• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

206569378_FCUnited.png.4de37b88e43e4ebc42c0fd61c25e9e75.png

FC United - Season 2022-2023 - Vanarama National League North

Predicted: 17th

Final position: 1th and Champions

We had an incredible season. We were prety much the complete season in 1th position, and almost never threatened. We became champions with 2 games to go. We finished the season with an incredible 104 points. I'm sure this is 1 of the first time the I reached the 100 points mark. Our incredible ST Kingsley Chukwu (YP1a) from last years intake was crowed as best player of the league. He improved a lot this season and is too good for this level. He's already rated as a good League 1 player.

Games 1

Games 2

Games 3

FA Cup: Reached the 4th qualifying round

FA Throphy: We failed in our first round, but didn't care about this cup

Youth intake: The preview was very promising, and the actual intake got us a lot of players with potential, but no stand-out player. All the players with a tag got a contract.

Kieran Mellor (YP2a): DC

Ben Kirbey (YP2b): MC/AMC/AMR

Shawn Kemp (YP2c): AML/AMR/ST

Chris Ferguson (YP2d): DL, went straight into the starting 11 as this was one of our weaker positions.

Transfers: None

Finances: Very good. I asked the increase ur youth level to level 3, and the board agreed. To reach level 3 we needed to upgrade our youth facilities and this upgarde will start next season. If everything goes by plan, we should reach level 3 by the end of next year.

Goal for next season is just staying up, everything else is a bonus.

South Shields Record Sale

It was hard to let Adam Parkes 26A go but West Brom met my prices and I got that 50% next sale clause in there too.

1340397805_AdamParkes26A.thumb.png.0141b56d246aa2c2b4863f13a2beff82.png

1108672607_AdamParkes26ATransfer.png.45c84a2ab41ebec7b693029449a8b575.png

11 goals and 11 assists in 72 league matches from his right wing position.  Pedro Silva 27D and Aldrich Benetke 26D are two candidates to fill Parkes shoe on the right wing.

152131881_PedroSilva27D.thumb.png.3df0a902af28ab587db91169eb4fd2c2.png

1286401674_AldrichBenteke26D.thumb.png.d91a885e12f3ff94813e09814c8f1116.png

Does anyone here use a skin with instant result? 

I kind of want to just go through seasons more quickly because I don't think we're in danger of being relegated now, but we need some of our youth players to improve/be sold for lots of money before we're going to be able to push for promotion, and potentially some more good players coming through, which all takes time. 

But I don't want to do it if it messes up the save (or if its against the rules of this challenge). Anybody have any experience using instant result? 

13 minutes ago, SoSolidSnake said:

Does anyone here use a skin with instant result? 

I kind of want to just go through seasons more quickly because I don't think we're in danger of being relegated now, but we need some of our youth players to improve/be sold for lots of money before we're going to be able to push for promotion, and potentially some more good players coming through, which all takes time. 

But I don't want to do it if it messes up the save (or if its against the rules of this challenge). Anybody have any experience using instant result? 

PM'ed you with some info.

Aachen 2023/24 

BIG NEWS!

image.png.d41a06b24e68172df3a575c84f191768.png

The board are finally letting me take my first coaching badge after 3 years in the job :lol:

League table

We managed to make it to 10th place, so basically no change from last year.

image.thumb.png.0df591a32aa73a4e4adb01d70868b021.png

1 point less than the first season, so technically that was still our best! Losing Srdic really hit us I think. This was our season post his transfer.

We tried Thomas Ahrenhofer as his replacement: but he's just not as good. Srdic did make 7 appearances and scored 1 goal for Werder Bremen after they bought him in January, so he actually managed to play in the Bundesliga, but they did come in last place and have been relegated so maybe that had something to do with it.

The other surprise who started to force himself into the first team is Brian Schmidt. After a couple of injuries on the wing, I thought I'd give him a go as he'd been improving lately, and I don't know if it was his blistering pace or what, but 8 minutes into his first game he scored! He then put away another after half an hour and we won the game 4-2. 

Transfers

No one in, but one big player out (I promise I'll stop talking about him soon). Finances are still pretty bad.

