The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

@pug 407 My downfall....Cups! :lol: Although I have just joined Royal Antwerp who were already in the Semi Final of the cup. Just need to win that final now!

@vikeologist Well i've done Mexico and the USA have been added to my leagues for sometime, but I just never see their jobs available. I should probably look harder around December/January time.

@goonergez Gutting mate! One of the first things I do is fill all the scouting roles at a new club. GL with the restart! Look forward to the progress!

@safehands GL with the new save dude!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fiorentina.png.5f55baa6d92dab98e628f803f2e02bbd.png

Season 11 (2030/31) - Fiorentina

Transfers The plan was to get rid of some of the ageing players and give the promising youngsters game time so that they can develop and we can push for a title in the next few years. But after I loaded the Spanish league in the summer, I managed to find  a lot of really strong Spanish players who were either transfer listed or had a contract dispute with their club. So I ended up selling all of my ageing players, the most profitable with them being Milenkovic for £15m to Nantes, and loaning out all my promising youngsters bar one, replacing them with peak-age players who were either free or transfer listed by their club. I think only 2 of my signings were not transfer listed, and those were Brazilian players signed for their release clauses.

spacer.png

League I was wondering whether it’d take a while for all these new signings to gel but it did not, and we started off flying in the league, notching up 10 straight wins to kick off the season. Juventus gave us a good run for our money but in the end even they could not resist as I completed an invincible 106-point season - I think that’s as good a league season as I’ve had in the last few years of playing FM. Our defence was pretty incredible, we only conceded 12 goals all season, in true Italian style.

spacer.png

Italian Cup We progressed easily to the semis, where we had to overturn a first leg defeat to get past Inter, and faced Juve in the final. It was a close and tense game of very few chances. Juve actually just edged it on xG but we managed to record a narrow 1 - 0 win thanks to a stunning goal from our left winger Fabio Vieira.

spacer.png

Europa League I mostly played my second string but we just about managed to navigate a tricky group including Köln, Marseille and Shaktar, the beat Bayern and PSV in the knockouts before getting losing to Tottenham in the quarters.

Key players Normally I try to sign promising youngsters but it’s the peak-age transfer listed players who stole the show this year, I honestly can’t believe some of these were available for the money the were (though given the aforementioned AI’s squad management skills, I probably should not be too surprised).

Benoit Badiashile came in from Lyon to replace my second choice centre back who of course was getting old, but he ended up being my best defender by a mile - remarkably consistent and scoring plenty from set pieces to help us edge some tight games including the cup semi against Inter. Alejandro Salas came in on loan from Valencia and was a key attacking force in the midfield, with 17 goals and 10 assists in all comps. But the star man mantle actually goes to the Portuguese midfielder Fabio Vieira. This is normally not a signing I would ever make - singing a 30 year old on pre contract in January and paying £9m to get him in half a year early, but it was worth every penny as he averaged above 8 and scored that key goal in the Italian cup final.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

Next I was hoping to go for the Valencia job next, more fun than taking over one of the big boys and they sold my Fiorentina side 5 players for peanuts so they must have some good ones left! But they decided to stick with their manager; the Barca job is available so I'm tempted to give that a go.

Internationally, I had the pick of the top nations after last year’s World Cup and went for our WC conquerors France in the end. They seem to have an incredible team, and a 32 year old Mbappe still ripping it up on the wing with 18 for both pace and acceleration ))) I’m still trying to figure out the best way to play with them but we've qualified for the Nations League finals this summer which offer a good way to test things out.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division           League     Cups                          Notes
                                                            1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1           1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier          1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league    
2024/25	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	    Won                           Won both apertura and clasura
2025/26	   Cruz Azul	      Mex Liga BBVA        1  	              Won 	   
2026/27	   Jeonbuk	      K League 1           1        Won           Won             A quickly completed treble   
2027/28	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    2 
2028/29	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier    1        Won                 	  A domestic double + Copa Sudamericana
2029/30	   San Lorenzo	      Argentine Premier	   n/a                    Won             Won Copa Libertadores in November  
2029/30	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   5                                      Took over in 18th but just missed out on CL   
2030/31	   Fiorentina	      Serie A   	   1	    Won                                                                             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                              Notes
                       World Cup   Euros   Asian Cup   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			          Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			          World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast
2024/25 Ivory Coast				        Won
2025/26 Ivory Coast			                                                  Lost in World Cup third round
2026/27 Australia			       Won	
2028/29 Mexico						        Won
2029/30 Mexico						        			  Lost in World Cup third round
2030/31 France										  Qualified for Nations league finals

Challenge Progress:

Club
 5/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina)
 5/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates); Mexico (Cruz Azul); South Korea (Jeonbuk); Argentina (San Lorenzo); Italy (Fiorentina)
 4/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates), CONCACAF CL (Cruz Azul); Asian CL (Jeonbuk); Copa Libertadores (San Lorenzo)
 0/1 club world championship: 

International
 3/5 continental tournaments: ACON (Ivory Coast); Asian Cup (Australia); Gold Cup (Mexico)
 0/1 world tournaments:

Overall: 17/32

Job Update!

I joined Royal Antwerp from Celtic. Stayed 6 months. Won the cup (Already in the semi-final at the time I joined). Left for FC Twente and got the Mexico job!

image.thumb.png.4585b183c7b158e6c98122f05515180a.png

2 cups and a Gold Cup to go!

I fully expect to win the Gold Cup at the first opportunity.

Any we are off. I

fancy starting in Eastern Europe this time so decided to have a stab at the Asia under 19s game which come around in October while i wait for a job. Took Japan, know some of the players from my previous save and added a lot of international players this time starting datebase 170k players, 

image.thumb.png.585a7c2a6fe163dd48fda7def6975791.png

I may have made a mistake with Atlanta. 

Not sure that I'm a fan of the MLS system, particularly the squad and transfer restrictions. Seems confusing, limiting to me. That being said, I can always go for the CONCACAF Champions League with a Mexican side. 

Anyone else found it similar with the MLS?

@Gregg88Congrats on doing a vike with Antwerp - you're getting close! Makes me feel better about my own challenge too, always feel a bit paranoid with those cups but good to know you can just pick them up at the end ;)

I managed to get the Barcelona job, despite Harry Maguire being spotted in a shady hotel off the Ramblas trying to gazump the deal...

1946545477_Screenshot2021-03-07at22_22_10.thumb.png.bee1d44ec732b7d6ffc940bb69fc1a38.png

So I have been slowly making progress with this challenge since last December. Currently with Cruz Azul and will have to spend a second season with them at least to try and get hold of that Champions League trophy.

