The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

1522280984_Italynationalteamproduction.png.905a1372639fd185d48cd305495e1e57.png

So our academy's contribution to the Italian national team.

2120886882_FedeleLandi221042.thumb.png.62314c2645ed6cf080703d68a6e6db47.png

It's just a shame that we couldn't keep our best ever defender.

2050548818_CarloMusu221042.thumb.png.82da90ee640a7841005590f8497afcc1.png

It's also a shame that we couldn't keep our best ever striker either.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Badge.jpg.a7db273baaf31562b1bb320ed30e95c8.jpg

SEASON 29 - 2050 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES  -  FIXTURES - FIXTURES - PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  - SQUAD 1 2

MANAGER PROFILE -  CHARACTERISTICS  -  ATTRIBUTES 

CLUB PROFILE  -  GENERAL  -  FACILITIES  -  HONOURS  -  FINANCES  -  TRANSFERS

LEAGUE CUP

Awful League Cup this year. Out at the group stage, losing 3 out of 5 games. The squad didn't return till the last game and so I had to use grey players again. Very frustrating!

LEAGUE

Another league win. 7 times we have now won the title. 

ICELANDIC CUP

A 9th cup meant that we had won the league and cup double. A great domestic season.

EUROPE

A really difficult group consisting of Man Utd, Lazio and Ajax. A 2-0 loss to Ajax was followed up with a 4-1 away win in Rome. One of our best ever performances. It proved to be our only points after 5 games though and as the season finished we were sat in 3rd place in the group with 1 game to play.

THE PLAYERS

Goalkeeper Gunnarsson has gone from strength to strength and is now established as the number 1. Benedikstsson also established himself a place in the first team, scoring 12 in 31 from the right. Einarsson had his breakthrough season and manged an impressive 22 goals in 26 starts at the age of 17 and Atli Laruson carried on as usual with 47 goals in just 30 games. He is a goal machine!

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Another decent intake producing yet another good goalkeeper. Some good squad players in this one that shopuld help bolster.

OFF THE FIELD

The stadium is to be expanded again. This time to 23,267.

Facilities.PNG.6e349186da43736727aef6ce6e542e17.PNG1290493406_PlayerInfo.PNG.abdedaa51c0896bdd61abda555e862b4.PNG545150585_SeasonInfo.PNG.2865330da2af158aa9ce19b20653f7ce.PNG

Edited by Shankly84

Badge.jpg.e36e5f2c86cd70762c687e1a990b21b5.jpg

SEASON 30 - 2051 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES  -  FIXTURES - FIXTURESPLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STAT -  COMPETITION REVIEW  - SQUAD 1 2

LEAGUE CUP

A much better performance this year, making it to the final, only to be beat on pens by Valur.

EUROPE CARRIED OVER

So we played the final Champions League game against Lazio and ran out 5-0 winners. This meant we were into the Europa League. In the first knockout round we met Udinese. A good 2-1 home win was followed up with a 3-2 win in Italy. Next up Arsenal. A narrow 3-2 defeat at home follwed by a respectable 2-2 away draw meant that we were out, JUST! A great effort though and definite improvement.

LEAGUE

Similar to last season, winners again with a similar points haul.

ICELANDIC CUP

A dissapointing defence of the cup going out on penalties to Keflavik at the quarter final stage.

EUROPE 2051

Progressed to the Champions League group stage again. This time we met Real Madrid, Man City and Rangers. An unlucky 3-2 home defeat to Real Madrid was followed up with a 4-0 tonking at Man City. 3-0 home and 4-1 away wins against Rangers meant that we were still handily placed as the season finished.

THE PLAYERS

Danielsson has worked his way into the team and Olafsson continued his good form. Einarsson went from strength to strength and Laruson was his usual self, bagging 51 in 36.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Not quite as good as recent intakes, but hopefully a few will get through.

OFF THE FIELD

Another stadium expansion!! This time to 30,739. 14 months of groundsharing with Valur though, whilst the works are carried out.

Facilities.PNG.6f89b0c940e94a3d1efebec96bda5b57.PNG1493777027_PlayerInfo.PNG.3741609a9f19e36189acb5935c1b30a1.PNG308680792_SeasonInfo.PNG.151c729e795132d67504f97106268e4d.PNG

Badge.jpg.336169e3ae91a9d7d5edcfae84f256d7.jpg

SEASON 31 - 2052 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES FIXTURES  -  FIXTURES -  PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  - SQUAD 1 2

LEAGUE CUP

Back to winning ways in the League Cup. This was our 5th win, beating Briedablik 5-2 in the final.

EUROPE CARRIED OVER

We came into the season with a chance of progressing from the Champions League group stage for the first time in opur history. A 7-0 defeat at Real Madrid put an end to that. We closed out with a 1-0 home defeat to City. Finishing 3rd, we dropped into the Europa again. In the first knockout stage we met Stuttgart. A fantastic 4-0 home win, followed by a 3-3 away draw meant that we were through comfortably. Next up was Eintracht Frankfurt. A dissapointing 3-1 home defeat, followed up by a 0-0 away, meant we were out. I was quite dissapionted at this as I thought we had what it takes to beat them over 2 legs.

