Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, ajt said:

oh it's definitely possible, my strikers are scoring for example.

it's just the players like Lewandoski, Kane, Icardi etc that have a bit lower numbers than you would expect.

last season top goalscorer in Bundesliga 2 was Nmecha with 29 goals (opposition manager).

Thats not too bad compared to last season but yeah the "worlds best strikers" seem to underperform

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Maybe skins can change this a bit somehow. Just feels goingto this star rating system, really not benefiting at all. It should have been left as it was, then 3 easily readable things can be fit nicely - Positsion, fitness, motivation. Let the star system be only in reports.

It feels like it's heading more to a console game with these coloured icons.

I just want to start by saying thanks for leading the charge on sports management games, The FM series is truly a masterpiece. I just wanted to say that my 2 largest gripes with the game for YEARS have been the match engine graphics being inferior to games released during the same period and the UI (screen layouts, navigation of menus, etc) being extremely cumbersome and visually unappealing. I must say the match engine issues seem fixed - I enjoy watching the match engine and I think I can finally cross that grievance off the list. HOWEVER - the UI was made worse in this version. The match day stuff is just too much, Too many clicks and too much wasted effort. I liked the old system much better as this is just cumbersome. Also, can you please make it quicker to speak to players from the squad screen? I’m tired of right clicking a player after a game and going through the steps (interaction, then speak to, then praise/criticize then actually talk to the player). You should be actively making things quicker for the end user and removing unnecessary steps to streamline the process, not adding more screens! Thanks and I hope you’ve read this post.

Edited by Ether_mR

2 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

You have to be very careful, it's easy to pick up a different player as you drag. Better to use a different method.

I have on two occasions picked an outfield player as goalkeeper due to this, Has it been reported do we know? I am so used to drop and drag it is instinct to do it and not check after 

14 hours ago, Tiger666 said:

Got a refund, far too much in the matchday experience I hate. I'll see if any design decisions have been reversed in time but I doubt it. FM20 was great apart from the match engine, you fixed that and ruined the matchday imo. FM20 with this match engine would have been perfect. Back to FM17 for me.

Cool story bro. You do know that modders will come up with amazing skins to rectify this. Best ME in a long time and you got a refund in a few days due to something that CAN be fixed with mods. K. 

1 minute ago, Preveza said:

Cool story bro. You do know that modders will come up with amazing skins to rectify this. Best ME in a long time and you got a refund in a few days due to something that CAN be fixed with mods. K. 

It's my money and I'll do whatever I like with it thanks.

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The game's easy they say. It's too easy to just pick any tactic and win they say

Erm...

image.thumb.png.0784a1c65900271de881e4498de064b5.png

I know, I know, it's my tactics. Good challenge though. I actually prefer it this way. 

Love to see this. I prefer it to be realistic. 

13 minutes ago, allezdae said:

The FA's plans are out in the open, it's 100% realistic. I'm personally disappointed that they haven't included a graphic of a giant blue passport for all UK players.

Aren't the FAs plans just to have a squad limits. Not also then have such restrictive work permits that it makes the signing of foreigners who aren't full internationals almost impossible.

Its a literal death knell for my save.

As if I needed another excuse to hate the Brexit voting gammons anymore they are now ruining my FM saves!

Sat in my home office working on this drab afternoon & I'm absolutely dying to sack it off & load up my save, that tells me this year's FM is awesome

I can see past the UI issues, hopefully they'll improve or a skin can improve it but the ME, man, I can't get enough of it. Thinking I might start up another save to try out narrow formations but I'm enjoying my PSV save so don;t really want to just yet 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sat in my home office working on this drab afternoon & I'm absolutely dying to sack it off & load up my save, that tells me this year's FM is awesome

I can see past the UI issues, hopefully they'll improve or a skin can improve it but the ME, man, I can't get enough of it. Thinking I might start up another save to try out narrow formations but I'm enjoying my PSV save so don;t really want to just yet 

agreed m8 haven't felt so addicted to actually playing/watching the games since FM15 or something.

You could always sell off some of your players and experiment? Maybe it is what is necessary to overtake Ajax :D

Do you guys have problem when you are in tactics and want to change player through a position, where you get who can play also at that position, and when someone is already in first team, he doesn't disappear there even though he can play there. Just because he is at another position

Will report it as a bug later.

11 minutes ago, ajt said:

agreed m8 haven't felt so addicted to actually playing/watching the games since FM15 or something.

You could always sell off some of your players and experiment? Maybe it is what is necessary to overtake Ajax :D

I'd been playing a lot of FM15 in the build up to this, purely because I enjoyed the football the ME produced, I felt in control of what was happening on the pitch, it's exactly the same here, it's an absolute joy to watch akin to real football but I'm in charge of it & can make a difference. It's addictive 

I'm wracking my brain to think of a team where wide players aren't the main event, maybe Arsenal & play Auba upfront in a 4-3-1-2, I'll have a beta blast with them later on I think   

14 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Do you guys have problem when you are in tactics and want to change player through a position, where you get who can play also at that position, and when someone is already in first team, he doesn't disappear there even though he can play there. Just because he is at another position

Will report it as a bug later.

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean. are you saying for example, when you use the drop down menu for a player in the striker position & your main striker's playing right wing, he doesn't appear on the striker list? In that drop down menu there's a filter option for who you want & don't want to show, maybe try that? 

A lot of talk about the missing analysis and widgets from the match which I agree with, but I'd also like to point out the lack of click through in most of the match screens to players and teams.  

