The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

Now, I write this 99% sure this is just delaying the inevitable, but.......

This is what elevates one of your current favorite players into legend status for me :)

After a lot of back and forth, with them and 3 other MLS teams not backing off this happened

05A.PNG.3778e6f8303755116a8a9bdfe7d8cd28.PNG

But then this happened....

rejects.PNG.7e10060a4fdc1020fba113732e26f505.PNG

He must really like wherever he is staying near Monmouth on his 10 pounds a week (plus whatever he gets from his other job!)

He has 2 years left and will not consider a new deal as we cannot match his ambitions.  Makes his rejection more surprising, but he is worth more to us that 21,000 anyway so not unhappy here!

There might be other factors currently involved (withheld for season spoiler reasons :D ) but Cincinnati have started the bidding cycle again already.... :( 

Edited by Braumiller

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Germany this time, with Rot-Weiss Essen.

Club Introduction

Rot-Weiss Essen

EoBSvhR.png

The Manager

This is me.

MguTTe2.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Average              Average           Top                   Average          Adequate           National   (2.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     DFB-Pokal                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

3 hours ago, Mr_Demus said:

Did you have to holiday for more than one season? 

No, just one season. Holiday until 29th of June 2020, save and then holiday to 30th June to get different teams.

The danish second division is reorganised and split into a smaller second division and a similar sized third division (12 teams). As far as I can tell the four teams not relegated to the third division have actually been promoted from the Danmarksserie.

3 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Its a struggle and pretty demotivating.

Those season certainly can be, I know my first couple in the Welsh Premier were, but with those facilities you will be turning a corner in a couple of seasons :thup:

So yeah.....

image.png.87ade39735d8bfd9876f7ab30e83b1f8.png

Can't argue too much about this in the big picture.  Sure, the money is not going alter anything for us, but it makes sense.  The kid gets a huge wage increase and loyalty bonus and we have the hope something magical happens there and English clubs take notice and want to buy an English kid capped at u20.

The other nice thing is that the deal cannot go through until February (presumably MLS transfer window related), so we have him for a good chunk of this season still.

There was the late chance of worst case scenario.  After Cinci had had their offer accepted, TNS came in with a flat 35k offer (no sell on) and the chairman accepted that as well.  Thankfully Chris chose the MLS $$$ over TNS and having to play against him :lol:

How he started - intake screenshot

How he is right now;

image.thumb.png.5a09df9e34e340b7a2f6460d327ad933.png

Edited by Braumiller

14 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

So yeah.....

image.png.87ade39735d8bfd9876f7ab30e83b1f8.png

Can't argue too much about this in the big picture.  Sure, the money is not going alter anything for us, but it makes sense.  The kid gets a huge wage increase and loyalty bonus and we have the hope something magical happens there and English clubs take notice and want to buy an English kid capped at u20.

The other nice thing is that the deal cannot go through until February (presumably MLS transfer window related), so we have him for a good chunk of this season still.

There was the late chance of worst case scenario.  After Cinci had had their offer accepted, TNS came in with a flat 35k offer (no sell on) and the chairman accepted that as well.  Thankfully Chris chose the MLS $$$ over TNS and having to play against him :lol:

How he started - intake screenshot

How he is right now;

image.thumb.png.5a09df9e34e340b7a2f6460d327ad933.png

Very good development, can u show me the progress / attributes  (overall progress) screen  ?

3 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Very good development, can u show me the progress / attributes  (overall progress) screen  ?

image.thumb.png.4929e89b5dc7e4b516f3c6d5fdc8a101.png

He himself and his personality can take credit for the improvements, not my coaching staff or facilities :D 

Well that was short lived.  I will amend my Norway post when I choose a new team.  I encountered the non contract but transfer listed bug and as a result was about to be short of players.  I have no appetite for a slog with twelve players only.

Any ideas of where in Europe is fun?  I may try somewhere completely new to me.

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

Well that was short lived.  I will amend my Norway post when I choose a new team.  I encountered the non contract but transfer listed bug and as a result was about to be short of players.  I have no appetite for a slog with twelve players only.