Conclusion

We'll keep plugging away, perhaps we'll make it to the 2. Bundesliga one day! We need to come into some money somehow, and soon I think. I might give the instant result a try and see how it goes, just to be a bit more speedy.

I know I'm prolly the turtle of the bunch, still in my 1st season in my 1st try in the Youth Academy Challenge, but that's what you get when your desktop is 6 years old (i5 4670K OC'ed at 4,3Ghz). I also play every senior game, but only in key highlights. I've told about the youth intake player of last season Kian Smith and how teams are lining up for him. I have been able to hold to boat off, but after the last game, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold them off:

735430489_JurgenDegryse_Inbox-2.thumb.png.e1d79c8dabd1f01bb9dca87e2aaa61af.png

That makes 15 goals in 13 starts and 4 subs in... 87% Shot on target, 96% pass completion. If only I had 11 players like him :D 

2 minutes ago, SoSolidSnake said:

Aachen 2023/24 

BIG NEWS!

image.png.d41a06b24e68172df3a575c84f191768.png

The board are finally letting me take my first coaching badge after 3 years in the job :lol:

League table

We managed to make it to 10th place, so basically no change from last year.

image.thumb.png.0df591a32aa73a4e4adb01d70868b021.png

1 point less than the first season, so technically that was still our best! Losing Srdic really hit us I think. This was our season post his transfer.

We tried Thomas Ahrenhofer as his replacement: but he's just not as good. Srdic did make 7 appearances and scored 1 goal for Werder Bremen after they bought him in January, so he actually managed to play in the Bundesliga, but they did come in last place and have been relegated so maybe that had something to do with it.

The other surprise who started to force himself into the first team is Brian Schmidt. After a couple of injuries on the wing, I thought I'd give him a go as he'd been improving lately, and I don't know if it was his blistering pace or what, but 8 minutes into his first game he scored! He then put away another after half an hour and we won the game 4-2. 

Transfers

No one in, but one big player out (I promise I'll stop talking about him soon). Finances are still pretty bad.

Conclusion

We'll keep plugging away, perhaps we'll make it to the 2. Bundesliga one day! We need to come into some money somehow, and soon I think. I might give the instant result a try and see how it goes, just to be a bit more speedy.

Nice one. You've done well to survive that long, I'm sure I would have lost the dressing room and have been sacked within a few months.  My team already hate me :)

image.png.0d4bff7c7b335f7e15e2f3c8004a3bee.png

Not sure how much it really helps, but I always put max points into determination to try and force through requests (mainly coaching) asap.

image.png.d2693e44636d69d4dafff70c558b8af7.png

Gainsborough Trinity

3rd season. 16th place Vanorama south - FA cup 3rd qualifying round - FA-trophy 2nd round

Was actually a good season - managed to get 50 points after 36 games - but then starting to lose everything - i realised now there was a patch that might have changed something with my tactic. 

Im tired of watching my full/wingbacks play like **** - so i will try change my tactics to a 352 Keegan style with wingers wide and not wingbacks.

Youth intake was fine and i think the team start to look like a team that can challenge for the play off in the 4th season.

Darlington had a striker that made 49 goals in 46 matches! If that is the bar we have far up :-)

We had to turn down Nottingham Forest interviews, as they lack long term ambitions.

Our coach team start to be very high class - so im quite optimistic for the next season.

20201218223726_1.jpg

20201218223715_1.jpg

20201218140309_1.jpg

20201218140305_1.jpg

20201218135949_1.jpg

20201218132657_1.jpg

20201218132334_1.jpg

20201218114611_1.jpg

20201217161915_1.jpg

20201216083834_1.jpg

20201215124252_1.jpg

20201215110056_1.jpg

1 hour ago, JAwtunes said:

Nice one. You've done well to survive that long, I'm sure I would have lost the dressing room and have been sacked within a few months.  My team already hate me :)

image.png.0d4bff7c7b335f7e15e2f3c8004a3bee.png

Not sure how much it really helps, but I always put max points into determination to try and force through requests (mainly coaching) asap.

image.png.d2693e44636d69d4dafff70c558b8af7.png

Honestly, it's because we don't have any money to do anything... I think at this point, the board agree with me that work needs to be done, but we're so far in the red that no amount of determination would be able to make them do anything 

