The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Quick update. My third season at Newell's didn't start well for one reason or another. league form all over the place, knocked out of the cup early on penalities and then beaten by Boca (grrrrrr) in the semi final of the Copa Libertadores so I've done whatever I do when things start getting tough - i've jumped ship!

A job came up at Seattle in the MLS - one of the better teams with a ice transfer budget - so I applied and was offered the job! I've taken it so am now the manager of Seattle Sounders.

seattele.thumb.jpg.0f74cab75299e9e952ab3bb4ac557df2.jpg

In retrospect, I might have won the league at Old Boys but in many ways my tenure there was a bit of a failure. Money poorly spent, results getting worse season on season, I may well have ended up being sacked before too long. My invented rivalry against Boca came back to haunt me as they beat me at nearly every turn as well. Time for a clean start I think

careersumarruy.JPG.06024d6269f41d3ad04f3a582bbe9158.JPG

33career.JPG.49358b92e9d96d8c3433f4b20b7ea159.JPG

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

Quick update. My third season at Newell's didn't start well for one reason or another. league form all over the place, knocked out of the cup early on penalities and then beaten by Boca (grrrrrr) in the semi final of the Copa Libertadores so I've done whatever I do when things start getting tough - i've jumped ship!

A job came up at Seattle in the MLS - one of the better teams with a ice transfer budget - so I applied and was offered the job! I've taken it so am now the manager of Seattle Sounders.

seattele.thumb.jpg.0f74cab75299e9e952ab3bb4ac557df2.jpg

In retrospect, I might have won the league at Old Boys but in many ways my tenure there was a bit of a failure. Money poorly spent, results getting worse season on season, I may well have ended up being sacked before too long. My invented rivalry against Boca came back to haunt me as they beat me at nearly every turn as well. Time for a clean start I think

careersumarruy.JPG.06024d6269f41d3ad04f3a582bbe9158.JPG

33career.JPG.49358b92e9d96d8c3433f4b20b7ea159.JPG

Good luck in the MLS. Too complicated for my simple brain 😂

Just a quick update as I haven't the time or energy to bother with a full write-up.

It's been a few seasons since I last posted, and I have added further silverware to my cabinet, making my way up to 5/32 trophies.

1222648779_ScreenShot2020-12-19at4_46_51pm.thumb.png.b8695fc5d91b8050ea20340f17f6b376.png

After winning the league with Boca, I stuck around long enough to win the cup, before leaving for Europe. The PSV job came up in January and as they were still in with a shot in the domestic cup and mathematically the league title, I though't I'd have a tilt. It wasn't to be though and I left as soon as a better job became available. It took two seasons but it all came good at Leipzig, winning both the league and cup in my second season, and finishing runners up in the UCL in my first season.

After leaving Germany, there were no top tier European jobs available so I went back to unfinished business in South America. Despite a lowly league position, Corinthians were still in the Copa Libertadores and the Copa do Brasil, so I took that job on and managed to beat my old club Boca in the final of the Copa Libertadores, but lost out to Flamengo in the Copa do Brasil.

I've since joined a flagging Atletico Madrid side, who need a serious rebuild to compete with Barca and Real, and I'll jump ship to a serious title challenger as soon as I'm able, which should be after the 2032 Euro's and Copa America when international jobs become available and top managers leave their club jobs.

In the meantime I'm hoping to guide Brazil to the Copa America title, after failing miserably with them in the 2030 World Cup, being knocked out in the 1st round, but somehow keeping my job to fight on for the Copa.

2 hours ago, Phelix said:

After winning the league with Boca, I stuck around long enough to win the cup,

i don't think I'm ever going to get over the bitterness of being rejected by them! That looks a really interesting journey you've been on there, i think Brazil might be next on my list.

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

i think Brazil might be next on my list.

Brazil is great, the quality of the players is insane, but the sheer amount of football you play is also insane. So. Many. Matches. It's year round, and the volatility of the league is also incredible, teams that win the Copa Libertadores one year can be relegated from the Serie A the next.

Whenever this UFM challenge ends I'll be doing a long-term youth challenge type save in Brazil.

21 hours ago, Phelix said:

Brazil is great, the quality of the players is insane, but the sheer amount of football you play is also insane. So. Many. Matches. It's year round, and the volatility of the league is also incredible, teams that win the Copa Libertadores one year can be relegated from the Serie A the next.

Whenever this UFM challenge ends I'll be doing a long-term youth challenge type save in Brazil.

I've just staretd with a team over in Brazil, there is a league to do before you do the main league! It's gunna be a long season.

Season 2033

Seattle Sounders and Brazil

seattele.thumb.jpg.17ee1aebe434a59e09e23fc8c38b0220.jpg  1200px-Brazilian_Football_Confederation_logo_svg.thumb.png.b7f343f5887587a9fcea7dad318041a8.png

League

So the MLS is bonkers. There's salary caps and an international player cap, which wouldn't be a problem except you can't buy players from other MLS clubs in a straightforward way. You have to do trades and such so you end up having to rely on drafts, which nearly always means you get dross. So it's a very different FM experience. Seattle were ricjh, with a 35m transfer budget, but not much to spend it on. I went shopping, bought too many international players, couldn't register them all and then had to sit and watch as 2 players i spent a million on got removed from my team and given to someone else!

My first XI was strong and we started the season well. 5 straight wins at the start followed by a 9 match winning run a little later meant we reached the hlafway stage well ahead of anyone else. Injuries struck in the second half of the season and we struggled a bit, drawing as many as we won. But by the end of the season we qualified for the play-off easily

33confwinners.JPG.7d5ec95f9cd3a08854d4864eaf0b5e6e.JPG

We also won this shield thing, which combines both Eastern and Western conferences. But it didn't mean anything - the title goes to whoever wins the play-offs.

33shiedwinners.JPG.f959fe7865b8f4fe0ead141c4803e0bd.JPG

As champions we went straight into the semi-final which meant we had to wait for our game and when it came we were a little off the pace. 

33mlsfinal.JPG.55051539c4f3b4ac7a0265ad357c43bd.JPG

So we went the entire season losing only 3 times but with nothing to show for it. FM'd at the play off semi final stage

Cups

As far as I can tell there's two cup competitions? I don't know, the MLS is confusing. Only one of them has other MLS teams in it though, the other one has Canadian and Mexican teams in it so i'm guessing this one doesn't count. I don't know, the MLS is confusing. Anyway, i got knocked out on penalties.

Next Season

I'm kinda getting my head around the madness of the MLS. I need to be a lot smarter with my signings this season. i left myself woefully lacking in defensive options last season and when injuries and suspensions came along it really showed. Hopefully I can win it. The MLS seems a really tough competition to win!

