Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, bringbacklilnux said:

Seriously missing the ability to scroll back and (then) forward through the 'live' match, particularly the ability to to select goals via the 'ball' icon as in fm20 and earlier.

Er... anybody tell me how to turn off the text commentary at the bottom of the match screen, please.

While not quite the same, you can click on the clock and open this side panel (sadly, not completely persistent, it will disappear at times so you have to reopen) --- there in the notable events are at least the goals and bookings which you can review --- pretty much the same info you got on the timebar in FM20 and earlier).  
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2288340041

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've changed my mind on the match day UI.  Most of what I'd seen has been on Youtube - people playing on short highlight modes so screen dominated by 'between highlight' screens. Got to see it today for real on a 4K monitor and playing comprehensive.  In that configuration I definitely think I'll enjoy it (when FMT finally emerges). Apart from the player bar at the bottom the bulk of the screen gives a pretty good live broadcast feel in comprehensive highlight mode.

Can understand why people who like a screen full of widgets wouldn't like it, but I think I'm convinced.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

What does "Sweeper Keeper" actually do?

Whenever a team plays a through ball (and it's nice they're doing it more this year) they're glued to the six yard box.

Inside of taking a long kick, they occasionally will dribble with the ball up to the centre-backs, turn 90 degrees to the side and pass to them and then return to the box. That's essentially it. Not much sweeping occurring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the Post-Match Reports can be a little difficult to see, particularly the XG Match Story, depending on the colour lines. Got two examples below, one with clear colours and another where it's a little more difficult to see. Maybe the background to the XG Match Story should be white, or the same shade of purple as the Schedule list? Something lighter so they stand out more.

image.thumb.png.b8a771bb2b205ec72261206e28a6a117.png

image.thumb.png.feffe9c72da32488eebf10a0d3aad242.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FloridaCanary87 said:

Sometimes the Post-Match Reports can be a little difficult to see, particularly the XG Match Story, depending on the colour lines. Got two examples below, one with clear colours and another where it's a little more difficult to see. Maybe the background to the XG Match Story should be white, or the same shade of purple as the Schedule list? Something lighter so they stand out more.

image.thumb.png.b8a771bb2b205ec72261206e28a6a117.png

image.thumb.png.feffe9c72da32488eebf10a0d3aad242.png

I think there might always be a shade where some team's bar is difficult to see. So I would suggest that the bar is made thicker and has two contrast colours, or just always keep them in a "home" and "away" colour, so they are always visible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

I've changed my mind on the match day UI.  Most of what I'd seen has been on Youtube - people playing on short highlight modes so screen dominated by 'between highlight' screens. Got to see it today for real on a 4K monitor and playing comprehensive.  In that configuration I definitely think I'll enjoy it (when FMT finally emerges). Apart from the player bar at the bottom the bulk of the screen gives a pretty good live broadcast feel in comprehensive highlight mode.

Can understand why people who like a screen full of widgets wouldn't like it, but I think I'm convinced.

 

re the player bar at bottom if you don't always want it visible.

During a match, theres  a button in the very right hand side at the bottom, if you click it, it collapses this player bar giving you full screen during highlights.

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutos atrás, KloppRodgersHodgson disse:

I saw your clip and thought 0.3 was OK, all things considered 🧐

Yeah, at least all games Ive being watching, players dont waste plays like that 7 in 10 times

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently in a really frustrating situation and I don´t think its exactly a bug but its something I´d like to bring up for future changes. So I am in summer 2022 and Spurs bet 29 Mio. € for Otavio which is his release clause. As a replacement I agreed upon a contract with Barcas Pedri, the transfer costs 31 Mio. €. My current transfer budget is 10 Mio. €. I already had to postpone the Pedri transfer twice because Otavio needed a work permit and everything took longer than I initially expected. Here comes the ****ed up thing: On 7.8.2022 at 9:47 a.m. the usual message comes that I don´t have enough funds for Pedri. I cannot delay anymore cause Barca will cancel. I cannot ask the board to fund Pedri cause he will refuse a contract offer from the board since negotiations were not successful (which is ******** at this point cause thats why I got the option for the board to take over). If I cancel the transfer myself I cannot even convince Barca to accept my offer again since they now demand his release clause of 91 Mio. €. And exactly one hour after I have to cancel the Pedri transfer (can also ask the board to take over, does not matter) Otavio gets his work permit and goes for 29 Mio. € to Spurs which ofc means I´d have the funds I needed just one hour later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Prej said:

We need to tell SI how much we love the match day UI and how many goals we can produce thanks to it. Come the winter patch, we'll have the FM20 UI right back.

I've said it earlier in the post --- my main problem with the current matchday UI (I play full matches, no highlights) is, if I want stats, I have to sacrifice half my screen with the datapad open.  And, it doesn't have all of the stats I used to have using widgets in FM20 (possession bar per half/10 minutes, so you could see change of momentum statistically, rather than gut feel; Match day info, etc.).  

