The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

1 hour ago, JLAB said:

So where do you guys get your maps from when you do the place of birth for youth intake players?

Like Xaw said, I just google maps.

You can create customs maps there.

I guess, I should take the blame on that. :D

Edited by Cheez3y

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after 5 days of holidaying every evening, I finally got the team I want.

Idk I always need a reason to play a team, I cant just pick random stuff.

I always wanted to manage Lyn, because of their history and the Mikel stuff.

Wits because the team doenst exist anymore.

And now I goin back to somewhere I was before.

https://i.gyazo.com/0fa6ac1d48f7858bab08b0ce280d2f1b.png

Back to Lanzarote!

https://i.gyazo.com/fc0ecb7402fb0b61130a8cb5a54f97ae.png

6700000.png.20f7f09fde169e431cd17f1b6a11d3ca.png

UD Lanzarote - Youth Intake 2022

https://i.gyazo.com/082364baded21b77d61ce64db917423c.png

Since we only got 11 real player, finally some options.

The new badge of the Spanish football federation look really shi*t. :D

https://i.gyazo.com/f9681c437995b710ef203ffa12e9e320.png

https://i.gyazo.com/e36f40647e37b605bc0563f6fdea298a.png

https://i.gyazo.com/caf1021014cb7516320dac6a5f5b663d.png

https://i.gyazo.com/b03d21770ebec41734d0b32b5632cc91.png

With the exeption of the two foreign player, only Canarians.

Youth Intake Map - All Time

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/7b901cd7a77bcbcd4f87435f67856cf7.png  https://i.gyazo.com/38bd493db62275c271fa47ca1d0dba46.png

https://i.gyazo.com/6907f79b46d9ccd61a117abb15aa70ce.png

https://i.gyazo.com/e8cbc15612a75e9bc80ec77dab8153bd.png

Edited by Cheez3y

3 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

So after 5 days of holidaying every evening, I finally got the team I want.

Idk I always need a reason to play a team, I cant just pick random stuff.

I always wanted to manage Lyn, because of their history and the Mikel stuff.

Wits because the team doenst exist anymore.

And now I goin back to somewhere I was before.

https://i.gyazo.com/0fa6ac1d48f7858bab08b0ce280d2f1b.png

Back to Lanzarote!

https://i.gyazo.com/fc0ecb7402fb0b61130a8cb5a54f97ae.png

I loved this back when you were first doing it! I seem to recall Aguero taking a little trip there, love to see what you can do this time around.

13 minutes ago, Tilling said:

I loved this back when you were first doing it! I seem to recall Aguero taking a little trip there, love to see what you can do this time around.

Yes this was a fantastic save, where I had a 37 y/o Aguero for 6 months.

57 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Yes this was a fantastic save, where I had a 37 y/o Aguero for 6 months.

Funnily enough, it inspired me to do a Sicilian-only save with Palermo which is easily the most fun I've ever had in a single FM save; won the Serie A on H2H difference in the 10th year using almost all youth academty players, easily my biggest ever FM achievement :)

7 hours ago, UnkleTass said:

ACN Siena 1904 Season 2037/38 Review

Another season disconnected, started earlier in the month but life and work has gotten in the way of real progress until yesterday. I finished out another season in Serie B in which we faded away toward the end from our promotion charge. We always seem to struggle in the latter half of the year. 

Ohh nice, i started managing Siena just now. So far I doubt that i will ever make it once into the Seria A  ;)

Follo FK - Wikipedia

Follo FK - Season 2025 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

This was a very hard season for us, and we got relegated by a bit of a distance. It didn't look as bad for a long while and we were up to safe ground as late as with 7 games left. But when the last 7 is 6 losses and a win, it was not enough to keep us up, not even reach the relegation playoff spot. I do hope we can bounce back up again next season though, but it won't be easy. The teams in the top tier, as well as 5-6 teams in the league below is quite a bit ahead of the rest of us. One major thing that will help, though, is that we are finally going professional at the start of next season! I've asked and asked and they refused, before they finally came along and suggested it! Very happy with that part, and I'll start asking for more improvements when I see how we handle the new financial burden as well as the relegation.

In Norgesmesterskapet we beat Rana, Steinkjer, and Grorud before losing to Molde in the 4th round.

Youth

A decent looking preview this time.

rOnftnq.png

Quite happy with this intake as well.

aa6ckzI.png

With few good out and out wingers on the left, Eivind Åsenden 25a is a nice talent to pick up.

