[FM21] Hometown Heroes

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

April 2025: Match Week 46

394edfbfdf84cbedf193b0666dd94675.png

A special day for Harvey Woods, and...

09027c0ec80abfe3867a8892386215f4.png

A bad day for York (and I mean bad - they had 14 shots at an xG of 1.02 vs Nantwich's 4 shots at 0.18 xG).

Which means...

c260b2ad6f2b3af7911e94da4abbc709.png

1d7ed1dd69fba377e22a2a4c71bec6d1.png

WE'RE UP!!!

Get in. Never in doubt!!

Personally, love that you've moved to sixways as I'm a huge Worcester Rugby fan! It's good to see that that stadium move is in the game and doesn't make you move much further away to play at a football stadium. 

Hopefully in the future when you're a top premier league team you can get some local affiliates and start helping the area out. Would be really cool to see a small local area team make it's way to the football league.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Watson156 said:

Get in. Never in doubt!!

Personally, love that you've moved to sixways as I'm a huge Worcester Rugby fan! It's good to see that that stadium move is in the game and doesn't make you move much further away to play at a football stadium. 

Hopefully in the future when you're a top premier league team you can get some local affiliates and start helping the area out. Would be really cool to see a small local area team make it's way to the football league.

The never in doubt is a huge understatement! I really felt as if we would fail.

I'm happy with Sixways too and, if we were looking for a football stadium, we'd have had to have gone north - probably to Solihull Moors - so it's nice that the game also has some other stadia included, too.

My plan is to bring the likes of Worcester, Evesham, Bromsgrove and Alvechurch up with my once I get to that level.

1 hour ago, scarp said:

I am surprised that Harding did not get more goals and assists in this competition. Well done on promotion. That intake was horrendous :lol:

Harding played as a DLP(D) in the DM strata, and with a trait of 'Plays Short Passes' was never really going to get involved in those areas. What he was brought in for though was his distribution and just a player who is capable of starting the moves. He did really well in that sense.

Yeah, the intake...

6 minutes ago, rosque said:

Great season! Congrats on going up!

Thank you! I wasn't quite sure it was actually going to happen though. Time to strengthen and try and stay up in a league that Bradford have just been relegated too.

2025/26 Recruitment

1ddaad7a59afa210aa9d809097451fce.png

Joshua PickfordMike BartonSam PaulZak LaceyJacob DavenportMichael GregoryCharlie Whitaker.

----

I am really happy with this transfer window, once again. I have recruited a bit more than I'd really like to but we have offset that with some player departures. I have been sensible and signed all of the players on non-contract deals. I used this strategy with Woods last season and it essentially buys me a bit of time to properly evaluate them without a contribution to the wage bill and then a compensation fee if they don't perform as I just pay them an appearance fee. 

In Pickford, we have an average goalkeeper with a poor personality but a player with 3 Premier League starts to his name, which is exceptional for a club of our stature. Mike Barton is a really intelligent defender for this level and I feel will go on to be really important. Sam Paul and Zak Lacey offer some depth and Jacob Davenport, once at the centre of a £500k move from Man City to Blackburn adds some real quality and a great personality. He's had a few major injuries which has really restricted his playing time but I hope he isn't made of glass and can contribute either in the middle of the park or at left back. Gregory and Whitaker are two really promising rotational options for either the wing or upfront and add some depth that I didn't have last year.

---

I have dipped into an old DNA tracker I used at Guadalajara, but didn't use at Volta Redonda as I was less interested in a 'shared team ethic' there. Here it is:

037172cb6862f54dce13e80f954a921d.png

I have highlighted twelve key areas for each part of the pitch based on the attributes I want them to have. The 'mean' is basically another version of a current ability tracker but their role suitability is the average of all of those key areas.

Edited by _Ben_

'Spreadsheet update'

It seems that I get as many spreadsheet requests/questions/private messages as I do questions about my game - so here's an update on my process. I will probably make a download link when I'm done messing but it's very personalised to what I want and I must insist that it's very very messy behind the scenes!

The landing page now looks like this:

d778719a61c6a93e29e2f0ffa04f71a0.png

I decided to make it easier to hyperlink everything rather than scroll through. My plan is to now track the club DNA and youth intakes each year, so I have all the historical data on a player's current ability. I am not yet planning to really track their progress towards their PA but that may change.