Iceland , Wales ? I thought that i was the biggest doubter and changer in this topic :) 

7 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I was very interesting in trying Turkey before I settled on Greece. A high youth rating, large population and big cities (these affect the volume of high potential players in a nation at any time) made it look very appealing, plus 3 tiers to get stuck into.

20 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Thanks guys though I think I am going to go to Portugal.  Belenenses is calling me.  One of only five clubs to win the Portuguese league too.

I started with them, i stopped because the finances were really bad. just check my posts about them, it was my first try on the beta. Youth setup costs were crazy. 

20 minutes ago, XaW said:

Brickfield Rangers FC | Buckley Town Football Club

Season 2029/30 - JD Cymru Premier

guI8qCX.png

Finally we won the domestic title! It all went down to the final day when we beat TNS 5-4 to claim our first ever league title. So we are going into the Champions League qualifiers next season, and I hope that can bring the economy better, and perhaps we can aim for professional status some time in the future. We also won the league cup to claim another trophy. In Europe we did well as we beat Northern Irish side Cliftonville and Osijek of Croatia before we lost to Swedish AIK in the 3rd qualification round.

tEQqR0a.png

Transfers | Youth Preview | Youth Intake

uzQxRCG.png

A decent intake with some good players.

Key players: Bryan Stone 28fLeon Tracey 26aBrad Parry 25o

6UJo8Be.png

Great job ! Leon Tracey is really good ! he developed good with his balanced personality !

4 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Great job ! Leon Tracey is really good ! he developed good with his balanced personality !

Yeah, he has become very good, unfortunately, I can't get him to sign a new contract, so I think I'm going to lose him this summer...

56 minutes ago, XaW said:

Brickfield Rangers FC | Buckley Town Football Club

Season 2029/30 - JD Cymru Premier

guI8qCX.png

Finally we won the domestic title! It all went down to the final day when we beat TNS 5-4 to claim our first ever league title. So we are going into the Champions League qualifiers next season, and I hope that can bring the economy better, and perhaps we can aim for professional status some time in the future. We also won the league cup to claim another trophy. In Europe we did well as we beat Northern Irish side Cliftonville and Osijek of Croatia before we lost to Swedish AIK in the 3rd qualification round.

tEQqR0a.png

Transfers | Youth Preview | Youth Intake

uzQxRCG.png

A decent intake with some good players.

Key players: Bryan Stone 28fLeon Tracey 26aBrad Parry 25o

6UJo8Be.png

Congrats @XaW awesome job!

out of interest, what kind of wages are your players asking for now for those that will resign with you?

6 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

Congrats @XaW awesome job!

out of interest, what kind of wages are your players asking for now for those that will resign with you?

Thanks!

The youngest will accept £5p/w, but the best ones are on a few hundred a week. I had to give my goalkeeper £300p/w in order for him to sign a long term deal.

I've just been looking at my add/remove leagues screen and the number of players in game has now dropped to 16,000. Before the fix designed to make non-playable nations produce regens again (which was meant to be save game compatible) I was at 18,000, so the numbers are clearly still dropping.

Does anyone know if it was definitely compatible? And if so, is anyone else still seeing numbers drop? It feels like eventually the other clubs will really struggle if only Greece, England, Scotland and Germany are producing regens.

2 minutes ago, officiallydeej said:

I've just been looking at my add/remove leagues screen and the number of players in game has now dropped to 16,000. Before the fix designed to make non-playable nations produce regens again (which was meant to be save game compatible) I was at 18,000, so the numbers are clearly still dropping.

Does anyone know if it was definitely compatible? And if so, is anyone else still seeing numbers drop? It feels like eventually the other clubs will really struggle if only Greece, England, Scotland and Germany are producing regens.

They said it was compatible, but I don't know for sure. I currently have 56k players in my game, I'll keep an eye out for that number.