LEAGUE

After 4 league wins in a row, the party was over. Not only did we give the title up, we fell away to 3rd place. Our worst league finish in 9 years.

ICELANDIC CUP

Awful in the cup as well. Out at the first hurdle to a lower league team who's name I cant even type out!

EUROPE

A tricky run in the qualifying rounds saw us defeat RB Salzburg and FSB along the way. The group stage drew us alongside Genk, Dortmund and Real Madrid again. We started out with a home win against Genk, followed by a 3-1 home defeat to Real Madrid. A credible 2-2 away draw in Dortmund was overshadowed by losing 4-3 at home to the same opponents. As with the previous season, we go into the new season with a chance of progressing from the group stage.

We now find ourselves in 30th place in the co-effiecents.

THE PLAYERS

Not too much to write home about this year. Prainn Arason broke into the first team and managed 9 goals in 37 with an average rating of 7.66. Atli Laruson did what he does and bagged 49 in 34 starts.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Pretty standard intake this year. Things seem to be settling down with the intakes at the moment.

OFF THE FIELD

We moved back into our stadium after the expansion works.

The Icelandic league is now the 16th most reputable in the world.

Facilities.PNG.6bb0147ad109fa4d46f29628849d9ce3.PNG1019500174_PlayerInfo.PNG.9cb2fd0b9aa8995c1612a96ecdcdf573.PNG616461331_SeasonInfo.PNG.73567dd907e23120aab1d7aff57fcd4d.PNG

Badge.jpg.8aba79de52e20788c74fd314eb04c857.jpg

SEASON 32 - 2053 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES  -  FIXTURES -  PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  - SQUAD 1 2

CLUB PROFILE  -  GENERAL  -  FACILITIES  -  HONOUR -  FINANCES  -  TRANSFERS 

LEAGUE CUP

Awful performance again, with the bug of no players being available again taking hold. Meant we lost 4 and drew 1, going out at the group stage.

EUROPE CARRIED OVER

Came into the season with the chance to qualify for the Champions League knockout stage. Blew our chance, losing 3-2 at Genk and the 1-0 at Real Madrid. We managed to finish 4th as well, so no Europa to fall back onto this year.

LEAGUE

Carried straight on from last year and slumped to a 3rd place finish again. Feels like a changing of the old guard at the moment with the squad.

ICELANDIC CUP

Out again at the first hurdle to lower league oppostion, to cap a really dissapointing season.

EUROPE

A decent set of draws saw us make the Europa group stage, where we were up against Sporting Lisbon, V. Plzen and Real Valladolid. A good 3-0 win over Sporting got the ball rolling but this was followed by a dissapointing defeat at Plzen. A 1-1 draw in Spain has been followed up with a good 3-1 win at home to have us sat in a handy position going into next season.

THE PLAYERS

Oliver Gudmunsson has established himself as the number 1 now, with the previous keeper moving on to CSKA Moscow for £3m. Asmundsson has now made the right back slot his own and Einarsson had another decent season. Atli Laruson played far less games as the new players come through. Prain Arason, alongside Einarsson managed 23 in 27. Einarsson also claimed the European Golden boy award.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Pretty similar to normal. A good striker coming through but the rest look like they will just make up the numbers.

Facilities.PNG.3e7d2f96e4d0ff9f37b601c598d60043.PNG442386554_PlayerInfo.PNG.16aba4957776567c8e475682e379cb6c.PNG1399535637_SeasonInfo.PNG.2f131ce998cea1082a066b9b8a63dc76.PNG

Posted (edited)

Ar%C3%B5es_Sport_Club.png

Arões Sport Club

Youth Intake 2021/2022

Being the genius that I am, I completely forgot to take a screenshot of the intake preview, but here they are

pio5FvF.png

Got two players with the exact same name, that is always fun. Also, random American!

COYEjkV.png

By far the best of the bunch, he is probably a starter next season. Needs to really grow physically, but does not look bad at all.

zEZclp2.png

Solid fullback depth right out of the bat.

vIIX3Vk.png

Depth down the middle, altough those defensive stats are atrocious

8CKyZLY.png

Backup Goalie for the next couple of seasons, I think

wNJO3qV.png

Going to be retrained as a LB option

b4DCmnh.png

Can play all across the back, not bad at all. Too bad that he's mediocre in every single spot, but depth!

Edited by Colossus

Posted (edited)

Badge.jpg.cb7b850ed10a75e8cf07b2e8590f1562.jpg

SEASON 33 - 2054 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES  -  FIXTURES -  FIXTURES PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  - SQUAD 1 2

LEAGUE CUP

Same as previous. Although we went out at the group stage, we put up a better fight.

EUROPE CARRIED OVER

A 5-3 away win at Sporting followed by a 3-0 home win to Plzen meant we progressed to the Europa Knockout stages, finishing top. Unfortunately we met Arsenal again and went down 2-1 away and 3-1 at home.

LEAGUE

A change of formation saw an improvement on the previous two seasons. It still wasn't enough though as we finished 2nd, getting pipped by Briedablik.

