Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPGRADE RATING FOR LIVERPOOL'S NEW TRAINING GROUND

Liverpool this week moved into brand new £60m state of the art training facilities at Kirkby.

But the game actually rates their training facilities as 'Superb', which is still one level below the maximum score.

This is the same level as Aston Villa, Brighton, Leeds.

Meanwhile, the top score for Training Facilities go to Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham.

Liverpools training ground cost £50-60m, and Tottenhams cost £45m a couple of years ago.... yet Tottenhams facilities are still rated higher! Chelseas facilities were designed 15 years ago and at the time cost £20m but still they are rated at maximum!

Surely Liverpools training rating should be changed to the maximum State of the Art?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like.fm20, Match plans have forced substitutions even if you disable them (uncheck allow substitutions in matchday), I reported this in fm20 and never got fixed, posted this in the bug section and no one from si answers, its really frustrating not being able to use a broken feature.

 

 

Edited by kertiek
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rwidodo said:

I'm currently using 433 DM Wide formation with DLF (S), IF (A) and IW (S). 25 games in, my IF (A) has 10 goals and 10 assists. My IW (S) has 12 goals and 4 assists. My DLF only managed to score 6 goals (with 4 assists). 

Who's my DLF you might ask? 

It's Harry Kane

Son is my IF (A) and Moura is my IW (S).

While the ME overall is great, I found that goal and assist distribution is somewhat off. Even woth Support duty, a player of Harry Kane's caliber should score 10+ no?

To take your example to an extreme, should Kane score 10 goals when playing as a defender, simply because he has the stats?

A DLF(S) is a creative striker that frequently drops deep and is more of a creator than a finisher. No matter how amazing Kane's finishing stats are, if he's in a role that doesn't get into dangerous positions that often due to its instructions then you shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't score a lot of goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know Blackburn Rovers?

Im trying to pair strikers in a 442, Armstrong as an Advanced Forward (pace/accel 18) with Bradley Dack (pace 11, more creative)

Dack is usually an Attacking Midfielder but can also play striker.

Im playing counter attacking Direct with a lower backline.

Any advice on what role for Dack?

Ive tried DLP, F9, Complete Forward Support, etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Garlic said:

I love the CB in the 3-man defense which now overlap if set well!

Could you please expand on what you're seeing here? 3 man defences working properly are what will make me buy right now instead of waiting for the demo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

Its very satisfying.

 

I have regular saves too where I'll play a 4321 or a 442 and try to emulate some real world football. But seeing how far you can push a game is very entertaining to me. I'll try and get out of bounds and other such nonsense in other games.

Hi,

If so why don't you appoint for a job at SI ? 

I've never much posted but read a lot on this forum and often enjoyed valuable content ... Great thanks to those who put so much effort in that (Experienced defender, Rashidi or Cleon and many more).

This discussion caught my attention ...

I understand your point and at some point you're something of a speed runner but playing a football manager game, and that's fair if you find satisfaction in doing so ... But without any animosity, by claiming the game is too easy because of an exploit tactics most result hungry virtual coach will attempt to reproduce, you're basically telling SI their game sucks because their is some flaws in their ME that will always be there ... And so for myself, and following your thoughts, i believe that gamey tactics should be effectively punished by AI manager ... Still, is it easily feasible, that's what i don't know and have no clue, as i'm nowhere of a game programmer ... 

So for myself i would stick to tactics that would make sense (even if that means going outside the box) and that should do reasonably well ... and wish by no way SI putting hands again in the ME trying to nerf a gameplay that is by far the closest recreation of real life football ... as much as it is possible to do so and keeping the game running on potato computers ...

Please do not take it personnally or as an aggressive post as it is not meant to be, the writing sometimes doesn't transcribe the intended tone ... That was just my two cents.

Enjoy the game fellow FM21 managers.

(Please excuse me if syntax errors or so as i'm not english...cheers)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, keysea said:

Hi,

If so why don't you appoint for a job at SI ? 

I've never much posted but read a lot on this forum and often enjoyed valuable content ... Great thanks to those who put so much effort in that (Experienced defender, Rashidi or Cleon and many more).

This discussion caught my attention ...

I understand your point and at some point you're something of a speed runner but playing a football manager game, and that's fair if you find satisfaction in doing so ... But without any animosity, by claiming the game is too easy because of an exploit tactics most result hungry virtual coach will attempt to reproduce, you're basically telling SI their game sucks because their is some flaws in their ME that will always be there ... And so for myself, and following your thoughts, i believe that gamey tactics should be effectively punished by AI manager ... Still, is it easily feasible, that's what i don't know and have no clue, as i'm nowhere of a game programmer ... 