International

Qualified for the World Cup easily, only loising once. It's next season in Japan - I'm quite excited!

Career Progression

33career.JPG.759ae7ae87c6d7c680756e186b52191d.JPG

Challenge Progress

33challengeprogress.JPG.6b99b23dcb76f4725d032b07b04af60e.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

Luke Fox

DL Pro

2025 / 2026

183560428_DLPRO.png.fc716a73412d0ee927cb0f9030fb0ed5.png

After my relatively successful time in China all I needed was the Champions league and we could start looking for a new challenge and more trophies. With this in mind I completely disregarded the cup competition and decided to make 11 changes in every cup game. We got to the fifth round and then played the team in third place in the division below, we were poor and lost on penalties, no major concern our focus is now fully elsewhere. Something i thought was interesting though was the team we lost to went onto to win the cup, beating top flight teams in every single round.

Our league form was superb, we didn't rotate as much as the cup but we were very careful when playing in games near the champions league fixtures. I developed a lower tempo, less intense tactic and just set out to win in second gear and that's pretty much what we did. We won the league with 5 games to spare and were still unbeaten, until I made 8 changes against one of the teams in the relegation zone that was only 2 days before our champions league quarter finals. Not the end of the world but i would of liked to have gone all season unbeaten.

Spoiler

766162910_DLPro2526league.thumb.jpg.9ba089a5919427e021219237c7e0a3a9.jpg

Anyway, the main event, the Champions league.

Group Stages

Spoiler

214746528_AFCGroups25.thumb.jpg.47f9d2961705336e19f0a294684330a0.jpg

Second Round (If applicable)

Spoiler

678299050_AFC2nd25.thumb.jpg.3b14bc45d59cb01477be6ea9bacb4bdc.jpg

Quarter Finals (If applicable)

Spoiler

1081755661_AFCQuarters25.thumb.jpg.11a1db51e98a79f1576d6d879eaee493.jpg

Semi Final (If applicable)

Spoiler

941930234_AFCSemi25.thumb.jpg.d3eaf43f4bb03f25e13182c76e80879e.jpg

Final (If applicable)

Spoiler

597064361_AFCFinal25.thumb.jpg.860b165810ed09ee62a817d74d70d4a4.jpg

Full Competition Overview

Spoiler

383395604_DLProComps2526.thumb.jpg.6befc32d03a1bf4ed674146f37867901.jpg

What's next?

Spoiler

Well finally we got that sorted, maybe a season or two later than I would of liked but now its done. In my last update i mentioned i was now top of the Chinese management hall of fame, this year I've managed to make DL Pro the most reputable team in the whole of china, from a mid table team to the top in around 4 seasons, pretty pleased with that to be honest.

I've resigned now and will start the search for my next little project, hoping for a little mid season take over for a title or cup challenge, but who knows.

Challenge Update

Spoiler

1072467181_clubupdate.thumb.png.7854b524dbba0526eec97874d39ba445.png

523126788_fullupdate.png.7dad3e01f4ed864f1ea14955b76b4bf9.png

Edited by lukefox44
Format

Season Four

Cape Umoya United FC.png

Promotion was the aim at the start of the season however a slow start proved costly as by the middle of the season we were down in 11th (albeit only 6 points off the top spot). We were also out of the cup early and when I got wind of a news item saying I faced the sack if I lost my next game, which was away to the top of league, I decided to jump before I was pushed - especially with a 28 day gap following the game before our next fixture. After applying for a couple of jobs and getting interviews at Rochdale and Peterborough I found my way back into a role a little further up the league from where I previously was.

Polokwane City FC logo.png

I found my way to a team in 6th place and 6 points off the playoffs with just 13 games to go, however our start killed us with no win in the first five games which was mostly due to a lack of goals. With the season fizzling out I threw in a 17 year old prospect from our youth team who scored in four consecutive games as we took 12 points from our last 5 games to finish back in the 6th place I started from. The entire team is out of contract in the summer so a full rebuild is needed, however the younger players at the club involved in the first team look like they can do a job so I'm aiming to keep them tied in.

Shirt badge/Association crest

I've also found my way back into international management in Europe with North Macedonia. Perhaps unsurprisingly they failed to qualify for Euro 2024 so I had 9 months until my first competitive games in the Nations League where I've been drawn against Northern Ireland, Kosovo and Faroe Islands. I have won and lost friendlies against Cuba and Estonia respectively. 

image.thumb.png.8ed874d9d4312f0ea2b01450cfc4df04.png

image.png.38c0f20703c4ab3661bced61df901021.png

image.png.f501cbefe362eca40481d694deebb564.png

On a side note just two years after leading Tiddim Road to their first ever league title, they've already been relegated!

9 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

So the MLS is bonkers

How you finding it overall? I'm not sure if I should skip the MLS or embrace it.

Think I'm a little wary of having to win the play offs for it to count as a league win, but saying that I dont think the other North American option, Mexico, is straight forward either.

orlando.png.2f71df844c8debf5ce872247734fbef1.pngiv_coast.png.977d538e8bc543db6ee9c67516ec0b20.png

Season 4 (2023/24) - Orlando Pirates / Ivory Coast

We continued to be dominant on the domestic front, and this time no other team provided a strong challenge so I rather easily secured the league and all three cups again. In the Champions League, things went quite smoothly despite a solitary defeat to our rivals Kaiser Chiefs in the group stage. 

Much of the CL opposition was pretty substandard, and apart from the Chiefs my first potential banana skin was in the semi final against ES Tunis, the reigning champions. But we had one of those games where everything went in during the first leg and won 6-0 at home, making the return leg a formality. In the final I expected to face the Chiefs but they blew a 3-0 aggregate lead with 20 minutes to go in their semi final, going out to goals in the 91st and 93rd minute despite winning massively on xG. Ouch! Shows that FM-ing is definitely not reserved for human players.

So, onto the final against USM Alger, I was feeling confident but this side showed that they were the master of FM-ings by playing super defensively and keeping things at 0-0 until late in the game. But a headed goal from a corner in the 93rd winner won it for us, and with it I’ve completed the African (club) part of the challenge. Our best player again was Mhango who stayed fit all season and managed 50-ish goals, though this tally was boosted by some ridiculous scorelines against weak CL teams. Asanele Velebhayi was also great, providing plenty of goals and assists from the offensive midfield position.

