The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Badge.jpg.73929ca5b6d613d05979b3b7535f29f5.jpg

SEASON 6 - 2026/27 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE - FIXTURES - FIXTURES- PLAYER STATS - TEAM STATS - COMPETITION REVIEW

MANAGER PROFILE - CHARACTERISTICS - ATTRIBUTES

CLUB PROFILE - GENERAL - FACILITIES - HONOURS - FINANCES - TRANSFERS

LEAGUE CUP

So back in the top flight, 3rd time lucky. Hopefully. I wanted to use the league cup to gauge how well we could cope back in the top league. The group stage went perfectly, with 5 wins from  5 and scoring 23 goals. Through to the semi-final were we met Fylkir. It was a poor performance and we barely created a chance in 90 minutes. Into extra time and a few fresh legs chnaged the tide and we snook out with a 1-0 win. Into the final were we would play KR. We took an early lead and was holding our own, but 2 goals in 4 minutes completely spun the game. A late equaliser from Henriksson (now a mainstay), meant it would be extra-time again. Into extra-time and in the blink of an eye we are 5-2 down. A late consolation means it finishes 5-3, but it wasn't to be and we finish as runners-up. Hopefully a sign of better things to come in the league.

LEAGUE

I was hoping that we would bring the good form from the League Cup into the league and things started well if not a lot quieter than normal for our style. 2 wins and a draw in the first 3 saw a good start, but it wasn't till the 4th game in that we managed more than 1 goal. That game resulted in an unlucky defeat to Fylkir, but we bounced back, goin unbeaten in the next 7 league games. After 14 games, we were sat in 3rd place, 7 points off the top and with two games in hand. Surely wew were safe this time! A slightly rocky patch inthe 3rd quarter of the season saw a couple more defeats, but by the time the 18th match came around, we found ourselves 3rd and 4 points off the top. With three games to go we travelled to our bogey team, Breioablik, knowing a win would close the gap to just two points. A 2-2 draw under normal circumstances would be perfectly fine, but wassn't quite enough. Vikingur R. went into their game with KR knowing a win would seal the title, and win they did. In fact they ha dactually wrapped it up in style, going unbeaten for the whole league campaign. Two home wins meant that we had sealed 2nd place and for the first time we wouldn't be relegated straight back to the First Division. Overall a magnificent season, with a runners-up spot and a European place, but I still finished the league campaign knowing a couple of goals here and there and we would of been champions.

ICELANDIC CUP

After two impressive performances over Por and Fram, we met a team in Breioablik, that we had yet to beat. It took extra-time, but a 4-2 win meant we were into the semi's and confidence was high. A hard fought 1-0 win to Grotta meant that we were back into the final, where we would face KR. The team who had previously beaten us in the League Cup Final. A close first half saw us peg them back to 1-1 thanks to a goal from Jonsson. By 60 minutes we had raced clear into a 3-1 lead and it looked like it could be our year again. But 2 goals in 10 minutes from Bjornsson completed his hattrick and meant we were going to extra-time again. Extra-time was far more quiet than the League Cup Final but with just 2 minutes remaining, 16 year old substitute Wohler came off the bench to smash in the winner and bring the cup back to Haukar!!!

THE PLAYERS

Aron Skuli Brynjarsson carried on all the other seasons, as out top scorer again, this time bagging 26 in 28 starts. Kristofer Hinriksson, from last years intake, established himself as the right sided striker and managed an imppressive 18 goals in 30 games, with 9 in 18 in the league. Kristofer Jonson made up the left sided spot and carried on his First Division form, with 18 in 30 and Gylfi Sigurjonsson had an impressive season with an av. rating of 7.30. He formed a good partnership at centre back with now established Patrekur Sverrison.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

Another decent intake with Ingolfur Aoalsteinsson the one who could push his way in next season.

927437447_SeasonInfo.PNG.fa8890eca962f36010a2a5106b6fe3e9.PNG

CD Concepción logo.jpg

Season 1 - 2022

Started a save in the Primera B de Chile, after a few attempts to figure out the league systems in Mexico and South Korea.  From what I can tell Concepcion were promoted after finishing second in the third tier.  The Chilean league calendar starts in February and ends in November (I think).

It seems like the league reset date for Chile is around January 10th.

image.png.7001f7cc7e8c347e0bf8cafd9495c9ef.png

Here is the first team squad:

image.png.21e794eab7f8145f0aea36adcb6a6936.png

And here is the U19 squad:

image.png.4fc729cfde85c0e4e22c4fd039111cee.png

Also, the club has a club culture of signing players under the age of 23 for the team...does anyone know if this will be a huge factor in keeping me in the job?

image.png.84ba971fa1737c636f758a374d7c5918.png

This is my first time joining a challenge on the forums, so if anyone can offer any advice for having screenshots as links instead of massive pictures, it would be appreciated!

