The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

0ZI4Dqu.png

FC Novokuznetsk - Season 2030/31 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers  | Finances

We stayed in Group 1 and had a much better showing that we've ever had at this level. It was still quite far away from fighting for a promotion, but it's still a major improvement. I had quite a big revamp of the squad this season and threw away some of the older players who have not improved as much as I had hoped for and brought in more of the real youngsters, and it seems to have worked out well. Now, we have to establish us as someone who fights a bit higher up the table.

In the Kubok Rossii we beat Sibiryak, Khimik Dzerzhinsk and Volga Uljanovsk to reach the group stage. There we finished 3rd behind Mordoviy and Zvezda Perm and got knocked out.

Youth

The preview looked really good.

LVTkhPe.png

Not as good as I had hoped, but still a quite good intake.

mYuqs4b.png

Murat Tsygankov 31e is a very good playmaker for this level.

1kjLQHZ.png

U21s:

They only played friendlies.

U18s:

They finished 2nd in the Russian U18 Division - Moskovskaya oblast Group 9 again and got knocked out.

Statistics:

Spoiler

Finland is now added to the list.

QgI22fi.png

d2w3KIs.png

Record Breakers:

Most league apps overall: Mukhamed Kodzokov - 239

Trophy cabinet:

Empty

LajXpoJ.png

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had a takeover and the new Owner has placed bids for two players. I have managed to cancel one deal but unable to cancel the other. What is the advice when this happens please?

Edit; He turned the contract down. All is normal

Edited by steve.rush

2 minutes ago, steve.rush said:

We have had a takeover and the new Owner has placed bids for two players. I have managed to cancel one deal but unable to cancel the other. What is the advice when this happens please?

Cancel if you can, otherwise, post a screenshot showing that they were bought by the new owner. Also, they are not allowed to play or mentor anyone. Place them in the reserves and sell them asap. They are of course not allowed to play any games at all.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Cancel if you can, otherwise, post a screenshot showing that they were bought by the new owner. Also, they are not allowed to play or mentor anyone. Place them in the reserves and sell them asap. They are of course not allowed to play any games at all.

Thanks.

All is good. He turned down the contract

Started well second season, got excited, and now gone back to midtable obscurity :D At a point where I don't know if I need to change tactics or if I'm actually doing decent considering we're predicted relegation.

Just something as well I didn't turn off the editor by mistake so have already broken the rules, I'm invested now though so gonna stick with it, but I know this means I won't have officially done the challenge.

Marchamalo - Youth Intake - April 2023

CD_Marchamalo.png

Branded as a 'golden generation', I had high hopes for this. Unsure whether it is overall better than last year however. The HOYD did great work once again, directly influencing one Fairly Professional and one Professional talent. Unfortunately, the latter does not have very high PA currently. Overall 1 Resilient, 1 Driven, 1 Professional, 3 Fairly Professional is a good haul.

Spoiler

aN74Cn.jpg

Spoiler

UAQyaw.jpg

Pedro (23a) is the pick of the bunch in terms of PA. I like the Resilient personality, although it does not reveal his professionality at all. Will train him as a D (C) since we already have two D (R) from last intake breaking into the first team.

Spoiler

0RfUKj.jpg

Glad to have Julián Haro (23b) since last intake did not produce any first team quality wingers. 14 acceleration and 11 pace at age 15 is very promising, even if he is only 5'6". Already has the necessary stats to get some playing time at AM (R) and will only develop further with a Fairly Professional personality.

Spoiler

m7Thxr.jpg

With José Ángel Carrasco (23e) joining the club, we now have at least four potential first team D (C). Driven personality is promising, we'll see if he can break into the first team due to solid physical attributes already.

