The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Raffen said:

So now my most talented players doesn't want to sign contract extensions because my "squad isn't strong enough". Fingers crossed they see sense before the end of the season :idiot:

This killed my most recent attempt at this with Alania Vladikavkaz; kept straddling the line between top division and second division because the team was carried by two or three players - there really isn't any convincing them in my experience I'm afraid, if you do keep them let me know what you did!

9 minutes ago, Tilling said:

This killed my most recent attempt at this with Alania Vladikavkaz; kept straddling the line between top division and second division because the team was carried by two or three players - there really isn't any convincing them in my experience I'm afraid, if you do keep them let me know what you did!

I have a small hope that we'll stay in our current league position (2nd) until the midway point of the season, and they think we might be decent after all. But think it's unlikely. I guess 2-3 players maybe just have too much PA to agree to stay in the lowest divisions. Duncan Trotter 37a is a 5 star ability player now, after turning 16 years old a week ago. Youth upgrades seems to work, but maybe a tad too well in one or two cases :lol:

Edited by Raffen

4 minutes ago, Raffen said:

I have a small hope that we'll stay in our current league position (2nd) until the midway point of the season, and they think we might be decent after all. But think it's unlikely. I guess 2-3 players maybe just have too much PA to agree to stay in the lowest divisions. Duncan Trotter 37a is a 5 star ability player now, after turning 16 years old a week ago. Youth upgrades seems to work, but maybe a tad too well in one or two cases :lol:

Alternatively, some more of the U18s develop really fast into first team players

16 minutes ago, Raffen said:

I had a load of 3* players, of a decent standard for the league below, and then a goalie, a DM, and a striker all of 5*... seeing them all go at once just killed my enthusiasm haha.

To be fair, I'm really impressed at people who keep these going; how do you not lose faith when you've just got no way of changing the team around? 

Just now, Tilling said:

I had a load of 3* players, of a decent standard for the league below, and then a goalie, a DM, and a striker all of 5*... seeing them all go at once just killed my enthusiasm haha.

To be fair, I'm really impressed at people who keep these going; how do you not lose faith when you've just got no way of changing the team around? 

One of them suddenly wanted to sign a contract. Two others  not keen at all, both of them now wanted by League 2 teams... Could be a PA difference thing regarding the first one I guess? Losing the GK I can handle as I have one other that looks almost as good. The left back though will be a blow.

Been struggling a while tbh, but the FA cup windfall of a million euros lit a small spark again. Almost got to the 3rd round again this season, but lost in the 91st minute to Rochdale. Wouldn't have been top tier 3rd round opponent this time, only a struggling Championship side, but still.

I think the last youth intake was a bit of a gold mine though. More than one 16 year old who is good enough for the main squad now. Staying patient with a lot of them for now as I think they might develop better in the youth setup, at least until they get too good to ignore 

1 hour ago, Tilling said:

Anyone got any recommendations for teams to try and holiday for promoting teams in Brazil or Argentina? Looking for fallen giants with decent infrastructure, á la Kaiserslautern or Palermo?

@Cheez3y you were managing ABCFC if I remember right, what happened there?

• Energie Cottbus (Germany)
  • Clube de Futebol Os Belenenses (Portugal) (Many had concerns with this club though
  • KSC Lokeren-Temse (Belgium)

So we had 2 players in the English U19 champion team

Rhys Pearson in the dream team and golden boot winner with 3 goals.

And we are officially a rich club now.

Ready for PL debut against Chelsea - there can be only one real blue team!

20210228013247_1.jpg

20210228013241_1.jpg

20210228012457_1.jpg

20210228013211_1.jpg

20210228012451_1.jpg

image.png.055b344342e49ff82e41d1ac17e43aad.png

SC Freamunde

Season 10 - 2030/2031

Transfers - Past Positions - Best XI - Youth Intake - Finances

953be491dc1435eea7aa172f847a8d9e.png

Season Summary - 13th

With us now in the Second Division, we were invited to participate in the League Cup for the first time, which begins during pre-season. The board expected nothing and so did I. So I was pleasantly surprised when we beat another second division side 4-1 in the first game to then beat 1st division Santa Clara 1-0 in the second round and earn ourselves a spot in the groupstage. We are incredible, I remember thinking. 