Oh, and just for the sake of it, I took a look at a random Brazilian side (Santos) and they have 9 players in their U20 side. Also took a look at Ajax (I don't have the Dutch league loaded) and they have 8 players in their U19 squad, so it seems to be filling up.

Edited by XaW

b8af55d7aaf004ae990be4cc2bd5fc64.jpg

June - July - August 2021| Season 1

6a87b74ea68b03a45a0017c94f2e7263.png

Very satisfied with the preparation and competition start. I expected to survive easily with this squad but we are doing much better than that. 
I was able to extend the main players' contracts by one year + option and already have a good connection with a lot of players. Thanks to a lot of spectators and season tickets our balance is very good.
478eeb37ae4c4dd283434c86e45ab5b8.png

First Eleven & Tactic

d521d7c5cd7d09cfeaf3d6f2db4bbb38.png

e7d87f15f8ed1ce1d0245c32c679bbf7.png

Staff Modifications

1874add052f9f1cf87f97915ec8d55e1.png

I was able to sign staff with positive personalities for my youth teams (and first team) . I'll hope that this will influence my youth intake in a good way.

This is my Hoyd. I sacked my original one and gave Chadwick a second job (combination with coach). Chadwick has a resolute personalty.

31005189716e08acf30a42f438f5b501.png

Facilities

50e9dd27417b65b6ae70686284fe1e3f.png

c32191ac3d781bdbab6edfe47f816367.png

Edited by OlivierL

41 minutes ago, officiallydeej said:

How many seasons have you played since the fix? It didn't instantly add players. It adds a slightly higher number of players at the next intake(s) for all the different nations. At least that's the idea. 

9 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

How many seasons have you played since the fix? It didn't instantly add players. It adds a slightly higher number of players at the next intake(s) for all the different nations. At least that's the idea. 

I've had 4 intakes since the fix. It's dropped from 18,000 to 16,000 since they released it.

Edit, I should add to that. I know it wasn't going to just add players, it was just to make non-playable countries start to produce them at intakes. I just expected the player count would at least level off after the fix.

Edited by officiallydeej

20887.png?lm=1490304509

Jedinstvo Ub

Season 2019/20

Hope you guys don't mind me posting here since i'm still on FM20.

So this is my second try with my hometown club. First one kinda withered away, work got in the way and i just gave up on the save. Tried my luck in Spain and England, didn't really get into it so i'm back.

Here's my avatar at the start.

fcb3b5c11fd3e8cde8f32b85ad2e4466.png

One transfer went through before i took over. Couldn't cancel it, asked XaW for advice and got his blessing to carry on.

8e659c44bbc929ec44487c744ad67d44.png

094da8d8cec82c7b2b9df487639a4e3d.png

First time turned out to be a charm for us as United Boys got surprise promotion. Graficar couldn't go up (they're kinda like Barcelona B for Crvena zvezda). Most of the promotion favorites had a mare of a season, with the biggest one among them, Macva, ending up getting relegated. Also, this might be first time in history that two sides got two consecutive promotions, as Jagodina and ourselves just got into Prva Liga and already worked our way up to top tier.

Mad year, i tell ya...

b7fca85f3d239c8632d27d3ae03874c5.png

Now, onto intake. Golden generation they're not but we got few nice looking players. Two of them are going straight into first XI, others have some work to do.

70e1894e8e53b0104c8d4b20de5a019e.png

Seven players bagged and tagged. Would've like some fullbacks or a goalie but this will do.

a3a90b5ccc10e5e4bc05af37f774f3ee.png

Our most talented player. First team bound.

b6466d8544766eb0f696d3fb2f0707eb.png

Nice physicals but that's about it. Lacking in some crucial areas.

f777480219bec66033baf3aa43213cd7.png

Natural AMC but will be re-trained to play on the right wing. Current starter is proper rubbish so Stevan will get his time to shine.

911071cf05d7fa1e1fd5df1e5901f306.png

Milos is jack of all trades type of player. We desperately need some depth in the middle so on the bench he goes.