Not adverse to having the datapad, if it were moveable or resizable.  Ideally, it could be a pop-out window which I could move to a second monitor, so I could have both full stats array and the full match window!   Also would like the AssMans advice on the datapad --- while playing out full matches, the 3-second pop up in the bottom left, if missed, can only be found again by going into highlight mode and checking the dugout (which is not at all available in full match view as far as I can tell).

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

One question. When you get this screen, can you hover over the names so it gives you info like 'making debut' or 'top goalscorer' etc like it did in last year's game?

But on the whole, I agree, this needs to be for every match. 

I don't know if you've been answered Dave but you get that info on the screen before that, I'm in game now so forget what it's called, Match Prep I think it is

ETA: It's Tactical Meeting

I just had something assuming I'd never seen before on that screen, playing a youngster at left back who's not convincing there, the whole team where concerned we were exposed at the back, nice touch

ETA: He got a great assist & MOM :brock: 

Edited by Johnny Ace
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed the the Columns in the squad view haven't been fixed for another year again. You have to right click and press Auto Size All Columns everytime you go to the tactic and in match tactic page you have to scroll all the way to the right to see the Average rating.

The pre-match team selection screen is just awful there is no other words for it. Why is it in a small box with all this wasted space around it?

https://imgur.com/ANhF7rl

I play at 1440p I shouldn't have to scroll up/down or left/right to see my team and player info. The normal tatics page should pop up not the page in the picture I linked.

Edit:

Widgets on Match day have been removed? I liked having my team widget open so I could easily see player rating/fitness, The new system of having them spread out across the bottom of the screen feels bad to me I find it hard to read. The Widget was a nice simple easy to read list with all the info in one small box, I miss it already.

Why was the feature to select the stats needed for a staff member job when searching scouting them? For example if I wanted a tactical coach I could have selected "show recommended stats for tactical coaching" or whatever it was called. Has this been removed because I can not see it anywhere on the staff search page.

 

On a positive note the best feature in 2021 is the micro stutter has finally been fixed after years. Match day looks super smooth on my 2080ti, it has been a problem lots of people have had for years so Thank you for fixing it.

Edited by Matty114
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I click a natural striker, it has his role and duty up for AML, this is for every striker in the game that can play AML to any degree, is this a bug or something to do with my staff/scouting? It should be on the players natural position. Also noticed it happening on natural CB's that can play RB or LB, it has the role and duty for the fullback position rather than his natural position of CB.

 

image.thumb.png.f449b544769c387faa0934e19250a324.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Is there any kind of guide to the recruitment meeting? I think I'm doing something wrong because I've had 3 meetings and none of them were successfull, all 3 0 players found.

Mine have been really successful so far. I give them quite a bit of info to go off though. Getting them to scout re my clubs transfer policy and giving them a month rather than what appears to be the default 1 week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Anything you think may be a bug, post it as a report in the bug forum. The SI QA and dev peeps over there will tell you one way or another, since none of us can tell you if it's expected behaviour or not.

 

Report them as bugs, don't post them here.

 

Report it as a bug.

Report it as a bug.

Report it as a bug.

Seriously people - don't post bugs in here, they'll just end up getting lost and not reviewed by the SI QA staff that are dealing with the bugs reported in the appropriate forum every weekday. If you think it's a bug, report it. You'll either be told it's a known issue or working as intended (in which case you've lost out on nothing), or you'll be told it is a bug they weren't aware of and it'll help SI fix them to get the game polished for release on the 24th.

Thanks.

Lol this needs to be sticky. 

 

And people then complain about nothing getting fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Mine have been really successful so far. I give them quite a bit of info to go off though. Getting them to scout re my clubs transfer policy and giving them a month rather than what appears to be the default 1 week.

What kind of extra info have you given to them? I just selected the preferred role, age and ca & pa.

I'll try to add few more info and see if it'll work.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Whenever I click a natural striker, it has his role and duty up for AML, this is for every striker in the game that can play AML to any degree, is this a bug or something to do with my staff/scouting? It should be on the players natural position. Also noticed it happening on natural CB's that can play RB or LB, it has the role and duty for the fullback position rather than his natural position of CB.

 

image.thumb.png.f449b544769c387faa0934e19250a324.png

Have def noticed this too - worth raising on bugs forum 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im on 110% windows zoom to help with reading the screen.

The beta works ok but on the match day tactics screen, if I change something then there is no CONFIRM button to press after. I have to toggle to the PLAYER menu then select CONFIRM from there.

Is this my fault or the games fault?

Is this a bug i see before me?

bug.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a nice feature if we could decide what we want to see in the "dugout" alerts from the assistant manager. I know there is an always ignore option on some message types but not all.

For example, I'm not interested in seeing score and league table updates mid match (and as there is lots of talk about realism, it doesn't seem realistic to me that my assistant would update me on league table mid match for a game in the middle of the season).

