Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

this... isn't the same thing

How do you feel about some new dribbling animation before that? I mean, when it comes to fm, i couldn't care if they did full thriller choreography before the every match, although it'd be impressive.

I mean, players dribble during the football games sometimes, and some games are thrillers.

Edited by vukigepard
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be a take the knee animation at the start of games where it happens in real life (well at least in the 1 or 2 leagues I've played in thus far where it happens in real life. Especially with the links with anti racism organisations and the makers of the game. 

I don't think it should be in the game

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waldywaldy said:

Coud very well be true and an interesting question what that would mean for long term save files

 

Iirc years ago didn't we have an option in the preferences menu for compressed/ uncompressed saves?

We did indeed have an option for compressed/uncompressed saves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YellowKicks said:

Do we know if any of this is being addressed/looked at? I literally couldn't play the beta the match day experience was so horrendous!

I doubt it, 2D has been going straight downhill for years they obviously don't care about it at all. Asking people to play a game where 50% of the screen is empty grey space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YellowKicks said:

Do we know if any of this is being addressed/looked at? I literally couldn't play the beta the match day experience was so horrendous!

No idea, I haven't seen them say anything about the match ui. I doubt they'll change it, seems to be our way or the highway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very surprised if the UI doesn't get any fixes. Surely they have no reason to make the UI worse and then ignore all the feedback from users. This isn't an ME issue that's hard to fix, this is just UI. For which they already have a good reference from last year. 

I just hope this doesn't become some kind of move where they reintroduce old UI elements next year and call it a new feature. Looking at you EA. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

I would be very surprised if the UI doesn't get any fixes. Surely they have no reason to make the UI worse and then ignore all the feedback from users. This isn't an ME issue that's hard to fix, this is just UI. For which they already have a good reference from last year. 

I just hope this doesn't become some kind of move where they reintroduce old UI elements next year and call it a new feature. Looking at you EA. 

I would be very surprised if the UI will be fixed.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fabregas_04 said:

They don't even have to fix it themselves, just make the relevant bits of the game open to modders and they will, as always, make it infinitely better.

 

Yep i wish they could do it.. FM 20 match UI was perfect 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

Yep i wish they could do it.. FM 20 match UI was perfect 

 

I can maybe see where they're coming from with restricting the data we have access to during a game to make us act more on what we see and our gut reaction, but if we aren't watching full games and there are very few highlights then what hope do we have to piece it all together? Not all of us have all the time in the world to watch every game in full.

 

I can see and understand their idea, but they've got it wrong and sadly it is unlikely they'll back down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

I have issue with this, Brexit is not "bugged". I think it's working exactly as intended, the problem is the intended outcome has not been balanced against its longer term implications. That is not a bug issue, that's a balance issue.

 

I can't tell if you are talking about the game or real life. Brexit being a sh*tshow in the game would be the perfect implementation. 

Some more feedback. After initial enthusiasm to the new press conferences, they quickly become the same again. It is a nice reskin, but the questions are all the same. Maybe it will keep getting better in the future. 

While I understand the design choice for the new fatigue system, I think the 5 levels are too few. Is this just a graphical representation and the different stages are different regions of the % system we had before? Maybe this is something you should have more detailed info the better your fitness coaches and physios are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Double0Seven said:

I would be very surprised if the UI doesn't get any fixes. Surely they have no reason to make the UI worse and then ignore all the feedback from users. This isn't an ME issue that's hard to fix, this is just UI. For which they already have a good reference from last year. 

I just hope this doesn't become some kind of move where they reintroduce old UI elements next year and call it a new feature. Looking at you EA. 

The UI was one of the big headline features so zero chance it is getting fixed because it needs an entirely new UI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I can't tell if you are talking about the game or real life. Brexit being a sh*tshow in the game would be the perfect implementation. 