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

Managing in South Africa was fun, but I’m happy to move on, and managed to secure a job at the Mexican side Cruz Azul. Pretty happy about this as I actually went to see them play when travelling round Mexico some time ago, just a shame that my Cruz Azul shirt got worn out or lost somewhere so I can't wear it for any upcoming cup finals :p Very much looking forward to this next stint; just hope I don’t get sacked too soon :D

On the international front, I got the Ivory Coast job after the ACON. The team looks great, Boly, Aurier and Bailly in defense, Keisse in midfield, Pepe and Zaha in attack... The only issue is that we don’t have a single half-decent goalkeeper, opening up plenty of opportunities for FM-ings but I’ll worry about this later. For now we started well, thrashing Algeria in World Cup quals and winning the first two games in the Acon qualifying.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club               Division       League     Cups                           Notes
                                                        1st    2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1       5                                      Took over in 9th, finished 5th
2021/22    TS Sporting        RSA Div. 1       1                                      
2022/23    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier      1        Won    Won                    A quintuple of league, MTN 8, Knockout cup, Nedbank cup and CAF confed cup   
2023/24    Orlando Pirates    RSA Premier      1        Won    Won    Won             A clean sweep domestically + champions league                                                  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation         Cups                                                         Notes
                       World Cup   Euro's   AFC   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2020/21 Turkmenistan         
2021/22 Uzbekistan                                      			    Qualified for World Cup through playoffs
2022/23 Uzbekistan                                       			    World Cup Group Stage; Asian cup Q/F
2023/24 Ivory Coast

Challenge Progress:

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues: South Africa (Orlando Pirates)
 1/10 domestic cups: South Africa (Orlando Pirates)
 1/5 club continental championships: CAF Champions League (Orlando Pirates)
 0/1 club world championship: 

International
 0/5 continental tournaments:
 0/1 world tournaments:

Overall: 3/32

Edited by dkouv

24 minutes ago, lukefox44 said:

How you finding it overall? I'm not sure if I should skip the MLS or embrace it.

Think I'm a little wary of having to win the play offs for it to count as a league win, but saying that I dont think the other North American option, Mexico, is straight forward either.

It's interesting. You totally have to change your approach to fit in with their mad rules but I quite like that.

Having to win the play-offs is a massive pain but I think I could hang around here for a few seasons if needs be, especially now I'm getting me head around it. I quite like the idea of having to adapt to fit in rather than justa kind of rinse/repeat approach you can use in Europe.

2024-2025 Season Review

i.png.a060ea8fec21309e41d3998665896e93.png

After the perfect five months in Bulgaria, I packed my bags for a new adventure in climates warmer. A few options had become available to me, but the most appealing one had to be multi-time league champions Pumas who were joint top after 5 games. On paper this seemed like a guaranteed trophy…

Liga MX Torneo Apertura: Taking over with 5 games played and the team sitting joint top (with CF Monterrey) was a great position to be in and we held that form for the rest of the league stage. 17 games, 13 wins and just one loss saw us finish 4 points ahead of Monterrey, however that means nothing in Mexico where the top 8 teams all head into a playoff stage to be declared the champions.

First up was 8th placed Deportivo Guadalajara who despite putting up a good fight in the first leg, holding us to a 2-2, just didn’t have the quality we had and eventually succumbed to a 5-3 aggregate loss. Next up we hosted Club America at home who came to play, but couldn’t stop us sneaking the 4-3 win in front of our fans. The return leg wasn’t quite so hard and we put 3 unanswered goals past them to set up the final against CF Monterrey.

I had a bad feeling heading into the final as Monterrey had really pushed us to the edge all season. The first leg was at home were we never really got going and slumped to a 1-0 loss – a loss that we definitely had the talent to overturn. In the return leg. And overturn it we did…not. Another lacklustre 90 minutes and another 1-0 loss handed Monterrey the title.

Liga MX Torneo Clausura: I had some fears that our heads might drop following the disappointing final but that wasn’t the case. 17 games, 13 wins and 3 losses saw us finish in first place again. But as we know, that isn’t enough in Mexico!

There was no messing in the quarter final and we dispatched Xolos Tijuana 5-1 to book our semi-final appearance against Club America. Luckily for us, it was another round where we really didn’t have to step up a gear and booked our second final with a 6-1 win.

That final was against Atlas Guadalajara, a team we have previously knocked out in the quarter-final. This time it was a lot closer as they took the first game 2-1 before we went to theirs and returning the favour. In the end it was only a penalty shootout that separated us and it turns out, we are better than they are in that regard! It took only 5 attempts and 4 goals for us to win the game and lift the trophy on the second time of asking.

Leagues Cup: This was over before I took over, but Montreal Impact put the guys out in the Quarter-Final

Mexican Champions Trophy: This was actually my first game in charge; one day after taking over. What better way to introduce myself than with a 3-1 win and a trophy?

CONCACAF Champions League: Whilst I knew I had two chances at winning a league this season, this was the one I really wanted! We got off to a fantastic start by beating Toronto 8-2 in the first round and DC United 12-1 in the Quarter-final. Up next was a Sem-final against fellow Mexicans Club America. I went into this round very confident, which was perhaps my downfall. We struggled in the first leg, only managing a 2-2 at home. Turns out this performance was as good as I could ask for and we lost 3-2 in the second leg to send us packing. Frustrating.

Top Goalscorer: When I took over, the squad really lacked a natural goalscorer so I went out and spent £5m on young Argentine Alan Vivas from Racing Club. What a signing he ended up being, scoring 43 in 45 games

Most Assists: The star of the squad I inherited was without a doubt Luis Guzman. The homegrown winger had the biggest clubs in the world sniffing around him, but we managed to keep hold of him and I am glad we did! 36 games, 12 assists and 21 goals for the player that just seemed involved in every good play.

Highest Ave. Rating: Its not often your highest rated player is a keeper, but Raul Gudino earned that award over the course of 45 games!

Most POTM: Another award for Luis Guzman who truly earned his reputation

International: I’m still at Australia and have all but qualified for the World Cup. We of course won’t win that, but this still seems like the best nation to be at until the next Asian Cup.

Next Season Plan: I’m sticking around because I feel like the Champions League is definitely achievable. Annoyingly the top teams in Mexico aren’t entered in to the cup competitions so the best we can ask for is the league and continental double.