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 2feet said:

Im on 110% windows zoom to help with reading the screen.

The beta works ok but on the match day tactics screen, if I change something then there is no CONFIRM button to press after. I have to toggle to the PLAYER menu then select CONFIRM from there.

Is this my fault or the games fault?

Is this a bug i see before me?

bug.jpg

Same for me, I’ve found that clicking on the bottom right makes the confirm button appear   I was doing what you did before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, strippdogg said:

Same for me, I’ve found that clicking on the bottom right makes the confirm button appear   I was doing what you did before. 

Bug I think. I have already reported it but worth doing so or adding to mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been told off for swearing on here before - I’ve been playing the beta now since launch and had a good old session on it today and can confirm that FM21 is good. Funkingly good. Getting used to the match day UI is the hardest part for me but I am getting used to it. Finding the ME much much better to watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any reason why wingers always seem to take the number 6 shirt when it's free? In general terms you'd usually see a centre back or centre midfielder wear that number. It's only a minor issue but it triggers the OCD in me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just about finished my first season, not sure if it is a bug, but my lone striker has scored 24 goals in the season, the 2nd highest in my team is 3 ?? Penalties  seem a problem, had 5 out of 5 saved in the season, using my best penalty taker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to run a real high tempo test save with Chelsea in a way that I don't usually play. 

Used a really attacking 4-2-4 and only key highlights and this saw us winning the league with ease and also reaching the semi-finals of the Champions league as well as winning the FA Cup. 

Based on what I've seen, the game still seems to be so that using super attacking formations and style of play mainly has benefits in it and it very rarely seems to backfire. With this kind of a tactic, I should have been shipping in goals but actually we conceded less than 30 in the league and had zero games where the opposition really were able to use our approach to their advantage. 

This for me has been an issue for years now and demands a lot of focus from the developers in my opinion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Broken_Record said:

Decided to run a real high tempo test save with Chelsea in a way that I don't usually play. 

Used a really attacking 4-2-4 and only key highlights and this saw us winning the league with ease and also reaching the semi-finals of the Champions league as well as winning the FA Cup. 

Based on what I've seen, the game still seems to be so that using super attacking formations and style of play mainly has benefits in it and it very rarely seems to backfire. With this kind of a tactic, I should have been shipping in goals but actually we conceded less than 30 in the league and had zero games where the opposition really were able to use our approach to their advantage. 

This for me has been an issue for years now and demands a lot of focus from the developers in my opinion. 

Try doing the same thing with Fulham? That would be a better test, surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Try doing the same thing with Fulham? That would be a better test, surely?

Do that with Fulham and the trousers will be pulled down with a full scale wedgie over the head will be witnessed.

"Oh I dont like being a top team that wins all the time". Complaining about a Elite team that plays attacking football does end up winning trophies is next level nitpicking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pathetic how they have removed widgets during matchdays, so much important information is lost now and they've replaced it with some weird gimmicky crap.

 

Cannot believe this company, the UI gets worse and worse every year. I look forward to this every year, the ME keeps improving (debatable at times), but these UI designs are horrible. Hire some new people

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fruity__ said:

Pathetic how they have removed widgets during matchdays, so much important information is lost now and they've replaced it with some weird gimmicky crap.

 

Cannot believe this company, the UI gets worse and worse every year. I look forward to this every year, the ME keeps improving (debatable at times), but these UI designs are horrible. Hire some new people

While I agree with you to some extent please bear in mind that this is a beta version. Things can still change to the full release. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Fruity__ said:

Pathetic how they have removed widgets during matchdays, so much important information is lost now and they've replaced it with some weird gimmicky crap.

 

Cannot believe this company, the UI gets worse and worse every year. I look forward to this every year, the ME keeps improving (debatable at times), but these UI designs are horrible. Hire some new people

Yep.. ME really great but UI is just bad.. FM 20 matchday UI was perfect 

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Try doing the same thing with Fulham? That would be a better test, surely?

However

A.I inability to Counter Attack or Attack efficiently is a known issue.

With a team predicted to be 17-20th, if I went Very Attacking, Direct, High Tempo, High Press I would achieve above expectations easily and be 10th or something.

We fans do not want this and we expect better from the devs.

Edited by Lucas
Removed falsehoods
Link to post
Share on other sites

likes
i really really like the recruitment meetings (but they could be made better by them asking you if you have any targets/players you'd like to bring in)
the match engine is much better than last year for sure


dislikes
wanting to talk to an individial ALL boxes are ticked so you have to untick all apart from the one or two you want to chat to
the short and long passes indicator in the dugout (please remove this) it serves no purpose
team talk screen is awful, the players are all over the screen
im not a fan of the dark skin, preffered last years
when lower league teams offer you nothing for (a youth player) but you throw in a little percentage of next sale and they always withdraw, why? he's still free

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...