Font is blurry (difficult to read) on 1920x1080 resolution (full-screen)

3 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Hi all, we are really sorry you're still experiencing this issue, we are working hard to try and fix this. Please can you provide us with the following: OS, resolution, zoom settings (ingame), is there any setting where the text is fine or is every setting blurry? Please also provide us with a DxDiag/System Info. Details on how to do so here; https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264478-How-to-Find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information#text

same problem 1366x768, windows 10

DxDiag.txt

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Hi all, we are really sorry you're still experiencing this issue, we are working hard to try and fix this. Please can you provide us with the following: OS, resolution, zoom settings (ingame), is there any setting where the text is fine or is every setting blurry? Please also provide us with a DxDiag/System Info. Details on how to do so here; https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264478-How-to-Find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information#text

Ok, There is my DxDiag File

Win10, 1366*768, Nvidia GeForce 940M 2Gb, 8 Gb RAM, Intel Core i5-5200U

DxDiag.txt

in-game zoom: 100% (Is blurry on any percentage)
I don't think blurry is the best word for it i kinda looks like this type of text and makes it very hard to read especially because its everywhere, the only text that doesn't have this bug its the opening before main menu  

Screenshot_1.png.b601bdf12034e1dab43db452a6f5ed6a.png

DxDiag.txt

4 minutes ago, kRypp said:

I don't think blurry is the best word for it i kinda looks like this type of text and makes it very hard to read especially because its everywhere, the only text that doesn't have this bug its the opening before main menu  

DxDiag.txt 105.72 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, this is the best example of how the text looks

Edited by Faicoh
1 hora atrás, kRypp disse:

Thats exactly what happens here...
well, im not surprised, it happened in FM19, FM20...wouldn't be different in FM21...
the game seems unfinished, why not release it in December, January...but release a well tested game before?
as i've lived issues in latest years, i know which will be the procedure...
first, they ask for our logs, after, they ask us to update our graphic boards...then, ask us to update Windows...
then, after that, they will investigate the problem...

I don't know if it helps the devs but i have some way to explain how the textures may be affected.

1.You go to the control panel of nvidia at the color adjustment settings

2. you adjust the 'hue' option to 130 degrees.

this is exactly how the texts look like in game for me.

1 час назад, Kingpit сказал:

I don't know if it helps the devs but i have some way to explain how the textures may be affected.

This is work! Text in this mode is brilliant! But other colours... :confused:

Edited by UniK
17 minutes ago, pablito__tv said:

Hello,

Where is the famous control panel of nvdia ? Is it possible to modify the fonts for the modders ? Maybe if the fonts are bold it's ok 

Yeah you can do that. You can modify the base FM skin. I tried using some Google Fonts. But had other issues (e. g. text color was black on some parts instead of white).

You can download the base skins here: https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/fm2021/skin/fm21-base-skins#h.p_4d9F-v3-KUtm

Edited by Cloonix
4 hours ago, Kingpit said:

Well, 130-degree hue makes the ingame text really really good (of course, except the colors). This is how it should be.

Btw, the 21.1.1 patch does not fix the issue.

7 minutes ago, Serkan FY said:

Well, 130-degree hue makes the ingame text really really good (of course, except the colors). This is how it should be.

Btw, the 21.1.1 patch does not fix the issue.

Please stop about this hue-setting. What you do is, that you just neutralize the ghosting effect, because of the color of the ghost effect. That's not near to a solution. 

The issue lays in the used font in FM21: GT-America<whatever>.ttf - The scaling of this font is bogus. If i use another font in the skin, the font is fine. 

Just now, Cloonix said:

Please stop about this hue-setting. What you do is, that you just neutralize the ghosting effect, because of the color of the ghost effect. That's not near to a solution. 

The issue lays in the used font in FM21: GT-America<whatever>.ttf - The scaling of this font is bogus. If i use another font in the skin, the font is fine. 

Oh so you found a fix? Which font are using? Got any screens to compare? 

1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

Oh so you found a fix? Which font are using? Got any screens to compare? 

As i mentioned before. I used the base skin and used the Google font RobotoCondensed. But still not playable because of font color problems. Black instead of white on some parts. 