6 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

To link a screenshot, highlight the text you want to be the link and click the link button on the toolbar in this type box.  In the URL box, put the link of the screenshot.

Do I need to have the screenshot hosted on another site when I do this?

20 minutes ago, yowg8ynwa said:

Also, the club has a club culture of signing players under the age of 23 for the team...does anyone know if this will be a huge factor in keeping me in the job?

Yes, its a factor, but it shouldnt weigh too heavily. I had the same club culture in my youth only save. The board removed it after one season. I did perform far above expectations, however.

3 minutes ago, yowg8ynwa said:

Do I need to have the screenshot hosted on another site when I do this?

You would need to host it on another website. I tend to use Imgur. It's easy to use and you can put together all your images per season in one folder.

In which countries do you get prize money in the highest (or lower) division? I even have the impression that in the Belgian league you only get money for the first place in the highest division. In real life you get money per position. This challenge is much harder if you play in a country without prize money ?

18 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Going into europe will be good for your balance, @XaWhow is your balance ?

It's been dropping like crazy, but the 4th place gave me just over a million pound to take me ONLY a million in the red... youth coaching costs!

32 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

In which countries do you get prize money in the highest (or lower) division? I even have the impression that in the Belgian league you only get money for the first place in the highest division. In real life you get money per position. This challenge is much harder if you play in a country without prize money ?

Germany.  Nothing in the third tier, the division you would start in, but if you then finished bottom of the second tier, you still get over £6m.

Edited by DazRTaylor

SalPa 21-22

image.png.20ac68e851d54259e170322dbb80cab4.pngimage.png.988204270b0bd4a06a175635b3a4438f.png

took a while to play the season, have been really busy but i finally got there. Was once again predicted to go down and 10 games i was bottom with 1 win but then we won once again and the momentum just carried us from there. Got another Golden Gen youth intake and the new youth facilities also got completed. Junior Coaching is also now up to excellent status. Good 1st year in the 1st tier and a platform to build on.

-Transfers

-Youth Intake

-Top 3 players:Claudio Merville, Pasi Salminen, Kasperi Tuomi 

-Hot Prospects:Job Campos, Louis Kalonji, Markus Laurila

image.png.514e04b1fdd84aeed7ab302e5eb73063.png

Season 5 finished. Once again, finishing in 14th. Gustavao Vadillo and Pablo are now my better players, despite Pablo not playing well this season. Youth intake this year was bad, i only had one Golden generation in 5 years. Finances are in really bad shape, but the board didn't force me to sell anyone yet, wich is preety good.Screenshot_399.png.f75a27d3c760c941f83d93da1cebd1b5.png

Screenshot_400.png.9ff805a4fdaedda76de5a1e8f085aa26.png

Screenshot_403.png.17b1c5268f4e33c80e2ff1c8f9b561a0.png

Screenshot_404.png.6abcf263b3a66f84e01b713b87552eb2.png

Best youngster:Screenshot_405.png.6586b2cbc6ef419430b383a6c3bc8f1d.png

Screenshot_397.png

Edited by filipefm20

Right let's go again

Here I am, back in charge of Kingstonian's - they are my local club really, I live 3 minutes from what was their ground, Kingsmedow, before a dodgy owner with poor financial call, AFC Wimbledon and Chelsea moved in, they now play in Tolworth which is still only about 30 minutes from me so let's go! 

nuneaton-borough-badge | Chorley FC

Nuneaton Borough 2022/23 Season review.

Competitions

Vanarama National League South - League table

FA Cup - lost in 4th qualifying round

FA Trophy - lost in 3rd qualifying round

Well that was a shock to the system. The positive end to last season was a false dawn, and the reality was very bleak. 

After a poor opening ten games, I came to conclusion the system that ended last season so well needed to be changed. This did not go well! We struggled through the next 20 games, only winning on rare occasions. 

Returning to a more defensive version of the original system saw us look more competitive in games and pick up a few wins. It was a 5 way battle to avoid relegation and despite slightly better form, we were in 21st place by the time the final game week game round. Only 2 points separated 4 teams. 

We managed to scrape a 1-0 win at home and it was enough to leapfrog a couple of teams and finish in 19th. Hard to know what to expect next season, but it cannot afford to be any worse than this! 