ICELANDIC CUP

We managed to get past the first stage this year. In fact we did much better than that, we won it for the 10th time, beating Briedablik 3-2 in the final

EUROPE

A couple of tricky ties in the qualifiers of the Europa Conference saw us get past Basaksehir and Angers of France. We had lost the Angers away game 2-1, but bounced back with a 6-0 home rout. In the group stage we faced SJK, Genoa and LASK. A 7-0 home win against SJK was followed up with an amazing 5-1 away win in Genoa. 4 points from the 2 LASK games has us sat top on 10 points with 2 games left to go.

THE PLAYERS

A much better season for the players, with a new crop forcing their way through. Heimar Mason has been consistant for years now and managed an impressive 7.51 av rating at centre back. Garry Reaney made the left back spot his own and Runar Olafson broke through in the newly needed DM role. Finley Barrett had his best season yet in midfield and Johan Bergmann competed for a starting place. Arason moved on to Liverpool for £4m making a spot available again for Atli Laruson, in a new CAM role. He still managed 30 goals in 29 starts. Asgeir Helgason found more game time, scoring 25 in 18 and Einarsson carried on with another 24 goals. Arnaldur Gunnleifsson had featured regulary in previous seasons, but this was his breakthrough season with 19 in 28 games. Einarsson was named World under 21 player of the year and Gunnleifsson won the European Golden Boy award.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

A decent intake. I have learnt that it is difficult to judge some of the lower rated players as a lot of my best players weren't necessarily the best players coming through according to their ratings. 

OFF THE FIELD

Off the field and we were expanding the stadium yet again. This time by 2,875 seats.

Facilities.PNG.bc8d01ee72e8510e09b50881c71a0818.PNG512903351_PlayerInfo.PNG.c479624ee2faac43f3b34956dd08173e.PNG

Season Info.PNG

Edited by Shankly84

UoIVlQp.png

Second season update.  League:

b9ttrzU.png

Players stats / Transfers

So we did much better in league than I expected. 8th spot and again in Playoffs. This time we lost to Sittard, who eventually promoted. We had a really bad run at the end..with 7 games in a row without a win and only 2 draws. We lost again in second round in the Cup, This time to our local rivals ADO. Overal two changes compared to last years first 11. VAN BERKEL started losing ability quite fast and was replaced at LB by VAN KOESVELD. And one of our regens from last year VAN DER MEULEN took his chance and at 16 year old won a starting spot that he has not yet lost. He plays ok but needs to be more influential, with only 4 assists this year. The rookie and the three rocks in the back have improved significally this season. SKOGEN and KLUITERS are close to being ok at Eredivisie level and sadly KLUITERS wants to leave to a bigger club. Hopefully I can keep him atleast 2...3 seasons.

We improved the Youth Coaching significally up to Excellent and Youth Recruitment to Averege. Hopefully we will see  even better youth intake in the future!

Stats so far:

uvuRj7E.png

Youth intake:

Predicted Youth intake

Actual:

GwiSzOj.png

Interesting intake. Three players with 4,5 start in potential. Also very diverse. I signed all except van Belzen and Jansen. I'm quite happy with it. VAN  SON looks like he can replace our star goaly VAN DER MAATEN in the future.  And EVERS and VAN DER SANDE are really needed in the attack. Hopefully next year brings in 2 Central Midfielders and a wing back and we  might build a team worthy of  promotion or atleast fighting for it.

The best three players:

o1k8PRi.png

The DJ! (has the same name as a famous Radio DJ in Netherlands)

5e51ps7.png

87onLj5.png

And for those who like extra stats: the youth intake based on city of birth so far:

bwBejCJ.png

Three younglings from Breda this year. Interesting that we still have to see a youth player from Den Haag!. Foreign additions this year: Denmark, Germany, Portugal and Morocco.

Let's see what next year will bring.

Arões Sport Club

Season Review 2021/2022

Campeonato de Portugal

Q0RxFLk.png

Fairly safe league campaign, shows some good signs for the future

Taça de Portugal

gCweWn5.png

Eliminated on the 2nd round to a team on the same tier, hopefully we get a little bit more of a run next year

Squad

S5g2zvV.png

Top 3 Performers

1: Paulo Freitas

8qWZ8T6.png

You look at his stats and that should tell you the whole story. He came up clutch is several important games and should still be the starter for the next couple of years

2: Gil Rodrigues

NW4IeUp.png

A veteran of the Portuguese lower tiers, he was our main attacking focus this year and will be missed next season

3: Nuno Vieira

hyse7nb.png

He came through our academy last year and was a feature in the midfield all season long. Probably not the best in terms of ratings, but the fact that he is already playing so much tells us all about his quality

Transfers

wkC7pco.png

Stats

Club General Stats

qXnw5PH.png

Youth Product Stats

udKJtNC.png

zPtdNsG.png

DBOxfpR.png

bpmKXVG.png

Seasonal Stats

NmGDICu.png

Manager Stats

bkW4ID1.png

Aachen Season 3 Youth Intake

81c02e4280c478ae8ae2b109b44eb102.png

Another intake without a good striker. Is there anyway of rectifying this ?

This is my current Head Of Youth Recruitment so maybe its something that he is doing that is causing me to have a lot of defensively good players but not many good strikers.

ba8479a5f9423343dc629bff20c40313.png

Anyway here are some of the best prospects this year.