Spoiler

wWkUbr.jpg

Yet another D (C) (really can we retrain one as a striker or something), Roberto Ortega (23m) is the first trainee to have a Professional personality. He is too small to break into our first team as a D (C), so he will be either retrained as a D (L) or a BWM (D). Depends what spot is more needed.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Well done on reaching the PL, @darren1983. Guess your finances are secured forever now! :D

You'd hope so! :D 

Looked at the projection and it looks like 60m by the end of next season, which will mean we can get some proper work done on the training ground and the youth academy to the top level. 

947156781_Anadialinkterminated.png.ca4dd05c5f466bb324d3ac0a0daebb8a.png

Oh no! My link with Anadia got terminated, despite the fact they gave me one of the best Portuguese newgens possible in Cláudio Paulino.

2063658730_PartnershipwithAcadmicaCoimbraconfirmed.png.6c6449872e1bca75ea6e7a91a279ed96.png

Though being given a link with Académica Coimbra made up for it.

1450871550_BoardagreetonegotiateexistinglinkwithAcadmicaCoimbra.png.ba205ee76d0547e438dd60ff32774e4b.png

Especially when I was able to convince them to add this little clause to the partnership. Happy days.

0ZI4Dqu.png

FC Novokuznetsk - Season 2031/32 Review

We had another good season and we have started to establish ourselves a bit higher up the table. I have no idea how we are going to improve enough to get promoted, but we keep going and hope.

In the Kubok Rossii we beat Sokol Saratov before losing to Kvant in the 3rd round.

Youth

I think this is probably the best preview I've ever seen!

kwqc5jw.png

Not bad, but based on that amazing preview, I'm a bit disappointed.

Go4tc4k.png

Sergey Pavlenko 32b is a very good wing back, but I'm going to pull him back to a full back.

qYsM99S.png

U21s:

U18s:

They finished 4th in the Russian U18 Division - Moskovskaya oblast Group 9 and got knocked out.

Statistics:

Spoiler

Kazakhstan added to the list of countries.

8zgsFq4.png

JfRWH2l.png

Record Breakers:

Most league apps overall: Mukhamed Kodzokov - 256
Youngest player: Denis Tkachenko 32c - 15 years, 100 days

Trophy cabinet:

Empty

XkPCpAq.png

Berliner FC Dynamo

BFC Dynamo
End of season review 2026/2027

League table | Competitions overview | Finances | Facilities | Transfers | Youth intake

What. A. Season! In our 5th season in the 2. Bundesliga, we finally became the best team of the league!  We are the CHAMPIONS!!

It was a really, really good season. The whole season long we were one of the best teams of the league, together with Bochum, Kiel and Augsburg. But where Augsburg lost a lot of matches in the lase fase of the season, we kept on winning most of our matches. So with a difference of 7 points we became champion of 2. Bundesliga !! And to realise this with this club is an amazing feeling. The progress of the club is fantastic. When I took over this club there was almost nothing: only 17 players, no youth players, very basic facilities. And look at us now, only six years later: excellent facilities, a fantastic youth team, some really nice talents in our first team. And we are ready for the Bundesliga, oh yes we are! It's going to be a real fight to stay in the Bundesliga next season, but we are ready for it.
SjlHvdw.png
qB3bPhm.png
gEwKBL1.png

Youth intake

The preview was very promising. A lot of greens, and just 3 yellows. But I was a bit dissapointed with the intake itself. Some nice talents for sure, but not where I was hoping for. And with some bad personalities it feels a bit like a dissapointing intake.

p1ARpPWl.png
sXFk6nF.png
wfpddgB.png
These are the best players from this intake. Geissler 27a is rated as the best one of this intake. But with "Low Determination" as his personality, I don't have very high hopes for him to become a first team player. Hopefully some mentoring will change this.
The same with Hoffmann 27b. I really need a good leftback as a backup for Todt 22e, but he need some mentoring as well.
Byew43Vh.pngGnw4VD8h.png
ADjSaIsh.png
iVoG3uLh.png
87inpprh.pngnEwnCsXh.png

