[FM 21] Making Dinamo Split With Hajduk

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Promoted Players 2025/26

image.png.6448bdd2bc9d2e72678d94a778a8aa53.pngimage.png.c6b3ff5d7fe29032b8aa4059322e2b7a.png

We have promoted only two players this season and both of them attacking players. Aloisio is versatile midfielder with strong mentals and good tehcnical ability. He is getting there in terms of physicality but will never be a world beater. Solomon reminds me of Peter Crouch :D  Top tier technically, tall and with lots of flair but not the most prolific of the scorers. Still scores them somehow.

Edited by -Jef-

HomeGrown Update

image.thumb.png.1e4102e9ab756a7a74e11c5085e8f7b5.png

12 HGC, 6 HGN. Oprea, Solomon and Aloisio all to be HGN in 2026.

Still 3 short of having 15 HGC players in the team.

Below are all II team, U19 and loaned out players by PPA and selected are players that are or will be HGC.

image.thumb.png.1968ad35878d023bece9059d928e6d3a.png

A player will be HGC if he spends 3 or more years in the club before his 22nd birthday.

Edited by -Jef-

@-Jef-, do you have control over the u19 and B teams in terms of selection?
Trying to make my more promising youngsters play but it has been impossible. btw, using the methods you use and the training schedules (using a few of mins aswell) and the training ratings have gotten much better and a few players already took a leap in a few months!

1 hour ago, josel15 said:

@-Jef-, do you have control over the u19 and B teams in terms of selection?
Trying to make my more promising youngsters play but it has been impossible. btw, using the methods you use and the training schedules (using a few of mins aswell) and the training ratings have gotten much better and a few players already took a leap in a few months!

Nope, I let my U19 and II managers select the teams due to II team having some FGN/HG restrictions in second tier. When I give them a solid team they usually smash the league, just like this season.

image.png.0ec1dc76f474ac24f0348951c54a21f3.png

U19 is looking poor this year but even with poor squad they are 4th in the league.

Glad to see that the methods I use work. And sometimes you have to stuck with youngsters even when they make heaps of mistakes like Oprea early in his Hajduk career. Now he's marvelous :D

Edited by -Jef-

Youth Intake Preview

Z26Hv7D.png

One keeper and one defensive mid. We have lots of central defenders, a right back, strikers and right wingers in our youth system so this will fill out the gaps nicely. New HoYD doing his job :D

Edited by -Jef-

CL Group Decider

image.png.191e3e843213eb61d98130547870ac64.png

image.png.11657f5afcc7f2abf13c3b1d1b98a03f.png

I need to win and either Chelsea has to win, they need to draw or Chelsea need to lose by a lot.

Biggest Sale Yet! Jan 2026

image.png.44cb8825d41299b8488cf9195fb30a11.png

He was brought in for €7.25m and getting sold for 10x the price. Looks and plays like a world class midfielder!

image.thumb.png.79bf2d6506f741cd336b3fe2411be081.png

image.thumb.png.1a6dc98e8c93b73596229204209016ca.png

Yard Sale :D  Feb 2026

image.png.c6fad029ea7bc940faedc67f8ef6d901.png

image.png.a87f3e09903fa13e70407c704a35e159.png

image.png.7e3374075d8913ee81411536d3778af2.png

All three of the players were very interested in leaving and I promised to sell Lusavec if bid of 20m came and it did. I am not the one to force players into staying especially since I have heaps of players waiting to get promoted.

image.png.f21fad75a4007405d250cce3cd498379.pngimage.png.25d8e2e88548e7361b6c0a1a107484d0.pngimage.png.6bddd36fbade00618b7f086127c1e06f.png

And the replacements/promoted players areeeeeeeeeeee...

image.png.ca907a73e4dcc2b82433f2a240df34e6.pngimage.png.d3fc80a9f68594ec675ddf2289a1abe5.pngimage.png.c1ba5cebe615fbbabf8802d52a44befe.png

All three are HGC so am extremely happy with that.

On 31/01/2021 at 17:44, -Jef- said:

Youth Intake Preview

Z26Hv7D.png

One keeper and one defensive mid. We have lots of central defenders, a right back, strikers and right wingers in our youth system so this will fill out the gaps nicely. New HoYD doing his job :D

Intake Mar 2026

image.thumb.png.257032e5e074736485a526dd219ffa7c.png

I hate my youth staff :D Only positive is the two lads from our affiliates.

