Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

I don't mind the star rating for positions, I used it from the tactics last year but I've found hitting the drop-down doesn't show the star rating for the player currently in the position only the replacements. This was fine how FM20 did it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, TAV2 said:

I am old school and like to view matches in 2D Classic. Why does it look worse than games made 7 years ago? Seems like I'm getting pushed to watch 3d. Sigh.

That question was asked many, many times here, and they don't care to explain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

Why did you remove the option to pick attributes by role? It was soo useful

I suppose it has something to do with the role suitability system being reworked, probably just a bug. Already multiple threads reporting it, so hopefully it gets sorted!

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Role Rating System has changed for FM21 to try and reflect you don't need to play players in their 'best' role.

Role Stars should be linked to the CA Stars - so a 3 Star Striker would get 3 Stars for Poacher if that was his best role and say 2 Stars for Target Man if he wasn't suited to that role, so it shouldn't be possible to have a 1 star Striker rated as 5 stars for Poacher.

Should also make it easier to compare your players as it should now be clearer that a 5 star Striker with a 3 star rating for Poacher is better than a 3 Star Striker who has 2 Stars as a Poacher, but a 4 star Striker rated as 4 Star Poacher would be better than either of the others.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing it up! :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just doing the first press conference and I feel that the body language is a bit restrictive. For example I am asked about not speaking Italian and I can only be bullish about it not mattering if I am open and warm or smiling when I want to be more assertive and say '**** it, language means nowt.' which was basically an option with the tone system.

I like the idea of the body language however I feel so far that nuance it demands doesn't exist in the stock responses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, damocles said:

Outstanding Defence
Your team didn't concede a goal in 20 consecutive competitive matches

 

10.1% of global players have it, like 4 minutes after release?

Steam Achievement Count only counts people who have either run the game once or unlocked at least one achievement, for example its dropped down to 0.4% now more people have the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Role Rating System has changed for FM21 to try and reflect you don't need to play players in their 'best' role.

Role Stars should be linked to the CA Stars - so a 3 Star Striker would get 3 Stars for Poacher if that was his best role and say 2 Stars for Target Man if he wasn't suited to that role, so it shouldn't be possible to have a 1 star Striker rated as 5 stars for Poacher.

Should also make it easier to compare your players as it should now be clearer that a 5 star Striker with a 3 star rating for Poacher is better than a 3 Star Striker who has 2 Stars as a Poacher, but a 4 star Striker rated as 4 Star Poacher would be better than either of the others.

Love this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dcu223 said:

Oh and i miss the timeline as found it useful to replay some goals. Unable to do that now.

This really needs to be brought back ASAP, it's pretty much essential to watch games properly. In fact I can't believe it has been taken out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

Might be missing it, but cannot see height & weight anywhere on player profiles?

Same as always, just below strength in the profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pizzachips said:

I'm on a laptop that barely meets min requirements and its so far so quick (albeit not played a game) so loving that

An observation; when I click on any player and their profile comes up like below, I swore in FM20 when I moved therefore hovered onto the little man icon under NAME it would automatically highlight their profile page but thats not working leading me to click each time out of the current profile

image.thumb.png.68ed5d16b9594b8bc3895751b1f9ccc5.png

You can change the behaviour of that panel from the Preferences Menu under Advanced - Interface -  Team Screen - Display Player Attributes Popup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Padders said:

oh no that's not good :(

Think the idea was that you wouldn't necessarily know as a manager how a player was down to that level of detail. There won't be a huge difference between a player at 95% and 90% for example. One of the SI team will probably be able to explain it better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is text blurry/fuzzy for anyone else? No matter what zoom I set it at, all text is blurry/fuzzy/hazy. This is only an issue in FM21. FM20 looks fine. So does everything else. I even tried restarting, no go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Braincomplexa said:

Restarting the game worked for me 👍

I think I've discovered the problem whilst logging off and going to bed. That problem is me. I think I was making a Graphics folder in the game directory folder instead of the documents folder. Deary me, bed time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dcu223 said:

Oh and i miss the timeline as found it useful to replay some goals. Unable to do that now.

Click on the top left hand corner it pull down a match review and you can click on teh time a goal was scored to replay.

 

OT- There has been a clear and marked improvement to the visuals and the animations, looks half way decent now and the animations are much less stunted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can change the behaviour of that panel from the Preferences Menu under Advanced - Interface -  Team Screen - Display Player Attributes Popup.

thanks - It was set to hover and I re tried,, going from click back to hover, but doesnt work so logged on bugs forum

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oulzac said:

Is text blurry/fuzzy for anyone else? No matter what zoom I set it at, all text is blurry/fuzzy/hazy. This is only an issue in FM21. FM20 looks fine. So does everything else. I even tried restarting, no go.

Actually it looks like it keeps defaulting back to 85%. I change it. It reloads. Still looks off. I go back into the settings. And the setting is back to 85%. Something isn't right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fidelitywars said:

Seems impossible to use windowed mode? I choose it on preferences, it prompts if I wish to change, click 'yes' and nothing happens. Cursor has to be hovered 2 cms over all menu options for them to be active on full screen mode; pretty much unusable. Anyone else having this problem?