First team
Best player this season was Ibrahim Arim 23a. He is also the most valuable player of the squad. Some very respectful teams were interested in him, but he recently signed a new contract. Stein 25l also had a very good season, and the best player of '26 Intake, Halili 26a, also played a lot of matches and is developing really well in his Libero-role in our strikerless tactic.
I'll show a screenshot of our current firt team players.
GK: Damian Schobert
DCR: Laurit Ramosaj 24j
DC:  Fabian Ott 22a
DCL: Murad Məmmədov 22d
WBR: Benjamin Bretschneider 24a
WBL: Ansgar Todt 22e
MC: Markus Feil
MC: Bilal Koçak 23c
AMC: Philipp Stein 25l
AMC: İbrahim Arım 23a
AMC: Christian Richter-Walke 25d

And these are some of the best youngsters on the bench:
Denis Hajdarević 25a
Emir Halili 26a
Nicolas Pütz 24e
Raimondo Demontis 24g
Vladimir Mihalik 25h
Peter Grassow 24f
Mirza Catic 26c

GINV1Jt.png

34 minutes ago, XaW said:

I don't know how many takeovers I'd had so far, but it's a lot!

CzMTetI.png

So, the takeover went through, and they "want to make a difference"!

uo7Gleu.png

So, they've pumped in a massive amount of money? Cleared the debt? New facilities? Something?

Ddlgfs3.png

Are you kidding me???? :seagull:

image.png.8d199c8fa414125b03a1bb3558719428.png

Sannois SG 2039-2040

We were very much in the European mix for most of the season but had some patchy form towards the end and missed out.

I have since had notification that we qualified for the Euro Cup II next year but I'm not sure if that's true or not? :confused:

image.thumb.png.cc75fb73c943799ad185a13eebe07538.png

An easy away victory in the French Cup Ninth Round was followed up by a defeat on penalties away to AS Saint-Etienne in the Tenth Round.

image.png.4de9566d3cd13cd119abecde8460f538.png

Filippo Gavalas 30a led the once again with the goals with Eric Lefebvre 36b the main provider.

Polish International Slawomir Michor 35d along with Mael Renaud 31b are our best talents.

image.thumb.png.bb82d4b0cea25a8833ce6ccfc7b75234.png

image.png.fc5050ee6a6d2e0bcf938117ed488d5d.png

image.png.bf4039e08df18d7f48633056c7def756.png

image.png.0bd950e26427a85479df4193de13bef0.png

image.png.aa5255e4b7164590f710eb4515ca46ea.png

We say goodbye to Ahmed Al-Thani 24g. 111 caps for Qatar, he was a great servant to the club.

image.thumb.png.ec9c2bc69410a90bdcf1975506974095.png

Time to push on. We have an excellent squad of players, finances are healthy and facilities are maxed out.

image.png.3a9de09c02ba37c2b8c420f70510ea4e.png

29 minutes ago, XaW said:

So, the takeover went through, and they "want to make a difference"!

uo7Gleu.png

So, they've pumped in a massive amount of money? Cleared the debt? New facilities? Something?

Ddlgfs3.png

Are you kidding me???? :seagull:

The classic :lol:

image.png.055b344342e49ff82e41d1ac17e43aad.png

SC Freamunde

Season 14 - 2034/2035

Transfers - Past Positions - Best XI - Finances

72ac67ddccaa5ed5c6a97ef42e9680b8.png

Season Summary - 1st - Promoted as Champions!

Ended last year asking for no second season syndrome, got an absolute shocker of a promotion as we won our first title with the club after 14 years. The season began brilliantly, as between the League Cup and the league we won our first 9 games of the season. Things then naturally became more inconsitstent but we were able to remain on top for a while. Eventually Estoril did take over first place but we were never more than 5 points behind them. 

