Font is blurry (difficult to read) on 1920x1080 resolution (full-screen)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to make sure we are all having the same issue here, those of you who are using Nvidia graphics cards can you make sure Antialisting FXAA is set to off in the settings as shown in the image? 

If this is off and you're still having the problem, it's an FM issue. 

Screenshot 2020-11-15 161510.jpg

1 hour ago, bakersdozen22 said:

Just to make sure we are all having the same issue here, those of you who are using Nvidia graphics cards can you make sure Antialisting FXAA is set to off in the settings as shown in the image? 

If this is off and you're still having the problem, it's an FM issue. 

Yeah... mines off

I think, the issue is about scaling of fonts. If I make scale about 85% fonts become more blurry than in 100% scale.
Can we get scaling over 100%? I remember this option was in previous FM, for example FM18, but 100% is maximum in beta FM21.

This will be a good option for me and a lot of people with laptops or small-size displays.

4 minutes ago, LXLMR said:

I think, the issue is about scaling of fonts. If I make scale about 85% fonts become more blurry than in 100% scale.
Can we get scaling over 100%? I remember this option was in previous FM, for example FM18, but 100% is maximum in beta FM21.

This will be a good option for me and a lot of people with laptops or small-size displays.

It sounds like your zoom settings are like that due to the computer you are using. I could be wrong. I play on a 1080p monitor and I have zoom/scaling up to 125%

2 minutes ago, bakersdozen22 said:

It sounds like your zoom settings are like that due to the computer you are using. I could be wrong. I play on a 1080p monitor and I have zoom/scaling up to 125%

image.png.83d3141375cb79db4dc51698ba89e5e7.png

As you can see, I don't have the size over 100%.

If I will be use 125% in my Windows, the edges of FM21 also will be under edges of my display(

PS: I have HD-display (1366x768) not Full HD. Because of it Windows Scale 100% is looking good for me.

39 minutes ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Not sure if I'm going crazy here.. Can others try this too? Looks a bit better.

Tried it, it does change it but not for the better in my opinion. But if it works for you until they fix it then I'm pleased you've found a temp solution! 

I've tried install Custom Skin by Priisek, but with this I have an issue too - small font is blurry, my eyes can't hold this over 5 minutes... But in intro of FM this small font looks good
(Screenshots are available)
image.png.136e67b81a1b85349729553d68b96ac0.pngimage.png.aa9b2ed59f98a6182fc08a2940ea8f9a.png

You can try custom skin, maybe this skin is not resolve for HD, only for FHD.

I'm still sure I just need to zoom this fonts for consolve this issue, but I don't see this option in Preference (100% is max and also I use it).

1 hour ago, LXLMR said:

I've tried install Custom Skin by Priisek, but with this I have an issue too - small font is blurry, my eyes can't hold this over 5 minutes... But in intro of FM this small font looks good
(Screenshots are available)
image.png.136e67b81a1b85349729553d68b96ac0.pngimage.png.aa9b2ed59f98a6182fc08a2940ea8f9a.png

You can try custom skin, maybe this skin is not resolve for HD, only for FHD.

I'm still sure I just need to zoom this fonts for consolve this issue, but I don't see this option in Preference (100% is max and also I use it).

Hi, unfortunately we can only sort issues using the vanilla game (no custom files). Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Luke Hume said:

Hi, unfortunately we can only sort issues using the vanilla game (no custom files). Thanks. 

I know. Just in this stage of beta-test I cannot play FM21 because of blurry default fonts. And a lot of people of this theme have this problem too.
We hope this problem is already at the stage of solution and it is not so difficult to solve it :)

Edited by LXLMR
2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah as said it's something we're already aware of and investigating. 

Please do not forget - this problem also occurs at HD resolution 1366 * 768. Many laptop owners also expect comfortable gaming ;)

11 minutes ago, LXLMR said:

Has anyone tried to fix the problem in other ways while the developers are fixing it?
Or is everyone resigned and playing with blurry fonts? :D

Fonts do look a bit jaded or blurry compared to FM 20 but on an IPS display they don't look as blurry as on a VA panel for example. tested it myself.