8TXvQyC.png

2nd team:

They only played friendlies this season.

U19s:

After the promotion last season they had their first season in the National U19 Championship. They just survived as they finished 10th and gets another season in the top U19s league.

In the Norwegian U19 Cup they lost to Fjøra in the 1st round.

Statistics:

Spoiler

This season added Somalia and Latvia, so we keep filling out the map.

1alTpBZ.png

boVRewH.png

Record Breakers:

Most player of the match awards: Kristian Seteklev - 8
Worst discipline: Felix Skårn 22c - 14 yellow, 1 red
Most league goals overall: Kristian Seteklev - 122
Youngest player: Øyvind Haug 25e - 15 years, 146 days
Oldest goalscorer: Islam Darlishta - 28 years, 118 days

Trophy cabinet:

PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 2 - 1 (2022)
Norwegian U19 Championship Oslo (U19s) - 2 (2022, 2024)

0xUuZpA.png

1021749120_SienaYouthIntakePreview.png.c2e2448702214e2ed9df02626b3bcbe2.png

Think that intakes are starting to slow down a little bit for me. I'm also getting taunted by how much money I have in my transfer and wage budget.

AvironBayonnais.png.b5ae808348e2b6434a7c44fa58a63bd6.png

Season Review 2027/2028

Final Table:

Spoiler

image.png.9576f4490f6e0c6daac4011ccb72a27d.png

It wasn't easy, we won the games we could and lost all the games we were supposed to. Against the top 6 held a record of 2 wins 3 draws and 7 defeats throughout the season, so it's quite clear where the ceiling for the team is at the moment. Still, I thought we could sneak into Europe somehow

Schedule

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9bc851dc44e4ad72226ba81032b0f820.png

As usual tho, that post January second half of the season just did not let us find any sort of consistency, I genuinely didnt know what to do at times. A tenth round exit against a Monaco side we've yet to beat in this save was just par for the course.

Board decided to build yet another new stadium as opposed to update our current newish stadium to meet Ligue 1 standards, so that's going to be interesting, at least they upgraded more  facilities

Once again we lead the league in both tackles won and fouls made

Updated table

Season League Played Finish Won Drawn Lost For Ag GD Win% Preview Cup Europe   Training Youth Coaching Recruitment Status
21/22 CFA D 30 3 12 12 6 38 26 12 40.00% - - -   Below Average Poor Average Fairly Basic  
22/23 National 34 2 17 12 5 63 36 27 50.00% 16 Eleventh Round -   Below Average Poor Average Fairly Basic Semi-Pro
23/24 Ligue 2 38 6 17 8 13 53 52 1 44.74% 20 Ninth Round -   Average Basic Good Adequate Pro
24/25 Ligue 2 38 8 16 6 16 58 55 3 42.11% 20 Eight Round -   Average Basic Excellent Average Pro
25/26 Ligue 2 38 3 21 12 5 72 38 34 55.26% 19 Eight Round -   Average Basic Exceptional Good Pro
26/27 Ligue 1 38 10 16 7 15 40 51 -11 42.11% 20 Semi-Final -   Average Below Average Exceptional Excellent Pro
27/28 Ligue 1 38 7 18 7 13 63 43 20 47.37% 20 Tenth Round -   Good Adequate Exceptional Exceptional Pro

Edited by witticism
spelling

Sadly i got to report that i have been sacked by Siena. 10 losses in a row was too much appearently :lol:

Will try again with different club asap

12 hours ago, Vlach said:

Ohh nice, i started managing Siena just now. So far I doubt that i will ever make it once into the Seria A  ;)

It takes time, there's another guy in this thread who also started with Siena and he made it to Serie A in a similar time frame to me. Good luck and enjoy the ride

19 minutes ago, UnkleTass said:

It takes time, there's another guy in this thread who also started with Siena and he made it to Serie A in a similar time frame to me. Good luck and enjoy the ride

Well, got sacked. Trying my luck in England now :)

9 hours ago, witticism said:

Season League Played Finish Won Drawn Lost For Ag GD Win% Preview Cup Europe   Training Youth Coaching Recruitment Status
21/22 CFA D 30 3 12 12 6 38 26 12 40.00% - - -   Below Average Poor Average Fairly Basic  
22/23 National 34 2 17 12 5 63 36 27 50.00% 16 Eleventh Round -   Below Average Poor Average Fairly Basic Semi-Pro
23/24 Ligue 2 38 6 17 8 13 53 52 1 44.74% 20 Ninth Round -   Average Basic Good Adequate Pro
24/25 Ligue 2 38 8 16 6 16 58 55 3 42.11% 20 Eight Round -   Average Basic Excellent Average Pro
25/26 Ligue 2 38 3 21 12 5 72 38 34 55.26% 19 Eight Round -   Average Basic Exceptional Good Pro
26/27 Ligue 1 38 10 16 7 15 40 51 -11 42.11% 20 Semi-Final -   Average Below Average Exceptional Excellent Pro
27/28 Ligue 1 38 7 18 7 13 63 43 20 47.37% 20 Tenth Round -   Good Adequate Exceptional Exceptional Pro

Genuine question, how did you get to manage in the CFA? I've got the league loaded in my game (trying to decide between Belenenses in Portugal and AS Cannes) but I can't seem to manage any lower than the third tier in France despite it being the 1st of July 2021... very annoying.

Vikeologist's 26th Folkestone Intake Report (and 22nd Intake Review)

See the source image

Ouch. For the second straight year, despite improving our facilities, a disappointing intake; at least at first look.

The screenshot is missing 3 players who I released before taking the screenshot.

20210502120621_1.thumb.jpg.57e9489e3bff467a1422b77cffb17f12.jpg

There are 2 players with 2* CA, which is probably the first time in an intake, but both of them, plus another player with 5* PA, aren’t a natural fit for our tactics. Add in the 3rd most promising player being another goalie, and bad personalities, and it’s fair to say this didn’t live p to my hopes.

Now we’re in The Championship, I’m hopefully getting to the final stages of the challenge, and I was hoping for some players that will take us the rest of the way.

I sometimes say that good intakes can go in cycles, and this seems to be happening now. It’s the hope that kills you, and I was hoping for a lot this time.

20210502095528_1.thumb.jpg.6167548e82aba5809c1226fb9e4e7f62.jpg

Jaydyn Mullins 26a – I’ll have to use him as a left back, which drops half a star off his current ability. I wouldn’t count him out though. My starting left back has been steadily improving and has a lot of potential, but oh boy have they played badly with a 6.50 average rating for the season.

Jaydyn’s media handling is unflappable (but not media friendly) which means high pressure, but I don’t know whether his professionalism or sportsmanship is high. Obviously I’m hoping for the former.

20210502100456_1.thumb.jpg.f0085c988fb49d2b325fc26e04164570.jpgBrooklyn Nightingale 26b – Going to use him as a striker as I have a lot of promising right wingers. I think maybe 20% of my players are right wingers to some extent. It’s crazy. I do need a great striker, but Brook’s starting with low CA and an abysmal determination, although obviously I have a way to deal with that.

YP22 Review

The 4 year period for reviews isn’t arbitrary. I think usually after 4 years, either the players have established themselves in the first team, or they never will. Obviously it’s different for goalkeepers, or if their position is unusually stacked, but generally this is when I make decisions on whether they have a long term future with us.

Hopefully a look back to when I think my intakes were good will cheer me up.

Ben Moore 22a – A fantastic central midfielder. Not with us any more though. I got a massive £10.5 million for him, and it will be more eventually probably with add-ons.

Jamie Poke 22b – My backup right winger. Pretty close to taking over as starter, but as I indicated above, I have a lot of right wingers so he should be looking both ahead and behind him.

Ross Gethins 22c – My starting right back, and one of my best players, although my full backs always have low average ratings.

Ciaran McGlynn 22d – For ages Kevin Spencer 17d was a really important player because he was the only good left winger I had. Ciaran is basically as good now. He’s supposed to be an attacking right winger, but he’s left footed, so the left wing is where he plays. Spencer still starts most matches, but Ciaran has more potential.

Sammy Blackman-Pottage 22e – Usually my central defender on the subs’ bench. He’s not that great yet, but slowly developing.

So, I was right. It was another good intake. Not as good as YP21 which is basically half my first team, but not bad at all.

However, 3 of these 4 current players are still backups, and as I said above, after 4 years they have to be able to demand a future with Folkestone.