As the season approached its end, we found ourselves 2 points behind Estoril with 3 games to go. Santa Clara still had a chance to catch up to us, being 8 points behind. To add to everything, we played Estoril in the second to last game. Naturally, we lost to relegation threatened Arouca with Estoril drawing and Santa Clara winning. If we lost against Estoril, promotion itself, not just the title, would be in doubt. If we won, we would take first place based on our head-to-head record. And the boys showed up, getting us a 2-0 victory that guranteed promotion before winning our last game to claim the title as well. Could not be prouder of the boys, top-scorers in the league with 72. 

In the League Cup we got eliminated in the group stage after making it through the two preliminary rounds. In the Portuguese Cup we got humuliatingly defeated by Third Division side Beira-Mar in the second round. 

Off the Field

The facilities are rushing towards being in the red so did not make any new investments this season. However, with promotion I expect to finally be able to support our own finances and not depend on big future transfer fees. 

Talking about transfers, we agreed to sell super-star Gustavo Campos - YP10a to Benfica for 8M and a 50% of next fee. Will be heavily missed next season but his contract was expiring in a year and he was not interested in talking about a new deal so I think a record sale will do just as well. 

Lastly, with a first title finally secured I became a Club Icon! Hoping the likely relegation next year doesn't change the fans' opinion of me too much :D

Prospects worth Noting 

Gustavo Gomes - YP1k (ST/AML/AMR) - Another season, another mention of our legendary captain. 'Only' managing 15 goals this year, he had his best season in terms of assists with 10. Dreading the day the pace of the 29 year old begins to dissapear. 

Joaquim Sousa - YP9d (ST/AMR/AMC/MR) - With the change in formation to a 4-4-2, Sousa became a starter at last and made the most of it. 26 goals and 5 assists in total, he was also the League's Golden Boot winner with 23, setting a record for the division in the process. Wether he can adapt to the Premier League will be a key indicator of our survival chances next year. 

Roberto Firmino - YP9e (DC) - The reason we were able to go to 4 at the back was him. Playing a stopper in the center of defense, he provided the team with amazing solidity as he became the first defender in atleast 6 or 7 years to earn a 7.0+ average rating.  

Gustavo Campos - YP10a (AMR/MR/AML) - Insane season from the right winger, with 13 goals and 12 assists to his name convincing Benfica to splash the cash on him. Really going to miss his match-changing dribbles next year, but wish him the best (and not just cause I want a juicy future transfer :P )

Jose Fernando Seixas - YP10b (GK) - Got lucky that the previous starting keeper got injured before the first game of the season, but a debut penalty save and all-round great performances earned him the starting spot. With him already at a Premier League level, we'll need him in good form to stand a chance.

Youth Intake

c00ddd739d9cd360e3c642dab6ceaf27.png

Honestly, pretty dissappointing intake were the 5 tags were me being lenient. Segio Ochsner - YP14a does looks like an incredible attacking full-back. Will look to change HOYD in the summer but if nothing better is out there will stay with the current guy.

Next Season

Fight to stay up although I expect to be absolutely trounced. Struggling to decide if I should stay with my 4-4-2 tactic that got me promoted or change back to the 5-4-1 tactic that gave me solidity two seasons ago. Important questions for the summer. 

37 minutes ago, hubwub said:

@steve.rushWho won Coupe de la Ligue? If the Champion or somebody with already a CL or Europa League spot got it, then you get into EC2 aka UEFA Europa Conference League.

Montpellier won the cup. They finished mid table. 

The message came up in my inbox that we qualified but I'm not so sure. Think we just miss out

Edited by steve.rush

Just about to start third season, lower position and less points in second year. Started doing far too much tinkering and think it hurt the performances, just gonna stick with my usual tactic for now especially given the squad is still expecting to fight relegation but I've got to midtable. Couple key players retiring as well so I've not got massively high hopes for this year either.

However, a fortunate cup draw helped with healthy finances as we got to the 3rd round and played Newcastle away, so got to upgrade the junior coaching and youth recruitment again and got a couple of promising players coming through. If they develop exceptionally quickly I might get a bit higher but I think 4th season is more likely.

