The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

Well then, so far it's not been going great. Only have one right back (who is young but 1.5 rated) and one right wing back (who is 38 but 3.5 rated), while the team feels like it doesn't know how to play well. The money that I could spend to fix the glaring issues being thrown in my face makes it all the more irritating, but I know that I can win. It's just not consistent enough. If I can find the mojo and get a really good youth intake, things could hopefully be fixed soon.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Canet_Roussillon_FC_2019.png

Canet Roussilon FC 2021/22 Season - National League

3eece408f8df2d9e848815526805f615.png

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Squad

Youth Squad (20/21 Intake and 21/22 Intake)

So take two of my time with Canet and promotion! It feels a bit... cheap? However, we actually had entry into the French Cup this time, although we did have a couple of other players in the team due to the manager signing them which proved incredibly crucial I feel.

A couple things here - we have turned Professional and we have had to have a new stadium built for us to meet league recommendations. This meant the club taking out a loan, so the finances don't look pretty at the moment. As for the Ligue 2 season - I'm not confident of staying in the division. If we can get into the relegation/promotion playoff, I'll count that as a successful season!

dde01f72686dff2bde46ca01bfe27902.png

Edited by Anners
Fixed Youth Team Picture

16 minutes ago, Anners said:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Canet_Roussillon_FC_2019.png

Canet Roussilon FC 2021/22 Season - National League

3eece408f8df2d9e848815526805f615.png

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Squad

Youth Squad (20/21 Intake and 21/22 Intake)

So take two of my time with Canet and promotion! It feels a bit... cheap? However, we actually had entry into the French Cup this time, although we did have a couple of other players in the team due to the manager signing them which proved incredibly crucial I feel.

A couple things here - we have turned Professional and we have had to have a new stadium built for us to meet league recommendations. This meant the club taking out a loan, so the finances don't look pretty at the moment. As for the Ligue 2 season - I'm not confident of staying in the division. If we can get into the relegation/promotion playoff, I'll count that as a successful season!

dde01f72686dff2bde46ca01bfe27902.png

Good job with the promotion, your screenshot youth squad isn't right.

Hi everyone

Thinking of starting this challenge again soon, have a few teams in mind, probably in England as I enjoy the non-league pyramid.

I have a slight issue that I wondered if anyone here would know how to fix - I have downloaded the TCM '21 logo megapack and whilst it initially worked perfectly, the alignment of the badge over the non-licensed kits has become misaligned and no longer is where the badge should be (I think it happened after I refreshed something in preferences). The screenshot below demonstrates:

712642920_badgeproblem.PNG.d4e76f31cfd5deb2ec93dd34c71d3f3d.PNG

Has anyone had a similar issue and managed to fix it? I would really appreciate knowing how to as the badge not appearing where it should is really triggering me :lol:

So guys, the Chemnitzer dream is over. Started 2nd season so well, undefeated in 9 games with 6 wins and 3 draws. Had 6 long term injuries (3months+) within 3 weeks and went on a run of 21 losses and 2 draws. Tried everything to turn it around but ultimately, the squad wasn't good enough to cope with the injuries.

1 minute ago, schnauzer said:

Hi everyone

Thinking of starting this challenge again soon, have a few teams in mind, probably in England as I enjoy the non-league pyramid.

I have a slight issue that I wondered if anyone here would know how to fix - I have downloaded the TCM '21 logo megapack and whilst it initially worked perfectly, the alignment of the badge over the non-licensed kits has become misaligned and no longer is where the badge should be (I think it happened after I refreshed something in preferences). The screenshot below demonstrates:

712642920_badgeproblem.PNG.d4e76f31cfd5deb2ec93dd34c71d3f3d.PNG

Has anyone had a similar issue and managed to fix it? I would really appreciate knowing how to as the badge not appearing where it should is really triggering me :lol:

Are you using a custom skin?

1901350353_pastpositions2.PNG.7aa241da95cb76e26f8441bbf85bcde5.PNG

On The Pitch - League Table
Have to be happy with that!  Technically top half of the table (8th out of 16) and something to build on.
First two competitive games were league cup games, the first round being on penalties.  We went with an attacking 442, after seeing the standard of play in the friendlies.  Essentially you try to force the opposition into more mistakes than you make....
We either won or we lost!  It took 22 competitive games (mid November) until we notched our first draw.  Most games were goal fests, with only failing to score in 5 games all season and ridiculously only keeping 1 (one!) clean sheet!
As the past positions chart shows in the header, we were never truly in danger of relegation and once the league settled down we never had thoughts of promotion either.
The seasons highlights was without a doubt the first round of the Welsh Cup at home against non league Brymbo.  We started strong (9-0 at half time!) and ran out 11-1 winners, to set all sorts of records.

