The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

Just now, XaW said:

Yeah, he is so far the only one I have convinced to join us... slim pickings here in lower league Wales... The only staff I get when I search for "realistic appointments" are performance analysts and sports scientists...Oh and one manager, who won't talk contracts with me, so I guess his "realistic appointment" is taking over my job. I don't even have an assistant or a HoYD yet!

And yes, he is quite poor, but in the 2 cup games I've played so far, he has 2 goals and 2 assists. Now, I don't know what that says about our opponents, but here we are! :D

The magic of the Youth Academy Challenge in the first few seasons. 11 in acceleration puts fear into the opposition and your GK coach, who doesn't know anything about GK coaching, runs the club! Love it! 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

The magic of the Youth Academy Challenge in the first few seasons. 11 in acceleration puts fear into the opposition and your GK coach, who doesn't know anything about GK coaching, runs the club! Love it! 

Yup, and now I managed to bring in a scout with 1 in JPA and 3 in JPP... lovely days. I actually had the choice of two scouts, but the other had 1 in both! Luxury!

image.png.e2786cee58dd785ac61d23da00571b87.png

Getting crowded in here now...

image.png.5e8e30a4de9f2acb9f3499867cfb4e54.png

Edited by XaW
2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yup, and now I managed to bring in a scout with 1 in JPA and 3 in JPP... lovely days. I actually had the choice of two scouts, but the other had 1 in both! Luxury!

First world problems, third world solutions! 

2 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

First world problems, third world solutions! 

I'm going to stop spamming now, but I just got in a fitness coach with 1 in fitness... :lol:

image.png.5cfd8e6c2c7a888ac3b7aade80a06373.png

1925897517_MatteoAndreetto.png.b9310e11536e077f9bbb3672378ccbf5.png

I can't help but feel like that I've got a great Head of Youth Development for the time being. Sure there are things that could be better (like his judging player skills), but his personality and his preferred formations are useful for me, since I should get a lot of the positions I need strengthening to come in. If his reputation and his abilities go up too, then I'd be content once we start to get players getting us further up the table.

1 minute ago, JLAB said:

I can't help but feel like that I've got a great Head of Youth Development for the time being. Sure there are things that could be better (like his judging player skills), but his personality and his preferred formations are useful for me, since I should get a lot of the positions I need strengthening to come in. If his reputation and his abilities go up too, then I'd be content once we start to get players getting us further up the table.

He looks really good! Maybe a bit low in Determination, but the professional personality should cover that! 

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm going to stop spamming now, but I just got in a fitness coach with 1 in fitness... :lol:

Absolutely magic. What a team! 

I like that everyone you hire is terrible at their own job, but could probably do some of their colleagues tasks better! 

9 hours ago, yowg8ynwa said:

I wonder what Kris has been saying to become that little more controversial 

Nothing actually.  I'm sure it's just some changes to his hidden attributes that will bite me in the ass down the line.

33 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

He looks really good! Maybe a bit low in Determination, but the professional personality should cover that! 

He also has reserved media handling too, though he also plays mind games, so perhaps that's something to look out for.

12 minutes ago, lewis999 said:

@XaWFor Norway do you have to holiday 2 years? I saw something on the first page along those lines but not 100% sure how it works. 

Yes, the first season the lower leagues doesn't run. So after a season the 4th tier (unplayable) are visible. Then you holiday for another year (until Jan 13th) and take over a newly promoted club to the 3rd tier. If you like, you can chose what club will be promoted by saving/reloading to make sure they win their 4th tier division and are promoted.

10 minutes ago, witticism said:

This is giving me reason to put my save on hold

It might be an issue for some, but I had a look at my Follo that were in 2032 and I hadn't noticed it. The player count for each team seemed fine, really, perhaps a bit short in the U18s, but nothing major for a youth only challenge in my book. But if you feel this is game breaking, then I understand. I will note it does not seem to impact the team that the user are playing as. I had the same amount of players every season, but when I looked at the intake of a few of the other clubs around it was less.

9 minutes ago, heutheo said:

well that's a tough one, good luck 

Only positive is they are quite healthy financially, so getting in decent staff hasn't been too much of an issue.

Half the players i am using are greyed out till i get my first youth intake next year.

