Jump to content

Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2020 at 15:20, denisrmoreira said:

I'm missing being able to fix the window with game statistics / information during the games. The information that descends automatically (below the scoreboard) is repetitive and unnecessary - It is much better to have the option to customize the match statistics window (as it always has been) than the window to automatically descend and repeat the same information. the custom window -.

 

Another thing that bothered me was the difficulty of finding tabs that contain relevant information (since always), like the average positioning during the matches (before I just went to Analysis, now I have to wait for the match to end). The ideal is to simplify things, not hinder - regardless of the amount of content -.
 

image.png.68e48398cb78a2ae4e3f1e024c473758.png

 

Lastly, we have too many windows and (unnecessary) infos. in this version. For example before games and during press conferences. Many icons, windows, etc.

What did you think?
 

image.png


By God, where is the "Analysis" tab that shows my players' average positioning?

Instead of this duplicate information tab that descends from the scoreboard, why not put a field with the average positioning of the teams there? It would be infinitely more useful and better!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I have just over 20 hours gameplay and finished a season in the Swedish 2nd division;

1. I use a not particularly powerful MacBook Air and the performance is 10x better than FM20. I ran the same leagues/size database than last year and was a star rating better for performance. Also, with graphics on low, it looks 10x better than low last season.

2. Can we add a team colour specific bar or header to players? Currently it's the default purple/black skin and looking at players who I don't know is not easy to actually determine if they are my players, free transfers or play for another team.

3. To comment on some above, crossing and headers are great for me. I've had different types of crosses and my strikers properly connecting with them and going into the top/bottom corners. Looks like the players used more skill, rather than just bouncing off them.

4. My board have asked me to play attacking and counter-attacking football. Is that viewed as the same thing, or complete opposites? To me, attacking is high intensity, high pressing, direct football. Counter-attacking is soaking up pressure and then breaking quickly.

5. When you go to the tactical meeting and then the team selection page, can we keep the left hand menu bar available to select rather than having to click back twice, review my squad and then continue twice?

6. Match UI - Can the badges of the clubs be added next to the names? Won't take up much space, but adds a nice touch.

7. Can the dugout and match stats sections also be 'customisable' as it, can I swap the dugout bit out to put something else? I'd choose to have the match stats in the centre and dugout either not there or to the edge. Can the dugout also be customisable as to what info is put in there?

8. The short passes mini map by about 50 minutes is just a pitch covered in blobs and arrows. Maybe it could pick out a particular player, either in my team or the opposition who is doing particularly well or bad as info?

9. Mentioned a lot but assister added to the goal and maybe how many assists they've got (similar to X goal this season)

10. If a player scores 2, there's the post-match screen which only. has a ball next their name. Can it be 2 balls or a ball with a 2 in it?

11. At the end of the season, I couldn't see a way to quickly view my goal of the season. FM20 had a button that said view goal and it loaded into a little window which I thought was good.

Edited by Grifty
Link to post
Share on other sites

My enjoy of fm21 just became the absolute rock bottom because of this. At first I was happy but now so so sad. Game is worst broke than past all broken versions. Journeyman save? It doesn't exist, and people who play it are idiots for the game. 

I started Sunday league rep, no badges. Had Newcastle in 5th place January think game too easy. Upset all squad selling bad players, lose almost everything season second half and finish relegated in goal difference. Sacked and very happy, first time ever in many years of fm to not over achieve, and I know my fault for trying with no success to sell team captain players and bad morale. 

Sacked. Sunday league rep. Rejected by all vanorama national league teams and vanorama teams. Not even any interview. Just total reject. So happy, fm is hard for once! 

Then, after reject from VNN teams no interview, job offer Huesca relegated league santadaner to be one of favorites in la liga 2. Why no interview from Exeter or borehams Wood then interview huesca? 

So sad. Journeyman is a fake concept and it doesn't work. If you play journeyman save and you get new jobs? It's just random. All fm love is gone, same as all years. Broken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Grifty said:

 

4. My board have asked me to play attacking and counter-attacking football. Is that viewed as the same thing, or complete opposites? To me, attacking is high intensity, high pressing, direct football. Counter-attacking is soaking up pressure and then breaking quickly.