1 hour ago, XaW said:

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Wikipedia

AFC Rushden & Diamonds Season 2029/30 review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Umm.... we are very good apparently. I expected us to fight for survival this season, but somehow we just....won. I think my tactic somehow got even better after the update, and we flew through the season having great fun. I'm still conceding way too much, but I just can't make defensively sound tactics apparently. The continued improvements are still paying off and we continue to make improvements both on and off the pitch. I got in another million from some clauses after the big sale we had a few seasons ago, and it helped us stay in the black this season. The youth costs have sky rocketed after we turned professional, but I hope that means we will continue to get in better players going forward. The new stadium should be done after next season, so that's also something to look forward to.

The preview of the intake looked very good this season as well, and the intake was good. Ryan Stocks 30c is a very talented striker.

In the FA Cup we beat Hednesford Town, Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday before losing to Barnsley in the 4th round.

In the EFL Cup we beat Forest Green and Coventry before losing to QPR in the 3rd round.

In the EFL Trophy we drew Aldershot Town, Swindon Town and Tottenham u23s in the group stage. We won the group and progressed. Then we beat Bournemouth u23s before losing to Brighton u23s in the 3rd round.

Ph7H1Fc.png

I remember when I did the challenge in England, those years in the lower leagues can be such great development and let you climb up the divisions quickly

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Umm.... we are very good apparently. I expected us to fight for survival this season, but somehow we just....won. I think my tactic somehow got even better after the update, and we flew through the season having great fun. I'm still conceding way too much, but I just can't make defensively sound tactics apparently. The continued improvements are still paying off and we continue to make improvements both on and off the pitch. I got in another million from some clauses after the big sale we had a few seasons ago, and it helped us stay in the black this season. The youth costs have sky rocketed after we turned professional, but I hope that means we will continue to get in better players going forward. The new stadium should be done after next season, so that's also something to look forward to.

The preview of the intake looked very good this season as well, and the intake was good. Ryan Stocks 30c is a very talented striker.

In the FA Cup we beat Hednesford Town, Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday before losing to Barnsley in the 4th round.

In the EFL Cup we beat Forest Green and Coventry before losing to QPR in the 3rd round.

In the EFL Trophy we drew Aldershot Town, Swindon Town and Tottenham u23s in the group stage. We won the group and progressed. Then we beat Bournemouth u23s before losing to Brighton u23s in the 3rd round.

Ph7H1Fc.png

Very fast promotion, great job XaW !

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Ph7H1Fc.png

Welcome to the League One Club!

image.png.055b344342e49ff82e41d1ac17e43aad.png

SC Freamunde

Season 2 - 2022/2023

Transfers - League Table - Past Positions - Best XI - Youth Intake - Finances

Season Summary - 7th

Strange, strange season. We once again took 8 games to get our first victory (although losing more and drawing less). While our attack was potent, our defence would let anything through. When we reached the end of year break, we had gotten six points from ten games and looked like we would have a very legthy relegation battle. 

But with a new year came an apparently new team. Four wins on the bounce to start the year took us out of the relegation picture, and while some poor form afterwards (4 points in 6 games) threatend to drop us lower, we finishing the season with two wins to better last season's point totals and position. Progress!

In the cup, we made it all the way to the Third round, beating a team from the Third Division before losing in extra-time to a team from the 2nd. Frustatingly, this all happened during our winless start to the season, but shows me the team could compete. 

Off the Field

Got the Youth Recruitment improved at the very end of the season which is great, in hand with a three year contract for myself. The board want me to win the division next season (gulp) and the club is hemorraghing money despite our low wage bill. Hoping it gets adjusted when the new season begins because while the team improved we are waaay too inconsistent to think we could challenge for promotion. 

Sadly, one of my youth players (Joao Amorim - YP1c) is leaving us on a free after being a starter all season. In Janaury I realized his contract was expiring but before he accepted a top division side came in and made him an offer I could not match. It's a shame cause he was developing very nicely and gave me no money. 

Prospects worth Noting

Bruno Prates - YP0b - Only played twice all season, but with Amorim's departure may get another change to impress next season.  

