Football Manager 2021 Early Access Beta Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Getting crash dump screen already and just downloaded the game. I'm also struggling to fit the screen to the size of the game. I play my pc on a 55 inch tv. I can get it to fit partly but when i go back and forward from the game to the internet the screen is totally skewed and unreadable. Maybe my own fault for playing it on such a big screen ha ha!

Capture6153123.PNG

I'm on a laptop that barely meets min requirements and its so far so quick (albeit not played a game) so loving that

An observation; when I click on any player and their profile comes up like below, I swore in FM20 when I moved therefore hovered onto the little man icon under NAME it would automatically highlight their profile page but thats not working leading me to click each time out of the current profile

image.thumb.png.68ed5d16b9594b8bc3895751b1f9ccc5.png

Hi guys,

Super excited to be playing the beta. 

However, small issue I have noticed, is there seems to be screen flickering when playing on my 144hz G-sync monitor. I noticed this on FM20 and tried the game on a monitor without G-sync and the issue didn't persist. 

I was just wondering if this was something you was aware of and if there are any plans to fix it?

I cant imagine its an issue on my end and I have all the latest drivers installed for my graphics card (RTX 2070)

1 minute ago, PhilT said:

Has anyone been able to start as unemployed? Each time I try it keeps telling me Liverpool can't be chosen?!?! I'm not trying to choose them or anyone

Do you chose "club manager" or "unemployed" from the first menu? Also, have you ticked the only manager managerless teams at creation?

Just now, PhilT said:

I chose unemployed & yes, only available teams can be managed

Worked fine for me, I'm holidaying through a few years now unemployed without issue.

5 minutes ago, Mike_barry said:

Hi guys,

Super excited to be playing the beta. 

However, small issue I have noticed, is there seems to be screen flickering when playing on my 144hz G-sync monitor. I noticed this on FM20 and tried the game on a monitor without G-sync and the issue didn't persist. 

I was just wondering if this was something you was aware of and if there are any plans to fix it?

I cant imagine its an issue on my end and I have all the latest drivers installed for my graphics card (RTX 2070)

I have the same problem and not just in FM. Nvidia put a driver update out yesterday that seems completely unstable. Roll the driver back and wait til they release a further update 

8 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

I'm on a laptop that barely meets min requirements and its so far so quick (albeit not played a game) so loving that

An observation; when I click on any player and their profile comes up like below, I swore in FM20 when I moved therefore hovered onto the little man icon under NAME it would automatically highlight their profile page but thats not working leading me to click each time out of the current profile

This is hugely annoying, There was a setting to toggle between hover or click last year, but I can't find this. 

Also, changing screen resolution has zero effect, just stays the same. 

Just had my game crash and restart as I was creating a kit on the Create-a-Club mode.

Some additional information incase it helps in anyway: 

Starting in the Third Div of Germany. Have 6 other nations loaded (top leagues and viewable only): England, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Argentina.

Edit: Going for attempt number two, will update if it crashes again.

Edited by SMV90
Info

Like past years since 3D avatar was introduced, if I leave my macbook pro in the start screen with the avatar and the game main menu, the battery drains at like 1% per minute or faster and the fans go to max speed as the macbook heats up a lot. I wish we could stop using the 3D avatar and use instead an static image in that home menu. 

Only played one game, but so far VERY impressed.

Match engine looked great. Some really nice play. You can really see the ball curve this year. 

My only gripe so far is that the subbing is slightly more long winded. If we could have the option of the chalkboard with the positions again, and just move positions, that would be cool. I know you can do it at the bottom right of the screen in the mini one, but doesn't feel as good as previous.

Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.