The Season Tracker and Nationality Tracker are really basic and they've appeared in posts before and my radars have been shipped over from FM20. My intakes have been terrible so far but I am tracking some basic information from them as we grow and develop our academy:

c48a97093a8ee408e624bacdd2099162.png

---

I imagine more will be done on this over the course of this FM but now a nice, nearly-workable, collection of data that I feel is important for my save.

5 hours ago, abulezz said:

Loving the numbers - Whitaker and Barton are my favorite signings from the latest crop. 

Yeah, I like them both, I must say. Whitaker is such a luxury as, even though he's probably better than Afoka and Woods, we've now got real competition for him to actually earn his place given how good they've both been for the last years.

August 2025: Hometown heroes?

f612f26c50b21814694ca8a33e469135.png

Above is a map of the birthplace of every player that currently is in my first team. All but one of them were born in England, except for Fraser Montgomery, who was born in Duns, Scotland. We are at a point where we are nowhere near being able to use our own academy for players - and, sadly, rely on players from the local areas, as you can see, below, that nobody was even born in Worcestershire, the county where Redditch is located.

0568203abc97f7fa91b3a38edb118ca4.png

---

This is something I'd like to return to at certain parts of the save and it can certainly only get better from here.

August/September 2025

961ce317489379e112d0a884f814fdbb.png

Well, this was unexpected!

If I exclude the Dover game and the Boston game, two games where we were the better team, then we'd be in an even better position. I didn't expect to come into this league and be able to match the likes of Chesterfield and Hartlepool, traditionally bigger clubs - but we have.

My one concern at the moment is the leakiness of the defence - we have conceded an xG of 1.07 but have actually conceded at 1.55 goals per game - showing that we are conceding from goals where players aren't expected to score as often, as backed up by this:

0ae9b3f3c769b0120b77021aafdc3c26.png

Only a handful of teams have faced less shots than us, on average per game, but we have the sixth worst defence.

---

Whilst all this analysis is great - it's now what I do about it. I'm happy with our overall play so a move from Attacking to Positive will be the initial change and, if I'm honest, I may have been a bit naïve not to do so anyway - as a newly promoted side. 

October/November/December 2025

e1566b9d5744c80ed9de5e94321477e0.png

I was so engrossed that I forgot to update pre-December!

Once again - this is fantastic! I felt that we had a strong enough squad to survive, but, actually, we are just one or two players away from a squad that can destroy this league. Once again, our defeats are largely against the run, whereby we have tired legs from busy runs and not, Northampton aside, being outplayed. Michael Gregory gets a bit shout out as my top player and has now got a fantastic return of14 league goals in 10(8) appearances mixed between the lone striker or the inverted winger. 

We're still not as tight at the back as I want to be but a goalkeeper, who is better than Pickford is my target for the summer and we can hopefully build in that area, too.

---

We are also becoming somewhat of a cup team, reaching the FA Cup Third Round for the third time in four seasons. We entertain Stoke and, now we are at Sixways, can expect around 8,000 people which, even with a probable loss, will earn us some money.  

January 2026: FA Cup Third Round

b871d5164b7ade81eafbfdd0bd70db7a.png

Battered, but minutes from a superb victory. We conceded late two years ago at this stage to lose to Millwall and we've done the same here. However, we have earned:

• £83,000 in gate reciepts
  • £72,000 in TV revenue
  • £38,000 in Match Day income
  • £15,000 in Corporate Facilities use
  • A replay at the Britannia for another payday.

ef26ce518542874a7f49bf6320cd0262.png

---

If I get in quickly, I can seize this opportunity to get some upgrades. @Jimbokav1971 in your experience last year - which of the facilities cost the least - was in Youth Recruitment or Junior Coaching?

9 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

That’s an incredible run. Slightly envious.

Yes, but...

If I had been following the same rules as you, I'd very much be battling relegation in the National League North - our squad was poor and our intakes have been terrible. Not a single member of this squad started the game at Redditch and, whilst this is not my end goal as I want to establish my academy, I have to feel that it is somewhat realistic given the nature of lower league football. What you're doing revolves around miracles! 

January 2026: FA Cup Third Round Replay

52e146e46315f785cc9852ecdd2d24d5.png

It was not to be!