Edited by -Jef-

Interested to see how this is "good group of players". Are PA low-ish due to first team having high PA? Is one of my wonderkids ruining the PA stars? @Jimbokav1971, sorry to ping you but maybe you have some insight in this. I know you have dabbled in this issue in your threads and played far more seasons than me. Is it possible that having high PA in first team/II team/U19 is ruining PPA of youth intakes and being good group of players means they're good compared to league average/club average but my outlier player is making the stars lower?

On 05/02/2021 at 21:12, -Jef- said:

Is it possible that having high PA in first team/II team/U19 is ruining PPA of youth intakes and being good group of players means they're good compared to league average/club average but my outlier player is making the stars lower?

Not exactly. Your Youth Intake doesn't get compared to the PA of the existing players at the club. It gets compared to the CA of the best existing players at the club. 

You have no 5.0 CA players but you do have 3x 4.5 CA players in Vuskovic, (defender), Erismar, (midfielder) and Arizo, (striker). I don't know for 100%, but rather than your whole youth intake being judged against the best player at the club, I think they are judged against the best existing players who play in a smilar position. Because you effectively have all positions, (except GK), covered by the 3 above players. (def, mid & att), this will effectively downgrade players in those positions, (I think). Your best GK though is only 2.5 CA, (Semper), so I think your GK's might not be downgraded quite so much, so might be ranked higher. Sure enough, when I look at your intake, 1 of the 3x 1.0 CA players is a GK and he also has the equal best PA at 3.0. 
What I would say though is that looking at CA/PA ratings on Day 1 of a Youth Intake is a complete waste of time. I know we all do it, (we can't help it), but it's still a waste of time in my experience. Even with staff with good JPA JPP attributes, the variance between what they tell you in the report on Day 1 and what the actual truth is, is enormous. You get a better report after 1 month, but I wait for whole season before think I can start to rely on a report at all. 

It really is largely guesswork though. In a Youth Only save it's much easier to stick with players and give them time, but in a save like yours where you are also buying players, it's really hard. 
Good luck.

Edited by Jimbokav1971
7 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Not exactly. Your Youth Intake doesn't get compared to the PA of the existing players at the club. It gets compared to the CA of the best existing players at the club. 

You have no 5.0 CA players but you do have 3x 4.5 CA players in Vuskovic, (defender), Erismar, (defender) and Arizo, (striker). I don't know for 100%, but rather than your whole youth intake being judged against the best player at the club, I think they are judged against the best existing players who play in a smilar position. Because you effectively have all positions, (except GK), covered by the 3 above players. (def, mid & att), this will effectively downgrade players in those positions, (I think). Your best GK though is only 2.5 CA, (Semper), so I think your GK's might not be downgraded quite so much, so might be ranked higher. Sure enough, when I look at your intake, 1 of the 3x 1.0 CA players is a GK and he also has the equal best PA at 3.0. 
What I would say though is that looking at CA/PA ratings on Day 1 of a Youth Intake is a complete waste of time. I know we all do it, (we can't help it), but it's still a waste of time in my experience. Even with staff with good JPA JPP attributes, the variance between what they tell you in the report on Day 1 and what the actual truth is, is enormous. You get a better report after 1 month, but I wait for whole season before think I can start to rely on a report at all. 

It really is largely guesswork though. In a Youth Only save it's much easier to stick with players and give them time, but in a save like yours where you are also buying players, it's really hard. 
Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. And I do know that day 1 report is BS but was trying to see if there is a reason to subpar intakes despite best hoyd, facilities and pretty decent national stats for youth intakes.

Also, since Erismar is sold I checked his PA and it does turn out that he has incredibly high PA (Mbappe level) and that could lower the PPA of players I have. Since I brought in Erismar Muric dropped from 4* to 2.5* CA because Erismar is such a beast. There should be some decent prospects in the intake. Appreciate the input!

November-March 25/26 Update

image.png.8bbf9a5d505dfc5672e181f05478ea58.png

image.thumb.png.85eb3f38f603b6c4320fa96bcc779f45.png

Unfortunately I have not done much reports this season. Part of that is my lower motivation to play the game and my extremely reduced time to spend playing video games. That just means that I am either playing because I somehow enjoy it and forget to update the thread, which means that some of the important stuff are forgotten, or I play other video games that I enjoy. This is the annual rut that I have that in January/February I lose a bit of motivation for FM but do get it back in March/April. So, apologies to those that follow for other things but for now the reports will be short and hopefully sweet :)

This Makes Me Motivated :D

t9WtjYwABc.gif

It's a goal for 3-0 but it does mean I am doing something right. Lovely move and finish by Lovric who is constantly injured this season. When age turned 30 he turned injury prone :(

This has been the tactics lately. After being obsessed with Very Fluid for 2 season I have gone away from it.

image.png.7779bfdda8fd81352196382d4166ed0b.png

6 hours ago, -Jef- said:

Thanks a lot for the feedback. And I do know that day 1 report is BS but was trying to see if there is a reason to subpar intakes despite best hoyd, facilities and pretty decent national stats for youth intakes.