So for myself i would stick to tactics that would make sense (even if that means going outside the box) and that should do reasonably well ... and wish by no way SI putting hands again in the ME trying to nerf a gameplay that is by far the closest recreation of real life football ... as much as it is possible to do so and keeping the game running on potato computers ...

Please do not take it personnally or as an aggressive post as it is not meant to be, the writing sometimes doesn't transcribe the intended tone ... That was just my two cents.

Enjoy the game fellow FM21 managers.

(Please excuse me if syntax errors or so as i'm not english...cheers)

I don't think I've made a single post stating that the game sucks. Its the best FM I've played in years. I'm just highlighting flaws in the ME - there's flaws every year and this year it plays some fantastic football.

 

My first save was a Man Utd save, as it always is, and I started with a regular 4123, DM and 2 IFs, with a 4231 against lesser teams. The football was entertaining and the save was fun.

 

If I wish to push the game to its limits in a single player experience, I don't see the harm in doing so. If I was doing this in MP games, by all means call me out. I'm merely showing how extreme it can be when pushed. It isn't an 'exploit' tactic as I still lose a fair chunk of games with it as the AI can exploit my lack of defence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rwidodo said:

I'm currently using 433 DM Wide formation with DLF (S), IF (A) and IW (S). 25 games in, my IF (A) has 10 goals and 10 assists. My IW (S) has 12 goals and 4 assists. My DLF only managed to score 6 goals (with 4 assists). 

Who's my DLF you might ask? 

It's Harry Kane

Son is my IF (A) and Moura is my IW (S).

While the ME overall is great, I found that goal and assist distribution is somewhat off. Even woth Support duty, a player of Harry Kane's caliber should score 10+ no?

I am playing the same tactic and exactly the same roles of the trio in attack but with Juve.

 

Ronaldo is IF(a), Morata is DLF(s) and Dybala is IW(s). Cant remember how mayb goals and asisst they had, but Ronaldo has the most goals(about 30), Morata about 25 goals and Dybala has the most assists(about 16). 

 

My idea was exactly like that, IF(a) would be the scorer, IW(s) would be the creator and the DLF(s) would be the scorer and the creator even though he was much more the scoret than the creator but that depends on what type player he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

I don't think I've made a single post stating that the game sucks. Its the best FM I've played in years. I'm just highlighting flaws in the ME - there's flaws every year and this year it plays some fantastic football.

 

My first save was a Man Utd save, as it always is, and I started with a regular 4123, DM and 2 IFs, with a 4231 against lesser teams. The football was entertaining and the save was fun.

 

If I wish to push the game to its limits in a single player experience, I don't see the harm in doing so. If I was doing this in MP games, by all means call me out. I'm merely showing how extreme it can be when pushed. It isn't an 'exploit' tactic as I still lose a fair chunk of games with it as the AI can exploit my lack of defence.

Don't get me wrong ... 

I know you are not telling SI the game sucks, hence the "basically" i used, but maybe in a wrong way as you seem to have taken it far too aggressive ... And once again i understand what you're saying about pushing the game to its limits, it really reminds me of speed runners in platform games and so, and i understand that you wouldn't use this in MP games as it would make difficult for you to find people to play with otherwise ... Please do get that i didn't want to be mean to you .. 

and by the way i find it some kind of comforting that you write you've been badly hurt on some occasions ... this shows that AI is some kind of responding and targetting reasonnably well flaws in tactics

Have a nice day

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly feel like the changes to finances that were influenced by covid shouldn't have made it in to the game. Ironically they were made to try and be semi-realistic with real life, yet it's made the transfer market completely unrealistic. Realism is fine to a point, but beyond that point all it does is lessen the quality and enjoyment of your game.

Sort the transfer market out and up the difficulty of the AI/ME, and this is undoubtedly the best FM to date

Edited by SmurfDude
Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably been mentioned before, but I seem to miss 2 out of 3 penalties, regardless of the player.  I have now taken to randomly switching players every time I get a penalty, seems to have improved the success rate!

Also, no assists from corners at all in a whole season, and barely any headed goals from open play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Defensive said:

40 from direct free kicks? Saw this thread in the bugs section with i think 8 nearing the end of season.

 

 

But to be honest i prefer this very much over the set piece manager 2019.

Yeah in the Premier league. In the championship only 12 however.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allezdae said:

Probably been mentioned before, but I seem to miss 2 out of 3 penalties, regardless of the player.  I have now taken to randomly switching players every time I get a penalty, seems to have improved the success rate!

Also, no assists from corners at all in a whole season, and barely any headed goals from open play. 