Off The Pitch
Slow and steady progress.  We only ever had one transfer bid/contract offer made for a player and we fended that off with a new contract offer ourselves.  No doubt that will change as our kids get better, but for now there are no issues there.
In August the board agreed to a youth recruitment upgrade and made a promise to upgrade junior coaching if we played young players this season.  I kept my promise and then so did the board!  I gained my National C licence and have started my National B.
In November there was media chatter about a possible board takeover, but nothing came of it.

Youth Intake - screenshot
A little underwhelmed at immediate impact players, but there is potential there aplenty to come in and take over from my bunch of ragtag milkmen, accountants and warehouse workers!  Everyone stayed at the club and four were tagged.  A handful made their debuts in the final two games of the season they were eligible for.  Monmouth is right on the border of Wales & England, which would explain the English contingent in the intake, although Eastbourne & Stockport are not exactly just around the corner...
Tim Fairclough 01A - Central midfield is the one spot we have cover at, and not with over 35 year old either!  He made a cameo in central midfield for 30 minutes and scored a direct freekick and then played 90 minutes on the right wing and scored there as well!
Mario Mee 01B - Will start to see minutes right off the bat due to what is (or is not) ahead of him in the pecking order
Charlie Waite 01C - Ditto for Charlie.  Would love to see a little more pace on them, but beggars cannot be choosers :)
Marcus Garner 01D - Has good pace on him for our level, but little in the way of finishing.  Will get some run outs for sure and we'll see if the quantity of chances can make up for the potential quality of his finishing.  Was the sole player to attract a rivals contract offer, but we kept a hold of him for now.

Squad Stats

Transfers

image.png.18147d0ee8be2dd9be5f9e486a7c1b2f.png

image.png.b9df4aea3fa5655568bd33d84d53de3f.png

Edited by Braumiller
updating image host links

South Shields March 2024 Update

1435853810_March12023Table.png.0f6062b4c28318688509fa939a2928d7.png212635739_January-February2024Fixtures.png.b6d85713c0becdc5d20b66222851698c.png

Choppy form when we have to play two matches in week especially if they stack up in back-to-back weeks.  Not fit enough to play most of my starting XI so a lot of rotation is needed which leads to choppy form.

1283654688_February12024Mentoring.png.20938b85526238fcc9776ef1e3874db1.png

1652865323_March12023Mentoring.png.54ba8060929b4e1b3dddf13bafc98a17.png

Just need some better personalities.

3 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

South Shields March 2024 Update

1435853810_March12023Table.png.0f6062b4c28318688509fa939a2928d7.png212635739_January-February2024Fixtures.png.b6d85713c0becdc5d20b66222851698c.png

Choppy form when we have to play two matches in week especially if they stack up in back-to-back weeks.  Not fit enough to play most of my starting XI so a lot of rotation is needed which leads to choppy form.

1283654688_February12024Mentoring.png.20938b85526238fcc9776ef1e3874db1.png

1652865323_March12023Mentoring.png.54ba8060929b4e1b3dddf13bafc98a17.png

Just need some better personalities.

I wonder what Kris has been saying to become that little more controversial 

I was not expecting the prize money allocation for CFA China League One to be this bad. Basically from 1st to 16th it's just €75K.

spacer.png

It's going to be an uphill battle to get facility upgrades but we will see.

Edited by hubwub

11 hours ago, Padders said:

Probably done over 30 season now. The first week didn't get past 3 seasons

At a guess, on my 15th attempt now

Are you doing the exact same as in FM20? If yes - why not try something new? A new playstyle or play inbetween matches? (If no, then try if you lose a few games to get their morale up again)

CD Concepción logo.jpg

Season 1 - 2022 - End of Season Update

Overview

image.png.b01d40c7887bccdaf19973d9ef6cf12d.png

Managed to sneak into the final playoff spot in 6th place (2nd to 6th go into playoffs , 2nd waits in the promotion final) but lost heavily to Deportivo Nublense (who I managed in another lifetime back in FM19).  The first half of the season was inconsistent, having spent the majority of it experimenting with different formations with the 12 outfielders I had enough trust in to play.  It must have been difficult for them, especially as I kept trying to retrain them in new positions every other week!  Ended the season with a 10 match unbeaten run before being routed in the playoff quarterfinals, with a more settled formation and tactics.  It was tough to only have one recognised centreback for the whole season, who ended up suspended for the first leg of the quarter final!  We proceeded to lose 5-0 on aggregate.

