI or anyone else believe to be true, the only reason we cant say it's a bug for sure is because the WP rules arent transparent so it's best to let them know as it looks like a bug. This isnt about me not being happy with the implementation it's about an implementation that I'm 99% sure isnt working how SI want it to. A Serie A regular starter than plays for his national team is getting a WP, that has never been the debate with the FA, Home Office and Premier League, it's more about the players that play in more obscure leagues.

But I don't think players not getting work permits are causing an imbalance, I think players not getting work permits should BE balanced. It's not me thinking more people should get work permits, it's that the game should take into account that less people are getting work permits so club visions should be tweeked, prices, moves, clubs buying policies etc should be balanced to take Brexit into account.

I think we are likely to see very harsh work permit rules and I have faith in SI to implement whatever ruling we get correctly, I just think that everyones so focussed on the "like/dislike" debate and getting the rule right, that the balancing surrounding it hasn't been changed to make it more accurate.+

So, I'm just starting my second season with Newcastle and I'm finding it's virtually impossible to sign anyone from abroad who I can actually play!!

Although I have signed 3 players (Manual Gasparini, Marco Kana and Sergio Gomez), I was unable to secure work permits for them. I signed them thinking I could just loan them out for a season, however, no clubs are interested in any of them. 

How am I suppose to improve my squad if I can't sign players I can play!??

Although some may see this as a challenge, I just find it incredibly frustrating! I get Brexit is a real thing, however, there has to to be some give in allow me to at least try and compete. 

Has anyone figured out any solutions to this problem?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, micky045 said:

So, I'm just starting my second season with Newcastle and I'm finding it's virtually impossible to sign anyone from abroad who I can actually play!!

Although I have signed 3 players (Manual Gasparini, Marco Kana and Sergio Gomez), I was unable to secure work permits for them. I signed them thinking I could just loan them out for a season, however, no clubs are interested in any of them. 

Although some may see this as a challenge, I just find it incredibly frustrating! I get Brexit is a real thing, however, there has to to be some give in allow me to at least try and compete. 

Thanks

yeah, either edit data files when the games released on Tuesday through the editor,  or Play Touch mode and get the Remove Work Permits unlockable, or hope its tweaked for full release.

59 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

But I don't think players not getting work permits are causing an imbalance, I think players not getting work permits should BE balanced. It's not me thinking more people should get work permits, it's that the game should take into account that less people are getting work permits so club visions should be tweeked, prices, moves, clubs buying policies etc should be balanced to take Brexit into account.

I think we are likely to see very harsh work permit rules and I have faith in SI to implement whatever ruling we get correctly, I just think that everyones so focussed on the "like/dislike" debate and getting the rule right, that the balancing surrounding it hasn't been changed to make it more accurate.+

I'm actually agreeing with this, probs wasnt clear from my previous message

I'm really confused now because of all the things that have been discussed on this thread. 

The game represents Brexit as best we know it, although that's possibly going to change as discussed.

But are we saying that the board's don't seem to get it and set objectives which can't be achieved due to the new rules?

And the new rules aren't clearly detailed in the game?

Is that where we are?

15 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

How does that work for Scouts as I thought coaching badges were more for coaches.

Scouts will be a struggle I think, but I imagine in real life there will be ways around it.  I would have thought a club after a French scout could just pay him as a contractor or something like that. He doesn't actually have to leave France.

On 14/11/2020 at 09:25, Domathon said:

I find this extreme difficult mode interesting but like I said already having a large database with 200k players and only being able to sign 4/5% of them It will kill the game for many, this thread will get massive when people who get hard mode brexit realise their peril...

Surprised it took 9 days, need to fix the wp bug although it’s an interesting fix to my hard brexit 😇 

I'm really confused now because of all the things that have been discussed on this thread. 

The game represents Brexit as best we know it, although that's possibly going to change as discussed.

But are we saying that the board's don't seem to get it and set objectives which can't be achieved due to the new rules?

And the new rules aren't clearly detailed in the game?

Is that where we are?

Yep this is where we are

9 hours ago, micky045 said:

Thanks

I'm doing a West Brom save (second season) and whilst there have been plenty of targets I haven't been able to get, there's still plenty of options out there. It's just a lot harder to get WPs for uncapped teenagers. Try looking at younger (21-24yo) players from middling nations (I've signed players from Poland, Croatia, Moldova, Israel, Austria etc) who are actually capped internationally, as they will be able to get work permits, and will be cheap. If a player doesn't get a WP I rarely waste money signing them unless they are that good.

It's no surprise the players you listed didn't get work permits when they are 18 and have barely played senior football.

Also we might just have to suck it up and pay a premium for EFL players more often this year. There are good players in the Championship/League One especially for weaker Prem sides.  It makes the game harder but it's a new challenge and I'm enjoying it.