31 minutes ago, Tilling said:

Genuine question, how did you get to manage in the CFA? I've got the league loaded in my game (trying to decide between Belenenses in Portugal and AS Cannes) but I can't seem to manage any lower than the third tier in France despite it being the 1st of July 2021... very annoying.

I didn't, I had to wait for the team to get promoted to the National on their own

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@darren1983 Is this screenshot ok for my manager or do I need to start with no qualifications at all cos when I read your opening post you said start with lowest qualification.

I just want to make sure I set it up right before I start.

e386232a5dc2e7347072915fd48a74ca.png
https://gyazo.com/e386232a5dc2e7347072915fd48a74ca

The experience is correct, but you have to select no badge.

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

Unió Esportiva Extremenya

UE Extremenya - Wikipedia

Season Summary

A season of over achievement as we surprisingly won the league title and secured promotion to the top tier.  The fact we won the league by a huge fifteen points was remarkable.

Season Details

First Stage League Table - A fairly comfortable campaign, we won the league in this phase by ten points.

First Stage League Fixtures - Unbeaten at the winter break, we were cruising.  Poor form post Christmas nearly derailed our season, though we recovered somewhat and finished on top, guaranteeing first place with two games remaining.

Promotion Stage League Table - With a ten point lead going into the Promotion Stage, we were always heavy favourites to win the league title and so it proved as we were comfortably the best side.

Promotion Stage League Fixtures - We won four of our five games as we continued our dominance.

Copa Constitució - We did not enter.

Pre Season Friendlies - A solid pre season campaign, with just two defeats in our ten matches.

Squad - The players themselves are decent enough, though we have no depth whatsoever.

Squad Dynamics - As good as I would expect.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - None.  Due to having no academy and with the board refusing to set one up, no new players came through this season.

Finances - We are in the black but only just as we are losing money every month.

Key Players

Elie Baud - The best player at the club.  He was devastating on the right wing.

António Silva - Despite playing in central midfield, he scored an impressive 12 goals in 22 appearances.

Samuel Martínez - Central defender who was a rock for most of the season.

Daniel Carmona - Midfield partner of António Silva, they linked up beautifully.

Ismael Rodríguez - Converted into a striker, a return of 13 goals in 23 games was decent enough.

Next Season

I would be happy with survival.

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22   Minimal = (0.50*) ↑  None =               4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Adequate              None             None               Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%             322 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Lliga Biosphere

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Lliga Biosphere (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Copa Constitució                    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Lliga Biosphere                       1st              N/a                          Promoted as champions.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                         Cumulative Number of Appearances
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                         0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                 0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

The experience is correct, but you have to select no badge.

Ok cool thank you for the clairification @XaW

Here we go then people.

fa8e8cd1eba365de3be205b098d64577.png
https://gyazo.com/fa8e8cd1eba365de3be205b098d64577

I am the new manager of newly promoted team Aachen who have a 30,000 plus stadium and have good training and youth facilities.

I have tried this challenge with them before but failed miserably but the team have great foundations so I am trying again.

d6e635a3e7dcea86912de3ce0f00ce3d.png
https://gyazo.com/d6e635a3e7dcea86912de3ce0f00ce3d

a4aeea80c275a5eb46f21f4bc7e8730b.png

Here is my manager's profile. Please let me know if I have messed up @XaW

I am looking forward to cracking on with this.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Here is my manager's profile. Please let me know if I have messed up @XaW

A quick glance, but everything looks fine to me. Just no buying, loaning or signing up free transfers. Other than that, you can do pretty much whatever you want! If there are any specifics that are unclear, just ask in here and one of us will answer. :)

Just now, XaW said:

A quick glance, but everything looks fine to me. Just no buying, loaning or signing up free transfers. Other than that, you can do pretty much whatever you want! If there are any specifics that are unclear, just ask in here and one of us will answer. :)

Yeah and no downloaded tactics which are frowned upon which is the main reason why this challenge is so damm hard lol.

I am used to downloading a tactic and off I go.

This is my main tactic I will be using as its just a standard tactic that was recommended to me by my staff.

957493a11f53267e7d5fa0cbed613b78.png
https://gyazo.com/957493a11f53267e7d5fa0cbed613b78

47 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@darren1983 Is this screenshot ok for my manager or do I need to start with no qualifications at all cos when I read your opening post you said start with lowest qualification.

I just want to make sure I set it up right before I start.

e386232a5dc2e7347072915fd48a74ca.png
https://gyazo.com/e386232a5dc2e7347072915fd48a74ca

Yeah lowest means none. 