Also, one kid need a mention.

cb02fb3d30a5fad9339e827cc975d197.png

Generated during holiday season, had to be put into first XI due to stupid (but for this challenge great) league rules that say that we need to have at least two u21 players in starting eleven and two more on the bench.

We had none. Pretty old squad, as you'll see below. Darko was put into fire and he developed marvelously.

93aa7cc987d655a5c690965f3b08bcd7.png

2140c63c3b6aef90e058abb1a1ab57e1.png

This squad will struggle in Super Liga. Last time i got promoted, i had better team at my disposal, few really talented kids who helped us overachieve and finish in top 8. Can't see this bunch repeating that.

55b082e29e6a72968db1a302dee8c229.png

But let's not end up on a doom and gloom. I'm really excited for next intake. Board pumped some money into club to bring us back to black and used some of those funds for few upgrades.

Facilities are still **** poor but JC and recruitment network were upped two levels. And we got an exciting new HoYD.

6838ed0e85b7bed83681da55c6eb01a7.png

**** attributes but look at that determination and personality!!!

I'm giggling with excitement. Can't wait to see what he'll produce.

During the summer, got a new assistant.

df30431a9437d11bf6ef19e360d2d469.png

Once again, not the greatest of attributes but strong personality. Rest of them are balanced but it's a work in progress. Aiming to surround these kids with strong personalities and mold them into mental giants :D

We're gonna need that. Things are not looking great at the moment.

aadfec6201ea410750221d1f85578ede.png

Great start but shocking Cup elimination by lowly opposition sent us on downward spiral we're yet to snap out off. Battered Napredak yet they scored all that we missed. Played on equal terms with Cukaricki, even took the lead which we held till HT but as second half rolled in, they overturned us with two quick goals. Next two games, pure misery as we barely got out of our own half. Arranged a friendly to boost morale a bit and hopefully get these boys on the right track.

Edited by Constantine

After thinking about where to start I have decided to keep it local. So started in Spain, but unfortunately there are no teams available from the province i am from. After looking other close teams, the choosen has been...

CLUB ESPORTIU EUROPA - INTRODUCTION

escudo.png.d77d3554d66a05d0b776cd56df6b7986.png

CE Europa is one of the clubs with most history in Catalonia, after being founded in 1907, and that is the main reason why I have choosen them. CE Europa is, with another 9 more teams, one of the founders in 1927 of the Primera Divisió, the first league football championship in Spain, where it played on its first 3 seasons. After that, the club went in severe economical and institutional problems, and it wasn't until the 60s when they had again some golden years, as they played from 1962 to 1968 in the second tier of spanish football. At the present moment, CE Europa is a Semi-Pro team, and after those glory days has been playing mainly between Tercera División and Primera Catalana (4th and 5th tiers of spanish football pyramid).

Speaking about the facilities, CE Europa plays at the Nou Sardenya, a small stadium with 4000 capacity located in the neighbourhood of Gràcia, and belongs to the Barcelona city council. They also have adecuate corporate facilities, basic training and youth facilities, a fairly basic academy coaching and a basic youth recruitment system

Our economy is okay, with 265.000 in the bank at the moment. We have a 25.000€ transfer budget (I won't be touching it, of course) and 319.000€ per year of wage budget, of which we are spending 167k. We are projected to be in the green this year, but one never knows.

We will be competing in the group 2 of the Segunda División B (4th tier after the changes), and our objective will be to avoid relegation. We hope so, but it won't be easy, and even more if we count that there are only 15 players in the team...

And this is me.

Yeah, I know this one isn't my best picture. I wish I could introduce any other staff member to you, but I can't. There's no one more on the club, apart from the chairman. No assistant manager, no coaches, no scouts. I have to start looking for some friends.

So, introductions made, here I go! Off to a very challenging season!

3 hours ago, OlivierL said:

I started with them, i stopped because the finances were really bad. just check my posts about them, it was my first try on the beta. Youth setup costs were crazy. 