Nuno Casaca - YP0d - Starting right back in all but one game this season, whcih allowed him to develop quite well. Terrible ratings but did make 3 assists. 

Gustavo Teles - YP0f -  Developed quietly before coming into the team at the end of the season with 2 starts and 3 substitutions. Likely to get more minutes at CD or DM next season. 

Belarmino Costa - YP1a key player all season wether in center-back or defensive midfield. Led to a few firsts, getting called up by Angola U-20 and becoming the first youth player to score a goal. Will remain key going forward. 

Joao Amorim - YP1c - Became a key player from the beggining of the season at left-back, even making 4 assists. Will be missed next season. 

Francisco Landim - YP1f - The eternal substitute, coming off the bench 18 times before finally getting his first start at the end of the season. His 3 assists are something to build on. 

Nelson Custodio - YP1g - Made his debut in the last match of the season and will compete with Prates for the left-back spot. 

Youth Intake

Another good intake, although the lack of a 4 star player makes it slightly worse than last years. One player already made their debut (and scored!), while there are a few others who will likely get their debuts next season. 

Fabio Teixeira - YP2a - Best prospect from the intake with very good pace, came off the bench three times and scored our last goal of the season, a 95th minute winner. With our starting right-winger out for 7 months, Teixeira is likely to find himself with lots of game-time. 

Luis Cristo - YP2c - A no-nonsense centerback with great height and jumping reach, I look forward to seeing how he develops technically. Ability to play as full back is also incredibly useful. 

Jose Vasconcelos - YP2b - Clearly a work-horse type midfielder, will find minutes hard in the short-term due to my wide availability of midfielders. 

Paulo Salgado - YP2e - A right back who could put Casaca under some pressure, I look forward to giving him a game or two as the season develops. 

Vikeologist's 7th Folkestone Intake Report

See the source image

20201219194554_1.thumb.jpg.c6d2423c745a64b0ed5277dbcd15901c.jpg

Not the dog’s dinner of a year ago, but disappointing, largely because of the distribution of positions, or lack thereof. The preview

20201218084004_1.thumb.jpg.a97892cd9447c5b29f95703e72356b13.jpgpromised that one of our centre backs looked promising. I need a centre back, but the only thing the 2 of them in this intake are promising is that they won’t be allowed on fairground rides because they’re too short.

3 of the top 4 prospects are strikers, so I’m going to retrain one of them as a central defender.

20201220074516_1.thumb.jpg.a4b50979c5d215b79913125ec384b63e.jpg

Max Bodkin 7a – A short striker. Not a serious contender for a starting spot, but the intake occurs so late in the season that I might be able to give him a couple of matches to see if he has a preternatural eye for goal.

20201220074827_1.thumb.jpg.87d6baf0d483790174cac3d21d06f8c4.jpg

Joslen Anslem 7b – Too short to be a defender, so I’ll use him in midfield, but I’d say half of our top prospects over these 7 intakes have been central midfielders, some of whom I’ve had to retrain in other positions just to be able to use them.

According to my spreadsheet he’s my 30th best central midfielder, so again, not an instant first team player.

20201220075500_1.thumb.jpg.3fb180dc4e8daf6c567a7aaed4220f94.jpg

Tony Haslam 7c – So this is the striker that I’m going to retrain as a central defender. It’s not completely crazy. I’ve gamed it based on his attributes, but it’s not certain to work out either. I think he’s always going to be too slow. However, he has a Resolute personality, and maybe in time I can speed him up enough.

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

Cwmfelin Press

TPAdWIx.png

League Table - The league was very tight all season and we scraped home with the title on the last day on goal difference.

League Fixtures - After last year, this was much better.

Pre Season Friendlies - A tough set of results, though we did win a couple of games.

Squad - Good enough but as players, they are not very good.  But then the Welsh lower tiers are not great, either.

Squad Dynamics - Considering most of the squad were from the last intake, this is as expected.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - As expected, the intake was full of five star players.  Marc Taylor YP22A1 is regarded as the best of the group.

Finances - We are in the red, so I doubt if I will get any upgrades for a while.

Key Players

Marc Taylor YP22A1 - The striker marked his debut by scoring a hat trick.  Clearly too good for us.