Herbert Weigelt(YP17) - German Defensive Midfielder

de0e41fb4f0dd3bc72fb23824acf3354.png

John Omolade(YP18) - German Central Midfielder

8e3fabaac4eda1ed645b76e5910d98e4.png

Christopher Kickermann(YP19) - German Defensive Midfielder

1d500a57dd4f0ae8ead5afdebcb93840.png

Karsten Coenen(YP20) - German Central Defender

5e4e2cef5a935f4874e1a544f002eb6e.png

Kevin Epstein(YP21) - German Central Midfielder

b1c90c8b0426a39693cbdf21a9ce2234.png

manchesterfc.png

Season 2023/24 Review

Well an amazing season it was. I am not sure what was causing it - the change towards a more attacking 4-3-3, more quickness training, key players entering their prime years or using many more youths in order to let older one get more rest - probably all of it and quite some luck. Anyway, in the end we reached 7th place and the playoffs. There we lost to Wrexham 0-1, we played not well and Wrexham was anyway a team we always lose against.

Despite this I was very pleased with this season, encouraging signs everywhere. Will be hard to repeat it, but at least I know now its possible. Despite all this i will brace myself for a fight against relegation - morale can drop quickly and the struggle could start sooner then later.

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-20-00-07.92.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-22-48-08.10.png

Our key players havent changed again. Its the same i wrote last two seasons. This year although the younger players really stated to make good impressions in the first team:

Regan Linney - versatile and the only striker consistent at scoring

Luke Griffiths - consistent, good eye for building up the attack.

Dan Lavercomb - A reliant keepe

Finance (looking good, maybe i can get an improvement somewhere)

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-22-49-24.34.png

Squad:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-22-50-16.14.png

Analysis:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-22-57-22.46.png

Transfers:

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-23-07-00.20.png

Overview:

Screen-Shot-2021-05-09-22-53-54.61.png

Damnit, thanks to @Shankly84 I now have an unstoppable urge to play in Iceland again. So I will, with Njarðvík.

l9aXqAA.png

They actually have a pretty great youth setup (but a horribly small stadium!), so I hope I can traverse the Icelandic leagues rather quickly and have focus on Europe now.

tM4qbCB.png

32 minutes ago, XaW said:

Damnit, thanks to @Shankly84 I now have an unstoppable urge to play in Iceland again. So I will, with Njarðvík.

l9aXqAA.png

They actually have a pretty great youth setup (but a horribly small stadium!), so I hope I can traverse the Icelandic leagues rather quickly and have focus on Europe now.

tM4qbCB.png

Had two great seasons with them (posted here about them). The only thing i don't like in Iceland are the long winterbreaks  . In Gibraltar i have a shorter season but the winter and off season breaks are not that long.

One day i'll return to Iceland, good luck !

15 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Had two great seasons with them (posted here about them). The only thing i don't like in Iceland are the long winterbreaks  . In Gibraltar i have a shorter season but the winter and off season breaks are not that long.

One day i'll return to Iceland, good luck !

That's interesting. I might look at Gibraltar if I ever complete in Iceland.

I've had a 10 day break, played some other games, and am back on my save refreshed. That said, wtf is this?

wtf.PNG.4c4abe199bce9a1aaa53fc57d6c9ce84.PNG

I haven't bought a player in the 5 years I've been here, for goodness sake. All I did this summer was loan out a few youngsters to get game time.

Finally caught up on the thread after not reading for a few months some amazing progress going on. I've never been able to keep a youth only save stick after half a season or full season. Can't get that immersion that I'm after at the mo with FM. 

Anyone any tips on how to maintain the save. 

1 hour ago, Shankly84 said:

That's interesting. I might look at Gibraltar if I ever complete in Iceland.

Pro = u can arrange friendlies against teams from Spain or Africa and u need to do this because some months you only get one fixture.

Contra= This is the smallest European country and u can't use them in the youth only challenge because the second tier has no promotion (only youth teams + Hound dogs).

Just now, OlivierL said:

Pro = u can arrange friendlies against teams from Spain or Africa and u need to do this because some months you only get one fixture.

Contra= This is the smallest European country and u can't use them in the youth only challenge because the second tier has no promotion (only youth teams + Hound dogs).

Ah right. Fair enough.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, syemo said:

Finally caught up on the thread after not reading for a few months some amazing progress going on. I've never been able to keep a youth only save stick after half a season or full season. Can't get that immersion that I'm after at the mo with FM. 

Anyone any tips on how to maintain the save. 

I must admit I really struggled at times with my Iceland save and there has been times where I've not played in weeks. I think you've just gotta keep plodding at it. In the past, once I won the league I didn't look back domestically, but on this save it's still not certain that I even win the league each season (nevermind do well in Europe). So I think this has helped to keep things intersting for me. I'm hoping in the coming years I can finally get out the Champions League group stage and kick on.

Edited by Shankly84

i think persistence is the key, even though the seasons are long i might have another go in england. 

The challenge is hard in itself but is there a particular country that seems to be easier lol

I think that my 10th season in Serie A is going to be the last one that I will do for a while in Italy. I'm starting to want to do other nations and have already gotten eight different clubs lined up for myself.

