The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

Kirkop United F.C. - Wikipedia

Kirkop United FC - Season 2025/26 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

A step forward again and this time we finished in 3rd place so we qualified for Europe again next season. We've started to build a good team now, and with more experience and a few more years we might be able to fight for the title. The goals just run in both ways, but we conceded a few less this time around so things are going in the right direction now.

In the FA Trophy we beat San Ġwann, St. Andrews, Mġarr United, and Floriana to reach the final. There we had a very close match against Ħamrun Spartans, but we won it in overtime in extra time. Our substitute right winger Billy Joe Gatt 23k scored in 120+1 to give us the cup win!

Youth

230Fkft.png

The preview didn't give much hope, but this was a quite good intake, I'd say.

E0M7aV9.png

Rodney Camilleri 26h is our new first choice goalkeeper, and will probably be for the years to come.

FCvayIV.png

Statistics:

Spoiler

Only locals this time around.

qz5lW3i.png

QhNJICQ.png

GT3cvIE.png

Record Breakers:

Most goals in a match: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 4
Most assists in a season: Kurt Debattista 22i - 20
Most league goals overall: Benjamin Lorentzen 22m - 83
Fastest goal: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 1 minute, 2 seconds

Trophy cabinet:

Bank of Valletta Challenge League - 2022/23
National Amateur League Group C - 2021/22
National Amateur League - 2021/22
FA Trophy - 2025/26
Amateur Cup - 2021/22

dtwBUNP.png

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image.png.695e8ca5e72b259c3bd94a3e6b517348.png

ACN Siena 1904 - 2043/44 Season Preview

1276238060_SeasonPreviewOdds010743.png.f6f5759d42518519ad0eba9162e3f70e.png

So against my better judgement I am also playing my Siena save alongside my Atlético CP save. If anything, with my Siena save I have an idea of "what could potentially be" with a really young, but talented squad, and also playing European football. So despite being expected to be relegated, I am confident that I can have a good season, since we've always been considered a team expected to be relegated. 

Also, we have a tactic that I am not starting to believe will work in our favour. It's a fun little challenge that I have created for myself and I just hope that one day, we can get not only Champions League football, but win the league outright. This will be the 3rd season we're in European football, but the first time that I think we can actually win our group.

1389852049_RealMadridsignsFedeleLandi.png.af6ffa8c8cc4d1ae9b8eac632ca4a40a.png

Oh, also Fedele Landi left West Brom to sign for Real Madrid, where I know that World Cup winner will win trophies. If he doesn't, then something has gone terribly wrong for my first ever wonderkid.

2022/23 Season - Nuneaton

General Updates

After a successful promotion campaign out of the Vanarma National League North the previous season, we went into this one fearful of the level of our opponents. After our first run of games I was thinking we would be in for a potential playoff bound season again, but suddenly we became incapable of winning in the league. No matter how much we scored, the opponent would beat us, it seemed. All in all, we ended up finishing 19th, missing relegation by 7 or so points.

Our 35 year old keeper who has been our player of the season for two years now isn't the clear number one any more. As a team, we both scored the most goals in the league and conceded the most goals. I have to look at our keeper with scepticism despite his high average rating. Furthermore, it isn't clear he is better than our youngsters. The youngsters all have better technical and physical abilities than the veteran, but the veteran has them beat handily mentally. We will see how this develops.

With regard to our super youngster Koo Keun, Ho... when I panicked and resigned him after Ebbsfleet made an offer, I thought I had only made the mistake of giving him a 10k wage hike that kicked in after 20 matches. But I also happened to overlook the fact that the slippery fella added in a 30% per annum wage increase which now makes him take up 15% of our total wage spend. He doesn't want to negotiate another contract as he feels he's too big for the club (delusion in my opinion), so either I look to sell him for pennies, or I eat the wage and keep him on for the next 4 years, with that ever expanding contract.

With those two decisions upcoming, other than that we have remained relatively the same. The replacement for Iron man Carl Baker, Isaiah Osbourne has also decided to retire, leaving us without a quality midfielder. This means I will finally have to put in an academy lad full-time into the squad. Matt Ashworth hasn't been setting the world alight and his development has been subpar as well. I can see him in the side a lot this year, but not far into the future unless something gives. 

We have some other youth lads coming through this season, but I'll touch more on that once the next season is done.

Youth Intake

Here is the preview of the intake. Another "Golden Generation"

image.thumb.png.f5e284b8c305805a151a9f4f334c141f.png

Here is the resulting intake:

image.thumb.png.ef6e8249939db51777b6a460a46e30bd.png

Next Season

Next season I'm once again hoping to avoid the drop. Mainly, I'm hoping to have some breakthrough players and have some clarity on the trajectory and state of the team. Consistent performances and the young guys taking the positions of the older guys is key here.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   2     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     6     1     1     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal   (1.25*)     National B             6     6     2     1     1     1     6     6     6     1     1     7     5     5     11    6     6 
2022/23    Minimal   (2.00*)     Continental C          9     9     3     1     1     1     9     9     12    4     1     9     8     7     17    9     9

Club Facilities

3Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Basic            Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Adequate         Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Adequate         Adequate           Local      (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      56        27       18       11         110              75                 +35              48.00%
2022/23      57        22       12       23         108              123                -15              38.60%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22         56        27       18       11         110              75                 +35              48.00%             348 days
2022/23         113       49       30       34         218              192                +26              43.00%             732 days              

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2022/23       FA Trophy 

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------
1 x FA Trophy  (2022/23)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        6th       Fourth round                     N/a           Won promotion playoff.  Fourth Round of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              19th      Third round                      N/a           Won the FA Trophy. Avoided relegation

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Ben Molloy & Matt Ashworth              1
2022/23    Romaine Gater                           36

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0
2022/23    Jack Thorpe                             5

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Romaine Gater                           3

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                   0
2022/23    Chris Mooney                             1

Ticket Sales

Season     Season Tickets/Price                    Average Attendance/Price           
2021/22    166/$358                                    716/$18
2022/23    204/$354                                    830/$19

Player Wages

Season    Highest Paid Player (per annum)            Cumulative Wage           
2021/22    Ravi Shamsi - 30k                           $242k
2022/23    Koo Keun-Ho - 32k                           $345k                                                    