Playing squad

Some of the terrible form could be blamed on the lack of a clear starting 11. Throughout the season I rotated heavily, trying out new combinations of players from the previous year's intake. Our veteran Carl Baker has retired at the ripe old age of 40. 

Youth team

Youth Intake

Less variety in this year's intake, but a similar depth of potential. One player looks ready to start in the first team.

Richard Frater (23a)

Tommy Hill (23b) 

Spencer Molyneux (23c)

Brendan Noakes (23d)  

Finances, Facilities and Transfers

Our finances seem stable enough, we haven't upgraded anything yet, but that isn't a concern for now. I picked up my second coaching badge. 

Berchem Sport was a beautiful story but unfortunately because of a nasty bug (best defender was called up for Surinamie while he is one hundred percent Belgian in real life, i reported this bug and hoped it wouldn't bother me but... ) . Because of this I had to miss him in a few crucial matches. Also the huge stadium that no longer exists in real life and the big youth setup costs and lack of future income (no prize money in belgium ) made me decide to quit. still a quick report : In the cup competition we were very strong.  We beat two first class teams on our way to the quarter finals. There Genk (top Belgium) was too strong for us. Unfortunately it brought us hardly any money.
In the competition we started with difficulty but after a good series we were suddenly just under playoff place. On the last matchday we had to win and lose Tienen . Unfortunately we won both and didn't end in a playoff place. All in all a good season .  The youth intake was very poor despite good facilities.  

9b0224709eec36f1d46d40d79a2255b7.png

Back to the drawing board and hopefully third good time ? no idea yet in which country I can start and if I wait until the full release. I want a relative 'small league' with teams that don't have big & good squads and i want to end up in competitions that gains a lot of prize money.. i don't think those kind of country excists. 

After the bugs in Portugal and Belenenses and these tricky little disadvantages in Berchem and Belgium, I'm going to wait and see before I post my intro. first finish a season before I post something here.

Edited by OlivierL

2 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Berchem Sport was a beautiful story but unfortunately because of a nasty bug (best defender was called up for Surinamie while he is one hundred percent Belgian in real life, i reported this bug and hoped it wouldn't bother me but... ) . Because of this I had to miss him in a few crucial matches. Also the huge stadium that no longer exists in real life and the big youth setup costs and lack of future income (no prize money in belgium ) made me decide to quit. still a quick report : In the cup competition we were very strong.  We beat two first class teams on our way to the quarter finals. There Genk (top Belgium) was too strong for us. Unfortunately it brought us hardly any money.
In the competition we started with difficulty but after a good series we were suddenly just under playoff place. On the last matchday we had to win and lose Tienen . Unfortunately we won both and didn't end in a playoff place. All in all a good season .  The youth intake was very poor despite good facilities.  

9b0224709eec36f1d46d40d79a2255b7.png

Back to the drawing board and hopefully third good time ? no idea yet in which country I can start and if I wait until the full release. I want a relative 'small league' with teams that don't have big & good squads and i want to end up in competitions that gains a lot of prize money.. i don't think those kind of country excists. 

After the bugs in Portugal and Belenenses and these tricky little disadvantages in Berchem and Belgium, I'm going to wait and see before I post my intro. first finish a season before I post something here.

Yes Im also findin Belgium tough financially especially.  Loosing 50K a month.  Also lost 4 players to free transfers because of the contract bug.  Mid season and playing with relegation zone.  Will see where I am at the end of the season if I manage to not get sacked.

On 20/11/2020 at 14:08, Bruce Drundrige said:

I really don't know why I've decided to inflict this challenge on myself but I've only played a handful of games and I'm addicted already. 

Sacked in February... just as my experimental 3-3-4 formation was looking promising. 

I only had 2 CDs and one of them left in January because he wanted a new challenge. This is tough. Starting again!

Excelsior Maassluis 2021/22 Season Review

32d2d0928e97768de4b6a8bb0184a3b8.png

7ac6ae8cc1fcc8b2166865d1d443e15e.png

Kenny Lipman - Marius van Mil - Daan Blij

We survived, and pretty comfortably eventually! We held our own pretty well, and we weren't too far off a playoff spot, but realistically we never stood a chance of getting there. But still, I think we did really well, given the fact that the general consensus seems to be that the Netherlands is really difficult. Next season will probably be a struggle, but the positives are that we have a training upgrade on the way and have upgraded JC and YR. We're also pretty strong financially at the moment, but with these upgrades it could change.

Youth Intake

559f1d46e52101874f00be8360a1436b.png

Ronald Hanssen 1A - Rodrigue Mabiti 1B - Rolf Windhorst 1C

An intake that ruined our all-Dutch squad, but there's 2 5* prospects there worth getting excited about.