Season	    Team              Position    Continental                                Notes and Achievements     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020	    FC Edmonton       1st         Won Scotiabank CONCACAF League             Won Manager of the Year
2021	    FC Edmonton       1st         Lost Scotiabank CONCACAF League Final      Won Manager of the Year
2022        FC Edmonton       1st         Won Scotiabank CONCACAF League             Won Amway Championship. Won Manager of the Year
2023	    HJK               1st         Europa Conference League 4th Qual.         Won Suomen Cup
2023-24     CSKA Sofia        1st         Europa Conference League 2nd Round         Won Kupa na Bulgaria
2024-25     Pumas UNAM        1st         Lost in CONCACAF CL Semi-final             Won Mexican Champions Trophy. Won Clausura, runner up in Apertura

Challenge Progress

Club
4/10 top domestic leagues: Canadian Premier League Island Games (FC Edmonton, 2020); Veikkausliga (HJK, 2023); efbet League (CSKA Sofia, 2024); Liga MX Torneo Clausura (Pumas UNAM, 2025)
3/10 domestic cups: Amway Canadian Championship (FC Edmonton, 2022); Suomen Cup (HJK, 2023); Kupa na Bulgaria (CSKA Sofia, 2024)
0/5 club continental championships:
0/1 club world championship:

International
0/5 continental tournaments:
0/2 world tournaments:

International:
Season     Team              Notes and Achievements     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020       Russia U19s
2020       Israel
2021       Israel
2022       UAE
2023       UAE                Asian Cup Semi-final
2023       Australia
2024       Australia
2025       Australia

Edited by Danny_H22

4 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

It's interesting. You totally have to change your approach to fit in with their mad rules but I quite like that.

Having to win the play-offs is a massive pain but I think I could hang around here for a few seasons if needs be, especially now I'm getting me head around it. I quite like the idea of having to adapt to fit in rather than justa kind of rinse/repeat approach you can use in Europe.

The play offs is the only thing putting me off, other than that you've convinced me to go for it. 

When I started the challenge I wanted to manage in different leagues than I would normally and I suppose MLS is about as far away from normal as it gets.

World Cup 2034

1200px-Brazilian_Football_Confederation_logo_svg.thumb.png.4a42b4dde9a2672d3925358564e0c623.png

We came into the tournament as number 1 in the world and favourites for the title. Could we match the hype on the pitch?

Group Stage

Spoiler

We had a favourable draw with Slovakia and Tunisia our opponents. They shouldn't be any problem, and they weren't

34WCgroup.JPG.4ea7af58f30199a4853cf83f080052ab.JPG

Round 2

Spoiler

Round 2 gave us a draw against Iran. The weird 3 team groups means a lot of teams will qualify for the knockout team that otherwise wouldn't have, and Iran probably wouldn't have otherwise. They were no match for us

34WCround2.JPG.8316e9116412010865f1da1c9c207e93.JPG

Round 3 

Spoiler

Third knockout round set up a right doozy - Argentina! We'd beaten them easily in the Copa America and qualifying but Argentina will always be a tough game. In the end it was fairly comfortable.

34WCround3.JPG.598d5e432d5cadb850000f7bb8a228ed.JPG

Quarter Final

Spoiler

After seeing off Argentina in the last round surely we were due an easy draw for the quarters? nope, it was England, who have some crazy good newgens running around atm it was a really close game and could have gone either way. We just pipped it on Xg and actual goals as well

34WCQF.JPG.7cbc18ff4054c67d8e060dd8f42fd08c.JPG

Semi Final

Spoiler

On the other half of the draw the semi final was between two of germany, spain, france and Ireland. On our side of the draw it was between us and either Saudi Arabia or Morroco. Turns out it was Saudi Arabia. i took a calculated risk and rested a few key players. It shouldn't have mattered too much, our strenth in depth is ridiculously good, and it didn't. A really easy game for a semi

34WCSF.JPG.a4b44fad1d8276557c9bbfefa503f909.JPG

Final

Spoiler

It was Spain in the final. We'd beaten them 4-1 in a friendly before the tournament started so I knew we had a good chance. They took an early lead but we equalised not long after. It was fairly even in the first half and we went in at 1-1. THe second half kicked off and after 48 minutes I had my AMC sent off. After 54 minutes my AMR got sent off. And then, after 63 minutes one of my MC got sent off. So we were playing at least the last 28 minutes of the world cup final with 8 players. Somehow, against the odds, we scored a great solo goal from the most expensive player in the world (jose, 249m to real madrid!) to take the lead. We held on and were Champions!

34WCfinal.JPG.3159b944d111dc55bf89a998f8a5e0ed.JPG

2034worldcupreview.JPG.f606ae794ce0aef1e49c6adaebb06139.JPG

What's Next?

Spoiler

I've done all I can with Brazil. 97% win rate isn't too shabby either. So I'll hand my notice in and head back to Europe, see if I can win the Euros in 2036. Hopefully there'll be some juicy jobs available.

34careersumm.JPG.edb7e2b59b3416d1710243a8c79ec388.JPG

34challenge.JPG.ef416366e17cd22a310232b104b71241.JPG

Season 2034

Seattle Sounders

seattele.thumb.jpg.83728eeba58fdb279daeba128549c151.jpg

League

After the disappointment of last season I made sure I used my new found MLS knowledge to make sure we had a much better suited squad for the job in hand. That done, we startd the season relatively poorly, dropping to fifth in our conference just before the midway point. The second half of the season was much better from us and we started to show some consistency, putting together a good enough run that we took the conference title.

34conference.JPG.020b84625f8949bfd2b7a157f06c47be.JPG

We'd also done enough to take the supporters shield thingy for combined conferences, which was nice, but ultimately meaningless. It was down to the play-offs again.34supportershield.JPG.12863b6b4f624d9bb70f085968f0fbb8.JPG

As champions, we got a bye straight through to the semi-final, which is nice but also means you have 2 weeks without a competitive game. When it finally came around it was against Real Salt Lake, the reigning MLS champions who knocked us out last year. We were much better this year and a 3-1 victory put us into the conference final againt LAFC. Another 3-1 win meant we were into the MLS final, where the winners would be crowned Champions.

We were playing Chicago Fire, who we'd never played before and I knew little about. I put out my best XI, went attaking and hoped for the best. At 2-0 down it wasn't looking the most adstute managerial move but then....

34finalresultyes.JPG.74205f592adecc75ed2fa263c29a73ed.JPG

We'd done it! MLS champions!!!!

34mlstitle.JPG.beb06128c1bddf5243019d3d5fc13587.JPG

Cup

Knocked out in the fifth round by Real Salt Lake. They were starting to become Boca like in thwarting me at seemingly every turn.

Continental Cup

We lost the first leg of the first knockout round 3-1 to toronto. At least we have an away goal I figured, but it turns out we didn't need it as we romped to a 5-0 home leg win. That set us up with a quarter Final game against Philadelphia. We drew 0-0 and 1-1 and went out on away goals. three games into the league season.

International

After winning the World Cup I resigned from brazil and applied for the vacant jobs at England, France, italy, Belgium, Netherlands and Mexcio, thinking I'd have my pick. Not one of them offered me so much as an interview. So i have no international job for now! We'll see what comes up in the next few months.