47 minutes ago, CJG21 said:

I'm doing a West Brom save (second season) and whilst there have been plenty of targets I haven't been able to get, there's still plenty of options out there. It's just a lot harder to get WPs for uncapped teenagers. Try looking at younger (21-24yo) players from middling nations (I've signed players from Poland, Croatia, Moldova, Israel, Austria etc) who are actually capped internationally, as they will be able to get work permits, and will be cheap. If a player doesn't get a WP I rarely waste money signing them unless they are that good.

It's no surprise the players you listed didn't get work permits when they are 18 and have barely played senior football.

Also we might just have to suck it up and pay a premium for EFL players more often this year. There are good players in the Championship/League One especially for weaker Prem sides.  It makes the game harder but it's a new challenge and I'm enjoying it.

And this is why if there is a problem with how it is working it will be difficult for SI to resolve. The posts which offer relevant examples of work permit issues are likely to get lost amongst people either saying that it shouldn't be in the game because they think it will be different in reality (despite no actual evidence of this being the case), or that they simply think they should be able to sign a Brazilian wonderkid just because they want to, which shows a fundamental lack of understanding in respect of the realities of the real life situation.

On this very thread, people who have pointed to actual evidence have been told they are scaremongering or implications have been chucked about saying that we want it to be like this as if it's a political agenda. The developer was even accused of being arrogant and self serving earlier in the thread.

54 minutes ago, CJG21 said:

What players have you signed them? 

24 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

What players have you signed them? 

Oleg Reabciuk, Joaquin, Sebastian Walukiewicz, Nedim Bajrami, Lovro Majer, Neta Lavi, and Jerome Onguene. They are all <24 years old, <£10mil (only 2 of them cost more than £5mil), and they all got work permits.

On top of that I've signed Perry Ng, Lewis Ferguson, and Keane Lewis-Potter who are British and cheap, and a few older players (Oussama Haddadi, Kwadwo Asamoha, Filip Krovinovic). 

Sure there's no 18 year old wonderkids in there, but every single one of the players I've signed is improving and worth more than what I paid for them. I'm currently 4th, 27 games into the second season.

35 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

And this is why if there is a problem with how it is working it will be difficult for SI to resolve. The posts which offer relevant examples of work permit issues are likely to get lost amongst people either saying that it shouldn't be in the game because they think it will be different in reality (despite no actual evidence of this being the case), or that they simply think they should be able to sign a Brazilian wonderkid just because they want to, which shows a fundamental lack of understanding in respect of the realities of the real life situation.

On this very thread, people who have pointed to actual evidence have been told they are scaremongering or implications have been chucked about saying that we want it to be like this as if it's a political agenda. The developer was even accused of being arrogant and self serving earlier in the thread.

I personally don't think there's anything major that needs changing with it (certainly not in the saves I've run). People seem to be reluctant to change the way they sign players and build squads, because it's making the game slightly harder. Wonderkid hunting as a Prem team has always been ridiculously easy in previous games so I'm personally happy with the Brexit changes in game and the challenges it will bring to long-term saves.

I've not seen anyone posting screenshots of players who fulfil all the criteria who aren't getting work permits, unless I'm missing something.

(And I'm not an SI fanboy, there's plenty of things about FM21 I'm not keen on, but this isn't one of them)

1 hour ago, CJG21 said:

I've not seen anyone posting screenshots of players who fulfil all the criteria who aren't getting work permits, unless I'm missing something.

(And I'm not an SI fanboy, there's plenty of things about FM21 I'm not keen on, but this isn't one of them)

What criteria?

1 minute ago, Pantelas said:

What criteria?

The criteria that will be used unless the Premier League/FA arrange an alternative with the home office in the next 5 weeks.

Which is going to be in line with standard UK work & immigration criteria.

No, not asking about the real-life future. CJG21 is saying that he has not seen anyone posting screenshots of players who fulfil all the criteria and not getting work permits. So, I'm asking him to list the criteria, maybe he's got inside info as to what they specifically are

I think that you are missing the point entirely.

Brexit = fine. The balance of Brexit being implemented = not fine.

I don't think we should be able to sign unknown 18 year olds from anywhere, but the AI sure is doing, and hoarding them in their u23s. People are still getting vision requests that can't be met. My scouts are still telling me to sign a 23 year old in Norway that will never get a work permit. I'm still being quoted 77m for a player that's 22 in Chelsea's reserves.

If you want a hard realistic Brexit, you can't just tack it onto the existing game balance, you need to rebalance the game in order for it to work. THAT is the issue, anything else is moot point in my honest opinion.

3 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

I think that you are missing the point entirely.

Brexit = fine. The balance of Brexit being implemented = not fine.

I don't think we should be able to sign unknown 18 year olds from anywhere, but the AI sure is doing, and hoarding them in their u23s. People are still getting vision requests that can't be met. My scouts are still telling me to sign a 23 year old in Norway that will never get a work permit. I'm still being quoted 77m for a player that's 22 in Chelsea's reserves.