League Table

image.png.f0ee4a39251fb2d4360c98ec59bdc19f.png

Youth Intake #1

image.png.46a2d4c44b3ff597b8a8b2061af46a08.png

Desperate for any players, I think I signed almost the entire intake, especially the two centrebacks.  Alvaro Berrios is already touted as a future star player, as are Anibal Aguayo and Joel Salgado.  Fortunately both Berrios and Salgado have been blessed with decent determination (something my Assistant Manager was quick to take credit for).  

Spoiler

image.png.b6f5b951121f90a38049be645f429575.png

Spoiler

image.png.a5e83e72093dd941ecdf9e645ce506b3.png

Spoiler

image.png.172f477fe5d48b84b09c9a5a06d357a2.png

Transfers

image.png.a69ff151d278138acb79a429e9d7b2fc.png

The Squad

image.png.e35ba4a84ede419aa5bb015c370373f1.png

The final settled XI are quite young, with only Gabriel Vargas at 38 years old will need replacing at some point next season.  The two Diazes patrolled the right wing of the pitch, while the two Vargases toiled up front together.  Luckily, I managed to tie all the XI to at least another year of mediocrity with me in the second division.

Progress

image.png.0adb0edc9013931b416b32e044a4d50f.png

In the end

A decent start to the challenge!  The most difficult part was trying to win games with a small and rigid squad, but the sleepless nights have dissipated and constant looks from the players has turned into grudging acceptance.  

Edited by yowg8ynwa
Somehow put the second half of the update in a spoiler

Team.png.f7dab59bb2771fc97e60e3243792db35.png

2023/2024

Season to remember

Spoiler

Capture32.thumb.PNG.89a5ff80249cf74fb6aa4a1436231ba6.PNG

Spoiler

Capture38.thumb.PNG.2ea8def5101fb1fbb6a339baf1debd49.PNG

Biggest Win/Match to Remember/Goal of the Season

Spoiler

Capture33.PNG.aa6ff300f5dd0c408e671f20ffc55ba3.PNG

How we lined up

Spoiler

Capture35.thumb.PNG.aad9362b26916d5734ebf8bdb23e50d8.PNG

Youth Intake

Spoiler

Capture29.thumb.PNG.b7bcb8d93e1e309c78a5a4568981075a.PNG

Top Prospect

Spoiler

MartinTrixier.thumb.PNG.014f260213131b9143af8d185f3fa872.PNG

Overall a definitely successful season marred by poor consistency and major drops in form. I haven't moved away from the 451 because despite it all it is working to keep me me afloat but talent and age dictates eventually there will be two strikers up front unless something drastic happens. Financial outlook is positive, board continues to deny most of my requests but at least the players are happy and haven't thrown a spanner in the proverbial works as of yet.

I would love to have some defensive depth, whenever we missed players through injury or bans it was too high a price to pay, full backs being a particular weakness, the current academy prospects all want for pace so I'll have to move to a low block featuring a lower defensive line or just over commit to the press and die by it, havent decided.

Edited by witticism
formatting

Sacachispas Fútbol Club - Welcome to Purple Inside! The website of purple  teams in the world!

Youth Intake 2023 

Sacachispas FC

Our new Head of Youth Development gave promises of a great intake, but it didn't really live up to expectation. The fact that I got what seems like a really talented goalkeeper was very good as our current nr. 1 is getting old, but I would loved some more overall quality. 

Our terrible finances, which are so bad I fear for the future of the club, does not allow for any upgrades to junior coaching our youth recruitment. I can't blame the board for denying it either, we are absolutely bleeding money! 

848174214_2020-11-2610_50_19-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.d14db8a9175fc34df1197f815fe27c82.jpg           522416542_2020-11-2610_50_31-FootballManager2021.thumb.jpg.297bd3ce1e9e9187c5f461b7805733e7.jpg

Edited by thomas_e

2 hours ago, KVJ92 said:

Are you doing the exact same as in FM20? If yes - why not try something new? A new playstyle or play inbetween matches? (If no, then try if you lose a few games to get their morale up again)

Yes playing the same way

I do try get the morale up, praise training, do team meetings etc

I've decided I want to head over to a new country. I might revive Follo at some point, but I felt I needed a change of scenery. So I went to the city of Wrexham, in Wales and I've taken over Brickfield Rangers. Mostly because I love the logo! Unfortunately, the logo was not in my logo pack, so I had to add it myself.... and I such at photoshop (plus, I don't own it... mspaint got used). So if anyone know how, and can be bothered to remove white backgrounds from a normal and a small logo, then let me know! Otherwise I'll have a strange white background to the logo....