What's next

I'm hanging around for at least another season to have a go at the US Open Cup and the champions league. I'm winning leagues at a far greater rate than cups. I need to start winning some. 

I finally had someone approach me for a job too. Manchester City, but it was the wrong time so I turned them down. No ragrets.

Career

20434career.JPG.b43e18fa0be6087199799f0c64a42620.JPG

Challenge Progress

2034challengegpro.jpg.ae7eb959c1452eb194382ad7d407737d.jpg

Edited by libbyshuss

Okay long time no see! I am back with my second update. Last time I left you I was jobless after gaining promotion from the second devision of SA. I took a gamble and it went a bit bad at first. I was jobless, the Albania job became available and I took it but I was still without a club. 

Albania (2023)

Albania_national_football_team_logo_crest.png.9b8b618fda8b53e6e5103146f3cbfb7c.png

Wow that logo was a lot bigger than I expected! Anyhow I took the job when they were in the nations league and managed to escape relegation. Next was the EURO qualifiers and they couldn't have put us in a more difficult group. Netherland, Denmark, Slovakia and Belarus were our Opponents. We get a good start and look good for a shot at the second placed teams spots. After the turn of the year, the CAN is over and a few jobs become available, mainly Ghana and Ivory Coast. I took a gamble and came back to Africa as the new manager of Ivory Coast. My main reason behind the switch of jobs is the potential this job had for silverware, mainly the CAN in 2025 and also a much better shot at qualifying for the World cup and getting a taste of that tournament since I never managed in it before. So back we go to Africa..

Ivory Coast (2023) 

1175742081_FIF_Cote_dIvoire_logo.png.81c7e9f2842ce2f10c3f88b69f050ac4.png

I was skeptical about taking this step but once I have seen the squad, I liked the prospect this Nation had for a shot at the CAN in two years. We had the first round of the World cup qualifers at first, a two legged tie against Uganda. Easy work and we are through to the group stages and we get one hell of a group. Madagascar, Senegal, Gambia, on the one hand two easy teams but on the other the highest ranked african team but these matches start at the end of 2024 so I will check back on it in the next update.

--------------------------

So the club search was going in the background of all of this and I went a full season jobless.  However, at almost the last day of the season Amuzulu were in the south african relegation playoff and sacked their manager. I take over after they secure their place in the top division and thus I have a job finally for the 23/24 season. So Welcome to..

AmuZulu 

374945133_download(2).png.b4ebd4ca2e720c3dafbf01dea7cce4f5.png

So if you remember from my last update, my problem with Richard bay was the finances, the club was 1mil in the red so the task of staying up in the top division would have been very tough. I made sure to check the finances before taking the job this time and all the board needed was avoiding Relegation. Well with a few good transfers mainly, Wilfred Yessoh, we are performing well enough in the league to be around mid-table. I accept my fate that I am probably staying in Africa since I didn't even come close to any silverware yet, but I am making waves by taking AmuZulu to this stage and being midtable. Come April we are 5th in the league and out of the cup, this is when the Orlando pirates job becomes available and would you look at that they are still in the Champions League. They are struggling a bit in the league, not much but enough to get the manager sacked. After all they were runaway league winners last season, so the squad was definitely good enough to be at least higher up the table. So I apply and I get the Job!! 

Orlando Pirates

i.png.4623dd08673ee714a216cdca531c9690.png

This is a big catch! I am now in a good position to win the big one in Africa. I take over just before the quarter finals and we are drawn against Mazembe. We lose the first leg but we come back home and put in a big performance at home and On to the Semis we go! A draw against ES Tunis is a tricky one. First leg we We win at home, very close game, we travel to Tunisia and we fall into the Reverse Result but we are through on Pens! This has been a total dream so far and we come up against our final opponent none other than our fellow south african team Sundowns. They also have had a up and down campaign and are looking to redeem their domestic shortcomings with this trophy. The final is here and this team is just full of surprises, African Champions!!! I came in March and by May we had lifted the big one! 

Domestically I had very low ambitions at first. We were about 10 points a drift from Golden Arrows but this team was firing on all cylinders and with some results falling into our favor, the league looked like this 2 games to go and every single result went into our favor, I couldn't believe it.  I didn't face any of the contenders and Golden Arrows had two games left against Chippa and Swallows, the relegated team, so I kept my hopes low especially since I was already satisfied with the champions League win. They lose against Chippa and I have a chance to go top. I win my final two games Domestic champions!!!!. I don't know how this one happened but I had the form of my life to end the season. I was too hung up in the CL campaign, I didn't even notice we were flying in the league as well until three games to go! 

MVP: None other than Leo Leow, a regen striker that was already there when I took over. He can put the ball in the back of the net, very good actually. Finished second in the golden boot behind the Wilfred Yessoh, the striker I bought in AmuZulu, so I was very proud to have two of my players top the goalscoring charts in south africa. 

Challenge Update

--------------------------------------------------------------- Domestic Seasons --------------------------------------
Season     		     |      League Outcome      |      Cup Outcome      |      Contentintal trophy Outcome      |
 			                 1/10			   0/10			         1/5
		 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20/21:
December - February:	
	Portugal (2nd Div)
	Penafiel 	     |		N/A	        |	  N/A		| 		N/A		       |

-----------------------------

21/22:
	South Africa (2nd Div)
		Richard Bay  |		1st		|       Semi-final	| 		N/A                    |

22/23: 
	     N/A

23/24:
	South Africa (1st Div)
	August-March
		AmuZulu	     |		N/A		|   1st Rnd/1st Rnd     | 	        N/A 		       | 
	March-
	  Orlando Pirates    |		1st		|    2nd Round/ N/A     |       African CL Champions           |

------------------------------------------------------- International -------------------------------------------------
	Contentintal 								World Cup
	0/6									0/1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next

I will probably look for other jobs now again, I am targeting South or North america next but open to going to europe as well if something becomes avaliable, honestly just relieved to have something ticked off the challenge. 

Edited by Solsol

Monterrey & Ivory Coast update

A quick update after a poorer season than I had hoped last season. Making the playoffs but  best we could do was the semi final. I cleared out the dead wood and had a £35 million kitty. I bought the best players I could who were interested in the positions I needed. I was hopeful I could really make a title challenge this season.

We started off well hovering around 2nd place but our form didnt last and I just could not get my players to perform. I could not decide on a tactic nothing seemed to work. I finished 6th in the first half of the season qualifying for the playoff. In the first round first leg we got beat by Club America 5-0 at home. I resigned immediately afterwards. No appealing jobs have come up yet. I am in the middle of qualifying for the ACON which starts in about 6 or 7 months, fingers crossed I can win it this time round.

