Crowy_-Inboxebe238b1fe406beb.png

Mexico_-Fixtures65f34f7e7acd0852.png

INTERNATIONAL PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1530944580_InternationalProgress.thumb.png.36f0f5207a2243b7cc0b32e2b02d2302.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

500929499_CareerStats.png.6c72e3caa5ddd051fc92bfa030ed0264.png

We have our 3rd international trophy locked up putting us half way there on that front, I can almost taste the finish line with 10 trophies left to get overall. We were pretty comfortable as you'd expect in this competition with only one team really a threat in the USA who we managed to beat in the final, I've resigned from Mexico as it's a World Cup season and hoping a better international job will come up after that to help me complete one of the other sections in the international side of the challenge.

335bf20414b1295433f.png

SANTOS

Club Overview ~ Competition Overview ~ Squad Overview ~ Finances

When I started this save way back when, I started in Brazil and while I managed to win the Champions League, I was unable to win a league title or the cup, so once the Santos job became available I knew I wanted to go back and finish what I couldn't at the start of the save with two 2nd's and a 3rd. Another positive is that they're still in the cup for this season so hopefully we can get that in the bag this season so I don't need to focus on that the season after.

Edited by Crowy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 players out! At the end of that first season (if you can call three games a first season).

Currently playing the friendlies of the first full season. There are 12 new faces. With the potential of one more looking to come in. The squad looks much healthier. But I'm not sure if the mass influx isn't going to hamper the increase in quality at the start. 

Also, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking to achieve here. Its not somewhere I want to stay long term. But I don't think its likely to bring me any success in the short term. Although the board have agreed to allow me to go and get my first coaching qualification. So that's a step in the right direction 

Servette FC - Wikipedia

Servette FC & Australia

So after leaving Chivas and getting lucky with the Melbourne City FC job (they were already into the latter stages of the Asian Champions League), I managed to bag a couple leagues & cups. Then got even luckier because I went back to Man City because they were in the Club World Cup and I won that, stayed for a few months and left after begging them to lower the compensation cost for me to join Servette FC, in Switzerland.

Joining in January was alright because they were 3rd in the league and I could build something to challenge the all conquering Basel.

I currently have 7 games left in the league compared to Basel's 6. And when things like this happen, I plea that the FM gods want me to win the league.

image.png.9cdd1b177647985466c43b024d4f0382.png

I have messed up/missed something though. A small detail when registering players about not being unable to replace players that have made an appearance in the league has meant I've sold loads of players and been unable to replace them as such. I do however, have 5 players that were signed and loaned out for 6 months. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C.

I only have 17 first team players registered for the league. The other 8 spaces are "taken" up by players that no longer play for the club.

image.png.65c0ba6e5e93908c64b33cb573fa64cd.png

My finances are great, so i'm looking forward to the off-season. They were already eliminated from the cup, so I need to do another season 100%. Regardless of this battle for the league title!

Progress check.....

image.thumb.png.23ff926acc87a088f5c8ee83f9608872.png

image.png.076336c2f04f5e19615045be5814fbba.pngimage.png.39f620e70cb10952b6006a93a5167a87.png

Edited by Gregg88

On 25/08/2022 at 09:43, Crowy said:

37920967c5a15961da9.png145509abe7af54d05d6fba.png

MEXICO

GOLD CUP 2041

Crowy_-Inboxebe238b1fe406beb.png

Mexico_-Fixtures65f34f7e7acd0852.png

INTERNATIONAL PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1530944580_InternationalProgress.thumb.png.36f0f5207a2243b7cc0b32e2b02d2302.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

500929499_CareerStats.png.6c72e3caa5ddd051fc92bfa030ed0264.png

We have our 3rd international trophy locked up putting us half way there on that front, I can almost taste the finish line with 10 trophies left to get overall. We were pretty comfortable as you'd expect in this competition with only one team really a threat in the USA who we managed to beat in the final, I've resigned from Mexico as it's a World Cup season and hoping a better international job will come up after that to help me complete one of the other sections in the international side of the challenge.

335bf20414b1295433f.png

SANTOS

When I started this save way back when, I started in Brazil and while I managed to win the Champions League, I was unable to win a league title or the cup, so once the Santos job became available I knew I wanted to go back and finish what I couldn't at the start of the save with two 2nd's and a 3rd. Another positive is that they're still in the cup for this season so hopefully we can get that in the bag this season so I don't need to focus on that the season after.

Hi. Didn't realise you were on double figures. Have added you to leader board. In my defense, that table is pretty hard to read for the running total on my laptop, and I usually read the updates on my phone.

Six games into the season in South Africa and I'm not sure I can take much more of this!

Went to try get my first coaching badge:

reaper.jpg.d4224864b9d8ddadfbbf33cbc9105405.jpg

At first they said they couldn't spare me from training. Which was rich, as I'm the least qualified coach in training. Due to me not actually having a qualification. Then when I went and questioned it at the follow up meeting. They said, well, we don't want to pay for your coaching badge. As it might make you more attractive to bigger clubs and they will come in and poach you. Well thanks for being selfish about the whole thing! After telling them to see the benefit to the club. They agreed to take a risk! 

babysteps.jpg.add159bb7887f6991017fa4cd8d5c801.jpg

debt.jpg.c3f692bfb7a99cfb4df2056be4f6365b.jpg

Four months later when I wanted to go right back and get another. They came out with a much clearer reason for not doing it. Plus threw in some attitude for good measure! 

cohesionpoor.thumb.jpg.4a225fe18286ead5e915147d24db62ba.jpg

This was taken later than I wanted. As the support was actually in green. For the most part it had been poor, and players were thinking of questioning and arguing with my decisions. Which I suppose isn't overly surprising when I don't have an official qualification. 

Does make me wonder what me would be achieving if we had better team cohesion though! As we are producing above expectation as it is.

cityrovers.jpg.81190578c21f05f0d0d3d5f69af60fd7.jpg

This was the fourth game of our season. And the first team I would be playing for a second time. City Rovers beat us 2 - 0 in the final game of last season. Bringing my unbeaten honeymoon period to an end in just its third game. Sanele Zwane scored both the goals last season. So no surprise he was on the scoresheet. I had been willing to accept the draw. Until a second bookable offence saw Rovers reduced to 10 men. I saw this as our golden opportunity. And tried pile on the pressure. It looked like we would be leaving frustrated. Until a reckless challenge in the box (from another play already on a yellow card) saw us convert from the spot. 

leaguegame4.jpg.01c89fe7d0766df1a953082d76ad6852.jpg

Long way still to go. But fantastic seen as we are expected to finish 10th.

leaguegame6.jpg.932782be94b41324c9a797302702722a.jpg

Still going strong at the end of the month. Keeping our first clean sheet of the campaign against Pretoria Callies! Though its interesting to note that Uthongathi were second in the league for the first half of last season. Until they collapsed over the course of the second half. To the point where I took over. So have to guard against that happening.

topdynamics.jpg

October is finished, and its been a month of nail biting fixtures, fantastic wins, and annoying frustrations.