Some more feedback. After initial enthusiasm to the new press conferences, they quickly become the same again. It is a nice reskin, but the questions are all the same. Maybe it will keep getting better in the future. 

While I understand the design choice for the new fatigue system, I think the 5 levels are too few. Is this just a graphical representation and the different stages are different regions of the % system we had before? Maybe this is something you should have more detailed info the better your fitness coaches and physios are.

I'm 3 seasons in just starting my 4th and I am still seeing some new Questions actually. Mainly they are the same but there are a lot of new Qs in there though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j_t_87 said:

Hi SI team,

 

Appreciate if you can answer this. Im wondering  if there is going to be stats/attributes changes to the players in full game compared to beta? Thanks

The only changes to attributes will usually only be data input errors or issues brought up in the Data Issues threads and discussed with the researchers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fabregas_04 said:

 

I can maybe see where they're coming from with restricting the data we have access to during a game to make us act more on what we see and our gut reaction, but if we aren't watching full games and there are very few highlights then what hope do we have to piece it all together? Not all of us have all the time in the world to watch every game in full.

 

I can see and understand their idea, but they've got it wrong and sadly it is unlikely they'll back down.

Whether we are watching the match in full, comprehensive or in whatever mode, we need to understand that this is a sports simulation game and not a real life soccer  where we can make decisions based on gut feelings on what we see.  The ability to make decisions in a sports simulation game highly depends on the stats that is presented to us. Furthermore we are playing FM with long screen hours and in order to minimize the strain on eyes, this can be helped with a with a simple, less cluttered UI and how data is presented without the need of having multiple clicks to assess an information. I don’t think gamers are asking for state of art UI and based on the feedback many are contented with the FM20 UI

i think SI has done a good job on the ME despite of known bugs. But the cluttered UI is making me less eager to play the game as it’s not been easy on my eyes.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they toned down how much interest your players get from other teams? My star striker has 50 goals in 2 seasons in the Prem and there's not even been a hint of interest from bigger teams. I haven't really received any serious interest in any of my top players. I know I'll probably regret asking because I don't want to lose my better players - but it seems a little unrealistic and wasn't the case in previous games.  

Anyone else noticing the same?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kiwityke said:

The UI was one of the big headline features so zero chance it is getting fixed because it needs an entirely new UI.

Just give widgets back and people will be more happier. Hope modders are able to switch up some screens. For example team talk is horrible, having bigger screen the need to roll over the screen to see reactions from player was dumb, why not make it a list like it was or give us the option to have it like that.

Some UI changes are huge eye strain and it is really taking down enjoyment of what could be best FM in long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Just give widgets back and people will be more happier. Hope modders are able to switch up some screens. For example team talk is horrible, having bigger screen the need to roll over the screen to see reactions from player was dumb, why not make it a list like it was or give us the option to have it like that.

Some UI changes are huge eye strain and it is really taking down enjoyment of what could be best FM in long time.

Don't disagree on the UI it is absolutely awful. I get the sort of idea behind it in theory but in practice on a computer or laptop screen it is borderline unusable.

The press conferences are baffling. The press are up the top taking maybe an inch of my screen up then 10 inches of nothing then my responses taking an inch at the bottom.

Its difficult to read and follow and surely anyone who studied this kind of stuff at school or just well has eyes must have raised it as an issue internally!

But Miles strikes me very much as a my way or the highway kinda guy so expect nothing to change anytime soon.

In fact the UI getting progressively worse is a running theme the last few years. The staff responsibilities tab is now so complex I sometimes have to check it 4 or 5 times just to make sure I have actually put X person in charge of Y job. It used to be so, so much more user friendly. Now its just an utter mess (again something Miles touted as being brilliant on twitter).

Modders are probably ya only hope IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

I have issue with this, Brexit is not "bugged". I think it's working exactly as intended, the problem is the intended outcome has not been balanced against its longer term implications. That is not a bug issue, that's a balance issue.