22 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah I just wanted to double check. Thanks for getting back to me.

No worries, always best to check as you don't want to start and have to start again. I'm usually about with the forums loaded but XaW is usually much quicker than me :D 

Follo FK - Wikipedia

Follo FK - Season 2026 Review

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

I had hoped we could bounce back up this season, but in truth it was a bit of a poor season for us. We had some great games and some good wins, but we also had a few off-games where we lost when we should have won. So we were just simply not good enough to get up. We did finish in the playoffs, but we lost away to Aalesund in the semi final and got knocked out. I hope we can do better next season.

In Norgesmesterskapet we beat Fyllingsdalen and Lørenskog before losing to Strømsgodset in the 3rd round.

Youth

No longer "golden generations", but I hope to get some good ones.

tUguFgZ.png

Pretty good and better than I had feared from the preview.

sdLttFP.png

Hamzeh Ashtiani 26a is a good left back, but he can also feature on the left wing. Should be a nice addition to the squad.

ttNz6Em.png

2nd team:

They only played friendlies this season.

U19s:

They finished 5th in the National U19 Championship.

In the Norwegian U19 Cup they beat Hødd and Åsane before losing to Vålerenga in the 3rd round.

Statistics:

Spoiler

This season we added Iran and Russia.

BJM6A4R.png

HKea3ux.png

Record Breakers:

Most goals in a match: Kristian Seteklev - 6
Most goals in a league match: Kristian Seteklev - 6
Most clean sheets in a season: Elias Øyehaug - 12
Most league goals overall: Kristian Seteklev - 150
Oldest goalscorer: Islam Darlishta - 29 years, 83 days

Trophy cabinet:

PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 2 - 1 (2022)
Norwegian U19 Championship Oslo (U19s) - 2 (2022, 2024)

HcDJLU4.png

6700000.png.c2866fb8fe655a3f9fe0dc95f58b731e.png

UD Lanzarote - Youth Intake 2023

https://i.gyazo.com/c71f0248e6742db64872c6fcc977e4fa.png

Decent intake.

Finally a striking option with more the 7 finishing.

https://i.gyazo.com/8cc24a93ffae6e5c1930c044d196d927.png

https://i.gyazo.com/a5785371f54395b4e30a90ca8f07c631.png

https://i.gyazo.com/85fbe47f708d9098dbaba9a51f325f66.png

https://i.gyazo.com/ab5b2425307ad8a78132a32fa6a6597f.png

Adding 4 nations to the pool, two time Africa and one Mexican/Brazilian.

The rest is still only Canarians.

Youth Intake Map - 2023

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/cebdcdfb2b635e244bf162aa8d6d4565.png https://i.gyazo.com/a1d072ae3054fc3187da7fd862083445.png

https://i.gyazo.com/9bad2f80acc8c51de36c8fd5e14e104a.png

Youth Intake Map - All Time

Spoiler

https://i.gyazo.com/f446d6357aa151aab67de2d0cfcee435.png https://i.gyazo.com/193ec4403ecc7dcfe41d1e2f86c14b67.png

https://i.gyazo.com/c2f98730ceaa951700ff7b281175deea.png

CD_Marchamalo.png

Marchamalo - End of Season - June 2024

Another tough season in which we barely survived relegation. Started the season unbeaten in five matches, but with four draws. Towards the end of the season, we played four consecutive 0-1 losses before taking six points from our final five matches to beat the drop.

Spoiler

https//snipboard.io/WqYXVm.jWqYXVm.jpg

Hopefully another year will allow our youth to develop a bit more. Nine academy graduates made double digit appearance this season.

Spoiler

5aw9ZM.jpg

Only lost about 20,000 pounds over the course of the year, so the finances are beginning to stabilize. Although having enough money to upgrade facilities seems a while away.

Spoiler

1gwSB3.jpg

Had two players exceeding a 7.00 rating this time around. Will continue to give first team minutes to the youth prospects, the most promising of which include ST (C) Carlos Alberto (24a), AM (C) Abdoulaye Bagayoko (24b), AM (L) Abel Limón (24c), and D (C) José Javier Martín (22d)

MNcjVW.jpg

Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

6700000.png.1aef9c05092a3dc3caa42c5b51ac6673.png

End of Season Review 2022/23

https://i.gyazo.com/d77dc8db2c63074cd712e9252ec93db8.png

Transfers + Released // Media Prediction

Upgrades/Downgrades/Misc

National A Licence

Copa del Rey

https://i.gyazo.com/1fdf4595b52c4855f8af6e5d8aeeca21.png

Results // KO Tree

We drew a fellow Canarian team in Las Palmas, we gave them all we had.