Again - to reiterate the importance of this. A further:

• £145,000 profit which takes our balance to over a quarter of a million.
  • Exposure at the highest level.

Time to push for those facility improvements!

EDIT: Here we are:

312e5e6e2d1dd3be4849937b343d3369.png

Edited by _Ben_
40 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

January 2026: FA Cup Third Round

b871d5164b7ade81eafbfdd0bd70db7a.png

Battered, but minutes from a superb victory. We conceded late two years ago at this stage to lose to Millwall and we've done the same here. However, we have earned:

• £83,000 in gate reciepts
  • £72,000 in TV revenue
  • £38,000 in Match Day income
  • £15,000 in Corporate Facilities use
  • A replay at the Britannia for another payday.

ef26ce518542874a7f49bf6320cd0262.png

---

If I get in quickly, I can seize this opportunity to get some upgrades. @Jimbokav1971 in your experience last year - which of the facilities cost the least - was in Youth Recruitment or Junior Coaching?

If I'm honest I got a bit confused in my Irchester save last season and had them mixed up in my head. From memory there was very little in it because there isn't an infrastructure cost like the Youth and Training Facilities. 

If it were up to me than I would concentrate on Junior Coaching ahead of Youth Recruitment because with poor facilities there is no guarantee that your players will reach their potential. (So basically CA over PA at this stage). :thup:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If I'm honest I got a bit confused in my Irchester save last season and had them mixed up in my head. From memory there was very little in it because there isn't an infrastructure cost like the Youth and Training Facilities. 

If it were up to me than I would concentrate on Junior Coaching ahead of Youth Recruitment because with poor facilities there is no guarantee that your players will reach their potential. (So basically CA over PA at this stage). :thup:

Yep - I was going for those two. As you said, I definitely want CA at this stage and, to be fair, just some players that I can work with!

1 hour ago, Lodi Lemmer said:

Congratulations on last season's title and the fantastic start to this season.

Thank you - very much enjoying it at this stage.

February 2026: Improvements

89388f84ef43a1c3b95f2cce2f84559d.png

5a03103856bef3d886e21e415476c91e.png

I did not realise that Youth Level cost money - as I've not managed in England since they were introduced. It will wipe out any of the profit we've made, but it's a bit late now!

21 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

February 2026: Improvements

89388f84ef43a1c3b95f2cce2f84559d.png

5a03103856bef3d886e21e415476c91e.png

I did not realise that Youth Level cost money - as I've not managed in England since they were introduced. It will wipe out any of the profit we've made, but it's a bit late now!

Not only do they cost money, they are actually really expensive. Not just the initial outlay, (which will surprise you hugely going forward if £188k surprised you here), but the upkeep per season increases significantly too. I know you will keep an eye on it, but might be good to hear quite how surprised you are at the sums involved. 

12 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Not only do they cost money, they are actually really expensive. Not just the initial outlay, (which will surprise you hugely going forward if £188k surprised you here), but the upkeep per season increases significantly too. I know you will keep an eye on it, but might be good to hear quite how surprised you are at the sums involved. 

Interesting. There are 4 levels aren't there? The majority of teams in this league are 4 or 3 with the odd 0 like us - so I guess that it is a descending scale?

We just don't have the money nor generate any money at this level to be sustainable but at least we'll be on a par with the other teams and hopefully that'll give me some useful players, if only to sell to offset the costs!

January/February 2026

caf28565f908f34341939964c5da7a15.png

If this is our 'bad part of the season' then I'm pretty happy! Another 5 goal concession, this time against Altrincham from another stupid amount of xGA. This is the problem with a young squad - that we have the tendency do be so erratic. However, we've picked it back up and stay in contention for the playoff spots which is great for a club of our stature.

March 2026: Huge Transfer

be39b7890dca359442b443fa75d66130.png

Not ours, sadly, but Romario (who's attributes are now lost as he's out of scouting range, has swapped the National Division to Philly, and settled in well, too:

12ad1138815fd86c376d8b0433790915.png

What I'd do for a player like this through my own intake!

2026 Youth Intake

d33fd74be8d87ab1bd26fdc6003c6c37.png

As expected. Terrible. Some new nationalities though!