First game of the league season was against fellow promoted side Porto B. And we smashed them, 4-0, and to the top of the league we go. We really were flying. And then, we weren't. Over the next three months, we lost 7 league games and tied one, also losing all three League Cup group stage games (against higher level oposition to be fair) and getting kicked out of the PT Cup. An instant return to the third tier seemed on the cards. 

For the first time in the save, I changed formations, dropping the wingers into wide-midfield to play with a 4-1-4-1. I also made our DM become an anchor man instead of a BWM. Instantly the team looked much more solid defensively, which seemed to benefit our attack as well. We lost the first game with the new formation despite being the better side, but then went on a 10 match unbeaten streak, winning 5, to get ourselves out of the relegation spots and with some breathing room. The rest of the season was inconsistent, as we won a few on the bounce, then lost again. Survival was secured with a few games to go and I couldn't be any happier about it. Highlight has to be the fact that we beat Champions Gil Vicente and 2nd placed Lusitana Lourosa both home and away this season, showing that when we show up we really can beat anyone.

Off the Field

As I mentioned in the thread, Belarmino Costa - YP1a became a legend years after leaving the club as he secured a 50M transfer to Atletico Madrid that left 24.75M in our coffers. Some of the money has been spent already on new training facilities and youth facilities. The club wants a new stadium too so don't be surprised to see that coming soon.

Prospects worth Noting 

No defenders here and that's for a reason, they can't seem to play consitently well.

Ailton Lopes - YP1d (GK) - Another season in goal, and he made me proud with something like 5 penalty saves. Getting called up for the Cape Verde national team but still no first cap.

Gustavo Gomes - YP1k (ST/AML/AMR) - I really struggle to understand how he is so good. Still just with 3 finishing, he got 19 goals and 5 assists in his first season at this level, and all that despite starting the season with a drought before I changed tactics.

Gustavo Cassiano - (AML/AMC/ML) - (5th intake) Had to be retrained at ML, but within a month he was a natural putting in great performances. 7 goals and 6 assists aren't bad. The 5 year deal he signed isn't either, except for the pesky release clause I hope to negotiate.

Daniel Andre - YP6b (AMR/MR) - Our star player in terms of CA, he spent most of the season grumbling that he wanted to leave but still putting in great performances. No goals for him, but he was our top assister with 8. Hoping I can get him to sign a new deal as his contract expires next summer, but if not a sell with a good future clause may be good.

Youth Intake

Amazing. Cannot wait to feed this guys through the pipeline, and having Gustavo Campos - YP10a gives me tranquility about potentially selling Andre. Rightfully earnt the golden generation tag, and my HOYD a 2 year extension.

Next Season

Survive, improve, continue to bleed youngsters into the side. Not a lot of changes from last year to this one as we tried to survive, but to continue improving we'll need to see new players come into the side.

10 hours ago, Tilling said:

Anyone got any recommendations for teams to try and holiday for promoting teams in Brazil or Argentina? Looking for fallen giants with decent infrastructure, á la Kaiserslautern or Palermo?

Can't see any fallen giants in Argentina.

8 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Taking a gamble with a new HOYD.  Dropping down from a "resolute" personality to "balanced" personality while increasing the reputation of the HOYD.  Hoping the better reputation yields better players.

Does reputation even play a part. Honestly don't know. 

What's his media handling? 

Edited by vikeologist

10 hours ago, Tilling said:

Went in the bin, because there were registration issues with the state cup. (youth player rules)

After I finish my KSA save, I will be back here.

I only need to choose if I continue my Berwick (SCO) save, start my Campinense (BRA) save or do something new with the new patch.

Edited by Cheez3y

11 hours ago, Gbrexiton said:
  • Energie Cottbus (Germany)
  • Clube de Futebol Os Belenenses (Portugal) (Many had concerns with this club though
  • KSC Lokeren-Temse (Belgium)

Wow, is the Belenenses one another Wimbledon style thing where there's two teams split from the other?

1 hour ago, JLAB said:

image.png.ccbdf2bf2dbb9d22fb042925553af0d2.png

ACN Siena 1904 - 2032/33 Season Review

767585442_FinalLeagueTable.png.8cb819509ea36edfeebbe9b0a27eab19.png

It's finally happened, Siena are back in Serie A for the first time since 2013, when the team got relegated just a year before the original era of the club founded. We left it very late and probably made it harder for ourselves, losing the last game of the season and having to rely on Crotone failing to win to secure ourselves 2nd place, but we finally did it. We're back in the Serie A, and we have gotten a way to ensure that our finances won't be suffering for at least a couple of years, even if we get relegated next season with the weakest team in Serie A.