20 minutes ago, Cloonix said:

Who says it is a solution? On the contrary, changing the hue is terrible. The thing is that the ingame text becomes clearer with modified hue. So basically, we talk about the same thing. The issue is about the game font, not our systems or color parameters.

Edited by Serkan FY

How long can we wait for a solution to such a small but important problem known since November 11?

On 24/11/2020 at 14:30, Luke Hume said:

10 hours ago, Cloonix said:

As i mentioned before. I used the base skin and used the Google font RobotoCondensed. But still not playable because of font color problems. Black instead of white on some parts. 

Can you give a tutorial on how to change the fonts on a base skin please? 

There is a desire to play for me, but I don't really want to damage my eyes.

10 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

They don't even say: We're working on the fix...

All we see is silence, to fix...

Noise to sell...

C'mon SI your game is BLURRY!! 

That's the only thing they suggest: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015206497-The-screen-appears-unusual-when-starting-the-game-and-or-I-m-unable-to-click-any-buttons-within-the-game#text

In short: Verify steam game files and delete your cache.

LOL

There is an update for the game today 303 mb ... still no fix

According to steam from fm12 till fm20 i have played 19605 hours totally.... it is the first year that the game is unplayable for me.

I DON'T LIKE REHAB... I WANT TO LOSE ALL MY BRAIN CELLS IN FM21 DURING THE QUARANTINE :D

Edited by Kingpit
12 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

They don't even say: We're working on the fix...

All we see is silence, to fix...

Noise to sell...

C'mon SI your game is BLURRY!! 

Hey,

Appreciate the frustration. We are 100% working on this. I am sorry it's still an issue.

No, today's hotfix was not for this. Whilst ideally we'd put fixes out immediately, in some instances we need to have additional testing time to make sure there aren't knock-on effects from changes. When we do make changes to this area it'll be clearly stated in any changelist, you will be told :)

It is not forgotten about, still an issue we're looking to address. Again, I'm sorry it's still an issue, but we are working on it.

On 26/11/2020 at 16:22, Tony Garvey said:

Hey,

Appreciate the frustration. We are 100% working on this. I am sorry it's still an issue.

No, today's hotfix was not for this. Whilst ideally we'd put fixes out immediately, in some instances we need to have additional testing time to make sure there aren't knock-on effects from changes. When we do make changes to this area it'll be clearly stated in any changelist, you will be told :)

It is not forgotten about, still an issue we're looking to address. Again, I'm sorry it's still an issue, but we are working on it.

any idea when this might be fixed? tried playing tonight and it really hurts my eyes.

cheers,

My experience: I'm playing at 2560x1440  on a G-Sync monitor (native resolution); I don't have a perfect eyesight, but at that resolution is basically mandatory to play zoomed in, and I often do it at 150% or 170% (pics don't do it justice, there is too much compression involved, IMO)

At those zoom values, font looks definitely crispier but then you get less space for everything as a trade-off. 

While I agree that, perhaps, the vast majority of FM players play it at Full HD or even less on a laptop, maybe one day we'll get a perfect looking, 4k interface at 100% zoom (custom skins are a whole other matter, of course).

Wow, a whole weekend spent...without FM21! lol

Sadly. i have to say...
We all know your effort due to COVID problems, but the game this year seems a bit unfinished or not so ready to be released...

- Sometimes you cant click in certain areas
- Text is blurry
- Constant Crashes when opening the game
- There's no Monitor resolutions
- THERE's NO WHITE SKIN

damn, cant believe that you guys at SI, couldnt test this thing, before release...
the blurry text didnt appear?
c'mon!!!

Btw, i wish good luck with the fix!

The WEIRD thing....

There are LOTS of Streamers playing FM21 in Twitch, and i was checking about it...
most of them are using nVidia graphic cards, Windows 10 (2H02) the latest drivers and none of them have this issue...
Some of them have the SAME specs that most of us have, and i can CLEARLY see their screen, and its everything sharp and clear.

hace 1 hora, jeff.fit82 dijo:

The WEIRD thing....

There are LOTS of Streamers playing FM21 in Twitch, and i was checking about it...
most of them are using nVidia graphic cards, Windows 10 (2H02) the latest drivers and none of them have this issue...
Some of them have the SAME specs that most of us have, and i can CLEARLY see their screen, and its everything sharp and clear.

yep, clearly that's why it's taking them so long