Ok, so not Portugal then.  Maybe Iceland as I always like it there and I will hopefully get back into my FC United save.  I am seven seasons in after all.

iF_4-nbZ-92PBJvvvWhP89C9KbLrxp7p9mi_fYvCgR6DDeauEp0onUit1la5h_3bqwB4V4d5mBajyJZetFSUY3xvbPwAyXWPiViiQPDOVtNzArGjLzagNJzkbPMTvVYLQJGaK0ax

Energie Cottbus ~ 3. Liga

7SQHg8LjF_CaOcoHC1cqKVW7sfpsCK3kqaf9MLUZTFzxTZbPav8LTBZvQCxWeQ5xiHJTjM4h8DOEY_7RwujZYmf3KDaeqX6NTAKGRnHZIHJDlENE9kqvUySvRmXCTuhg7x8Zyjdo

IDAdFJLUayRyfKRLM9DxLv0Bu_RSAgRx0LUroRkywww20FH1hybrXJbn7K9FTPpEQAu-Md1V7iMwtm8hrod5aWjt2NpHSn96Iiyu29-SEeQzCd7-qs0Q_ZeEOh6mSY6M6YH8P5bH

7Q_bQxs-WQccCQvPuJEYqGRFCmL8Y_nLr4-0052LtbNbBHwwQ2SqRykif_IlwCHDjO4ArtTB8lTFu9f-6vP6R7JA9x2TfSPfML5I_Bh3Ak6AvPUi8CVS_HhpNri_tCg7iGepZzzn

I’ve decided to go with Energie Cottbus, who have been in the Bundesliga as recently as the 2008/09 season. Cottbus are more notable for their reputation rather than their focus on youth. They still have decent facilities for their level. I start with a decent squad, + 2 transfers that I could not cancel. This season, I would love to reach the top 3, but I don’t think that is realistic. 

logo.png.d803ba45d4185d49907d55a5a1a55e80.png

Competitions - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Youth Intake - Squad - Transfers

Season Review

Much the same as the previous two seasons. Although we were more consistent, consistently mediocre that is! I really can't see us pushing for a playoff place next season and because our finances are in the red all the time I can't see us making any upgrades to our facilities. The board expects us to fight against relegation next season, but I am hoping for a better season than this. I want a top 8 finish and if we can't get that I might have to look in to restarting this challenge with a different team. The only positive I can think of is that we made it to the 3rd round of the Copa del Rey, eventually being knocked out by Barcelona.

Player Rewards

Best XI

Player of the Season

Andoni P22e.  My rock. Has been a bit unlucky with the players he has had to partner with in defence, but has always played well himself.

Top Goalscorer

Charaf. Not much to say, 10 goals is not great to be honest.

Most Assists

Cambil. The creative force in the team. We would be alot worse going forwards if it were not for this guy.

Goal of the Season

GOOOOOAALL!! A good shot from Segura.

Assist of the Season

WHOA! What a volley pass from the young Santiago P24a.

1720049199_s4summary.JPG.780f1b4cde39636bd5c1402ce832c0ec.JPG

South Shields March 1, 2026 Review

2082217382_March12026Table.png.a5a382b35d26c005734385f6ea5bea6a.png213885105_January-February2026Fixtures.png.129aca0f5e33a796b548cd5d7d8353e8.png

The loss of our two starting central midfielder hasn't hurt us yet.  We are still treading water in that 4th-7th place depending on other results.  Still struggling with the two matches in one week.

1828091350_February12026Mentoring.png.26f8bf12e6329345716b122f10bee38d.png1154088279_March12026Mentoring.png.3a0a7c350fb41b59d254363018ec2d7b.png

Not liking the loss of professionalism in some of my younger players.

10 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

South Shields March 1, 2026 Review

2082217382_March12026Table.png.a5a382b35d26c005734385f6ea5bea6a.png213885105_January-February2026Fixtures.png.129aca0f5e33a796b548cd5d7d8353e8.png

The loss of our two starting central midfielder hasn't hurt us yet.  We are still treading water in that 4th-7th place depending on other results.  Still struggling with the two matches in one week.