Kenny O'Leary YP22D4 - English winger who will form a potent partnership with Taylor, I hope.

Jonathan Sullivan YP22M13 - Centre back who has played above his level in the few games he has had.

Paul Nelson YP22G7 - Englishman who is our best central midfielder.

Alex Price YP22B2 - Goalkeeper who will take over first team duties full time next season.

Next Season

The aim will be a top half finish in the fifth tier.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation           Qualifications        Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)    None                    1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.25*) =  None =                  4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Basic                 Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Basic =               Fairly basic ↑   Basic ↑            Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      14         8        1        5          27              18                  +9

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          14         8        1        5          27              18                  +9              324 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Swansea Senior League Division Two

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Swansea Senior League Division Two (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     JD Welsh Cup                    Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Swansea Senior League Division Two    1st           N/a                         Promoted as champions.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Marc Taylor YP22A1                        3

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Marc Taylor YP22A1                     4

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Marc Taylor YP22A1                      2

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Alex Price YP22B2                          1

Vikeologist's 3rd Folkestone Intake Review

After 4 years to prove themselves, let’s see how they’re getting on.  There's only 3 of them left. 

328455375_yp3review.thumb.jpg.0e858a4e1fd6b12489aabdbb1880e4d7.jpg

Willie Martin 3a – A central midfielder I’m now using as a right winger, due to having about too many of the former and none of the latter.

My 1a, 1b, 2a, 3a and 3b were all naturally central midfielders. I did try a narrow formation using 3 central midfielders a couple of seasons ago. It didn’t really work very well.

It’s this season that he became a starter. He’s pretty dreadful as a right winger because he’s so slow.

Maybe it’s an average speed. He’s so tiny that his pace probably goes between 19 and minus 14 depending on the direction of the wind, but despite relentless speed training it averages out at 5, down 1 in the last year. He’d just be better as a central midfielder.

Ben Whitham 3b – Yet another central midfielder of course. Again, I’m retraining him as a winger, on the left side. Again, he’s better as a central midfielder. Occasionally plays.

Andy King 3c – Was a central defender, but I don’t remember anything about him. Was released on a free transfer and has retired. He had a low determination personality. Maybe things would have been different had I known about discipline.

Joe Dudley 3d A right back who has a Resolute personality, and occasionally comes on as a sub.

Everyone else has gone and retired.

So, it was a fairly bad intake. Yes, some of the players get matches, but only because I have no proper wingers.

For context, according to my spreadsheet, my best natural winger, Dylan Wilkinson 4b, is the 16th best player in that position. Here is his profile.

20201220090429_1.thumb.jpg.db945c3ef00e191fb4934d631b2c41b0.jpg

I guess I could play him for the rest of the season and see if anything happens. He was the 2nd most promising player of that intake supposedly. His determination is still low, because he doesn’t play, even for the youth team.

Remember, I have no wingers, and not even many players in the youth team. Even my youth manager looks around him for who could possibly start on the left wing, glances at Dylan and thinks, sod that.

Edited by vikeologist

9 hours ago, TheGreatTraveler said:

I remember when I did the challenge in England, those years in the lower leagues can be such great development and let you climb up the divisions quickly

Yeah, I'm reaping the benefits of those years in the VNN now. Much more "mature" squad, if you consider early 20s at mature that is.

9 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Very fast promotion, great job XaW !

Thanks! Yeah it went surprisingly well this season.

9 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Welcome to the League One Club!

Thanks! Now to stay here for a while and then push onwards!

Had to sell another of my best players, since his contract is up at the end of the season. So I did as last time and set his transfer date to the end of the season. Sad to lose him, but it was the best I could get.

OEGig01.png

0F5cBmW.png

Question: there are 2  Premier League and 18 Championship clubs interested in my biggest talent. But York (VNL) is the only club making an offer. Just 1k but end of season transfer & 50% sell on. But wouldn't it be financially more interesting to sell him to a championship club or low premier league club and let him develop there and get a much bigger sell on amount? I mean if York can keep him for example 2 years and then sell him for 50k to a League One or Two club, that's worse than a Championship Club selling him in 4 years to a Premier League club for millions?