Segundo Division B - Group IV

https://i.gyazo.com/dc58e29aa77fa4afa8a880bd23b45e71.png

Results I + Results II

https://i.gyazo.com/0c98cacf14676199e6fcb1f7b9ed6fb3.png

Another secure midtable finish.

https://i.gyazo.com/ce753abc3bb664db5e0892c47e799a0b.png https://i.gyazo.com/0ac16f23eb10bc51adb565062a7e7ee5.png

https://i.gyazo.com/a795aa5bc978b9eafec1a525503aadb5.png

Not happy..atleast we are clinical if we can shoot.

https://i.gyazo.com/9038602db36d734dea9f5facd6e792ba.png

Its getting worse every month with no upgrades in sight.

https://i.gyazo.com/9de43245dd6fb3553a527b388ed672fb.png

https://i.gyazo.com/79b53b224ae98a56eb79387992a00833.png

Top 3 Regens

https://i.gyazo.com/e6ce6146f70a4ef6e7e2d93feb656630.png

https://i.gyazo.com/4463da2fc1ff1b079b239fcc591fb2f2.png

https://i.gyazo.com/edea8c4b77af5c4aff5a19f7d05708ca.png

Edited by Cheez3y

What tactics are we all using as I am really struggling to win games at the moment and I am currently bottom of the German 3rd division with Aachen.

I have tried a few tactics but none of them are working. 

I would usually use downloaded tactics but its not allowed on this challenge and now I am struggling.

Farnborough January 1, 2038 Update

1798981409_August-September2037Fixtures.png.a9cf6c68d65d78b96278ab2b9f474e32.png

1040914155_October-December2037Fixtures.png.72d40197bc927c00daa01ef5bdbf25ae.png

179459444_January12038LeagueTable.png.526b9a826c2ba5a9d520fd1c2491d97a.png

Flying high as we have been bouncing between a 4-3-3 DM and 4-2-3-1 formation depending on home/road and strength of the opposition.  I don't think we are good enough to push for the top 2 but we might just sneak into the playoffs.

285698128_January12038xGGeneralPerformance.png.1dc99ef3965447c29e2837d1aeface36.png

Led by our above average defense and we are putting up an average offense.  Just need to get more shots on target.

1998224875_2038YouthIntakePreview.png.a6c80a7b4317482529d38821a69f7cf1.png

A goalkeeper toward the top of the youth intake has been missing in the past few seasons so this is a refreshing change.  Hopefully, one of these forwards is a pure scorer.  We need one of those.

1769390702_January12038AcademyAppearances-Goals.png.26a763e50e83f1383f9b8ae6840d60ac.png

Soufanie Dghoughi 25A had an injury at the beginning of the season and is now clearly not even a rotation option in the midfield.  I got him a match or two so he could be the first academy player to reach 500 appearances.  Austin Power 31G will be the first academy player to score 100 goals.  It's just a matter of time.

1200731303_January12038SeniorInternationalAppearances-Goals.png.99d03613eeac89f8512250b09ad08239.png

Winger/midfielder Mike Johnson 29E has been only player to get consistent playing time with the national team but struggles to score goals.

1861255654_January12038U20-U21InternationalAppearances-Goals.png.79e2af534f6dfe0edd5acad17aa0c601.png

Dylan Adams 33C is one of the first names on the Welsh U21 team sheets but like Mike Johnson 29E, he struggles to score goals.  Hugh Dickson 34K and Marks Dubrovskijs 37M have made a lot of appearances for the Northern Ireland and Latvia national teams respectively.

January 1, 2038 Academy Sales.png

Marchamalo - Youth Intake - April 2025

CD_Marchamalo.png

Pretty terrible intake, the players with the seven highest PA include five Unambitious, one Fickle, and one Temperamental talents.

Spoiler

ys25Wa.jpg

Spoiler

lxeED7.jpg

Nelson Caballero (25a) is the best of a bad bunch. With 10 finishing and 14/13 acceleration/pace, he should function as a backup striker in the future.