UK/Ireland Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.397d6566b032dd53f9838da572872f77.png

Broadly Europe Club-generated players:

image.thumb.png.9cbcb1d51598da90a2d8179a8d298959.png

East Asia Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.b006c4d16c5425ded0c72bf6

Africa Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.6507cb6f452f3870f93a5717146b8c7c.png

Edited by kkfootball

durango_logo.png.f744b0c88e59b868c61ec3fb8df6f0e1.png

Cultural Durango - Preview

Allright, I've decided to join the fun and pick a team in my current country of residence, Spain. The new 3rd division gives quite a few teams to choose from, and to my delight I saw Cultural Durango on the list. I don't know if anyone remembers, but some years ago on these forums there was a challenge to manage this club and get them to win the La Liga [EDIT: just checked the club history and the last time they were in the Segunda was 2005, so many years ago indeed!], which was tough since it's a tiny club who are (or at least were back then) only allowed to buy Basque players. I remember getting into La Liga after years on end and then failing miserably; that was before I knew of any youth challenges of course so that run was easy by comparison )))

spacer.png spacer.png

Squad So here we are, predicted to finish 17th and with 16 non-grey players but only 5 of whom can play in attacking / advanced positions... So a 5-5-0 is on the cards, perhaps )) Or more likely I'll just play some defenders in midfield and some midfielders in attack, they're all rubbish anyway )) No staff either so I can't even filter potential staff by availability, gonna be tough hiring people.

Facilities Surprisingly decent, maybe because of the above-mentioned Basque youth focus. Don't think I've ever started this challenge at a club with excellent youth coaching. If we can survive until the first intake I reckon we'll be in business.

spacer.png spacer.png

So let's see if I manage to keep this lot up this season, in which case there will be another update.

Edited by dkouv

i ve been doing this challenge with Jena FC in germany i m already in 2035 and i managed to get top 4 in bundesliga but i have 2 questions i checked my facility levels with genie scout i have 20 in TF YF and JC but 19 in Youth recruitment  it has been like this for 4 years and i never get the option to ask board for improve youth recruitment i was also stuck at 19 in my other save aswell is it possible to get it to 20 and how do i do it or is it a bug and i am stuck at 19 forever ? 

my other question is does scouting knowledge has impact on youth intake does it increase the quality or only change nationality and no impact on quality ? i ve been trying to get good knowledge around worldwide by getting staff with different nationalities even if they are bad  i am %79 already but i dont even get foreign regens i only got 1 in 3 years. i feel like scouting knowledge has no impact on youth intake and does not worth going for it

4 hours ago, allofyourtears said:

i ve been doing this challenge with Jena FC in germany i m already in 2035 and i managed to get top 4 in bundesliga but i have 2 questions i checked my facility levels with genie scout i have 20 in TF YF and JC but 19 in Youth recruitment  it has been like this for 4 years and i never get the option to ask board for improve youth recruitment i was also stuck at 19 in my other save aswell is it possible to get it to 20 and how do i do it or is it a bug and i am stuck at 19 forever ? 

my other question is does scouting knowledge has impact on youth intake does it increase the quality or only change nationality and no impact on quality ? i ve been trying to get good knowledge around worldwide by getting staff with different nationalities even if they are bad  i am %79 already but i dont even get foreign regens i only got 1 in 3 years. i feel like scouting knowledge has no impact on youth intake and does not worth going for it

I certainly don't see any correlation between scouting knowledge and regens, either in origin or quality. I suppose it's possible.

I don't think there's even a correlation between where your scouting knowledge lies and the nationality of regens, never mind quality.

It might however help us to find better staff, but unless you have a huge database (and really what would be the point of that in this challenge) and you're one of the top teams in the world, how many fantastic foreign coaches are going to come to you, and wouldn't the top domestic coaches work for you in those circumstances?

Edited by vikeologist

13 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

I certainly don't see any correlation between scouting knowledge and regens, either in origin or quality. I suppose it's possible.

I don't think there's even a correlation between where your scouting knowledge lies and the nationality of regens, never mind quality.

It might however help us to find better staff, but unless you have a huge database (and really what would be the point of that in this challenge) and you're one of the top teams in the world, how many fantastic foreign coaches are going to come to you, and wouldn't the top domestic coaches work for you in those circumstances?

thx for the answer 

Kirkop United FC - Season 2026/27 Review

We almost gave Ħamrun Spartans a run to the finish, but fell a bit short of them in the end. They are the dominant force in Malta currently, as they have won the league 5 seasons in a row now. They are also the only professional team in Malta, so that helps them out a lot. Our couple of efforts in Europe have cleared our debts finally, and a few more runs will allow me to ask for improvements going forward, and eventually, we could also go professional! Still, it's a long way forward, but we are getting closer and closer now.

In the FA Trophy we beat Lija, Msida, Swieqi, and Melita to reach the final again. This time we crushed Ħamrun Spartans to claim our 2nd consecutive cup win.

We also competed in the BOV Super Cup, a Community Shield type competition, and we beat Ħamrun Spartans to win it.

In the Europa Conference League we beat Jeunesse d'Esch of Luxembourg before we lost to Northern Irish outfit Crusaders in the 2nd qualifying round.

Youth

LdHPRzU.png

The quality of the intakes have dropped the last years, but it's also partially down to the improvements the current players are showing. We need improvements to this part of the club.

PNq4NON.png

Jake Buhagiar 27e is a promising full back with much better passing than most of the backline have.

sez08SU.png

Statistics:

Spoiler

Mostly locals, but also a guy from Montenegro.

jyGwGPX.png

CyfB9EY.png

GT3cvIE.png

Record Breakers:

Most goals in a season: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 55
Most league goals in a season: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 39
Most goals in a match: Christian Grima 22a - 5
Most goals in a league match: Christian Grima 22a - 5
Most assists in a season: Christian Camilleri 25g - 22
Most player of the match awards: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 13
Most league goals overall: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 100
Fastest goal: Christian Grima 22a - 15 seconds

Trophy cabinet:

FA Trophy - 2025/26, 2026/27
BOV Super Cup - 2026/27
Amateur Cup - 2021/22

DOwJVTJ.png

So I've looked through various youth intakes on here, even from places like Croatia which is the league I'm playing in. Almost every youth intake class in this giant thread is better than any youth intake class I've had.