The scouting surrounding Brexit I believe is bugged and I have reported that in the bugs forum. This forum is for feedback, the feedback that I have is Brexit is not balanced well enough for longer term implications, not that its bugged. I'd love to put my balance issues in the bugs forum if I could, but I don't think that is the right place to be discussing balance?

Clubs signing potentially world class players isn't a "bug" it's just not sensible to do so if they don't intend on playing them as long term they will not get a work permit. Clubs asking you to sign players u23 years old is not a bug, its just very difficult to do successfully with a smaller player pool. Young British talent being expensive isn't a bug, it's just not as realistic when modern day transfers show multiple precedent of youngsters rather leaving to get first team football than rotting in u23s(Sancho, Lookman, Diangana). Clubs wanting high fees for their high potential kids isn't a bug, it's just not balanced very well when they demand 50m+ despite not playing them from the age of 16-23 before releasing them, they'd probably hit an age of 21-22 and consider accepting a lower bid as they have no intentions of playing them/they havent developed.

These are not bugs, these are features working as intended that need balancing better around a new feature that is being implemented in the game.

Honestly I think you should post it there. When you leave it in this thread they will never look into it. The worst that will happen is they will say can you post it in a different forum but at least they will be aware of it.ets make this simple for ourselves and SI mods can worry about the correct forum. At the end of the day it's an issue, and while it might not meet the completely technical definition of a bug its still a massive issue in the game

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwityke said:

Don't disagree on the UI it is absolutely awful. I get the sort of idea behind it in theory but in practice on a computer or laptop screen it is borderline unusable.

The press conferences are baffling. The press are up the top taking maybe an inch of my screen up then 10 inches of nothing then my responses taking an inch at the bottom.

Its difficult to read and follow and surely anyone who studied this kind of stuff at school or just well has eyes must have raised it as an issue internally!

But Miles strikes me very much as a my way or the highway kinda guy so expect nothing to change anytime soon.

In fact the UI getting progressively worse is a running theme the last few years. The staff responsibilities tab is now so complex I sometimes have to check it 4 or 5 times just to make sure I have actually put X person in charge of Y job. It used to be so, so much more user friendly. Now its just an utter mess (again something Miles touted as being brilliant on twitter).

Modders are probably ya only hope IMO.

Whenever I feel like firing up a new save, I remember this and I just load up my current save. It is absolutely horrific.

Press conferences and team talks on this UI are shambolic, complete disaster of a design decision. Also no widgets on 2D, why? Can we get one sensible answer about no widget decision? I suppose no because there isn't one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, francis#17 said:

Honestly I think you should post it there. When you leave it in this thread they will never look into it. The worst that will happen is they will say can you post it in a different forum but at least they will be aware of it.ets make this simple for ourselves and SI mods can worry about the correct forum. At the end of the day it's an issue, and while it might not meet the completely technical definition of a bug its still a massive issue in the game

 

Please post it in the relevant bugs section. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think anything is a bug, of any kind, please, please post it in the bugs thread. if it looks like it needs a save or pkm to look at it, please use the bugs threads. Bearing in mind we're in late November, we're likely to not be far away from update 1 if history is anything to go by. So time is there for things to be raised

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Whenever I feel like firing up a new save, I remember this and I just load up my current save. It is absolutely horrific.

Press conferences and team talks on this UI are shambolic, complete disaster of a design decision. Also no widgets on 2D, why? Can we get one sensible answer about no widget decision? I suppose no because there isn't one.

SI has been quiet on UI and let's wait for the official release before making any assumptions.  Something done to the UI is better than nothing is done to the UI. I will be disappointed if nothing is done as i want to enjoy FM but not at the expense straining my eyes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoddle1404 said:

Whether we are watching the match in full, comprehensive or in whatever mode, we need to understand that this is a sports simulation game and not a real life soccer  where we can make decisions based on gut feelings on what we see.  The ability to make decisions in a sports simulation game highly depends on the stats that is presented to us. Furthermore we are playing FM with long screen hours and in order to minimize the strain on eyes, this can be helped with a with a simple, less cluttered UI and how data is presented without the need of having multiple clicks to assess an information. I don’t think gamers are asking for state of art UI and based on the feedback many are contented with the FM20 UI

i think SI has done a good job on the ME despite of known bugs. But the cluttered UI is making me less eager to play the game as it’s not been easy on my eyes.  