1174010137_Sienarecieve2_81M.png.0675be57cec99b8a39a65c4a002144c5.png

The beginning of what I could only call our financial repair started with this message of the £2.81M prize money for finishing in 2nd place. Immediately we could start to work on repairing the financial damage that playing in the Serie B had done to us. 

629214702_FinancialProjection.thumb.png.840c8401362bf67348c29cd00d39ac7a.png

Especially with the financial projection that has been presented to us as a result of us getting promoted to Serie A, it makes me realise just how much money we can make just from the TV Revenue, which in itself is rather ridiculous. It makes me appreciate just how much we needed to get back into the Serie A after spending so many years away from the top flight of Italian football. The goal now would be to stay in the division for many years to come, and then to beat the original club's best ever finish of 13th place. Can we do that? I don't know.

512567098_SerieBManagersManageroftheYear.png.e2f74d8ad860b7e76ae5617cebbea0a6.png1355849949_SerieBManageroftheSeason.png.23c1ca9b3d493872267e6ba16f4da3e3.png

In other news, getting promoted automatically with Siena made me a very well respected manager who was capable of doing really good things. So it goes to show just how much the media and the other managers liked what I had achieved.

148324607_JackOliver080633.thumb.png.ce48f1705a38927b7667c6a52894c138.png

Jack Oliver was our star striker once again this year, scoring 37 goals in 40 matches in all competitions, including 34 in 38 in the league. He was only 2 goals from breaking the all-time top goalscorer record in Serie B, but fell 1 goal short of matching it. What he did do though, was become the all-time top goalscorer for Siena with 102 league goals for the club. We'll be needing his goals next season if we are to survive in Serie A, in a league, I'm 100% expecting to be relegated from in our first season, something that Siena has never actually done before.

42464871_AbdoulayeFofana080633.thumb.png.14fe173fa5255cf62949c5d485f52ed0.png

Last season, Fofana was really good for us with 14 goals and 8 assists in the league. This season, he surpassed those numbers as he managed to get 11 goals and 15 assists, being the man with the most assists in the league last season as a result. It was by far and away his best ever season and the new Ivory Coast international has been enjoying himself as of late, showing the kind of promise that I knew he had in him. However, the only downside of this at the moment is that I don't know if he is good enough to continue doing those sorts of numbers in Serie A. Only time will tell.

1264206493_SeasonStats.png.780aeb1dca6f46adfb32f16f70460169.png

Excuse the ignorance - where did Jack Oliver come from (as in, HOYD, scout, etc)? He's quality and it's quite unlucky to have a non-EU in Italy :D 

(also saw you are vlogging this, well in as I've done similar with Y/O's in the past)

1 minute ago, Marazola said:

Excuse the ignorance - where did Jack Oliver come from (as in, HOYD, scout, etc)? He's quality and it's quite unlucky to have a non-EU in Italy :D 

(also saw you are vlogging this, well in as I've done similar with Y/O's in the past)

My HoYD is Scottish, but my manager has knowledge of England, as do some of my backroom staff, so he probably came from there. He's my only true Non-EU player that I have.

Quick question for everyone. How much world knowledge do you currently have at your clubs as of this moment in time? I'm currently in November 2033 and have 26% world knowledge.

4 minutes ago, JLAB said:

Quick question for everyone. How much world knowledge do you currently have at your clubs as of this moment in time? I'm currently in November 2033 and have 26% world knowledge.

I don't know if everyone would agree but I hire all my scouts based on pre existing knowledge and don't hire scouts for the nation I'm based in . This increases you knowledge quickly in my experience

25 minutes ago, Tilling said:

Wow, is the Belenenses one another Wimbledon style thing where there's two teams split from the other?

They are! There's a small issue there though, they only had 5 season ticket holders when I was there, and it apparently doesn't ever increase. Could be a game breaker the longer you are in the lower divisions. Great team and infrastructure though. Almost a clean slate with a history waiting to be written.

Edited by Brentmeister

13 hours ago, Tilling said:

You can use this site to check for the teams promoted to Brazil 3rd div. I don't think it's cheating as all the info is available when you pick a team ;)

Looking at it, Mirassol seem to have a good starting point. Decent crowds and infrastructure.

