Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed penalties. Getting absolutely ridiculous - I'm getting a lot of them, but missing every one, even multiple penalties in games. This is with players like Gylfi Sigurdsson who has 18 for penalties. James misses too, also Gomes misses, DCL misses, Moise Kean even missed in my latest game. 

Missing vast majority (unscientific I know, but can't see last season's data). This season we've scored 1 in 4 penalties. 

Is it my tactics? Do I need to train penalties? Getting asked in a press conference why we missed 2 in one game - will I change the taker? Would love to say - "yes, will be asking a member of the opposing team to take them from now on".

Ah yes: opposition not missing any at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

It's because the residents of the forum in all their wisdom have decided the game is so easy even a toddler could play it, so they've hacked into the code of the game to make the AI a bit more challenging. For their next trick any striker who scores over 19 goals a season will suffer a leg break to stop their believed ''strikers are overpowered'' theory, and then for the next round in their mental gymnastics class they're making it compulsory for everyone to play with 3 strikers up top with every player including the keeper on an attack duty.

:rolleyes:

Well this has opened my eyes and genuinely shocked me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, allezdae said:

Missed penalties. Getting absolutely ridiculous - I'm getting a lot of them, but missing every one, even multiple penalties in games. This is with players like Gylfi Sigurdsson who has 18 for penalties. James misses too, also Gomes misses, DCL misses, Moise Kean even missed in my latest game. 

Missing vast majority (unscientific I know, but can't see last season's data). This season we've scored 1 in 4 penalties. 

Is it my tactics? Do I need to train penalties? Getting asked in a press conference why we missed 2 in one game - will I change the taker? Would love to say - "yes, will be asking a member of the opposing team to take them from now on".

Ah yes: opposition not missing any at all. 

Had about 5 pens in my first season and scored every single one.

Player morale, composure, technique, finishing are significant factors, not just the penalty rating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2feet said:

Had about 5 pens in my first season and scored every single one.

Player morale, composure, technique, finishing are significant factors, not just the penalty rating.

What is the penalty rating for then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, allezdae said:

What is the penalty rating for then?

Not sure, i could be wrong, but i think there will be other factors not just the pen rating. Player morale and body language definitely a major factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2feet said:

Not sure, i could be wrong, but i think there will be other factors not just the pen rating. Player morale and body language definitely a major factor.

I get there would be, and I'm sure things like morale are important, but missing nearly every penalty is a bit much even if we were bottom of the league playing with 11 amateurs. 

I know, if I think it's a bug report it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hoddle1404 said:

I know a lot has been commented on the UI but please please please bring back the old 2D UI. The FM21 2D just looks  flimsy and its supposed to be enhanced, not going 10-15 years back.. 

FM19

FM19.thumb.JPG.c96cb4426ee7c43ea5bc681f74269e33.JPG

 

FM20

FM20.thumb.JPG.71228a730e811b41943565669aaae2bf.JPG

 

FM21

FM21.thumb.JPG.32ae5e67d69087c84790bf664e28bc17.JPG

This is really concerning. All the positive feedback almost had me buying the game early but this is awful. I play 2D only and I can't play a game that 50% of the screen is dead grey space. I'm not bothered about the loss of widgets but something has to fill that space.

Can you at least zoom in so the pitch takes up more of the screen like you could before?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I just saw a youtuber beating 8-1 with leicester city vs Barcelona in the super cup.

 

I saw Bayern beat them 8-2 irl. And if you actually compare Leicester city and bayern attributes in the game, you'll most likely see that they are not much different. Maybe that's the problem, not the tactics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

This is really concerning. All the positive feedback almost had me buying the game early but this is awful. I play 2D only and I can't play a game that 50% of the screen is dead grey space. I'm not bothered about the loss of widgets but something has to fill that space.

Can you at least zoom in so the pitch takes up more of the screen like you could before?

You can zoom in but because of the new starting 11/subs UI it takes up space that the 2D pitch would use for zooming. The whole match UI this year was built for 3D and even then it's a bit of a mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

how accurate are the opposition scouting reports? managing in the conference and seeing a lot of teams ''route one'' on the scouting report and then when we get to the game playing with false 9's, inverted wingers etc and likewise teams playing cattencio and lining up 4-3-3

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

how accurate are the opposition scouting reports? managing in the conference and seeing a lot of teams ''route one'' on the scouting report and then when we get to the game playing with false 9's, inverted wingers etc and likewise teams playing cattencio and lining up 4-3-3

Seems to depend on your staff.

At St Johnstone i get told everyone is playing 4-4-2, or that there's "not enough knowledge", while at Inter/Barca I got more detailed ones, including expected opposition roles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2020 at 15:58, BJG123 said:

I finished 2nd with Norwich after promotion - I'm not bragging, it's ridiculous.  A 4-2-3-1 gegenpress with attacking mentality taking a newly promoted club to 2nd with an average Champ striker banging in a goal a game is stupid.

Not to mention, not a single bid or bit of interest in him or my other top performing players. The AI knows they are ****.

That sounds awful. :(

Long-term motivation in manager games is very important for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom 99 said:

That sounds awful. :(

Long-term motivation in manager games is very important for me.

