Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

Is there a way of not selecting a team to manage at game start-up? Previous versions used to do this annoying 'lock you into a decision' nonsense but FM20 didn't - has it reverted?

You can chose "pick later" when setting the game up. Or just unemployed from the drop down up left when choosing club or international.

First impression, I LOVE the interface, looks really great in a macbook retina screen, never thought I would like the purple scheme this much. It's crisp clear, and the transparencies look very modern. Congrats!

Played  a game and got to hand a massive kudos to SI

The below middle graph " we are misplacing way to many passes" obviously is intended as a value add but I cant extract that value add based on dozens of lines and numbers.

Perhaps a synopsis of who is misplacing % wise or number etc or what part of the pitch i.e an executive summary  could be more beneficial to the manager

image.thumb.png.5df70ee7835d4efb575192567260b03e.png

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Also, that's the most immersed I've ever been in the new job press conference. The difference may be mostly visual, but it certainly feels like a lot of thought has gone into it. 

Agree with this, the press conferences feel so much better, actually makes you want to do more instead of just giving them to the assistant.

1 hour ago, Cro-cop said:

It looks incredible. And it runs so much faster! 

Thats the first thing that I noticed. Its way quicker than fm20 if the star ratings are anything to go by. Maybe it also helped that I updated by graphics drivers this morning as well.

They've taken away the option to reverse the camera angle. I hate watching games when the sun is in front of you, always looks much nicer when it's behind you. Why take that option away? Also, I like to change it based on what side the camera is on in real life. 

Another niggle is the info between highlights screen, I can't seem to find any way to have both line ups side by side with player ratings, I can only customise the left hand side of the 'tablet'. 

49 minutes ago, briansteel071280 said:

Hi,

Getting crash dump screen already and just downloaded the game. I'm also struggling to fit the screen to the size of the game. I play my pc on a 55 inch tv. I can get it to fit partly but when i go back and forward from the game to the internet the screen is totally skewed and unreadable. Maybe my own fault for playing it on such a big screen ha ha!

Capture6153123.PNG

Make sure you're graphics card drivers are fully up to date. Also if you have a virus program running make sure that it ignores any FM folders when scanning. This has caused issues in past versions of the game.

1 hour ago, Steve1977beyond said:

Is this a BETA of the full game? So if I play it I can add extra leagues as normal?

Yes.

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

Yes and no. It’s a beta of the full game

but no extra leagues until the editor comes out on the 24th

Thats not true. I was able to add other leagues and change database size before starting. If you cant do this then i'd suggest logging this as an error

• SI Staff
16 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's weird, first game, went straight to 'kick off' without any pre match build up, team line ups or even taking me to the squad selection screen. Is this just because it's the intra-squad friendly and you choose the line ups beforehand?

Yep, the intra-squad friendly is its own beast and has a different (unique) flow compared to other matches.

Gah, they've even removed the option to add widgets to the 2D view - unless I'm completely missing it. 

Match engine itself looks great so far, but the whole matchday experience is lacking. I hope these things are fixed by release. I hate to say it, but this area feels really rushed. 

Hi all, 

Have tried using logo's and a facepack but they aren't appearing in game. I have done this for years through FM, but its not appearing for some reason. I have tried everything, clear cache, everything. Unless its something I'm missing? Doesn't make sense. 

Really impressed. Looks great, plays great, and the immersion is already far better, especially in regards to transfers and press conferences. They might be small changes, but that shift has brought the player into the room so to speak. 

Only done one game in match engine, but I've been really impressed by what I've seen. Couple of cute little passes between defenders, players working to retain the ball in the centre of the pitch, it just feels like a football game. 

41 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

Perhaps intentional, but I notice camera zoom doesnt work under camera " sideline" 

image.png

Mine hasnt downloaded yet but hopefully this is temporary same with another poster saying about not being able to reverse the view, as a celtic fan i simply couldnt play with the camera facing the dugout

Wow, the first time the 3D ME isn't lagging on my not-so-great laptop. Saving also goes really fast. Well done, SI!

Also, happy Canada is a vanilla game league now. Was worried it would stay as a Steam Workshop download, but it's always nice to get new playable leagues from the start. Hope this and the Welsh second tier last year means we'll see more new playable leagues in future versions.

Okay my first impressions so far. 

The game is incredibly lightening quick, it is unbelievable so well done with the background work on that! I am immensely impressed. 