Edited by Brentmeister

6 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

They are! There's a small issue there though, they only had 5 season ticket holders when I was there, and it apparently doesn't ever increase. Could be a game breaker the longer you are in the lower divisions. Great team and infrastructure though. Almost a clean slate with a history waiting to be written.

That's wild; is there any clue as to why that is? Is that not something that could be fixed in the editor?

12 hours ago, keeper#1 said:

Taking a gamble with a new HOYD.  Dropping down from a "resolute" personality to "balanced" personality while increasing the reputation of the HOYD.  Hoping the better reputation yields better players.

1173239693_NewHOYD.thumb.png.4fdc4310015c0f7e7cee25e509634e3b.png

This chap once coached my kids in a holiday club thing at our local non-league team. Hope he does well for you!

I hate my player's agent. I know that it's likely my player demanding that this gets put in, but even so. 1690446626_RobertoBrondi.thumb.png.bb39880b17c90cd14e3fe208457a7f7f.png

Brondi's been amazing for me this season and is worth £4.3M.

1062681396_RobertoBrondiMinimumReleaseClauseDemands.thumb.png.b8d48ca692a404ba3dc00a9044567312.png

However, they're demanding a low minimum release clause in their contract. The agent prefers his clients to stay at his current clubs, so I know that it's my player, who is fickle, therefore ambitious wanting to force this into the contract. How can I force the player to back down with the minimum release clause demands?

1 hour ago, JLAB said:

I only have 5% world knowledge.

I'm not convinced that increasing this will necessarily help, but I have 2 empty scout slots, plus a chief scout that has no upside at all, and no scouts with good personalities wanting to join, so I may as well fill them up with some foreigners.

I'd have to say though that my intakes are extremely international, even though most foreigners are born in Folkestone with a second nationality.

1 hour ago, JLAB said:

I hate my player's agent. I know that it's likely my player demanding that this gets put in, but even so. 1690446626_RobertoBrondi.thumb.png.bb39880b17c90cd14e3fe208457a7f7f.png

Brondi's been amazing for me this season and is worth £4.3M.

1062681396_RobertoBrondiMinimumReleaseClauseDemands.thumb.png.b8d48ca692a404ba3dc00a9044567312.png

However, they're demanding a low minimum release clause in their contract. The agent prefers his clients to stay at his current clubs, so I know that it's my player, who is fickle, therefore ambitious wanting to force this into the contract. How can I force the player to back down with the minimum release clause demands?

I kept backing out of the negotiations and going back but I couldn't get them to budge on it, really annoying when you don't even have an option to negotiate

4TH Season is not going well, 15 games 12 losses. My Youth players from the first season are progressing nicely and i have 5 in the first team now but it is a real struggle, may be the end of the horn church era and reload the 19th June next season and a new team.

Adapted someone elses (Apologies for forgetting who to credit) spreadsheet to include best positions and a drop down box for the whole squad , so i can train each player in there best position and role.

b6e57947db1e6c1392d0827a9d90a1c2.png

Edited by hyrule_king

image.thumb.png.98ce9723e574969e57a2bfd60aa1c196.png

Widzew Lodz (FM20)

Season 9 (2028-29) - Review

On the pitch

Starting 11

image.thumb.png.98945b5a762dfe5d763552e8f877e7c0.png

Domestic: PKO Ekstraklasa - 1st, Polish Cup - Winners

Spoiler

League

image.png.d4ffa74db525e62dff72d857d5fa63b3.png

Cup

image.png.427ef85b47b249dde99b64adde9f0cb7.png

Europe: UEFA Champions League - Group stage (6 points, so not too bad)

image.png.20400edb1700cbe432ae9e921ec371b8.png

Off the pitch

Youth intake

image.png.65f4d016b86c8144eb844de203b31569.png

Spoiler

image.png.58a9a4d1306f7397008822ef80e2ce60.png

Players

Spoiler

2029 intake

image.thumb.png.74c6190cfec63cf6c375b9c486526951.png

image.thumb.png.5bc7e7237c59c2e59b9c60b43e46c73e.png

image.thumb.png.e3dcc42fc16a97504a4f8922eb02ec96.png

image.thumb.png.f8a7bf899d89575afada498ed5ca4f60.png

image.thumb.png.59d52a80df201d3281ae87e93512cd3f.png

Spoiler

Top players (the 2027 golden generation are starting to make their mark)

image.thumb.png.24407de6064f85f273238b6aa30d6368.png

image.thumb.png.b7d5abb2624fe4c7b6b791cd373fe5fb.png

image.thumb.png.9863961f0baf1a9d34b442ef549a9c08.png

image.thumb.png.2c8e3f8e6c3ec6b79618d1e435c1375b.png

image.thumb.png.3224c15c2facc6c323d3515c7e83bb37.png

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.bb4095e0ce756cde5bb73e1312405235.png