5 minutes ago, syemo said:

i think persistence is the key, even though the seasons are long i might have another go in england. 

The challenge is hard in itself but is there a particular country that seems to be easier lol

I think that is one of the reasons why I chose Iceland, because I can get through the seaons pretty quick. Although sometimes it's frustrating as I could do with some more games to give players game time.

CD_Marchamalo.png

Marchamalo - End of Season - June 2027

Our form cooled off a bit after the 8-0-0 start, but we finished the year in the playoff spots and eventually secured promotion despite an injury to star winger Abel Limón (24c) during the final match of the regular season. Glad to have earned promotion in our first appearance in the playoffs and the goal for next season is to avoid relegation.

Spoiler

yI4M2G.jpg

Had a core first team this year, but we are struggling with depth. Luckily our schedule rarely involved midweek matches, so the players can handle the load.

Spoiler

szSICm.jpg

Finances took a turn for the worst this year as we began to give youth prospects professional deals in order to keep them at the club.

Spoiler

F5MbTo.jpg

Will have a detailed report of the first team XI in an upcoming post, but note that Abel Limón (24c) had an incredible year, setting the division record for assists.

bFkgOa.jpg

CD_Marchamalo.png

Marchamalo - Squad Update - June 2027

Goalkeepers

Spoiler

BdRq7F.jpg

Our only original player still at the club. Will have a future here since I have hired a fitness coach and two general coaches instead of a GK coach, meaning it is difficult for youth prospects in the position to develop. Our backup below does not really have a shot at developing as a result.

IQlFT3.jpg

Defenders

Spoiler

QR6cHB.jpg

Our starting D (R) has solid physicals and has developed into a serviceable player. Our wing backs always have low average ratings in the system, but I'm not too concerned. Especially since the two backups below have not developed enough to replace him.

M3nOVi.jpg

wLHzav.jpg

MhyFLX.jpg

Our starting D (L) has a very similar skillset to the right back, solid physicals, but not much technical ability due to being converted from D (C). Also a lesson to not only sign the top PA prospects from the intakes. My HOYD rated this guy as the 13th out of 16 players by PA. With a good personality, any sort of development is possible for lots of players, especially if their natural position is not the position they are best-suited to play. The backup is below.

DcMYoS.jpg

hovF7f.jpg

Our club captain and best defender came through in the first intake and has been a staple in the first team for the past 4 years. Locked him up to a long-term deal with a three-year extension a couple years ago.

1uRgro.jpg

Our second starting D (C) gets the nod over the backup below due to being right footed. A solid player overall.

ZJRQix.jpg

Midfielders

Spoiler

NYg9ap.jpg

The most talented M (C) plays as a Mezzala in our system and will probably be the star player at the club once Abel Limón (24c) leaves us for bigger and better things.

VKsLzN.jpg

Ktgdx8.jpg

The other M (C) spot as a DLP (D) rotates between these two players, both of whom came through in the first intake. Neither has really played to the standard we need, but there haven't been enough youth players coming through to displace them.

DEdgZG.jpg

Unfortunately, this player looks to be on the way out at the end of next year as he refuses to sign a new deal at the moment. Has been an excellent goal scorer playing as a AM (A).

Forwards

Spoiler

FqS1HE.jpg

By far the most talented player had a productive season with 13 goals and 22 assists. His youth contract expires at the end of next season, but is wanted by 12 clubs at the moment, so I'm preparing to lose him this summer.

Jsjpql.jpg

His replacement will be this Gibraltarian with tons of potential and a great personality. Will change up the formation to use an IW (A) instead of a W (A) if he has to start.

JgjLNK.jpg

On the right side, this player formed the 2nd part of our three headed attack. Decent technicals, but relies on his speed in this league. Will see if he can make the step up against better opposition.

y5R0lx.jpg

Finally, our striker is excellent at creating his own opportunities playing as a lone DLF (A). Would not notice his 7 finishing in games as he has 45 career goals in 97 career league appearances.

Posted (edited)

Badge.jpg.62957cadca37507c1b3f289071227c4b.jpg

SEASON 35 - 2056 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES  -  FIXTURES - FIXTURES -  PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  - SQUAD 1 2

LEAGUE CUP

All the way to the final again only to be beaten on pens by Briedablik.

EUROPE CARRIED OVER

After winning Euro Cup II and easing through the Europa group stage, I was hoping we'd be able to have a good go at that as well. A favourable draw against Sparta Prague made our exit even more frustrating. A 1-1 draw in the Czech republic was followed up with a dissapointing 2-2 home draw. We was out on away goals.

LEAGUE

With 2 games left we were in the driving seat on goal difference. A poor 2-0 home defeat to Valur handed the title back to Briedablik.

ICELANDIC CUP

Briedablik ruined the whole domestic season. To top of the two other defeats we were knocked out the cup at the semi-final stage by them as well.

EUROPE

Back in the big one and it was Tottenham, Inter and Olympiacos this year. We started off brilliantly with a 2-1 away win in Greece followed by a 1-0 win over Tottenham at home. Our third game and going into injury time we were 1-0 up to Inter. We just couldn't hold out though and they pinched a 1-1. It was a different game in Italy, as we went down 5-2. This was followed up with a 6-1 home win over Olympiacos, meaning it's all down to the Tottenham game at the start of next season.