Season League Position FA Cup FAT/EFL Other Youth Facilities Training Facilities Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment Goals Assists Average Rating
2021-2022 VNL North 13th - 66 points 2nd Rnd FAT 3rd R NA Basic Basic Average Fairly Basic Luke Benbow 27 (20 league) Scott McManus 19 (16 league) William Edjenguele 6.97
2022-2023 VNL North 14th - 60 points 3rd Rnd FAT 4th R NA Basic Basic Adequate Adequate Luke Benbow 23 (18 league) Scott McManus 16 (14 league) Ethan Stewart 7.00

image.png.ee8cf9c98f1ebe7c5119322e6f16266b.png

ACN Siena 1904 - 2039/40 Season Preview

100251341_SeasonPreview010739.png.273f359dd6d8822adc6bc04c421c23cb.png1724580253_SeasonPreview210839.png.3411fa4f5965d878915b8150d6ccafbd.png

So our season preview looks like something that both gives me hope and drives fear into me. We need to be doing well on a consistent basis this season, but if I get a run of fixtures where I take on a lot of the big teams in a row, then I fear that things could go very badly, very quickly. Here's hoping that our first season with European football doesn't cause us to have to worry about a relegation fight.

Marchamalo - End of Season - June 2023

CD_Marchamalo.png

Last year the board wanted a top half finish, thankfully this year they were content with avoiding a relegation battle. Regardless, we still got partially tied up in that battle. Job security is thin at the moment, but finally the board gave up on the club vision to "sign young players for the first team."

Spoiler

prgkTV.jpg

Finished 14th place in the league, six points ahead of relegation. We are really struggling to score goals, so an attacking focused intake next year would go a long way. Although the intakes in Spain are at the end of April, meaning we only have one or two matches left in the season by that point. It is lining up to be another relegation scrap next year, and the board expects me to merely "fight bravely against relegation."

Spoiler

HZ9Jh1.jpg

Was able to stabilize finances this year by cutting some of the larger contracts. Can't see us making a profit before a promotion however, as we cannot go much lower in wage expenditure and the youth will get professional deals eventually.

Spoiler

ecd4Zt.jpg

Tough year with no player getting double digit goals, assists, or an average rating over 7.00. However, it means we can't do much worse giving the youth playing time next year. Some of the developing prospects include D (R) Alberto Moso (22a), playmaker Santiago Catalán (22b), and D (C) José Javier Martín (22d)

BWaTx9.jpg

130763.png.1d2e731c549c5c5f97737a478866507e.png

Wits University - Youth Intake 2025

https://i.gyazo.com/7121c91181eb7e1fe1376b9f12b5b0fe.png

Hello Mister Leftback, you came at the right time.

https://i.gyazo.com/808edd816f0818322e32e4e846571658.png

Straight into the first team.

I cant believe it, that I get the much needed LB.

https://i.gyazo.com/b51113b660b105757dda54af6dda57eb.png

The amount of players with got high flair and technique in South Africa is insane.

https://i.gyazo.com/bc5695d3d6edd14ef6caa3fb7886d4b3.png

We got our first player from the province of KwaZulu.

Intake Map - 2025:

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/99544d29d7575edda5ab27b189d566f3.png https://i.gyazo.com/2e3a48daf5fddfa696cbd8b015172af3.png

Intake Map - All Time:

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/f6217d1074005f8966de2d9f942d34d6.png https://i.gyazo.com/b47f3f611405015b8466d406532b44bd.png

https://i.gyazo.com/fdc342e7a0d50f72ab9929c799511e30.png https://i.gyazo.com/b1396894b44dc9b78641e3227e5ab067.png

Edited by Cheez3y

https://i.gyazo.com/ad7cd21786f7498151fe5d618cf74435.png

After some problems at the start of the season, the team is playing great.

The league title should not be possible, but we are in the semis of the CL.

https://i.gyazo.com/18339d1ab2b940444073f6533724617b.png

Tunis is pretty damn tough.