How is this possible? I have the best facilities for youth intake, an ambitious HYOD(2.5 stars rep) but I don't even come close to some of the people on here for quality.

This is my current youth intake class for Zagreb Croatia and it's about the average that I get:

youth111.png

Edited by FM21_Scout

7 hours ago, FM21_Scout said:

So I've looked through various youth intakes on here, even from places like Croatia which is the league I'm playing in. Almost every youth intake class in this giant thread is better than any youth intake class I've had.

How is this possible? I have the best facilities for youth intake, an ambitious HYOD(2.5 stars rep) but I don't even come close to some of the people on here for quality.

This is my current youth intake class for Zagreb Croatia and it's about the average that I get:

youth111.png

This is not really the thread for it, but to give you an answer there is a few things to keep in mind. The star rating as compared to your current squad, so if you have a great squad competing in the CL, then you are less likely to get amazing ratings. The top player there, Drago Majcenic, have the potential to be an average player on your team and if you are a good side, that's not bad at all!

As for us who play here, we play with very poor teams for a long, long time. So if we get player with anything resembling potential, then we get 5 stars. If you look at the ones who have made it to the top of the biggest leagues and stayed there for a few seasons, then you will see they have mostly the same intakes as you.

Vikeologist's 30th Folkestone Intake Report and 26th Intake Review 

See the source image

Good grief. 30 seems like a lot of intakes.

20210607130034_1.thumb.jpg.9280b548e37242cada681ba357f2f9b8.jpg

It doesn’t look like a great intake, but still sort of useful. The one position where we have no viable backup is right back. We still don’t of course.

20210607123933_1.thumb.jpg.212769c9816a3547d70a2298f2dc406f.jpg

Paul Fletcher 30a will take a few years to be anywhere near as good as our starter, but our current backup is more naturally utilised as a centre back, which is another position we’re very thin on, and which I’ve been training him to be.

Beyond Fletcher, there doesn’t seem to be many promising players, but time will tell. Paul Humphreys 30b has a high opinion of himself based on his salary demands, so let’s see if he can back that up.

YP26 Review

Jaydyn Mullins 26a – Is my starting left back, despite the fact that he’s not actually my best player at that position. That is Alex Taylor 21e who is sort of my backup central defender. As above, I’ve just had a new right back emerge, which means I can move my backup right back to backup centre back and my backup centre back to left back where he’ll be the starter and displace Mullins.  

The reality is that most of the time somebody is injured or suspended, and Mullins  is still very promising and should continue to get first team experience.

Brooklyn Nightingale 26b – An attacking right winger, but has never really been good enough to establish a slot on my 442 formation as either a  slightly out of position  right winger or a striker. If I played a formation with a AMR he might have become a valuable player. He’s not a write-off yet, but he’s not going to get any chances, so at some point I might as well sell him.

Mohamed Sesay 26c – A promising goalkeeper. I’ve sold a couple f goalies in the last year, so if something bad happened to my starter Mohamed would be my starter. I haven’t had a really promising goalie come after him, so he’s quite valuable and I have to hold on to him. However my starter is only a year older, so there’s a good chance he is the backup for ages and eventually leaves in his late twenties having never been given the chances to develop. It’s happened before.

James Gardner 26e – My 3rd choice left winger, but the two ahead of him are really good. However James is promising. If I needed money I could sell my highly paid and valuable 29 year old. James does get a lot of playing time, due to suspensions and injuries, but has only ever actually started 6 matches.

Harry Barry 26f – Has now left the club, but if my son Barry turns out to be the first ever (to my knowledge) gay son, I’m going to try to make him marry Harry (who is not AFAIK gay either). It’s entirely possible this plan is why Harry wanted to leave the club.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

This is not really the thread for it, but to give you an answer there is a few things to keep in mind. The star rating as compared to your current squad, so if you have a great squad competing in the CL, then you are less likely to get amazing ratings. The top player there, Drago Majcenic, have the potential to be an average player on your team and if you are a good side, that's not bad at all!

As for us who play here, we play with very poor teams for a long, long time. So if we get player with anything resembling potential, then we get 5 stars. If you look at the ones who have made it to the top of the biggest leagues and stayed there for a few seasons, then you will see they have mostly the same intakes as you.

Most intakes tend to be from early years in people's saves, and though the intakes may look good, it's probably because the current squads are pretty terrible.

There's also the fact that there may be a lag between acquiring good facilities and it paying off with intakes.

I've 'complained' quite a lot about how my intakes have been 'worse' since my facilities were improved, but it's not a conspiracy. As XaW says, it's all comparative.

Though again, I do think I've been objectively unlucky with intakes recently. (However, in the YP26 I've just reviewed above I had 2 players with 4(+1) potential, which was actually pretty good for this stage in the challenge.

Do good intakes go in cycles? As I've said before, it's a fallacious belief, but I still believe it.

UPDATE - Just looked at FMScout's actual post, rather than XaW's reply, and that is indeed an absolute stinker of an intake. If that's typical, it is completely outside my experience doing this challenge.

However, when I've done other challenges where you can buy players, and therefore the actual squads are much better, that was fairly typical of intakes, even where the clubs had fantastic facilities, so the most natural explanation is that his squad is actually surprisingly good, rather than the intakes are bad.

@FM21_Scout Are you doing this challenge? if you're bringing players in, that intake is entirely normal in my experience. We have better looking intakes because our teams are worse, especially in the early years.

It's entirely possible that other managers are reloading to get good intakes, and honestly I don't care if they are if that's how they want to play the game, but my intakes are legit and not reloaded. (If I hadn't been doing a challenge I might have reloaded a year ago to get a slightly better son. He is just awful).

Edited by vikeologist

Dorchester_Town.png

Dorchester Town - Season 30/31

Transfers - League Table

It was our third season in the Premier League, we played well and finished 7th. Although we did better than Man Utd, there was a clear gap between the next teams: we couldn't really compete with the biggest teams. Liverpool won all their home matches again but still didn't win the title!

Lost to Stoke in Carabao Cup fourth round. Lost to Leeds in FA Cup Quarter Final.

In the Champions League we got Rangers, Dortmund and Juventus in our group. We played ok, it just wasn't enough to proceed further as we finished 3rd with 9 points. So we were relegated to Euro Cup where we faced Benfica, Standard, and A. Bilbao before losing to Liverpool in the Semi Final.