I would add I got taken over by  tycoon, so I had very good money to spend in the window (about £90m after sales).  I put together a really good team that I thought would finish top half, maybe push for Europe with a bit of luck and good management, but yeah, nearly winning the league was ridiculous - I actually lost to Man City in game 37, handing them the title (I'd have won it if I won that game) and instead of being disappointed I was relieved.

This is an example of the type of team I was able to put out.  So yeah, I shouldn't have been scrapping for survival but also shouldn't have been spanking the top 6 routinely, either. 

I think there are two issues at play here: 1) The tactic is basically an exploit, and it's just the standard gegenpress 4-3-2-1 with some very minor adjustments (made it attacking not balanced) and I never had to adjust it for opposition. In fact, it got me basically the same PPG in the Champ as the Prem, I expected I wouldn't be able to use it against half the teams in the Prem and would need a more balanced tactic.  Problem 2) is that it was too easy for me to acquire top talent, both on loan and permanent.  I know I had the money and the fees were (mostly) realistic, but a lot of those players shouldn't have been interested in coming to a newly promoted side.  I got Vinicius Jr on loan in the Championship FFS!

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 12.42.04.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2020 at 14:58, BJG123 said:

I finished 2nd with Norwich after promotion - I'm not bragging, it's ridiculous.  A 4-2-3-1 gegenpress with attacking mentality taking a newly promoted club to 2nd with an average Champ striker banging in a goal a game is stupid.

Not to mention, not a single bid or bit of interest in him or my other top performing players. The AI knows they are ****.

Or...

Huddersfield - Sacked 35 games in to my first season.

Next save, Halifax - Mid table first season, sacked 10 games into 2nd season.

I've been playing since CM99. Just y'know, trying to give a balanced view.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

Or...

Huddersfield - Sacked 35 games in to my first season.

Next save, Halifax - Mid table first season, sacked 10 games into 2nd season.

I've been playing since CM99. Just y'know, trying to give a balanced view.

It's obviously specific to tactics. Switch to a gegenpress and watch yourself miraculously smash everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pizzachips said:

Champions League Semi final presents both squads like this pre match. Shame its not present for every single game in the season(  Think I need to update my facepacks :) )

image.thumb.png.e4f1950c2e9badf288c67730a3d803b1.png

It is if you switch to comprehensive highlights 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BJG123 said:

I would add I got taken over by  tycoon, so I had very good money to spend in the window (about £90m after sales).  I put together a really good team that I thought would finish top half, maybe push for Europe with a bit of luck and good management, but yeah, nearly winning the league was ridiculous - I actually lost to Man City in game 37, handing them the title (I'd have won it if I won that game) and instead of being disappointed I was relieved.

This is an example of the type of team I was able to put out.  So yeah, I shouldn't have been scrapping for survival but also shouldn't have been spanking the top 6 routinely, either. 

I think there are two issues at play here: 1) The tactic is basically an exploit, and it's just the standard gegenpress 4-3-2-1 with some very minor adjustments (made it attacking not balanced) and I never had to adjust it for opposition. In fact, it got me basically the same PPG in the Champ as the Prem, I expected I wouldn't be able to use it against half the teams in the Prem and would need a more balanced tactic.  Problem 2) is that it was too easy for me to acquire top talent, both on loan and permanent.  I know I had the money and the fees were (mostly) realistic, but a lot of those players shouldn't have been interested in coming to a newly promoted side.  I got Vinicius Jr on loan in the Championship FFS!

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 12.42.04.png

Looks like a fair few reasons to upload that save to SI via the bugs forum. You might have already done so, apologies if I missed that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

are stadiums more realistic? That is Cardiff don't play in a stadium with three tiers suggesting a 70,000 capacity. I just want clubs that in real life have a certain size/style of stadium that it is reflected more closely in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

You can zoom in but because of the new starting 11/subs UI it takes up space that the 2D pitch would use for zooming. The whole match UI this year was built for 3D and even then it's a bit of a mess.

Thats so unfortunate. If 2D isn't fixed I certainly won't be buying it.

Edited by RocheBag
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bosey82 said:

are stadiums more realistic? That is Cardiff don't play in a stadium with three tiers suggesting a 70,000 capacity. I just want clubs that in real life have a certain size/style of stadium that it is reflected more closely in the game.

Nope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tullekunstner said:

OH! And one thing I forgot about the player talk I posted two posts up - after I've said my peace to the player, I have to click through two reaction pages to get back to the game. Everywhere we go in this game, there's just more and more clicks that are so freaking unnecessary. I do not get it. At all. Anyway, here's from the matchday:

  Hide contents

matchday.png.66d677f4966764c9410c890befd4cfa8.png

First of all, look at that red box. What am I supposed to use that information for? It's completely unusable and pointless to even include. At least let me decide if I want to remove it in favor of some other information page I could use that space for instead.