Anyway, here's my profile!

F9vqXlh.png

No staff, and what seems to be horrible players. I just love it!

1 minute ago, XaW said:

And being professional!

Excellent development on that guy, @thomas_e!

I didnt even see that, yeah those two would help immensely.

Speaking of change of scenery, started my yearly norway save, non-challenge tho. I will have champions league football in the arctic circle again :lol:

I wonder how are you guys setting up the staff responsibilities to get optimal set-up and not too many tasks by yourself? Are you attending all press conferences or you just send the AM to take them?

I'm coming from FM Touch world so there is a lot of novelty for me so I would appreciate some nice tips from professionals over here.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

I've decided I want to head over to a new country. I might revive Follo at some point, but I felt I needed a change of scenery. So I went to the city of Wrexham, in Wales and I've taken over Brickfield Rangers. Mostly because I love the logo! Unfortunately, the logo was not in my logo pack, so I had to add it myself.... and I such at photoshop (plus, I don't own it... mspaint got used). So if anyone know how, and can be bothered to remove white backgrounds from a normal and a small logo, then let me know! Otherwise I'll have a strange white background to the logo....

Anyway, here's my profile!

F9vqXlh.png

No staff, and what seems to be horrible players. I just love it!

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2021/team/355595/brickfield-rangers

Right click on the logo and save.

Then readjust it.

3 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2021/team/355595/brickfield-rangers

Right click on the logo and save.

Then readjust it.

Yeah, it's the readjusting I fail at. When I resize it in mspaint (to fit into the 200x200 and 20x20) it adds a white background. That's my issue...

31 minutes ago, uroszila said:

I wonder how are you guys setting up the staff responsibilities to get optimal set-up and not too many tasks by yourself? Are you attending all press conferences or you just send the AM to take them?

I'm coming from FM Touch world so there is a lot of novelty for me so I would appreciate some nice tips from professionals over here.

I have set press conferences to myself, but I often send my assistant if things are going well. It's when we are struggling that those thing can be important so then I do it myself to make sure I fire up the players or relieve pressure.

Badge.jpg.f0d9932f3812e3366ea801ada653bfa5.jpg

SEASON 9 - 2030 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES - FIXTURES -  FIXTURES PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  

MANAGER PROFILE -  CHARACTERISTICS  -  ATTRIBUTES 

CLUB PROFILE  -  GENERAL  -  FACILITIES  -  HONOURS  -  FINANCES  -  TRANSFERS 

LEAGUE CUP

Good performance all round with a couple of big wins and an impressive 5-2 win over KA in there. As always the group seems to come down to one match and this time it was Vikingur R., who beat us 4-1 and that was that for another year.

CHAMPIONS CUP

On the back of our cup win, we were in the Icelandic version of the charity shield. A good performance and a 4-0 win over Valur, meant that we had won the trophy for the first time and that I would join the Icelandic Hall of Fame :-)!

LEAGUE

Pretty mediocre season and not much to write home about. Inconsistent again, refelected in a 9th place finish.

ICELANDIC CUP

Another good run in the cup seen us get to the Semi-final. Wedged in between two European ties I risked it and played a 2nd team. A 4-1 defeat to FH followed. Was worth it (for the first leg at least).

EURO CUP II

The draw was a little kinder than it has been in the past. Buduucnost, of Montenegro, up first, A 4-0 win away in the first leg meant we could rest players for the home leg. A 1-0 defeat didn't matter as we were through 4-1 on aggregate. This is where the draw was kinder then previous years. Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar was next. 5-0 at home and 5-1 away, meant for a 10-1 aggregate win and the reward of a glamour(ish) tie with Rosenborg. Having sacrificed a cup semi-final for the first leg, the plan seemed to pay off. A 2-0 win on the counter was probably the greatest result in the clubs history. Just keep it tight in the 2nd leg, maybe nick an away goal... we were beaten 6-1 and was lucky it was only 6. To be fair, we are far too early in our project to be expecting to knock Rosenborg out, but the first leg was brilliant and we made around £400k in gate receipts and prize money, although still in debt!! Great performance overall.