1828091350_February12026Mentoring.png.26f8bf12e6329345716b122f10bee38d.png1154088279_March12026Mentoring.png.3a0a7c350fb41b59d254363018ec2d7b.png

Not liking the loss of professionalism in some of my younger players.

I think it's when you pair them with balanced personalities. That's where I see professionalism going down. I've been very careful about my mentoring groups because of that.

Am I the only one experiencing, that the opponents are just firing the one 30-meter screamer after the other into the net? It is not uncommon that I am trailing 0-3 after 10 to 15 minutes in a game.

18 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, that's correct. If you want Elverum, then you can save scum them to promotion (since the 4th tier is visible, but not playable).

I thought you had to pick a team promoted up to the 4th division as that one is now playable. 

50 minutes ago, lewis999 said:

I thought you had to pick a team promoted up to the 4th division as that one is now playable. 

It's not playable (at least it wasn't in the Beta), so that's why the 3rd tier is the one you should take over. If the 4th tier is indeed playable in vanilla, then the rules are different!

52 minutes ago, lewis999 said:

I have holidayed for one season and the fourth tier is not playable.  It is visible, but not visible.  I will holiday for another season to make sure.

Friendship with Lok. Leipzig ended, now Rot-Weiss Essen is my new friend.

That's it, my beta save with Lok Leipzig is over and lasted only one season. I managed to keep the job until the end of season but ended dead last. Not enough quality in the squad and on the touchline... So I restarded in Germany with RW Essen this time.

spacer.png

This is the club where a certain Mezut Ozil came trough the youth academy, that is definitely a good news to now that we can produce this kind of player !
The club have a bit of history having won the championship in 1955, before the creation of Bundesliga, and the german cup in 1953 but more recently they are stuck in the 4th tier since 2007. So let's try to write a new chapter !

Manager profile, setup and media prediction.

We have a big and quite young squad, average facilities, youth coaching and adequate recruitment, more than 2,5M€ in the bank at the start and a solid fanbase with about 4200 season ticket holders. Nice !

AS Rodos - 2028/29 Season Review

5573.png.eab558ba046c5ee2d741c60ed3cc38cd.png

1901021871_Screenshot2020-12-05at21_56_08.png.67609c012c312c6444d42b992c7575fb.png 1329918255_Screenshot2020-12-06at12_21_06.png.a6d31efbe6a2a893a339c1a7f8c09b4a.png

A step back on last season but still a very solid outing with no threat of relegation. The squad comparison screen shows us as being the worst in almost every attribute category, so we really are punching well above our weight. I was hopeful last season about being able to break the top half but I think realistically that's still a few seasons away. 

358183668_Screenshot2020-12-06at12_23_15.thumb.png.55e085d36ebcfbede395a56e4574dfcd.png

I rested too many players for the first leg against second tier side Aris and couldn't turn it around in the second leg. Frustrating, but the big 3 take the cup seriously and I'm not sure I could take any of them over 2 legs in the semi final stage at the moment anyway.

1744986410_Screenshot2020-12-06at12_21_45.thumb.png.388b7ed0accce85c2b07c4197b148845.png

Markos Nikitaras 22a - Taxiarchis Zografakis 23k

Very much a rinse and repeat from previous seasons, Zografakis outperformed his attributes at one end of the pitch and Arkoulos outperformed is attributes at the other. I phased out a number of our older starting players this year and focussed on playing some of my promising, positive personality youngsters as much as possible which perhaps showed with our inconsistent form. In our 8th season I finally fielded our first youth intake only starting line up in our 4th league game.

1213014034_Screenshot2020-12-05at22_35_36.thumb.png.ed30c4c619d0ea77e07c55d42d59b690.png

Panagiotis Aliprantis

An impressive start for my returning HOYD, with another 3 five star potential players, and even more importantly 2 professional personalities. I'll be looking to get both minutes next season, with Aliprantis the pick of this year's bunch.