Club Career

Year        Team (Country)         League Pos    Notes and Achievements

2020-2021    Notts County (ENG)    1st        National League Winners, FA Trophy Winners
2021-2022    Notts County (ENG)    1st        League Two Winners
2022        IK Start (NOR)        11th        -
2023        Rosenborg BK (NOR)    1st        Eliteserien Winners, Norwegien Cupen Winners    
2023-2024    Hertha BSC (GER)    4th        DFB-Pokal Winners
2024-2025    Hertha BSC (GER)    1st        Bundesliga Winners
2025-2026    River Plate (ARG)    1st        Copa Libertadores Winners (2025), Copa Argentina Winners (2025), Supercopa Argentina (2026), Recopa Sudamericana (2026), Liga Profesional de Futbal (2026)                
2025-2026    Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)2nd        -    
2026-2027    Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)1st        Coupe de France Winners (2027), Ligue 1 Winners (2027)
2027-2028    Cruz Azul (MEX)        1st        Leagues Cup Winners (2027), Liga MX Apertura (2027)

International Career

Year        Country        Notes &  Achievements
2020-2022    Georgia        -
2022-2023    Nigeria        World Cup Runners Up (2022), AFCON Winners (2023)
2025-2026    Chile        -
2026-        England        Nations Cup Winners (2027)

The Rules:

The 32 Competitions you must win to win the challenge

6 International Tournaments

- FIFA World Cup
- UEFA Euros (Europe)
- AFC (Asian Cup Of Nations)            
- Copa America (South America)
- Gold Cup (North America)            
- AFCON (African Cup Of Nations)    - Won Nigeria (2023)                

10 Leagues
THE BIG FIVE
- La Liga (Spain)
- Premier League (England)
- Bundesliga (Germany)            - Hertha BSC (2025)
- Ligue 1 (France)            - Olympique Lyonnais (2027)                
- Serie A (Italy)                

AND 5 OTHER TOP LEAGUES
- Eliteserien (Nor)             - Rosenborg BK (2023)
- Liga Profesional de Futbal (Arg)     - River Plate (2026)
- Liga MX Apertura (MEX)        - Cruz Azul (2027)
-
-            

5 Champions Leagues

- UEFA Champions League (Europe)
- Asian Champions League         
- Copa Libertadores (South America)    - River Plate (2025)    
- North American Champions League    
- CAF Champions League (Africa)            

FIFA Club World Cup

10 Others (Domestic Cups from 10 separate nations)

- Norwegien Cupen (NOR)            - Rosenborg BK (2023)            
- DFB-Pokal (GER)            - Hertha BSC (2024)
- Copa Argentina (ARG)            - River Plate (2025)
- Coupe de France (FRA)            - Olympique Lyonnais (2027)
-
-
-
-
-
-

Edited by Tubzinho

nice start, does mean anything but cant do my rep any harm. I'm in 2 minds what to do now, there isn't anything around job wise at the minute and not getting any bites. Don't know if to resign or carry on. Unless seniors call up the players the squad will dominate any Asia cups etc and might give me a shot at the Japan job if it comes up.image.png.8f6d9bdaebf579a179b7bfbd3d7c30c5.png

The Asian cup win has definitely helped some of the job interviews I got were ridiculous. (Toulouse, Le Harve, Spal,Chievo) I wanted an Eastern European team but only managed to get job offers for teams rock bottom and dead and buried. 

I got offered a job of an Argentine 2nd division team. I've took it as far too good to turn down, however I feel dirty taking it,no way should I have this as my first club job. 

8 hours ago, Safe Hands said:

The Asian cup win has definitely helped some of the job interviews I got were ridiculous. (Toulouse, Le Harve, Spal,Chievo) I wanted an Eastern European team but only managed to get job offers for teams rock bottom and dead and buried. 

I got offered a job of an Argentine 2nd division team. I've took it as far too good to turn down, however I feel dirty taking it,no way should I have this as my first club job. 

I'm thinking of starting again. I know a 20 year old person getting any job on the game is unrealistic but the squad I have taken over is ridiculous good. I've got a decent shot at promotion, there are players I recognise from playing fifa Alberto Costa is an Argentina international. Being in Argentina prem after a season just seems too much. 

Might just start again and not take the u19s job.

18 hours ago, Gregg88 said:

Job Update!

I joined Royal Antwerp from Celtic. Stayed 6 months. Won the cup (Already in the semi-final at the time I joined). Left for FC Twente and got the Mexico job!

image.thumb.png.4585b183c7b158e6c98122f05515180a.png

2 cups and a Gold Cup to go!

I fully expect to win the Gold Cup at the first opportunity.

Unbelievable mate. Well done. Question have you enjoyed the whole experience. I'm worried the game wont become enjoyable and become more like a chore. 

42 minutes ago, Safe Hands said:

Unbelievable mate. Well done. Question have you enjoyed the whole experience. I'm worried the game wont become enjoyable and become more like a chore. 

I certainly think that can happen.

There's things you can do. The simple thing is to decide that you will stop playing once you stop enjoying it. Really, nobody should make themselves miserable. 

Another thing is to stay at a club for longer than you really need to, so you can enjoy developing players rather than moving every year or two. Take over at a club that you know will take a few years to get the league / CL at. It's not a race.

I'm serious about this. When the fun stops, stop. It's just a challenge. I mean it's the most meaningful achievement of my entire life, but that's just me.

65034031.png.6a47d1bd8713591d54ca8756969e4fa9.png

Uthongathi FC: 2021/22 Review

My first full season in management has drawn to a close, and we were looking to compete for promotion after missing out in the promotion mini league last time around. My arrival sparked a change in fortunes midway through my first campaign although we did end up falling short. I was hoping for a slight improvement and fair to say we got it.

2093859207_EndTable2nd.png.8930867e6da25026e018a589c6e69023.png

We started as we meant to go on, not dropping points until our ninth match and winning twelve of our first thirteen. That gave us an 8 point lead at the top and we never relinquished it. A run of two straight defeats after the winter break brought fears, but our gap never got less than five points and we were never really in any doubt whatsoever. We cruised to the title and promotion to the top flight for the first time in the clubs history. The only dampener on our season came in the SA Cup as we crashed out at the first hurdle. A 1-2 defeat to Polokwane City saw us crash out in the preliminary round.

An unbelievable season for me and my side as we cruised to the league title to erase any of the heartbreak we suffered from last seasons play off disappointment. I felt we could definitely be competitive this time around but I don’t think I expected such a breeze of a season really.