1525873109_AyoubFantozzi220226.png.4f4b12b520cc53802a700996c0759d01.png

Okay, so my best player has just over a year left on his contract, he's willing to negotiate but wants me to put a minimum release clause in his contract and I can't get rid of it. It's at max going to be £325K. I wanted to make it £3M, so that's already an issue. I think I'm going to need to sell Fantozzi next season despite my desire not to do so. How annoying.

Rimini-1912.jpg.cd3602b05725c153d39a79eb1f630b5d.jpgLogo_Rimini_1912_(2015-...)_300px.png.7f98b608f5cd6b8343b2ab112e041a99.png20201220104821_1.thumb.jpg.6b528e897c2b73d0da9bf4ef87a86e77.jpg

Season 2023 / 2024

Have really been struggling this season after taking a gamble bringing in more youngsters to the senior squad.

But stayed out of relegation playoff and I have now the option to keep the same squad into next season witch should give me a better season.

Youth intake was absolutly brilliant with 6 players with 4.5 -5 star potential. Most of them 15 year olds this time, so future looking very bright.

GL ALL !!! :) 

20201220103116_1.thumb.jpg.11299ef45c540586d9e7038c4068c60b.jpg20201220103122_1.thumb.jpg.4672830879ee7427fbf0c8295547b1a1.jpg

20201220103128_1.thumb.jpg.9b338e32247dceb4e83aaa75332a3948.jpg20201220103133_1.thumb.jpg.9661aa040a435b82781710128722834f.jpg

3 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Question: there are 2  Premier League and 18 Championship clubs interested in my biggest talent. But York (VNL) is the only club making an offer. Just 1k but end of season transfer & 50% sell on. But wouldn't it be financially more interesting to sell him to a championship club or low premier league club and let him develop there and get a much bigger sell on amount? I mean if York can keep him for example 2 years and then sell him for 50k to a League One or Two club, that's worse than a Championship Club selling him in 4 years to a Premier League club for millions?

Absolutly I would wait. I always try to keep them as long as possible anyway. 50% sell on is always a gamble and no guarantee for cash in the future

Another question: I am apparently unable to change the transfer listing of this player:

166442571_TomStead_TransferStatus.thumb.png.18491928d53c014f3bb453b833711c14.png

As well as changing the asking price of my price beast (I did get an inbox message stating it should be changed and clicking the v did change it but I can nowhere change it myself?):

553494771_KianSmith_TransferStatus.thumb.png.9d5e64e0968e3881ae522b9a940ce5c7.png

Is this normal? Am I missing something? Or missed some announcement?

2 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Another question: I am apparently unable to change the transfer listing of this player:

166442571_TomStead_TransferStatus.thumb.png.18491928d53c014f3bb453b833711c14.png

As well as changing the asking price of my price beast (I did get an inbox message stating it should be changed and clicking the v did change it but I can nowhere change it myself?):

553494771_KianSmith_TransferStatus.thumb.png.9d5e64e0968e3881ae522b9a940ce5c7.png

Is this normal? Am I missing something? Or missed some announcement?

Yeah, somehow non-contract players are impossible to take of the transfer list. I'm certain it has been reported before, but I can't find the thread now.

1 minute ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Ok , good to know. What about setting the asking price? He's on a youth contract btw.

I think you can only do it with part time or full time contracts.

Dear friends, I couldn't hold myself back anymore. Last year I got so addicted to this challenge that I need to start with it also on FM21. Same as last year, I will play on the Touch version of the game as I think you get a higher number of the youth players on FMT21 than on FMT20. I hope that it will be a bit easier to get better players in this version, and consequently, I will have a better chance to come at least close to completing the challenge.

After checking all of your updates, I didn't see too many France saves so I decided to start my journey in France.
I picked the football club that has played already in the Ligue 1 not so many years ago - CS Sedan Ardennes. 

svVLiM7.png

Spoiler

Manager profile:

gZTyqM7.png

Edited by uroszila

1 hour ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

You're assuming he will develop stuck in the reserves at a big club.

Small sample size, but I've never found that to be the case. They always just left on a free transfer at the end of their contract with the big boys. Obviously though, others have had more luck in this regard, and probably the likeliest way to see some money come in is to sell to the biggest clubs possible with the biggest sell on amount.