Season 2035

seattele.thumb.jpg.fbb1c179f4d437a731a94c8007c2b896.jpg

Just a quick mid-season update. Because the MLS season runs differently to the Champions League we went straight into it with our first game of the season. An 8-0 win away at Huracan. We breezed through the next round and got Philadeplhia in the Semi. We were in great form, went to Philly for the first leg and got hammered 4-0. We won the second leg 4-2 but went out on away goals. 

I was too depressed to hang around and try again so I threw in the towel and resigned. I'll have another go at the champions league with a Mexican side at some stage. So It's the beginning of June and I have no job! Let's see what comes up....

2034challenge.JPG.54db4a581d59208394e923b7ac19ceda.JPG

So I had a couple of offers from China and Korea but then the Daegu job in South Korea came available. They're mid-table in the league but they'd only recently won the league 4 times in a row and they still have a nice strong squad. Even more appealing, they're still in the Asian Champions League with a quarter final match coming up. So here I am....

34Daeguboss.JPG.8b421d578db29ba164b076e4c23d6591.JPG

I've never managed in South Korea before so it'll be an interesting experience. It has to be a lot easier than in the US anyway.

Annoyingly, they have three future transfers arranged so i lose three of my best players in 2 weeks. Which is nice.

34career.JPG.5bc14f58c4d131ae76290334add3cdc1.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

6 minutes ago, elbazzeyad said:

Ok .. but what are the top 5 leagues that I should win .. other than EPL, la liga, seria A, bundesliga and ligue 1

Any you want, but given that you have to win the Champions Leagues, most of them kind of choose themselves. You're going to have to manage in S Africa, Asia and the Americas at some point.That's 4 of the 5, but if you win the Champions Leagues with those clubs but not the leagues and cups, it's up to you where you pick them up.

Season 2035

Daegu FC - South Korea

Daegu_FC_svg.thumb.png.b0dd9eedde8d8187a30f06440cdb80bc.png

Almost a perfect season!

League

I rocked up halfway through the season, just before the first transfer window opened. Daegu were a top side but had a poor start to the season and were 6th, 8 points adrift of top spot. We had a nice budget and it turns out South Korean players are cheap as chips! I strengthened the squad with three top Korean players and a 19 year old Colombian stiker/AMC I'd brough to Seattle and had just started banging the goals in for me. The team suddenly looked a whole lot stronger and set about assaulting the rest of the league. 

We went on an unbeaten run that took us all the way to the penultimate game of the season. Losing that game meant we went into the final game of the season only 1 point ahead. The league, in all their wisdom, had decided to arrange the final fixture on an international weekend so I lost 8 players to international fixtures, leaving me only 11 first team players left. I managed to scrape a side together, closed my eyes and hoped for the best. Somehow we scraped a 2-1 victory to take the title on the last day of the season.

35table.JPG.63b699785dc3aab3e153e12a68db68cf.JPG

Domestic Cup

IT was easy peasy, all the way through to the final. We were flying, on top of our form, looking unbeaten. The final was a two-legged affair and the first leg saw us go away to FC Seoul. THey hammered us 4-0. The second leg seemd and uphill task, and so it proved. We won 4-2 but lost the final 6-4 on aggregate

Asian Champions League

When I joined the team had got through the group stage, just, and just scraped through the second round. The quarter final was against fellow K League side FC Seoul. A 1-1 and 2-1 win saw us through to the semi-final against Australian side Perth Glory. We got a good 0-0 draw in Australia so it was all down to the home leg. We were exceptional, winning 7-0 to set up a final against Al-Sadd. 

The final was a 2-legged affair as well, with us playing the home leg first. We were great, winning 4-0. I figured the second leg would just be a formality but it was closer than I'd have liked, with them winning 4-1. They scored twice late on though and our away goal had come halfway through the second half so I wasn't too worried but it was still closer than I'd have liked.

So, 6 months and winners of the AFC Champions League and the K-League!

35afcchamoionsleauge.JPG.8c60562c35f14ac1024d0bd03b9fc824.JPG

35wewonthis.JPG.1a3efbea6e7c0eded4834b43ee54cd26.JPG

What's Next?

I'm not sure. WInning the league and champions league so early was a surprise - losing the domestic cup final an annoyance now. In terms f the challenge I'm way behind with domestic cups, I've barely won any, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to stick around Korea just on the off chance of winning a cup. I might see what jobs come available in the next few months and jump if any really juicy ones pop up.

I still have no international job, which seems odd after winning the World Cup but what can you do?

Career Progression

35careerdata.JPG.b46b5a7d8c5bf239ec2af5fd67aee453.JPG

Challenge Progress

35challengeprogress.JPG.d428e1a50fd758009cd70632f20a626b.JPG

Only 12 out of 32 achievements?  This challenge is going to take forever isn't it?

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

Season 2035

Daegu FC - South Korea

Only 12 out of 32 achievements?  This challenge is going to take forever isn't it?

Well, once you get to a certain point, you should only have to spend an average of 2 seasons at a club, and sometimes much less.

But look, if you're enjoying it, why not spend forever on this challenge?

You're making reasonable progress. It might not look it from the hall of fame, because generally the people who complete the challenge do so quite quickly. 

I can't believe I basically won the league every single year for practically all of my challenge, and still I was the slowest achiever on the full fat game since, well, me on FM15.

My perfect league record was not echoed in cups, either domestic or international of course.

I would say this though. If one wants to get through the challenge even relatively quickly, they might have to ask themselves; Will I probably win everything I need to in 2 full seasons here?

If you try to build clubs up, it will take a very long time. And that might be fine. Challenges are more than just 'completing' them. Honestly, taking over a big club, spending ages setting things up as you like, winning everything and then starting somewhere else can be a bit unsatisfying.

The challenge either takes a long time to complete, or a really ****** long time to complete, so you have to have fun at least some of the time along the way.

Edited by vikeologist

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

If you try to build clubs up, it will take a very long time. And that might be fine. Challenges are more than just 'completing' them. Honestly, taking over a big club, spending ages setting things up as you like, winning everything and then starting somewhere else can be a bit unsatisfying.

yeah, i quite like the pragmatic approach of taking jobs where you can win straight away. It's a fun challenge, i think i under-estimated how much of a slog it can be. I feel like i've been on a really long journey already but i'm not even halfway through!

I'm taking my time before taking my next job. there's no rush, it needs to be the right one.