Compared to other intakes, it's also weak. So its terrible overall and terrible historically:

f74874fb740a16672b7b6243dc0532e7.png

I've got the analysis for when I hopefully look back and laugh at this and here is a screenshot of, supposedly, the strongest player, Oakland Joseph.

Edited by _Ben_
7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Interesting. There are 4 levels aren't there? The majority of teams in this league are 4 or 3 with the odd 0 like us - so I guess that it is a descending scale?

We just don't have the money nor generate any money at this level to be sustainable but at least we'll be on a par with the other teams and hopefully that'll give me some useful players, if only to sell to offset the costs!

I don't think we are on the same wavelength here. 

Youth Facilities is what was improved. This is where the significant costs are and obviously there are 20 sub levels. 

The thing that has 4 levels is the.... I can't even remember what it's called now? Youth Rating? (or is that Nation Youth Rating I'm thinking of). Hang on a minute. I'm playing i Denmark at the moment so it's different but I have created an English game and holidayed a year ready to get R&D promoted. Let me have a look so I don't steer you wrong. 

Youth Level is the thing that has 4 levels, (well 5 if you class 0 as a level). This is in the game in order to replicate the EPPP system that determines how much compensation is paid to other English/British clubs when a player moves under the age of 24. Technically, even if a player leaves a club while under the age of 24, if he moves to another British club then the new cub have to pay compensation to the old club because they hold his registration. How much that compensation is depends on how long he was at the club and what level their Academy was. Club who don't have "Academy Status", so Youth Level 0, do not come under this umbrella so their players are not protected in this way and can be signed by other clubs when out of contract without compensation. 

I used to have a link detailing what is required to meet the various levels but it seems to have vanished. 

The main thing is the amount of tutoring that the child receives on a weekly basis. There are minimum amounts for each level. There are also Facility minimum requirements at each stage and for example a Cat 1 level Academy has to have a full size indoor all-weather pitch, (available to the students for a minimum period each week). It's not just the club having the facilities that is important. It has to be proved that the youngsters have access to it and are spending minimum periods using them. There are also staff numbers and modules that need to be completed I think. 

ab2dcbba5dc194dadd3ccdf9f109ec50.png

This link deals with the compensation. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Here is an article about Watford's decision to downgrade from Cat 1 to Cat 3 in 2012.

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/9877884.what-is-the-difference-between-a-category-1-and-3-academy-as-part-of-eppp-changes/

It mentions that in Cat 1 a club has to have several FT employees that at Cat 3 can become PT or not required at all. 

In a Cat 1 training session at U16 level, there needs to be 1 coach for every 8 players/students. 
In a Cat 3 training session at U17 level, there needs to be 1 coach for every 10 players/students. (They also need to spend less time actually training). 

Although these figures will be out of date.....

A Cat 1 Academy is expected to have an annual budget of £2.3M
A Cat 3 Academy is expected to have an annual budget of £500k

Cat 1 U11 players require 8 hours coaching per week, 46 weeks of the year, (368 hours tuition). 
Cat 3 U11 players require 120 hours per year. Irrespective of quality of facilities/coaching, that's an enormous difference. 

It's staff, it's facilities, it's content, it's FT/PT, it's everything. 

There isn't a direct cost associated with Youth Level in the game though. Instead, what happens is that these things will happen in line with the increase/decrease in Facilities. (I should say staff too but I'm pretty sure it's not implemented correctly). 

If you ask to improve your Youth Level, and the board agree, they will implement any changes that are required to meet that level. In the game that's replicated by Youth Facilities. That's the Facilities the players use before they come through the Academy. Lots of people, (not you I'm sure), think that this is where your U19's play, but no. They train at the Training Facilities. The Youth Facilities is where the players train before they come through the intake the the Junior Coaching is the level of training they receive there. What should happen is that both of these are linked to the Youth Level, (but I think), that only the Youth Facilities is linked properly and that Junior Coaching isn't. 

I will be completely honest with you. I look at the Junior Coaching and the Youth Facilities and I largely ignore the Youth Level. If I control the facilities then the level will follow. That's how I worked all the way through my Irchester save and was very much ahead of the curve in that respect. The board were always playing catchup.

Hope this helps. :thup:

First question. How many times did you have to get reload to get Redditch promoted from non-playable? 

Can you remember if you saw AFC Rushden & Diamonds promoted in that time? 