Attacking/ Positive mentality with Counter selected, it's the brand of football I play & counters are very effective under those mentalities 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Christmas said:

My enjoy of fm21 just became the absolute rock bottom because of this. At first I was happy but now so so sad. Game is worst broke than past all broken versions. Journeyman save? It doesn't exist, and people who play it are idiots for the game. 

I started Sunday league rep, no badges. Had Newcastle in 5th place January think game too easy. Upset all squad selling bad players, lose almost everything season second half and finish relegated in goal difference. Sacked and very happy, first time ever in many years of fm to not over achieve, and I know my fault for trying with no success to sell team captain players and bad morale. 

Sacked. Sunday league rep. Rejected by all vanorama national league teams and vanorama teams. Not even any interview. Just total reject. So happy, fm is hard for once! 

Then, after reject from VNN teams no interview, job offer Huesca relegated league santadaner to be one of favorites in la liga 2. Why no interview from Exeter or borehams Wood then interview huesca? 

So sad. Journeyman is a fake concept and it doesn't work. If you play journeyman save and you get new jobs? It's just random. All fm love is gone, same as all years. Broken. 

There is code in the game that no matter how bad you do, it's still possible to get at least some jobs after being fired. Else it'd just be game over and the user would never know it. 

However this specific example of hiring may be an issue, so worth raising it on the bug forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/809-all-other-gameplay/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we still have that baffling thing where if you take control of individual training for your U23s/U18s it forces those sides to play with the same tactics as the first team, regardless of which players they have available?

Edited by JayArr
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CFCtez said:

During a match is there anyway you can view attendance? This used to show after HT but can't seem to see it anywhere in the new match screen layout?

as far as I can tell, there isn't during match.  I have to find my attendances after match by using the schedule and adding attendance to the default view.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

as far as I can tell, there isn't during match.  I have to find my attendances after match by using the schedule and adding attendance to the default view.  

See, it's stuff like this where you haven't a clue whether that's been done intentionally or it's an oversight & should be reported as a bug

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

as far as I can tell, there isn't during match.  I have to find my attendances after match by using the schedule and adding attendance to the default view.  

Cheers G_D_K. Wasnt sure if I was being completely blind or if it had just been removed. Thats how I view them now in the schedule. Do miss it during the match. Hopefully for the full release it appears on there again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sporadicsmiles said:

Hmm, I do not seem to be able to praise or criticise training performances. Is this expected in FM21? Is it because I delegate general training? 

You definitely can. I have seen that people can once the season started though. Whether it's intended or not, I don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't had the time to play much yet, but so far

* I just love the ME.

* I like the UI, including the match day experience.

* Press conferences are much more fun.

* Game runs faster than ever.

* Found some weird bugs, but they all seems to be logged.

* Only negative so far: I HATE the match day emojis. They have nothing to do in a serious game. I really hope this is not the route FM is taking. It's impossible for me to immerse myself into a game when it feels like it's aimed at kids who like to babble at colourful things at the screen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the worst aspects of the new UI.

 

Have to pause the match, turn up my brightness, squint, THEN I can see where the opposition attacks from! Its the same story for the other menus if either team wears a dark kit, add something to differentiate it please. Such a small thing makes a big difference. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.55.22 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, denisrmoreira said:


By God, where is the "Analysis" tab that shows my players' average positioning?

Instead of this duplicate information tab that descends from the scoreboard, why not put a field with the average positioning of the teams there? It would be infinitely more useful and better!

It's on the Tactics Screen, Click the Analysis Button top right of the pitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

This is one of the worst aspects of the new UI.

 

Have to pause the match, turn up my brightness, squint, THEN I can see where the opposition attacks from! Its the same story for the other menus if either team wears a dark kit, add something to differentiate it please. Such a small thing makes a big difference. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.55.22 PM.png

I totally agree they need to fix the color shades they use for these graphs so they don’t blend, but you can clearly read the percentages and you don’t need to squint or change any brightness to know they are mostly attacking down the left flank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean. are you saying for example, when you use the drop down menu for a player in the striker position & your main striker's playing right wing, he doesn't appear on the striker list? In that drop down menu there's a filter option for who you want & don't want to show, maybe try that? 

Didn't see it, mate. 