Also, since Erismar is sold I checked his PA and it does turn out that he has incredibly high PA (Mbappe level) and that could lower the PPA of players I have. Since I brought in Erismar Muric dropped from 4* to 2.5* CA because Erismar is such a beast. There should be some decent prospects in the intake. Appreciate the input!

Remember though, although Erismar being sold will indeed have indeed lowered the bar against which other midfielders were being judged against, remember that it wasn't his PA that you should have checked but his CA. Having said that, it only drops from 4.5 4.0 (Brnas), so the difference in CA might not be that great. The accurate difference between each level could be as many as 20 CA points, (which is obviously a lot), but because we know most reports aren't accurate, (especially with young players), it's quite reasonable to suggest that it might be as much as a 30 CA difference gap, (especially at that age, I think they are both about 20), when we factor in inaccuracies. 

On 08/02/2021 at 01:51, Jimbokav1971 said:

Remember though, although Erismar being sold will indeed have indeed lowered the bar against which other midfielders were being judged against, remember that it wasn't his PA that you should have checked but his CA. Having said that, it only drops from 4.5 4.0 (Brnas), so the difference in CA might not be that great. The accurate difference between each level could be as many as 20 CA points, (which is obviously a lot), but because we know most reports aren't accurate, (especially with young players), it's quite reasonable to suggest that it might be as much as a 30 CA difference gap, (especially at that age, I think they are both about 20), when we factor in inaccuracies. 

Yeah, the difference was not that big (around 10-15 iirc) but Erismar has higher rep and was Brazilian international player. Thanks for the help! Players are actually developing nicely and having really high CA does lower the perceived potential of newer players. And in August, so 6 months after, two are 3.5* PA which is better level than my best player.

Edited by -Jef-

image.png.b3650fc3671ad892375dfbf04d9a1d3c.png

image.png.a88065c506dcc8d6553637a0c8b77928.png

image.thumb.png.dfb711cd0b78c3a82deddf32fad77a86.png

image.thumb.png.850e0afb0cffe4a9d28f891214786b99.png

image.png.b9d923deef8ac818137f06bc0677fac8.png

image.thumb.png.5886e656846602d8f1f4cb7c25e2508a.png

image.thumb.png.dc478a6470b5b37e9b29e7b94a8fa1fe.png

After not having motivation to play I played quite a bit over the weekend and then got busy and just now making updates :D Won the league by a huge margin, won the cup, got knocked out by Barcelona. Huge problem is Arezo not wanting to renew contract but also being extremely picky over where he wants to leave. I have accepted €95m offer for him but he declined Norwich. He didn't want to pair up with old Neymar.

Edited by -Jef-

Another Romanian Wonderkid August 2026

image.png.a4fcc6acf2c33a56ceb913aad3ec7655.png

This is the third Romanian wonderkid that I have nurtured. Solomon reminds me of a bootleg Ibra. Has heaps of potential and looks amazing.

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good to see you still going with this. I guess you're at the stage now where it's quite easy domestically but difficult to.compete against the big boys in Europe. 

That's exactly the stage where I'm at. And the best foreign players have 2-3 yrs of contract left and everyone and their mother is interested in them so no one wants to extend contract. That was the case with Erismar, that is the case right now with Arezo. I actually accepted few offers for Arezo with highest being 95m from Norwich and he declined. But he also declines negotiations with me. I also made some big changes in first team in a long time so there will be update regarding first team just like in first few seasons. I had same 18-20 players in first team for like 2-3 seasons.

New Rules!!

Since it has become painfully obvious to me that I will be dominating domestically but kind of struggle in the Europe I have decided to add two new rules starting from now.

1. Every season I will go to random.org and it will select the formation that I must use for that season - no exceptions! If I am stuck with 541 I must play 541 for the whole season no matter if I am playing 5th tier team in the Cup or Barca I must play the same formation.
  2. I will not accept any offers for a player that has been in first team for 5 full seasons or a player that has 100 league caps for me, unless they explicitly say the want to leave or that they would throw a fit if I didn't accept an offer.