Intake preview. Actual intake was good. I signed about half the players, Toni Korhonen, Adam Kelly and Paul Symons most promising.

Media prediction for the next season is 8th. It seems quite realistic. So far I haven't found a way to beat the top teams.

Season  Div      Pos     Most l.goals            Most l.assists            TF          YF           JC          YR          Av.Att    Finances        
21/22     VNLS   1st       Emile Ngoy (45)       Daniel Delve (21)       Avg        Basic      Adeq+   Adeq+   468         123K

22/23     VNL     1st       Emile Ngoy (45)       Daniel Delve (19)       Avg        Basic      Adeq     Adeq      663         20K

23/24     L2        1st       Emile Ngoy (22)       Jon Scorey (11)           Avg        B.Avg+   Good+  Avg+       1194       342K

24/25     L1        4th      Max Geddes (20)     Charles Amuzu (11)   Good+  Adeq+    Excel+   Excel+    2344       7M        

25/26     L1        1st       Max Geddes (21)     Jamie Wotton (15)     Excel++ Good++ Excep+  Excep+  2676       5,4M

26/27     CH       5th      Max Geddes (27)     Toby Snodin (15)       SotA++  Excel++  Excep    Excep    4998       13M

27/28     CH       3rd      Max Geddes (38)     T. Kwiecien (13)         SotA      SotA++   Excep    Excep    4998        57M

28/29     PL        5th      Max Geddes (27)     Will Penfold (7)          SotA      SotA       Excep    Excep    17427      140M

29/30     PL        10th    Max Geddes (20)     Will Penfold (9)          SotA      SotA       Excep    Excep    16216      220M

30/31     PL        7th      Max Geddes (16)     P. Rodriguez (8)         SotA      SotA       Excep    Excep    14536      300M

31/32     PL        ???

1200px-Lyn_Fotball_logo_svg.thumb.png.c50340c8792ee300bb5e69de639e661e.png

Crispypaul
Lyn 1896

Norwegian 2nd Division

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - we had a good squad coming up and gradually moved to the top to eventually win the league and promotion.

Cup - Fixtures - knocked out in the 3rd round by Rosenborg

Finances - ok

Transfers - nowt

Key players

Matias Bjanes - striker was our top scorer with 18 goals

Oskar Hansen - strong left back

Oyvind Christoffer Knutsen - decent keeper

Dan-Roger Roland - good centre half

Benjamin Nyheim - another good defender

Youth Update

Norway's intakes always come in super early which is great - a good one as we won promotion to the national U19 division.

Intake

1. Birkir Omarsson YP22a - beginning | season end - young Icelandic forward

2. Vuk Solberg YP22b - beginning | season end - pretty pacy right winger

3. Chris Davison YP22c -   beginning | season end - a Blackburn born left winger, oddly

4. Morten Lein Stormer YP22d -  beginning | season end - promising centre half

5. Inge Vonheim YP22e - beginning | season end - towering striker had a really great season, playing the final game where he also scored.  Became our youngest player and youngest goalscorer.

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2022    	D2	      	 1st      		3rd   		League winners, promoted

Future - a couple of youngsters will be brought into the first team otherwise staying up is our only priority

Logo.png.160ea11d9c69892cfce6662decd119ba.png

Second Season in Uruguay!

After a decent first season only losing on playoffs by a few points, we couldn't make the playoffs. The only difference, we finished on the other side. Topping the table after 22 matches means, we don't have to play any more matches. We got promoted as champions! It basically was a better copy of the first season, scored more, conceded fewer, more developed players. The Vignone Brothers scored for fun, together they were responsible for 35 out of 48 goals. The start of the season was a bit tricky as we lost the best youth player to Uruguayan powerhouse Penarol. I was able to get 95k + 50% sell on clause, which is a high fee for a national transfer. Additionally we got a friendly against the 51-times champion, this really helped the damaged financial side of Bella Vista. Because of that issue, we still have to wait for the first facility upgrade. Plans to build a new stadium have not progressed any further. For the next season, I don't expect very much, I would be quite surprised, if we could avoid relegation. Maybe we could snap up some sponsorship deals. The biggest challenge is going to be the league system. Opening Stage, Closing Stage, Intermediate Stage, Playoffs, Average Points - let's see!

League Table

Spoiler

SeasonPrediction.png.84da47dc38485ba5009fbcd199584f94.png season prediction on reset day

EndOfSeasonTable.thumb.png.9abe97d0804e3ccfc8ba778bb8b41ced.png A+ of course

Champs.png.ed3e6004fee28cc4d351d0edcd656a03.png securing league title one game earlier

Champs2.png.a197227b7257956fcab30ee8923e4565.png "freedom of the city" quite difficult in Montevideo

Key Performer

Spoiler

BestEleven.thumb.png.6b30385dfcdf19ef4ed4ad5f20455d42.png best eleven, kinda weird to have players with few or no apps

Stats.png.785cd0b7b386c87dd0f362b51748ecd3.png Vignone all over

KeyPlayer1.thumb.png.2731d3cfbb8553daea7699fcba85bd40.png conceding 9 in 12 is pretty good

KeyPlayer2.thumb.png.01de08650f61f7b03053e8d2c6ee9784.png old Vignone with a consistent good season

KeyPlayer3.thumb.png.5a04a406564c8eba82cc85eb5a4b392d.png young Vignone again best player

Best Youth Players

Spoiler

1415129414_Screenshot(196).thumb.png.a417e7da093ff17b46f8f13b1cb2c383.png played the first few matches of the season and did pretty well

BestOwnPlayer.thumb.png.750acceadda5dc11734209890902a100.png he played a full season, getting more consistent

Youth Intake

Spoiler

YouthIntake.png.8bef1947378743c184a63566e164d939.png not as great as the first, still okay

Youth1.thumb.png.886b21f9f4d4d2c9f503b938fce193a0.png only standout prospect

Transfer out

Spoiler

SoldPlayer.png.337cbf334531ee3c651e32cc3cb32100.png couldn't say no here

SoldPlayerProfile.thumb.png.fa288d24a18a81680dd0b4b7018b466f.png he would've started this season

SellOut.png.556946d14ca95a2581935a2ca3997f3e.png first and only sell-out so far

Overview.thumb.PNG.509e68e81f45e01da2e1f476dfee1627.PNG

Thanks for reading my post!