My time with this football club is now over though as I’ve already interviewed and accepted a job offer elsewhere.

1567717104_SuperSportAgreed.png.231ffc22e98d4546ac71e094f30b4f06.png

My new role is with SuperSport United where I will compete against  Uthongathi next season. The job became available with around ten games of the season left but I managed to agree a deal to take over at the end of the campaign. I wanted to see the job through with Uthongathi before leaving and would’ve declined it if they hadn’t accepted that request. It’s exciting times though for sure. My new club will be positioned much better to win trophies although perhaps not immediately. They had a poor season and finished in 8th place. They are in need of a bit of a rebuild job, but that suits me just fine. Hopefully I can bring in some new faces and begin to look at competing for trophies for my second season in charge. Anything else will be a bonus although I could really do with getting them into the Champions League as quickly as possible. It won’t be an easy job, but it’s a club I’m very excited to sink my teeth into. 

Season	Club		Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC	SA First Division	2nd		Lost in promotion mini-league
2021/22 Uthongathi FC	SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners

19 hours ago, dkouv said:

@Gregg88Congrats on doing a vike with Antwerp - you're getting close! Makes me feel better about my own challenge too, always feel a bit paranoid with those cups but good to know you can just pick them up at the end ;)

I managed to get the Barcelona job, despite Harry Maguire being spotted in a shady hotel off the Ramblas trying to gazump the deal...

I don't think the upvote was enough for this! Brilliant! :lol: Maguire always loitering in places he shouldn't be!

Cheers mate! I've found that looking at a team's schedule before I apply for the job comes in very handy.

5 hours ago, Safe Hands said:

Overall....Yes!

There has been times where I just haven't had the passion to play for a couple weeks, but it soons comes back round and I want in again.

I certainly agree with @vikeologist though. There were a few clubs where I brought up young players into the first team and wish I stayed longer. Thinking about it now, I should have saved it as a new file and carried on a career with that team after this challenge.

Maybe save the fun clubs as a new file and then when you get bored with ticking off trophies, you can keep the love for FM alive in those other saves? That's what I should have done!

20 minutes ago, Gregg88 said:

Overall....Yes!

There has been times where I just haven't had the passion to play for a couple weeks, but it soons comes back round and I want in again.

I certainly agree with @vikeologist though. There were a few clubs where I brought up young players into the first team and wish I stayed longer. Thinking about it now, I should have saved it as a new file and carried on a career with that team after this challenge.

Maybe save the fun clubs as a new file and then when you get bored with ticking off trophies, you can keep the love for FM alive in those other saves? That's what I should have done!

Amazing achievement mate. I wont get half the way through but will enjoy it none the less.

Im definitely starting again when I get home. I've got San Tuchmann as first club job, they are a club you could build over a few season. Great squad already, good ground and facilities.  No way should get that as a first job. Feel like I've cheated winning that Asia u19s it's like it propelled me 3 years in advance. Wasnt even hard i didnt even watch most of the games, had players from Madrid, Benfica , Bundesliga and la liga competing against Iraq u19s.

@safehands I didn't even know you could manage the u19s on their own! Epic! You'll be surprised at how easy it gets when you have your badges etc. You'll be able to dip into a club for a year or so and win trophies! As long as you don't mind the constant media interviews about "why you've decided to resign again" :lol:

Edited by Gregg88

1 hour ago, Safe Hands said:

Anyone of you guys every had any interesting newgens, like twins come through together or players with ex pro names, Roberto Baggio or something like that?

I've never even seen twins in the game. Do they exist?

AFAIK, brothers happen, but not twins, but maybe it's been added. I mean 1 in every 666ish intakes has a son, but you rarely hear about them.

Edited by vikeologist

1646.png.ffd5b5d38d29c15bb51ed33f5e650fc3.png

SuperSport United: 2022/23 Season Review

In a somewhat surprising move I opted to leave my newly promoted side Uthongathi to take over the vacant position with Premier Division side SuperSport United, hoping to enhance my blossoming managerial career. After a league title it felt the right time to move on, jumping onwards whilst my stock was high. SuperSport United were a much more reputable side, and my hunt for major trophies would be much better suited to the bigger club. My move was met with sceptics, but I was confident in my decision and looked to prove that as soon as possible. Looking to shape a squad capable of challenging for honours, my arrival saw eleven players join the club for a spending spree of a little over £400,000. My target was to bring in plenty of promising younger players in the hope of forming a squad capable of competing for all trophies within the next few years. Immediate success wasn't so much on my agenda, although any successes we could pick up would be an added bonus.

The biggest signing was that of 17-year old striker Eddie Smyth from Cape Town Spurs. He had almost single handily ensured his side would compete for promotion last season, and scored in both matches against my Uthongathi side. He bagged 19 league goals, and I opted to spend £200,000 to bring him into the football club. Fellow striker Tariq Whiteman was another prospect grabbed, as we paid Maritzburg £110,000 to bring in the 19-year old. The highest profile signing was central midfielder Haashim Domingo who was grabbed on a free transfer after his release by newly crowned champions Sundowns. I also raided my former club to sign winger Mihlali Mayambela and defender Keenan Abrahams both on free transfers. Mayambela bagged 28 goals in 30 league appearances last season, and the moment I joined I moved to grab his signature for my new employers. On top of those transfer activities I also moved to promote a couple of really promising youngsters from our youth teams.  Central defender Thulasizwe Makola and central midfielder Stanley Tshabalala coming up to provide competition in our squad and form a basis for the future here.

On the field my reign began slowly, minus the 4-0 hammering we handed Maritzburg in my first competitive game in charge in the Super-8 Cup. We were eliminated in the next round by Kaizer Chiefs 2-3 on aggregate before stuttering through our first few league matches. One win in our opening five, although we suffered just the solitary defeat away to Sundowns. As the season wore on we seemed to grow in confidence though, with my players beginning to grasp my managerial methods and style. An impressive 8-0 home defeat of TS Galaxy the real highlight of a good run. Results started to flow and we climbed up the league table quickly. On top of that we progressed nicely in the SA Knockout Cup too, eventually dispatching holders Cape Town City 2-0 away from home to book a spot in the final.

Having reached the final of the SA Knockout Cup our task couldn't have been much harder. Kaizer Chiefs stood in the way of us winning the first silverware of my era. The excitement soon faded though, as we fell behind to an early goal. After a slow start we grew into the game, although we were struggling to create any really meaningful opportunities. Step forward Haashim Domingo who stepped up on 77 minutes with a wonder strike from long range to level the tie at 1-1. The rest of the game passed without incident and the final was forced into extra-time.
The extra thirty minutes was as tense as the previous ninety, but we finally got a chance on 111 minutes. A scramble in the box fell to substitute Abednigo Mosiatlhaga who lashed home to give us the lead. We clung on and defended with all our lives to win 2-1 and lift the trophy. A first major honour for my club since the Super-8 Cup triumph back in 2019.