THE PLAYERS

A changing of the guard really, with goalkeeper Sigporson the only regular from day one. DM Ingolfur Adalsteinsson is starting to make progress and had a solid season. 

THE YOUTH INTAKE

First intake, since the improvements to coaching and recruitment and it was the best one for a while. Pedicted as a 'golden generation', 3 players already on 2 starts and plenty with 4 star potential.

1567028204_SeasonInfo.PNG.4d031945c4d9a1c3020bcea53c8dec45.PNG

8 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, it's the readjusting I fail at. When I resize it in mspaint (to fit into the 200x200 and 20x20) it adds a white background. That's my issue...

Im currently at work.

I saved a site for this, I will drop you a PM later that day.

24 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

Im currently at work.

I saved a site for this, I will drop you a PM later that day.

I managed to fix it, thanks to some hints from @Motlhen! Paint 3D can resize without adding a canvas, just FYI for anyone else doing something with logos.

Looks so much better without that white canvas!

image.png.30447df39dce81a9eeaab7d246020b67.png

Edited by XaW

Interestingly, in Wales, I don't have any staff who want to join.... I mean NO ONE. So I have to manage the U19s as well. It could be fun, but all U19s are greys... That's an example of what I'm going to use Instant Result for, as managing a squad of only greys is not something I would call fun.

19 minutes ago, XaW said:

Interestingly, in Wales, I don't have any staff who want to join.... I mean NO ONE. So I have to manage the U19s as well. It could be fun, but all U19s are greys... That's an example of what I'm going to use Instant Result for, as managing a squad of only greys is not something I would call fun.

That's an odd one :(

Main points of advice in Wales, make the opposition commit more mistakes than you.  They are going to happen to both teams anyway, put them under pressure to make more than you :)

Speed kills.  Good lord, the difference with two forwards with relative pace / acceleration for the level after the intake (13/11 & 12/10) is night & day......

8 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

That's an odd one :(

Main points of advice in Wales, make the opposition commit more mistakes than you.  They are going to happen to both teams anyway, put them under pressure to make more than you :)

Speed kills.  Good lord, the difference with two forwards with relative pace / acceleration for the level after the intake (13/11 & 12/10) is night & day......

Yeah, I mean, I play fast at any rate, but it's usually 2D or commentary only when I've found something that works, but I'm not doing it for TWO clubs! ;) So I'm going to IR my U19s for now. As soon as I get in ANY staff I can delegate it to, I'll do it.

I've found speed to be important already and this guy is running through everything (not that he is fast, but his acceleration is enough)

image.png.62c25fa0c6061089855dd40c68b6b14d.png

His finishing is also decent and OtB is nice as well. So I imagine he will score quite a few goals.

My main problem so far is remembering who is who.. both my strikers are called Jones... The same is a midfielder and a left back, so I've subbed wrongly already a few times...

image.png.a2195c6a201e6fc18e4f0069852ea178.png

I'm really looking forward to the first intake though! My whole squad is 15 players, so I can't even fill out the bench.

Edit: Just got in a horrible GK coach! So I have someone to manage the U19s!
image.png.cd0fc062014cce1cd813efd5d5659d29.png

Something something beggars choosers...

Edited by XaW

5 minutes ago, XaW said:

My main problem so far is remembering who is who.. both my strikers are called Jones... The same is a midfielder and a left back, so I've subbed wrongly already a few times...

image.png.a2195c6a201e6fc18e4f0069852ea178.png

I'm really looking forward to the first intake though! My whole squad is 15 players, so I can't even fill out the bench.

27% of your squad are Jones's. I don't blame you for getting confused- that's a commentators nightmare!

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I had the same issue with both FCs last year named Ford :)

Intakes = :hammer:, moreso than usual

9 games into season two and I now put any youth in when needed, regardless of what they look like stat wise :lol:  The 16 year old MC I hadn't given a second look towards except to fill my bench to cover for suspensions now has a goal and an assist in 3 sub appearances.  He is getting a start next match!

40 minutes ago, XaW said:

Same thing happened in Northern Ireland. I was able to find a reserve manager after maybe 3-4 months. Struggled to find an assistant manager as well, so I just took a coach so I can at least see some star ratings and player reports.

Good luck in Wales!