There are 47 formations in FM Tactics creator and the list is spoiled below.

Spoiler

image.png.f6c17e42726b4ab13cb626d9dc3b15a7.png

I will randomize it 3 times without looking.  And the result issssss...

nI9hiRy.gif

And this is how it looks like on the pitch

unknown.png

Not sure what to think of it :D

image.png.dc83b27baffb44990de0e18aab2cffd9.png

Selected players are those who are not for sale unless they want to leave. That's a lot of players that have been with me for a long time.

Edited by -Jef-

Just wanted to clarify that when each formation gets selected I cannot use it again. This means that in 47 years I will not play with same formation.

Arezo Extends!

image.png.82f57d971eaf1bb2cc417eda8311693a.png

By far the highest earner at club, 55% more than next highest earner - Robert Muric. But this means that he is here for at least 6 more years because his 5 year contract starts at the start of next season.

2026/27 Tactic

image.png.e9486841785a6ad65058187a1ea550cc.png

This is how we are going to line up for this season. Tactical style is pretty much the same as always, it was just a matter of finding the roles that would work together.

Top Goalscorer Hunt

The only Hajduk legend is Frane Matosic who has scored an amazing 729 goals in all games, official and unofficial, for the club in 739 apps. With Arezo extending for the next 6 years I wanted to see if it is even slightly possible for him to reach that number.

So this is all official competitions and all friendlies.

• first season - 30 goals
  • second season - 32 goals
  • third season - 23 goals
  • fourth season - 30 goals
  • fifth season(current) - 7 goals

That is total of 122 goals, for an average of 28.75 goals a season. Which means he'd have to play 26 seasons for Hajduk which is obviously impossible :D

Second highest scorer in my team is Kristijan Lovric who is already 30 and gotten slightly injury prone.

He is on 160 goals in total. Last season kind of ruined the pace of 30+ goals a season he had since joining the club.

Is this even possible to accomplish? We'll see. This has also become one of my goals - to develop a player that will be a force to be reckoned with.

FM has Petar Nadoveza with most league goals at 108. Arezo is at 59, Lovric is at 87. Lovric could and should become best scorer in official games in Hajduk's history in next couple of years. Hopefully before he falls of the cliff and I have to force him into being the record breaker.

The Team for 2026/27 Season

This year, with new tactic, there are quite a few new faces. So, let's start...

image.png.4efd045219e7d91970abd3cf8e34911e.png

This year we have 11 HGC players. Which is a let down but there are also 10 HGN players. Also, 4 players will become HGC at the end of the season - Oprea, Panikvar, Aloisio and Solomon.

Goalkeepers

image.png.82fdd821cc300ef00498a581218db04b.pngimage.png.aa40047a922f5274ccffeff9e2655713.png

Semper is definitely a first option and will be for another 5-7 years. Darko looks like an amazing Home Grown talent between the sticks. Big shame that he is incapable of playing as a sweeper keeper. And thus will be purely a backup/cup keeper.

Central Defenders

image.png.15406781f1e7c76ac2da295598d3ade5.pngimage.png.2ac021af1a3631b314acd6f1d0e77b2e.pngimage.png.3cb2194b5c0312574875a452dc03def1.png

Vuskovic is the star of the show, the captain and our most important player. Tall, fast, mentally impeccable and tehnically superb. You will have to pry him from my dead hands, Florentino Perez. Nejasmic is accomplished center back and best option for Libero option. Nygren was brought in during the summer and looks poised for the BPD/Libero spot for next 15 years at my club. Due to him being 16 he is unable to play for first team or II team but would be a direct backup to Vuskovic if he was eligible.

image.png.50c68fbc37a5592ed807eec23b1f7965.pngimage.png.2dafe49eab0bab0e15271ac1a7bb933e.pngimage.png.2cdd304d389d665e651de0a7e31c7225.png

Ivancevic and Oprea are two next best central defenders in the team and have locked their positions in 523. Valenta is a decent backup and will be in the team as long as his contract is not too expensive. There is some HGC tax in those 662k/a.