It will be a bit Pulis style football first season.:D

spacer.png

Zhejiang Yiteng F.C. - 2021/2022 Season - Mid-Season Update

CLUB PROFILE | GENERAL | FACILITIES | HONOURS | CLUB VISION | FINANCES

MANAGER PROFILE: CHARACTERISTICS | ATTRIBUTES

Before the season started, I managed to finagle €400,000 (eventually became €500,000 due to add-ons) for an unhappy player and loaned a player out.

Also hired new staff which meant getting more professional personalities into the club.

COMPETITION REVIEW | CFA China League One Table

spacer.png

Currently at the top of the table in CFA China League One with a 4-2-3-1 Wing Play (Default Preset). Most of my goals come from crosses from out wide and long balls down the middle. I'm conceding goals through set pieces and long balls through the middle. Honestly, I could've gone through matches faster with instant result but been watching with extended highlights.

As for the Chinese FA Cup, I lost to Shanghai SIPG in the fifth round. I was in the lead then Marko Arnautovic helped Shanghai with a hat-trick.

Current XI stats and my best young player, Tian Yafei.

Here is the preview for the upcoming youth intake:

spacer.png

Finally managed to finish my first season with Lokeren-Temse, and just survived the drop after the relegation play offs :-

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Transfers:-

Spoiler

spacer.png

My Profile

Spoiler

spacer.png

Youth Intake

Spoiler

spacer.png

Best of Class '22

Spoiler

U2XYX0d.png

Spoiler

tkzf3WA.png

Spoiler

UQOxG5y.png

Spoiler

NoSOjlk.png

Finances

Spoiler

KGFeTvz.png

Edited by jmonfu
41 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Only positive is they are quite healthy financially, so getting in decent staff hasn't been too much of an issue.

Half the players i am using are greyed out till i get my first youth intake next year.

It will be a bit Pulis style football first season.:D

1d8192062a26b337310d5aa1ea25feec.png

:D

91633156_JuniorCoachingImprovement.png.f9c807694617545913c336e48ef6e003.png2086260708_YouthRecruitmentImprovement.png.4de9a55d65a8eae453f633bc5859d734.png

I also managed to just convince the board to improve the junior coaching and youth recruitment coaching, as I've convinced the board to let me start another coaching course. It's all happening now.

South Shields 2024 Youth Intake

1573291171_2024YouthIntake.png.ab7a01c6cda2d91f258b238129e2d110.png1839019577_2024YouthIntakeDNA.thumb.png.2afb6dc906f8ec25ac4f38f606162942.png

A much better class especially at the top end with some ready-to-go players in the central midfield/attack.  The personalities are better with six positives and three negatives.  I've moved fickle from negative to neutral.  If that was still negative, it would still be a good personality class with six positive and five negative.  Team DNA is still on par with the first two classes.

715678370_MichaelWakefield24A.thumb.png.4fea6c54f0a8fb985201e48cb6c2eff5.png

A ready to go playmaker in all stratas of the midfield.  Since he can't tackle, he will be more an advanced playmaker as opposed to deep lying.

1394532381_KevinBaynes24B.thumb.png.fc402c9a16d3def65849c142704a88fd.png

A solid all-around winger who could go back as a wing-back if needed.  Best player right now and for the future so hopefully he signs a contract.

735784028_LouisCooper24c.thumb.png.661ca61deccd4a7a0b8d7a60dbd5c956.png

A right-winger who could be trained to play center forward as a false nine or deep lying forward to link the attack and midfield bands.

517387371_OliKettey-Gibson24D.thumb.png.8f8d7288d9e005ee84660ebb3e2b362d.png

858081652_JoeWilliams24E.thumb.png.0ed42b82a51abcb67c15b367fd69a6c6.png

A very offensive-minded class.  I really need some center backs to come through here quickly.  We are very soft in the central defense.

2 minutes ago, JLAB said:

So I've got to ask, how do you normally calculate the stuff in your spreadsheet?

The DNA mean is just a simple average of the five attributes listed.

The TEC, MEN, and PHY is adding up all of the attributes in those categories.

The positional ratings: I take 10 attributes that I think are most important to the position group.  Add those ratings together, divide by 20 and then multiply by 10.  This gives me a rating between 0-100.  Rating is color-coded: closer to 0 (red-orange-yellow), closer to 100 (green-blue-purple).  I shouldn't see blues and purples until my facilities improve.