THE PLAYERS

Despite the lack of trophies, I feel like this team is really growing now. Gudmundsson is now 21 and capped 5 times by Iceland. Omar Gudjohnsson, also 21, is a more than adequate backup. At centre back Arason has made one of the spots his own at just 17 years old. Olafsson is progressing well and is now attracting interest from PSG. Blaengsson had his breakthrough season and managed an average rating of 7.31 in 24 games. Up front and Helgason weighed in with another 33 goals, Einarsson 28 goals and Gunnlefsson 28 as well. Tryggvason managed 9 in 16 when deputising.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

A really good intake with a few players that I've got my eye on.

Facilities.PNG.26e43618c21d5105300c24c5d0702530.PNG619689472_PlayerInfo.PNG.0ba75d4bac3be764a2728bb8a135972c.PNG738769835_SeasonInfo.PNG.69afe9191317f53ba2021ff49a356dbf.PNG

Edited by Shankly84

utX3kH.jpg

It's been 4 years since there has been an intake to get excited about, hope this one comes through as promised. Would be even better if that Argentinian lef winger has potential since we have not been able to replace the production of Abel Limón (24c) this year.

Lög UMFN | Ungmennafélag Njarðvíkur

Ungmennafélag Njarðvíkur - Season 2022 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

I had forgotten how fast the seasons in Iceland go, but this was a good one! I think this club start out with a very good squad, and also great facilities, so it should be easier initially than many of the other clubs I've chosen before. And it was, actually. We were fighting in the top the whole season through, and in the end we won it ahead of Fjölnir. So we are going up and will compete in the top tier next season already. We are losing money quite rapidly though, so we do need to bring in more money to keep the club at this level.

In the Deildabikar we won our group ahead of Akraness, Leiknir R., FH, Akureyrar, and Vestri to go through. Then we lost to Víkingur R. in the semi final.

In the Bikarkeppni we beat Afturelding, Magni, ÍBV, and Vestri before losing to KR in the semi final.

Youth

A pretty good intake preview.

rciZcc5.png

And the intake was also quite good, and we can finally fill out the bench if we have injuries!

YGQ6eJ0.png

This kid looks like the best of them, and should be a very nice defender for us.

oOHEWRL.png

Statistics:

Spoiler

Mostly local players, and a random Colombian because why not?

WXnagMf.png

3KtfkTZ.png

U19s:

They won the Icelandic U19 Division C and got promoted.

Record Breakers:

Most goals in a season: Helgi Þór Jónsson - 25
Most league goals in a season: Helgi Þór Jónsson - 19
Most goals in a match: Helgi Þór Jónsson - 4
Most goals in a league match: Helgi Þór Jónsson - 4
Most assists in a season: Sean de Silva - 18
Most clean sheets in a season: Hrannar Hlíðdal - 10
Most player of the match awards: Tómas Óskarsson - 5
Worst discipline: Einar Orri Einarsson - 12 yellow, 0 red
Most league apps overall: Andri Fannar Freysson - 178
Most league goals overall: Andri Fannar Freysson - 43
Youngest player: Magnús Steingrímsson 22d - 15 years, 274 days
Oldest player: Rúnar Gissurarson - 35 years, 213 days
Fastest goal: Helgi Þór Jónsson - 2 minutes, 4 seconds
Youngest goalscorer: Ólafur Bjarni Hákonarson - 22 years, 11 days
Oldest goalscorer: Einar Orri Einarsson - 32 years, 269 days

Trophy cabinet:

Inkasso-deild karla - 1 (2022)

Icelandic U19 Division C - 1 (2022)

08NTsSW.png

Arões Sport Club

Youth Intake 2022/2023

6JEbFlM.png

Well, that certaintly looks promising...

eMSNsv8.png

Not as bad as I was expecting, to be honest. But still not great

Th73A0w.jpg

Solid, not great, will provide some depth in the midfield

3K5VPWy.jpg

Given that I am not using wingers, probably going to be retraining as a Right Back

VQSHiGJ.jpg

Solid CB, needs to improve in the air

7n8HMQJ.jpg

Were it not for the pace and driblling, he would probably be a starter next year

l1o9kEw.jpg

Out of the two GKs, he is the one that looks the best

Arões Sport Club

Season Review 2022/2023

Transfers | Squad | Finances

Campeonato de Portugal

0g0HaBG.png

2 less points than last year, but we did improve when it came to goals scored.

Taça de Portugal

lmW7mCH.png

Made it to the 3rd round, got eliminated by a team on the 1st tier. Not a bad run

Top Performers

1: Paulo Freitas

Q7jmKcS.jpg

Once again our best player is our goalie, but we do have some bad news. He will be retiring at the end of the season.

2: Francisco Costa

pieOkfa.jpg

Winger turned striker, he did his best job to make us forget all about Gil Rodrigues. Hopefully he keeps his form heading into next season

3: Armando Araujo

OBcPBjl.jpg

The star of last years intake, he showed that he can go right ahead and play in the 1st team, as expected.