The sample size at my current club (Folkestone) is of course zero. Not only have I never 'lost' a regen, but no club with a bigger reputation than ours have ever been interested. I spent the first few seasons tying my best players to contracts before facing up to the fact that 'best' in this context is a very relative term.

There's no danger of them being pinched or refusing to sign a new contract, or even attracting even the slightest interest in the transfer market. In fact it's a major achievement just to be able to offload a player.

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

oh no, I know the feeling so well

Keep at it

We're just in that really awkward period where we've lost a couple of our best players as we couldn't match their demands, a few have retired and the rest are just a bit old. Our main squad is now around 30 years of age but the young players are 17/18 - there's a big gap of players in their early 20s and as a result the older players are fading and the youngsters are making mistakes and playing in a poor side is harming their development. Not a fun time :( 

1543.png.0ee2c4bf9dcf9070f7369f47333567b8.png

Season 2022/23 - League 1

https://i.gyazo.com/a7fc3a0f3ee8041dac82a315caa97226.png

https://i.gyazo.com/d57b6ce663de67f799debc0e3a8aad9d.png

Pretty happy with the league position.

I hope we can be between 4th and 7th place next year too.

https://i.gyazo.com/e5a77b1b7324001f0358c5c4cd9cbe86.png

https://i.gyazo.com/76a712ca1cf2789484116a5c85256036.png

https://i.gyazo.com/ca1cdd1054226b2cd2108bb892de1ec1.png

Nothings special to see in tems of rengens.

https://i.gyazo.com/9daee4506849b7cfe75392db0aa64814.png

https://i.gyazo.com/565ddfd2eb9d23271546f1eb1f2d6039.png

Im enjoying this slow grind.

WIth Virton I had basicly everything.

Edited by Cheez3y

5 minutes ago, SoSolidSnake said:

First time I've ever had this (skipped FM20), can someone explain what it means, and if it's good/bad?

image.png.eb0beb57e216edd609ac35f04afb7fbc.png

In general this would mean that it looked like a promising youngster that was going to make to the youth intake but instead was "poached" by another club and he'll be joining their youth intake instead. You do get 5% though for all transfer fees ever made. 

Edit: If he was an excellent player, that's bad news. If he sucks really bad, it's neither bad/good since he won't be making you any money too. 

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

1028767513_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.b37f5383453f9453d654b16be40b8ef3.png

Well then, this feels like a promising youth intake. The fact that I have five players that have the current ability of 1.5 stars and seven players who have the potential of at least four stars going up to five stars is really promising.

7 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

In general this would mean that it looked like a promising youngster that was going to make to the youth intake but instead was "poached" by another club and he'll be joining their youth intake instead. You do get 5% though for all transfer fees ever made. 

Idd ! but not 100% sure they'll pop up their. U have to check the clauses - transfers page regulary to see if the clause is actived because the player that was poaches, reached the intake.

Finally reached my first youth intake preview... and it's looking quite underwhelming:

699534137_JurgenDegryse_Inbox-3.png.741ab4c77b450a1aeb61999d37308f6f.png

Positive points: we don't use wing-backs. Also no central AM so I hope the Welsh AM is a winger-type of player. 

I do need new centre-backs and full backs though, so in that sense, this intake *might* not be helping. We'll have to wait & see. In meantime, the league table is tight as hell:

698128133_FCUnitedofManchester_Competitions.png.089b65b6649f308a0f9286a935341bf5.png

54 minutes ago, Raffen said:

After stalking this thread, and trying the challenge silently on my own every year, I'm going to make a post here, just to add some extra pressure on myself. I have tried and given up on a youth challenge with Buckie Thistle (FM 17), San Marino (FM 18) and Merthyr (FM19). Last year I didn't bother. 

