Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

Sure. The grey-space on the right hand side is slightly annoying but it's nowhere near 50% of the screen.

20201123173443_1.jpg

Hmm. 

That's far from ideal but it's better than anything else I've seen so far. On FM20 you could zoom it in so much farther so the action was bigger. But like I said this is the best I've seen so far by miles.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Hmm. 

That's far from ideal but it's better than anything else I've seen so far. On FM20 you could zoom it in so much farther so the action was bigger. But like I said this is the best I've seen so far by miles.

Thanks!

No worries.

It sounds like you haven't played the beta so I think that boldly making incorrect statements such as "50% of the screen is empty grey space" is slightly out of order, especially as a lot of people viewing this thread won't have bought the game yet.

I do agree that more care should be put into designing the UI around the 2D engine though.

Edited by tiotom92
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tiotom92 said:

No worries.

It sounds like you haven't played the beta so I think that boldly making incorrect statements such as "50% of the screen is empty grey space" is slightly out of order, especially as a lot of people viewing this thread won't have bought the game yet.

I do agree that more care should be put into designing the UI around the 2D engine though.

I saw several images from several different people and they all showed 50% of the screen being empty grey space and aired the same concerns as me. I didn't think they just all didn't know how to zoom.

Edited by RocheBag
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ImDaWeasel said:

So what's all that screen grabs in the previous page? Shows the date being changed etc? 

Apparently, the date has changed. We do not know the time. Anyone giving or guessing the time is just plain wrong. No one knows yet, outside SI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ImDaWeasel said:

So what's all that screen grabs in the previous page? Shows the date being changed etc? 

Some people noticed that on steam, release date was changed from 24th of November to 23rd, except that detail, again, nobody knows anything except for SI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Artin said:

my steam page says Nov 23rd as well!

i wish SI would make an announcement about this here or on social media as i think this is a pretty big deal!

What announcement do you think is necessary? They say the game will be out on 24th so that's  less than 6 hours...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

What announcement do you think is necessary? They say the game will be out on 24th so that's  less than 6 hours...

i'm in the USA so nov 24 is NOT going to happen in 6 hours as you say

edit: it's currently 1:30 in the afternoon EST.

Edited by Artin
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Artin said:

i'm in the USA so nov 24 is NOT going to happen in 6 hours as you say

edit: it's currently 1:30 in the afternoon EST.

Well, he obviously meant on British's 24th, as the game is developed in UK, so once the game is available for us, it should be for everybody else as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 5 minutes, Artin a dit :

my steam page says Nov 23rd as well!

i wish SI would make an announcement about this here or on social media as i think this is a pretty big deal!

When you're a member of SI or steam, you may not want to make an annoucement about a precise hour of release to avoid the whole world downloading it at the same time ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Artin said:

i'm in the USA so nov 24 is NOT going to happen in 6 hours as you say

edit: it's currently 1:30 in the afternoon EST.

SI are in the the Uk, makes sense to me that they are using their time zone

I mean i'm 4 and a half hours to 24th but it doesn't mean anything when it comes to their release date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As RocheBag pointed out the Discount runs out in three and a half hours. I think this is a good indicator of release time in union with the changed release date in the store and the steamdb. Perhaps there's an hour difference between the two but realistically it should release in approximately 4 hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minuti fa, tiotom92 ha scritto:

No worries.

It sounds like you haven't played the beta so I think that boldly making incorrect statements such as "50% of the screen is empty grey space" is slightly out of order, especially as a lot of people viewing this thread won't have bought the game yet.

I do agree that more care should be put into designing the UI around the 2D engine though.

actually, he is right. i play on 3440x1440 and literally half of the screen is just grey space. it is obviously affected by resolution so hopefully they will fix it for high res displays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

actually, he is right. i play on 3440x1440 and literally half of the screen is just grey space. it is obviously affected by resolution so hopefully they will fix it for high res displays.

Now I'm scared again. Guess I'll just have to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

actually, he is right. i play on 3440x1440 and literally half of the screen is just grey space. it is obviously affected by resolution so hopefully they will fix it for high res displays.

It's the same for low res displays and the zoom other posters talk about resets every match due to the team UI on the bottom coming back. He screenshot above looks good due to the bare minimum match stats bar being opened up. Nowhere near good enough and a massive step down from last seasons iteration. Would like the customisation to be ramped up but looking very doubtful now. Fingers crossed for the skin makers saving the day once again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Has anybody noticed u get the rare games where it finishes and it's a different result to the game you played out?

 

Nope, never!

Do you have any examples of this happening that you could show SI?

Edited by RHKC
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

As Youssouffa Mokouko is 16 will he be in the game on the launch?

