The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting this challenge with my local club and where I also started playing as a kid a couple decades ago!

STBDwwk.png

Padroense FC is a club based in Porto, Portugal, that has been working mostly as a feeder to Fc Porto, where some known players passed through such as Neves, Andre Silva, Felix etc.

They traditionally wear a white shirt with a few horizontal red strips, blue shorts and red socks, The training facilities are top notch but they are in the 4th tier which is a long way to go.

I added a couple mods by Daveincid and majesticeternity: More Balanced Finances and Realistic Transfers, which are supposed to add more realism and increase the game's difficulty.

V1xeqhl.png

Edited by afailed10

Ugh, it was a tough decision. 2nd season and we started flying high with our star player Kian Smith scoring left, right & center. But then the goals start to stop and the total team form dropped. While the form is worse, we are still 1st (barely):

742598725_VanaramaNationalLeagueNorth_Profile.png.02a70badcc6004d19f6c5ecef0cc2c56.png

However it's the end of January and experience taught me if I don't sell Kian Smith now, he'll stay 'till the end of the season and leave on a free. So I decided to "cash" in :

96080244_JurgenDegryse_Inbox.thumb.png.0218fb9bd129066b452d590a2ced0726.png

I hope it was the right decision. I'm sure with him at the team we would be able to mount a serious promotion challenge. Without him... not so sure. it's a pity it's all because of only getting non-negotiable offers so not being able to add the fee and specifically having the transfer happen at the end of the season. And you can't offer a player to clubs and have the transfer at end of season either it seems... oh well, better build slow and then blast through the levels like @XaW does I guess :) Although I do hope to be quicker than @Padders ;) 

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

1 hour ago, afailed10 said:

Starting this challenge with my local club and where I also started playing as a kid a couple decades ago!

STBDwwk.png

It's a club based in Porto, Portugal, that has been working mostly as a feeder to Fc Porto, where some known players passed through such as Neves, Andre Silva, Felix etc. The training facilities are top notch but they are in the 4th tier which is a long way to go.

I added a couple mods by Daveincid and majesticeternity: More Balanced Finances and Realistic Transfers, which are supposed to add more realism and increase the game's difficulty.

V1xeqhl.png

Happy to have someone else in Portugal, best of luck!

3 hours ago, afailed10 said:

STBDwwk.png

It's a club based in Porto, Portugal, that has been working mostly as a feeder to Fc Porto, where some known players passed through such as Neves, Andre Silva, Felix etc. The training facilities are top notch but they are in the 4th tier which is a long way to go.

V1xeqhl.png

Is that Padroense? Magic club with magic facilities and youth level and requirement. :)

image.png.055b344342e49ff82e41d1ac17e43aad.png

SC Freamunde

Season 3 - 2023/2024

Transfers - League Table - Past Positions - Best XI - Youth Intake - Finances

Season Summary - 10th

Like every other season, our year started with a winless run (4 draws this time), but the early victory gave me hope.  The crazy scorelines of yesteryear were replaced by 0-0's (5 in our 22 game season), as our defence began to click just as our offense forgot how to score. We reached the halfway point with only one loss, having conceded 7 goals in 11 games and looking strong. The new year, however, would be our collapse. Some average form (2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses) straight out of the gates was followed by disaster as our offense got even worse (just 2 goals in our last 5 games) and our defense stopped responding (conceded 10 goals). The 0-0 draw we managed to pull off with 3 games to go ended being crucial, as we only stayed up due to our head-to-head record with Maia Lidador. 

Bad season for the club, especially after our bright start, but good in terms of our prospects and their development. Will need to re-work my tactic in the off-season to hopefully let us stay solid at the back and a threat up front. 

Off the Field

With our finances continuing to skyfall, I can't believe I got the board to up our Junior Coaching further to Excellent which will hopefully have some effect with our intakes and help make up for our lack of skill right now. Also got another coaching badge, and will look into changing HOYD in the off-season for better personalities. 

Prospects worth Noting 

Nuno Casaca - YP0d - Played all but 4 games this season that he missed through injury. Despite our constant clean sheets, kept getting terrible ratings. Is 3 1/2 star CA already and will remain key going forward. 