I have scored quite a few goals from corners and crosses. Guess it depends on your play style, I am playing a basic 442 wing play so lots of crosses getting in the box

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 ore fa, RocheBag ha scritto:

Could you please expand on what you're seeing here? 3 man defences working properly are what will make me buy right now instead of waiting for the demo.

3 man defence works pretty nice IMO.

Here an example on how CB overlap is :

I use a 343 or a  wide 523 tf

red lines are DC ( bpd-libero\s-bpd)

yellow lines midfielders

blue line attackers

 

 

dc overlap.jpg

Edited by Garlic
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

I honestly feel like the changes to finances that were influenced by covid shouldn't have made it in to the game. Ironically they were made to try and be semi-realistic with real life, yet it's made the transfer market completely unrealistic. Realism is fine to a point, but beyond that point all it does is lessen the quality and enjoyment of your game.

Sort the transfer market out and up the difficulty of the AI/ME, and this is undoubtedly the best FM to date

Upping the difficulty of the AI definitely won't happen in the full game. I'll be really disappointed if they touch the ME too much either. The transfer market, I think, has already been confirmed will be tweaked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fm2020.smith said:

Does anyone know if the beta has been patched or updated since release ?

I would have thought it should have been as we are so close to the final release date of the game.

No, it hasn't been updated. There shouldn't be any expectation to have the beta update before the official release arrive. 

 

There will be an update on the official release however. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard a few murmurs the game might be a bit too easy.......................

Untitled.thumb.png.b4ac5b5822f21a6ea963f0f7cdb53e99.png

 

I might have to agree but I think it's more the AI's too tame, Bayern barely landed a blow on us & we were massive outsiders 

I'm not even using an out there tactic, it's an evolution of my FM 19 & 20 tactic, that also kicks ass in FM15 & 17 

53780435_Untitled2.png.80db79daa5569700c7e58c2e7625666d.png

 

That got me the treble in Holland, unbeaten in the league, lost twice in Europe, one in the group stage where we went 2-0 down early & couldn't get back in & away at Dortmund 3-2 in the semi, we beat them 3-0 in the home leg

& yes, that's treble winner Jed Wallace on the right wing :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I heard a few murmurs the game might be a bit too easy.......................

Untitled.thumb.png.b4ac5b5822f21a6ea963f0f7cdb53e99.png

 

I might have to agree but I think it's more the AI's too tame, Bayern barely landed a blow on us & we were massive outsiders 

I'm not even using an out there tactic, it's an evolution of my FM 19 & 20 tactic, that also kicks ass in FM15 & 17 

53780435_Untitled2.png.80db79daa5569700c7e58c2e7625666d.png

 

That got me the treble in Holland, unbeaten in the league, lost twice in Europe, one in the group stage where we went 2-0 down early & couldn't get back in & away at Dortmund 3-2 in the semi, we beat them 3-0 in the home leg

& yes, that's treble winner Jed Wallace on the right wing :D

Is it wrong of me to look at this and think that the worst part of all this is...

 

Bayern somehow ending up in the Europa League?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Freakiie said:

Is it wrong of me to look at this and think that the worst part of all this is...

 

Bayern somehow ending up in the Europa League?

I filled my pants when I noticed them & Dortmund were in it to be honest, I didn't follow the champs league to see what happened 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Half way through my first season. Enjoying the game so far. 

Match engine I feel has a had a big improvement. VAR working better than last year. I feel the Dugout with the picture of thousands of little circles for passing completely useless, and should have the option to replace it on your screen with something else you personally find more productive and beneficial to myself. Its about customising the game for the individual player right???

Im warming to the player condition and sharpness icons. Better than the percentages. 

I liked the press conference's at first but already they seem very repetitive and the questions are very similar and boring.  Big negative. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

I think we should enjoy this ME while we have it, fully expecting to be back to strikers that never score come release day patch :kriss:

I really do enjoy the hell out of it so hope it doesn't get messed with too much, I think AI mentality's is the biggest thing that needs changing 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would like better for the 5 defence formations to be named for example 3-5-2 WB instead of 5-3-2 WB or 3-4-3 WB instead of 5-2-3 WB or 3-4-2-1 WB instead of 5-2-2-1 WB

IRL i have not seen any pundit showing a tactic named 5-2-3 or 5-2-2-1. In seria A where many teams play a 3 at the back formation they are named 3-5-2 , 3-4-2-1 , 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I filled my pants when I noticed them & Dortmund were in it to be honest, I didn't follow the champs league to see what happened 

 

Well Dortmund has been universally awful so far in my saves, so them making it to third spot in their CL group and going into the Europa League is almost over performing by their FM21 standards. :idiot:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kiwityke said:

I've had quite a few. In the Premier league there have been about 40 so far. In the championship that drops to 12. There are 3 games of the season to go. So I dunno if there is a problem or what as CA drops because in the Prem it seems fine in lower leagues the number drops off dramatically. 