 

Thank you! I don't know why is it hidden in the first place..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oulzac said:

Any chance we could see a patch by Monday for some smaller things?

I know, I'm a dunce for even asking.

No idea if there will be an update before release or not. Neil posted this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

No.

But...

 

There is only one Brexit scenario in this years game and this creates a new WP system which comes into play after the close of the 2020 summer window. The new WP system will apply to any foreign player. So it is not an issue that you are seeing Italian/Spanish players needing a WP after the 2020 summer window. With the new WP system the criteria for players to get a WP is now tougher. Offering high transfer fees and wages will not make the signings more likely. 

In terms of issues raised in this bug 

1) EU players requiring work permits in the summer 2020 window. This is something we have passed on to the dev team to look into would like to have a look at your save for the Correia exampe @antonywarnes

2) Player who could potentially be getting work permits under new brexit rules not getting a WP. Would be very interested in taking a look at your Pellegrini example @Chetsfmfan

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

But...

 

There is only one Brexit scenario in this years game and this creates a new WP system which comes into play after the close of the 2020 summer window. The new WP system will apply to any foreign player. So it is not an issue that you are seeing Italian/Spanish players needing a WP after the 2020 summer window. With the new WP system the criteria for players to get a WP is now tougher. Offering high transfer fees and wages will not make the signings more likely. 

In terms of issues raised in this bug 

1) EU players requiring work permits in the summer 2020 window. This is something we have passed on to the dev team to look into would like to have a look at your save for the Correia exampe @antonywarnes

2) Player who could potentially be getting work permits under new brexit rules not getting a WP. Would be very interested in taking a look at your Pellegrini example @Chetsfmfan

Not sure why you quoted me but the answer is correct. There is more than one brexit scenario. If you have a bug to report, please do that in the bugs forum. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Let's try and raise and discuss tactical questions in the training and tactics forum. I will be doing streams just answering questions and showing things and how they work on wrt. to the match engine on FM21. Opposition Instructions are pretty important on FM21, so will be devoting a stream to them, trying different things and showing how defensive width/attacking width now operate with the new focus instruction. I want to make sure OIs work the way they are supposed to on the tin.

Raised on the tactics forum: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Not sure why you quoted me but the answer is correct. There is more than one brexit scenario. If you have a bug to report, please do that in the bugs forum. Thanks

Reading the reply which I quoted above from Ben Kenney, there is only one brexit outcome in this years game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Ok, apologies. Went off this - which showed different scenarios : 

 

I think what that chap has done, is created a game, gone to rules and clicked on next season and that's exactly what the rules will show. Or screenshotted pre-brexit announcement. 

What I've found is that the actual brexit rules don't show immediately when starting a game, they get added when they get announced (in-game). I've created around 10 saves so far just to test the rules, and the brexit scenario has been the same.

Edited by Chetsfmfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsure if there's an issue with rep or not. Started unemployed for a journeyman save. Sunday league footballer, National C License. Getting interviews and offers at VNN/S sides. None at national, but then just been offered an interview with Stoke without applying?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Ok, apologies. Went off this - which showed different scenarios : 

 

as a poster in that, the "Brexit rules" are the exact same in both screenshots, it's the "Work Permit rules" that vary (note that my screenshot [the 2nd one] is taken from sometime between 2022 and 2024 as it was a holiday save)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamie-RFC said:

Hi, 

I was just going through pre-season on my Mac and the screen turned black, had to press the spacebar for it to come back on and then it did it again upon processing. Any helps or tips to stop this from happening?

This definitely sound like you would need to head over to bug forum. Post your mac info such as graphic, intel processor etc etc. Would be helpful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything is great within the game apart from team talks and the match UI. They didn't need to be changed whatsoever in my opinion, especially when it's not been an issue before and has worked fine for years. 

With that said, the match engine is producing much nicer, realistic passages of play and lovely goals too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

This definitely sound like you would need to head over to bug forum. Post your mac info such as graphic, intel processor etc etc. Would be helpful. 

Hi mate, 

 

Thanks for the reply could you point me in the right direction?

 

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevhamster said:

I'm really not sure what useful purpose this graphic serves..... it's a bit of a mess.

Dugout.png.2c477edaf3e07daee68deb20fc367149.png

They've said it's something that will be changed for release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...