We set consecutive wins records and unbeaten records for the club. With six wins and seven unbeaten respectively.

october22.jpg.4f3ff5f92fc4be83159e9a3762b4341e.jpg

We were also on course to beat the league record for consecutive wins as well (sits at seven). But in true FM fashion, that's when we lost to Black Leopards, who at that time sat 15th out of 16 in the league... go figure. It has become a bit of a grind. No blow out wins like the last few months. But important points taken. The penalty win against AmaTuks, (who put four past Stellenbosch the week before) was an absolute clutch game. Then I'd take a draw against Stellenbosch themselves any day of the week. 

league11.jpg.2d9e469c7aaa5a71174cfd0e4869a4ac.jpg

Six points back to the playoff spots, and seven back to our expected mid table finishing spot. I don't see us being able to continue this form all season. But who knows. I think any over achievement will be a success in terms of making me seem attractive to other clubs. Then its just by what degrees of over achievement. To progress in terms of coaching qualifications I feel I need to be elsewhere. As the club is just bleeding money. Our biggest individual income stream last month was FUND RAISING! 

topunity.thumb.jpg.d60bb2c5dfcbc60211578ff50646ce69.jpg

Its the best its been. But the team cohesion could benefit from being much better. We do have a tendency to lose our way when the subs come on and don't mesh as much as the first team regulars do! 

Long time lurker on this topic, always fancied trying it, take it i can start on FM22 and doesnt matter if u finish it after fm23 comes out?

Struggling with where to start, but a question about league loading, I take it most people maybe just have a few leagues loaded at same time to keep game speed up? And what about when I finish with an area, say I do Asia and want to go back to Europe, do you need to load all the leagues in a nation up? Im just thinking for speed, loading up all of England seems a lot, but i recognise u need to have the appropriate reputation to get a premiership job, do u have any guidance for this? like when im looking to tick off the european leagues id rather just load the premier leagues for say 5 nations to make it quicker, whats your thoughts?

11 hours ago, aldojags said:

Long time lurker on this topic, always fancied trying it, take it i can start on FM22 and doesnt matter if u finish it after fm23 comes out?

Struggling with where to start, but a question about league loading, I take it most people maybe just have a few leagues loaded at same time to keep game speed up? And what about when I finish with an area, say I do Asia and want to go back to Europe, do you need to load all the leagues in a nation up? Im just thinking for speed, loading up all of England seems a lot, but i recognise u need to have the appropriate reputation to get a premiership job, do u have any guidance for this? like when im looking to tick off the european leagues id rather just load the premier leagues for say 5 nations to make it quicker, whats your thoughts?

I'll let @vikeologistconfirm, but I can't imagine it would matter? If you ditch it and start it on FM23, you'll let the forum know!

I load quite a lot of leagues to start with; South American leagues (minus Argentina or Brazil), Asian leagues (minus China), England and eastern european countries. Normally around 8 countries. It shouldn't take too long to go up the leagues if you're successful, then it gets much easier to trim leagues. From my challenge, you can see it didn't take too long to get into the championship and really build the reputation. This is when I trimmed the lower leagues off. Like you say, I didn't bother load the lower divisions of the top leagues once I got to the Premiership.

image.thumb.png.95b174ef250908cfc61f4c416d85403c.png

You'll soon get the idea of what you need to load when you get rejected interviews from jobs you think you'd succeed at! Haha.

Edited by Gregg88

12 hours ago, aldojags said:

Sorry, saw this overnight, and then forgot to reply.

Normally you just do as you say. Load up and remove leagues as you need them.

If you start in a big European league, you may have to go quite low in the leagues before you get a job. That's what I'm going to do when I do this challenge in FM23, start in England, probably in the Conference, and work my way up. That's what I did do in my aborted FM22 attempt at the challenge, until a bug made that save unplayable.

So I would only load up one nation in Europe to start with, unless your computer is super powerful.

If you are starting in Asia or Africa however, and do Europe last, you should be able to just manage in the top leagues. I think the 1st time I did the challenge, I only ever managed in top divisions, but that's almost impossible to do now. 

I believe to be able to get a job in the top division of one of the big 5 nations, you'd probably need to win all the other bits including the Libertadores, or win another biggish Euro league, but it's not that simple. Largely because you'll also be managing international teams, and that has both positive and negative effects on the jobs you can get. Your reputation can fall as well as rise.

Doesn't matter what version of the game you're playing. I don't do a new thread every year, and this will be the same thread for FM23, unless....

And it's a big unless

Women's football is introduced in FM23.

And even then I might just have separate challenges for men's and women's football. Not to cater for haters of the women's game. I'd just have to see how many trophies one could win in the Women's game before deciding whether the challenge will be split.

Anyway, if something big changes in the game that affects the challenge, we'll need a new thread, but otherwise I'll keep this one going for FM23.

Hope that answers all your questions. Let me know if you have any others.

89.png.a24dd4cecb043d4d59ace26d31521a91.png

Crispypaul
Independiente
Argentine Primera Division

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - we had a title challenge in the end but not quite enough to get past River

Copa Argentina - Fixtures - knocked out by River before I joined

Copa Sudamericana -  Fixtures - crashed out in the groups before I joined

Transfers - needed some squad depth

Finances - not much money in Argentina (generally I suspect)

Squad 

Key players:

Lucas Robertone - experienced midfielder on loan from Brest, couldn't extend sadly

Abel Argañaraz - decent up front

Mateo Alberca - strong centre half

Matías Córdoba - very prolific striker

Patricio Ostachuk - solid defender

24.png.dded0d751af6d3696861aee5b901b474.png

Ivory Coast

World Cup 2030 Qualifying - Table | Fixtures - won our first two games 

AFCON 2029 Qualifying - Table | Fixtures - expected comfortable qualification

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2021/22  Black Leopards    	South African 1st  	 1st				Champions, Promoted
2022/23	 Black Leopards	 	South African PSL	 7th
2023/24	Supersport United	South African PSL	 1st				Champions, AFCL, Nedbank, MTN8 winners
2025	LA Galaxy		MLS			1st				Champions, won US Open Cup and NACL
2026	Busan			K-League 1		1st				Won KFA Cup
2027	Busan			K-League 1		1st				Won AFC CL, KFA Cup
2028	Independiente		Primera Division	 2nd			