 

This sums up my feelings too 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CJG21 said:

Have they toned down how much interest your players get from other teams? My star striker has 50 goals in 2 seasons in the Prem and there's not even been a hint of interest from bigger teams. I haven't really received any serious interest in any of my top players. I know I'll probably regret asking because I don't want to lose my better players - but it seems a little unrealistic and wasn't the case in previous games.  

Anyone else noticing the same?

Depends which season you're in with regards to other team's finances, plus how long a contract you've got with them, and a number of other variables.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'd assume so. Also, if you could not spam the same question across multiple threads, it'd be appreciated.

Apologies wasn't sure where to post it so I could get a reply, will there be anything on here saying there has been a update for tomorrow?:) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jackritchie7 said:

Apologies wasn't sure where to post it so I could get a reply, will there be anything on here saying there has been a update for tomorrow?:) 

Yes it will be announced on here when the game releases and when updates are released 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a problem in FM20 and it is still in FM21.

 

So, for visual effect because I'm not at home. Under the staff tab, you have three columns: Coaching, Recruitment, Medical or something like that. You can then open each of these these to see the various coaches in each department. You can then organise them according to their attributes, etc. 

 

 -- Why can we not do this for U21s and U19s squads????  -- 

 

I have to hover over the different people to see who the staff are for these teams rather than open up the list of them, which is time consuming and confusing.

 

Is this a bug or is it intentional? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IrrelevantLion said:

Fixed? Needs? No. The UI is great. 

Thats objectively based on just a rudimentary understanding of UI design not true though. Its a cluttered mess. Lots of wasted space. Information that should be front and centre stuck off to the side etc.

Some of it is an improvement. I actually like the Match Day UI, as this is actually simplified and gives me the info I personally use in a better format than last year.

But team talks and press conferences are objectively terribly designed. So, so much waste space. Important information stuck everywhere jumping around the screen constantly plus its bloody tiny...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kiwityke said:

Thats objectively based on just a rudimentary understanding of UI design not true though. Its a cluttered mess. Lots of wasted space. Information that should be front and centre stuck off to the side etc.

Some of it is an improvement. I actually like the Match Day UI, as this is actually simplified and gives me the info I personally use in a better format than last year.

But team talks and press conferences are objectively terribly designed. So, so much waste space. Important information stuck everywhere jumping around the screen constantly plus its bloody tiny...

I imagine that custom skin makers will be able to cater for everyone soon enough 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks, this will probably sound like a stupid question.  Ive just bought fm21 with beta. What I was wondering is, if I download the beta version now, does whole game then need to get replaced with the official version tomorrow? Or is it just a patch a patch to fix any differences. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I imagine that custom skin makers will be able to cater for everyone soon enough 👍

Honestly my only hope. I dont understand why you would make an UI worse in any way. Or remove information. At least make it an option to toggle on/off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dragosani said:

Hi folks, this will probably sound like a stupid question.  Ive just bought fm21 with beta. What I was wondering is, if I download the beta version now, does whole game then need to get replaced with the official version tomorrow? Or is it just a patch a patch to fix any differences. 

It just gets patched to the full version on release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I imagine that custom skin makers will be able to cater for everyone soon enough 👍

Pretty rubbish you have to rely on a brilliant modding community to fix a clear flaw. UI won't be touched, it never is. Big tick on the job sheet for this years edition and move onto next year, that's the SI model for UI every year. Just hope this years match UI is customizable....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...