11 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

Every HoYD got a prefered formation.

I that how the players gets created?

So If I pick a HoYD with no winger formation like 4312, how does this effect the intake?

Imho it makes it more likely (but not for each and every player) that the players fit in a 4312. But often i noticed as well that the personality of the HoYD is obviously reflected in the intake.

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

What tactics are we all using as I am really struggling to win games at the moment and I am currently bottom of the German 3rd division with Aachen.

I have tried a few tactics but none of them are working. 

I would usually use downloaded tactics but its not allowed on this challenge and now I am struggling.

Right now in English National North i am using a 4-3-1-2 with two Mezzalas and a BWM at the center. Nothing fancy, but works quite well. But "my" league has less quality then yours ...

I have been using 4-3-3 DM Wide like this one. I just adjust the roles to suit my players better, and mentality which is usually positive.

The tactic works very consistently for me, especially when I'm the underdog. I rarely get any big victories but I like how the dedicated DM makes it defensively very solid. 

Edited by Proffa

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

Unió Esportiva Extremenya

UE Extremenya - Wikipedia

Season Summary

After starting the season really well, injuries and suspensions caught up and we slipped to third place.  We did qualify for Europe though.

Season Details

League Table - Overall a great first season in the top flight, though we were in a title race for most of the season.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - After being top of the league table with just eight league games remaining, we imploded and dropped to third.

Copa Constitució - We made it through to the semi final before losing on penalties to C. E. Carroi.

Pre Season Friendlies - With ten wins from twelve and no defeats, we had an exceptional pre season.

Squad - We still have exactly same squad as last season.  We really need to be allowed to set up an academy.

Squad Dynamics - Exceptional.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - As I am still not allowed to set up an academy, there are still no youth players coming through.

Finances - We are in the black, though only just.

Key Players

Elie Baud - The Frenchman is the best player at the club by some distance.

António Silva -The goal scoring midfielder had another good season.

Daniel Carmona - Antíónio Silva's central midfield partner and one of our best performers.

Ismael Rodríguez - The converted striker missed quite a few games through injury.

Carlos Cuenca - Our goalkeeper earned plenty of points on his own.

Next Season

Finishing in the top four is the goal.  I do feel we overachieved this season.

Personal Coaching Data

Season    Reputation           Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start  Minimal   (0.25*)    None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22   Minimal = (0.50*) ↑  None =               4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑
2022/23   Minimal = (1.00*) ↑  National A ↑↑↑       7 ↑   7 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑  16 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Adequate              None             None               Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =            Adequate =            None =           None =             Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%
2022/23      30        14        5       11          59              47                 +12              46.66% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          23        17        3        3          58              23                 +35              73.91%             322 days
2022/23          53        31        8       14         117              70                 +47              58.49% ↓           693 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Lliga Biosphere

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Lliga Biosphere (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Copa Constitució                    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Lliga Biosphere                       1st              N/a                          Promoted as champions.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Lliga Multisegur Assegurances         3rd ↑     Semi final                          Qualified for the Europa Conference League.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                         Cumulative Number of Appearances
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                         0
2022/23    No one                                         0

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                 0
2022/23    No one                                 0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                  0
2022/23    No one                                  0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0
2022/23    No one                                     0

Edited by DazRTaylor

Vikeologist's 2046/47 Folkestone Season Report

See the source image

For the first time in this challenge I was in real danger of relegation.

In our first season in The Championship we stared very well, but in the middle of December our form went off a cliff, and we piked up 2 points in our next 14 matches.

We were always at least 5 points above the relegation zone because thankfully some teams were poor all season, but it was only after our penultimate match that we were safe.

20210503100958_1.thumb.jpg.890e1a86a104c67c58132376554564e7.jpg

8 of my first XI are 21 or younger, so hopefully we’ll improve next season, but if we don’t, and get off to a bad start, we’ll probably be relegated.

The board have agreed to improve our Youth Facilities again. We’re expanding the stadium, because we sell out every match and our finances are fine. There’s room for optimism off the pitch, but we need better players. According to my Ass Man (who does have good JPA) only 1 player (Jackson) is Championship calibre at the moment.