International
Year	   	Team				Achievements
2023		Panama				Gold Cup QF, resigned
2026		Iran				Appointed after World Cup
2027		Iran				Won Asian Cup, resigned
2027		Ivory Coast			Appointed after AFCON
2028		Ivory Coast			Qualified for AFCON

Challenge Progress

Club
 3/10 top domestic leagues (Supersport United, South Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, USA, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2026)
 3/10 domestic cups (Supersport United, South Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, USA, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2026)
 3/5 club continental championships (Supersport United, Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, North America, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2027)
 0/1 club world championship 

International
 1/5 continental tournaments (Iran, Asia, 2027)
 0/1 world tournaments

24.png.4bba559a2ed175f1473e1debde7d690c.png

Ivory Coast
AFCON 2029

Group Stages - Table 

Beat Uganda and Zambia comfortably, a draw against Senegal enough for top spot and a tie against Malawi

Second Round

Spoiler

Malawi 0 Ivory Cost 3 - done and dusted by half time.  DRC next.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 4 DRC 3 - some bad goalkeeping otherwise it would have been a stomping

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ivory Coast 1 Ghana 1p - a very disappointing result as we crashed out on penalties.  To avoid a sacking (we had a rating of E) I resigned shortly after

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

HI all,

Been away for a long time from Football manager. Think the latest version I really played was FM12, first one was CM 97-98.

But I remembered that two years ago I downloaded the free version of FM20 and thought to give it a go. So here we are... up for the challenge!

I'll start in China and see if I can get a job there as a 19 yr old Sunday footballer from the Netherlands.

Keep you posted.

3 minutes ago, Huipio said:

HI all,

Been away for a long time from Football manager. Think the latest version I really played was FM12, first one was CM 97-98.

But I remembered that two years ago I downloaded the free version of FM20 and thought to give it a go. So here we are... up for the challenge!

I'll start in China and see if I can get a job there as a 19 yr old Sunday footballer from the Netherlands.

Keep you posted.

Welcome to the challenge. If you're doing it on FM20, are you going to try to also win the Confederations Cup, which would the 33rd trophy? (I think that was in FM20). You don't need to. You can just do the same 32 as everyone has to do now. 32 is plenty, but I'm just letting you know that in those old days, there used to be 33 things to win.

You are of course more than welcome to post your progress on this thread, however many landmarks you're aiming for. This thread is not version specific.

18 minutes ago, Huipio said:

I had a look and don't see the Confederations Cup, I do see the Olympics and the Panamerican Games though...

We'll see how we go ;-)

Olympics and Pan-American have never been part of the challenge.

It doesn't seem like 2 years since the Confed Cup disappeared, but maybe I'm losing track of time as I speed towards my inevitable demise.

Anyway, your challenge. Up to you whether you do 33 if that's an option.

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Welcome to the challenge. If you're doing it on FM20, are you going to try to also win the Confederations Cup, which would the 33rd trophy? (I think that was in FM20). You don't need to. You can just do the same 32 as everyone has to do now. 32 is plenty, but I'm just letting you know that in those old days, there used to be 33 things to win.

You are of course more than welcome to post your progress on this thread, however many landmarks you're aiming for. This thread is not version specific.

I Think It Was 2019 When The Confederations Cup Was

So first job is keeping SH Shenxin in the first division (2 tier). But with an overtake likely to happen soon and a big debt there is no room for any transfers at all. So I had a look at the reserves and U19's to see if I could get at least a back up for all postitions. It seems there is a lot of potential in the U19 squad, but can they keep us in the league. We'll have a go! Unfortunately (not strange for a manager at 19 managing his first team) I made a big mistake by not registering one of the star players (16 yr old striker) for the league. Half way, we are struggling big time. The take over has taken place, we are out of debt, but still need to pay back a loan, so no transfer budget yet.

Furthermore I'm trying to get my first training badge as well. Hopefully with the tranferwindow opening in a week I can register my star player.

China#2.PNG

China#1.PNG

China#3.PNG

Edited by Huipio

Well, what a season that was... 

I was able to register my star player and it made all the difference. Picking up my first manager of the month award, finishing 2 coaching courses and finishing 10th in the league. Overachieving big time. The second half of the season we were the 3rd team in the league. A good build up for more...

Or not... I decided to start a new save. I've been away from the game more then 10 years and ran in to some setup problems giving me more opportunities to get my reputation up sooner. So wil be starting over again, this time for real ;-)

China#4.PNG

China#5.PNG

China#6.PNG

China#7.PNG

China#8.PNG

Edited by Huipio
How do you remove a post?

So a new start for me, this time I loaded more leagues at the start. At least 1 in every continent and I decided not to go for the first possibilty to become manager, but to be a bit more patient and see which interesting clubs would sack their manager to step in.

Started unemployed I got rejected for jobs in the K1 Korea and First division in Colombia. In Europe I tried to get a job in Iceland, but no luck there either. Then there was an opportunity in Finland. Team was last in the premier league, I got an interview, but denied. Two weeks later there was another chance in Finland. FC Honka, finished 3rd last season and were struggling to end mid table. They offered me the job!

Spoiler

image.png.cf6a5a6ef0510581179c0a5c87cb9a36.png

Spoiler

image.png.e6b91059baad869aec8348a5bed1379a.png

With 21 matches played in the league there was only 1 match to go. So I thought... The system in the finnish league works a bit different as I found out. After 22 matches the league gets split up in a champions group (top 6 teams) and a relegation group (bottom 6). I drew my first match and ended up 8th in the league. Next I played half a competition (5 games) with the bottom 6. I found out that the best of the rest would get a spot in the play-offs for the 4th Eurocup spot in Finland. So my first goal was the end 7th after 27 games. I won my first game but lost my second. I thought I could forget the playoff spot, but winning the last four ment I went into the playoffs. 

Spoiler

image.png.6f35ec11f30c1f080a0394aa6e4e202e.png

I started in the QF here with the number 3 of the league already qualified for the final. We won in the QF, beating KPV on penalties after 120 minutes of football produced no goals. In the SF we played Inter Turku, one off the big teams in Finland. We had a good game and won 1-0. We were in the final of the playoffs, much more then I expected when I took over at the end of the season.

We played Ilves, 3rd in the league and fresh legs. The final was played home and away. As challengers we played at home first. Being the better side, we lost 0-1. Unfortunately, getting the Euro spot would have been to good to be true. Although we still had the 2nd leg... We got of to a flying start with a goal in the first minute. We went 2-0 up, I was thinking will away goals count on aggregate? I didn't check the rules. I didn't matter we scored another goal in on the 1 hour mark and won 3-0. We didi it!! 