Gustavo Teles - YP0f -  Became our starting DM this season and is likely part of the reason for our increased defensive strength. With a fairly professional personality, and starting to chip in with a couple of assists, I expect him to stay in the team next season even if I change formation. 

Belarmino Costa - YP1a - Played every minute of the season and continues to develop into quite a player. Contract expires next summer and has no interest in renewing, so may have to sell him off for a bit of cash now.  

Francisco Landim - YP1f - With our attacking struggles, he got more of a chance this year, making 10 starts and 9 sub appearances, but his 1 goal and 2 assists leave a lot to be desired. Other prospects may compete with him soon. 

Nelson Custodio - YP1g - Played all but one game this season at left-back and got terrible ratings throughout, full-back curse I guess. Did score a wonder of a goal, will remain first choice as next season starts. 

Fabio Teixeira - YP2a - His great form at the start of the season was a key component of our great early start, but faded away as the season went on. Should remain first choice on the right wing, but will need to contribute in goals and not just assists (3). 

Paulo Salgado - YP2e -  Straight away became second choice right-back and played decently well when Casaca was out injured. Got an assist on his first start.  

Fabio Caldeira - YP1e - Finally some competition in the striker role, he started to make the bench for some games before breaking through by scoring 2 key goals in the mid-season. While frustratingly inconsistent, his pace and dribbling ability will be crucial moving forward. 

Youth Intake

Another good intake with a number of players that by the end of the season had 2 stars for CA and 5 stars for PA. Would love to get a player with 3 star CA out of the intake again, but these guys have talent I hope to exploit. The players I'm most interested in are the ones below. 

Fabio Luiz - YP3c - A talented Brazilian midfielder, he may struggle to break into the team at first due to my incredible number of CMs, but his good decision-making has me excited

Gustavo Amaro - YP3a - A defnsive midfielder with a good first-touch, he gives me Casemiro vibes and I hope he develops to meet them. 

Gustavo Freitas - YP3e - A right winger with 5 for crossing, but decent otherwise, if I can make him spend his days in training putting crosses in he could compete with Teixeira for a spot sooner rather than later. 

Jose Pedro Ambrosio - YP3b - If Costa leaves, Ambrosio can expect to be drafted into the center-back rotation for the first team. With a dtermined personality and 15 leadership, I sense he could be a future club captain. 

Edited by TheGreatTraveler

19 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

The question is how do I get those TM to work?

My main striker is a TM and 2 of the best youth striker are TMs.

Also we got tons of wingers and Viggo the great DLP prospect.

I use a TM Su in combo with AF A and it's working wonders. TM had 19 goals in 37 games last season, AF A (albeit overpowered for the league) was topscorer in league. This is the formation I use:

513193666_FCUnitedofManchester_Overview.png.751dc20298c48049e735e04bd65f272c.png

13 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

I use a TM Su in combo with AF A and it's working wonders. TM had 19 goals in 37 games last season, AF A (albeit overpowered for the league) was topscorer in league. This is the formation I use:

513193666_FCUnitedofManchester_Overview.png.751dc20298c48049e735e04bd65f272c.png

Can you show me the instructions too?

I would try it.

The only change I make is vs 4231 with WB's for example , there I tight mark & press the WB's and in possession force play out left & right, in transition play to full backs and out of possession force opposition outside (hence trying to focus play out wide where opposition has 1 man vs our 2 man).

Also I had LOE & DL higher but moved it to standard as we're a one of the weaker teams on paper. Still the tactic works pretty good but I guess once higher up the leagues it might start falling apart.

602071921_Tacticinstructions.jpg.4e9b7a0de652896a17cf6e7557a6e1f4.jpg

PS: Not sure if anyone pays attention to it, but the 1st season I played I met quite a few WB's opponents and 442. Now, in my 2nd season it is almost exclusively 4231 opponents use.

5 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

The only change I make is vs 4231 with WB's for example , there I tight mark & press the WB's and in possession force play out left & right, in transition play to full backs and out of possession force opposition outside (hence trying to focus play out wide where opposition has 1 man vs our 2 man).

Also I had LOE & DL higher but moved it to standard as we're a one of the weaker teams on paper. Still the tactic works pretty good but I guess once higher up the leagues it might start falling apart.