I'm surprised that I don't know more of your starting squad. (I know none of them). I thought I had a reasonable knowledge of football at that level, but of course they don't start at Conference South.

From Page 1 and the "September 2021: Clinical post, are those graphics in the game of have you created them yourself, (goal-scorers goals/shots per 90 spot graph)?If they are in the game would you mind telling me where please, (although I suspect that it's something you have created. 

You have a Shearer and a Rooney up front, but it's McDonald who is scoring the goals. Typical. lol

Which Vanarama clubs are regularly churning out First Team players? Barnet FC. 

Just seen your 1st Youth Intake surprised you don't have a CA column. Some lovely Nationalities though. 

Great win against Sunderland, (and Wigan). Probably 2 of the biggest clubs in the competition at that stage. 

I've found "momentum" is huge in this game. (You have just gone from an unbeaten 2 months to only winning 3 of 15 games in the next 2 months, although you did have injuries to key players I think). 

Really interesting Det/Avg Rating graph. Never seen that before. The problem with that is that match ratings are based on team results rather than individual performances in a lot of cases. If a defender plays really well but other players make mistakes then his match rating will suffer, so I'm not sure what you can learn from this. 

Your charts are brilliant. Really well done. 

I notice in Youth Intake 3 Preview that it mentions an Italian striker. With very few exceptions over a long period, my best players coming through the Irchester Academy in FM20 were all either non-English only or non-English 2nd Nationality. I think non-English only were possibly highest in terms of PA, so look out for that as an indication. 

You're getting some fantastic Nationalities through. 

Menna is the (ITA). Forget about his finishing. Teach him the "goes round GK's" PPM and let him fill his boots!

Menna didn't sign an initial contract? I sign them all to basic Youth contracts and then offer the Pro contracts later. Gotta get them in the door 1st. Was Menna picked up by anyone else? 

Harding looks great. 

Charlie Whitaker weighs less than 10 stone! 

I've just seen the post about the Barnet Newgen that went o USA for £1.6M. Barnet have phenomenal Facilities for a club at that level and in real life have produced some very good players as a result. 

Jamal Lowe
Jack Taylor
Harry Taylor
Ronnie Edwards
Louie Annesley
Dillon Barnes
Elliot Johnson
Hakeem Odoffin
Matty Stevens
Ryan Sellars
Frank Vincent
Luke Gambin
Wraynel Hercules

The Chairman had delusions of making us the "Crewe of the South", but he is such a tightarse that for every good thing he does he screws up in 2 other ways.

Anyway, loving the save so far and can't wait to see how it develops once you start getting better intakes. 

I don't think we are on the same wavelength here. 

Youth Facilities is what was improved. This is where the significant costs are and obviously there are 20 sub levels.

My confusion has arisen become I am 99% sure that I'd clicked on Improve Youth Level and not Improve Youth Facilities, that is why! Maybe they facilities have to be a certain state to trigger a youth level upgrade? Thanks for all of the additional info though!

First question. How many times did you have to get reload to get Redditch promoted from non-playable? 

Can you remember if you saw AFC Rushden & Diamonds promoted in that time? 

I actually gave up at about 15. In the FM21 Dafuge thread, a member has several saves where they've experimenting hundreds of times - so I downloaded one of those and then removed a few leagues. It was interesting that Redditch appeared in their 'last' upload and it was the first time that they'd done so. I know that their reputation is really low so that's probably why.

I'm surprised that I don't know more of your starting squad. (I know none of them). I thought I had a reasonable knowledge of football at that level, but of course they don't start at Conference South.

From reading about them in the local paper etc, they all seem to come and go and - as you said, they started below the National North.

From Page 1 and the "September 2021: Clinical post, are those graphics in the game of have you created them yourself, (goal-scorers goals/shots per 90 spot graph)?If they are in the game would you mind telling me where please, (although I suspect that it's something you have created. 

Just exported the shots/90 and goals/90 and made a scatter plot in Excel. This was before I had a Data Analyst though but I'm still not entirely sure of just how much they can provide.

Just seen your 1st Youth Intake surprised you don't have a CA column. Some lovely Nationalities though. 

I do now! Although I was trying to use my own analysis as a way of working through the CA that I wanted.