739028689_KOCupwin.png.6fa2350f6908faa3707355f401b6c7b5.png

There wasn't much time to celebrate though, with the World Cup in December causing a real congestion of fixtures in the new year. We climbed to the top of the league table, but would also have the distraction of the SA Cup. At this stage excitement was really starting to build. Pleasingly the board expectations for the season were pretty modest, meaning that any finish in the top-4 would keep them happy. With one trophy in the cabinet we also had the opportunity to compete for the SA Cup, and confidence was really high. We were putting together a really impressive season, although well aware that form could dip at any time with the sheer volume of matches requiring regular rotations. The aftermath of the cup final seemed to drain my players though, and we endured a miserable run of form. Two poor league defeats were joined with a SA Cup shock to Jomo Cosmos as we bowed out on penalties after a 1-1 draw. At this point we needed to push on if we were to try and compete for the league title. We had dropped to third place, and with games in hand on us both Sundowns and Orlando Pirates could move clear of us.

Our elimination from the SA Cup enabled us to focus on finishing the league campaign strongly, and thankfully it seemed to give us a boost. We started stringing results together again, including a last gasp 2-1 victory over Kaizer Chiefs being followed up with a fantastic 3-0 victory at home to reigning champions Sundowns. Orlando Pirates were still top of the pile, but we were doing our best to try and compete up there with them. They sat a point ahead of us with a game in hand, but we were on a five match winning streak. With eight games remaining we really did have it all to play for.

1710248251_FinalTable.png.44bcef614f3d6035d7acf6ab69f08162.png

In the end we just didn't quite have enough. We lost 0-2 to Orlando Pirates in a game in which we played well but gave away two penalties to lose. That defeat left us seven points behind them and with minimal chances of them slipping up. I'm happy with our first season though, and we definitely performed better than I had hoped.

The main positive for the season definitely has to be the opportunity to lift the SA Knockout Cup. My first trophy at the club, and my first towards the challenge. It felt fantastic to end the clubs drought, and winning it felt like it was kick starting my career here. It's a shame we didn't compete more in either the Super-8 Cup or the SA Cup, but there is another opportunity next season. Having picked up my first trophy I am now desperate to make it the first of many. My other aim for the season was to get this club into the Champions League, having not got to compete in it this time around. Our second placed finish ensures that we will get that opportunity next season.

It's really exciting times for me here, with a big future ahead. We've put together a really strong squad of players, and it's a young set too. There are many years in the tank for the majority of the players and that's a real bright spark. Hopefully we can put together a little period of dominance over the next few years. I signed a new three year contract with the club midway through the campaign, and I would be surprised if I don't see that contract through. My aim is to win a number of trophies here, and also to make this club as competitive as possible in the Champions League. Over the summer I will look to add a bit more quality to our ranks, but in honesty I don't think we need to do very much. This is an exciting bunch of players and I have confidence that we can be competitive again next time around. Hopefully the Knockout Cup will be the first in a long line of trophies for me here.

Season	Club			Competition		Position	Notes & Achievements

2020/21 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	2nd		Lost in promotion mini-league
2021/22 Uthongathi FC		SA First Division	1st (C)		SA First Division Winners
2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier Division	2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners

Edited by goonergez

@goonergez when we taking over Maidstone United from Hakan then mate?

---------------------------------

I've decided to give the MLS a go this season, and will leave if we don't accomplish anything with Atlanta. After drawing the opening game 0-0 against NY Red Bulls, we've picked up 5 wins in a row and are currently top of the Eastern Conference by two points.

Think I've got my head around the wage cap system etc. Perhaps the league will grow on me...

6 minutes ago, The Regista said:

@goonergez when we taking over Maidstone United from Hakan then mate?

---------------------------------

I've decided to give the MLS a go this season, and will leave if we don't accomplish anything with Atlanta. After drawing the opening game 0-0 against NY Red Bulls, we've picked up 5 wins in a row and are currently top of the Eastern Conference by two points.

Think I've got my head around the wage cap system etc. Perhaps the league will grow on me...

I could only be your assistant. You’re the one with the talent 😉

14 hours ago, vikeologist said:

I've never even seen twins in the game. Do they exist?

AFAIK, brothers happen, but not twins, but maybe it's been added. I mean 1 in every 666ish intakes has a son, but you rarely hear about them.

Theres the da Silvas who played for United but cant think of any more.

I've just had 2 come through with same surname but on the information they are not favoured personally so think just a coincidence and not brothers

1 hour ago, Safe Hands said:

Theres the da Silvas who played for United but cant think of any more.

I've just had 2 come through with same surname but on the information they are not favoured personally so think just a coincidence and not brothers

Yes, well, if there's real people, they'd be in the game, but I'm not aware of twin regens.

Shijiazhuang Ever Bright football club - Soccer Wiki for the fans, by the  fans      Malian Flags (Mali) from The World Flag Database

Season 2022

SJZ Ever Bright and Mali

After winning the double in my debut season in Finland, I decided I decided it was time to head elsewhere, with a couple of trophies and a couple of coaching badges tucked away. Mali offered me a position and a start in international management. Back to back friendly wins of Syria and Benin started my reign comfortably, before heading into our African Cup of Nations qualifiers. A nice group of Kenya, Zambia and Swaziland was in store, and we sit top with 10 points, and looking absolutely certain to qualify, with Swaziland and Kenya left to play. 

Club-wise, I ended up in China with SJZ Ever Bright. Having brought in four players on loan, after taking over with just before the end of the transfer window, imagine my frustration at not being able to register any of them because of some issue with their foreign player limit. This meant I'd taken over the club bottom of the league, with no option to be able to improve the team, and with half of their foreign players ineligible to play. Safe to say, this was not the situation I'd signed on the dotted line for.

Nevertheless, I felt there was some potential in the side, and a couple of wins would see us in the mix for survival. I didn't expect such an upturn in form, though. We had 11 games to go, and began with a 2-0 win over Guangzhou R&F, but were then royally thumped 5-2 away at Shanghai SIPG. What followed that was somewhat ridiculous. 6 wins on the bounce, including beating double-winners Shandong and 3 other top 7 sides. This run saw us soar to the giddy heights of 12th, where we would finally end up, despite 3 defeats in a row to end the season, after safety had been assured. 