Transfers

bb4e69445b2b4db6e249e18826d51c68.png

We let our starting RWB go for a decent fee with a 50% sell-on. I hope it won't be a mistake!

Progress

3173910ca3d92714f7c9816a536dfa4e.png

1994360474_B1908logo.png.9e22df1ba0abb417ce02954737dc8aff.png

Season 3 - 2022/23

The league

Third season is a charm. We startet of terrible with a lot of unstable results. Mid season it turned around after pushing one striker down to the AMC position as a shadow striker and pushed a central midfielder down in the DM strata. After the change we didn't lose for 10 games.

When the preliminary phase was over, we were sitting at top of the table. Unfortunately we couldn't hold on to the top spot, but we manage come in second and we got promoted to the 2. division (3. tier).

We used a lot of different players this year and got to intoduced a couple of youngsters to the main squad. We are really trying to make the transition slow, so we keep the balance of influental players in the starting elleven.

The cup

Nothing to report about in this years cup as we only made it to second round beat by our league rivals FC Roskilde.

Youth

This years youth intake preview was  once agian promise of a possible golden generation. The intake it self defintely didn't dissapoint. We signed the lot again :-) 

1100049941_YI-3.thumb.jpg.80a4a984abfe16b53a00ab389c3e9264.jpg

Other news

No transfers was made.

I firmly believe that the 2. division isn't much stronger than the 3. division, because the 3. division was created from 10 clubs from the 2. division and 2 promoted teams. We will proberly be just around mid table at the end of the season.

Edited by Bubbles_DK

Figured this was as good a place as any to ask, considering I play a flat 451, where would you slot this kid in if you were me:

BenoitDuval.thumb.PNG.8dea1d6df2983a47d3935cc030f4bd93.PNG

I havent got any interesting retrainting ideas so I think I might default to one of the three CM possibly.

778405945_RacingMechelen.png.3dd06485077f5423049c9bb02052496e.png

Racing Mechelen - Season 2024-2025 - 1st Amateur (3th division)

Predicted: 12th

Final position: 10th

We started the season with 4 points after 2 games, but could only win once in the next 10 games. We were never in the relegation postions, but were always in a relegation battle. We survived in our second last game of the season. To summarize our season with only 1 word: inconsistancy. WIth only 13 players it was a very hard season. Best player of the season was Dean Doncos, and in real life he is a good friend of me. Will be hard to kick him out of the team, when somebody else will be better. ;) He scored 17 of 40 goals this season.

Games 1:

Games 2:

Cup: we reached the 5th round.

Youth intake: A very good preview, and the actual intake was even better than expected. 13 players with 5* potential and 3 players with 4.5* potential. All players have at least 1 golden * at the intake. 6 players will be starters next season.

Miel Julien (YP1a): DC, will start next year.

Albert Collard (YP1b): AMC, also starter next season.

Enver Elezaj (YP1c): DR, also a starter next season.

Transfers: None

Finances: Terrible, lost more than 500K, and the board invested 230K.

Goals for next season: Stay out of a relegation battle, and give a lot of youngsters game time.

15 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Youth Candidates

Season 2025/26

FC United of Manchester

Errea is named new technical sponsor of FC United of Manchester!

After two fabulous youth intakes, it was always going to be a big ask for this year's to follow suit, but once again, our Head of Youth Development has come through for the club.  Some great potential here.

TSHqzJk.png

n1wMSI9.png

VTb9VUC.png

pa5Z9pG.png

FGUxopk.png

Jesus man, how are you getting these? :D 

40 minutes ago, witticism said:

Figured this was as good a place as any to ask, considering I play a flat 451, where would you slot this kid in if you were me:

BenoitDuval.thumb.PNG.8dea1d6df2983a47d3935cc030f4bd93.PNG

I havent got any interesting retrainting ideas so I think I might default to one of the three CM possibly.

Yeah would be one of the CMs for as well tbh. Probably the more attacking one with his long shots, technique and composure but that's me judging him against my vanarama south level players :D 

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yeah would be one of the CMs for as well tbh. Probably the more attacking one with his long shots, technique and composure but that's me judging him against my vanarama south level players :D 

I so badly wanted him to be a viable RB candidate but those physical attributes are not helping

Lordy, this first season in the top tier of Argentina is a slog....  42 league games with what looks like a slowly evolving league structure in progress.  Down to 21 teams next year and 40 league games, hoping it continues and we are reducing to 20 or maybe even 18?

Hoping to finish the season and post my update later today