AS Rodos - Greek Super League 2

5573.png.0afccd056134746a113e2958660e1e09.png

I've held off buying FM following the birth of my daughter but I've caved and I'm back for another (hopefully more successful) bash at this challenge, this time choosing a country that I've never managed in on any iteration of FM. The only previous experience I have with Greece was pinching all the super players that were added by the January patch on CM 01-02!

835638785_Screenshot2020-11-26at19_18_05.thumb.png.e3633f01edb8f27855d0d06379afe77e.png

Although I decided a couple of weeks ago I wanted to manage in Greece, I had no idea on which club and indeed outside of the biggest clubs in the country knew very little about any clubs within the Greek pyramid. As soon as I saw they 4 promoted sides AS Rodos immediately jumped out at me as they are from the island of Rhodes, not the Greek mainland itself. I've no idea on the strength of my squad, the way the Greek leagues work (there seems to have been some sort of restructure as only 2 sides went down and 4 came up), or my survival chances, but I'm going to get stuck in tonight and see how I get on. I've always traditionally been an instant result player, but armed with a new iMac that can run very high graphics and more time now I'm working from home I'm going to swing the other way and start playing my matches again.

Currently in my first try with Lancaster I feel like those stubborn promoted team coaches, who are not willing to park the bus. My team plays well, is able to score goals and retains possession. We just get smashed at defense. But even if I fail, I will just try again. :lol:

13 hours ago, hubwub said:

I was not expecting the prize money allocation for CFA China League One to be this bad. Basically from 1st to 16th it's just €75K.

spacer.png

It's going to be an uphill battle to get facility upgrades but we will see.

The good point about managing in China is the sponsorship money. If you go to the league and the league menu at the bottom are all club ranked by sponsorship. Some big teams in the Super league will be £200 million plus PER SEASON. It will increase also. For you I bet as you progress your sponsorship income will go up also. I play in China every year now and its such a good league! I am bias as one of my favourite teams are Guizhou Hengfeng. Guizhou hates Renhe (beijing) as they were the big team in Guiyang (Guizhou) and they moved the whole football club to Beijing a few years ago!!

logo.png.0608e32de627ce29527522200a60377b.png

Gonna give this a try for the first time with Real Jaén.

me.JPG.d8af118217978e11f6ea705dd389f190.JPG

I love the nickname, Los Lagartos (The Lizards). Don't know why they are called that so if anyone else knows, please tell me. My best guess is that there are alot of lizards roaming around in that part of Andalusia.

The board want a top half finish, which I think is a bit ambitious for a newly promoted side. But hey Real Jaén used to be in La Liga, 67 years ago, so that might be where their inflated selfe confidence comes from.

The Squad is really thin, only 16 players. The only two fullbacks are newgens and the best players in the club are well above 30. So hopefully won't get any serious injuries, as that would mean I would have to use greyed players.

The youth intake can't come soon enough!

Edited by Hian
20 minutes ago, JWB935 said:

The good point about managing in China is the sponsorship money. If you go to the league and the league menu at the bottom are all club ranked by sponsorship. Some big teams in the Super league will be £200 million plus PER SEASON. It will increase also. For you I bet as you progress your sponsorship income will go up also. I play in China every year now and its such a good league! I am bias as one of my favourite teams are Guizhou Hengfeng. Guizhou hates Renhe (beijing) as they were the big team in Guiyang (Guizhou) and they moved the whole football club to Beijing a few years ago!!

My sponsorship right now for Yiteng is €95K. I definitely can see it rising. Last season's promoted team from League One to Super League was Zhejiang Energy Greentown, my rivals. They currently have a €38M sponsorship income. It's weird that in the game we aren't fierce rivals because they are from the same city.

I've played in China before but not for a youth academy challenge. Tianjin TEDA was my go-to team.

8 hours ago, Shankly84 said:

Badge.jpg.f0d9932f3812e3366ea801ada653bfa5.jpg

SEASON 9 - 2030 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES - FIXTURES -  FIXTURES PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  

MANAGER PROFILE -  CHARACTERISTICS  -  ATTRIBUTES 

CLUB PROFILE  -  GENERAL  -  FACILITIES  -  HONOURS  -  FINANCES  -  TRANSFERS 

LEAGUE CUP

Good performance all round with a couple of big wins and an impressive 5-2 win over KA in there. As always the group seems to come down to one match and this time it was Vikingur R., who beat us 4-1 and that was that for another year.