In terms of players, the quality isn't great, but that can probably be said about the vast majority of teams in this league. Centre back pairing Andrea Hristoc and Renato Kelic performed well, and keeper Shao Puliang was excellent in several games. Right winger Gustavo Torres was our key creative spark, and striker Liu Xinyu hit 7 in 11 to ensure our survival. All 4 are likely to be key components of the squad for next season.

So, what's next? I think there's definitely the possibility of building a team capable of challenging at the top end of the table with SJZ, once I can get around the squad issues. I've only been given £1m in the transfer budget for next season, so loans will most definitely be our friend. There's a few Chinese players transfer listed, and I'm hopeful to bring in a few reinforcements in the upcoming window. What would be nice is having the opportunity to actually register them this time.

Season   Team    	Position	Notes and Achievements
2021	 Inter Turku	1st		League winners! Finnish Cup winners! Manager of the Year.
2022	 SJZ Ever Bright 12th		Took over with the club bottom with 11 games to go.

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (Inter Turku - Finland)

1/10 domestic cups (Inter Turku - Finland)

0/5 club continental championships 

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments 

0/1 world tournaments

@numero uno gunner a very good survival there mate. China does seem a tough nut to crack due to a real lack of quality and strict foreign restrictions. Can’t believe you were only given a million to spend though. I would’ve expected £100m+ with basically everyone so that really surprises me. Good luck though mate!

In regards to SuperSport I’m midway through my second season in charge. It’s been a long slog to reach the winter break and things are pretty similar to my first season. We’re competitive in every game but the addition of the Champions League this season has definitely hurt with squad rotation and fitness. I’m in for a really tough end to the season, but hopeful of adding some more trophies to our cabinet.

image.png.2618fc964a5238d443ab7bba11eaf049.png

Season 2020/2021

Well our job lead us to Russia and to the 2nd Division to Baltika Kaliningrad. I joined at half way through the season with the team mid table in 12th but only 4 points above the relegation zone. First thing I did was asses the playing staff. I had no number 2, poor coaches, we quickly addressed this bringing in some quality on very little wages. I had a decent wage budget for the level but i had no room to bring many players in. Normally i like to play 433, controlled possession based football with aggressive fullbacks. It was clear from the squad this was not possible. The were leaking goals and not scoring many. I found this surprising i they had 2 quality strikers a Brazil player with pace who had only scored 2 goals all season and a Serbia sort of target man. I quickly decided i would build around these 2 and the very solid but slow centre back i had. They also had a great prospect keeper who had brilliant stats for the long throw. Decided we would play a low block, quick counter attacking 442. However I lacked somebody who could cross. I managed to bring in my 1 and only signing. Blackburn Rovers legend , ladies and gentleman i present

image.thumb.png.78a76f73eae597be9d0298ed03c15e90.png

He was excellent while clearly on the wane because of his age. but was head and shoulders above everything else we had. Watching his Crossfield balls from LM were a joy to behold and my Brazilian striker loved him, finishing with 10 goals in 14 games. We joined at the 2 friendlies and result speak for themselves. We finished 6th and wasn't too far off the playoffs. Considering where we started it was remarkable.

image.png.eaeaf4f674961c62abd4f888960aa3a4.png

image.thumb.png.53a3219606a5f87f1558e5971a76e77d.png

What next. I think we will win the league next year, I'm keeping 10 of my starting team while also moving over 30k off the wage bill to give me room to bring in plenty of free, although I'm restricted to 4 foreign players and 2 spots are taking already. However i have a bad feeling about this board, they are only happy with me after what I considering a great achievement. I can see them giving me the boot if we hit a bit of bad form. Also its really a nothing job in terms of the challenge even if I got promoted there is no way this club could compete with the monsters in the top division who are owned by billions. I think if Pederson retires I will walk and look for pastures new. If he plays on I think I'll stay and move on after the next season. I've started my first badge course.

1646.png.af949db9a85494d71f98c4b1dc05d619.png

SuperSport United: 2023/24 Review

After a 2nd placed finish in my first season at this club there was a real sense of anticipation ahead of this campaign as we looked to build on my solid base. Unfortunately despite the eager anticipation things didn’t quite work out for us and we ended up fading to a pretty insignificant campaign. Early stages saw us impress and string together results. In fact we even managed a club record eighteen matches without defeat at one stage. We really ended the campaign badly though, and threw away a really good position in a number of different competitions.

1233547403_EndTable.png.825e44350fa9b85b9c1295430c2b2077.png

The final league table really doesn’t do any justice to our campaign. We were sensational for nearly the entire campaign before slipping to five defeats in our last eight matches to drop out the race and miss out on Champions League football for next season. For the most part we looked like champions elect, even holding a four point lead with a game in hand with just seven matches to play. Fixture congestion ended up ruining us and we will have to settle for the second level of continental football next season. At times we were phenomenal though and young striker Eddie Smyth popped up with another impressive tally of 26 league goals. Winger Iqraam Rayners also impressed with his own tally of 20.

Outside of the league we were also impressive although still managed to fall short and endure a trophy less season.

808758596_CLFinal.png.26d3c6ae8a31103be003424a4869e235.png

Not going to lie but this one was tough to take. We stuttered our way to the group stage then played really well to win a tough group. The quarter final was a breeze before a late goal in the semi final second leg saw us beat ES Tunis 3-2 on aggregate. The final was tense and nerve racking, and unfortunately they just popped us to the crown. On top of that we suffered semi final heartbreak on both the SA Cup and the SA Knockout Cup, both to Kaizer Chiefs. The only competition we didn’t threaten to pick up was the Super-8 Cup as we crashed out at the first stage to Stellenbosch.

I’m left absolutely distraught as to how our season capitulated into nothing after performing so well for so long. In the end the sheer volume of games destroyed us and we end the season empty handed. I managed to resist the immediate decision to resign from my post, which I am glad of. In fact the only job I can see me leaving for at this stage would be Orlando Pirates although I can’t see that job becoming available anyway.

Looking on the flip side we put together a very competitive season. My side challenged across all competitions really and we only just fell short. My squad is still extremely young, and the future does look extremely bright for us. The biggest disappointment is that we won’t get to compete in next seasons champions league. We will have to make do with the confederations cup, which is a little disappointing. I still have two years to run on my contract with this club, and I see no reason to walk away from it yet. I’m disappointed but I’m still optimistic, now we just have to dust ourselves down and go at it again next season.