Rotherham United 2028/29 Season

225px-Rotherham_United_FC.svg.png

0fc8a1fee15b6f2d0646ec460c07760b.png
As can be seen from the screenshot, the season isn't finished here, and that's because I've got a new job. But this season in general has been going relatively well, the summer window was a tough one as is often the case for a newly promoted side to the premier league, we did managed to strengthen in a lot of areas, but I was still a little wary of my defense. I probably should have included the bottom half of the table in my screenshot as it is likely we'd have been in a relegation but early doors we find ourselves 4 points clear (though Arsenal who are bottom will surely have a ressurgance at some point). Incidentally, if going by expected goals for and against in each match we should really be probably in and around the European places thus far with us scoring 7 less and conceding 2 more than our xG would suggest. The cup was going reasonably well with us expected to win our 4th round match.   

Alas, it's onto something new, I did actually apply to join Marseille in the summer with me the leading candidate and the fans favourite before they gave it to someone else, but in the end I'm swapping one Tycoon owner for another as I return to North America to become the manager of Santos Laguna in Mexico.

Edited by _JHTB_

Season Five

Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila F.C. logo.png

So despite having been in charge of Polokwane City for four months I was approached  Tshakhuma Tsha Madzvhandila (or TTM as they're better known as). It was a tough choice as I felt I had a good young squad with Polokwane, however the lure of managing in the Premier division was too much. We started dreadfully, but during the middle of the season hit some real form where we even won the second quarter phase of the season. Again the end of the season saw our form tail off and we ended up in 11th, however it allowed me to bed some youngsters into the senior squad. Elsewhere in the cups it was only the second round of the Nedbank Cup and the quarter finals of the Telkom cup, so still awaiting further success from my loan Indian Premiership trophy. I am now working on the Continental A licence as well

Shirt badge/Association crest

With Macedonia we competed in Nations League group C4 alongside Kosovo, Northern Ireland and the Faroe Islands, and narrowly missed out on promotion. Despite having the same points and a better goal difference, Kosovo pipped up to first place with the head to head record after they drew at our place and beat us in Kosovo. We're in the qualification stage for the World Cup alongside France, Czech Republic, Lithuania and Ukraine, where anything other than a fifth place finish would be a bonus. I did hope for a job in Africa to come up after the African Cup of Nations, but nothing came up.

image.thumb.png.81011d1c94cba2fc883dc805891f25b9.png

image.png.84cc371f8fae483d163dcbeeb6741c48.png

image.png.e990459d288ae2b9ba5c4c760395a243.png

I was prepared to wait for the right job to come along. Turns out I didn't have to wait too long - pre-season title favourites, stil in the Champions League but languishing in 8th place in their league I am now the boss of......

35kaiserchiefsmanager.JPG.20e1ea7489dd4e98524cd3a95395e1fb.JPG

Plenty of work to do here - I need that Champions League! And a domestic cup would be really helpful at this stage too

35careerdata.JPG.2fec46a1fbf85254f00f659ecbb27483.JPG

Luke Fox

R.S.C Anderlecht 

2025 / 2026

417796686_Anderlechtbadge.thumb.png.8f50aba122ae710ed7020a6afbd3d58e.png

After leaving DL Pro I was prepared to wait for the right job to come along, I had the Anderlecht job within about 2 weeks, I just felt this was opportunity was too good to pass up on. 

When I joined they were doing poorly in the league but still in the semi final of the cup. 

This was the league when I joined.

Spoiler

1170331436_Anderlechtleaguewhenjoined2526.thumb.jpg.24c02497225cfe1a1ef1676b19c24c03.jpg

We played very well during the league but missed out on the top four and the championship group, we were however in the Europa league play off group, 

Spoiler

53939476_Anderlechtleague2526.thumb.jpg.a99b406997ef6a50ffadd29f8acb8440.jpg 

2010518757_Anderlechtsplitleague2526.thumb.jpg.0c4983f6407a944b867ba54df0b2ee31.jpg

The Semi final of the cup was two legged and easy enough, we were never not in charge and won comfortably. The Final was against Club Brugge who had won the league at the time and hadn't lost in over 20 games.  This is how the final went.

Spoiler

572283667_Anderlechtcupfinal26.thumb.jpg.370c7992b7aa37dc556f0a42834e0a17.jpg

When I joined it was just before the transfer window and I had a fairly hefty budget and I set out spending it.

Spoiler

959267232_Anderlechttransfers2526.thumb.jpg.38dafa712bd1dcc962d74d0164185e3b.jpg

Just a little mention to Roka who we signed to play up top on his own. He looked good before we signed him but look at that goal return and minutes per goal. He carried us through the league and cup.

Spoiler

627848285_Rokasigned2526.thumb.jpg.76fb36c7332ae0a5a4c529bd93fedf8f.jpg

1855890419_RokaStats2526.thumb.jpg.ca8bd0ae12eee3f8564c840a448d19c6.jpg

I think I'm going to spend next year here as it feels like a very good chance of winning the league. I've also just taken the Japan job after the 2026 world cup, not one of the big two Asian sides, Australia or South Korea, but with the Asian cup coming up in the middle of next season with a bit of luck we have a chance. That's if I can figure out international management, been a bit of a weakness this save for me.

Progress

Spoiler

1518379562_clubupdate.thumb.png.c76e902306bb17e41e4ea76099c4e9e3.png

952524692_fullupdate.png.ea3c70be440a63f0d481014c2a301237.png

Edited by lukefox44

image.png.148a3f1c795092fd47911338105ae7e9.png

ACON 2029 Update

This would be my second attempt at the ACON, my first failed miserably with Nigeria which ended in me getting the sack. I really hope I can win it this time ang get this one out the way.

Group Stage

Spoiler

20201223212912_1.jpg.1b912ff2a4e181b62a07332fff6c394f.jpg20201223224635_1.jpg.4d312fcc477e1710875d0b5e9bdeacb6.jpg20201223224648_1.jpg.4092d77a0e72f1a6af7fea92791d3ef4.jpg

A solid start against Egypt its all we could ask for. We all know how tricky this competition can be.

Our second game against Ghana was a bit of a shock for us. We were ranked way higher than them and our player quality was so much better than theirs. Just by looking at the stats you can see how dominant we were. 68% possession, 32 shots, 12 on target and a xG rating of 2.37. I think we got FM'd right there.