I hope they do have a fix for release though!

5 minutes ago, IrrelevantLion said:

I adjusted the sharpness in Nvidia control panel, works for me 

I tried your way but ,unfortunately, it doesn't work for my HD Display of Laptop. I'm still seeing blur of fonts :(
Apparently I need to wait for the release of the game with fixed problems

I gave up on playing it until its fixed. It is just too much of an eye strain for me. Started giving me headaches. So I'm patiently waiting for a patch.

8 minutes ago, oulzac said:

I gave up on playing it until its fixed. It is just too much of an eye strain for me. Started giving me headaches. So I'm patiently waiting for a patch.

seems the next "patch" is the official game release on 24th.

2 minutes ago, LXLMR said:

Dear developers, when can we expect a patch to solve this problem? Anyone of this thread wants to play without hurting his/her eyes, I think

It's something we're looking to address for the full release on the 24th. Thanks. 

Yes, nothing changed with the full game patch :(
Should we make another thread on the full game bugs?

Windows 10 Enterprise v.2004
System resolution 1920x1080
In game resolution 1920x1080
I tried with both full screen and windowed, nothing changes
Drivers Nvidia 457.30

screenshot.

cxvvcxcvxcxv.png.15a550c815a9f9ac5ea48e765304c307.png

Please admins , prioritize this issue now that the game is released.

It is the first time in 16 years i can't play the game. fm21 preordered 05/10/2020 via steam and couldnt play 5 minutes in the beta. waited 2 weeks till release and still the same issue.

posted my specs on previous post. gtx 1060 etc.

Hi all, we are really sorry you're still experiencing this issue, we are working hard to try and fix this. Please can you provide us with the following: OS, resolution, zoom settings (ingame), is there any setting where the text is fine or is every setting blurry? Please also provide us with a DxDiag/System Info. Details on how to do so here; https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264478-How-to-Find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information#text

when on 100% zoom scale or below the text is blurry. only in 125% is a little bit better but still hard to play.
it feels like the texture quality is much lower than the background image quality and this issue causes shadowing and pixelation around texts.

never again experienced similar texture problem in previous version of the game with the same specs.

System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
                 Language: Greek (Regional Setting: Greek)
      System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
             System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
                     BIOS: F5 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                   Memory: 16384MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
                Page File: 9640MB used, 9124MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)

46 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Hi all, we are really sorry you're still experiencing this issue, we are working hard to try and fix this. Please can you provide us with the following: OS, resolution, zoom settings (ingame), is there any setting where the text is fine or is every setting blurry? Please also provide us with a DxDiag/System Info. Details on how to do so here; https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264478-How-to-Find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information#text

W10, 1920x1080, 100% Zoom. 

Nvidia control panel settings which have reduced the text blur for me are also attached 

3.JPG

DxDiag.txt

Edited by IrrelevantLion
removed screenshots

You should save the dxdiag file an upload it. Screenshots are not helpful.

- On the bottom portion of the DxDiag window there should be a button that says ‘Save All Information’
- Click this and save the file as a txt document.

37 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Windows 10, 1920x1080
In-game Zoom 100%. Text at higher zoom (125%) seem better but everything becomes bigger, so not an ideal way to play the game for many users I guess.

Please find attached the dxdiag file.

DxDiag_Serkan FY.txt

12 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you please provide a screenshot for this from the full version, please?

Resolution: 1920*1080 144hz

Zoom settings: 100%

Is there any setting where the text is fine or is every setting blurry: Everything is blurry

Please also provide us with a DxDiag/System Info: attached below

fm21 left, fm20 right for you guys see the difference

ss.thumb.png.b2711c7c4e53aeaf777ee1a43efa67a5.png

DxDiag.txt

1 hour ago, Luke Hume said:

Windows 10 Enterprise v.2004
System resolution 1920x1080
In game resolution 1920x1080
Zoom 100%, i tried the others but its still the same
The text is blurry after the intro/loading ends. 

Many people already posted screenshots and is literally the same for me
Dx.

DxDiag.txt