No, he is not old enough. There are cut off dates that have been posted in the database/research section.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Yep I've sent them a PKM 

Ah, good! Does the result actually change? As in, you gain/lose points? Or is it more of a cosmetic issue that doesn't affect the league table?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've to say, the match day UI is slowly growing on me. Initially, I thought it was the worst thing under the sun, since it was obviously quite different from what I was used to, but after just under 100 hours played I'm slowly getting used to it. The only thing still bothering me, is the in-between highlights screen. It really is way too cluttered, I feel like I've to constantly battle my eyes trying to look all over the screen, with all the various bits of rather useless information popping up everywhere; basic stats, opposition formation and Action Zones are all I need, I don't want to be distracted with anything else. In that sense, FM20 was really tidy and I never felt the need to use custom skins. Hopefully, SI are prepared to move just an inch and give us the option to customize those panels, I feel the feedback on those has been very clear from day one.

But apart from that, I actually quite like it. I'm getting used to the new quick sub bar at the bottom of the screen and the Team Talks aren't all that bad either. Sure, the list was easier to scan at a glance before, but I think that's exactly what FM21 is trying to move away from (less spreadsheets, more immersion). I think the game is trying to put you in the center, with the players being sat around you, which is why having to move your eyes slightly more makes sense. You only have to scan two thirds of the screen to monitor reactions anyway, as one side is always reserved for subs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zemahh said:

I've to say, the match day UI is slowly growing on me. Initially, I thought it was the worst thing under the sun, since it was obviously quite different from what I was used to, but after just under 100 hours played I'm slowly getting used to it. The only thing still bothering me, is the in-between highlights screen. It really is way too cluttered, I feel like I've to constantly battle my eyes trying to look all over the screen, with all the various bits of rather useless information popping up everywhere; basic stats, opposition formation and Action Zones are all I need, I don't want to be distracted with anything else. In that sense, FM20 was really tidy and I never felt the need to use custom skins. Hopefully, SI are prepared to move just an inch and give us the option to customize those panels, I feel the feedback on those has been very clear from day one.

But apart from that, I actually quite like it. I'm getting used to the new quick sub bar at the bottom of the screen and the Team Talks aren't all that bad either. Sure, the list was easier to scan at a glance before, but I think that's exactly what FM21 is trying to move away from (less spreadsheets, more immersion). I think the game is trying to put you in the center, with the players being sat around you, which is why having to move your eyes slightly more makes sense. You only have to scan two thirds of the screen to monitor reactions anyway, as one side is always reserved for subs.

But how does it add to immersion? Having to look around 3 edges of a monitor helps you believe you're in a football changing room giving a teamtalk?

It's a change for change's sake, there is no logic behind it and it leaves the game worse. It's nothing more than padding for a "features" list and while you may be coming to hate it a bit less now it won't change the fact it's inferior.

Edited by Fabregas_04
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, palmamiguel92 said:

The UI at first sight can be very overwhelming, but yeah, it grows on ou after a while.

In-match, i really want that timeline back :(

It was on the list of to be fixed bugs, the timeline will be viewable after the match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fabregas_04 said:

But how does it add to immersion? Having to look around 3 edges of a monitor helps you believe you're in a football changing room giving a teamtalk?

 

It's a change for change's sake, there is no logic behind it and it leaves the game worse. It's nothing more than to provide padding to a "features" list and while you may be coming to hate it a bit less now it won't change the fact it's inferior.

just pretend its a really big changing room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chewy82* said:

It was on the list of to be fixed bugs, the timeline will be viewable after the match.

Odd choice that though to only have it after the match. Am I supposed to believe that Pep can't have a replay of what just happened on an iPad in 30 seconds if he wants it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

But how does it add to immersion?

This has been posted a few times before but (as the focus is on you, the manager, this year) it's you standing in the middle of the room with the players around you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HUNT3R said:

This has been posted a few times before but (as the focus is on you, the manager, this year) it's you standing in the middle of the room with the players around you.

No, it's me sitting in a chair, looking at a screen and getting annoyed. I think it might take a bit more effort than that to con my brain into believing that sort of nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mcfc1894 said:

Has anybody noticed u get the rare games where it finishes and it's a different result to the game you played out?

This is called match divergence, its extremely rare, but if you have an example, 100% flag it and they will take a look, cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

No, it's me sitting in a chair, looking at a screen and getting annoyed. I think it might take a bit more effort than that to con my brain into believing that sort of nonsense.

This, again, is where constructive feedback is useful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

As Youssouffa Mokouko is 16 will he be in the game on the launch?

No, because his birthday is after the cut-off that they're bound to (players must be born before 01/09/2004).

Additionally, the rules will only allow over 17s to play, despite the rules IRL being changed to over 16s, because of the league rules they're required to use in-game per the licence.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

I don't want to be constructive about that. I don't like it, I don't see the point of trying to implement it and I would very much like to see the old format back.

Well if you don't wanna be constructive about it, why would you expect them to listen to you and take account of your opinion? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

I don't want to be constructive about that. I don't like it, I don't see the point of trying to implement it and I would very much like to see the old format back.

So then it stays as is, I guess. 

"Want the old format back" is not helping. I have explained here: 

Not being constructive - a) isn't what's asked for and b) doesn't help anyone.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...