Same issue, did you manage to fix it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

The change to Condition has been made to better align with the information real life managers have available to them and to better communicate what this information is actually telling you.

In the match the difference between 91% and 92% is so arbitrarily small that it makes no significant difference and the AI acts as such. However, we have been seeing a number of people taking an unnecessary and even detrimental approach to these numbers, refusing to play players at 86% Condition for example. This is a good example of the misinformation that we would like to combat both inside and outside of the game.

For us, making the change to a system that directly tells you what you need to know and when you need to act is an improvement on the previous version. We acknowledge that for many here it will feel like less information but I would implore you to consider how you arrived at making a decision between "fit" and "not fit" under the old system and whether you actually could do that reliably. This is the key advantage of the new system, it immediately highlights this information.

It is also worth noting that the expanded tooltip, seen when hovering over the Condition icon, surfaces all of the factors that contribute to that Condition rating, including a brand new 'Fatigue' comment. This can be useful if you need a little more information to help you make your decision

is there anyway to turn the colours into words or numbers on the selection screen (without hovering over it) being colourblind i cannot tell the difference in the chosen colours by looking at it, it seems all my players are the same condition, till i over over each one individually for the words

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Cons

No ability at any point to have both team line ups side by side showing player ratings

Lack of 'reverse view' in the 3D view

Lots of dead screen on the in-between view during a screen, particularly under the match stats bit on the left. 

Subs only mentioned in commentary without a pop up box

Lighting not great making it difficult to follow the ball in 3D (FM19 had perfect lighting)

 

Not impressed with this part of the game so far. Will require skinners and modders to improve a lot of this, I reckon. 

 

What Screen resolution are you using as each of the right side Tablet panels should be selectable panels at 1080p you should have two side-by-side panels in the table (in addition to the stats on the left and dugout in the middle) and collapsing the player bar at the bottom should split them in half giving you four selectable panels. Whilst the match stats panel on the left should fill up with match incidents and acts like the old overview screen - goals, injuries, cards etc...

Though if you feel there is too much dead space then it is worth raising the issue in the bugs forum if you haven't already been so, I'd also raise the other issues so they can be checked in case it's not intentional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do these new condition/fitness colors work? I have a player with match/training load: light, fatigue: fresh and injury susceptibility: very low, yet he has an increased overall risk of injury and his overall condition is only considered "Good". Then I have another player with match/training load: light, fatigue: fresh but with injury susceptibility: high and he has low overall risk of being injured with the overall condition "Peak". Bug? They both have "maintaining sharpness" on match fitness.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to confess that I find the skin very hard on my eyes. I find that the text contrasts poorly with the background and almost looks blurry. 

I have already had to increase the text size to 125%.

I notice there is only one skin this year.

I know it is probably an age related thing, and my increasingly poor vision, but I notice this has been a thing since the purple.

I also didn't have the best sleep today, so I have no doubt that has something to do with my viewing discomfort. It is however a trend that has continued from last year. With FM20 I had to change the skin and up the UI size. 

I do understand the limitations covid has placed on SI, but in future years can some time be put to other skin options? 

I will download a skin when they become available.

I didn't have a long time to play today, but I still only got 30 minutes in because viewing the game was uncomfortable.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, michaeltmurrayuk said:

What Screen resolution are you using as each of the right side Tablet panels should be selectable panels at 1080p you should have two side-by-side panels in the table (in addition to the stats on the left and dugout in the middle) and collapsing the player bar at the bottom should split them in half giving you four selectable panels. Whilst the match stats panel on the left should fill up with match incidents and acts like the old overview screen - goals, injuries, cards etc...

Though if you feel there is too much dead space then it is worth raising the issue in the bugs forum if you haven't already been so, I'd also raise the other issues so they can be checked in case it's not intentional.

1600x900 - the only selectable panel on the tablet thing is the left hand one. I am on 110% zoom so maybe that's affecting it? Shouldn't though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Click on the top left hand corner it pull down a match review and you can click on teh time a goal was scored to replay.

 

 

Thanks for this

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, anagain said:

I have to confess that I find the skin very hard on my eyes. I find that the text contrasts poorly with the background and almost looks blurry. 

I have already had to increase the text size to 125%.

I notice there is only one skin this year.

I know it is probably an age related thing, and my increasingly poor vision, but I notice this has been a thing since the purple.

I also didn't have the best sleep today, so I have no doubt that has something to do with my viewing discomfort. It is however a trend that has continued from last year. With FM20 I had to change the skin and up the UI size. 

I do understand the limitations covid has placed on SI, but in future years can some time be put to other skin options? 

I will download a skin when they become available.

I didn't have a long time to play today, but I still only got 30 minutes in because viewing the game was uncomfortable.

 

Purple is the colour premier league uses for graphics so the game is following that.

But it has poor contrast so there should be a backup colour scheme for people with vision disabilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I don't mind the star rating for positions, I used it from the tactics last year but I've found hitting the drop-down doesn't show the star rating for the player currently in the position only the replacements. This was fine how FM20 did it 

Figured that bit out, hide starting XI

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...