Spoiler

image.png.df438a3e2e9631508c14d69f21a1ae40.png

Very curious what the board will ask from the team next season. Although there have been talks about a takeover in the media as well. We just wait and see and try to get some players in for next season. So far we didn't get any transfers in, because there was no transfer budget.

Let's see how far we can take FC Honka, as a start of the challenge it would be great to win the league and the cup in Finland. The difference between the top teams and us doesn't seem that big.

Edited by Huipio
Trying to sort out how the spoiler works :-)

335bf20414b1295433f.png

Santos

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2041

Key Players: Jair Diego ~ Wellerson ~ Ademar ~ Bruno Felipe ~ Victor Luis

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

Santos-FC_-Competitions9da9074f0da786f7.png

Results: Serie A ~ Serie A II | Copa Libertadores | Copa Do Brasil | State Championships

Walking in to this squad I was really happy had an excellent mixture of youth and experience, I felt we done all we could achieve this season, managing to win the Copa do Brasil and gave a very good account of ourselves ready for the next season. I just really needed to keep hold of my key players, with a few additions we'll be a force in this league.

335bf20414b1295433f.png

Santos

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2042

Key Players: Jair Diego ~ Pedro Arthur ~ Claudinei ~ Wellerson ~ Alfredo Federico

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

Santos-FC_-Competitions5beb5dcb305c320a.png

Results: Serie A ~ Serie A II | Copa Libertadores | Copa Do Brasil | State Championships

I finally won the Serie A in Brazil it only took me 5 attempts at two different clubs but we finally done it. We actually had a clean sweep we won everything barring the State Championships which nobody cares about. We had some dodgy moments throughout the season but we managed to regroup and get results when it really mattered. With the squad I inherited I only wanted to make a few additions and I was happy but that's not how it works in Brazil had about 7 players leave that I wanted to keep but thankfully we replaced them adequately and still went on to have a fine season.

Also this was a World Cup year and many jobs became available but literally nobody offered me a job, I've had issues with international management on this save in the fact they don't even show on my Job Centre page, I can only apply through the job security page as that's the only place they show, not sure if it matters where I manage at the time I apply either could be something to do with that.

As for my next job I think I'm going to get these two  domestic cups out of the way, then I want to find a project in Germany since I think Bayern have won the league every year since this save has started. I've noticed Schalke are in 3 Liga and I'd love that job to become available at some point. It all depends on what is available really.

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

223204515_CareerProgress.thumb.png.e365286cc7b4ddd6cbba108ed630fab8.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1609749869_CareerStats.png.53502f466d95c618450c14264faccb25.png

Edited by Crowy

9206565320a7658f0fe.png

SCHALKE

2042/43

Well, this came around a lot quicker than planned, I left Santos and around a week later Schalke popped up as insecure, I declared interest and they pretty much sacked their manager instantly, I did ideally want to finish off domestic cups first but I couldn't turn this project down. This was a project I wanted when I saw they were in 2 Liga for a while, let alone when I saw they were relegated to 3 Liga, I didn't think this job would come up again so soon as I expected they'd walk it but they don't have that great of a team and the board even only want a mid table finish. Then over the next 3 seasons they want us to work toward qualifying for the play-offs so I don't feel much pressure here.

CLUB WORLD CUP, HERE WE COME!

Edited by Crowy

So a new season with FC Honka, let's see what we can do. We finished really strong last year so I will be relying on the same match squad. Maybe looking for 2-3 free transfers to bring in. Finnacially we are struggling so there is almost no to no room getting players in. Instead we will work on our team dynamics and prefered positions, see if that can bring us a bit higher up the table. The board are asking this:

Spoiler

image.png.8a65f338834c7d969c38725b2fd59ee7.png

So a tophalf finish in the premier league and at least a semi final in the cup. Last year we reached the final (I wasn't on board yet) but the players know they are capable of a good cup run.

The Finish season runs from january to november, so half way are season we'll be drawn in the Euro Cup preliminary round as well. Hopefully we can get an easy draw and win a few matches. That we do our finance good. The finish cup start with preliminary group matches at the start of the season. We make a flying start with a 7-0 win. We don't loose any of the five matches and progress to the 2nd round comfortably. In the second round we grab a deserved win away at TPS. This means we're in the QF. We start the league with three consecutive wins as well, so we are thriving on good morale. In the QF we go 2-0 up and then park the bus. Eventually we squeeze in a 2-1 win against RoPS. Same tactic in the SF against Ilves, we start pressing hard and attacking, go 2-0 up and then park the bus, hoping to get another goal from a set piece. RoPS get one back but that's it. A 2-1 win!

The final will be played at our home ground. We go 0-1 down against a good HJK team. HJK are the current title holders, a team with a very big history and reputation in Finland. But our attacking tactic pays of. We get the 1-1 on the board, encouraging the team at half time to get this win for the fans. It looks like the FM gods are with us, in the 92nd minute we score 2-1! The cup is ours.... at least so we thought. Injury time 3 minutes, but celebrating the goal took some time so the referee continues play even though we are will over the 93th minute. The unbelievable thing happens, HJK get a 2-2 equalizer in the 95th minute and we go into extra time. No more goals in extra time, so penalties iit is. Luckily we've been doing penalties in training the day before. We get the win in the end 4-3 on penalties. What a way to start of my managing career in my first full season.

Spoiler

image.png.0af33fe8f6b822abf85ed7d9cf99f5d2.png

Spoiler

image.png.16c7e16ac05b07ca47eb32973626e502.png

We are top of the league after 7 matches. But their is a long way to go there.

image.thumb.png.2a655595361146071d84c4878be4abbd.png

image.png.613015819fff218c7210645a2d9ba75c.png

Real Zaragoza Soccer - Real Zaragoza News, Scores, Stats, Rumors & More |  ESPNTurkey national football team - Wikipedia

Real Zaragoza & Turkey

The year is 2039.........

Recently taken over Zaragoza following the the job offer from Turkey that I accepted...

Although after the World Cup 2038, the usual exodus occured of international jobs, so I applied for England, Spain, Italy, Argentina, Denmark, Serbia, France, Portugal and Belgium. Got rejected for them all. Do they not know who I am?! My endless titles and lack of promise keeping?

Then Turkey.....didn't apply. But they wanted my services! I totally held my own against France (Ranked #1 in the world) so i'm looking forward to the Euros! I don't have a great defence though, so adding the Turkish league may open up my options.

image.png.e53083b24de5db5b59896572db211e8b.png

Zaragoza is the intiguing one for me. No money. Not a bad team though (minus defenders) and a good youth setup. I'm hoping to overperform here and poach the Barca or Real Madrid job to win the league for the challenge.