Edited by JAwtunes

1 minute ago, JAwtunes said:

image.thumb.png.98ce9723e574969e57a2bfd60aa1c196.png

Widzew Lodz (FM20)

Season 8 (2028-29) - Review

On the pitch

Starting 11

image.thumb.png.98945b5a762dfe5d763552e8f877e7c0.png

Domestic: PKO Ekstraklasa - 1st, Polish Cup - Winners

Reveal hidden contents

League

image.png.d4ffa74db525e62dff72d857d5fa63b3.png

Cup

image.png.427ef85b47b249dde99b64adde9f0cb7.png

Europe: UEFA Champions League - Group stage (6 points, so not too bad)

image.png.20400edb1700cbe432ae9e921ec371b8.png

Off the pitch

Youth intake

image.png.65f4d016b86c8144eb844de203b31569.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.58a9a4d1306f7397008822ef80e2ce60.png

Players

Reveal hidden contents

2029 intake

image.thumb.png.74c6190cfec63cf6c375b9c486526951.png

image.thumb.png.5bc7e7237c59c2e59b9c60b43e46c73e.png

image.thumb.png.e3dcc42fc16a97504a4f8922eb02ec96.png

image.thumb.png.f8a7bf899d89575afada498ed5ca4f60.png

image.thumb.png.59d52a80df201d3281ae87e93512cd3f.png

Reveal hidden contents

Top players (the 2027 golden generation are starting to make their mark)

image.thumb.png.24407de6064f85f273238b6aa30d6368.png

image.thumb.png.b7d5abb2624fe4c7b6b791cd373fe5fb.png

image.thumb.png.9863961f0baf1a9d34b442ef549a9c08.png

image.thumb.png.2c8e3f8e6c3ec6b79618d1e435c1375b.png

image.thumb.png.3224c15c2facc6c323d3515c7e83bb37.png

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.bb4095e0ce756cde5bb73e1312405235.png

Is that a 4411 you are using?

7 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Can't see any fallen giants in Argentina.

Does reputation even play a part. Honestly don't know. 

What's his media handling? 

I don't know if does either but it's an experiment I'm willing to try.

His media-handling: media-friendly

So, I'm getting as neutral as a personality/media-handling combination that you can have.

6 hours ago, JLAB said:

Mine is 39% after 9 seasons.  I have only had one non-Polish youth player in that time (FM20).

2 hours ago, ATW said:

Just about to start this again - is there a reason why Greece is not one of the Nations to choose from?  Is it because it has only two "playable" leagues? 

It could be because nobody has played there yet and/or posted a start or reload date? Lots of 2 tier systems are eligible, Netherlands and Austria come to mind.

End of season Review 1,2 and 3 :lol: 

image.png.fcd6cbbe78d8f45227d2f3aabc73c778.png

Had some issues with my internet connection so I'm doing all 3 seasons in one

1st season- promotion via the play offs

NO progression with facilities etc due to finances

2nd season relegation- bottom of  the league completely outclassed including a 13 loss streak at the end of the season

Season 3 

image.thumb.png.a50fafac06b58cfced658893e8cea2aa.png

Won the league with a game to spare

some really good performances this year

image.thumb.png.e8ca8dafcb75b1f0e293b114d82d9755.png

Youth Intakes have been kind to me so far considering I have made no improvements an have a bang average HOYD

image.thumb.png.a8c4371095cac6c2c4f2b0f57e3cd475.png

best youngster so far

image.thumb.png.402a3ae537a3fe32a3f7f16ec93c46be.png

Looks good to me considering the level I'm at 

Unfortunately I have very poor coaches so he wont reach his potential

Finances are very tough in turkey

image.thumb.png.9241d3283c370d8e3b7fd6b8b4953c0a.png

Ive cut the wage bill and really slimmed down the squad but still losing money

Any improvement is going to be very difficult

image.png.a63528bf1e2fab35d3ba4453ddf191a7.png