One thing I love about FM is you can access relevant information from almost any page.  The new team sheets you can't click on any of the players.  You can't click on the Teams in the corners

Also not sure if this has been mentioned but I'm finding that goalkeepers ratings are always low, even in games where they have clean sheets or nothing to do. Consistently seeing ratings between 6.2-6.5 ratings despite the fact in most games their keeping clean sheets and not having much to do and due to this our board are "concerned" with their performance.

Is this a bug or have ratings on keepers changed at all so it's not just saves/goals conceded their judged on?

13 minutes ago, Bunkerossian said:

How accurate are headers in the beta?

For me headers are very accurate at ending up in the keepers gloves (have barely scored more than three or four in 3 seasons). In terms of defensive headers etc they seem pretty random.

However central play etc is much improved compared to last year

Edited by ajt

3 minutes ago, ajt said:

For me headers are very accurate at ending up in the keepers gloves (have barely scored more than three or four in 3 seasons). In terms of defensive headers etc they seem pretty random.

I had Ibrahimovic scoring at least 7-8 headers this season and my youngster Colombo scoring 3 that I can remember.

1 minute ago, SebastianRO said:

I had Ibrahimovic scoring at least 7-8 headers this season and my youngster Colombo scoring 3 that I can remember.

damn I must be doing something wrong then, I have a striker with 14 heading / 13 jumping reach (pretty good for my division) who hasn't scored one this season.

can't complain tho as he's scoring for fun in other situations :thup:

7 hours ago, george911 said:

I hope not! Realistically speaking most of the games in professional football end with 2-3 goals.

i disagree

image.png.aa415402ef45ba0dc075b5b13215bb7a.png.0e20150174ab5fc52431c17e5f61a223.pngimage.png.0cc4811fda4ae52b339f1f307213dc4e.png.3ed6a5bc51a6fe6ebcb6dfd4cd010f0d.png

I can't take a game seriously when you play with a tactic like this and in 9 games you concede 0 goals,

The print is from FM20, but still happens in FM21 (less often)

This doesn't happen in FM18

Edited by h3nrique_SEP

22 minutes ago, ajt said:

Precisely my biggest frustration in FM 20. That, or headers go over the bar. 1 in 10 will end up in the net. If FM 21 is like that, I am not likely to buy it.

Edited by Bunkerossian

Can't you praise players training from the weekly training recap email anymore? you could in FM20 (on the other hand it was overpowered and soon all your players would love you beacuse that praising)

2 hours ago, StormenDK said:

It would be nice to see the amount of goals scored in the bottom bar in the Match UI, as well as assists:

image.thumb.png.855871047b925e6bd64de251376b01b7.png

Also it would be nice on the Goal-popup that it shows the assist as well.

image.png.5f2d7e8ad07ba923bc6e5362c64eeb50.png

How do you have 6 panels on your tablet? I only have 3 :(

hace 19 minutos, Bunkerossian dijo:

Precisely biggest frustration in FM 20. That, or headers go over the bar. 1 in 10 will end up in the net. If FM 21 is like that, I am not likely to buy it.

I'm seing plenty of headers scored from my targetman, agree that past year most of them went over the bar.

In general I'm in love with big men as targetman or pressing forward in FM21, the way they participate in the build up as single strikers in a 4-5-1, shielding the ball and passing to the attacking midfielders.

Edited by Icy

I'm enjoying this ME a lot and I was a big complainer past year, hope it won't be tweaked a lot for the final game. Too bad we can't record and upload videos with the beta (or haven't found the option) as I'd upload some beauties scored by me or against me.

5 minutes ago, Icy said:

I'm seing plenty of headers scored from my targetman, agree that past year most of them went over the bar.

I'm not sure if SI have even acknowledged that as an issue, last year. Since you're playing with A TM, do you feel players cross too late, or early enough to make the cross not get blocked? I also had an issue where players ignored the instruction for type of cross. They'd go high, when I wanted low (since headers were "useless").

8 horas atrás, Domoboy23 disse:

I'm seeing some really strong defensive displays from AI sides as well as my own. As well as accurate top scorers and goals per game on line with real life. And I'm a defence lover

Yes, some, few, and a lot of dumb behavior. This is already a known issue, at least on discords and facebook community

10 horas atrás, craiigman disse:

Had a missed chance where the “commentator?” Said he missed a sitter, yet the xG was 0.01 I think. Also wasn’t a sitter so commentator thing was wrong lol

Also in a couple of games where I have won 7+ in friendlies, even though my goals weren’t what has been described as high xG I was at 3.65 or something after the game.

So not too sure what’s going on. Will probably just ignore it.

You can analyze the chances. I watched some chances and the xG was not accurated at many of them

56 minutes ago, ScottishFM said:

Also not sure if this has been mentioned but I'm finding that goalkeepers ratings are always low, even in games where they have clean sheets or nothing to do. Consistently seeing ratings between 6.2-6.5 ratings despite the fact in most games their keeping clean sheets and not having much to do and due to this our board are "concerned" with their performance.

Is this a bug or have ratings on keepers changed at all so it's not just saves/goals conceded their judged on?

Don't know But Leeds goalkeeper was top 3 in average ratings in December think the top teams goalkeeper struggle though as they don't have too do much 

23 minutos atrás, Tiger666 disse:

People playing on a lower resolution are punished with less panels.

Im with 17" fhd and I have only 2.

A lot of empty space tho, lol

Edited by thiagoanjo