Only lost twice since I took over. Getafe are top of the league, so I don't mind that one. Sevilla are bottom of the league, so I think I can make the cup final. Although that would mean Real Madrid or Getafe. Got to be in it to win it, right?!

image.png.5ff2495e2266fc7454b6555fc47e2c02.png

Challenge Progress

image.thumb.png.12ace72a986e205647c20b90cca8c38e.png

image.png.004d7cfda1f5b355ed6d7acdf385f1da.pngimage.png.81920a3b7d00055010dd190a71406cd1.png

I did venture to South Africa and had a clean sweep, which was great because I hate the league and the rules. I was very fortunate to join the holders of the league and had vast finances in which I could sign anyone I wanted. Easy, yet not fun.

My one issue though, is that I can't remove leagues anymore? They go red, but then it comes to the date they should disappear and they reset to show I haven't removed them? Has this happened with anyone else?

Edited by Gregg88

2 hours ago, Gregg88 said:

My one issue though, is that I can't remove leagues anymore? They go red, but then it comes to the date they should disappear and they reset to show I haven't removed them? Has this happened with anyone else?

I've not seen this one before, I'm assuming you've added/removed leagues before in this save? Have you changed your skin in that time? I'd look at the skin and obviously I'm guessing you're remembering to hit confirm :lol: The skin is the only thing I think it could be tbh

2 minutes ago, Crowy said:

I've not seen this one before, I'm assuming you've added/removed leagues before in this save? Have you changed your skin in that time? I'd look at the skin and obviously I'm guessing you're remembering to hit confirm :lol: The skin is the only thing I think it could be tbh

No, I've seen this bug. In fact, it's what made me give up on my occasional Ult Challenge this year.

I presume it's the same. when I added leagues, but then changed my mind, when it came to rest day, all the leagues from that nation reappeared.

I mean, it wasn't exactly the same, because they weren't there before the reset date.

I'm not sure it will work, but if you save the game the day before the reset, and try removing them on that day. 

I realise that this is a save destroying bug. One of many, which partly accounts for my lack of enthusiasm on this challenge this year. 

Let's hope FM23 is better.

@Crowy I had to double check i was hitting confirm! :lol: My skin has been the same from the start (I got the game later this "season"), so I don't think it's that.

@vikeologist I haven't had an issue with removing leagues before today. Not sure if there was an update at all?

I'm going to do that save before the date, to see if that helps. Luckily, I'm coming towards the end of the challenge, otherwise I would have ditched it with so many leagues! Haha. I'm currently in April, so we will see soon.

image.thumb.png.18e3e4ff4182d3d8768d913d41337ad0.png

@Gregg88This is the tough things with bugs. Sometimes they don't affect everybody, or start for no apparent reason. That's why it's important to send savegames to SI, but we're obviously in a situation now where perhaps they'd really only be testing the new game to see if they can reproduce it in that.

Maybe people have mentioned this earlier in the thread. I'll have a look.

Update: The problem that could be fixed by saving the day before the nation reload date was a different problem (and FM21), so maybe I can't help. The problem I came across was when I was adding leagues (and then trying to stop adding them before the reload date because I'd changed my mind) so maybe not exactly the same.

There's a section in the first post of the thread where I usually identify the bugs that I'm aware of that may affect the challenge, but this year there's just too many.

Edited by vikeologist

9206565320a7658f0fe.png

Schalke

2042/43

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2043

Key Players: Benjamin Razak ~ Frank Kummer ~ Lukas Balis ~ Rian ~ Dusan Bozovic

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

FC-Schalke-04_-Competitionsea8b04b415fe7420.png

Results: 3.Liga ~ 3.Liga II | DFB-Pokal

So the first think that was a shock to me was how bad the finances are at Schalke, they're getting 30,000 fans per home game thought they'd be on a solid footing. They have debts that they're currently repaying £350K per month until 2056 so this challenge will be bigger than I originally thought. We did however have an excellent intak so I'll be looking to bring in money where I can and start trying to develop some of this youth as early as possible. In terms of form we had an excellent start winning our first 5 then we didn't win for the next 5 but we won our final 5 to finish the season strongly.

9206565320a7658f0fe.png

Schalke

2043/44

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2044

Key Players: Benjamin Razak ~ Sam Katndu ~ Diogo Antonio ~ Rian ~ Dusan Bozovic

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

FC-Schalke-04_-Competitions5811f08640b4f6f5.png

Results: 3. Liga ~ 3. Liga II

So we managed to replenish the squad somewhat bringing in some frees and moving on some players, as you can see we have the bare minimum squad with a lot of youngsters who I've tried to give as much game time as I can. We still managed to go on to win promotion which is crucial to our financial problems as the prize money in 2. Liga is huge compared to getting nothing in the 3. Liga. For some reason we weren't involved in the DFB-Pokal this season, hopefully that corrects it self for next season. I'm aiming just to stay in the league for a few seasons to get back on to a sound financial footing which will be incredibly hard using mostly youngsters.

Crowy_-Inbox591683cb3f9244de.png

This popped up at the end of the season which has surprised me as we're £10,000,000 in the red at the moment. I'm not sure if we can sell this stadium and build a smaller one for cheaper to make some profit may be wishful thinking. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out considering a few days later we got this message...

Crowy_-Inbox-2660e07c7c22c53a7.png

we're very close to administration which will leave the board taking control of bids, thankfully our most valued players have signed new deals so hopefully it will help us chip away at the debt. I'm looking forward to this challenge though hopefully I can get a new contract before next season as mine has 1 year left. I've tried getting a new one but because of finances, I'd like an option in FM where in situations like this you can offer a reduction in your contract to sign a new one.

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1765722066_CareerProgress.thumb.png.1111ec937708f2002399de1d37c4ec90.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1939125817_CareerStats.png.1d4d7f1aab626bd51e4f3f11a72b0758.png

Previous:

On 22/08/2022 at 12:45, Anners said:

Previous:

2034/35 Season Report:

Club: Sevilla (Spain)

Sevilla FC logo.svgShirt badge/Association crest

League - Cup - Europe

La Liga:
Going to be a short and sweet one here. Lost out to Real Madrid "randomly". Gonna be a sore one for a while. I'll be right back after I probably financially ruin Sevilla to get this league trophy.

Copa del Rey:
Wait ages for another cup win and get 2 in a row! This was an incredibly difficult run with an extra time winner v Real Sociedad, an 87th minute winner against Barcelona in the Semi Final and a tight 1-0 win in the final v Huesca.

UEFA Champions League:
A bit of a group of death with Milan, Porto and Lyon and somehow Porto only lose once but finish bottom. We end up getting knocked out by Inter in the Quarter Finals. Whoever managed them previously must have set them up a good team....