2022/23 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		SA Knockout Cup Winners
2023/24 SuperSport United	SA Premier		3rd		

0/10 top domestic leagues
1/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup)

0/5 continental competitions
0/1 world tournaments

image.png.efd6391ffbb661e004181d7ef70b9fe4.png

I knew I'd lose the match when they got an equaliser in the 114th minute. The real kick in the teeth is that the Penalty we missed....was blazed so far wide, it could well of finished up in a different postcode.

Another season with FC Twente it is then! I may still win some trophies mind. But I just.......needed.....that Cup :mad:

image.thumb.png.f0b57b55edb949ceab1e6ec5493d6a63.png

hAbbfkcR_400x400.jpg.93a41450c3630a4b6e2e369eb09c99a0.jpg

Season 2022 / 2023

Copa Sudamericana and Argentine Premier Division winners. I will stay in the club for 6 more months and try secure Copa Argentina and Copa Liberatores.

20210309072816_1.thumb.jpg.8f15babe0b133144fc6ef5ef8cc3a599.jpg20210309072414_1.thumb.jpg.ddbe0b143869e334f40eb2b13f5c8024.jpg20210309072417_1.thumb.jpg.17f1c491376e9fa348fd701d56666f28.jpg

20210310184852_1.thumb.jpg.f6b1093ebc04a419deed9926568aefdc.jpg20210310184338_1.thumb.jpg.ecc5f95eba8ed9f18f0c10796a244c81.jpg20210314013103_1.thumb.jpg.2e0c864a8f9cdcd4745273ada8e7fadb.jpg

14_03.2021_01_33.28_REC.png.32f112d364831d688d8652627ed0ecef.png

images.png

So it got the end of the season. I finished 2nd in the league & Won the Euro Cup II. Also sold 3 players to make £20 mill.

The new season budgets get announced.....£15 million transfer......£91 available wage budget. That's right....£91.

@goonergez So what does any self respecting manager do? Jump ship. This particular ship headed for DC. Who just so happened to already be in the US Cup QF. :brock:

I've also just won the Gold Cup with Mexico! What a waste of a tournement. No competition at all.

1646.png.8f9829e65218330d0ab0e082fb1771c0.png

SuperSport United FC: 2024/25 Review

My first season with this club saw us push a title chase close and win a trophy, but last season proved a lot more disappointing. We threw away an opportunity to win the league as well as the Champions League. This season was all about progression and how we could bounce back from the setbacks last season. I was confident in my side, and hoped that the experiences would help my young players to push on and improve. We spent a little under £1,000,000 in the summer as I looked to strengthen the depth of the squad. The biggest arrival was 26-year old central defender Siyabonga Ngezana from Kaizer Chiefs in a £500,000 deal. We also kept hold of our key men, apart from left winger Mihlalo Mayambela who left to join Orlando Pirates.

We started the season a little slowly, crashing out of the Super-8 Cup at the first hurdle to Kaizer Chiefs. A 2-2 draw resulting in a shoot out in which we lost. The SA Knockout Cup wasn't much better either, with the same team eliminating us again in a 0-1 defeat at home. In the league we plodded along nicely, and in the Confederations Cup we progressed nicely into the Group Stage of the competition. As the season wore on we continued to pick up positive results. We sat 2nd in the league to Sundowns, but it was tight and both teams were winning consistently. We breezed through the Group Stage of the Confederations Cup too, despite using the competition to rest our regular players. As the SA Cup arrived our league form dipped. We started to draw too many games, and in the end that cost us the opportunity to lift the league title. A very good season, but ultimately we fell just short.

2140625134_FinalTable.png.d829378d0f1b7d1b192ef7c236f759bb.png

I'm pleased to have made progress on last season, and we took a title charge all the way to the penultimate round of matches. Iqraam Rayners was once again sublime on the right wing, but young striker Eddie Smyth was a little quieter. He managed a slightly disappointing 12 league goals, hopefully we will see more from him in the future. To lose so few matches is very pleasing, and more importantly we at least manage to get ourselves back into the Champions League with our finishing position.

If Eddie Smyth was slightly underwhelming in the Premier Division, he was ridiculously good in the SA Cup. He bagged 13 goals in his 5 appearances as we breezed to the crown to lift my second trophy of the challenge. A 9-0 demolition of Amazulu in the final capping of a simply sensational run.

183575918_SACupWin.png.5ee84231041fa4b5a150f68f842439c9.png

The SA Cup wouldn't be the only trophy we lifted this season though, with a continental crown also finding itself in our trophy cabinet. We breezed through the Confederations Cup competition to meet fellow South African side Kaizer Chiefs in the final. So often the ruin of our dreams, we were sublime in the final to beat them in a brilliant performance to lift the trophy.

322140735_ConfedCupWin.png.bad6e2dfeacc29dbfa0494c58dbc848f.png

Although I am gutted we couldn't go on and lift the league title, it has to be considered a successful season for my football club. To lift two trophies feels fantastic, and it feels that my players have taken a step forwards this campaign. I'm delighted with what we achieved, and hopefully it'll be the catalyst for more successes in the future. My contract has one year remaining, and I still desperately want the league title and preferably the Champions League too. It won't be easy, but I have a lot of confidence in my young squad. Hopefully it will be more successes to come. I've already got a few signings completed for the club, and they will all help to improve the depth in our squad. Hopefully we can keep hold of our key men over the summer and can then come back next season better and ready.

2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners

0/10 top domestic leagues
2/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners)

0/1 world tournaments

Good to see people making some progress in the challenge!

Random question / observation - I'm trying to rebuild my SJZ squad, and there's loads of Chinese players whose contracts have expired at their current clubs, but for some reason I'm not able to approach them / can't sign them. Is this a bug, or has anyone else experienced something similar? There's currently 4 players out of contract who would walk into my starting XI right now, so it's somewhat frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Safe Hands said:

Do you guys find it easier to get new jobs if you resign? Decided I was leaving my current job end of the season no matter what. Went on holiday for a week ,came back and I'd signed a new 3 year deal!!

I resign all the time! It may be harder if you're still in the early stages. But I've won so much now, I don't think anyone would not offer me a job :lol:

I quit from FC Twente, went to DC United...won the cup...quit again. Now I'm at Spartak Moscow!

6 hours ago, Gregg88 said:

I resign all the time! It may be harder if you're still in the early stages. But I've won so much now, I don't think anyone would not offer me a job :lol:

I quit from FC Twente, went to DC United...won the cup...quit again. Now I'm at Spartak Moscow!

Yes the problem is if you want to move to a new club that can't afford compensation.

If you've finished your work at a club, leave.