 

No for the bottom bar (green square). I don't like having it up when watching highlights, so I just pull it down. Fine, no problem. But then I want to have a shout, and for that, I need to pop it back up, shout, and then pop it back down. Tedious. Then I want to make a sub, oh great, you have a button there I can just press - good. But then after I've done the substitution, that bar pops back up so I have to close it again. Tedious. Again, this is really a small thing (and should be easy to fix), but as a player it gets really tiring having to constantly deal with these small annoyances.

This thing in the red box (player movements or passes i assume). Yeah its a major annoyance for me. Its such a mess & completely pointless. Makes the whole screen look untidy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropping in to say: as we know the in-game analysis/statistics view is not gone, but only inaccessible through obvious ways, can we please get a button to bring it up officially?

 

 

Screenshot_35.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

League 1 is licensed I believe, so it's likely that the ball in game is the official EFL Mitre ball, and so changing the preferences for the ball won't change it.

Also, @kertiek :

1) You don't need to post that every day in here; and

2) You realising bumping that post every 12 hours or so, causing it to move in the post listings, is probably what is causing SI to miss the post, depending on how they process the bug posts, right?

I've shot a message over to the QA guys though to take a look (so you can stop bumping it and posting the same thing in this thread now, thanks). Do realise though that it will be put into the list of issues to be patched based on its actual priority on how much it breaks the game, it won't be put as bug #1 to deal with compared to crashes, etc.

Thanks for the answer, you are right. It must be a license issue because I changed the ball colour to black for a papa johns cup game and it changed. Its a shame because I could see the dark coloured ball much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say I’m loving the game this year. Used to the match day UI which I struggled with to begin with but now think it’s great. 
 

if I could send one message to SI it would be: please do not tweak the ME. 
 

Yours sincerely,

 

Mr Managerman and family 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else finding Man Utd completly overpowerd, I beat liverpool 50% if the time but Man U continuously thrash me what gives?

 

Also getting a bit annoyed with VAR never had a 'potential' offside overturned.

Very difficult to get good offers for players too even the ones you don't want to sell.

Edited by FMLegend1983
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than being two separate ways to display the exact same information, the opposition instructions screen needs to have the red box identified in the second screenshot below as a sheet to display the opposition squad's attributes we find relevant for making those decisions. It would make setting them, especially at half time and during subs, much easier and faster to come up with. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 5.44.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 5.42.43 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

Doubt they will think they need to fix anything about 2D. It's not a priority for them anymore. Just give us back the widgets.

As much as more effort is put in to improve 3D every year, the same priority should be given to 2D. Not every FM gamers prefers 3D or have good graphics card to watch  3D smoothly  The next option is the 2D and in fact i find 2D is more easier on the eyes to tactically see the movements and positions of the player. 

My honest opinion is adding of the players, shouts and instructions at the bottom page was a great idea as changing instructions and giving shouts to individual players  is much faster while the match is going on. What puts me off is the graphics quality of the 2D and the sizing of the pitch. The common saying, why fix something that isn’t broken. I would have been happy if they have provided the same 2D UI from FM20 in addition to the players at the bottom. What would have been a nice touch from SI is that providing an option of  changing the 2D to 3D for dangerous set pieces, direct free kick and penalties while in 2D mode just like how  replays can be seen in 3D. Such an feature is definitely a step up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, allezdae said:

I know, if I think it's a bug report it...

According to the overall stats seen, there seems nothing obviously off -- this was posted also by SI. Now hear me out, this will be reported every release by someone, even if it needn't be a bug (which it could still be). You know why? Big numbers. And things not artificially being scripted to stay within "boundaries". 

Until a couple days ago I was playing Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access, an RPG based on lots of numbers crunching also.  Going online, it was apparent that (just as in any random number game..) people were convinced there was something wrong with the random number generator. People would even report multiple misses on a near 100% chance  (which a penalty, as you may agree, is still nowhere near) in a row. This has reasonably high odds of happening for any individual player, but amongst thousands of players is bound to happen pretty regularly to someone.

So I started taking notes. I too had 4 misses on as high as a 95% chance to hit on the bounce once -- the thing is, this evened out in the long run. Now what the devs of BG3 are going to do is coding levelers and loaded dice in, optionally. This may ensure that over the short-term with high odds and good character builds/buffs, bad streaks won't happen. Say by ensuring that if players have already missed x times, the next attack is always going to be a hit. Broken RNG claims fixed. My point is: Until SI were to do the same, which I think is a poor simulation of football as a penalty isn't a sure goal ever, a number of players will always report unlikely streaks. Barcelona had subpar records from the spot between 2015-2016 two seasons on the bounce with class kickers on their roster, which wouldn't be possible in-game anymore.


 

Edited by Svenc
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, esca said:

Just saw release-test being released on steamdb.

Could there be an early official release this year?

Unlike betas, i don't recall there are early releases when the date is fixed for an official release. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, esca said:

Just saw release-test being released on steamdb.

Could there be an early official release this year?

Whilst nobody apart from the SI staff can be absolutely sure, given that the release date has been widely communicated, I would have thought that it was very, very unlikely to be released early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Good morning, can anyone answer me a question about beta please? 
 

Will my save be transferred to the full release or will it stay with that beta database? 

It will be transferred.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...