Really interesting Det/Avg Rating graph. Never seen that before. The problem with that is that match ratings are based on team results rather than individual performances in a lot of cases. If a defender plays really well but other players make mistakes then his match rating will suffer, so I'm not sure what you can learn from this. 

I know - but I felt, at that point, that those players who had low Determination were just crumbling under pressure and part of the reason that, once we'd go 1-0 down, would lose 4 or 5 nil.

I notice in Youth Intake 3 Preview that it mentions an Italian striker. With very few exceptions over a long period, my best players coming through the Irchester Academy in FM20 were all either non-English only or non-English 2nd Nationality. I think non-English only were possibly highest in terms of PA, so look out for that as an indication. 

You're getting some fantastic Nationalities through. 

Menna is the (ITA). Forget about his finishing. Teach him the "goes round GK's" PPM and let him fill his boots!

Menna didn't sign an initial contract? I sign them all to basic Youth contracts and then offer the Pro contracts later. Gotta get them in the door 1st. Was Menna picked up by anyone else? 

It's a really strange one. I set my assistant to sign him and a couple of others after the trial game. He rejected it and then spent the rest of the time not wanting to sign because of the recent failed negotiations. I didn't think of the extent of this until way after otherwise I'd have submitted it as a bug - because I don't think it should work like that. No, he retired once he'd left!

Harding looks great. 

He is top class. Very lucky to have got him.

I've just seen the post about the Barnet Newgen that went o USA for £1.6M. Barnet have phenomenal Facilities for a club at that level and in real life have produced some very good players as a result. 

I can't see his attributes now but I'm shocked how good he'll have had to be if he can walk straight into an MLS side (which I have loaded so they have full squads, too). 

Anyway, loving the save so far and can't wait to see how it develops once you start getting better intakes. 

Thank you so much for taking time to post all of these questions/statements! I'm a bit lost without a thread for you as you're stuff is in between lots of other people - what are your plans for FM21?

12 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I have to interject here, @_Ben_ and @Jimbokav1971, and say that all factors influencing quality of youth intake influence CA and PA both and not just CA or PA like in the old(ish) days. So youth facilities, junior coaching, youth recruitment, youth level all influence both CA and PA.

44 minutes ago, rosque said:

I have to interject here, @_Ben_ and @Jimbokav1971, and say that all factors influencing quality of youth intake influence CA and PA both and not just CA or PA like in the old(ish) days. So youth facilities, junior coaching, youth recruitment, youth level all influence both CA and PA.

Absolutely, but do they influence all areas equally? No is the answer. 

Might be different in FM21, (I've only seen 11 intakes I think), but they certainly didn't influence all areas equally in FM20. So basically it's easier to focus on the areas which they impact most. 

I've seen SI say that in FM20 they influenced all areas equally, and with respect to all concerned, this just isn't my experience playing the game. 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

My confusion has arisen become I am 99% sure that I'd clicked on Improve Youth Level and not Improve Youth Facilities, that is why! Maybe they facilities have to be a certain state to trigger a youth level upgrade? Thanks for all of the additional info

It's called Youth Recruitment I believe and you don"t need youth facilities to be on any level I believe, in my Brora save I got to Average with Poor YF (Youth Facilities) and then maxed it to Exceptional on with basic YF. I am not sure what level you have them now on as I might missed that but both Youth Recruitment & Junior (Academy) Coaching do not cost any money when upgraded and then cost you money monthly. I believe when I maxed YR and had JC on "Good" (2 levels from maxed out) I paid around 150k monthly for youth setup (this was Scottish Championship). Do not remember the costs before that.

I'd advise to upgrade YR & JC (Youth Recruitment first) before upgrading facilities as you do not need to pay anything on the upgrade and the level of players from your intake changes dramatically. 

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

My confusion has arisen become I am 99% sure that I'd clicked on Improve Youth Level and not Improve Youth Facilities, that is why! Maybe they facilities have to be a certain state to trigger a youth level upgrade? Thanks for all of the additional info though!

I'm sure you did click on Youth Level. 

But the board can't increase the Youth Level without 1st improving the Youth Facilities, (which is what you see there). Once the Youth Facilities are complete they will upgrade the Youth Level, (and hopefully staff levels are linked too and they will also go up at the same time). 

The cost isn't in the Youth level though. (There is zero additional cost). The cost, £188k I think it was, is all about the Facilities.