Even with the new contract, you can just quit. And you probably should.

Edited by vikeologist

1 minute ago, vikeologist said:

Yes the problem is of you want to move to a new club that can't afford compensation.

If you've finished your work at a club, leave.

Even with the new contract, you can just quit. And you probably should.

Very much so! Have to beg them to lower that compensation sometimes.

For info....I've just got knocked out of the Russian Cup. At least another season until Challenge completion!

image.png.d6f9c9eac9e603e59b50fb1c35363511.pngimage.png.674d55c1e0ad3c70876b15eb995bd40c.png

SEASON 2021/2022

image.png.a4b59d747271a1a1ac2ff34a7d6c6d61.png

After last season amazing run I was very confident we could win the league. I set about strengthening the squad. I bought it 3 experienced Russian defenders disregard from the premiership, a playmaker and a 18 year old striker on loan from Shaktar. Boy I was right, we romped it. My record in the league in remarkable in 50 games we lost just 2. Morgan Gamst Pederson was best player in the league at 40. The kid from Shaktar is destined for big things scoring goals for fun.

image.thumb.png.26e0110adb0b2d6f370cc0373e32dfd8.png

image.thumb.png.8bf111143f0dae2a69b348bd05d6e956.png

image.thumb.png.89fcce12d70f6d34f53a25ffb6efb573.png

The club love me but my time is up. There are monsters awaiting in the premiership and we simply don't have the finance to compete. We played Krasdonar in the cup and were soundly beaten. They finished mid table in the prem. Their wage budget is 650k per week mine is 65k. As a long term save I would fancy competing within 3 seasons but in terms of this challenge it really isn't worth the effort so I will save the game as a separate save and resign. I want 1 of 3 jobs. A job in China, a team in Europe where i can challenge for the title where ever that be, maybe Czech Republic or Croatia. Other options is a sleeping giant I can get my teeth into Kaiserslautern are still in Germany 3rd division, Sunderland are on the verge of relegation to league 2 and Palermo are still languishing in Seria C, i would take one of them 3 jobs. Let see where our journey goes next.

Profile below the club have been good to me allowed me to keep going on coaching courses and they love me but time to say goodbye.

image.thumb.png.7a6149bbbd2341b225a619fb72bd3be6.png

Had some great offers. Could have continue my Russia story with Rubin Kazan, big budget and potential title challenge. Had 2 offers in Turkish prem. Also great job at Pec Zwolle in dutch 2nd division was on the verge of taking this but got a job offer at Le Harve so took it with both hands. So excited by this job. They got some great prospects. Not looked at the squad fully but they got 16 cm who looks a potential world class kid. I'm trying to bring Pedersen with me.

21 minutes ago, Safe Hands said:

Had some great offers. Could have continue my Russia story with Rubin Kazan, big budget and potential title challenge. Had 2 offers in Turkish prem. Also great job at Pec Zwolle in dutch 2nd division was on the verge of taking this but got a job offer at Le Harve so took it with both hands. So excited by this job. They got some great prospects. Not looked at the squad fully but they got 16 cm who looks a potential world class kid. I'm trying to bring Pedersen with me.

Something exciting about promising youngsters, even if this challenge probably stops you staying at any club long term. Speaking of which, I’m very tempted to sign on for a new deal with SuperSport. I’m in no rush to complete the challenge, and I don’t really want to bail on them before winning everything I need in terms of the challenge. I’m in my fourth season with them but I’m thinking I may stay for a couple more seasons yet before moving on. As I say I am in no rush to complete the challenge and I’m enjoying it so far.

1 minute ago, goonergez said:

Something exciting about promising youngsters, even if this challenge probably stops you staying at any club long term. Speaking of which, I’m very tempted to sign on for a new deal with SuperSport. I’m in no rush to complete the challenge, and I don’t really want to bail on them before winning everything I need in terms of the challenge. I’m in my fourth season with them but I’m thinking I may stay for a couple more seasons yet before moving on. As I say I am in no rush to complete the challenge and I’m enjoying it so far.

Stick with it mate,  I loved South Africa. I started this to experience leagues I wouldn't even look at. Long as your enjoying it. Im planning staying at Le Harve long term. Either to challenge for French league or build my rep to get the Paris job.

20 minutes ago, Safe Hands said:

Stick with it mate,  I loved South Africa. I started this to experience leagues I wouldn't even look at. Long as your enjoying it. Im planning staying at Le Harve long term. Either to challenge for French league or build my rep to get the Paris job.

My thinking is that it doesn’t matter how long it takes to complete the challenge (if that’s even possible 😂). But the enjoyment is there for me so I see no reason to try and rush around for it all.

Going to do well to survive half the season at Le Harve. I've walked into a mutiny.  The players simply havent taken to me and I'm fighting a losing battle. I've not recovered from 1st team meeting. I only said we could fight for a playoff place which isn't unrealistic at all and is expected and they wasnt happy thought I was being over ambitious,  since then half the squad are complaining over something or other.

I've moved 2 of the troublemakers out, one being my best player. Drew 4 and well beaten in my other game first 5 leagues not great. Got a week before deadline and no wage budget really. Dont know if to risk further mutiny trying to move on 2 higher earners to give me a chance to bring my own guys in. 

SEASON 7

2027/28

See the source image

-LAZIO-

PRE SEASON/TRANSFERS

3 quality signings made with a view to putting together a good run in the CL adding to last seasons league title win.

image.thumb.png.9a1b3ace2a283da623f8a7762c5b9354.png

image.png.47706bb3bb05498043ad12e582c4695d.pngimage.png.ad5fb139f4e9d7c0e3c1a1203927c747.pngimage.png.fc30bdb8c2831696fb12e6dd41df1a72.png

COPPA ITALIA

Despite targeting this as a comp I needed to 'tick' off I made the mistake of resting too many regulars and it came back to bite! Eliminated first round.

image.png.676e6cbe766f997af0236b267d5aa3e5.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Made a bit of a meal of easy group

image.png.1ef01670ec77c93df23e3c883660f38c.png

3-0 up and cruising at home in the first leg a late away goal set in the doubt then in the away leg we went down to 10 men just after HT at the Etihad and the roof came in.

Out of both comps I needed/wanted to win this season at an early stage.

image.png.42efd1b9f5a6d34a54333f7ff46aef14.png

SERIE A

Comfortably retained the title

image.png.0696cdcbd53a2ddd064d32a14e4fee21.png

Following the cup disappointment I was looking for a change of scenery. Off to America

image.png.e68200e9bfaf8423ed4a4df2cb06754e.png

Minnesota are on of the weaker and poorer sides in the MLS so this will be a challenge.