If you want a hard realistic Brexit, you can't just tack it onto the existing game balance, you need to rebalance the game in order for it to work. THAT is the issue, anything else is moot point in my honest opinion.

I'm not missing your point - your point is completely correct. I agree fully that the game should be rebalanced to reflect this. The AI should not be hoarding players and your scouts need to have a clue who is likely to get a permit. Board expectations should reflect this also.

You are right that everything else is a moot point. This is exactly what I was saying - there are a number of "moot points" or noise posts that aren't saying what you are saying, they are simply misunderstanding the work permit thing full stop. People just saying "I can only sign 40 players out of 6,000 - is that realistic?" And then people agreeing blindly.

If your 6000 players are all under 18 South Americans then it is completely realistic. 

Again, there are two discussions on this thread. One of them - which is the one you are having - is useful and outlines things that are not working properly on the game. The other is people fundementally misunderstanding the impact that brexit and immigration laws are about to have on British football.

8 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I'm not missing your point - your point is completely correct. I agree fully that the game should be rebalanced to reflect this. The AI should not be hoarding players and your scouts need to have a clue who is likely to get a permit. Board expectations should reflect this also.

You are right that everything else is a moot point. This is exactly what I was saying - there are a number of "moot points" or noise posts that aren't saying what you are saying, they are simply misunderstanding the work permit thing full stop. People just saying "I can only sign 40 players out of 6,000 - is that realistic?" And then people agreeing blindly.

If your 6000 players are all under 18 South Americans then it is completely realistic. 

Again, there are two discussions on this thread. One of them - which is the one you are having - is useful and outlines things that are not working properly on the game. The other is people fundementally misunderstanding the impact that brexit and immigration laws are about to have on British football.

Then we've obviously got crossed wires here so apologies!

3 minutes ago, AllyJoseph said:

Then we've obviously got crossed wires here so apologies!

Easily done mate, I feel like I'm going in circles in certain threads this last week or so, I sometimes forget which side I am on haha

👍

2 hours ago, CJG21 said:

Oleg Reabciuk, Joaquin, Sebastian Walukiewicz, Nedim Bajrami, Lovro Majer, Neta Lavi, and Jerome Onguene. They are all <24 years old, <£10mil (only 2 of them cost more than £5mil), and they all got work permits.

On top of that I've signed Perry Ng, Lewis Ferguson, and Keane Lewis-Potter who are British and cheap, and a few older players (Oussama Haddadi, Kwadwo Asamoha, Filip Krovinovic). 

Sure there's no 18 year old wonderkids in there, but every single one of the players I've signed is improving and worth more than what I paid for them. I'm currently 4th, 27 games into the second season.

This is why I am so confused as in my save I can't get any of these sorts of players. I have a choice of signing either players from the UK (who don't need a WP) and of the remaining 46,000 players in my player search list, only 150 (0.3%) are able to get a WP which to me sounds like a bug....but I just don't know as there isn't enough detail in the criteria within the game to establish that.

4 minutes ago, Jonthedon26 said:

This is why I am so confused as in my save I can't get any of these sorts of players. I have a choice of signing either players from the UK (who don't need a WP) and of the remaining 46,000 players in my player search list, only 150 (0.3%) are able to get a WP which to me sounds like a bug....but I just don't know as there isn't enough detail in the criteria within the game to establish that.

Its worth considering that by January, different players will be eligible depending on what has happened in the save so far. I honestly don't know if that will be the case with those players, but if on one save they have been called up for their international side and another they haven't then this would change their eligibility. There should only be a certain number of players in that gray area though, some players should have already built up the required number of points and there shouldn't be much flux with absolute top level players.

If you aren't convinced it's working properly I would post in the bugs forum 👍

3 hours ago, Pantelas said:

No, not asking about the real-life future. CJG21 is saying that he has not seen anyone posting screenshots of players who fulfil all the criteria and not getting work permits. So, I'm asking him to list the criteria, maybe he's got inside info as to what they specifically are

If you look on the Premier League rules within in the game there is an entire section dedicated to Work Permit rules. When you offer someone a contract it will tell you specifically what rules that they haven't passed making them unlikely to get a WP. IE international appearances, league appearances, league reputation, european competition appearances.

2 minutes ago, CJG21 said:

If you look on the Premier League rules within in the game there is an entire section dedicated to Work Permit rules. When you offer someone a contract it will tell you specifically what rules that they haven't passed making them unlikely to get a WP. IE international appearances, league appearances, league reputation, european competition appearances.

Yes i know that section, but does one know what that threshold is, i.e. how many more points are required, and how those points are allocated?

1 minute ago, Pantelas said:

Yes i know that section, but does one know what that threshold is, i.e. how many more points are required, and how those points are allocated?

The threshold is 15 points. I am not playing in the UK - @CJG21 does the game tell you how many points a player has?