Badge.jpg.57e35f102339f15d9086935122ca9641.jpg

SEASON 10 - 2031 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES  -  FIXTURES -  PLAYER STATS  -  TEAM STATS  -  COMPETITION REVIEW  

MANAGER PROFILE -  CHARACTERISTICS  -  ATTRIBUTES 

CLUB PROFILE  -  GENERAL  -  FACILITIES  -  HONOURS  -  FINANCES  -  TRANSFERS 

LEAGUE CUP

Similar to last season. Good performances, but one result means we don't go through from the groups.

LEAGUE

Awful start, with wins in the opening 6 games. Chopping and changing the formation didn't help, but 7 games in we seemed to hit something that was at least getting us goals. At the begining of the change, we hit some really strange results. A 5-4 win and two 6-4's one in favour, one against was a bit of a wild spell. Things settled down though and we only lost 1 of the last 10 games, winning 7, to finish in a respectable 5th place. 4 wins from the final 4 games was a good sign and hopefully we can take this form into the new season. Decent season and excited for what next year could bring.

ICELANDIC CUP

Really dissapointing performance. Out at the first stage at home to Fylkir.

THE PLAYERS

Gylfi Sigurjonsson is my favourite player so far on this save. Another impressive season, with 7.45 av rating breaking our previous best. Hakon Ungi Leosson broke through at only 16, to form a good partnership with him. Great breakout season. Ingolfur Adalsteinsson carried on from last season and chipped in with 4 goals when pushed into the attacking midfielder role. Kristofer Hinrinkson was back to his best, with 20 in 27 starts and an impressive 18 in 21 in the league. To partner him, Kjartan Stefansson stepped out from the cold to bag 16 in 20 league games and 22 in all comps.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Our best intake yet, with 8 4 star potentials and 3 players already with 2 and a half stars. The facility improvements seem to be paying off.

1898728729_SeasonInfo.PNG.5edebc9b1dffacb0252ece88a49796c2.PNG

19 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

@XaW, when your GK coach has a GK Shot Stopping skill of 1 and your best striker has 1 in passing, concentration, teamwork and strength, then you can at least call that save a challenge! 

Probably the worst coach I've ever seen and he's your only one.. jeeez

Yeah, he is so far the only one I have convinced to join us... slim pickings here in lower league Wales... The only staff I get when I search for "realistic appointments" are performance analysts and sports scientists...Oh and one manager, who won't talk contracts with me, so I guess his "realistic appointment" is taking over my job. I don't even have an assistant or a HoYD yet!

And yes, he is quite poor, but in the 2 cup games I've played so far, he has 2 goals and 2 assists. Now, I don't know what that says about our opponents, but here we are! :D

800px-Logo_FC_Carl_Zeiss_Jena_svg.png.e52902f1e77f4ea8af21fd8da68d6877.png

Make East Germany proud!

January Review

22 league games into the season I wanted to share my first results. Well, we're beating the expectations quite a lot, sitting in 2nd place 12 above the prediction. 

table.png.5ec48e784b0361507f8b9f2d17e42691.png                                                                                  prediction.png.d28421de0a4a3d13e66667a23ec9977e.png

Big Part of the Success

Spoiler

I was searching for a Assistant Manager with some experience of Bundesliga to make sure my players listen to him in training, what I've found was the brain behind the Runner's Up of 2002 World Cup.

The assistant of Rudi Völler in the German National Team - Michael Skibbe.

304700559_MichaelSkibbe_Profile.thumb.png.628e71d99f1e70949f96265f90c72930.png

Youth Intake Preview

Spoiler

Pretty happy with that, would've prefered a Striker but who am I to complain.

youthPreview.png.1a4b7fe5fb4c3f82544157fa355ac8b3.png

Under 19s League

Spoiler

Even more unexpected than the first team were the youngsters who atm can't play in the first team.

With Maik Weber destroying the league by scoring 38 goals in 18 games.

1866802112_A-Junioren-RegionalligaNordost_Profile.thumb.png.effac5c7daeeb5f124585058d792d7ba.png

But Weber isn't the guy you were expecting these numbers from...

Youth Prospects (feat. Braveheart)

Spoiler

Zero red cards in 22 games is impressive for him

1066287861_MichaelKrger_Profile.thumb.png.b77b7f380b54c569adef7a1f00d307d2.png

Braveheart's little brother Bjarne

733206100_BjarneAlgermissen_Profile.thumb.png.800115dcae5d6fd3963c3338a03ee479.png

Edited by heutheo
formatting