Kirkop United FC - Season 2027/28 Review

Wow, that went down to the wire, but we can finally declare ourselves the champions of Malta! Next, THE WORLD! Or at least Europe, in a very long timeframe... Still, it was a great season, and this time Mġarr United joined Ħamrun Spartans and us in the fight for the title. A great three way battle, but in the end we ran out victorious! And it means we head into the Champions League next season!

In the FA Trophy we beat Pembroke and Melita before we lost to Swieqi United in the quarter final.

In the BOV Super Cup we beat Ħamrun Spartans again, and won it for the 2nd time in a row

In the Europa Conference League we beat Sabali of Azerbaijan before losing to Royal Antwerp in the 2nd qualifying round.

Youth

XNFHtiL.png

The intakes are really going downhill now, but hopefully some more money from Europe can be spent on improvements in the future.

rIJG8aB.png

Ali Kobeissi 28c is the best defender we've gotten for a while, so he is much needed.

0mX6lWb.png

Statistics:

Spoiler

Mostly locals, but also a guy from Montenegro.

LDseYjL.png

Qh25Lei.png

aj1BTOq.png

Record Breakers:

Most clean sheets in a season: Rodney Camilleri 26h - 11
Worst discipline: Mark Grima 24d - 15 yellow, 2 red
Most league goals overall: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 127
Fastest goal: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 12 seconds

Trophy cabinet:

Bank of Valletta Premier League - 2027/28
BOV Super Cup - 2026/27, 2027/28
Amateur Cup - 2021/22

SbQC8Z2.png

MirassolFCnovo.png.d49e59e5b22644fbddaaeef6313d69e5.png

Mirassol FC - Brazil

2032 - Season 11

League finish - 7th

Season Summary

A much better season all round!

State Championship - I use this to test out any promising youth players, see if they're ready to make the step up. So every year i finish around 6th then lose in the quarter final. This season was no exception but nobody seems to really care

Serie A - The league is the important one! we made a really strong start this season, flagged a little in the middle and started to struggle but rallied for a really strong finish to get our highest points total and position yet. The top 6 are still a long way ahead of us though so it's going to be struggle to break in I think. But still, a 7th finish meant we qualified for the Libertadores next season!

Copa SudaAmericana - The continental competition we won a couple of years back! i was confident we could do it again too. We strolled to the quarter finals where we battered fellow Brazilians Paranaense only to somehow lose 1-0 in the first leg. No matter, there's still the second leg. We absolutely battered them again but drew 0-0 and went out. I could barely believe it! It really underlined how important a good, reliable striker would be for us.

Copa de Brasil - Oops, out in the second round

Players

Zaguinho 26A - wow, really pushed on from his breakthrough season last year. Easily our most important player now. His stats are amazing. Top scorer with 25 goals and chipping in with 15 assists as well, all from left wing. If only we had a relibale striker in the middle...... Lots of interest in him now annoyingly.

Le 29B - One of my promising youngsters that I gave a chance to during the State Chmpionship, giving him a few games on the right wing. He took it with aplomb, easily outperforming Richard 25A. He kept his place for the league proper and started really well. His form petered out from the middle of the season and he lost his place to Richard 25A by the end but at 18 years old 15 goals and 17 assists from 28 games is a really good return. He's now valued at 3.6m, hopefully he can maintain it in the coming seasons!

Gustavo Lucas 30B - Another 18 year old I gave a chance to in the state championship, throwing him up front out of desperation more than anything. He scored 12 in 12 and I thought my prayers were answered! he was then called up to the U20 squad and disappeared for a month, came back and he's left his goalscoring touch behind as well. Finished the season as a better midfielder than striker. Stupid Brazilian Paul Scholes.  23 goals and 12 assists in 42 games at 18 is still a pretty good return though. Not sure if he'll be up front or midfield next season but he's definitely a first team player  now.

Youth

oooo, look! a promise of a golden generation! in Brazil! With maxed out facilities! this is bound to be good, right?

32youthpreview.JPG.08c5f265a46c4f359263627da32e2a34.JPG

Ah goddammit! Well, it's not all bad I guess.....

32youthintake.JPG.e25216d361cff94bf4318b49e692eeae.JPG

Only two 4 star potentials, one of them being a keeper, isn't great. And their starting attributes are pretty appaling. But look!

Not only an Augusto Cesar but a Julio Cesar as well! how cool is that? Totally unrelated too! I'm hoping for a Nero and a Caligula to come though next season so I can eventually put out a Roman Emeror XI. That would be awesome. Not sure eithr of them had a balanced personality though, they were nuts.

Finances and That

70m in the bank, everything maxed out. Just need my HoyD to deliver now, I'm all set up for success!

32careersummary.JPG.459a2acf46d693419a1109bd8018f088.JPG

@elgranmufa: Congrats on promotion! Are your team affiliated with the Slovakian side MŠK Žilina? Found that similarity strange, so it feels like it should be an affiliation there.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

@elgranmufa: Congrats on promotion! Are your team affiliated with the Slovakian side MŠK Žilina? Found that similarity strange, so it feels like it should be an affiliation there.

Thanks friend! That's right, there is an affiliation with the Slovak club, even in real life two Ghanaian players emerged from this academy play in the European Zilina.

4 hours ago, Proffa said:

Well played, Vikeologist. I hope you can manage to stay up.

EDIT: Wait, how do your players have such high determination attributes? 

Image result for fine fine fine

This is the post that changed everything. Worth reading the next couple of pages in the thread as we all came to terms with the revelation we had received.

Looking back at it now, I think it was Hubwub that identified it first, but I use VooDooYouDo's tiers. 

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, elgranmufa said:

Thanks friend! That's right, there is an affiliation with the Slovak club, even in real life two Ghanaian players emerged from this academy play in the European Zilina.

Nice! I knew I recognised it, but was unsure. I actually wrote Slovenian at first, but got unsure and googled it make sure I had the right country! :D Perhaps you get in a few Slovakian players during the challenge...