602071921_Tacticinstructions.jpg.4e9b7a0de652896a17cf6e7557a6e1f4.jpg

PS: Not sure if anyone pays attention to it, but the 1st season I played I met quite a few WB's opponents and 442. Now, in my 2nd season it is almost exclusively 4231 opponents use.

Thank you. I will try it.

IJsselmeervogels - Wikipedia

Start | S1 (2024/2025) | S2 (2025/2026)

''Once again, it all came down to the last gameweek with a match against a direct rival, ending 0-0 to stay up another year''

Stats:

Position: 19th (Keuken Kampioen Divisie)

Cup: Knocked out in 1st round by N.E.C. Nijmegen

Player of the year: Philippe van Arnhem (6.67 average rating)

Topscorer: Joey Lieshout (11 goals)

Most assists: Achraf Douiri (5 assists)

Other links:

Transfers

Squad

League table

Youth intake

Despite exceptional recruitment and coaching and great youth and training facilities, my intakes are getting far worse. Do you think its more the team is a lot better now, so it takes a lot more to get a 4 or 5 star player coming through? I'm still getting players developing into first team player, but they end up with higher ratings than predicted? Maybe I should change my head of youth development?

20201226220658_1.thumb.jpg.816c88b5d62c68d83903784ef1a0e229.jpg

10 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

Despite exceptional recruitment and coaching and great youth and training facilities, my intakes are getting far worse. Do you think its more the team is a lot better now, so it takes a lot more to get a 4 or 5 star player coming through? I'm still getting players developing into first team player, but they end up with higher ratings than predicted? Maybe I should change my head of youth development?

As the potential stars are relative to squad quality, the improvement of it may be the reason for not getting 5* potentials, I believe that's the reason I get multiple 5* potential youngsters in every intake: not because of their high potential but because most of my squad are ****. Apart from that, I always look for a better HOYD every season and replace it if I found a better one

5 minutes ago, Cheez3y said:

https://i.gyazo.com/f9dab56c52254bbbeb42a521cd8d55e5.png

There are 2 good reason to appreciate this long preseason.

1. You can sustain your youth setup with those scammy friendly leagues. They give like 150-200k each.

2. You can play all of the youth and give them playtime against stronger players.

Do you look for high reputation teams to join your leagues? I can atract some 1st and 2nd division teams from spain to single friendlies, but only 3rd and 4th division to friendly leagues. Anyway, I'm planning a new preseason right now so will try.

1 minute ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Question: do you guys take charge of all training, including youth prospects? Or do you leave it all to the staff?

I take charge of individual training for all players, as I like them to be trained in the roles I use most. I also take charge of first team training, leaving B team and U19 general training to its managers/AM

1 minute ago, ANGL said:

Do you look for high reputation teams to join your leagues? I can atract some 1st and 2nd division teams from spain to single friendlies, but only 3rd and 4th division to friendly leagues. Anyway, I'm planning a new preseason right now so will try.

Always larger.

Dont worry if you get smashed, since its all about the money.

Im curently 2* and I always played 2,5* teams.

If you get bigger, you might can get good foreign teams, to bring some money.

78efd6054de8200e527c887882f90847.png

Never had this rule before in any country I managed.  Does the U/17 rule makes this challenge almost unplayable since most of the newgens are 15-16?  Anyone has experience with this rule?  Not sure if I will continue in Croatia tbh because of this.  Team is already very thin

2 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I think I am going to cut the bottom tier from this save.  I am two tiers higher up now and if I ended up back in tier eight, I would probably be sacked anyway.  This will save me from loading and results for forty four divisions.

I'm planning to do the same thing when being promoted to League 2 , cut out VNN & VNS. My desktop CPU isn't the best (enough speed with 4,3Ghz but only 4 cores / 4 threads)

Another question, what to do with these 2 players. O'Connor currently plays as FB Support but he has good attributes as central defender but is slow off the mark although decent pace. According to my sheet his 2nd best position is DLP Support but his technical attributes are too low to my liking?