Lets see if we can tick off one check mark.

Big part of this is that we got the players to bring out my Lyn TF formation, which got us the UEFA CL title.

https://i.gyazo.com/2848aa2a82e860593e3bacec37f44fa1.png

And one player poached again.

Edited by Cheez3y

image.png.06497502a0495c49d7608ed456fb6f25.png

Sannois 2040-2041

Fantastic year for us. Things were a little shaky around the new year but our form in the closing weeks was outstanding. Europe here we come!

image.thumb.png.558c40a4f38a835a8e3f7d96e62f09af.png

A comfortable win in the French Cup Ninth Round was followed up by a thumping from Paris SG 5-1.

image.png.37bf4225b62da29ed63e237e7bfb44fa.png

Filippo Gavalas 30a is gradually getting phased out but still top scored with 12. Ibrahima Diallo 32h was excellent in the midfield.

Slawomir Michor 35d, Alain Meunier 32d, and Mael Renaud 31b are our best players.

image.thumb.png.36a59d843a62b1b717b0fd937c5485c6.png

image.png.82683c153f7b14736f6549d57b48f8d9.png

image.png.b65d303b8135884d2649bea87a92cd92.png

image.png.f7ea6fa3ba44ce515ff344e2b881562e.png

image.png.a5c55c891549cef69b65efc0086f940c.png

image.png.db807980d31134e706ed35a036dd1f00.png

Things are looking good. I think we are ready for Europe. Slowly buy surely, we are getting there.

image.png.8ccc5a909f0bc55f874430472a564abb.png

32 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

Holy crap 94 goals conceded in 22 games :lol:

Unbeaten in the last 3 though....

We're a very attacking team. Live by the sword, die by the sword. 

RC Lens are tycoon owned and competed with PSG for years and even won a couple of Champions League titles. But they dropped off this year by a long way. 

0ZI4Dqu.png

FC Novokuznetsk - Season 2032/33 Review

A much improved season, and finally we were part of the top of the league. We were still a fair bit behind the top 2 teams though, as Chertanovo and Textilschik Ivanovo bolted away from the start and left the rest of us in the dust. It turned out we were left to fight for the 3rd place against Zelenograd. Eventually, we beat them and claimed the 3rd place as our own. I hope this is a sign we are improving, and hopefully we can get promoted soon, we've been here a long time now!

In the Kubok Rossii we beat Sokol Saratov before losing to Kvant in the 3rd round.

Youth

A good preview this season as well.

UjNVOdO.png

What is this? This is a really bad intake. Golden generation.... yeah right!

6kPlD2E.png

The Russian-Turkmenistani striker is the best of the bad bunch, mostly because of a good personality.

BaO2VWT.png

U21s:

U18s:

They won in the Russian U18 Division - Moskovskaya oblast Group 9 and qualified. In the Group stage they finished 3rd and got knocked out.

Statistics:

Spoiler

Bad quality intake, but good for new countries! Added Moldova, Turkmenistan and Nigeria to the list.

pOskJlV.png

ZbeRs9N.png

Record Breakers:

Most league goals in a season: Sergey Nesterenko 28h - 29
Most clean sheets in a season: Alexey Kiselev 30g - 9
Most league apps overall: Lorenzo Coppo 22d - 259
Fastest goal: Vitaly Safin 28d - 13 seconds

Trophy cabinet:

Empty

d5S1jUQ.png

spacer.png

Futebol Clube Barreirense

SEASON ONE - 2021/2022 - Campeonato de Portugal Serie E

LEAGUE TABLE | PLAYOFFS| FIXTURES | SQUAD STATS | COMPETITION OVERVIEW

MANAGER OVERVIEW: CHARACTERISTICS | ATTRIBUTES

CLUB: PROFILE | GENERAL | FACILITIES | HONOURS | FINANCES | CLUB VISION

PLAYERS: TRANSFERS | RELEASED

STAFF: CURRENT

Campeonato de Portugal Serie E

We were predicted to finish 27th. I think with that prediction nobody thought that we'd win and make it to playoffs. I thought the run through playoffs was brutal. We were just trying to eke by. The second half of the season was just injuries galore. I lost my first choice GK, LB, and striker. Highlights of the playoff run was getting one of new regens score to send us to the semifinal. The semifinal we were evenly matched with Gondomar SC.  The final we shot more on goal but nothing was hitting. The better team won to be honest. At least, we got into Terceira Liga through playoffs.