Yeah ive played in Scotland and holland maybe they just need to increase them in certain leagues not sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

Well Dortmund has been universally awful so far in my saves, so them making it to third spot in their CL group and going into the Europa League is almost over performing by their FM21 standards. :idiot:

They hammered us in the first leg & I fluked two goals, they came out 4-2-4, second leg was the same as Bayern 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been any bug tickets or discussion what jobs people are getting with starting without badges journeyman save?

Just got offered Georgia national job.. Also had some high club talks but waiting for decision. ( got offer from Vilafranquense, seems a tad high club to be interested in me - rookie without badges)

Edited by saihtam
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Has there been any bug tickets or discussion what jobs people are getting with starting without badges journeyman save?

Just got offered Georgia national job.. Also had some high club talks but waiting for decision. ( got offer from Vilafranquense, seems a tad high club to be interested in me - rookie without badges)

I got Nizhny Novgorod 2 and a half star reputation with a pre season expectation of returning to the Russian premier league through the playoffs. 30k seater stadium etc. 

Seems massively unlikely

Link to post
Share on other sites

After playing some more. The match engine has been improved a lot. Lots of variaty in goals and actions. The interface could be improved on during the match. Sometimes I wish its easier like 2020 to change tactics, sub players (though) this could tweaked.A lot of different tactics are possible in the game. I would like the AI make more changes during the matches. Like when I play ultradefensive with 2-0 up the opposition playing putting more pressure/ playing more on the attack. We should get feedback about these tactual changes from the AI. I also would like to see the computer managed teams more building a certrain strategy. Like teams playing on the counter! Playing attackingstyle football. Also more feedback about this (scouting). The presstalks/interviews are better then previous year. Though much more inteligent questions should be asked. The results (of the answers) should depend on the circumstances. Some more creativity could be here. For the ME I would like the VAR experience to be improved (show different camera angles) make it more exciting instead of waiting. In short; this could be a nice game! I did not had any chrashing/perfomance bugs. I hope for long term saves(long time) you need probably to need to play a lot more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Icy said:

Still amazed with the FM improvements, look at this friendly game, I'm Palermo. 

Goals 1, 2 and 5 are really nice through ball goals never seen in FM20.

 

Yea I agree some really nice goals. The ME this year is very good. Just a few adjustments to ai manager mentality and direct free kicks and we will have the best ME ever released. 

Edited by Weller1980
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Has there been any bug tickets or discussion what jobs people are getting with starting without badges journeyman save?

Just got offered Georgia national job.. Also had some high club talks but waiting for decision. ( got offer from Vilafranquense, seems a tad high club to be interested in me - rookie without badges)

There's been a couple mentions. SI stated that there's a fail safe in the game to ensure you always get some job offered (so you career can't die completely), but it might be a bit over tuned this year, resulting in some rather unlikely job offers happening. I'd upload the save to let SI look at it, more data for these kind of things can never hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

I honestly feel like the changes to finances that were influenced by covid shouldn't have made it in to the game. Ironically they were made to try and be semi-realistic with real life, yet it's made the transfer market completely unrealistic. Realism is fine to a point, but beyond that point all it does is lessen the quality and enjoyment of your game.

Sort the transfer market out and up the difficulty of the AI/ME, and this is undoubtedly the best FM to date

You have to remember that the squads in the game are updated with this transfer window already completed. Teams have already bought and sold and have their business done. Season 2 it goes back to normal as it should.

If everyone was buying and selling when you start the game there would essentially be 2 transfer windows between seasons which obviously makes no sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see lots of great goals/attacks a lot of variation! Though I see some weird behaviour sometimes too. Like passing to keep possession (no pressure from the opponent). Though I have to agree sometimes there are great goals, nice actions/build ups! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to love press conferences as I’ve always hated them and competently disregarded them which doesn’t feel right and in the saves with Celtic and Aris I was enjoying them but there’s a couple of niggles for me. 

Started a journeyman and got the job with Nizhny Novgorod (no coaching badges or qualifications so that’s an issue in itself see above post) five games before the mid season break with the expectation I reach the playoffs. I win the first 2 games and draw the next 2 and find myself 3 points outside the playoffs. I come up against Spartak Moscow-2 (heavy favourites and in Moscow) and comeback from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 which was a fantastic result. 