1978582733_RobOConnor_Profile-2.png.8948829309865b5aa57ee5dba954ed55.png

2nd player used to play as Box-to-Box but I changed my tactic to have a BWM (Su) instead of the BBM because I have more youth with decent potential for that position. His best attributes are for winger (support) followed by Attacking Forward (but his finishing is really bad)

1980088605_JordanSimpson_Profile-2.png.dd8d13c1b67f20c5bb04cb0cd5c917f0.png

1 hour ago, Shankly84 said:

Your intakes in Iceland are a lot better than mine when I was in Iceland. I played 12 seasons, and in the last couple, I was getting only 1 5 star PA player. In my opinion, intakes are very much luck based. In my current save with Energie Cottbus, I have been documenting my intakes:

image.jpeg.f72f60e4b5ffb4a42818bf10e8b13762.jpeg

Even though my youth coaching, youth recruitment, and reputation all improved, my intake was much worse. The 5 star PA part is also probably realistic, as my squad barley improved.

68980073_FantozziSigns!.png.0ae7c3dbc6d521a263ba52488e0eaa01.png

This is the best bit of news this season for me. Fantozzi had been wanting to leave all season long, but suddenly just randomly decided that he no longer wanted to leave and was willing to accept not having a minimum release clause (the reason I didn't renew his contract sooner). The fact he's signed a new deal when he only had one year left on his contract is massive news and it allows us to keep the best player of the club for the foreseeable future, providing the chairman doesn't accept a bid under my nose or something.

26 minutes ago, Gbrexiton said:

Your intakes in Iceland are a lot better than mine when I was in Iceland. I played 12 seasons, and in the last couple, I was getting only 1 5 star PA player. In my opinion, intakes are very much luck based. In my current save with Energie Cottbus, I have been documenting my intakes:

image.jpeg.f72f60e4b5ffb4a42818bf10e8b13762.jpeg

Even though my youth coaching, youth recruitment, and reputation all improved, my intake was much worse. The 5 star PA part is also probably realistic, as my squad barley improved.

Yes I think you are correct. I have had a lot of talent come through. I haven't got a clue how the Brazilian winger came about. He went on to become a £60 m player!! Wouldn't mind another one though haha. I like what you have done there. I may have a look at that myself.

1 hour ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Another question, what to do with these 2 players. O'Connor currently plays as FB Support but he has good attributes as central defender but is slow off the mark although decent pace. According to my sheet his 2nd best position is DLP Support but his technical attributes are too low to my liking?

I hate those players.

Small, no pace, no heading, bad defense stats.

tbh, I would offload him asap.

EDIT: Like @XaWsaid, BMW or Anchor Man.

But with 7 marking, 4 Teamwork puh..

Edited by Cheez3y

1 hour ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

That O'Connor fellow could be an anchor man, or a ball winning midfielder. That's the only roles I can imagine he will be good at. Good work rate and aggression are needed there.

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

SV Babberich

SV Babberich - Wikipedia

League Table - A much better season, we were comfortably a top six side.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Some good results here, though we are not good enough yet for promotion.

Pre Season Friendlies - The usual mixed bag, though the matches proved vital for fitness levels.

Mid Season Friendlies - Three games to maintain fitness resulted in two wins a big loss to second tier outfit Den Bosch.

Squad - A decent core of players, however, I have very little in the way of backups.

Squad Dynamics - Very good indeed as the players gel quite nicely.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Just the one departure as he refused to sign a new deal.

Youth Candidates - A disappointing intake, though Daniël Leiwakabessy YP25B50 looks like a fine prospect.

Finances - We are still heavily in the red and we continue to hemorrhage cash weekly.

Key Players

Olivier van Brakel YP23B18 - Our best player continues to improve between the sticks.

Kyran Arends YP24I41 - A goalscoring machine.  Has made the sole striker position his own.

Milo den Uil YP23I25 - Having failed to flourish as a striker, the youngster has found his feet somewhat in central midfield.

Song Chang-Oh YP23J26 - The right winger flattered to deceive.

Mitchell Boeve YP23L28 - Playing on the left wing, he proved to be fairly inconsistent.