African Nations:

african nations win

Internationally I don't seem to be struggling thankfully! I might be able to concentrate fully on club football to round out this challenge the way this is going.

2035 african nations

This was probably one of the most straight forward tournaments I've ever had, the Quarter Final against Congo aside! We were helped out by an abject Egypt side who didn't score a goal in the Group Stage and the other side of the knockout draw having all the heavyweights (South Africa, Morocco, Cameroon and Ivory Coast). In the end, we faced South Africa again in the final and should have really won by 3/4 goals rather than the 1 goal margin here.

History:

2035/36 Season Report:

Club:
Sevilla (Spain)

Sevilla FC logo.svg

League - Cup - Europe

2035 36 la liga win

Took no prisoners this year! Had to take a little break after how I lost the league in 34/35, but we take the trophy.

La Liga:
We actually started the league incredibly slow, only winning 4 of our first 10 games. A 3-0 loss to Barcelona seemed to kick everyone up their backside as we only lost 2 more games after this, including a home and away defeat of Real Madrid so no more of that head to head nonsense!

Copa del Rey:
I played a reserve team in this competition as I very much was invested into getting the La Liga title. Annoying to go out to rivals Betis, but worth it.

UEFA Champions League:
I'm not sure I'd have classed this as a European competition seeing as though I spent nearly the entire of the competition flying between England and Spain! Quarter Final exit to Man City - not a huge surprise, but I'll always try play my strongest squad in these matches.

History:

image.thumb.png.07a65991a16f0ed360253f38faaa4e28.png

2039 / 2040

Finishing 2nd was a surprise! But the run of form was stupidly good. I'm still hoping to grab the Barca or Real Madrid job because I don't think i'm financially able to win it. I'm having to sell my best two players because I can't pay them £120k wage increases.

image.thumb.png.98119f56542ff2763fb17af35c442adf.png

image.png.f30b938bb88f8c7a3cba10f1f65e31b3.png

But.....Turkey.....

Into the final of the Euros.....against ROMANIA! :lol::lol:

The Turkish U21's actually won the Euro U21 Championship in 2039, so I called a few of them up to the main squad and they've improved so much!

image.png.2cd0791756bc697e1a6f7f9afc35c17a.png

Update.....

Spoiler

image.png.635b9f6b7b36db874afac5c0e940515b.png

Edited by Gregg88

89.png.a24dd4cecb043d4d59ace26d31521a91.png

Crispypaul
Independiente
Argentine Primera Division

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - got there in the end as we lifted the title

Copa Argentina - Fixtures - a straightforward run to the final where we lifted the trophy

Copa Libertadores -  Fixtures | Table - tough group with two Brazilian sides.  We got through that though - to face another in the 2nd round.  We beat Palmeiras then met fellow Argentines River, a walloping at home got us to the semis.  America of Brazil were easier then I thought.  In the final, we faced Flamengo and a 4-2 led to us lifting the cup

Transfers - mainly sales out and inexpensive transfers in

Finances - winning the Copa Libertadores helped here

Squad 

Key players:

Matías Córdoba - great up front once more

Fermín Di Diego - a summer free transfer from Liverpool, a bargain for such a good striker

Roman Castagno - another good striker

Mateo Toca - I had the midfielder on loan from Arsenal in 2028, got him on a bosman in summer 2029 and he had a great half season

Enzo Roldan - bought last season from Brescia, had a great first full season

Johan Gonzalez - top notch young Colombian centre half

Raul Lozano - experienced right back

José Gabriel Cevallos - Ecuadorean goalkeeper

Future - with South America now done I resign for pastures new...which wasn't long as I joined my club IRL, Tottenham, who are as usual in a right mess

Domestic
2023/24	Supersport United	South African PSL	 1st				Champions, AFCL, Nedbank, MTN8 winners
2029	Independiente		Primera Division	1st				Won Cup, Copa Libertadores

International
2029		Ivory Coast			Knocked out in AFCON semis, resigned

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (Supersport United, South Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, USA, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2026; Independiente, Argentina, 2029)
 4/10 domestic cups (Supersport United, South Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, USA, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2026; Independiente, Argentina, 2029)
 4/5 club continental championships (Supersport United, Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, North America, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2027; Independiente, Argentina, 2029)

International
 0/1 world tournaments
Edited by Crispypaul

728.png.0775da57bda1bcbcd3ea417cd109cecc.png    

Crispypaul
Tottenham Hotspur
English Premier League
2029/30

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - did pretty well to finish 5th

FA Cup - Fixtures - bar Chelsea a pretty easy run, to face Brighton in the final whom we outclassed to win the cup

EFL Cup - Fixtures - no big sides up to the final against Everton, a single goal enough to lift the first trophy since 2008

Europa League -  Fixtures | Table - had played the group stages before I joined.  Anderlecht in the 2nd knockout weren't too challenging.  Up to Glasgow for Rangers whom were beating in both legs.  The semis were off to Germany for Red Bull Leipzig, beaten again to face Benfica in the final.  We won easily 5-0 to lift the Europa League

Transfers - squad depth was an issue to resolve

Finances - money money money

Squad 

Key players:

Fabio Viera - talented Portuguese midfielder

Yaser Asprilla - great Colombian midfielder

Emerson Royal - better than he is IRL

Strahinja Pavlović - strong Serbian centre half

Harry Kane - glad I was able to manage him and give him some club silverware, as he retired at the end of the season (and is now an U23 coach)

Chris Geiles - striker from our youth system

Future - the league title is going to be a challenge...

I've also become Brazil manager after the 2030 World Cup

Domestic
2029	Independiente		Primera Division	1st				Won Cup, Copa Libertadores
2029/30	Tottenham		EPL			5th				Won EFL Cup, FA Cup, Europa League

International
2029		Ivory Coast			Knocked out in AFCON semis, resigned

Challenge Progress

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (Supersport United, South Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, USA, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2026; Independiente, Argentina, 2029)
 5/10 domestic cups (Supersport United, South Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, USA, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2026; Independiente, Argentina, 2029; Tottenham, England, 2029/30)
 4/5 club continental championships (Supersport United, Africa, 23/24; LA Galaxy, North America, 2025; Busan, South Korea, 2027; Independiente, Argentina, 2029)

International
 0/1 world tournaments

9206565320a7658f0fe.png

Schalke

2044/45

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2045

Key Players: Emirhan Cakir ~ Timon Horter ~ Yan Everton Brum ~ Marcos Tecelao ~ Diogo Antonio

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

FC-Schalke-04_-Competitions62afca6906fc6745.png

Results: 2. Bundesliga ~ 2. Bundesliga II | DFB Pokal

Well this for sure is not a promotion I was expecting, we didn't make it easy at all and thankfully the last 8 or 9 fixture went in our favour with all the top teams needing to play each other. We didn't hit the promotion spots until there were 4 games to go and it seemed like everything was going to fall in to place for us, I'm terrified of playing in the Bundesliga next season though we will just focus on attempting to beat the teams around us.