Bruninho won top goalscorer of the league with 23 goals. Cami placed third for most assists in the league with 11.

Youth Intake

This is the part of this update I am most excited about. In my previous update, I shared what my HOYD thought of this youth intake. I think he delivered in the best way possible.

spacer.png

This is sorted by potential -> determination -> ability.  Just so you understand how I also nicknamed my players for this youth intake.

The personality spread of our youth intake. It's pretty good.  We didn't get any bad media handling to be paired with these personalities which is an added bonus.

Fairly Professional - 3
Fairly Determined - 2
Unambitious - 2
Balanced - 2
Fickle - 2
Spirited - 1
Low Determination - 1
Professional - 1
Ambitious - 1
Fairly Ambitious - 1

The first thing I did was add them in mentoring groups by determination. In total, there are 7 mentoring groups that have all my U19 players. None of them have been promoted to first team just yet. They have played first team games in the first season. You can see that some don't really have influence, that's okay. I want all of my players to be in one cohesive social group by the time they get to my first team. It helps in the long run. I've already gotten a player learn a player trait from one of the other players in their mentoring group (Added bonus).

The development of my youth intake will be dependent on how fast I can get their determination to go up. I think determination is key to development. What will happen to these players' personalities if determination increases?

Fairly Professional / Reserved  -> Resolute / Reserved  (Personality change when they get to 15 Determination)
Fairly Professional / Level-headed -> Resolute / Level-headed  (Personality change when they get to 15 Determination)
Fairly Determined / Media-friendly -> Driven / Media-friendly (Personality change when they get to 18 Determination)
Unambitious / Unflappable -> Determined / Unflappable (Personality change when they get to 18 Determination)
Unambitious / Media-friendly -> Determined / Media-friendly (Personality change when they get to 18 Determination)
Spirited / Unflappable -> Determined / Unflappable (Personality change when they get to 18 Determination)
Balanced / Media-friendly -> Fairly Determined / Media-friendly (Personality change when they get to 15 Determination)
Low Determination / Level-headed -> Balanced / Level-headed (Personality change when they get to 6 Determination)
Fickle / Media-friendly -> Driven / Media-friendly (Personality change when they get to 18 Determination)
Professional / Level-headed -> It's already great.
Ambitious / Media-friendly -> Driven / Media-friendly (Personality change when they get to 18 Determination)
Fairly Ambitious / Level-headed -> Ambitious / Level-headed (Personality change when they get to 15 Determination)

This is without factoring in increases in other hidden attributes which could also affect personality change in a player. For example, a Professional personality if they can get their Professional hidden attribute at 20, then they are a Model Professional which is one of the best personalities in the game. I'm still trying to figure out how I can influence the other hidden attributes through fining, mentoring, and training.

The other hidden attributes that determine player personality and media-handling.

• Ambition
  • Professionalism
  • Pressure
  • Sportsmanship
  • Temperamental
  • Loyalty
  • Controversy

The perceived best player from this youth intake based on my HOYD's ability.

spacer.png

Eduardo has gotten game time after youth intake day. His current development so far.

I forgot to add my U19s team did win their league. My youth intake players did start playing in the U19s league with 4 games left to the season. They did pretty well.

spacer.png

Edited by hubwub

Is anyone else having trouble conceding goals on offensive goal kicks? No matter what I change, long kicks, distribute to playmaker, distribute to cbs/fbs, we always lose the ball and the opposition scores on the counter with just 3-4 passes. This even happens when we're playing defensive/cautious and I've told my GK to take fewer risks when passing the ball. Its  gets so frustrating.