Stats

General Club Stats

KI4Rx91.png

Youth Products

tZrAHZE.png

kVgJAG2.png

ouE6WzD.png

CxMQngt.png

Season Stats

YDcE2oX.png

Manager Stats

XTHfi0X.png

I've somewhat belatedly started an attempt at this, and decided to take Worthing as I used to live there and they were done out of a first promotion to Tier 6 by Covid. The problem I have is that there's only one GK in the entire squad, and he was in the U23s, so what's the rule if he gets injured or sold? The OP says no loans or grey players, so would I have to retrain an outfield player? Also, my entire squad size is only 22, and 7 of those are on Non-Contract terms but are transfer-listed (not by me) and I can't seem to change their transfer status, and they won't sign terms because of being listed, any ideas why?

2021-05-10 05_33_39-Football Manager 2021.png

2021-05-10 06_44_57-Football Manager 2021.png

Youth Candidates

Season 2025/26

Unió Esportiva Extremenya

UE Extremenya - Wikipedia

The preview was terrific:

pZXQ17u.png

When the players arrived, I was delighted.  Some absolute gems here:

HAn4Ka2.png

rAO42Xt.png

wJMgcQ9.png

BKBuAib.png

8 hours ago, VinnyChilds said:

I've somewhat belatedly started an attempt at this, and decided to take Worthing as I used to live there and they were done out of a first promotion to Tier 6 by Covid. The problem I have is that there's only one GK in the entire squad, and he was in the U23s, so what's the rule if he gets injured or sold? The OP says no loans or grey players, so would I have to retrain an outfield player? Also, my entire squad size is only 22, and 7 of those are on Non-Contract terms but are transfer-listed (not by me) and I can't seem to change their transfer status, and they won't sign terms because of being listed, any ideas why?

That's the name and game of this challenge, if he is sold or injured, you have an issue! At least until the youth intake comes along in Feb/Mar...

The last part is a bug I've seen reported earlier, but doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

image.png.f0ac27d4200993f06f0b95c92d62de78.png

ACN Siena 1904 - 2042/43 Season Preview

1665036751_SeasonPreview010742.png.5411c43c7bca72966a915c7c996d1d95.png

In what is going to be my last season with Siena before I take a break and start another Youth Academy Challenge save in another country, we are predicted to finish in 17th place when the 1st of July 2042 arrived. Since then we have dropped to 19th place. It's a shame that's a thing, but what can you do?

864046896_AffiliateClubs051042.png.7b653ff3658cfa1bd530bc4113219c32.png

In other words, I think we've maxed out the number of affiliates we can have, for the board is no longer accepting affiliates for the club. At least I have plenty of countries to send my players to and to pinch players for my youth intakes.

You are allowed to use grey players but not sign them.

If your only goalkeeper is injured, the game generates a grey player for the match day. Same applies to other positions too, I think.

I've had to use grey subs due to having an injury crisis in the goalkeeping position before now. I don't think you can even sign the grey players, can you?

5 minutes ago, Proffa said:

You are allowed to use grey players but not sign them.

If your only goalkeeper is injured, the game generates a grey player for the match day. Same applies to other positions too, I think.

2 minutes ago, JLAB said:

I've had to use grey subs due to having an injury crisis in the goalkeeping position before now. I don't think you can even sign the grey players, can you?

Technically, you are not allowed to use greys unless you have to fill out your first 11 to actually start a game. I expect a few to use greys in general, but since there is no way to know for sure, there's a bit of leniency on that part. Personally, I don't use greys, and I've used a goalkeeper as a right back for almost a whole season before (since I had 12 players and two were goalkeepers and I had a major injury early on).

It's clearly against the rules to actually SIGN the greys though, that's not a grey area (pun intended).

kn5WjrT.png

Season Three!

AISr0re.png

Player Stats / Transfers

Decent season,  no real improvement. 7th spot but with same amount of points as last year.  We scored 12 goals less and our defence failed a few more times so that is worrying. This year in Playoffs we lost to NEC Nijmegen. VAN DER MAATEN still very solid in the goal  with avg. rating of 7,21. A-KUM  had also a great season with 22 goals and avg. rating of 7,08. We ware a but too dependent of him. our first year regen VAN DER MEULEN is progressing very well. Went up from 2 stars to 3,5 this year! He's now our best midfielder. Also he starts to play better and become more influential with 2 goals and 7 assists.

In the Cup we got destroyed 6-1 away at Ajax  in the second round. That was painfull to watch.

Also news that we have a big brother! A Partnership with AJAX. They did not loan anyone to us.

k8yi4yA.png

tgPuN1z.png

Season tickets and average attendance are growing.  Also I managed to get Youth Coaching up to Exceptional and Recruitment to Good so hopefully even better regens will join us. We are losing cash...so we need to promote within 3 seasons or we will go broke I fear.

Youth intake:

Predicted Youth intake

8l0mtn5.png

Great intake! I signed everyone for the first time. Especially happy with ADENIE as we lacked midfielders. KARTAL  will also come in handy as we need a left back sooner rather than later so I might retrain him. KNUDSEN shows promise and will also be retrained as I do not use wingers.

so the best three of the bunch:

EYGvGNq.png

bTgNP9o.png

AaLZSNM.png

and our Youth data...I added an overview for second nationalities as we got alot this year. With interesting one being Hungary.