Had a look around before I started a long term save until I realised I overlooked a single thing in the notes - Ajax had no staff, which is down to me for not reading it properly. I suppose it add to the challenge I am facing though! 

All the issues I see my friends mentioning has already been raised by other people. I cannot fault the game so far. Well done and keep this up! 

Slowly working my way through the first days, I like the new team meetings, feels much more meaningful than the old "Lemme reiterate that we'll be champions. Again." stuff we had before.

First press conference as well and I'm not sure whether I like the way gestures and questions/answers combine. For example I was asked about interest in one of my players whom I have no intention of letting go, but if I want to say "I'm keeping him" I have to use a positive gesture, because with a "negative" gesture my only possible answers were along the lines off "yep, will be looking to sell him". Why can't I respond to that question in a negative manner, because I think the question is ridiculous? You know, slam fist on the table and go "no way am I selling him, what are you even talking about"?

Oh and curious about the database, is the DB we currently have the mostly final DB for release or can we still expect to see some changes?

Early feedback from me is that this is incredible. 

The whole matchday experience and graphics feels so much "crisper" and so much faster, the press conference system feels so much better too. 

Great job! Miles asked the question "does this feel like a game made in the middle of a pandemic?" the answer....absolutely not! 

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

First press conference as well and I'm not sure whether I like the way gestures and questions/answers combine. For example I was asked about interest in one of my players whom I have no intention of letting go, but if I want to say "I'm keeping him" I have to use a positive gesture, because with a "negative" gesture my only possible answers were along the lines off "yep, will be looking to sell him". Why can't I respond to that question in a negative manner, because I think the question is ridiculous? You know, slam fist on the table and go "no way am I selling him, what are you even talking about"?

Worth raising this one here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/807-dynamics-interactions-press-conferences-and-meetings/ - something we may be able to investigate.

8 matches played. The ME is incredible. The few issues I had from 2020 appear to have been resolved (not a single instance of a winger running in to the box and smashing it in to the side netting from an impossible angle!!) The new animations help too of course. Incredible work, especially given the challenges this year

4 minutes ago, DP said:

Can you still add custom logos and face packs? Wasn’t there talk this could be made more difficult for this version?

no problem, more difficult to publish them on the fan sites, but at the end.. everything is available to download.

2 minuti fa, SmurfDude ha scritto:

not a single instance of a winger running in to the box and smashing it in to the side netting from an impossible angle!!

well, got it in my intra squad match as my only highlight of the whole match, losing 1-0 to my second eleven, with my usual direct positive tactic. Not impressed yet, but will give it some time

21 minutes ago, Ben111 said:

Hi all, 

Have tried using logo's and a facepack but they aren't appearing in game. I have done this for years through FM, but its not appearing for some reason. I have tried everything, clear cache, everything. Unless its something I'm missing? Doesn't make sense. 

Restarting the game worked for me 👍

Same as you @Dagenham_Dave, I spent most of my first friendly trying to sort the UI

So, there's no widgets? 

Big waste of space under the match stats on the left, I was trying to figure out how to customise this to fill it out a bit & found you can customise the right hand side match stats so the left hand side stats are now pointless 

I'm pretty sure my winner was scored through the post, so I'm replaying in slow-mo trying to find an angle where I can see it clearly & because I can't reverse the camera view, I can't see whether it did or not 

Lots to like here but not impressed with the above 

ETA: First game was a barn burner, won 4-3 after being 3-2 down even if the winner was a bit dodgy :lol:

Edited by Johnny Ace

Missing my Widgets and my condition stat has now changed to a varying green shaded Heart. I now make subs based on pop up advice rather than deciding myself when the old condition rating dropped below a certain value. Super Quick though and like the official team Sheet.

6 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

8 matches played. The ME is incredible. The few issues I had from 2020 appear to have been resolved (not a single instance of a winger running in to the box and smashing it in to the side netting from an impossible angle!!) The new animations help too of course. Incredible work, especially given the challenges this year

Agreed. Just played my first game with FC Kobenhavn and I noticed Wind, who is one of the better DLF's statwise in the game, is finally very involved as a pivot for the rest of the team. I also scored from a lovely through ball in close space, another thing that was missing in FM20.

If this keeps up, I'm going to like this very much. Also a big fan of the way press conferences and player interaction has been redone, really makes you feel like every choice you make matters.