Wing Backs

Right

image.png.785072fc2d8ab352cc0ca6e1b866c31d.pngimage.png.ef3dbb806a042675796cb3c60362f891.pngimage.png.78d967172688dd2509a8ba2bf917b3e9.png

Barbieri, a Juve youth product, is physically and mentally up there with the best of them and technically he is just good enough for me to not look for replacements. Panikvar is someone who I am retraining as wing back due to his physicality and solid positioning and tackling. His marking is dodgy but as CWB he could be my Dani Alves. Bartolec is unfortunately someone whose abilities have regressed slightly over the years and he is mentally just not up to par anymore and has become injury prone. As far as I'm concerned he is third option until he retires.

Left

image.png.ea4ff8a5e32defb91b284033f5e0be96.pngimage.png.7b5cfbdb5cfd5a729f09acea6955ff34.png

Bradaric is a staple at left back for Hajduk for years and will be for at least another 6-7. Youth product and amazing going forward while adequate defensively. Cabraja is same type of player but just worse. Good pairing tho Marijan has gotten on my nerves a few times :D

Central Midfield

image.png.7eab622a99ba448f1b89cf65b7386373.pngimage.png.4e03bc8fcd4476ec2e1d1de8fcccd707.png

image.png.ff0654864fcc333dbe01a1a0a4a47a51.pngimage.png.79cd271c79a705486ba43b60d966ac18.png

Brnas is youth intake lad and probably best I will have for foreseeable future. What a player. Either footed and so intelligent. Kubista is turning into amazing DLP but slightly worse at most things than Brnas but that's fine because he is amazing mentally.

Grbic is a youth intake lad and even tho he has the technical skills to be a starter his lack of vision is hindering him. Great dynamic player tho. Arnesen is more of a traditional DLP with worse physicals but amazing vision and technique. Nejasmic is actually 3rd option as central mid but he is more needed as central defender at the moment.

Wingers

image.png.6bfad8f3255c26d53b9da5e1825b4a6b.pngimage.png.c78ad33c9c10f44990e62098bc9da175.pngimage.png.97c65dcff6cf31abfae55567a8be6cee.png

image.png.84cfbf87df2897a697ba917a4503a92d.pngimage.png.bce2aec809d74f7aeefa489f41eea8d6.png

Muric, after being injured and having his attributes drop, is having a resurgence at the age of 30! He signed a new contract last summer and just keeps on going! Same as Lovric who I thought was dead player after being out for most of last year. Both just keep on going and will be stars of the show for another 2-3 years hopefully. Cubelic is also really important player that covers both wing positions, DM, CM and CAM successfully he is being played mostly as winger this year with some playing time as Regista and is amazing as usual. Academy product as well. Aloisio was injured to start the season but he will feature a lot this season on the left flank. I have high hopes for him. I have also put Solomon here as I am retraining him to Left Winger position. He is tall at 198 cm and is great technically. Playing one striker formation made me do it and it is going fine so far. He also features up top.

Edited by -Jef-

Strikers

TgTMvvV.pngMu5Ie0N.png

Stars of the show but obviously Arezo is the better one. Perfect striker. Not much to add to it. And while Beljo, with the best name in the team, is first option for Croatian NT - he is not for me. He still plays a lot of games and will play a lot of games. Whoever scores more/has higher rating in last game is the one that plays in the next game.

Transfers Summer 2026/27

image.thumb.png.01a3b79732bde83ee99f58ffd84e6b5f.png

IN

image.png.2bb90dca105e432faabec1c80cacb396.pngimage.png.5c8400f12503484181386158dc86630b.png

Cachada was brought in for fairly cheap and he already provides solid overall package and was immediately sent on loan. Nygren is exciting and will be quick to impress tough Hajduk crowd when he turns 17.

OUT

image.png.4c842cd64e3d67fec7fcf4f0c46bd19d.pngimage.png.75396f6790a1b737c9b1afe625ee448c.pngimage.png.1ea961882fc27e2bf214a9744066c419.png

I am really sad to see Fajt leave as he has developed into a wonderful playmaker out wide. He said he would make a fuss and decided to let him leave. Nijs never really developed and was moaning a lot so decided it was best to part ways. I really tried hard to make Musa into a proper striker but his stats, as shown below, are some of the worse out there. A goal a season is unacceptable.

image.thumb.png.70feb7cc5a953123e5d68faa2756112b.png

Edited by -Jef-
On 21/02/2021 at 12:56, karanhsingh said:

Interesting first formation ha! 

I reckon that you could have a shot in Europe though, at least the conference league. Would be an attainable next goal for the save. 

Winning the conference league is defo in plans. But I want to get another team into CL group stages as that will exponentially improve the league standard.

And the first formation is giving me headaches in Europe :(