CHAMPIONS CUP

On the back of our cup win, we were in the Icelandic version of the charity shield. A good performance and a 4-0 win over Valur, meant that we had won the trophy for the first time and that I would join the Icelandic Hall of Fame :-)!

LEAGUE

Pretty mediocre season and not much to write home about. Inconsistent again, refelected in a 9th place finish.

ICELANDIC CUP

Another good run in the cup seen us get to the Semi-final. Wedged in between two European ties I risked it and played a 2nd team. A 4-1 defeat to FH followed. Was worth it (for the first leg at least).

EURO CUP II

The draw was a little kinder than it has been in the past. Buduucnost, of Montenegro, up first, A 4-0 win away in the first leg meant we could rest players for the home leg. A 1-0 defeat didn't matter as we were through 4-1 on aggregate. This is where the draw was kinder then previous years. Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar was next. 5-0 at home and 5-1 away, meant for a 10-1 aggregate win and the reward of a glamour(ish) tie with Rosenborg. Having sacrificed a cup semi-final for the first leg, the plan seemed to pay off. A 2-0 win on the counter was probably the greatest result in the clubs history. Just keep it tight in the 2nd leg, maybe nick an away goal... we were beaten 6-1 and was lucky it was only 6. To be fair, we are far too early in our project to be expecting to knock Rosenborg out, but the first leg was brilliant and we made around £400k in gate receipts and prize money, although still in debt!! Great performance overall.

THE PLAYERS

A changing of the guard really, with goalkeeper Sigporson the only regular from day one. DM Ingolfur Adalsteinsson is starting to make progress and had a solid season. 

THE YOUTH INTAKE

First intake, since the improvements to coaching and recruitment and it was the best one for a while. Pedicted as a 'golden generation', 3 players already on 2 starts and plenty with 4 star potential.

1567028204_SeasonInfo.PNG.4d031945c4d9a1c3020bcea53c8dec45.PNG

Good luck, i joined u in Iceland :)

1 hour ago, keeper#1 said:

South Shields 2024 Youth Intake

1573291171_2024YouthIntake.png.ab7a01c6cda2d91f258b238129e2d110.png1839019577_2024YouthIntakeDNA.thumb.png.2afb6dc906f8ec25ac4f38f606162942.png

A much better class especially at the top end with some ready-to-go players in the central midfield/attack.  The personalities are better with six positives and three negatives.  I've moved fickle from negative to neutral.  If that was still negative, it would still be a good personality class with six positive and five negative.  Team DNA is still on par with the first two classes.

715678370_MichaelWakefield24A.thumb.png.4fea6c54f0a8fb985201e48cb6c2eff5.png

A ready to go playmaker in all stratas of the midfield.  Since he can't tackle, he will be more an advanced playmaker as opposed to deep lying.

1394532381_KevinBaynes24B.thumb.png.fc402c9a16d3def65849c142704a88fd.png

A solid all-around winger who could go back as a wing-back if needed.  Best player right now and for the future so hopefully he signs a contract.

735784028_LouisCooper24c.thumb.png.661ca61deccd4a7a0b8d7a60dbd5c956.png

A right-winger who could be trained to play center forward as a false nine or deep lying forward to link the attack and midfield bands.

517387371_OliKettey-Gibson24D.thumb.png.8f8d7288d9e005ee84660ebb3e2b362d.png

858081652_JoeWilliams24E.thumb.png.0ed42b82a51abcb67c15b367fd69a6c6.png

A very offensive-minded class.  I really need some center backs to come through here quickly.  We are very soft in the central defense.

Some great prospects !

25 minutes ago, hubwub said:

My sponsorship right now for Yiteng is €95K. I definitely can see it rising. Last season's promoted team from League One to Super League was Zhejiang Energy Greentown, my rivals. They currently have a €38M sponsorship income. It's weird that in the game we aren't fierce rivals because they are from the same city.

I've played in China before but not for a youth academy challenge. Tianjin TEDA was my go-to team.

Thats cool. Funny I am a Tottenham Fan too and really enjoy the Chinese league, also Uruguay I have played A LOT. Last year and this one Zhejiang have been promoted first season on every single season I have seen.

Good luck with the challenge, China could really be a sleeping giant!