598639136_EuropaLeagueGroupStageDrawn.png.ff37fbb2151ae69dd6f2d0446a05772f.png

You know, I think I might have been drawn in the group of death in the Europa League. I had been hoping for a kinder draw than this.

1073408626_BoardsFive-YearPlan.png.f8f1cdb33d002a29b576465e0d255478.png

Good thing that the board only wants me to be competitive in the Europa League this season, right?

Marchamalo - Youth Intake - April 2024

CD_Marchamalo.png

This intake seemingly answered all of my prayers about needing attacking players; it even provided multiple with CA high enough to start from day 1. The HOYD is absolutely incredible, directly influencing two Professional talents. In total, we got 2 Professional and 3 Fairly Professional.

Spoiler

td3mKa.jpg

Spoiler

unBQUc.jpg

Carlos Alberto (24a) will start immediately. His CA and PA are the clear strengths since he unfortunately has an Unambitious personality and stands at a measly 5'5". We need strikers badly though, so I'm happy to get one through.

Spoiler

DTjXF7.jpg

Exciting to get a Malian in Abdoulaye Bagayoko (24b). A Fairly Professional personality is encouraging as are his above average attributes. Will rotate him in the AM (C) position.

Spoiler

YoHKGa.jpg

The HOYD singled out Abel Limón (24c) as the one to watch. Given AM (L) is the sole position we have yet to produce a quality potential youth in, I will take him despite being even shorter than Carlos Alberto (24a)! A Fairly Professional personality does not hurt his case either.

Spoiler

9LyTmB.jpg

We are stacked in the center of midfield at the moment, but I will always take the moment to show a prospect like José Angel Arribas (24e) with high PA and a Professional personality.

Spoiler

1zO9ns.jpg

Another Professional personality and high PA youth, but Owen Bowden (24g) is Gibraltarian as well. Only downside is his extreme lack of pace for a winger, may have to be retrained as a DLF (S).

Vikeologist's 24th Folkestone Intake Report (and 20th Intake Review)

See the source image

Missed the intake by a couple of days, so this screenshot is the best I can filtering out the non-intake.

20210413093757_1.thumb.jpg.db72b24db985a87088c0ab3e6bbb9dfe.jpg

It’s not too bad. I got what I (again) most needed, a new central defender.

The personalities are good as well. Only going to offer contracts to 7 of them. I don’t really see any 3 star potential kids making it, but I’ll keep them on trial for the moment to see if any of them do anything to change my mind.

20210413092306_1.thumb.jpg.cf9193d9d2afc1dde38a3ee29c4e0ad2.jpg

Jack Hercules 24a – I’m probably going to throw him straight into the first team. Not starting every match necessarily, but we do need a second central defender. Last year’s Alan Bradley 23a prospect is also a central defender, but he has not played well when slotted in.

Bradley is a bit short, and despite his surname, Jack is only 2cm taller at 181. However he starts with a good personality, so hopefully he will develop better than Bradley, though it would be hard to improve less.

YP20 Review

Andrew Horgan 20a – A goalie who developed really well from 2 seasons out on loan, and who I sold for £3 million at the start of the season, because I didn’t think I’d be able to offer him a contract or squad status he’d accept, because my starting goalie was really good. In the end I sold my starting goalie as well, and with my 3rd best goalie on loan, I’m starting my 4th stringer, but that’s a story for the end of the season.

Momodou Ceesay 20b – A central defender I released on a free.

Kenechukwu Okpala 20c – A winger who’s still with us, but it’s not going to happen for him. Will doubtless find a place in a much lower level.

Ellis Wiltshire 20d- Broke up the strike partnership of Morgan and Collett that had existed for years, and seemed as though he’d become fantastic, but this season has been disappointing, and he seems to have reached the limit of his potential.