20210503095331_1.thumb.jpg.9e4022579403f76870dfb067f0cd6276.jpg20210503100910_1.thumb.jpg.fab70f844c52a611e74b4a66d7558be4.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Dave Jackson 21b – 33

This position highlights my main problem. Jackson is great, but I don’t have a good enough second striker. Club legend Michael Morgan started most games alongside him, and did fine with 19 goals, but he’ll be 33 this summer. My other 2 main strikers were no help. Ellis Wiltshire only scoring every 250 minutes and long time starter, and still only 28, Jack Collett played 516 minutes without finding the net once. I have a stack of young promising strikers, so that second place is up for grabs.

Jackson at 21 though is still improving, and might well go on to surpass Michael Morgan’s club record for goals.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Dave Jackson 21b – 7.23

Man of The Match – Dave Jackson 21b – 9

Most Valuable Player– Dave Jackson 21b

2nd season in a row. Might not be his last. He is actually our best player according to my coaches.

Most Appearances (Regens) – Jason ‘Nepotism’ Ramsay 1a – 719

Due to his unlikely holding on to his starting place, Michael Morgan is on 630 now, but there’s no way he has another 90 matches left in his career.

Jason is still an unemployed manager. The occasional team shows an interest in him, but never offer him a job.

Most Goals (Regens) – Michael Morgan 9a 456

I keep publishing the obituary on his career, and he keeps refusing to bow out gracefully. Just short of his 33rd birthday, he’s still improving slightly, but he’s not that great a player at this level. He’s fast. We play attacking football and I don’t have anyone better.

If he does play another full season, he might well break Fastbasher’s Bryan Pham Ba’s record of 472 in the Records thread. (A record that I’m sure many of you have shattered in the course of this challenge).

The thing is, until either he starts declining, or someone else proves they can equal or exceed Morgan’s steady stream of goals, I’ll probably keep starting him.

Season	Division		Position	Notes							MVP										
21/22	VNL South		18th		Steered clear of relegaton thanks to good start.	Callum Davies
22/23	VNL South		16th		Only 2 places better, but a lot more points.		Henry Newcombe
23/24	VNL South		18th		Big step backwards in points.				David Smith
24/25	VNL South		15th		Consistently mediocre.					David Smith
25/26	VNL South		14th		Just outside playoffs for most of the season.		David Smith
26/27	VNL South		16th		Otherwise known as the year 1AD (After Discipline)	Ellis Andrews 2c
27/28	VNL South		19th		Narrowly avoided relegation places all season		David Smith
28/29	VNL South		15th		Tried different tactics. Didn't find a magic bean.	David Smith
29/30	VNL South		7th		Lost playoff semifinal, but a great improvement.	Ellis Andrews 2c
30/31	VNL South		12th		Second half slump into mid-table disappointment		David Smith
31/32	VNL South		7th		Lost in S/F of playoff					Ellis Andrews 2c
32/33	VNL South		9th		Didn't threaten playoffs				Ellis Drake 10a
33/34	VNL South		2nd		Lost last 2 matches of season and 1st playoff game.	Michael Morgan 9a
34/35	VNL South		4th		Knocked out Playoffs 1st round on penalties		Michael Morgan 9a
35/36	VNL South		6th		Knocked out in Playoff semifinal			Michael Morgan 9a
36/37	VNL South		5th		Knocked out in Playoff semifinal			Giorgos Kragiopoulos 11a
37/38	VNL South		1st		Won the league by a mile. 17th time lucky.		Michael Morgan 9a 
38/39	VNL National		1st		Back to back comfortable promotions			Jack Collett 13a 
39/40	League 2		2nd		Won last 5 matches securing automatic promotion.	Jack Collett 13a 
40/41	League 1		11th		Pushing for promotion most of the season		Jack Collett 13a 
41/42	League 1		5th		Lost in playoffs semifinal				Michael Morgan 9a 
42/43	League 1		8th		Losing streak, winning streak and then injuries		Kevin Spencer 17d
43/44	League 1		7th		One place outside playoffs.				Kevin Spencer 17d
44/45	League 1		12th		Outside playoffs all season. New stadium.		Pete Larkin 18d
45/46	League 1		2nd		Promoted last day of the season. 			Dave Jackson 21b 
46/47	Championship		20th		Plummetted near to relegation zone			Dave Jackson 21b 

My computer just crashed, but I only lost about a week of in-game time. Autosaves every 14 days is gold!

26 minutes ago, XaW said:

My computer just crashed, but I only lost about a week of in-game time. Autosaves every 14 days is gold!

It's the reason why I have autosaves for once a week.