Next Season

We need to keep improving, so a position in the top three will be the aim.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications       Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                   1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Minimal = (0.25*) =   None =                 4 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 ↑   4 =   1 =   4 ↑   4 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   4 ↑   5 ↑
2022/23    Minimal = (0.25*) =   None =                 5 ↑   5 ↑   3 ↑   2 =   1 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 =   1 =   5 ↑   6 ↑
2023/24    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B ↑↑          8 ↑   8 ↑   5 ↑   2 =   1 =   3 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   7 ↑   8 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (0.50*) ↓   National B =           8 =   8 =   5 =   2 =   1 =   3 =   8 =   8 =   7 =   4 =   1 =   7 =   8 =   7 =  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 =

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor              Fairly basic          Basic            Limited            Local   (0.50*)
2021/22    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average ↑↑       Basic ↑            Local = (0.50*) =
2022/23    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic ↑     Local = (0.50*) =
2023/24    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =
2024/25    Poor =               Poor =            Fairly basic =        Average =        Fairly basic =     Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      26        15        3        8          43              25                 +18
2022/23      26        18        5        3          76              36                 +40
2023/24      26        11        5       10          35              36                  -1
2024/25      26        12        8        6          55              38                 +17

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          26        15        3        8          43              25                 +18              327 days
2022/23          52        33        8       11         119              61                 +58              693 days
2023/24          78        44       13       21         154              97                 +57            1,061 days
2024/25         104        56       21       27         209             135                 +74            1,426 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2021/22    Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2
2022/23    Tweede Klasse Zondag I

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------
1 x Tweede Klasse Zondag I (2022/23)
1 x Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2 (2021/22)

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Derde Klasse Zondag C West 2          1st             N/a                          Promoted as champions.
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Tweede Klasse Zondag I                1st ↑           N/a =                        Promoted as champions.
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag D                8th ↑           N/a =                        Mid table mediocrity.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zondag E                6th ↑           N/a =                        Comfortable top half finish.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                      4
2022/23    Tim de Jong YP22E5                       29
2023/24    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     53
2024/25    Arno ter Haar YP22B2                     78

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2021/22    Jean Bosco Nzeyimana YP22H8                  1
2022/23    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2023/24    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32
2024/25    Tim de Jong YP22E5                          32

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2021/22    Mazen Al-Khatib YP22N14                     1
           Koen Wolters YP22K11                        1
           Tim de Jong YP22E5                          1
           Jean Bosco Nzeyimana YP22H8                 1
2022/23    Koen Wolters YP22K11                       10
2023/24    Koen Wolters YP22K11                       11
2024/25    Mitchell Boeve YP23L28                     13

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    No one                                     0
2022/23    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                 1
2023/24    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                 6
2024/25    Olivier van Brakel YP23B18                15

Edited by DazRTaylor

Badge.jpg.8eeb46c8c5f4230a1860f1322ef2a54e.jpg

SEASON 27 - 2048 - ICELANDIC PREMIER DIVISION

LEAGUE TABLE  -  FIXTURES 1 2 3 - SQUAD 1 2 -  COMPETITION REVIEW  

MANAGER PROFILE -  CHARACTERISTICS  -  ATTRIBUTES 

CLUB PROFIL -  GENERAL  -  FACILITIES  -  HONOURS  -  FINANCES  -  TRANSFERS 1 2

EUROPA LEAGUE (Carried Over)

Group Stage

Lyon 0-3 Haukar

Haukar 0-1 Levski

The group stage continued into the new season and we dominated Lyon away 3-0, before a dissapointing loss at home to Levski. We were through, but a win would og given us top spot.

First Knockout Round

CSKA Moscow 2-6 Haukar

Haukar 3-0 CSKA Moscow

We were far too good for CSKA and brushed them aside.

Second Knockout Round

Haukar 4-1 Lyon

Lyon 2-2 Haukar

We met Lyon again and a 4-1 home win followed by a good 2-2 away, saw us through to the quarters for the 2nd time in our history.

Quarter-Final

Haukar 1-4 PSG

PSG 6-1 Haukar

We did ok in the first leg, but PSG were clinical. The second leg was similar. Down to ten men with a half to play, we were lucky it was only 6!!

Great season again in Europe!!

LEAGUE CUP

Despite winning the opening game 11-0, we went out at the group stage, after poor results against Grotta and First Divinsion Kordrengir.