Our final game against Zambia was an easy affair running out 5-2 winners

20201223224624_1.jpg.77477d1409dc6db754caa560efd47d5c.jpg

1st Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

20201223230406_1.jpg.11f1f23c5d18b7585d636926cc55f9dc.jpg

An easy straightforward win against Gabon

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

20201223231754_1.jpg.01b8d4f7d2490881e0d3fb554dbfdb74.jpg

A tight affair against South Africa

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

20201224221118_1.jpg.0109293d45f2d5708dde9ff5652b8694.jpg

This game was too close to call, they were the tournaments top scorers and their main forward was on fire ending up the top goal scorer. It was a tense affair. We were 0-2 down after 48 mins, but after a few choice words and a taactical switch we managed to level the score at 2-2 in the 78th minute to take the game to extra time where we scored a couple of goals after they tired and we were into the final

Final / 3rd-4th Playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

20201224221126_1.jpg.f921a70238a31f79c811bd00200719ba.jpg

As it often happens I have seen for a few of you in previous posts, the Semi Final is often harder than the final. We were in control most of the game. We had done it and I could leave Africa for good and never look back

Player of the Tournament

Spoiler

20201224151824_1.jpg.662f2ad31c9f934a3fd47b7ed192f9e8.jpg

My player of the tournament was in no doubt, our main man, our star player. He scored 5 goals, had 6 assists and our top rated player. He was a real menace cutting in from that right wing.

Whats next?

Spoiler

I resigned the day after the final. A few months later I have been appointed the manager of Newell's Old Boys in Argentina. They are looking for a top 6 finish. We are probably some way behind the big boys Boca, River Plate and Independiente, but they have a decent squad with some very good looking young players. With a few additions and the right tactical setup could we shock the big boys? Plus we were in the Copa Libatadores group stage when I took over so fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

Season   Team   		Position  	Key Player		Notes and Achievements
21/22	 Supersport United	1st		Rodney Ramagalela	Won Telekom Knockout Cup
22/23	 Supersport United	1st		Oswin Appollis		Won CAF Champions league, MTN 8 Cup, Knockout Cup
2023	 Guangzhou Evergrande	2nd		Elkeson			Won Chinese FA Cup
2024	 Guangzhou Evergrande	1st		Anton Miranchuk		Won Chinese FA Cup, Won Asian Champions League
2026/27	 C.F. Monterrey		3rd		Duvan Vergara		Won Copa MX
2027/28	 C.F. Monterrey		6th		n/a			n/a

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa, China)

3/10 domestic cups (South Africa, China, Mexico)

2/5 club continental championships (CAF Champions League, Asian Champions League)

0/1 club world championship

International

2026 	Nigeria		ACON		Knocked out in QF pens		Sacked
2029	Ivory Coast	ACON		Win				Resigned

1/5 continental tournaments (ACON - Ivory Coast 2029)

0/1 world tournaments ()

Edited by MShing

It was third interview lucky for Jack Bauer, as South African First Division side Royal AM offered him the job as manager. They have fairly lofty ambitions, so could be interesting. I start in SA Division One in 7th place after 12 games. The board expect play-offs!

Hired.png.3e026806e1b68e2f59194e45c3e0297f.png

54 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

good luck Jack Bauer!

Yes, good luck, but if you manage to do the challenge in 24 hours, I will be a touch pissed off.

There has been talk recently of how fining players for poor performance does wonders for their determination and work rate, so i look forward to seeing what happens after torture.

Edited by vikeologist

Season 2035/36

Kaizer Chiefs - South Africa

1200px-Kaizer_Chiefs_logo_svg.thumb.png.2232c20e8662dae421102d3bd4deefa7.png

So close to another perfect season! I joined Kaizer Chiefs halfway through their season; they were off the pace in the league but still in the cup and champions league so offered  a tempting chance to knock off some more challenges quickly.

League

The league performance was what cost my predecessor his job. The Chiefs sat in 8th when i joined, but not that many points behind. Trouble is, I joined in March so there weren't many matches left to catch up. We started well, and put together a nice little 4 match winning run to send us up to 4th. Fixture congestion meant we then had to play a reserve team which lost to the team in 16th but another 4 game winning run kept us in the hunt. With two games left the table looked like this:-

36twogamesleft.JPG.d6c731aa60d2dc91ec8e2385691c90b0.JPG

We had Sundowns on the last day of the season. All we had to do was beat them and hope that Cape Town lost one of their last two. We all won the penultimate game so it went down to the final day. Cape Town lost, so all we had to do was win at Sundowns! We didn't, we were poor lost 1-0, handing them the title and meaning we finished third.

36leaguefinish.JPG.0b1a384e217ed410843e4f0b14ed0988.JPG

Cup

We managed to get our revenge in the cup though, knocking Sundowns out in the semi-final 3-0, setting up a final with Capre Town City. We were magnificent, coming out 6-2 winners and lifting the cup

Champions League

This one was the dream though. If I could win it, I'd win two Champions Leagues in the space of 6 months. I went straight into a quarter final clash against Setif of Algeria, which we won comfortably. The semi-final was a bit trickier, matching us with fellow South Africans Cape Town Spurs. We dominated the first leg, with something like 36 shots to 0 but only came away with a 2-0 win. The second leg saw them score twice, but us score four to go through. 

the final was against Vita of Kinshasa. On paper, we were heavy favourites and so it proved, with us costing to an easy 3-0 victory. Another champions league in the bag!

36kaizerchampionsleaguewinners.JPG.e5c632cf82ff36759e470db449484edb.JPG36wewonchampionsleague.JPG.ea9be92e58808b65c5a6208bc114508e.JPG

36competitions.JPG.dc38fdaef341dc2b1ddb68dd5bb0bbfe.JPG

What next?

Not sure. I might stay around a year and try and win the league, i guess it depends what other jobs come up. I might be getting a reputation for jumping ship though. I really need an international job too - 2 years since winning the World Cup with Brazil and not a sniff of another international job. The Euros are round the corner so there should be some jobs available, but it's the Euros I need to add to the collection!

I still need to go to Brazil, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy and England so there's lots still to do.

Career Progression

36career.JPG.68299c20b4a958df9d1e3cc9f59ae127.JPG

Challenge Progress

36challengeprogress.JPG.a1e8d16dea52e5419216cc8c511120b6.JPG

On 24/12/2020 at 19:10, libbyshuss said:

good luck with anderlecht, looks like you're alread doing better with them than i did!

Cheers mate. I'm really enjoying it at the moment. Such a young team with so much potential, really fun team.

Congrats with the Kazier Chiefs. That's the job I really want, they are underperforming quite a bit in the league. I'm checking their results and the job security every time I press continue haha.

2 hours ago, Gregg88 said:

Good Afternoon All!

Finally got round to buying FM21 and now kicking off this challenge.

Had an interview with Wigan straight away, is that the norm? Didn't get the job anyway (Obviously).

27856623_FMProfilecapture.thumb.PNG.a0219491f906dc1899d0bf410fc099ad.PNG

I've been given an interview with Wigan in every save I've started unemployed. Never once actually got the job though.