1680301555_IRlogo.jpg.8a897de2f2f3794cc09a0660ab4f53d5.jpg

Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur
End of season 2023 review
League Table | Competition overview | Finances | Transfers | Facilities | Youth intake | Club overview | Manager Profile

Bit of the same this season. We finished 7th, but we got 2 more points then last season. When we were halfway the season, we were 2nd and fighting for promotion. But in the second half of the season we lost just too many games. We've got a very young squad. A lot of youngsters from last season's intake are now in the first team. I juist want them to progress faster, so I'll let them play a lot.
Hopefully we can gain promotion next season, because some youngsters are progressing really well.

Best player this season was, again, Emil Skorri Þorsteinsson. But also youngster Skúli Eggert Kristinsson had a very good season. Both players were at the club when I came here. KkvwVjr.png

UdEfwsQ.png

Youth intake 2023
Well, this is what they call a "golden intake"! The preview was very promising, and the intake itself was very good! I think that a lot of "Class 2023" will make it into our first team, rather sooner then later.
SeK429h.png
MTZn8Pn.png

I'll show you the most promising ones:
pe5x5r6.png8Hsdgwe.pngH7fUqMh.pngSWXTyHX.pngRLd0bhE.pngQHhEHtU.pngswBb2VN.pngbuo4oOv.pngH2JTbog.png

EtiPINN.jpg

Kirkop United FC - Season 2028/29 Review

Turns out, playing the Champions League, if only briefly, is worth a lot of money! We got enough to improve both training facilities and youth facilities. In addition, we got improvements to academy coaching and youth recruitment as well, and it really payed off! Winning last time, I had hoped we could repeat it, and we had a good season. However, Ħamrun Spartans just had an amazing season. They won all but 4 draws and 2 losses, and of that both losses and a draw came in the last 3 matches after they had clinched the title! It just was not possible to compete with them this time around. Still, we finished in a very good 2nd place, and with the improvements this season, we are looking good. The next step now is to reclaim the title, and in time, go professional!

In the FA Trophy we beat Valletta, St. Andrews, and Ħamrun Spartans before we lost to Żebbuġ Rangers in the semi final.

In the BOV Super Cup we beat Floriana on pens after a crazy 6-6 match.

In the Champions League we had a very tough draw as we got Red Star of Serbia. We held our ground well, but lost eventually and got knocked out in the 1st qualifying round.

That put us into the Europa Conference League. We had a tough draw here too, when we got Maccabi Tel Aviv of Israel in the 2nd qualifying round. We lost way, and actually won the home leg, but was still knocked out on aggregate.

Youth

tz2QS5H.png

Wow, the improvements helped out a lot! Quite a few great players this time around, even if the personalities are a bit all over the place.

jLTBiOk.png

Maltese-American Chris Ward 30a came through as the best player at the club. Tossed him into the first team and he got a hattrick on his debut. I'm afraid he won't stay here for long...

4UgPFit.png

Statistics:

Spoiler

Quite a diverse intake this as we added Nigeria and the USA to the list.

2th8ZVd.png

z0x2RYY.png

r0TdOa5.png

Record Breakers:

Most league apps overall: Kurt Debattista 22i - 157
Most league goals overall: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 148

Trophy cabinet:

Bank of Valletta Premier League - 2027/28
BOV Super Cup - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29
Amateur Cup - 2021/22

t76nuul.png

Knew that Portugal was a difficult country to manage in for a lower league club, but goodness I wasn't expecting it to be this tough. The Terceira Liga is one of the hardest leagues I've ever managed in.

10 minutes ago, JLAB said:

Knew that Portugal was a difficult country to manage in for a lower league club, but goodness I wasn't expecting it to be this tough. The Terceira Liga is one of the hardest leagues I've ever managed in.

I've actually only tried it there when I had my Cape Verdean game, but it's a country on list if/when I'm done with Malta... I just love the whole change of 3rd tier and new league system and all that jazz.

1706004989_GardenscouldleaveAtlticoCP.png.b3c45b049b2fad1c7256440e9e4cb2af.png

You know, if they were so scared of losing me they could always offer me a new contract...

1154176242_EstorilPraiaofferjobinterview.png.0f75ec2e515eb6bf38b59f0ef199d9be.png

Especially with Liga Portugal 2 side Estoril Praia offering me a job interview.

533996797_Maritimoofferjobinterview.png.4ed58359007287952ba58c27aed91436.png

Even more so when Liga NOS side Maritimo are offering me a job interview while I am in the Terceira Liga managing Atlético CP.

2017896532_RubnPalazuelos.thumb.png.c0cb60ad2f93b7c27c5c34a286bf7fc3.png

At least the favourite for the job if I leave is pretty good though and is already on the books.

In all seriousness though, going from 22 games to 46 games is a massive jump and one that feels like a punch in the face as it feels so out of the blue.

Wanna meet my nemisis?

fpOknl8.png

Not that good, but man he always scores against me (and everyone else!)

hjhCBjN.png

That scoring record is off the charts! 

Nuneaton 2023/24 Season

This season, in my view, has solidified the viability of this save. Year after year, the finances are growing and the board are letting us upgrade the facilities. The aging set of original players have for the most part been phased out of the team. Our new lads are looking capable of keeping us in the division and some even look as though they have the potential to carry us forward. I will show you a couple of those later in this post. All in all, this is looking like it is now self-sustaining.

We headed into this year on the back of a disappointing campaign. We had a great start to the previous season which had us challenging for playoff positions until about mid season where our form fell off a cliff and we couldn't win games to save our lives. We ended up the season 7 points off relegation, if memory serves. We were the top scoring team that year, despite finishing 19th, a testament to our poor defensive record. Because of this I decided to give the starting spot to our youthful keeper Chris Mooney instead of our veteran Breeden, despite Breeden consistently having around a 7 average rating. Mooney was a better "technical" keeper but lacked heavily in the mentals. It turned out that Mooney wasn't noticeably better than Breeden but he increased in attributes rapidly, giving me faith in his potential.

This season, I was hoping to have a more comfortable survival in the National League. I was hoping our defense would be a little better as our fullbacks improved. This didn't happen, however, Our defense was terrible, so I embraced it and went all in on attack. I later realized that despite how good the technical and mental stats were of my 36 year old center back captain, having 3 pace and 4 strength isn't conducive to success any scenario except when sitting in a low block, so later in the season I swapped him with one of our extremely promising center back prospects (I will share his profile later). The season had a similar shape as last one. We had a strong start, launching us into playoff contention, but around midseason we dropped off in form. Despite this we managed to finish 11th. 