In the post match conference one of the question was

“Your season hasn’t quite gone to plan so far and many people have been left adjusting their expectations as a result. Where do you go from here” 

I appreciate that it’s based on Novgorods season as a whole and not mine but it seems an unfair question given I’ve come in and at that point was unbeaten in 5 games and within touching distance of the playoffs especially when the most positive answer was basically agreeing I’ve had a poor season but that it might eventually balance itself out.

After the winter break I win my first two games (I’m not good I think the beta is too easy) and face this question after the second (I’m in a playoff spot now) 

“Gleb Shilov has been playing very well whilst on loan at Luch in what must seem a stark contrast to your own struggles. Do you wish you had his services at your disposal?” (A one star 19 year old on loan at a club in like the fourth division maybe) 

Again, in my opinion, and odd question and with no real accurate reply I could give to reflect properly the situation I had to go with the neutral it isn’t fair to comment. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im guessing the reason the UI has been streamlined with fewer gadgets, widgets, timebars, etc is to save on the processing power that all those things required.

They said the match engine now has more regular interval 'slices' with each slice being a calculation of what the next thing to happen is, four slices per second. Players can now actually change their minds from slice to slice due to their increased positional awareness of players around them, and thats something that again would commandeer more processing time.

So maybe in order for low-end PCs to handle all those calculations they had to eliminate all those widgets etc that took up processing power whilst a match is being displayed on screen?

Im just guessing but if thats right then all the people complaining about the UI need to see the bigger picture here.

It would be cool to hear a response from the game makers if this theory is right or not???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garlic said:

 

3 man defence works pretty nice IMO.

Here an example on how CB overlap is :

I use a 343 or a  wide 523 tf

red lines are DC ( bpd-libero\s-bpd)

yellow lines midfielders

blue line attackers

 

 

dc overlap.jpg

Thanks! Very promising that the CBs don't seem to be stapled to the halfway line as no one plays 3atb like that in reality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, huntelaar19 said:

I want to love press conferences as I’ve always hated them and competently disregarded them which doesn’t feel right and in the saves with Celtic and Aris I was enjoying them but there’s a couple of niggles for me. 

Started a journeyman and got the job with Nizhny Novgorod (no coaching badges or qualifications so that’s an issue in itself see above post) five games before the mid season break with the expectation I reach the playoffs. I win the first 2 games and draw the next 2 and find myself 3 points outside the playoffs. I come up against Spartak Moscow-2 (heavy favourites and in Moscow) and comeback from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 which was a fantastic result. 

In the post match conference one of the question was

“Your season hasn’t quite gone to plan so far and many people have been left adjusting their expectations as a result. Where do you go from here” 

I appreciate that it’s based on Novgorods season as a whole and not mine but it seems an unfair question given I’ve come in and at that point was unbeaten in 5 games and within touching distance of the playoffs especially when the most positive answer was basically agreeing I’ve had a poor season but that it might eventually balance itself out.

After the winter break I win my first two games (I’m not good I think the beta is too easy) and face this question after the second (I’m in a playoff spot now) 

“Gleb Shilov has been playing very well whilst on loan at Luch in what must seem a stark contrast to your own struggles. Do you wish you had his services at your disposal?” (A one star 19 year old on loan at a club in like the fourth division maybe) 

Again, in my opinion, and odd question and with no real accurate reply I could give to reflect properly the situation I had to go with the neutral it isn’t fair to comment. 
 

I think in Total Club Manager they already did this better. Lots more questions and better q&a that actualy fits the situation. Though what I think could really make it better is actualy having different situations has different outcomes. Like player talks (the outcome should not always be the same) There is a lot stats in this game; so I ques they could build the pressconference on them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Why are you screamming? Also, what's the point in having a patch before the official release? It doesn't make sense at all.

of course it makes sense, this is the beta so it needs testing then patached then tested then patched etc to make sure the game ius where you want it. you dont want to go to official relsease when all the media reviews your finished article and there be something that doesnt work or the me has something glaringly obvious that needs to be fixed.

pretty simple really 

Link to post
Share on other sites

More bad match UI feedback, to add to my ever-growing list. 

This is the second leg  of the Europa League - the score is 3-2 after the first leg - where on Earth would I be able to see this in match?! Why was this removed?

20201118113251_1.thumb.jpg.9881ce442b7d7ca89e7048a1cffd620e.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ai2ker said:

More bad match UI feedback, to add to my ever-growing list. 

This is the second leg  of the Europa League - the score is 3-2 after the first leg - where on Earth would I be able to see this in match?! Why was this removed?

It is listed as a known issue. The list is linked in the OP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...