2136526245_YouthIntakePreview.png.9accf401d7fbfb4b869edb77dd0b753d.png

So this could be promising, but I was hoping that we would be getting full backs, which I was looking for. Given how many areas seem to be weak, perhaps the full backs aren't a bad area? Who knows.

Andrézieux-Bouthéon Football Club est né - Ville d'Andrézieux-Bouthéon

First season 2021/2022

Hello everyone, first time doing this challenge and I have taken Andrézieux in french national ( 3rd division ) , absolutely no history, very bad infrastructures and finances what can go wrong ? 

screen to show that i am taking the challenge :

Spoiler

785073024_scrrenpreuve.thumb.PNG.7cf8f667551ed8349b82283c82cadd52.PNG

( still in french sorry forgot to swap the language woups )

And I didn't get relegated yay ! Very hard first, i did good in the start but i we started losing every game and i never manage to come up again.

The team was pretty good and the team got some talents but my stuctures are so bad that they just managed to lose some statistics :/

Spoiler

classement.thumb.PNG.a1fafb532bbeaf2e6fb1eb63a88229c9.PNGeffectif.thumb.PNG.7c709b0d78ec3b8aa1c03a7a199735a8.PNG

The young coming in the club are bad so im not showcasing one 

Spoiler

regens.PNG.fb2d671eaff5561b329ffb606b8c6d74.PNG

Here the transfers proof 

Spoiler

transferts.thumb.PNG.361ea16f585ff772f5c4f8b46c67c00d.PNG

To be honest i don't think i can do best next season when i see the poor level we putted in the second part of the season but we will do our best , and i hope the regens will be better next year, or it's doomed

Edited by MacronQLF

Hi All,

I have set some players to be available for the U/21 and U/18, and now I do not want them to be available anymore, however when the team selection comes for the U/21 and U/18 (when the assistant asks you to make players available) I cannot remove them, so then in the Seniors match, they are unavailable.

Anyone knows how I can undo this and set them back to unavailable for the U21/18?

On 24/11/2020 at 21:46, Bruce Drundrige said:

Boom, just like that... Inverurie Locos!

Edit: and here he is https://imgur.com/cVTYZDF

Quick tip for anyone trying this in Scotland, if you holiday to 1st there's usually still one match to play and it's 4th of May before you know who is in the play-off. to be safe, I holiday to 1 May then see when the last fixture is and holiday to that date and save again (on a new file if you like).

I haven't had much time to play this properly yet, but promises to be much more enjoyable (and manageable) than my first attempt with Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic where I only had 15 players.

Highlights from the squad include two goalkeepers (both terrible), lots of right backs, two pre-season testimonials and one guy retiring and he's not the youngest player (or one of the testimonials!)

The first player receiving a testimonial is 40 and has played for the club for 17 years. He will be my starting B2B midfielder...

23 minutes ago, jmonfu said:

Hi All,

I have set some players to be available for the U/21 and U/18, and now I do not want them to be available anymore, however when the team selection comes for the U/21 and U/18 (when the assistant asks you to make players available) I cannot remove them, so then in the Seniors match, they are unavailable.

Anyone knows how I can undo this and set them back to unavailable for the U21/18?

Ok found out how

Has anyone had the chance to do this?  The club has given me the chance to form a new B club to enter the lower divisions.  I've never done so before...

image.png.c302c1f71e1a142a39e24cbbfe65eafc.png

I am stuck between two minds here, would having a B team benefit my youth team members as they would have more games to play to develop?  Or as my squad is so small already, would this stretch out my players even more, leading to more injuries?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, yowg8ynwa said:

Espinosa in shock or his anticipation is 1

It's actually a rule in football. The player who takes the penalty can't touch the ball until it has touched another player :D

44 minutes ago, yowg8ynwa said:

Has anyone had the chance to do this?  The club has given me the chance to form a new B club to enter the lower divisions.  I've never done so before...

image.png.c302c1f71e1a142a39e24cbbfe65eafc.png

I am stuck between two minds here, would having a B team benefit my youth team members as they would have more games to play to develop?  Or as my squad is so small already, would this stretch out my players even more, leading to more injuries?  Thanks!

I would go for the B club, if only for how fun it is to see them rise up the ranks. It is also good for development as for as I'm aware because they should eventually play against better opponents than they would in youth team matches. As for the injurt problem, you can simply have your players in your first team and have them set unavailable for the B team.