While our defense wasn't anything to write home about (and likely wont be for a few more seasons), our offense deserves the highest praise. Koo Keun-Ho, our young Korean striker decided to place money on himself being the league's top scorer after seeing that his name was among the favorites for that distinction. He scored 38 league goals this year. The only downer is that last year is his final year under contract and he wont discuss a new one. There was reported interest from a few League Two clubs in December and January, but no formal bids. I may look to sell him if we can squeeze 100k or more out of his, but otherwise, I'll just keep him until his contract expires. Class player. Ollie Bassett, another original at the club, scored 25 in the league and is arguably more important than Koo Keun-Ho as he is an incredibly versatile player who fills our weak points in attack whenever the appear as a result of fitness and suspension. 

image.thumb.png.32abf8abe501dee29c2a2cdfc50f57ce.png

image.thumb.png.7401be53353ada1684e684d2a6dac5f5.png

When it comes to the products of the academy under my tenure (Koo Keun-Ho is an academy product, but from the year before I took over) we've had a few new faces emerge.

Chris Mooney was the keeper who took over from Mr. Breeden. Mooney was one of three keepers considered for the role at the start of the season. Him, Breeden, and Ruff were all marked with the same number of stars, but Breeden and Ruff were inferior technically, with Ruff's only tangible advantage being his height (something I value in a keeper to be fair). Mooney repaid this faith by improving considerably, and even getting taller for us.  He was also a decent keeper. He will be our keeper for the foreseeable future.

image.thumb.png.b769dadc7ec0c186bb499a621cdc3051.png

Lee Dobbin starting getting game time for us when we saw an extraordinary training report flashing his massive potential for us (see first image below). He took over the center back job from our captain in the final third of the season and was serviceable. I'm hoping he will be a long term solution to our defensive problem.

image.thumb.png.bae23598b689e63daf8bf73114c90545.png

image.thumb.png.6744ba7804052f9a04491f0e88043841.png

Ben Molloy has been a great secondary striker, creating as much as he scores. He was in my plans at the start of the season, but started receiving regular starting minutes after I saw strong growth from him (see pic below). I'm excited for his future and can see him being a fixture in a two man strike partnership going forward.

image.thumb.png.41eb6eb552633b11b82a38d84cfc067c.png

We have two others that aren't worth showing pictures of. Kendale Sargeant and Ky-mani Calder Shenton. Sargeant played midfield, a position which is very weak for us, and played it decently. He hasn't been growing on account of his unambitious personality I think. He is still young, so we shall see. Currently being mentored. Ky-Manu Calder-Shenton is a player who probably doesn't have much developing left. He doesn't have any apparent personality problems, but he hasn't been growing regardless. I often see this with my academy players who come in already up to the standard of my squad. He is a pace merchant and not much else. He was solid for us, but accumulated a lot of suspensions and missed time due to fitness concerns. He will be around for the time to come, but I don't see him around long term.

Youth Intake

Here's the preview to the intake:

image.thumb.png.ce9963c03411034239e5b657459fec50.png

This intake is our best-looking one. Obviously it will be seen which one is the most important long-term, but this has 3 players who are already in and around the first team and 2 more who are squad depth options, and a few more who are decent prospects. I believe this is our third consecutive "golden generation." I don't know whether this is because the quality of my team is so abysmal that almost any player could do a job for us, or whether it is the fact that my HoYD has terrible scout ratings, or if we are just getting lucky, but I've never had more than one "golden generation" in a row. In any event, this intake made me very optimistic.

image.thumb.png.e7195cbe8ec4732cf373680d6a96c2d4.png

Next Season

This coming season I'm ultimately looking for another mid table finish, but I want to be challenging for promotion throughout too. This season was rather boring after our poor run midseason as we weren't playing for anything during the final third. I was so bored that I played the infamous oval formation (no central midfielders) for a game. We are also at the point where I am almost fielding entire teams of regens, and I hope to continue this with a few more coming into the first team.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   2     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     6     1     1    1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal   (1.25*)     National B             6     6     2     1     1     1     6     6     6     1     1     7     5     5    11    6     6  
2022/23    Minimal   (2.00*)     Continental C          9     9     3     1     1     1     9     9     12    4     1     9     8     7    17    9     9  
2023/24    Minimal   (2.00*)     Continental B          10    10    4     1     1     1     10    10    14    4     1     10    9     8    18    10    10  

Club Facilities

Season      Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At start   Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Basic            Basic              Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Adequate         Fairly Basic       Local      (1.00*)
2022/23    Basic                Basic                  4       Basic                 Adequate         Adequate           Local      (1.00*) 
2023/24    Basic                Below Average          4       Basic                 Good             Average            Local      (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      56        27       18       11         110              75                 +35              48.00%
2022/23      57        22       12       23         108              123                -15              38.60%
2023/24      50        20       12       18         124              116                +8               40.00%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2021/22         56        27       18       11         110              75                 +35              48.00%             348 days
2022/23         113       49       30       34         218              192                +26              43.00%             732 days
2023/24         163       69       42       52         342              314                +28              42.33%             1038 days 

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2022/23       FA Trophy 

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------
1 x FA Trophy  (2022/23)

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        6th       Fourth round                     N/a           Won promotion playoff.  Fourth Round of the F. A. Trophy.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              19th      Third round                      N/a           Won the FA Trophy. Avoided relegation
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League              11th      Second round                     N/a           Knocked out in Third round of F. A. Trophy Finished 11th.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Ben Molloy & Matt Ashworth              1
2022/23    Romaine Gater                           36
2023/24    Chris Mooney                            49

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Jack Thorpe                             5 
2023/24    Ben Molloy                              16

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Romaine Gater                           3
2023/24    Ky-mani Calder Shenton                  12

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
2021/22    No one                                   0
2022/23    Chris Mooney                             1
2023/24    Chris Mooney                             7

Ticket Sales

Season     Season Tickets/Price                    Average Attendance/Price           
2021/22    166/$358                                    716/$18
2022/23    204/$354                                    830/$19
2023/24    206/$354                                    1008/$19