Transfers

Next Season

I say this every time, but more of the same would be good for the time being. I managed to head off two players who wanted to leave then changed their mind when no-one made an offer for them, they now have shiny 4 year contracts. We've very much moved to younger players now and many are still improving, so hopefully with a little more experience and ability the consistency will come and we'll see an improvement. We can match any side on our day, even Olympiakos, we just aren't having enough of those days at the moment.

spacer.png

Gremio Novorizontino Season 1 | Serie C | 2022

Manager Profile

Fixtures 1 . Fixtures 2 | Finances | Transfer History | Squad

Serie C

1st Phase Group Stage . 2nd Phase Group Stage . Final

Overall we had a very good season. I knew that we were going to have a reasonably good chance at promotion after playing our State games and the 1st round of the Cup. Whilst we didn't pull off any major shocks in those two competitions we were pretty competitive with Serie A teams including drawing to Palmerias & America MG. In the 1st Group phase we did well finishing 2nd in our group but we really should have won it. We lost some sloppy games and drew a couple that we should have won easily but the main thing was that we were through to the 2nd Phase where we can win promotion.

The 2nd Phase is all about finishing in the top 2 positions to win promotion. We were up against some tough teams but when we unfortunately drew our first game I knew we had a good shot at promotion. Thankfully we won our remaining 4 games and won promotion to Serie B and also put us into the Serie C Final.  We lost the first leg 2-1 thanks to a last minute goal, but then went away and won 2-1 to set up a penalty shoot out to see who would be Champions. The boys held their nerve and scored all 4 penalties needed to win and we were crowned Champions. The clubs first ever trophy.

Paulista Serie A1 (State League)

Overall Table . Group Stages

As I said above we were very competitive. We were expected to be down the bottom of the table but in truth we were never in danger of getting relegated. We finished in 7th which is a fantastic achievement but unfortunately we finished below Ferroviaria who were also in our group which meant we didn't qualify for the quarter final. Hopefully next season we can at least progress into the quarters but it will very much depend on what group we get drawn in. I should also add that unless you make it to the final which is very unlikely, you don't get any prize money so this competition probably wont be high on my list until were an established Serie A team who has a squad that can compete with the other big teams.

Copa do Brasil

1st Round

We were drawn at home to Serie A team America MG and we outplayed them. We missed a penalty in the 1st half but were still on top up until the 85th minute where they scored their 2nd goal. We threw everything at them and although we scored an equalizer in the 89th minute it wasn't enough as they go through as the higher division team. We got £127k for appearing in this round and hopefully next season we can get a better draw and make it a few more rounds as this is going to be the main source of income for the next few years and will be massive if we are going to improve our facilities.

Youth Candidates

spacer.png

Lucio Flavio | Nilson Trevisan | Jose Francisco | Marcelinho Paulista | Lucas Rafael

Really happy with this intake. This is our current Head of Youth. His contract is up at the end of the season so if I can't find anybody better than him, he will be back next season. I would be amazed if 2 of the top 4 are still here this time next season.

Flavio is undoubtedly the best player for us and if he is still here in a year will be contributing in the 1st team in some role. Nilson is who I would love to keep long term. Our current right mid is fantastic but is another player that will be wanting to leave as soon as somebody shows some interest in him. Nilson could definitely take over from him long term once he has had a year improving his attributes. Jose is pretty much ready to help the 1st team already. The massive problem I have with him is that I cant decide where I want him to play. If his physicals improve as well as his crossing then he would either be a great left mid or left back. At the moment I could also potentially see him as a DM but his lack of size and strength worry me. Where would you guys play/train him? Marcelinho has very good potential but is no where near ready for 1st team football. Hopefully we can keep him in the Under 20's for a couple of seasons and see big improvements from him across the board. His lack of determination is a worry though. The final prospect i'm interested in is Lucas Rafael. He has a good personality in Resolute and will immediately become the Captain of the Under 20's. Hopefully his good determination and personality will help him improve his attributes. At the very least he will be at the club for a long time and hopefully his personality can rub off on other players.

spacer.png