My advice. Completely ignore the Youth Level and just concentrate on Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment in that order. I wouldn't bother at all with Facilities until you start earning proper money.

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you so much for taking time to post all of these questions/statements! I'm a bit lost without a thread for you as you're stuff is in between lots of other people - what are your plans for FM21?

I've got a few things in the pipeline. 

I'm enjoying the #DanskeDanske thread at the moment and really just going with the flow. 

After that I'm torn between Youth Only at Barnet in Conference National, or AFC Rushden & Diamonds who need promoting before playing like you have done. AFCR&D was the favourite, (and I have even holidayed 1 season already), but I haven't managed Barnet in a while and would love to see what some of the newer players look like in game. I might make Barnet DoF based, but AFCR&D will definitely be 100% Youth Only. I just have to see where the pull is greatest when I have had enough at Brondby IF.

Absolutely, but do they influence all areas equally? No is the answer. 

Might be different in FM21, (I've only seen 11 intakes I think), but they certainly didn't influence all areas equally in FM20. So basically it's easier to focus on the areas which they impact most. 

I've seen SI say that in FM20 they influenced all areas equally, and with respect to all concerned, this just isn't my experience playing the game. 

I am going by what SI said for FM20 and they said that. We cannot be 100% that some things influence more CA than PA

1 minute ago, rosque said:

I am going by what SI said for FM20 and they said that. We cannot be 100% that some things influence more CA than PA

I appreciate what they said and that they make the game. I just don't agree with them. I'm sure that's how they want it to work, but that's not my experience with FM20.  

12 hours ago, abulezz said:

You got a great analytical set-up going on here. I especially enjoyed the map of where all your newgens come from - can we make that a yearly thing!

Will do! Will be much nicer, for me, when there are more players from the local area, too.

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I'm sure you did click on Youth Level. 

But the board can't increase the Youth Level without 1st improving the Youth Facilities, (which is what you see there). Once the Youth Facilities are complete they will upgrade the Youth Level, (and hopefully staff levels are linked too and they will also go up at the same time). 

The cost isn't in the Youth level though. (There is zero additional cost). The cost, £188k I think it was, is all about the Facilities.

My advice. Completely ignore the Youth Level and just concentrate on Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment in that order. I wouldn't bother at all with Facilities until you start earning proper money.

This all makes sense now - thank you for the insight!

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've got a few things in the pipeline. 

I'm enjoying the #DanskeDanske thread at the moment and really just going with the flow. 

After that I'm torn between Youth Only at Barnet in Conference National, or AFC Rushden & Diamonds who need promoting before playing like you have done. AFCR&D was the favourite, (and I have even holidayed 1 season already), but I haven't managed Barnet in a while and would love to see what some of the newer players look like in game. I might make Barnet DoF based, but AFCR&D will definitely be 100% Youth Only. I just have to see where the pull is greatest when I have had enough at Brondby IF.

I must say that I learnt a lot from your experiences at this kind of level last year so look forward to a potential return to a local-ish club to you!

2025/26 End of Season

e96c98c2e097d483b0ed2fc3d5160cbe.png

We were so close! In the end a narrow defeat to Hartlepool stopped us from going up. However, as is pretty much the only goal right now - the trip to Wembley brought us in £200k and solidified a balance that will be destroyed when we actually pay for the youth payments. To reach this level, at the first time of asking is wonderful and I'm delighted with our season.

42bce79e3b38276663a853a957a216e0.png

I still think we're conceding too many but we are less penetrable this season, even if we sacrificed a little going forward - even so, 84 league goals this season is a great return.

----

e5647ffc0ae9ec346f20bee91b7332c0.png

I'm very happy with the overall performances of the team here - two players scoring more than 20 goals and assists shared around pretty much the entire team. Gregory is a top player and has joined other newgens Barton and Harding as key players.

The summer will see me enter the market for the right players. We have two experienced (in age, maybe) goalkeepers coming in from Scotland on Bosmans, thanks to my DoF and I'll need some re-inforcement at right back. Aside from that - I'll be looking for ways to improve certain areas as we look to push for promotion.

---

4233cea98ffbca73e4a439ca55e91bc5.png

This is nice, but the money aspect here could be massive for the future of any facility upgrades...

b737075fe3e8aab9b115779bab7d8d6f.png