Crowy_-Inbox068a6f48bf045c90.png

FC-Schalke-04_-Debt-and-Loans99d455b4fc775d81.png

So the board have decided to go ahead and build a smaller stadium for £160,000,000?! To put the club in to even more debt totaling £300,000,000, whilst I'd normally enjoy this sort of challenge I'm simply running out of time before FM23, so I'm going to remain at Schalke for the time being but if a half decent job become available next season in the Bundesliga I'll be applying for it. I'm also going to save this file so I can perhaps come back to it if I manage to complete this challenge before FM23.

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1939614792_CareerProgress.thumb.png.4260b035d5df301a9de9a23f949349df.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

88155824_CareerStats.png.2b15558db9a7b49a0e19cac4411ae452.png

bit late but i need a little break from the youth challenge before FM23

so here i am!
newmanagerprofile.thumb.JPG.3402835785c633f2af97cd3d5fdb5169.JPG

i loaded up leagues in India, Malaysia, South Korea, Canada, South Africa and a couple of other non-european places. I'll add Europe slowly over the next couple of seasons.

So, after a restart, I've been offered a job in Malaysia, halfway through their season. Can I save Kedah FC from relegation? I got 8 games to do it!

kedahmanager.thumb.JPG.25eb051de93b54f3e936566204883ed0.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

Kedah_Darul_Aman_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.115ead1b5dbccf379d696c38f5da4b14.png

Season 1 - Malaysia

Pretty much the dream starting job for me came available in May - Kedah FA in Malaysia were 1 place and 1 point above relegation and are, on paper, one of the best Malaysian clubs out there. I couldn't fail, surely? As a bonus, they have a great badge too!

In the end it was quite easy. A win and 2 defeats were followed by 5 wins on the bounce and safety. 

We got to the semi final of the second cup as well, setting us up nicely for a push for both next season. 

leaguetable.JPG.5d63415d2030727e75853abf187c8bd2.JPG

A nice short review for a nice short season for me! Foundations have been laid!

season1career.JPG.94cade17745ff820f9641af0f0926219.JPG

96093cb4969bca69e2f.png

VFB STUTTGART

2045/46

So it took me a long time to make the decision to leave Schalke when this job became available as I really didn't want to leave unless it was a Dortmund Liepzig, Bayern type team, but the more I looked at the squad values at Stuttgart compared to Schalke I felt I had to leave, they also had a good young defence that could be there for the next 10 years if they develop. I feel I'll be able to compete with Stuttgart within 3 seasons whereas at Schalke with their debt, I don't think I'll be able to compete for a while, I have kept that save file though hoping to do more with that Schalke save before FM23.

96093cb4969bca69e2f.png

VFB STUTTGART

2045/46

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2046

Key Players: Mamadou Gasser ~ Gregoire Jacquier ~ Petr Penc ~ Moussa Foulquier ~ Luiz Felipe Brito

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

VfB-Stuttgart_-Competitions-27c56dd38a7f76e91.png

Results: Bundesliga ~ Bundesliga II | DFB Pokal

When I took over at Stuttgart they had actually hit a good run of form, which helped me massively when I took over. We had some excellent unbeaten spells this season which bodes well for the future. Sadly we missed out on Europa League due to Hamburg winning the DFB Pokal. One thing that I need to address is the squad size, I've been given a budget of £45M and through a few sales I think I could get that to around £115 - £120M which will give me a chance to add a little bit more quality and a lot more depth. I'm not sure what my targets are for next season I'm aiming for the same again hoping to be top 6, it'll depend on this crucial transfer window.

Also it's a World Cup year again and if I'm unable to get a job this time it might just be the end of this challenge for me....

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

764805970_CareerProgress.thumb.png.d971c3646dd34f56e9da6b49d9d2f25e.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

1806231412_CareerStats.png.7fad5cb321e6d6a3eeed9ef44ccc5b28.png

bbed8cff00f20e0aa87e661df46420c2.png

Finally got my first international job in 5 years with World Number 1 Spain! For some reason the South American teams are avoiding me and the Asian jobs aren't coming up too often. I'm just pleased I have a chance to work towards the Euro's before going on to finish the other areas.

7 minutes ago, Crowy said:

bbed8cff00f20e0aa87e661df46420c2.png

Finally got my first international job in 5 years with World Number 1 Spain! For some reason the South American teams are avoiding me and the Asian jobs aren't coming up too often. I'm just pleased I have a chance to work towards the Euro's before going on to finish the other areas.

Pleased you won't feel the need to quit the challenge (yet).

Reckon you're going quick enough to finish it before the new game comes out?

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Pleased you won't feel the need to quit the challenge (yet).

Reckon you're going quick enough to finish it before the new game comes out?

I'm fairly confident, I have quite a bit of spare time before FM23. I've also picked a bad time to deviate from a tactic that I know works, but I really want to try and get a 5-3-2 to work, so it'll be interesting and close.

Kedah_Darul_Aman_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.1991e3f5b6f90bef34a4a332d3423958.png

Kedah FA

Malaysia

a successful first full season. first two coaching badges, improved reputation an the first cup under my belt! we finished second in the league but were never really in the race - Selangor FA led from the start after winning their first 9 games.

Malaysia is a little like China though - only 4 foreign players allowed and they are always far stronger than the homebased players.

season2leaguetable.JPG.199bf43a087f63ff9efaddd6991913a4.JPG

So it was nice to do this against them in the Cup Final

season2cupfinal.JPG.71b5f4cc31c4468a9afff503a0779868.JPG

The plan is to hang around, nick as many players off Selangor as I can and win the league. Then see what's around - I don't think Malaysia is strong enough to win the Asian Champions League tbh

Career

season2career.JPG.b4d3d6b7bc59677dbfd86bd12b1c8563.JPG

Challenge Progress

season2challenge.JPG.4a1cd3d130433f17a961aff64b400ad3.JPG

96093cb4969bca69e2f.png

VFB STUTTGART

2046/47

Manager Profile:  Crowy - 2047

Key Players: Fernando Jose ~ Filip Cosic ~ Mohamed Ben Ammar ~ Esau Llera ~ Florent Steiner

COMPETITION OVERVIEW

(Click to View)

VfB-Stuttgart_-Competitionscd14b81e7ac23b9f.png

Results: Bundesliga ~ Bundesliga II | Europa Conference League | DFB Pokal

We managed to make some excellent changes to the squad to the point where I may not do much in the next window, think it's just a case of letting them develop and this team will become good enough to win the Bundesliga. We had opportunities to take a bit of a lead in the Bundesliga this season but every time Bayern slipped up so did we. Then we hit a bit of a poor patch towards the end of the season to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race. I feel this team needs to do better against the teams around us, getting some heavy losses in the process. I was extremely disappointed in the performance in the Pokal as I felt that was something we could give a real good go this season so to get knocked out second round was poor.