Youth players and where they ware born:

r8eVEsu.png

Second Nationalities of dutch born players:

y4sPqmO.png

12 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

Small  question: I  got partnership with Ajax now...what do  I do if they loan someone out to me, am I allowed within the challange to play him?

You wouldn't be able to play him, no.

15 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

Small  question: I  got partnership with Ajax now...what do  I do if they loan someone out to me, am I allowed within the challange to play him?

No, cancel all loans of possible, if it's not possible to cancel, then he cannot play in any match, not be used for mentoring or anything. Just rot in the reserves until he leaves.

End of Season Review

Season 2025/26

Unió Esportiva Extremenya

UE Extremenya - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A very disappointing season where our inconsistent performances resulted in no title challenge this year.

Season Details

Europa Conference League - We once again made it through to the second qualifying round though this time we were hammered by Danish side Brondby, 8-2 on aggregate.

League Table - A third place finish represents a step back from last season.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - An eight game winless run from November through to February ended any hopes we had of a title challenge.

Copa Constitució - We reached our first ever cup final where we played league runners up F. C. Santa Coloma.  The match went to penalties but it wasn't to be as we lost four three after a one all draw.

Pre Season Friendlies - With twelve wins and just the one defeat, it is safe to say pre season went well.

Squad - With such a good intake, our depth has improved considerably.

Squad Dynamics - Exceptional.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - A fantastic intake with at least six players who will go straight into the first team squad.  Right winger José Ferreira YP26D20 looking like a sensational prospect.

Finances - The European monies have enabled our bank balance to grow.

Key Players

Elie Baud - Another great season from our best player.

António Silva - An excellent goalscoring season from central midfield.

Daniel Carmona - A good enough season as the midfield partner of António Silva.

Ismael Rodríguez - Another solid season from the forward though he is now under real pressure to retain his place in the starting eleven.

Samuel Martínez - The centre back was found wanting at times this season.

Next Season

A title challenge would be great.

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22   Minimal = (0.50*) ↑  None =               4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑
2022/23   Minimal = (1.00*) ↑  National A ↑↑↑       7 ↑   7 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑  16 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑
2023/24   Minimal = (1.00*) =  National A =         8 ↑   8 ↑   3 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  20 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑
2024/25   Minimal = (1.25*) ↑  Continental C ↑     10 ↑  11 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   9 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  20 =  11 ↑  14 ↑
2025/26   Minimal = (1.00*) ↓  Continental A ↑↑    10 =  11 =   4 =   1 =   1 =   1 =  11 =  11 =  11 =   8 =   1  =  9 =   8 =   9 =  20 =  12 ↑  15 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Adequate              None             None               Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =
2023/24    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =
2024/25    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            Average ↑↑↑      Adequate ↑↑↑       Local = (0.50*) =
2025/26    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            Good ↑           Good ↑             Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%
2022/23      30        14        5       11          59              47                 +12              46.66% ↓
2023/24      30        15        5       10          58              42                 +16              50.00% ↑
2024/25      32        17        8        7          72              48                 +24              53.13% ↑
2025/26      35        15        7       13          72              64                  +8              42.86% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%             322 days
2022/23          53        31        8       14         117              70                 +47              58.49% ↓           693 days
2023/24          83        46       13       24         175             112                 +63              55.42% ↓         1,065 days
2024/25         115        63       21       31         247             160                 +87              54.78% ↓         1,429 days
2025/26         150        78       28       44         319             224                 +95              52.00% ↓         1,806 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Lliga Biosphere

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Lliga Biosphere (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Copa Constitució                    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Lliga Biosphere                       1st              N/a                          Promoted as champions.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Lliga Multisegur Assegurances         3rd ↑     Semi final ↑                        Qualified for the Europa Conference League.
2023/24           N/a               N/a         First qualifying round               Lliga Multisegur Assegurances         3rd =     Eighth final ↓                      Qualified for the Europa Conference League.
2024/25           N/a               N/a         Second qualifying round ↑            Lliga Multisegur Assegurances         2nd ↑     Eighth final =                      Qualified for the Europa Conference League.
2025/26           N/a               N/a         Second qualifying round =            Lliga Multisegur Assegurances         3rd ↓     Runners up ↑                        Qualified for the Europa Conference League.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                         Cumulative Number of Appearances
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                         0
2022/23    No one                                         0
2023/24    No one                                         0
2024/25    Javier Rodríguez YP25C3                        6
2025/26    Javier Rodríguez YP25C3                       37

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                 0
2022/23    No one                                 0
2023/24    No one                                 0
2024/25    No one                                 0
2025/26    Afonso Leal YP25I9                     3
           Javier Rodríguez YP25C3                3

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0
2022/23    No one                                  0
2023/24    No one                                  0
2024/25    Paco Berenguer YP25A1                   1
2025/26    Paco Berenguer YP25A1                   8

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0
2022/23    No one                                     0
2023/24    No one                                     0
2024/25    No one                                     0
2025/26    No one                                     0