Player Wages

Season    Highest Paid Player (per annum)            Cumulative Wage           
2021/22    Ravi Shamsi - 30k                           $242k
2022/23    Koo Keun-Ho - 32k                           $345k                                                    
2023/24    Koo Keun-Ho - 41.5k                         $327k

UK/Ireland Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.36c2f7751d38979606ad2a24d69b3900.png

Broadly Europe Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.99ecb260b89d1e693fb0d48ad658fd4f.png

Africa Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.a1e1c2957d402ec79e5428e22b9a9f73.png

East Asia Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.b006c4d16c5425ded0c72bf6

Caribbean Club-generated players

image.thumb.png.70827091d5377cb29b55b856106567c5.png 

Kirkop United FC - Season 2029/30 Review

Back on top, baby! We had a much better season this time, and especially defensively as we conceded a lot fewer goals than earlier. When Ħamrun Spartans also had a bit of a worse season, it was enough to clinch us the title. So we are going into the Champions League next season, and hopefully keep making money and work towards improving the club as a whole.

In the FA Trophy we lost to Ħamrun Spartans in the 1st round.

In the Europa Conference League we beat Bangor City of Wales and Shamrock Rovers of Ireland before we lost to Slaven Belupo of Croatia in the 3rd qualifying round.

Youth

oyTtExa.png

The improvements are clearly having an effect on the club and we are getting in a lot of more talented players. Now, if I could only find a good HoYD to replace the rather poor one I currently have...

6xWr0gT.png

Luca Cachia 30c is a very tall defender and also very talented.

7yUUXjE.png

Statistics:

Spoiler

Mostly local players this time around.

UfRnRlr.png

z0x2RYY.png

r0TdOa5.png

Record Breakers:

Most goals in a match: Juergen Curmi 24m - 5
Most goals in a league match: Juergen Curmi 24m - 5
Most assists in a season: Kurt Debattista 22i - 24
Most clean sheets in a season: Rodney Camilleri 26h - 11
Most league apps overall: Kurt Debattista 22i - 177
Most league goals overall: Nikolai Aquilina 23a - 149
Youngest player: Julien Pisani 30d - 15 years, 249 days

Trophy cabinet:

Bank of Valletta Premier League - 2027/28, 2029/30
BOV Super Cup - 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29
Amateur Cup - 2021/22

ds6LohE.png

I've just discovered this forum & challenge and god.. you guys are great ! You are dragging me into this madness :D. I will start a save when I will get home from work.

Quick off-topic question : I've seen a lot of strange nick names for your players and I'm pretty sure there is something good behind them so :

What's with all that : john doe 30c , john doe yp19a17 ? 

6 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

I've just discovered this forum & challenge and god.. you guys are great ! You are dragging me into this madness :D. I will start a save when I will get home from work.

Quick off-topic question : I've seen a lot of strange nick names for your players and I'm pretty sure there is something good behind them so :

Some people mark the years the players come through their academy intakes.

3 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

Welcome, once you join, you can never leave! ;)

The nicknames are optional, and you can use whatever you want, but I use <name><space><intake year><rank in assistant potential>.

So I just load up the screenshot as I do in my posts and in the intake in 2030, the top guy is 30a, the next is 30b, etc.

Some use YP30a (the YP stands for Youth Player), or some use some variations for personality, or determination or whatever they want, just to make it easier to remember at a glance.

image.png.405c17396253dff4a42cf6d4e4187c87.png

Atlético CP – Season 3 – 2023/24 Youth Intake Preview

1596275649_YouthIntakePreview.png.70b30121db30ac448c6986411c2c94e0.png

So the first youth intake preview for ourselves as a Terceira Liga side is promising, though it could be the only one we enjoy with Boy Kwant as our Head of Youth Development. He is wanting a new contract that I can not afford and it makes me sad since I know that he has done a decent job so far as the Head of Youth Development for us.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Welcome, once you join, you can never leave! ;)

The nicknames are optional, and you can use whatever you want, but I use <name><space><intake year><rank in assistant potential>.

So I just load up the screenshot as I do in my posts and in the intake in 2030, the top guy is 30a, the next is 30b, etc.

Some use YP30a (the YP stands for Youth Player), or some use some variations for personality, or determination or whatever they want, just to make it easier to remember at a glance.

I tag everyone in an intake, even the ones I release straight away, and the players who are poached. For about the first 20 years of the challenge I didn't have a single player poached, but every intake I look at my clauses screen and there's one or two I didn't even see the notifications for.

Has anybody had a player poached who right now would be a starter in your first team? Or a player you released or sold dirt cheap because of inaccurate JPA/PP by your coaches?

1200px-Lyn_Fotball_logo_svg.thumb.png.c50340c8792ee300bb5e69de639e661e.png

Crispypaul
Lyn 1896

Norwegian 1st Division

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - well well....I am not sure what happened here but a pretty solid mid-table in the first few games was on the cards until we sneaked into play-offs right at the end.  Somehow we won both games to have a play off against Eliteserien Aalesund and after a shock win we won promotion again somehow, far earlier than expected.

Cup - Fixtures - a good run to the quarter finals ended by Molde

Finances - we had to borrow £9m for a new stadium so are now showing as "insecure" and paying £82k a month in repayments...

Transfers - nowt

Key players

Matias Bjanes - top scorer

Oskar Hansen - good leftie

Oyvind Christoffer Knutsen - good between the sticks again

Dan-Roger Roland

Benjamin Nyheim - solid again

Inge Vonheim YP22e - I decided to play him most of the season despite only being 17 and he had a brilliant first full season.  Nice long contract including extensions to 2028.

Youth Update

Pretty good intake

Intake

1. Erlend Gronvold YP23a - beginning | season end - promising winger

2. Gustav Olsson YP23b - beginning | season end - Swedish striker

3. Sean Houghton YP23c -   beginning | season end - a long way from Ireland

4. Jibril Arnesen YP23d -  beginning | season end - another promising centre half

5. Felix Odegard YP23e - beginning | season end - a good left winger

6. Kim Allasan YP23f - beginning | season end - versatile defender

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2022    	D2	      	 1st      		3rd   		League winners, promoted
2023		D1		 5th			QF		Promoted through playoffs

Future - this is an absolute shock - we're nowhere near good enough for the top division so I am expecting a tough season and relegation.  Our finances are also buggered by this.  Oh well.