I have, against my own better judgement chosen England again, and giving Merthyr another go, even if I didn't finish better than 16th in Vanarama North ever in my last attempt. So, meet the new manager of Merthyr Town, Rhys Llewellyn:

c4afed5520c6afba9bd0bd5f1dbf2e6a.jpg

Not sure if there is too much hope for this challenge lasting the distance with this pre-season prediction:

97e50c4ab21457d79bf3961679a04d20.jpg

The squad is also light in every area. Luckily there was some youth players coming through during the simulation, otherwise there would be loads of grey players:

029349739827436cecd5b47d2f4bff4f.jpg

That, btw, is every player on the roster. No players in the youth squads at all. I only see limited choices regarding tactics as well. Going for a counter attacking 4-2-4, but think it's risky. Not sure there is much choice though. Cummings might be my best weapon, being 2 meters tall with 17 jumping reach. Have to try to set up some good set-piece routines. Not too blessed with pace either, but might have enough on the wings to sneak a few goals through counters.

Gonna try yearly updates, but if I disappear from the forum without more updates, I gave up in shame :D

Best of luck! England is a slog but can be a very rewarding one. 

South Shields 2029 Youth Intake

1346702342_2029YouthIntakeDescription.png.8fe4cb3ba40757c05b57c765ff07975a.png

685151390_2029YouthIntake.png.b3ee18ba01e61770c90ae2cd3cc66f92.png

1184179611_2029YouthIntakeDNA.thumb.png.c0e0250994a49f9acb3c89806236e068.png

Same story as the past couple intakes....good players attribute wise but SO. MANY. BAD. PERSONALITIES.  Patrick Green came in as "slack" but has since "moved up" to "casual" which means his professionalism moved up from 1 to somewhere between 2-4.  He's got potential to be a starting forward if he wants it.  Does he want it?  Below him, there are three players in the next four with unambitious personalities.  Again, more players who need a kick in the ass to get what they want out of the game.  The group of players that I'm keeping my eye on are in the middle of the group: Gabriel Kanwei, Diego Vallejo, Russ Cubbon and Trevor Ashman.  They have the potential to be solid backups.

833476307_NewHoYD.thumb.png.570887acb397fa268dda780cee5754dc.png

This is my HoYD.  I'm not quite sure how the personalities in the intake were so bad.  Just bad luck?

1396865249_PatrickGreen29A.thumb.png.e2481a104afdb8812dba6cd2e1e9726b.png

Patrick Green 29A has some good attributes to be a center forward going forward.  Not the fastest but looks like he has some good instincts and can get away from his marker.  He won't be called up right away but definitely one to watch and develop.

1601730015_AdamSemrau29B.thumb.png.9b28b6d931a6461895e95aa9a2e536c3.png

Adam Semrau 29B comes into a very crowded right wing position.  That's why I'm retraining him to move inside as an attacking midfielder.  He's not the fastest player but puts in the work and has potential to be an above average passer for the level.

2081388565_PeterDuffield29D.thumb.png.dd1d1a2646f032230f4170f9fabe8750.png

Peter Duffield 29C is a LEFT winger.  I was starting to think that my HOYD didn't know what position that was on the field.  He is a true winger.  Acceleration...pace...ability to cross a ball.  Not the tallest (the HOYD doesn't like tall players either).  A good player to spend a year or two in the U18s before seeing what he can do with the big boys should he develop.

369505829_PeterShearer29D.thumb.png.1746331aba1028807514a86d2ec66c67.png

Peter Shearer 29D is the only "good personality" in the top 5 and he checks in at balanced.  So, of course then, he is a player without a position.  He can play on both wings but doesn't want to put in the work to press in the midfield.  But he's fast so he could be a super sub and run past tired defenders.

631001383_AdamHewitt29E.thumb.png.7f4c5e87a23fc91873955c45a083c143.png

Adam Hewitt 29E is an attacking midfielder.  He's not fast.  He's not smart on the ball.  He doesn't see the field very well.  But he works hard and that can go a long way with me as I like to press high when possible.  This low block to frustrate the opposition I've been playing this season is killing me.  I want to press and high.  Hopefully, the work that Hewitt puts in can translate onto the field.

51 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Edit: If he was an excellent player, that's bad news. If he sucks really bad, it's neither bad/good since he won't be making you any money too. 

43 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Idd ! but not 100% sure they'll pop up their. U have to check the clauses - transfers page regulary to see if the clause is actived because the player that was poaches, reached the intake.

Thanks both! Sounds like a win win, either he's bad and not much changes, or he's good and I'll get some money (although not much)