LEAGUE

Back to normal in the league. We cruised to the title onky dropping points in two games. We managed 107 goals and conceded just 9. Highlights included a 12-1 win over Grotta, a 4-1 away win at Breidablik and an 8 game run without conceding. We've now won 5 titles and 4 out of the last 5 years.

ICELANDIC CUP

Cup winners again. We beat Breidablik 3-2 in the semi and the result flattered them. In the final we was the better team but Valur managed to hold on for a 0-0. Into extra-time and we got the breakthrough to win 1-0 and pick our 7th Cup up and make it 4 years running.

EURO CUP II

Due to last seasons second place finish, we are intot the Euro Cup II this season. I really fancy our chances in this one.

2nd Qualifying Round

Shamrock Rovers 0-4 Haukar

Haukar 4-0 Shamrock Rovers

3rd Qualifying Round

Antalyaspor 0-4 Haukar

Haukar 1-1 Antalyaspor

4th Qualifying Round

Rio Ave 1-0 Haukar

Haukar 4-2 Rio Ave

Group Stage

Haukar 2-0 Yenisey

Haukar 5-0 Kukesi

PSV 4-2 Haukar

Haukar 2-0 PSV

Going into the new season, we sit top needing only a point to qualify for the knockout stage.

THE PLAYERS

Liverpool met Benjamin Omarsson's release clause of £2.7 m, so he moved on after just 2 full seasons. Einar Magnusson did well in goal again, with 23 clean sheets in 34 games. Omar Ingi Hallson is now a full international and his centre back partner Heimir Masson won his first cap. I changed formation this season, so Gisli Adalgeirsson moved to left back, but still impressed. Josepsson excelled at right back and Olafsson managed 17 goals from left wing. Kristinsson moved back up front and bagged 34 goals, but Atli Larusson was the top goalscorer again with 57 goals! With the new need for a right winger, Orri Steinn Benediktsson established himself and scored 15 with 27 assists.

THE YOUTH INTAKE

On paper, the worse one yet, although I suppose time will tell. Atli Larusson had 2.5 star potential when he came through! 3 players now plying their trade in Europe's top leagues have come through our youth system. Jales is still the standout. 

OFF THE FIELD

Our next home game will be played at the David Stewart Park stadium. It should be a European Knockout game, which will be a good way to start.

751311830_SeasonInfo1.PNG.a07f0515c334c6fd5a1ae5a52a848d4f.PNG816171759_SeasonInfo2.PNG.e800022933f0d350141f894770985537.PNG1258250923_SeasonInfo3.PNG.9c24fc3adf8bf5ec2cdb07b5aea3c23b.PNG

Edited by Shankly84

2nd season Youth Intake is here. The quality is definitely there, alas many in roles we don't use right now. So either we adjust or they adjust. I'll give them 2 years ;) 

2142040391_JurgenDegryse_Inbox-2.thumb.jpg.c1b7c8edde9eb4c4c6f0065d47a76955.jpg

3 2* star players with minimum 4* star potential is a nice start for a midfield I guess :)

257972066_SimonTaylor_Profile.png.31e76cbbb57a9b5840e7d4721b2ac02e.png

Should become our new DLP (Support) and replacing our star player (and massive earner) Griffiths. With Balanced he has a well, balanced personality.

1227708207_RobinLawson_Profile.png.585584b9ff252632b15625e16404d61c.png

Winger Attack on right side where we now have at least 4 options (2 "original" players who will not get their contract renewed...) Not too sure about his "Mercenary" personality but could be fun...

1962095988_PhilKendrick_Profile.png.5cc65e48e8bdcfdd6f1274761f363fca.png

While he's  described as AM R we'll put him on the left side as Winger Support where we are lacking great options. Unfortunately low determination, but let's hope we can up that to decent number and get a better personality out of him. I have no clue what personality that might become with higher determination though.

A pity there is a bit of a mismatch between PA and personality as my "weakest" youth prospects are all (fairly) professionals. 

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

Fethiyespor.png

Fethiyespor 2021 Youth Intake Preview

90562650029c7163a8c512b50f63d4cb.png

Seems like an awful lot of cons for an intake we should be "really optimistic" about, but contract negotiations haven't all gone to plan and we've been forced into an unwanted sale in January, so some players who can add depth straight away would be great. Lots of defenders is encouraging as we're quite light at the back.