We Joined with not long left in the season and with the team in 11th place in the Western Conference.

Results were pretty poor and the frustrations with salary cap nearly had me thinking this was a terrible move but we will give it another season to see if we can progress,

image.png.08e20866bbeaf4c2959c4959cacb99ae.pngimage.png.734393493213366d31fc0c1a3ea1d7e4.png

INTERNATIONAL

ENGLAND

See the source image

Just the one blip in qualifying for the up coming euro's. Had to settle for 2nd place in the group

image.png

image.png.236aa9243d19d7b7c23fea7fdfa3ef02.png

EURO 2028 (SPAIN)

We had a tough draw against the holders Portugal and 26' world cup winners France.

image.png.6ea60e885c2bd6ce6948d9bd25d9cb83.png

The only points dropped was surprisingly against Northern Ireland

image.thumb.png.aa72900ddf78845a9ac24f2fc108d15d.png

Smashed Russia and edged past Turkey to set up a semi final with Holland

image.png.91a2505a70303b0f2d8b96ba5414319d.png

Just as it looked like it was going to ET. Greenwood the hero

image.png.ca8a69744e2a7da43e3f77a6d3459949.png

Austria upset the home nation in the other semi

image.png.318c3bbda95a6aa186c02870c8195d61.png

European Champions!!! We dominated the final and should have won by more but there were a few tense moments with the Austrians taking the lead and had an 85th minute penalty saved!

image.png.0df0463d2d444bde02ca5a9a7ced389e.png

WHAT'S NEXT

Trying to get my head around the MLS and overhaul the Minnesota squad is my next target, I have a feeling the MLS maybe a little bit too frustrating to navigate but I want to give it a full season with the long term view of qualifying for the CONCACAF Champions League and winning the MLS Cup along the way.

Internationally the up coming season will be a quiet one with just nations league action.

The 2030 world cup will be the long term target and we (England) are the host nation so it seems silly to leave at the moment.

image.thumb.png.0623d503b63709cb8b83e2613e31eccc.png

image.png.524d8b462b8dea3d31aba01e4f678ebe.png

Edited by berrers

1646.png.2407c2dc288b5e39e463477c5cea93cb.png

SuperSport United FC: 2025/26 Review

My fourth season I charge of this football club began in a bad way as we lost a couple of our top players to bigger clubs. Young central defender Thulasizwe Mankola left for Saudi Arabia in a £1,000,000 deal before striker Eddie Smyth left to join Arsenal for £550,000. The 61 goals in 81 league appearances of Smyth sure to be missed. Fellow youngster George Peters also opted to depart, leaving for Augsburg in a £700,000 deal. We moved to bring in replacements with last seasons top goal scorer in the league Ryan Moon arriving from Kaizer Chiefs to hopefully offer fire power. We began the season with a surprise entry into the group stage of the club World Cup competition. We didn’t embarrass ourselves in a narrow 0-1 defeat to Real Madrid before an impressive 2-2 draw against Boca Juniors in a game we should have won. Next up was the CAF Super Cup, where we produced a fantastic performance to beat Orlando Pirates 3-2 and lift another trophy. The Super-8 trophy was another big success as we breezed through to the final before beating Orlando Pirates 3-2 to lift it for the first time under my management.

Meanwhile we started sluggishly in the league and breezed through the first couple of rounds in the Champions League. We lost just one of our first nine league matches, but unfortunately won only three of them. We picked up some form, before progressing through a tough Champions League group as well. The only dampener was the SA Knockout Cup, in which we lost out to Sundowns on penalties at the semi final stage. As our league form gradually started to improve we hit the back end of the season in a really tight chase with Orlando Pirates and the surprise package of the season Cape Town City. The Champions League ended in heartbreak at the semi final stage, as a 1-0 victory at home over Sundowns was followed by a lacklustre 0-2 defeat away. The SA Cup went well enough though, as we went all the way to the final where we would face off against Orlando Pirates.

1787576112_CupFinal.png.54f17e62c9d3071e4f66904fe83443da.png

The final itself was far from a classic, and to be honest we spent the majority of the game on the back foot. Thankfully we managed to pick up the win though, with Ryan Moon popping up deep into stoppage time to steal the win and pick up another trophy for our collection.

The league continued to go strong, with a twenty five match unbeaten run finally ending in defeat to you’ve guessed it, Orlando Pirates. We followed it up with a fantastic win over Sundowns though, meaning two wins in our final two league matches would see us crowned champions.

1251674106_FinalTable.png.4bbaa9721c18739a6e4e20d0328e008f.png

It went to the final day, although we had effectively secured it using the penultimate round with a 2-2 draw against somewhat fittingly, Uthongathi. With a far superior goal difference we went into the final game at home to Cape Town City effectively champions and able to have a party. A fantastic season comes to an end with my first title as a top flight manager and my first league for this challenge.

An unbelievable season draws to a close and ends in the perfect way possible. It’s taken me four seasons here but we finally pick up the league title I was craving and move a step closer to completing South Africa. On top of that we picked up the Super-8 Cup for the first time during my reign as well as a second consecutive SA Cup and the CAF Super Cup. A season of success that ends with the addition of four winners medals. I’m delighted and feel a real sense of pride in both the team and myself. To achieve all that despite losing a couple of real key players really is one hell of an achievement. The only dampener is the semi final loss in the Champions League, although that is now the only trophy missing from my collection with this football club.

My contract is about to expire with this club, although I am planning to stay on. So far they’ve only been willing to offer me a four year extension, and I have no intentions of staying here that long. I will probably sign a new contract though and look to have one more crack at trying to win that Champions League trophy. That being said I am keeping my options very much open. If an exciting opportunity arises somewhere else then I am more than ready to make the move. I’m now weighing up where to go next. I’m edging towards a move to China, although Mexico is also intriguing me. I’ll look to start adding some new leagues into my save as well now as I get ready to move into the third club of my career. I’ll return at some point shortly and let you know whether I am leaving or indeed staying for another year. For now I’ve got to go and find somewhere to store my new medals though.

2024/25 SuperSport United	SA Premier		2nd		Confederations Cup Winners, SA Cup Winners
2025/26 SuperSport United	SA Premier		1st (C)		SA Premier League Winners, SA Cup Winners, CAF Super Cup Winners, Super-8 Cup Winners
2026/27 

1/10 top domestic leagues (2025/26 SA Premier League)
2/10 top domestic cups (2022/23 SA Knockout Cup, 2024/25 SA Cup Winners)

0/1 world tournaments