We also got to the semi final of the Europa Conference League which is further than expected as I didn't take that too seriously at all, I'm dreading our performances in the Champions League with struggling against teams around us in the league, the higher quality in the Champions League could result in some heavy losses and will affect morale for a league title push.

CLUB PROGRESS

(Click to View)

1005069206_CareerProgress.thumb.png.f7715c9d39a6bb604e114c02e093c9e2.png

CAREER STATS

(Click to View)

686423473_CareerStats.png.44dcf4d33cd73e5a7532d67ae7dbff5f.png

Previous:

On 10/09/2022 at 12:27, Anners said:

Previous:

2035/36 Season Report:

Club:
Sevilla (Spain)

Sevilla FC logo.svg

League - Cup - Europe

2035 36 la liga win

Took no prisoners this year! Had to take a little break after how I lost the league in 34/35, but we take the trophy.

La Liga:
We actually started the league incredibly slow, only winning 4 of our first 10 games. A 3-0 loss to Barcelona seemed to kick everyone up their backside as we only lost 2 more games after this, including a home and away defeat of Real Madrid so no more of that head to head nonsense!

Copa del Rey:
I played a reserve team in this competition as I very much was invested into getting the La Liga title. Annoying to go out to rivals Betis, but worth it.

UEFA Champions League:
I'm not sure I'd have classed this as a European competition seeing as though I spent nearly the entire of the competition flying between England and Spain! Quarter Final exit to Man City - not a huge surprise, but I'll always try play my strongest squad in these matches.

History:

2036/37 & 2037/38 Season Report:

Club:
 Lille (France)
Nation: Jamaica

Lille OSC 2018 logo.svgShirt badge/Association crest

So, I'm doing 2 seasons here as it's been fairly quiet and I genuinely forgot to do the season update after 36/37. I resigned from Sevilla after the 35/36 season and was actually clubless from July to the end of March until the Lille job came up (I am needing the Ligue 1 title specifically).

Lille Appointment

36/37:
League - Cup - Europe

37/38:
League - Cup - Europe

France Ligue 1:
So I joined very late for the 36/37 season, but managed to secure 2nd position and Champions League football. I only had 8 games here, but 6 wins was good enough to get us there. You can very much see PSG are still dominant here - Pochettino is still the manager and shows no sign of leaving. Oh, and PSG play in the Mauricio Pochettino stadium now. This is why it's a bit of a "boring" update - I'll need to dethrone PSG unless they have a stinker of a year somewhere.

Coupe de France:
Had been knocked out when I arrived in 36/37, but I was incredibly pissed off to get knocked out in 37/38. PSG had managed to get knocked out in the last 16 by Monaco and I very much fancied us at that stage to get the cup. Instead, we get knocked out on penalties to the eventual winners.

Champions League/Europa League:
Again, knocked out in 36/37 before I arrived and we managed a horrible group in the 37/38 edition, finishing third behind Real Madrid and Juventus in the Champions League. A first leg loss to a 36 year old Karim Adeymi-led Newcastle meant a 1-1 draw in England put us out.

2038 World Cup:

jamaica appointment

A fairly simple qualification group that was done before I arrived to Jamaica in 2037 ahead of the 2038 South African hosted World Cup.

Group Standings

I genuinely didn't expect much here until the 18th minute against Sweden where we were 2-0 up. I thought we were going to spring a huge shock but then we couldn't withstand the onslaught and collapsed.

2038/39 Preview:

Haven't done this before but I'm a bit excited/curious for this season:

Transfers Out: 11 (£116m)
Transfers In: 45 (£160m)

Lille Squad - I actually don't have any French player in the first team! The board are incredibly strict on signing u23 players (the most I've seen actually), so 19 of my 26 player first team are 23 or under. Could probably go wrong but I might be at Lille for a few years!

Internationally though...

Mexico Appointment

We need the Gold Cup and the Asian Cup.... hopefully we'll get one of those at the end of the season!

History:

image.thumb.png.ceeffe0ae3c38dd14e800cfd07a417dc.png

Kedah_Darul_Aman_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.3093e4128fa43765debbab88f6cb9ca3.png

Kedah FA

Malaysia

Season Summary

Almost a perfect season! My tactics of stealing as many of last years best players as I could paid dividends! To be fair the quality of Malaysian top flight football is very low so with three good foreign players you're kinda set really. The ace in the pack was their striker who scored 21 in 25 for them last season. I nabbed him and he got 35 in 31. Even so, I wasn't quite prepared for an almost unbeaten season! We won the league at a canter, both domestic cups and made it to the Asian Conference League final as well, where we lost to a Kuwaiti side

season3leaguetable.JPG.e0598f226dcf8d1592a682460a8c85b5.JPG season3trophies.JPG.ddf9aeab1d2f49c65941828d1b1f6aa2.JPG

Still, can't complain. My reputation is up to two stars (35%) and I've got my first three coaching badges too.

Future Plans

So I think that's as far as I can go in Malaysia. They're too weak domestically to challenge for a champions league against Korean, Japanese, Chinese sides. So I'm gonna leave when my contract runs out and see where 2 star reputation takes me!

Career 

season3career.JPG.d4064e053ea1be57bac64a7cc5fc27fc.JPG

challenge progress!

season3challenge.JPG.137e7b99d4eb664afbaa4222d846aef4.JPG

Turns out Malaysia isn't quite as impressive as I thought it was! I have around 10 leagues in Asia, South America and Africa loaded and South Africa was the only one where I was even given a second glance. To be fair, I only waited a month or so, but it was still around 15 applications ignored! so when South Africa came knocking I couldn't ignore it.

And even then it was in the Second tier!!!

capetownallstars.thumb.JPG.72d835d19f64cb08093a6804f38fa11b.JPG

Cape Town All Stars! Who, in real life, will not exist from next season as they move to Johannesburg and rename themselves All Stars!

But, for now, they sit top of the Second Division so I have an excellent chance of picking up another title. Here's the league when I took over:-

29115614_capetownstartingleague.JPG.b468d6998a5c950c8d71b657fa99b93a.JPG